NATION

PASSWORD

WGP2 Season 4 – RP/results thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

TJUN-ia
Minister

Founded: Oct 04, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Black Paint Inspires A Realisation And A Mircale

Postby TJUN-ia » Mon May 24, 2021 9:45 am

It hit him like a freight train as he looked at his blacked-out car just what had transpired in the civil war he caused. Batu Tüvshinbayar didn't originally see the point of Kaidi Enni Saino-Iakkyy backing him in the Noortekoondis Civil War, as he felt as though he couldn't back her confidence up on the track at all, and he was preparing for another race in this very long season where he would just suffer all round. But then, as he prepared to start in 24th for the Feature Race in Crossbay, he saw his car in the garage, the red and blue mostly blacked-out with some paint in order to remove any reference to Nykipiflugpuu itself. Kaidi did this, splitting the team of the frozen territory from its government, all because she didn't want to let him go - and at that moment, he finally realised what she had done for him and his career. Her loyalty to him empowered him to try and at least try and make it up to her, to show her that her drastic actions were not in vain at all, and so he went out there looking to prove something to the boss who is sticking with him despite everything he hasn't been able to do.

This race would turn into the 2nd coming of Stelburg, where Batu came out of nowhere to claim some great points in a car with a new name and a new paint job. His prior experience here was certainly crucial in his quest and that would help in him slicing his way up the field in a car that in no way deserved to be up there. Lukas was struggling and would end up being lap in 13th in a race where 3 drivers didn't make the end. Batu's slicing and dicing took him all the way to 2nd once again with Janne Laukkanen unlikely to be caught, but Skiia Vialiv managed to get past him in the final 10 laps in order to take that position away. He spent the rest of the race successfully holding off Anola Melani for the final podium spot and while the optics of Vialiv beating him to 2nd were unknown to him, that didn't matter as he crossed the line for 3rd. A TJUN-ian had never made the podium in the WGPO and yet now, it's happened twice in the same season - both from Batu fucking Tüvshinbayar.

Once again, the hugs were dished out and the tears were obvious on the podium as Batu sprayed the champaign for only the 2nd time. His performance had taken him above his teammate in the standings - a feat unthinkable to him just 24 hours ago - and took his Team Noortekoondis into the Top 10 in the constructors once again. The Sprint Race was still to come in the Nimbus System, a race Fichter will start 2nd and he will start 12th, but he could focus on that later - now was all about the most important job he had today. He gave the biggest hug he could to Kaidi whilst thanking her as much as he could, visibly showing his appreciation in a way he didn't think was possible. If things get better from here on out, then the one known as Kaidi Enni Saino-Iakkyy would forever be indebted to him.
1st: ECC4/5, NSSCRA13, RLWC22, IBS20, EBT3, EIHT2
2nd: NSCF24/26, ARWC4, WC:TOTS, IBC34, IBS17, RUWC33/35, ECC6
3rd: ARWC3, IBC32, ECC3/7, ARWC6, ET20IV
NSSCRA - JR
T1: #07 Michael Stefan (S13 T1 Champ/9W)/#64 Alfonso Mercado (3W)/#03 Maddison Riley-Jones (S10 T2 Champ/2W-T1/3W-T2)
T2: #96 Alice Jepkosgei (3W)/#70 Gongming Gao [NCR] (5W)/#79 Axel Chase

WGPO: #11 Lane Carter (2W)/ #9 Batu Tüvshinbayar (WGP2 S5 Champion/1W)
NSTT: 4 S-Titles (3 RU)/2 D-Titles (6 RU)

UN - U1
TJUN (Ta-Jun) - An organ of the UN that focuses on "international role-play" (i.e. USA = Fang the Sniper) (U2)
TJUN-ia (Ta-Jun-ee-a) - The testing grounds of TJUN members, but operates as an independent nation. (U3)

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Mon May 24, 2021 9:56 am

Crossbay Circuit, Nimbus Bay, the Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System
Nimban Deuxième Prix Feature Race, Chequered Flag; 22nd of May

There is jubilation.

On the inside of Nexus Racing’s garage, Gertrude punches the air, then turns to high-five Lucia, laughing riotously as she does. She taps at the panel in front of her. “Janne First-Blessed Laukkanen! That’s a beautiful drive, a superb victory and first place in the Drivers’ Championship! You go up to that podium and enjoy that pressé – we’ll see you there soon!”

She beams, letting the Abovian’s happiness wash over her in his reply – and then, glancing across her screen, she tilts her head, thoughts calming. Gertrude’s expression calms to a smile, tapping again. “Hey, Haru – nice work out there. You’ve not been done justice yet; hopefully this makes up a bit. We’ll get back and get ready for tomorrow!”

‘Be not afraid to follow the winding paths across the mountainside…’ Ah, Mardolf.

Gertrude leans back, closing her eyes.

“…get ready for tomorrow…”

Her expression becomes just that bit more brittle.

Got to make a decision at some point. He’s more than ready, isn’t he?

Maelstrom.
We are the Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System, not just a collection of people; please shorten to the pre-title or use the full name!

Emmet: You might see a mess -
Lord Business: Exactly: a bunch of weird, dorky stuff that ruined my perfectly good stuff!
Emmet: Okay. What I see are people, inspired by each other and by you - people taking what you made and making something new out of it.

The central Nimban cultural ideal summed up in an exchange from The Lego Movie.

Supporter of the campaign to add Economic Freedom to the home page!

Liventia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 04, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Liventia » Mon May 24, 2021 12:18 pm

CUTOFF
for the Nimban Deuxième Prix - Sprint Race at Crossbay Circuit
Слава Україні!

Liventia
Negotiator

Postby Liventia » Mon May 24, 2021 12:23 pm

Event 20: Race
Conditions:      	Cloudy
Laps: 34
(Drivers retiring on lap 30 or earlier not classified)
Nation: NIM
Circuit: Crossbay Circuit
Event: Nimban Deuxième Prix - Sprint Race
Safety Car on Laps: 9, 10
Cars on Grid: 28

POS  # ▍DRV Name                                    Team                                   	Time      	Pts	Fastest Lap	
1 18 JKN Haru Jukkenna Nexus Racing 01:02:07.202 15
2 23 RIK Sakinomi Rikikida VSK-Maarukanna Racing 00:00:14.583 13
3 87 PEG Jama'obo Pegasii VilayeEnergy Sport Grand Prix 00:00:16.140 11
4 17 LAU Janne Laukkanen Nexus Racing 00:00:26.463 9
5 66 ZOO Harry Zoomtwat Urotovsky-Gatutin 00:00:27.084 8
6 31 WIN Joy Wingelaar Teusbank TMW Rennsport 00:00:32.646 7
7 15 JUN Heinz-Otto Junker Teusbank TMW Rennsport 00:00:59.014 6
8 35 VAR Indra Vartak Pryfors Bilar-Viska/Air Kalactin 00:01:04.237 5
9 0 AMD Astigar Armendaritze Fireline Motorsports 00:01:10.704 4
10 11 MEL Anola Melani Kaylan Racing Team 00:01:12.744 3
11 21 HKS Chiruno Hakusoe VSK-Maarukanna Racing 00:01:19.724 2
12 88 PRE Ted Pressley Kaylan Racing Team 00:01:28.827 1
13 40 KOW Adriana Kowalski Ela Lillian Fireline Motorsports 00:01:30.618
14 92 MAR Alex Márquez Erkuns-Hohnschich-Furzeine-Motospiel 00:01:43.332
15 7 DEV Annelise Devereux PrismRiver Racing Laps Down: 1
16 9 TUV Batu Tüvshinbayar Team Noortekoondis Laps Down: 1
17 44 GOZ Rod Gozum Equipo Telebuenas-BA Laps Down: 1
18 16 SHW Elise Shaw Bitten Heroes-MW Racing Laps Down: 1
19 45 KUL Parveen Kulkarni Erkuns-Hohnschich-Furzeine-Motospiel Laps Down: 1
20 91 MTV Taras Matviyenko Urotovsky-Gatutin Laps Down: 1
21 41 ROU Edward Rousseau Equipo Telebuenas-BA Laps Down: 1
22 13 CRB Pedro Carballal Scuderia Orange Cow Laps Down: 1
DNF 14 VIA Skiia Vialiv VilayeEnergy Sport Grand Prix Ret. lap 19 + 1 1:40.867
DNF 72 VAL Charyseine Valkyria PrismRiver Racing Ret. lap 12
DNF 37 HAU Laura Haukanna Pryfors Bilar-Viska/Air Kalactin Ret. lap 8
DNF 3 KUY Sakiteno Kuyara Scuderia Orange Cow Ret. lap 8
DNF 79 FIC Lukas Fichter Team Noortekoondis Ret. lap 7
DNF 4 LIL Athan Lille Bitten Heroes-MW Racing Ret. lap 4

Drivers' standings
Pos # ▍DRV Name                                     Team [Engine]                                                  Tyres                                   Pts
1 17 LAU Janne Laukkanen Nexus Racing [Paragon Warp] In Motion 110
2 15 JUN Heinz-Otto Junker Teusbank TMW Rennsport [TMW] Deyoze 104
3 88 PRE Ted Pressley Kaylan Racing Team [Kaylan] Deyoze 99
4 11 MEL Anola Melani Kaylan Racing Team [Kaylan] Deyoze 87
5 14 VIA Skiia Vialiv VilayeEnergy Sport Grand Prix [Preston] Deyoze 73
6 40 KOW Adriana Kowalski Ela Lillian Fireline Motorsports [Preston] Deyoze 59
6 35 VAR Indra Vartak Pryfors Bilar-Viska/Air Kalactin [Preston] Phoenician 59
8 37 HAU Laura Haukanna Pryfors Bilar-Viska/Air Kalactin [Preston] Phoenician 56
9 31 WIN Joy Wingelaar Teusbank TMW Rennsport [TMW] Deyoze 54
10 66 ZOO Harry Zoomtwat Urotovsky-Gatutin [Preston] Deyoze 51
10 7 DEV Annelise Devereux PrismRiver Racing [Preston] Deyoze 51
12 21 HKS Chiruno Hakusoe VSK-Maarukanna Racing [VSK-Rotary] Deyoze 47
13 87 PEG Jama'obo Pegasii VilayeEnergy Sport Grand Prix [Preston] Deyoze 45
14 23 RIK Sakinomi Rikikida VSK-Maarukanna Racing [VSK-Rotary] Deyoze 37
15 92 MAR Alex Márquez Erkuns-Hohnschich-Furzeine-Motospiel [Preston] Deyoze 35
16 18 JKN Haru Jukkenna Nexus Racing [Paragon Warp] In Motion 34
17 0 AMD Astigar Armendaritze Fireline Motorsports [Preston] Deyoze 32
18 9 TUV Batu Tüvshinbayar Team Noortekoondis [Preston] Deyoze 27
19 79 FIC Lukas Fichter Team Noortekoondis [Preston] Deyoze 26
20 41 ROU Edward Rousseau Equipo Telebuenas-BA [Badai Angin] Deyoze 24
21 91 MTV Taras Matviyenko Urotovsky-Gatutin [Preston] Deyoze 22
22 4 LIL Athan Lille Bitten Heroes-MW Racing [Harlean] Stellenbosch 20
23 44 GOZ Rod Gozum Equipo Telebuenas-BA [Badai Angin] Deyoze 19
24 72 VAL Charyseine Valkyria PrismRiver Racing [Preston] Deyoze 14
25 69 YUM Hoshikari Yume Erkuns-Hohnschich-Furzeine-Motospiel [Preston] Deyoze 6
26 13 CRB Pedro Carballal Scuderia Orange Cow [Preston] Deyoze 5
27 3 KUY Sakiteno Kuyara Scuderia Orange Cow [Preston] Deyoze 1
28 16 SHW Elise Shaw Bitten Heroes-MW Racing [Harlean] Stellenbosch 0
28 45 KUL Parveen Kulkarni Erkuns-Hohnschich-Furzeine-Motospiel [Preston] Deyoze 0

Team standings
Pos NAT ▍Team [Engine]                                                  Tyres                                   Pts
1 TGN Kaylan Racing Team [Kaylan] Deyoze 186
2 STL Teusbank TMW Rennsport [TMW] Deyoze 158
3 NIM Nexus Racing [Paragon Warp] In Motion 144
4 V&T VilayeEnergy Sport Grand Prix [Preston] Deyoze 118
5 DCS Pryfors Bilar-Viska/Air Kalactin [Preston] Phoenician 115
6 ETN Fireline Motorsports [Preston] Deyoze 91
7 AUR VSK-Maarukanna Racing [VSK-Rotary] Deyoze 84
8 PDN Urotovsky-Gatutin [Preston] Deyoze 73
9 HDR PrismRiver Racing [Preston] Deyoze 65
10 NYK Team Noortekoondis [Preston] Deyoze 53
11 FID Equipo Telebuenas-BA [Badai Angin] Deyoze 43
12 SWR Erkuns-Hohnschich-Furzeine-Motospiel [Preston] Deyoze 41
13 LIS Bitten Heroes-MW Racing [Harlean] Stellenbosch 20
14 CBP Scuderia Orange Cow [Preston] Deyoze 6
Слава Україні!

Togonistan
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 08, 2016
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Togonistan » Tue May 25, 2021 11:04 am

Kaylan Racing Team HQ
Tushlark, Togonistan

After a weekend in The Wardship, Kaylan team had returned to Togonistan to start preparations for the final three rounds of the season. Clouds in the sky hinted at raining starting to pour down soon as Xander looked through a window in his office. Sitting on his chair with a glass of brandy in one hand and a cigar in another, one would think he was relaxing as he enjoyed the simpler things in life. However, right now, that was not really the case. In fact, a hint of nervousness was hidden deep inside him, despite looking calm as always on the outside.

Sitting on a couch few meters away from him was no one else but Ralph Felan himself, CEO of Kaylan Motors Ltd. Ralph, having found some time in his packed schedule, had decided to make a surprise visit to the team headquarters to take a look at how things were going there these days. Having walked around the HQ complex a bit, Ralph had eventually bumped into Xander, resulting in the two starting to talk and the latter inviting him to his office. Sitting there legs crossed, Ralph also enjoyed the high class brandy that Xander had so generously offered to him.

''So, Xander, tell me. How does it feel like?'' Ralph asked before taking another sip from his glass.

''How does what feel like?'' Xander asked with a calm tone in his voice.

''To lead the championship, of course,'' Ralph smirked, ''You know, I've always known you as a man who gets things done, but even I didn't believe you would go and actually grab it.''

''I wouldn't chant before the dawn,'' Xander said calmly as he puffed smoke from his cigar, ''we have three more rounds to go.''

''Of course, of course...'' Ralph nod, ''but, I don't think I have to tell you that the board is incredibly please with your work.''

''It's not just me, you know that. The boys have worked hard on the car, our drivers have driven spectacularly...''

''Same old Xander,'' Ralph cut him off, ''Subtle. But I like that. It's a trait of a great leader.''

''A great leader without a great team behind him is as good as nothing, don't you think?''

Ralph looked at Xander deep in the eyes, ''What did we have before you took over leading our WGP2 branch? A broken, dysfunctional group of people. It was you who made them work as a team. You know, I watched the race last weekend. That pit stop your pit crew did on Melani's car was amongst the most beautiful ones I have ever seen. I barely even recognised it was the same crew I saw during pre-season testing. Who were Melani and Pressley before you took them under your wing? Barely anyone even recognized their names. Now, everyone is talking about them. About the team. About Kaylan.''

Ralph stood up from the couch and walked over to a window, looking at the rain that had just started. ''In five months, you have managed to do something that Tanielu couldn't do in two years,'' Ralph took another sip of brandy before he continued, ''you managed to take the people we had, get some new people aboard as well and, ultimately, form them into a team. It's true that no great leader can do without a great team, but I think a great leader is the one building up a great team for themselves.''

Xander took a moment to analyse what Ralph had just said. ''Perhaps. I mean, I can't think where I would be right now if you didn't give me a chance back in the day.''

Ralph looked at Xander and smiled. ''Perhaps I could say I invested in you back then. That's how it works, a hand washes a hand. Speaking of which, I think there is something you could do for me now.''

''Sure, go ahead.''

''While you've been focusing on running the things here, one of our departments has quietly been developing our new, improved WGP3-spec engine.''

''Oh,'' Xander nod, wondering where this was going, ''how's it going so far?''

''The development is at it's final stages as we speak. Hukerikei 3, a hybrid between it's older counterpart and current Kaieke. It's almost identical in design to Kaieke 3 that you guys are running, just with slightly less power. In fact, the folks at factory have nicknamed it Baby Kaieke.''

''Interesting... I fail to see what it has to do with me, though?''

''Remember how I said about our plans to use WGP2 as a ground to promote our racing technology back then? I think that, with your help, we have found a potential customer for our new engines.''

''Who are you talking about?''

Ralph smirked, ''Mr. Charlie Pressley from Tumbra''

''Charlie Pressley? You mean Ted's old man?''

''Yup. You see, Mr. Pressley himself runs a team in Tumbran Formula series. Considering that you have his son in your boat who is currently setting the world in fire, me and the board think it would be a great opportunity to send a little business proposal on his way and use him to break open a door to that sweet Tumbran market.''

Xander emptied his glass and put it on the table, ''What do you need me for?''

''Connections. I'm sure you two have met already in person, right?''

''Only briefly, to be honest.''

''That's better than nothing. At least, he knows your face. What my plan is, we invite him for a tour around the factory, the team HQ and demonstrate the new engine, before handing in an engine deal proposal for the upcoming season.''

''Hold up... I still don't get it. Why him, out of all people? What makes you think he will even consider it?''

Ralph smirked again, ''Politics. It's his son driving in our team, after all. As I've said countless of times, racing is a beautiful sport, but it's also a game of politics. And right now, we've got all the aces up our sleeve. All the tests we've run show that the new Hukerikei surpasses the older model in both performance as well as running costs. By offering the deal, it will be mutually beneficial for both parties. Kaylan gets a foot in the Tumbran market, additional data to help the development, and Pressley Engineering gets a very competitive engine for themselves. Plus, I'm confident that after some ice breaking, I am able to talk him into a deal which he simply cannot refuse. In addition, should the partnership happen, you can also use it as leverage to sweeten the deal when it's time for talks about Ted's possible contract extension in the future.'' With the smirk still on his face, Ralph looked at Xander, ''So, what do you think?''

Xander put out his cigar, ''When shall we contact him?''

''How about right now? You have his number, right?''

''I don't think so. I cleaned up my phonebook a while ago, but I'm sure Ted can give it to us,'' Xander said as he stood up, ''you sure you want to do this?''

''Absolutely. Do you know where your boy is right now?''

''Saw him in the lounge not too long ago.''

Xander and Ralph head down to one of the lounge areas where, indeed, they found Ted playing pool with Rai and Artyom. Xander and Ralph walked over to him. ''Ted, can you give me your dad's phone number?'' Xander asked.
Last edited by Togonistan on Tue May 25, 2021 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

TJUN-ia
Minister

Founded: Oct 04, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

The Future Looks Bright Despite A Flat Sprint

Postby TJUN-ia » Wed May 26, 2021 10:20 am

Another podium came Batu Tüvshinbayar's way in the Nimban Deuxième Prix Feature Race, but the Sprint Race wouldn't produce much at all for Team Noortekoondis.

Despite a high starting position, Batu would end up a lap down in 16th while teammate Lukas Fichter retired on Lap 7, one of 6 not to see the end.

Haru Jukkenna won this race in the home team's car over Sakinomi Rikikida and Jama'obo Pegasii, with Janne Laukkanen now leading the championship by 6 points to Heinz-Otto Junker with 6 races to go. Batu and Fichter are 18th and 19th respectively, which sees TN in 10th in the Constructors.

Batu wasn't dismayed but today's event at all, as the glory he felt in the Feature Race overpowered the disappointment he may have felt about the sprint. As this wild ride headed out to the Yakumicha Circuit in Hodori, the plan for Shinebaishin's own for the final 6 races is pretty simple:

Score as many points as possible and prove to Kaidi that she was in the right!
1st: ECC4/5, NSSCRA13, RLWC22, IBS20, EBT3, EIHT2
2nd: NSCF24/26, ARWC4, WC:TOTS, IBC34, IBS17, RUWC33/35, ECC6
3rd: ARWC3, IBC32, ECC3/7, ARWC6, ET20IV
NSSCRA - JR
T1: #07 Michael Stefan (S13 T1 Champ/9W)/#64 Alfonso Mercado (3W)/#03 Maddison Riley-Jones (S10 T2 Champ/2W-T1/3W-T2)
T2: #96 Alice Jepkosgei (3W)/#70 Gongming Gao [NCR] (5W)/#79 Axel Chase

WGPO: #11 Lane Carter (2W)/ #9 Batu Tüvshinbayar (WGP2 S5 Champion/1W)
NSTT: 4 S-Titles (3 RU)/2 D-Titles (6 RU)

UN - U1
TJUN (Ta-Jun) - An organ of the UN that focuses on "international role-play" (i.e. USA = Fang the Sniper) (U2)
TJUN-ia (Ta-Jun-ee-a) - The testing grounds of TJUN members, but operates as an independent nation. (U3)

Lisander
Minister

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Wed May 26, 2021 9:04 pm

Statement on Driver Replacement: Welcome, Miss Lianna Rasianoara

Welcome, Lalaina! Lianna Rasianoara is the new MW Racing
Lab WGP2 Driver.
After recent results, Miss Elise Shaw proactivity and ability to bring sporting and financial returns to the team was re-evaluated, and then we decided to part ways with the Kraininian driver. We wish Ms Shaw the best of luck on her endeavours in racing. Our Academy driver, Miss Lianna Rasianoara, from Grand Merina, is expected to take the seat from WGP2 Round of Hodori.

Fortunately, Miss Rasianoara brings with herself the support of Siala Group. Siala is Grand Merina's largest construction company, and is involved in major works in Grand Merina, Alice Bay and Saint Ianina. The company has a focus on affordable housing, helping thousands of people in these countries to acquire their own homes. Siala Group also offers possibilities in health, education and social security for its employees and customers through the Mutuelles Merinéenes fund, of which it is the main sponsor.

"We are pleased to partner with such a socially conscious company. We are happy that we will be able to take the magic of motoring to more places and more people, now in Grand Merina. We hope, that just as Siala Group helps people build their dreams, we can give future generations of Grand Merina the chance to dream of all this wonderful thing that is racing. So, we hope Lianna is just the first of many from her nation."
- Marc Wiel

Despite her tender age, Lianna is already a formidable driver. On the most recent Grand Merina Superkarts championship, running a team together with her brother Lucian Hery, she finished second in the general classification, with four wins. Being accepted into MW Racing Lab, she's already participating in both real and virtual events of Lisander Formula Junior. She also tested the KS-04 in private events through the season, so she's ready to "step up between the adults".

"I don't take this lightly, because it's my debut outside Imperan League Competition. The bar is set very high and I'll do my best to, at least, get some points to MW Racing Lab, which is giving me the biggest opportunity of my career. I know it won't be easy, because I'm a late joiner and I'm covering a seat that wasn't giving the expected results, but I can promise total dedication to the project."
- Lianna Rasianoara

MW Racing Lab renames presents new livery!

While we still keep our relationship with Bitten Heroes Grand Prix Engineering, we received a new driver and a primary sponsor, so we are rebranding a little to fit our new partners and especially to fit our duty of developing future racing stars. Alongside the new name, which is now clarifying what is the mission of our team, we have a new logo, that emulates the DNA helix and represents evolution and development. We're now compromising 100% in developing young talents. Also, we're adding new colours to the livery. Our traditional blue keeps, now with accents of Fluo Green for Athan Lille and Neon Red for Lianna Rasianoara.

We heartfully thank Bitten Heroes Grand Prix Engineering for all the support given in these rounds, and we wish the best to the team crew that is leaving for the WGPC Team. We are still here. We are already training the next Heroes.

PREV | 560 | NEXT
Last edited by Lisander on Thu May 27, 2021 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Principality of Lisander, a sports loving, very highly developed nation in Astyria.
Disappointing people and missing deadlines since 2013.

Tumbra
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 29, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tumbra » Thu May 27, 2021 12:29 am

Togonistan wrote:[...]
''Ted, can you give me your dad's phone number?'' Xander asked.

Uh.

Ted froze.

This wasn't the question he was expecting from Xander. Then again, he hadn't told anyone about what had happened at Hessington — and what had essentially dominated his thoughts afterwards. Three flyaway races — in Diarcesia, the Wardship and soon, in Hodori — had helped take his mind off his dad a bit, but soon they'd be heading back to more familiar pastures in Nekoni and Rushmore. The former race, of course, would be located in Esportiva. He wasn't sure if his father would be making an appearance there, but he was sure that if he was, he wouldn't be pleased.

Two points-scoring finishes from four races — the latest one being a mighty disappointing 12th placed finish — had saw him lose the lead of the Championship. He wasn't miffed about it — after all, the team was still atop the Constructors' Championship, albeit by a smaller margin — but he did feel a slight pang of disappointment within. After all, if he was to make a splash when he eventually graduated to WGPC proper, he'd preferably...take a few trophies with him. Not that he minded having two race wins under his belt.

"Ted? Is everything okay?" came the enquiring voice from Xander, from what seemed like a million miles away.

"Yeah, I'm...I'm fine," he stammered out. Trying to lean the pool cue on the table as he reached for his phone inside his pocket, Ted instead watched in dismay as the pool cue clattered onto the ground. Flashing an apologetic look at Xander, who looked positively bemused at this scene, he reached for the pool cue, which had just rolled out of the reach of his fingers, sighed, then unlocked his phone and began scrolling through his contacts list.

"Here. Uh...it's uh...+90...that's our country code. Then the eight digits."
"Thank you...Is everything alright with you? You've seemed kind of off today."
"No, I'm fine, I really am."
"Alright. But if there's anything, anything at all — you know where to find me."
"Right. Yeah."
Xander walked off, back to his office.

Bending over to pick up the dropped pool cue, he looked up to see Rai beside himself in laughter, while Artyom merely shrugged before leaning over the table to hit the 13 ball into one of the pockets.
"What?"
"It's nothing, really. Though seeing you talk like that to Xander was fucking hilarious," came the response from Rai.
"Really?"
"Yeah. Yeah, it really was."
"But why?"
"Look, Xander's a really, really chill guy. He really is. And he really cares. About all of us. So lighten up a bit, man!"
"Really?"
"Would I lie to you? Have I ever lied to you, Artyom?"
Artyom, who was lining up a shot on the 15 ball, angrily looked at Rai, who had interrupted his careful preparations, then shook his head gruffly.
"You see?"
Artyom swore as the ball missed the pocket by inches. Gleefully picking up his own cue, Rai looked to hit the 5 ball of his own.
"Something's up, Ted. Come on, what is it? You cannot keep these things to yourself forever. We are a family. And what Rai said is correct. Xander cares about you. Otherwise you would not be in the seat you are in now."
"I guess..."
"I will be entirely honest with you. You were not Kaylan's first choice. Or second."
Ted winced.
"But Xander saw something, something special in you. And I would say that he made a good choice. He does have an eye for those. From eighth last season to leading now, to bringing people like Anola and you in. I am certain, Ted, that if there is something on your mind that might be weighing on you, regardless of whether it is big or small, you could go to him and he will take care of it. Because you, Ted Pressley, are now part of our family."
"Family...?"
Artyom offered a gentle smile. "Yes.
The mildly heartwarming moment was interrupted by curses from Rai, who had missed the pocket with the 8 ball by a couple of inches and had flopped down on the sofa, energy drink in hand.
"And if you can get whatever is bugging you off your mind, then perhaps..."
He shifted the pool cue, focusing absolutely on the 8 ball, before hitting the cue ball. Masterfully hit, the ball ricocheted off the side of the jet-black sphere, itself beginning its own path to...somewhere. All three of them were riveted, focused on the path of the ball as it slowly inched its way to the pocket.
Plop.

"You owe me dinner, Rai."
"Agh, whatever. I'll get you back, next time."

He turned back to Ted.

"As I was saying. If we can help you in any way to get that issue of yours off your mind, then perhaps we can get back to winning ways sooner rather than later. Because this car, in the hands of you two, is able to do great things. And we already are keeping up with everything we can. So the question, Ted, is this — are you doing the same?"

The three stood in silence for a moment.

"Remember, the doors are always open. Mine, Xander's, Manu's, Simon's. Always. Because we all want you to do the best you can. Now come on. Let's go for dinner."

882, if not including Togonistan's quote; 895 otherwise
Last edited by Tumbra on Thu May 27, 2021 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF TUMBRA
Tumbra - a sprawling, modern federal democratic republic located in Esportiva. Strong economy, strong civil rights, strong freedoms.
Population: 121 million | TLA: TMB | Capital City: Straton | Largest City: Couno
Constitution | Domestic Database | Domestic Football | Domestic Motorsports | Wiki Article
President: Edward Merryweather (United) | Prime Minister: Bertram Andrews (Labour)
U-18 World Cup 13, 21 Champions/Di Bradini Cup 51, 57 Champions

Grand Merina
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 30, 2016

Postby Grand Merina » Thu May 27, 2021 8:15 am

Earlier this week
Toa, Toa Province, Grand Merina

Are you sure about this, my child? You're seeing the results of the team. Is it really worth it? - Hery Rasianoara had a worried expression on his face. He was worried about the attitude of his daughter, Lianna Rasianoara. He thought that MW Racing's poor results would have discouraged the girl from pursuing the idea of entering WGP2.

However, Lianna did not seem to be bothered by the problems of the Lisanderian team.

I've already signed up. Why should I pass up the opportunity? But of course... It's your money. If I were to enter with only my savings, I would only pay the initial fees and travel, and I would have to sleep in the pits and eat the leftovers if someone wanted to give them to me.

Hery's expression changed to a serious face, as if to scold his daughter.

You say some absurd things sometimes, Lalaina. Of course I will support you and your brother wherever you want to go. Don't talk about eating leftovers or even joke about it, my daughter. You know, right here in the Grand Merina where you were born, there are still children who have nothing to eat...

Yes, I know, Father. I'm sorry. That's not what I meant. What I meant to say is: I want to pursue this, but I can't afford my own dreams on my own yet. But in most cases, in this sport, people are always needing more money to keep everything going. The invitation is in my hand, they are waiting for the answer - Lianna said, showing the email on the Smartphone screen.

But you know it's going to be a rush, right? You'll have to test the car... - Hery kept trying to demotivate her, not that he expected to succeed.

It's already been done. You even went with us to the testing. - Lianna replied, immediately.

You'll need new overalls...

No, I won't. Or do you think I've put on weight, Father?

I meant new overalls with the sponsors' logos on them.

You can race with any overall. The important thing is to have them.

You need a helmet...

Dad, I got six racing helmets ready to race today. You spoiled me a...

You need a visa to enter Hodori.

Lianna gulped. She never had to deal with travel visas, because she had never travelled to places other than the Imperan League countries, where visas were not required.

I wonder how much work is needed to get one.

I got you. I knew you hadn't paid attention to all the details. But since you're so excited, I'll contact some friends and try to get a special work permit. You can confirm.

Lianna Rasianoara formally accepts the seat as replacement driver for MW Racing.

465 words.
Last edited by Grand Merina on Thu May 27, 2021 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nykipiflugpuu
Secretary

Founded: Sep 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Nykipiflugpuu » Thu May 27, 2021 3:50 pm

Timantirkas, Nykipiflugpuu

Heikki giggles and bashes his living room coffee table with his fists in excitement. "Excellent! I knew this would work!" he exclaims. One of his pawns, connected with him through videochat, seems to agree, but his video feed is full of artifacts, and his audio is not very clear. The same applies for the illegal stream the Nykipish head of state had found online to watch the Nimban sprint race; next to the video stream window, he has a live timing table of the race standings.

As Jama'obo Pegasii crosses the finish line in third place—confirming VilayeEnergy-Nykipiflugpuu Sport Grand Prix' second podium finish of the weekend—Heikki breathes a sigh of relief. For a moment, it had seemed that, perhaps, his knee jerk decision to cut off Nykipiflugpuun Noortekoondis from the Nykipish government’s (anemic) stream of income had been a mistake. The troubled Mongolian, on his first race under the team of exiles’ new scrappy colors, was suddenly on course to score a second career podium out of nowhere ahead of VilayeEnergy’s own Vialiv.

After a masterful move by the Vilitan to secure second place, though, his decision had suddenly begun to make more sense, a hunch he’d just confirmed with her more experienced teammate’s third place. This was all he’d ever expected Nykipiflugpuun Noortekoondis to be: a podium challenging team—but he’d made it well clear to his pawns that he wished not to be reminded of the fact he’d turned down both Vilita and Turorian drivers in favor of his hand-picked TJUN-ian wonderchild before the start of the season.

The camera on his live broadcast pans across one of Crossbay’s corners as the #87 car of Pegasii returns to the pits. Midway through the shot, the frame freezes, and as the artifacts settle into place the livery comes into view.

“Look at that!” Heikki exclaims, his enthusiasm deflating as each word escapes his mouth. “Making Nykipiflugpuu proud.” He pauses. “The flag could just be a little more visible.”

Through connectivity stutters, a different pawn speaks up. “It’s a shame they haven’t changed their name yet.”

Heikki frowns, and stares into the camera. “Who said that?” he demands. “Nonsense! I demanded it myself: VilayeEnergy-Nykipiflugpuu Sport Grand Prix. Rolls off the tongue and does exactly what it must.”

“No, sir,” the pawn insists, his voice trembling. “It’s just VilayeEnergy Sport Grand Prix.”

Heikki begins to shake his head, the same ominous gesture he tends to make when he’s about to lash out disproportionately against one of his goons, but the pawn tries his luck further by interrupting his escalating frustration. “Look, the standings table is up,” he cries.

The Nykipish head of state keeps his face aimed at his camera, but his eyes dart down and to his left. On the team standings table, far above Team Noortekoondis—still donning the trigramme of their persecuting nation—sits the Vilitan outfit he’d just sold the nation’s main government building for.

“4 V&T VilayeEnergy Sport Grand Prix [Preston] 118

As he reads and re-reads the team name, the power goes out, and both the live broadcast and the video chat cut out.

Toralmintii International Circuit
Lintulahti, Aboveland

Kaidi and Edvin stand, as they tend to stand when standing together, cross-armed and with their feet at shoulders’ width. The mechanics are putting the finishing touches on Team Noortekoondis’ two ÆN-1P chassis in preparation for the third to last round of the WGP2 season. Edvin had already explained the whole situation thoroughly a few days back: there was little he could do despite Batu’s sensational redemption podium. Nykipiflugpuun Noortekoondis was supposed to be Ælund Racing’s side hustle, not their problem to deal with. Now, however, with the pull-out of the Nykipiflugpuu Transportation and Sporting Board from the project—and her and her team’s subsequent de facto exiles from Nykipiflugpuu and asylum applications in Aboveland—there was a certain role the Abovian outfit would have to fill to keep the team from collapsing before the end of the year. Though the Nykipiks hadn’t quite shoveled loads of cash into the struggling outfit, and despite the fact that the funding had started to run dry after a string of bad results, the stream of income from the NTSB was enough to cover the operational costs of the team’s remaining car (as Fichter’s Ruhntuhnkuhnlander sponsors covered the costs of his own car), and all that Ælund Racing had to do was lend a piece of their manpower.

Yet things now have gotten complicated. With development of AGP-004 well underway and in a crucial stage, the little funds Ælund Racing could spare are no longer available, and from day one Edvin had made his terms clear: if it came to having to prioritize his WGPC efforts and his WGP2 side-gig, Nykipiflugpuun Noortekoondis would be the losing party in the decision.

Kaidi, however, had at last proved her leadership abilities. Lukas Fichter, despite stumbling come race day, had successfully elevated his status from languishing backmarker to consistent top-10 qualifier, and Batu… well, Batu had somehow managed two podiums starting at the back. It had been a torrid season in general, but there were very few, but very picturesque, silver linings which justified not fully pulling the plug. Edvin had thus given Kaidi his verdict. For the race in Yakumicha, he’d gladly dish out just enough cash to run Batu’s car and ship all the shit over and back, but there was little more he could spare. Regardless, he had added an extra blip to his offer. Team Noortekoondis needed to find a sponsor before the penultimate race of the season, and for that, he did promise to campaign. It wouldn’t need to be a huge sponsorship deal—not that the team’s results would manage such a thing—just enough to make it to Liventia and perhaps even sell the cars there come season’s end. The only objective now was to survive, and faced with either an uphill battle or no battle at all, Kaidi accepted the terms of the agreement.

The agreement means, too, that Ælund Racing hadn’t coughed up any extra money for a new livery.

Once Kaidi’s mental recap of the events leading up until then had finished, she mutters.

“Thanks,” she says warmly.

“Don’t,” replies Edvin, remorseful. “I know I’m not doing enough.” He struggles to keep his face pointed forwards at the two chassis, and turns to face Kaidi as she reassures him it’s fine. Her face doesn’t move, the resprayed cars reflected on her glasses.

“I understand. Keeping the team alive is just enough. But we need a sponsor, you are right. A ‘B’ is not enough.”

She grins softly as one of the mechanics pulls out a Sharpie and adds the finishing touches: the drivers’ names and their numbers.

Semi-independent protectorate of Aboveland

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Diarcesia » Thu May 27, 2021 3:50 pm

Now Diarcesia's Greatest Naval Enclave

As the name suggests, the Diarcesia's greatest naval enclave is in the Pentapolis of Bhadravara. It is the capital of the Dieresis of the Baratheans, on the coast of the Aphrodisiac Lake. Many famous people in Diarcesia also came from the dieresis. It is a country whose people are very proud and happy with its identity, regionalism, and vernacular. Its foreign influence is obvious with its large population of over 14 million peoople.

It borders the Aphrodisiac Lake to the north and northwest and the diereses of Madapatra and Sholia to the south. The Baratheans dieresis is most known for their military prowess. Many armies of the Mundana Forces hail from this region, and they are significant contributors to the Monarchy Diarcesian's military power. That does not mean, however, that they are unimportant in other aspects.

Some of the Barathean legions are the following:

The Legion of the Crushing, led by strategess Alicia Sena.

The Horta Nells, led by Cassandra Cain.

Now the moment of truth for the Diarcesi, too! In the year A.D. 711, the People's War broke out in the Pronotus Peninsula. Thera-Thanatus's victory in the Assault of Barren Forests was a turning point in the war.

The Diarcesians of the time were divided into five groups:

1. The central group had cities with a weak central government and a budding aristocracy.
2. The peripheral group controlled the narrowest part of the peninsula, where it connects to the main portion of the continent. They were battle-hardened by raids from beyond, but these perennially distract them from turning their attention to the rest of the Diarcesians. As a token of gratitude, they were for the most part left alone.
3. The agrarians, who were mostly poor farmers and peasants whose families tended arable land for centuries. They lacked the numbers and might of the central group, and their only goal was to survive to the next year.
4. The nautes, mostly hailing from Eucaria. A minority among the Diarcesians, they are consummate sailors and traders. The sea was their calling, and they were the ones who most remember how their ancestors came to the land.
5. The Rhomaioi, Latin-speakers and a reminder of the Roman Empire. They keep to themselves in their Colonia Longinia Sartoriana and conveniently existed as a neutral party in the petty disputes among Diarcesians.

As the fighting raged, the people of the Pronotus Peninsula were being persecuted by the central group. Meanwhile, Eucaria was being invaded from the south by another archonate at the behest of Thera-Thanatus.

Now, it was the turn of Eucaria to strike back.

They were able to keep the naval supply lines open, but the imminent monsoon months would put an end to that.

At the beginning of his address, archon Nicomac (Nicomachus) made the most of this opportunity, talking about the need for unity among the Eucarians.

"We Eucarians are one of the great bulwarks of civilization," he said. "Us Diarcesians cannot be free if we don't address the errors of our wayward brethren.

Excerpt from Aldauren's Diary

WGP2.Event.21

Yakumicha, Hodori

The next event in the WGP2 is the Yakumicha IZAYOI GP2 Challenge.

The track is a tricky one to navigate. It is a ridiculously quick circuit and the elevation change is brutal.

It features a tight Sector Three. Nailing the braking point is crucial. For PB-Viska, the simulators are freely used for the drivers to get the hang of it. The hairpin entry and exit is quick and easy, but mastering the braking and power output is tough and requires precision.

I find it a great track and I am very, very happy with the way it is designed.

"I really do not know what to do," Simonne said, "I am certain you can find me a good spot where I am comfortable holding my tire gun. I will be returning to my quarters to collect my things after this. What do you think?"

"Sure, I can help, Simonne. Here, I've got my tire gun with me. Watch how I sit at the spot. The cord is laid down in a certain way. I make sure I am comfortable. There might be times where I have to change where I'm aiming at a moment's notice, like when the car's stopped a wee bit too early or late. You gotta anticipate it."

"Okay, like this? I do feel comfortable with my sitting position."

"Now, imagine that the car arrived at the slight angle. What will you do?"

"Uhh... like this?" she moves the gun dead straight.

"Nope. The wheel nut's gonna get machined the way it looks. The gun has to be perfectly perpendicular to the direction the car is facing."

Simonne turned the gun a few degrees to the right. "How about this?"

"Yes. Exactly. I guess I could get spooked and aim like this, but that's what practices are for."

"Well, I'm sure you're right. I could get myself screwed if I mucked it up."

"Screwed, ha."

"Stop making fun of me."

"No, that's a very good joke. Anyway, I'm supposed to get back to it, but I need a moment to review the notes our lead just made. I think I understand now why you were so anxious about what I would say. I'm sorry. I promise I'm not trying to sound rude or anything. I just can't believe you were that serious about quitting. You're not a bad mechanic, Simonne. While you're new, you learn quickly. I'm Fiona, by the way. I thought you might like to meet new faces."

"Oh! Of course! Fiona, I think I saw you before. I've been wanting to have a proper introduction with you for a while know. I thought you might have some sort of interesting story to tell us about how you came to the team. I've wanted to hear your thoughts on me being a newbie..."

"Hmm? No, I wasn't surprised that I would end up being a mechanic. Well, my pa expected me to be like him. I've always admired his way around cars. He knew them by heart and there's no problem that he couldn't fix."

[1028 words]

Lisander
Minister

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Returning faces

Postby Lisander » Thu May 27, 2021 5:40 pm

Yakumicha Circuit, Practice Day 1

Hodori brought back some very good memories for Athan Lille. He had previously driven at Formula Hodori, and even though the Yakumicha circuit was not one of those where he won, it was still a nostalgic place.

"If the race was at Soumakuin, with all those corners, or that maze that is Soeshu, it would be an advantage for me... I've done pole-positions at Dashoze and Tarogama as well..." - Lille chatted to the mechanics as they removed the freshly painted cars from the container.

"We know" "You have told this story a thousand times" "I remember, I was here " - the answers were all in a joke tone. The mood was relaxed, after all the wages had been paid, with a generous bonus coming from Grand Merina.

Lille didn't much like the idea of having to tutor Lianna Rasianoara. After all he wasn't the most experienced around there either, so perhaps he would end up talking more of the same, especially from what he had seen earlier of the girl, who glided fearlessly through the kerbs, as if the tracks were the keys of a piano she was playing. Besides, the young millionaire brought a new cheer to the team. At the moment, we are bound to suffer in the lower positions of the grid. This is natural, nobody starts from the top. So Marc has to bring rich people into the team. The more money that comes in now, the better for the future - he thought.

When everything was ready and the green lights on the paddock lighten up for the first time, he was the first to go to some laps there. It was good to be back in Hodori.

Hours earlier
A Hotel in Yakumicha

"Again, you simmed until dawn, Sissie? " - Darius Castellammare entered Anneliese Devereux room, just to find her sleeping without a blanket, with the lights on and the simulator still online, showing the result of one last lap:

meRacing - Formula Hodori, Round of Yakumicha - Private Testing
1 lady_seven .................................................................................................1:43.997

He knew that Sissie loved Sim Racing. She had spent her prize money from last WGPC season on a simulator valued at L$60,000, similar to the one TAS Alliance had, just without the racing bodywork and pneumatic pressure. In the room reserved for Sissie in the hotel where Lisanderian part of PrismRiver was staying, it was an even simpler version, but still provided a cool experience.

Still half-drowsy, she got up and went to turn off the lamp, immediately returning to bed.

I was excited yesterday. I took the Formula Hodori car to test the circuit. Of course, the simulator experiences are quite different, but when you talk about getting the racing line of the circuit... it's still a great idea.

Of course, of course. I wouldn't dare go against such an effusive defence of Sim Racing. - Despite also having a meRacing account and even winning a few races, dacas3 was not a super fan of the virtual sport. - So, it's seven in the morning. Just as you asked, I have come to call you. But I see you haven't even put on your pyjamas. So I'll say you'll take the morning off to sleep after an early night of image training.

Don't move a muscle for this purpose, boss. Training starts at ten o'clock so I still have time for another nap. At nine I'll be ready. - she really didn't want to miss a minute of track, and it was understandable. Yakumicha was the last round of the season with real chances for riders with refined technique. After the IZAYOI GP2 Challenge at Hodori, came the Nekoni Round at Circuit de la Boisse, with its two long straights prioritizing acceleration, and finally the "balanced" WGP2 Neverend Challenge at Liventia, where you couldn't bet on a result.

Okay, I'll come back in two hours. - Darius said and left the room. Sissie reached the AC controller with her hand and lowered the temperature by 2 degrees, before crawling below the blanket, muttering her mental notes to the circuit, trying to get another brief stint of sleep.

PREV | 690 (+560=1250) | NEXT
Last edited by Lisander on Sat May 29, 2021 9:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
The Principality of Lisander, a sports loving, very highly developed nation in Astyria.
Disappointing people and missing deadlines since 2013.

Vilita and Turori
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vilita and Turori » Fri May 28, 2021 1:02 am

New Look, More Podiums, Still no Wins

Nimban Deuxième Prix, Crossbay Circuit, Nimbus Bay, Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System :: Two races at the Crossbay Circuit for Vilaye EnergySport Grand Prix were completed with a perfect mixture of triumph and tribulations as the team greatly impressed their new sponsors from Nykipiflugpuu. After having struggled with consistency through the middle part of the World Grand Prix 2 schedule, the newly re-branded Vilaye EnergySport Grand Prix team set their sites on the Nimbus System and the opportunity to prove that their partnership with the Montage Formula Group was doing more harm than good for the team.

The teams performances early in the season had already attracted the attention of the Nykipish government who stepped forward to fill the gap left in the Vilaye EnergySport funding profile by the withdrawel of the Little Lamb Steel Company. In place of the Lamb would be the iconic Walrus of the Nykipiflugpuu Tourism and Sporting Board and the Walrus would go for a fast ride on its debut. Skiia Vialiv would qualify in the second to last row - 26th out of 28 drivers in the traditional qualifying session. It seemed that the long haul of the season had gotten the best of the rookie driver competing in her first World Grand Prix 2 season. That was, until race day.

The feature event at the Crossbay Circuit saw Vialiv overtake 25 cars en route to a runner-up finish. It was the first points scored by Vialiv since the Aboveland Feature - the third race weekend of the season. Since then, a string of bad luck including two retirements had seen Vialiv drop from the lead of the individual drivers championship back to fifth position having posted no finishes even within the inversion zone of the Top 14 in the Feature event. It was a marvelous run which earned Vialiv's #14 machine the nickname of the Whistling Walrus as the nelwy adorned walrus whistled past the competition. Unfortunately for Vialiv and the Vilaye EnergySport Grand Prix team there wasn't quite enough time to catch Janne Laukkanen out in front as Vialiv would have to settle for her third runner-up finish of the season.

Just as it seemed Vialiv was well positioned to climb back into the championship picture, however, it was a third retirement of the season and second in three races for the rookie who pounded her fist on the steering wheel as the whistling walrus slowed to a mere whimper. As Vialiv faltered, however, she passed the torch to her teammate Jama'obo Pegasii. It was apparent that with Vialiv out of the picture, the green light was on for Pegasii to climb the charts and score some points for the Vilaye Energy Sport team. It was the 10th race out of 14 that either Pegasii or Vialiv finished inside the points with neither having yet scored points in the same event as their teammate.

Sitting in 4th place overall in the Constructors standings, Vilaye EnergySport Grand Prix are the highest team in the overall standings that has yet to place both of its entries inside the points during at least one event thus far during the season. The team are also leading the entire World Grand Prix 2 circuit in Runner-up finishes having put a driver into the second finishing position in four different races but still having not crossed the line first. As the circuit heads to the Yakumicha Circuit in Hodori, Vilaye EnergySport Grand Prix are hoping that their choice of the Deyoze Tire will have an advantage at the tire suppliers home circuit while fans of the team and its drivers will descend on Hodori hoping that their driver(s) can not only keep both Vialiv and the team right in the thick of their championship battles, but can also help propel the upstart team its first victory in team history if they can get the setup right from the Practice session.

Schutzenphalia and West Ruhntuhnkuhnland
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Schutzenphalia and West Ruhntuhnkuhnland » Fri May 28, 2021 10:02 am

Social media news round-up from Schutzenphalia and West Ruhntuhnkuhnland.
    Twötter:

@LukasFichterSWR I want to apologize for my outrageous behaviour while staying in the hotel in Die Verknüpfunggemeindevonehemaligebürgervondienimbusanlage. (1/2)

@LukasFichterSWR It was never my intention to take the complimentary shampoo from the bathroom and I will compensating the proprietors in full. (2/2) #humble #learnandgrow

@HHAAHpineapples so Batu praises the car painted black and gets his best results and the team repaint it white Image someone at team NN really must have it in for him!

@Beobachter Breaking news on Lukas Fichter:
      Der Nordschutzenphalenglaubreiterfluchtschlamterkrötische Flümederthelweiderverlautzällegerwißmeinschlaftsörbschlimmelbeobachter.

Lukas Fichter, Schutzenphalian driver for Team Noortekoondis, formerly of Nykipiflugpuu, has been hit by a series of personal scandals, but vowed ahead of the sprint race in Die Verknüpfunggemeindevonehemaligebürgervondienimbusanlage to “plow on ahead regardless”. He accomplished that on lap 7, plowing head-on straight into the safety railings, saved from plunging into the Crossbay itself only through the intervention of Imagikinetic force fields. Emerging from the crumpled cockpit, an unsteady Fichter defiantly announced he would “keep on truckin’”, shortly before removing his helmet and “truckin’” his morning’s breakfast all over the hood of the smoking wreck of his car.

Fichter was assailed over the weekend by several personal setbacks. His ex-girlfriend Bianka Stricker, has published a tell-all memoir detailing “every wild orgy, every drugs-fuelled binge, every extravagant purchase” that Fichter has made. The book, consisting of entirely blank pages, is considered something of an avant-garde work of art, but has sold surprisingly well, perhaps linked by associated publicity to a sex tape leaked online, in which Fichter is depicted engaging in “perhaps the most boring sex act ever captured on film”, according Erotik Review editor Emilia Scherer. The video has become the first to ever receive a 0.0/5.0 rating on the video tube site hosting it.
      @realJessikaJünkindietrünk :lol: Good luck to #LukasFichter and #TeamEHW in the Famous Cetaceans of the Nimble Septic Tank Grand Prix! :lol:

@xX_laurin_Xx By the time I finished pronouncing Die Verknüpfunggemeindevonehemaligebürgervondienimbusanlage @lukasfichterSWR had crashed

@annikahundertwasser Good debut drive from Parveen. Alex complained gearbox was a little sluggish. Difficult to balance weight and power but our engineering team's on the job.

@annikahundertwasser Also, why are there so many people saying "¡Viva Santángel!" in my feed???
Last edited by Schutzenphalia and West Ruhntuhnkuhnland on Fri May 28, 2021 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Trans-Dniesters
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Trans-Dniesters » Fri May 28, 2021 10:29 am

“So, what do you think?” Vasily Semyonovich Gatutin asked. “Do you think that pearl could have come from the Scepter?”

“It’s hard to say just by looking at it with the naked eye, you know,” replied Yakov Vyacheslavovich Belyakov, one of the most renowned historical experts in Pridnestrovia, if not the most renowned. If there was anyone out there who could identify any single jewel or precious stone as being from a legendary artifact then it was him. Gatutin, upon the urging of Yakov Yurievsky, had gone to Belyakov upon retrieving the pearl found by the UrGa cleaners from the place where Harry Zoomtwat had parked his biplane. However, it had taken Gatutin some time to secure a meeting with Belyakov until he mentioned that the pearl could have come from the Scepter of Saint Bogdan, in which case he was immediately pushed to the front of the line so to speak, and now here he was inside Belyakov’s laboratory watching the man examine the pearl through a magnifying glass.

“However, having said that, there are a few ways in which I could determine if it could have come from the Scepter at a glance,” Belyakov continued even as he kept rotating the pearl underneath the magnifying glass. “The original Scepter, meaning the one that Saint Bogdan supposedly took to the Hatay during his first attempt at religious conversion in the area, was merely a globus cruciger on top of a gold-plated wooden rod with an iron cap at the bottom. When the Hatays captured Saint Bogdan during his third attempt at converting them and beat him to death with his own scepter, the leader of the clan who captured and killed the good saint, may he rest in peace, attached an eagle on top of the scepter because the eagle was the symbol of his clan, apparently. Beyond that though, the provenance gets a little… messy, shall we say.”

“What do you mean by that?” Gatutin asked.

“Let’s just say that the Scepter disappears from the historical record after the death of Saint Bogdan,” Belyakov replied. "At least, the object that everyones agrees to be the Scepter. A scepter appears in the hands of the Sultan of Hatay during the fifth invasion, but by that point the Hatays had already converted to Islam, and we all know what that religion thinks of representations of life. Also, nobody was able to get close enough to the Sultan to get a good look at the scepter."

"Would you say that the scepter that the Hatays handed over to us is the same scepter spotted during the fifth invasion?" Gatutin asked.

"It's hard to say for sure, simply because nobody was able to describe this second scepter to give us historians something to compare from," Belyakov said with a shake of his head. "The Hatays claim that the scepter that they gave us is the Scepter of Saint Bogdan, but we know that that's not true because we have drawings of what the Scepter looks like, and the one that we have at the Kremlin Museum looks nothing like it."

"How about this pearl though? Could it have fallen off of the real thing?"

"I would need more time to make an absolute statement about this piece, Vasily Semyonovich," Belyakov said. “However, this is what I have to say: the pearl is of the right size to fit in one of the eye sockets of the eagle that the Hatays attached on top of the Scepter. I also saw some gold flakes on the pearl in the right places where it would have been attached to the socket. Of course, I will need to run this through the spectrometer and run a battery of other tests to make a truly conclusive decision, but based on what I see before me right now, you are looking at a piece of the Scepter of Saint Bogdan.”

“Retirement!? You’re thinking about retirement already?” Marina Vladislavovna Smirnitskaya asked with more than a hint of disbelief once Taras Matviyenko had revealed to her what had been troubling him this past week.

“It’s the only option left for me now,” Taras said sadly. “I just can’t do it anymore. I don’t feel any more love for the sport now. I’m no longer looking forward to the next race weekend. I just want this season to be over already.”

“You’re not just saying that because Zoom… your teammate is beating you in the drivers’ championship though, right?” Smirnitskaya asked.

“I don’t know,” Taras muttered. “Yes! Maybe? I don’t know,” he said again. “Can I tell you something again, Marina?”

“Well, I mean, you’ve already told me about your plans for retirement,” Smirnitskaya shrugged. “Why not just go ahead with it anyway? Maybe this will actually help you, you know. Talking always clears up the air between two people.”

“Marina, I was looking forward to this season, you know,” Taras said as he took a seat. “I had high hopes that we would be able to build upon what we had taken from last season. I wasn’t expecting much. I certainly didn’t expect us to fight for the constructors’ championship this season anytime soon. But I was very much certainly hoping for an improvement. I didn’t really mind the switch to Preston engines. They’d proven themselves in WGPC, so why should I think differently about them now? Yes, the loss of rear downforce was not a good thing, but I was reasonably sure that I would be able to drive my way around that. As for Zoomtwat, well, we may not be able to see eye to eye on personal and ideological matters, but I can’t deny that he’s a good driver. He doesn’t get into those high scoring positions and fight for those podiums by being a shit driver. It’s the small things though, Marina. One small thing fails in this race, and then another thing doesn’t go as planned in another, and soon I’m just buried underneath a big steaming pile of mistakes and errors. And I just don’t think I can sit through any of this anymore.”

Taras took a sip of water before continuing. “I thought the trip back to Myrilsk during the mid-season break was going to help me rediscover my love for racing,” he said. “Instead, all it’s shown me is that it’s time for me to walk away.”

“Walk away? Taras, there’s only two races left to go!” Marina countered. “Are you really suggesting that you want to retire with two races to go?”

“No, of course not,” Taras retorted. “I signed a contract with this team to the end of the season, and I intend to see out that contract. But after that, I am done with racing. Time for the next generation to drive for UrGa. I’m an old fart taking up a seat in this series that could have gone to someone more deserving. It would be better for everyone if I left after the end of the season.”

“Does that mean that these will be the last two weeks that we’ll be working with you?” Marina asked.

“No, of course not,” Taras shook his head. “I’ll still be here with UrGa. I’m just done racing for this team. I’m still willing to be a test driver for the team, but as for competing for this team, I’m done. It’s over for me. No more racing for Taras Gavrilovich Matviyenko.”

(1240 words not including these)
The Democratic People's Republic of the United Socialist States of Pridnestrovia
Leader: President Field Marshal Stepan Stepanovich Stepanenko

Abanhfleft's post-Soviet dictatorship
Rushmore's a good place, да.

Siovanija and Teusland
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Siovanija and Teusland » Fri May 28, 2021 10:42 am

Boxenstopp

Siovanija & Teusland’s #1 Motorsport Magazine

The Interview: Gotthard Junker

Harald Renzen: Gotthard, thank you for accepting the interview with us, and for welcoming us into your home. How are you doing?

Gotthard Junker: I’m well.

HR: It must be an exciting time around here, there’s a buzz in the motorsport community in this country over your son - how are you feeling about it?

GJ: Well, if he wants to make it to the top he’s going to need to do a bit better than last weekend. Of course, he’s had a good season so far, but it’s races like that where you need points, and now he’s got jumped in the standings.

HR: I’ll just get to it, then - many have accused you of being very tough, perhaps too tough, on Heinz. How do you respond to that?

GJ: Of course I’m tough on him. Because I know what it’s like. You forget that I was a racer too, and when I came up, everyone talked about me, that I’d be a future national champion, that I could be ‘Teusland’s great hope’ at a time when it seemed that the balance was maybe shifting over towards Siovanija in Formula ST. You have to remember, a Teus driver hadn’t been NDC in 7 years when I was a rookie. And I didn’t have anyone in my life to keep me grounded, so I thought it would be easy. It wasn’t, and that’s how you end up with a career like mine. I won’t let that happen to Heinz.

HR: Is there a risk that that can go too far, though? Can you be too tough on Heinz?

GJ: We push each other, he knows that at the end of the day the reason why I do what I do is because I want him to win. Of course we’ve had disagreements, but it pushes him to be better.

HR: Some would say it’s the classic story of the father living through the son.

GJ: Ha. Trust me, I’m very much aware that Heinz has more talent than I ever did. Do I regret some things in my career? Absolutely. If I had put the effort in, I could’ve won a few races, been known for more than crashing. But those are my things to carry.

HR: Why don’t we talk a bit about your career? You had a blistering debut in Formula ST, driving your Fissler AG car from 13th to 7th at the opening round of the Rotmundering, just missing out on the points. Was that your greatest ever drive?

GJ: It was a good one, I’ll say that. My greatest ever… my last year with Fissler, that was the year I felt we finally had the car. And at the Stelburg street course… well, you know that track, even back then you couldn’t pass. But my qualifying lap there, that was the most comfortable I ever felt in the car. I think I qualified 5th maybe, ended up finishing 6th after a bad pitstop, but that was the best I ever felt in my career.

HR: You talked before about the distractions. You look back on your career - 8 years in Formula ST, all with Fissler, 3 pole positions and 7 podiums. If you could go back to day 1, what would you tell yourself?

GJ: Exactly what I’m telling Heinz now. You have to work everyday, you can’t be satisfied with anything - the successes just show you how hard you have to work the next day.

HR: Do you feel more comfortable in the role of manager, than you did as a driver?

GJ: Manager might be a bit much - when Heinz first came in, I went to every race to make sure I was there for what he needed, but this year with WGP2, it’s been important for him to go off on his own, too, and so I’ve been staying back more, we call, and he gets than independence. Contrary to what people think, I’m not in the garage 24/7.

HR: What have you made of the TMW team this season, I know there have been rumours of your conflicts with the upper management in the past. But how have you felt about this season?

GJ: They’ve given Heinz and Joy the car this year. That is clear. That car is capable of winning races. I hope they both know, you don’t get that every year in your career - so when you have it, you have to make sure you do something with it. I think they both have memorable moments - podium at your home race for both of them is special - but I know they’ll both be wanting wins, too.

HR: The team itself, though - how often do you talk with Jorn Feistel?

GJ: Jorn’s the team principal, he makes the calls. Do I always agree with what he does? No, and I tell him that. But at the end of the day, he’s behind the pitwall and I’m not, so there’s really no point in discussing it.

HR: You mentioned Joy Wingelaar as well, who has had a strong debut season in WGP2 as well. How have you felt she has been as a teammate for Heinz, and how do you feel about rumours that TMW would be looking to keep both drivers if they were to be offered a place in WGPC next season?

GJ: I think Joy has been very good, she’s earned some key points and podiums for the team. She has a great deal of potential. Her and Heinz, you can see it now, they really push each other - the quali gap has been very close between them the last while, and that’s what you want, to be pushed by your teammate every week. It makes for a good atmosphere in the team - well, as long as you can keep the rivalry on-track, which they’ve done a very good job with. I think it’s a good idea, both of them have big talent and you’re always the best when you can be in a stable team and have input in the car, they’ll give feedback from this season and the whole unit will grow together.

HR: When you think about your son’s career, what do you hope for him in the future?

GJ: Everyone wants podiums, wins, championships - so of course, all of that. But I hope that when he retires one day, he has no regrets looking back on it. I hope he gives it his all every day, because that is how you have a good career. And we’ve got a little bet, too - if he wins a race this season or if he makes it to WGPC, I’ll come out of retirement and run the Stelburgring 24 Hours with him, haha. Not sure how that will go, but he has to hold up his end first.

HR: Hahaha, that would be something to see for sure. Gotthard, thanks for joining us, best of luck to Heinz, and enjoy the races this weekend!

GJ: Thank you, I will.
The United Republics of Siovanija & Teusland
Capital: Borograd | Population: 74,245,000 | Demonyms: Siovanijan, Teus | Country Code: STL

World Cup of Hockey 40, 41 & 42 Champions ⋆ World Junior Hockey Championship 14 Champions

Auruna
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 09, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Auruna » Fri May 28, 2021 10:53 am

Nimban Deuxième Prix - Sprint Race
Crossbay Circuit

Starting 8th after yesterday's feature race wasn't so bad for Haru's race weekend. While he finished high, and was close to his teammate, it seemed that it was still too far off from where he was expected to finish. His efforts was greatly overshadowed by his teammate's win.

What to do... oh what do I do now.

It was a bad time to worry as they round the final corner and into the grid at the end of the formation lap. Haru's race engineer speaks to him over the radio. "We have a high chance for points here. Drive it your way." Those words kept repeating inside his head. Drive it your way. I know that! I 've doing it all the time...

If that's the case.

"Shall we put on a show? Let's give the team what they deserve."

As the lights went out, his start was perfect that day. He blitzed through the top pack and by the entry of the first corner, he was inside the top 5. Looks like the changes from before has been saved. He just needs to execute it properly and probably beyond expectations of him. It's time to show them what he can do.

The first few laps were relatively quiet, well there were some incidents like Athan Lille and Lukas Fichter's retirements in lap 4 and 7 respectively but the most notable one was with the two oranges incident between PB-Viska's Laura Haukanna and Scuderia Orange Cow's Sakiteno Kuyara at the 8th lap of the race as it caused a safety car. Brilliant, now the pack is close together again.

"Safety car, Haru. Let's conserve tyres during this period."

"Copy."

"Let's see, you think we can go longer with the current tyres?"

"Yep, feel free to call me in late."

"Got it."

For now, we need to wait.

Two laps later, the safety car period ends and at the restart, Haru decided to go more aggressive, as he usually does. A few overtakes followed, with the help of his knowledge of the track, he's now behind VSK's Rikikida. While her teammate was an easy pass, Rikikida proved to be challenge for Haru. Thinking fast, he trusts his tyre conservation. He eases a bit on the gap between the two, wanting to go longer than usual.

I know I had difficulties with the tyres... still, why not?

He waits.

Come on... focus and be patient.

VSK strategy occurred and Rikikida was pitted earlier than expected.

"Alright VSK pitted Rikikida, push now. Push."

"Copy."

Then he goes to work. Using up the remaining life from his tyres, going longer while still keeping up the pace. It's a high risk plan, he can only hope that it will actually go well. A few laps of pushing later, the tyres finally gave up on life with Haru just noticing it through turns 3 and 4. He quickly goes on the radio after almost spinning out.

"Need to box."

"Okay, box this lap, box box.

As Rikikida is slowly gaining on him, his pace went a bit wonky after the tyres lost all hope. He managed to keep them intact for as long as possible until he pitted.

"Expected to battle Rikikida on exit."

"I can manage. Let's do this."

Exiting the pits, Haru was slightly ahead of Rikikida and the battle for first commenced. It was similar to his battle with Haukanna at the feature race but this time, it's for the win. It's more difficult than he anticipated. On colder tyres, Rikikida was right next to him at some point. Time to emulate what Kinu was good at then. Wait no, why copy one's style? It's his own racecraft that matters now.

Drive your way, huh? I get it now.

The battle started to favor Haru as a mistake from Rikikida damaged her front wing and her tyres were at a dreadful state causing the lockup into Haru. It was a slight nudge but damage was minimal. Then after five laps of freedom, without any threat from behind, he was 14 seconds ahead and will eventually keep that gap until the end.

After 34 laps of chaos, the chequered flag is waved. He just couldn't believe it. He was ecstatic. Winning his first WGP2 race and in his team's home race. His celebrations were heard on the radio, a different Haru emerged from the pack. It was not the usual Haru that they know, he broke his own rules.

"Great work Haru, that's P1! P1!

"YES! YES! FINALLY! F--- [static]"

"Whoa, calm down there, the mic couldn't handle your celebrations."

"Haha, never felt so happy before. Ah... this is a special one. Great work to you guys as well."

"Did we unlock a new version of Haru?"

"Heh, confirmed!"

Now what is it with Aurun drivers and home races?

This is the comeback VSK was hoping for since their recent failures, and to Raiko, this is the start of something different. The P2 finish boosted morale greatly within the team and after enlisting the help of Viska and Schkeska with certain areas of their chassis, they are looking to end this season back in form. As they were expected to be.

They didn't forget their goal of beating Viska, but race after race showed that it only gets difficult as time goes on. They clearly aren't in the level of Viska in international motorsport. There's still something wrong within and its not another easy find like the aero issue. Then suddenly rumors of VSK is looking for a partner for WGP2 arose on the internet then into local news outlets. Some bold move they're going for but there were no other details aside from the main headline. There were controversy among the MNA community, some good some bad, it all balances itself out.

"Rai?"

"Yeah, I know. I know... I've read all of them. Unfortunate that it was leaked, it was all for the long-term plan if we are willing to stay in WGP2 or whatever. I know the government money isn't enough for everything from R&D to your pay. We're not Viska, and we know it. We can't just go for it alone and influence stuff ourselves. We will need some support."

"Agreed to that and I think a slight restructure should help out as well. We can't do things efficiently, as I noticed since the mid-season."

"We're not good at this are we?"

"Ehh.. probably by international standards."

"Still, keep some hope in just in case. We might need it for later."

"Time to focus on the next race then. Rai, you in with us?"

"I'll not rest even if I had to. I want to see VSK succeed."

"Well then, let's go!"
#RiseAuruna!
#NagrüvaAuruna!

Note: I don't primarily use NS stats
Auruna's attackers in wars, in a nutshell
Clarkson : "Richard Hammond...
how's the braking going?"
Hammond : Sliding down the slope
"That's going well... it's going well."

FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF AURUNA
Litävinnenazyonalla Auruna

#ConLangGang
"Logistics is a fun mess of confusion and ammunition." - Auruna, 2020

Aboveland
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 04, 2013

Postby Aboveland » Fri May 28, 2021 11:07 am

Crossbay Circuit
Nimbus Bay, Nexus Wardship

Janne’s Chase Cutter goes from buzz to whirr as the power of his launch pins him to his seat. In a cyan blur, he blitzes past the anachronistic Zoomtwat and instantly slots behind the sister car of Haru Jukkena, as the Aurunan catches up to the Hodoran polesitter to go side-by-side into the first corner. Hakusoe, hugging the inside line, holds their position; Haru, despite their superior grip, his Chase Cutter seemingly on rails, doesn’t manage to overpower the nervous, rotary-powered VSK. Hakusoe still edges ahead of Haru as they continue battling through turn two, but as they exit turn four it’s the Aurunan who rockets away from the tunnel ahead. Hakusoe’s less than optimal traction—and Janne’s superior grip—opens the door for him to pick off the VSK after a switch-back through turn twelve.

“Onwards, poika,” motions Antti, excitable as always but more serious and toned-down than usual—product of something of a coaching exercise with the Nexus staff. “Haru is somewhat ahead, but they’re on softer tyres. Maintain position.”

“Copy,” replies Janne, smiling. He keeps his foot down through turn fourteen, placing all of his trust in Imagination, and the car pulls through. So far, from the first turn of his wheel at the start of practice to the end of the first lap of the feature race, the car has behaved exactly as he wants it to. It seems it might be starting to become a trend; perhaps, his acclimatization woes with the eight-wheeled Chase Cutter had finally come to an end.

As lap two starts, it becomes clear that Haru might just be uncatchable on their current tyres. Janne had opted for a bolder strategy; racing on a home circuit meant the car would likely be well suited to the track anyway. Whereas Haru has gone for a two-stop, Janne has bet on stopping only once, and his medium first stint doesn’t seem to be quite quick enough to catch him on pace alone.

However, with the retirement of Scuderia Orange Cow’s Kuyara, and the subsequent safety car period, his strategy suddenly makes much more sense.

Haru still pulls ahead when the safety car goes back into the pits, but Janne holds his ground. He’s still able to build a gap to the rest of the field behind, and carefully assumes his role in the leading 1-2 pack of Chase Cutters. “Keep it clean,” reminds Antti every other lap. “We need to go long on these tyres.”

Thus, the race becomes almost processionary—not the first time that’s happened in races he’s won so far—but Janne’s driving is masterclass. He never misses an apex, or a braking point, or hammers the car violently into a corner, or starts hearing the tremble of his pulse thundering in his ears and twitching his eyes as the approaching sight of a battling car creeps into his mind. He’s absolutely serene and in tune with his Chase Cutter, as the eight wheels grip excellently to the track surface and the power comes on smoothly every time he depresses the throttle pedal.

His strategy, too, pays off, and in his final soft stint he further builds on the gap to incredibly second-placed Skiia Vialiv to round off his fourth career victory in dominant fashion. Before he starts to celebrate, he realizes that Batu Tüvshinbayar will also be joining him on the podium, and that perhaps the spotlight would be diverted from him to the fiction-like drives of his podium mates, but the lack of attention could never bug him.

“Antti!” Janne exclaims, crossing the line with a fist in the air. “We did it again!” He howls in excitement as his race engineer breaks into a fit of laughter—his preferred method of celebration. “Hyvä poika!” he bellows. “That’s two in a row! It’s a record for Aboveland, Janne!”

Antti’s excitement is abruptly cut off, and a calmer but equally emphatic feminine voice takes over. “Janne First-Blessed Laukkanen! That’s a beautiful drive, a superb victory and first place in the Drivers’ Championship! You go up to that podium and enjoy that pressé – we’ll see you there soon!”

“Aaaaaaaaaaaa!” squeals Janne. He’s tried, but failed, to switch into formal boss mode. “Thank you, Gertrude! Thanks to all of you! Aaaaaa!” He belly laughs, and as the realization sets in, chokes up a little. “We’re on the right track, no doubt about it!” He pauses to recollect his emotions and issues a parting message. “We win together, or not at all. Let’s put Nexus back on the top step!”

As he arrives at the paddock, he leaps into his team’s arms as they hoist him up towards the clear Nimban blue sky, chanting respectfully his name on high. He makes his way quickly into his drivers’ room to freshen up and heads back out onto the podium, running up the stairs to climb onto the top step.

He cocks his head back and pulls his hair away from his face as the Abovian anthem fills Nimbus Bay—for the first time, in honor of a winning driver.

Only half of the reality had donned on him during his in lap, but the rest of the facts come to him as he basks in the breeze. A fourth career victory means he’d become the first driver to score three wins in the season so far, but that’s only the start. For the first time since his maiden win, back at the ripe age of seventeen, he’s leading a championship; and better yet, his back to back wins, plus a victory in Crossbay, means he’s managed to achieve what Terho Talvela never had. Next weekend in Yakumicha, he has the chance to take a victory at the track which saw his... somewhat of an idol propelled into stardom.

He scoffs, too, as he remembers the conversation he had with Sami before the race. “Only if you win,” he’d teased. He wonders how serious his provocation had really been, and trembles with excitement.
Last edited by Aboveland on Fri May 28, 2021 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AUTONOMOUS TERRITORIES OF THE ABOVIAN UNION: Nykipiflugpuu

Home to Terho Talvela, three-time WGPC World Champion, and one-time WSRC World Champion

Hodori Motorsports
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 13, 2010

Postby Hodori Motorsports » Fri May 28, 2021 11:56 am

Earning a DNF in both Nimban races was bad enough. The sprint DNF earned anyone listening to her radio a string of colourful, child-unfriendly words in an array of languages.

To Sakiteno Kuyara, nicotine addict and drinker, the worst part of the Nimban race weekend was that her traditional means of relaxation were denied to her by national law. So she took the very first flight out of the country she could.

But at least now, taking the Super Express from the airport in Tarogama to her home outside Soeshu, her carcinogenic means of destressing was within reach. Literally; she was fondling the brand-new pack of cigarettes in her pocket, picking away at the plastic wrap while she was seated in a non-smoking car.
In the interest of “team bonding”, she had invited a number of SOC personnel to her beachfront home. She had also invited her new favourite drinking buddy Toudeyaku.
Much too large for the one person that occupied it, the home served as a hangout for the group of dumbasses, idiots, and jokesters that called Mizemicha Air Defence Base home during reunification.

Opening the door, she was greeted by someone rather loudly attempting karaoke. And doing rather well, considering the combination of English lyrics, historical lack of singing talent, and someone who did not speak English.
Haii weeiii tsuuu~ Zaa denzya zoon
Airu tekkyu raii~ in tsuu~ zaa denzya zoon~

“Oh that takes me back.”
January 28th, 2015. The first day of the reunification war. Four of the aircraft of Mad Mouse, approaching from the west the island the separatists had decided to call “Hosuni” to make a mess of their air defence systems. Mad Mouse 2, Kato “Snakebite” Temakaya, singing a foreign pop song badly over the radio. Mad Mouse 1, “Marathon”, joining in and doing a better job. Encryption/decryption and the resulting delay, with no efforts made by either to keep in sync, making the result unlistenable. Mad Mouse 4, Sako “Redhead” Seomicha, begging for it to stop.

Mad Mouse 3 came back from that mission with significant damage to the front landing gear, which was discovered when Kuyara had tried to land.
“Small group today.” Kuyara looked at the four occupants screwing around on a videogame console, pretending they were some badass music group. Snakebite on vocals, Suzuchiru and Redhead on guitar and bass, Yuuka on drums. In a far corner, a large whiteboard.
“Well, Marathon is guess where.” The raven-haired Redhead kept her attention fixed on the screen. “And the others were still hungover from yesterday so they went home.”
“Which event’s today?” Kuyara set her bags down. “I don’t keep up with the calendar.”
“I think it’s the Kizagama marathon.” Yuuka missed a combo.
“So Junker, how’d it go?” Redhead asked, carrying a tray of drinks. After a round of introductions, the adults had moved to the back patio. Yuuka had elected (been instructed) to remain inside and had commandeered the couch.
“Not great.” Kuyara lit a cigarette. “Not terrible, but not great.”
“Are you thawed out yet?” Snakebite asked.
“Wait what’s the backstory behind your nicknames?” Toudeyaku interjected.
Redhead pointed at Snakebite, failing to suppress a giggle. “Snake bit his dick.”
“Should not have asked.”
“It was my knee.”
“Yeah but that’s not as funny.”
“I needed anti-venom. It’s not funny at all.”
“You didn’t die, so yeah it is.”
Toudeyaku then looked at Redhead.
“I would like to eat. I don’t want to talk about it.”
“I think it was after bird strike number seven.” Kuyara stroked her chin, trying to remember. “You were following a bit too close behind me, and well…”
Redhead started to look ill.
“As for Marathon, guess what he likes to do.” Suzuchiru spoke up.
“He got lucky, the bastard.” Snakebite crossed his arms.
“So anyways, froze my tits off in Nakiefu–”
“You didn’t have any to begin with.” Suzuchiru talked over Toudeyaku providing the correct pronunciation.
“Yeah you’re flatter than my cutting boards at home.” Snakebite added.
“Dude, if your cutting boards are that warped you need new ones.”
“Quiet you. Anyways, got to play in the snow in Nipples-flinging-poo, crashed there but it was non-championship so it doesn’t count. Hated the cold, went to a few places where my piss didn’t freeze mid-air, things went basically not utterly shit until No-Fun-Allowed-Land, now I’m here.”
“No-Fun-Allowed-Land?” Redhead looked at Kuyara.
Toudeyaku’s response with the correct answer went unheeded by Kuyara. “Noxious Warshit or whatever the fuck. I know Toudeyaku I just don’t give a shit. Not allowed to smoke, nowhere to have a drink. Bastards that run the place basically banned having fun.”
“Sounds like a terrible place.” Snakebite inspected his bottle of beer.
“The worst.” Redhead agreed, downing the last of hers.
“So next round’s in Yakumicha. Figured out who you’re inviting?” Suzuchiru played with a pack of nicotine gum.
“Bringing everyone from Missile Magnet doesn’t seem practical from a logistics perspective.” Kuyara did some mental calculations. The four combat squadrons stationed at Mizemicha each consisted of eight aircraft, with a flight crew of two per plane. Minus herself and the crew of Mighty Mole 6, KIA when their plane was shot down, 61 people. Add one for Kuyara’s second EWO, some new guy who was so unremarkable and forgettable that everyone just called him “Kid”, that meant finding accomodation for sixty-two other people. “So I’m just going with Rapunzel and her two brats.”
“Little Kana is not a brat.” Snakebite and Redhead responded simultaneously.
“Fine. Rapunzel, her brat, and Kanako if she’s doing well enough to leave the hospital for a few days.”

“Chiruno, we expected better of you.”
“Yes, father.”
“If you continue to disappoint like you are currently, we will have to reconsider allowing you to do as you please.”
“Yes, mother.”
“That is all we have to discuss today. Chiruno, you may leave.”
Giving a small bow, Chiruno Hakusoe returned to her room.

The primary purpose of Chiruno’s return to the Hakusoe estate was to offload her collection of plushies, the accumulated mass past the point of flooding her motorhome with softness. While adding them to the pile that buried her bed – the four corner posts sticking out the only indication that there even was a bed under the mountain of stuffed dolls and animals – her parents had summoned her to their office on the other side of the mansion. All to say a combined four sentences to her.

“Chiruno, young miss, do you need anything?” Junsa asked as Chiruno dug into the plushie bed.
“No.” Chiruno answered, sinking further into the pile of fluff. “Junsa, you make take the rest of the day off.”
“Are you certain you do not require anything?”
“Yes.”
“Very well then.” Junsa turned on her heel and exited the room, removing the frilled headdress of her work uniform.
A few minutes later, she reentered, a skateboard under one arm and a helmet in hand, but otherwise still wearing her maid outfit. “I shall resume my duties tonight, young miss.”
“I told you to take the rest of the day off.” Chiruno stayed hidden under the plushies.
“Someone has to take care of you. Until then, I’m off to the skate park.”

Welcome to Yakumicha Circuit
Yakumicha Circuit, in red, with other operational facilities in blue and defunct circuits in grey

Yakumicha, Toudekan, Eshigoa, Hodori
Lap Length:
5257m
Circuit Width:
12.0m - 15.0m
Main Straight/Longest Straight:
750m
DRS zones:
Two
Number of Corners:
22 (10 left, 12 right)
Feature Race Length:
46 Laps (241.822km)
Sprint Race Length:
31 Laps (162.967km)
Start/Finish Line Elevation:
173 meters AMSL
Highest Point:
179 meters AMSL
Lowest Point:
112 meters AMSL
Seating Capacity:
Approximately 90,000 on-site
Main Pit Garage:
7m×22m×47 Pits (330 meter pit)

Nestled in a scenic valley in southern Eshigoa, Yakumicha Circuit consists of a 5.257km Grand Prix Circuit, which can be split into the 3.257km National Circuit and a 1.962km Junior Circuit. With its elevation range of 67 meters, this rollercoaster of a circuit will send drivers through 22 marked corners per lap.

Gravel pits line the National Circuit and the Junior Circuit’s 55R-25R-45R sequence, with the Junior Circuit otherwise lined with coarse asphalt runoff zones.

With the combination of a technical circuit and Hodori’s tropical heat and humidity, this WGP2 event will test the limits of a driver’s ability to maintain focus and combat the elements and other drivers.

A Lap of the Grand Prix Circuit
Starting from the grid, drivers will first climb six meters from the starting line and pit exit to the crest at the entry of First Corner, before dropping 52 meters through the downhill First, Esses, and WhiteRock Corners. Taking the Shameimaru Chicane, the track will descend another 3 meters to join the Junior Circuit at the exit of 50R.

Climbing over 16 meters from 85R to the peak at the middle of 90R, drivers will then drop 14 meters as they run down the Junior Back Straight to the chicane of 55R, 25R, and 45R. Racing down the Junior Grid Straight at a slight downward grade, the track starts to dive more sharply past the Junior Pit Exit into the Valley Corner, with its middle third – and the lowest point of the circuit – 6 meters below the corner entry.

Climbing out of Valley to 30R, drivers will take the hairpin to rejoin the National Circuit at Turn 17. From Turn 17, drivers will climb over 50 meters through the back stretch and the first DRS zone, the Hairpin, Prismriver, TIREIPALACE Chicane, and Final Corners. From Final Corner and the second DRS zone of the lap, drivers will have returned to the starting elevation as they pass pit entry.

Essentials
Language: Hodoran (統一群島語 ホウドリネ Hōdorine)
Currency: Kerai (K)
Exchange Rate: Approx. 35K = $1 NSD / Approx. $0.0286 NSD = 1K
Time Zone: AOTC +11
WGPC Session Start Time: 14:00 Hodoran Time (03:00 AOTC)
Support Session Start Time: 12:00 Hodoran Time (01:00 AOTC)
Yakumicha Annual Average Climate Data:
[tab]Annual Average High: 32.8°C
Annual Average Low: 24.2°C
Annual Mean Temperature: 28.5°C
Record High: 36.4°C
Record Low: 23.1°C
Annual Average Total Precipitation: 2483mm
Annual Average Relative Humidity: 80%[/tab]

Accessing the Circuit
ARRIVING IN HODORI
By air, one will arrive in Hodori through either Kizagama or Tarogama International Airports. By sea, the most likely points of entry will be Tarogama Port in northeast Hodori or the Yemigama or Ezagama Ports in Eshigoa. Once in Hodori, one can take the high-speed Super-Express to Yakumicha (Super-Express 46 from Yemigama) or Jechiru (Super-Express 36 from Tarogama via Kizagama), or by taking connecting flights from either Kizagama or Tarogama to Yakumicha Regional Airport.

PUBLIC TRANSIT
Yakumicha Circuit can be accessed by rail, with a dedicated station built along the Yakumicha-Jechiru section of National Rail Line 514. From Yegitou, one must first travel to Yakumicha or Jechiru by either rail or bus. Shuttle buses also run from Yakumicha to the circuit.

PERSONAL VEHICLE
Regardless of the starting point, the circuit is accessed through National Route 896, connecting Yakumicha and Jechiru, or National Route 890 linking Yakumicha with Yegitou and bypassing the twisting mountain roads of Historic Route 1093.

For those renting a car or importing their own, Hodori drives on the left with all domestic market and the majority of imported vehicles configured for right-hand drive. Left-hand drive imports are permitted, with some rental services having a small number of LHD cars in inventory.

Within urban areas and the winding mountain roads, the speed limit is 40km/h. Outside built-up areas and on most other roads, the speed limit tends to vary from 60km/h to 80km/h. On National Route expressways, the speed limit can be as high as 120km/h in areas.

Consumption of and Sponsorship by Alcohol and Tobacco Products
In Hodori, the legal age to purchase and consume alcoholic beverages or tobacco products is 20. There is an exemption for sporting events that traditionally involve alcohol as part of podium ceremonies, but only for competitors who have turned 19 before the start of the series. As the WGP2 series generally involves persons who are below the age of 20 and thus are legally considered to be minors, sparkling grape juice will be used.

Sporting events and teams may not bear the logos, wordmarks, or branding of companies that produce alcohol or tobacco products. Doing so shall result in the event being blocked from broadcasting on Hodoran television channels.

At Yakumicha Circuit, smoking is permitted only in designated areas.

Liventia
Negotiator

Postby Liventia » Fri May 28, 2021 3:52 pm

Apologies for losing track of timings again today. As a result, similar to last week, this race weekend is being pushed back by a day.

The driver change at Bitten Heroes is acknowledged.
Слава Україні!

Commonwealth of Baker Park
Minister

Founded: Jan 10, 2018

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Sat May 29, 2021 1:06 am

Sakite had seemingly reached her breaking point at Crossbay Circuit; a decent midfield qualifying place, with PC ahead of her, where she'd found a racing line that she liked. A slight wiggle under braking for turn 15 had let the rookie Kulkarni slip past at the end of lap one, but the debutante almost immediately opened the door for Saki to regain the position as they came through the approach to turn 2.

The Hodori driver was a blink of an eye late from pulling off the mid-apex adjustment, as the new EHF Motospiel pilot from Bollonich panicked after locking up the right front, then turned in late banging Kuyara's left rear, which sent the PRL 01-2 into a sideways slide across the kerbing, followed by Fireline's Astigar Armendaritze taking off the front wing assembly, leaving Saki stranded halfway across the entrance to the first tunnel.

The new girl recovered to finish, albeit 2 laps behind, while Armendiritze limped around back to the pits, but was eventually forced to retire on lap 10.
As unhappy as she was about being taken out in an honest racing error by a first timer, the fact that Pedro struggled to convert his grid spot into points made her mood very dark by the end of Saturday.
Her agitation was compounded by not having access to a cigarette; Helena had bought some nicotine gum before they'd left the Commonwealth to help get her charge over the rough spots, but she didn't really understand the deeper psychology and ritualism that smoking often represented to those who partook.

The brain-trust of the team wanted to get both drivers to concentrate on running the entire race distance for the Sprint, staying out of trouble, running hard but not taking risks unnecessarily.
By the end of race, no one was feeling good in the Scuderia garage.

Saki went out early again--through no fault of her own--after being collateral damage following the coming together of Fichter and Haukanna; she wasn't even in the same sector for their incident but suffered a lower front wishbone failure after being unable to avoid a piece from one of the cars on the track.

Mike Lambert himself went to try and calm down his disgruntled employee; he understood that there was not just frustration in the immediate moment, but also the pressure Saki was surely feeling ahead of the next race in her home country.
"Go home. Not back to Baker Park. Home. We will come to you with everything ready for you to get back in the car. Do you want Helena to come along?" She shook her head.

"At least she'll get you out of here and to the airport. You'll be OK, right?" She looked up and nodded.
Lambert gave her an encouraging pat on the shoulder. "Call me when you get there." He held out his hand and she grasped it in appreciation.

Last edited by Commonwealth of Baker Park on Sat May 29, 2021 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rugby World Cup 36 Champions/ AOCAF 62 & 66 Champions
2x Under-18 World Cup (SWC 5&9) Champions
DBC 53/74th U21 World Cup Champions
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Baptism of Fire 67 Runner-Up
AOCAF LVIII (co-hosts), LX Third Place
World Cup 85, AOCAF LXIII, Women's World Cup 15 Fourth Place
World Cup 90 Quarterfinals (Co-hosts)
World Cup 81/82/83/84(co-hosts)/86/87/88/94 Round of 16
World Cup 80/89/91/92/93 Group Stage
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
NSCF 5x Mineral Conference Champions (18/19/20/21/23)
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 30/31(host)/32/33/35/36/37 (host)/39 Quarterfinal
WLC 29 Playoff Round

Rugby 7's AORC 1&2 Champions
AO Twenty20 Runner-up

Liventia
Negotiator

Postby Liventia » Sat May 29, 2021 2:58 am

CUTOFF
for Practice and Qualifying at Yakumicha Circuit

Estimated cutoff times for this Sunday and Monday will be around the same time (10:00 UTC).
Слава Україні!

Liventia
Negotiator

Postby Liventia » Sat May 29, 2021 3:05 am

Event 21: Practice
Conditions:      	Dry
Predicted Optimal Time: 00:01:47.748
Session Length: 75 minutes
Nation: HDR
Circuit: Yakumicha Circuit

Drivers have 75 minutes to complete as many laps of the track as they like.
POS # ▍DRIVER                                          	FASTEST LAP	GAP TO LEADER
1 72 Charyseine Valkyria 00:01:56.833 00:00:00.000
2 11 Anola Melani 00:01:56.852 00:00:00.020
3 31 Joy Wingelaar 00:01:56.880 00:00:00.048
4 79 Lukas Fichter 00:01:56.881 00:00:00.048
5 21 Chiruno Hakusoe 00:01:56.905 00:00:00.072
6 7 Annelise Devereux 00:01:56.926 00:00:00.094
7 14 Skiia Vialiv 00:01:56.931 00:00:00.098
8 91 Taras Matviyenko 00:01:56.980 00:00:00.147
9 87 Jama'obo Pegasii 00:01:57.001 00:00:00.169
10 88 Ted Pressley 00:01:57.068 00:00:00.235
11 18 Haru Jukkenna 00:01:57.102 00:00:00.270
12 23 Sakinomi Rikikida 00:01:57.223 00:00:00.391
13 66 Harry Zoomtwat 00:01:57.316 00:00:00.483
14 15 Heinz-Otto Junker 00:01:57.418 00:00:00.586
15 35 Indra Vartak 00:01:57.456 00:00:00.623
16 9 Batu Tüvshinbayar 00:01:57.584 00:00:00.751
17 92 Alex Márquez 00:01:57.632 00:00:00.799
18 44 Rod Gozum 00:01:57.690 00:00:00.858
19 3 Sakiteno Kuyara 00:01:57.816 00:00:00.984
20 37 Laura Haukanna 00:01:57.819 00:00:00.986
21 17 Janne Laukkanen 00:01:57.843 00:00:01.011
22 4 Athan Lille 00:01:57.953 00:00:01.120
23 40 Adriana Kowalski Ela Lillian 00:01:58.065 00:00:01.233
24 13 Pedro Carballal 00:01:58.567 00:00:01.734
25 45 Parveen Kulkarni 00:01:58.754 00:00:01.922
26 63 Lianna Rasianoara 00:01:58.855 00:00:02.022
27 41 Edward Rousseau 00:01:59.083 00:00:02.250
28 0 Astigar Armendaritze 00:02:02.396 00:00:05.563

Event 21: Qualifying
Conditions:      	Cloudy
Predicted Optimal Time: 00:01:48.287
Qualifying Type: Traditional
Nation: HDR
Circuit: Yakumicha Circuit

POS # ▍DRIVER                                          	FASTEST LAP	GAP TO LEADER
1 91 Taras Matviyenko 00:01:50.722 00:00:00.000
2 3 Sakiteno Kuyara 00:01:50.778 00:00:00.056
3 21 Chiruno Hakusoe 00:01:50.788 00:00:00.066
4 14 Skiia Vialiv 00:01:50.812 00:00:00.090
5 15 Heinz-Otto Junker 00:01:50.875 00:00:00.153
6 88 Ted Pressley 00:01:50.892 00:00:00.170
7 17 Janne Laukkanen 00:01:50.951 00:00:00.229
8 7 Annelise Devereux 00:01:50.974 00:00:00.252
9 72 Charyseine Valkyria 00:01:50.981 00:00:00.259
10 35 Indra Vartak 00:01:50.997 00:00:00.274
11 9 Batu Tüvshinbayar 00:01:51.044 00:00:00.322
12 87 Jama'obo Pegasii 00:01:51.123 00:00:00.401
13 79 Lukas Fichter 00:01:51.129 00:00:00.407
14 11 Anola Melani 00:01:51.160 00:00:00.438
15 18 Haru Jukkenna 00:01:51.233 00:00:00.511
16 44 Rod Gozum 00:01:51.326 00:00:00.603
17 31 Joy Wingelaar 00:01:51.360 00:00:00.638
18 37 Laura Haukanna 00:01:51.544 00:00:00.821
19 66 Harry Zoomtwat 00:01:51.637 00:00:00.915
20 23 Sakinomi Rikikida 00:01:51.704 00:00:00.982
21 13 Pedro Carballal 00:01:51.716 00:00:00.994
22 63 Lianna Rasianoara 00:01:51.905 00:00:01.183
23 92 Alex Márquez 00:01:51.924 00:00:01.202
24 40 Adriana Kowalski Ela Lillian 00:01:52.421 00:00:01.699
25 4 Athan Lille 00:01:52.598 00:00:01.876
26 41 Edward Rousseau 00:01:53.422 00:00:02.700
27 45 Parveen Kulkarni 00:01:55.720 00:00:04.998
28 0 Astigar Armendaritze 00:01:56.160 00:00:05.438
Слава Україні!

Tumbra
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 29, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tumbra » Sat May 29, 2021 3:57 am

Hodori was one of those places in the world where it seemed that everything boiled down to racing. Sure, they were mostly focused on grand touring races, but they had two drivers on the grid and a whole team, too — which meant that they'd presumably have the advantage around the twisty, technical circuit. At just over 5.2km, too, it'd be one of the longer circuits on the calendar so far. But Ted had set his sights on the circuit, and instantly fell in love. Sure, perhaps the Kaylan car wasn't best suited for this track, but he was up for the challenge.

Going out for longer runs over the 75 minute session, in contrast to the short runs he'd done over more of the season. His times would naturally suffer as he went on harder tyres — but for the first time in a while, he was having genuine fun while racing. On the flight to Hodori, he'd caved in, and told Xander and Anola about what had happened in the Licentian Isles with him and his father. They'd been understanding, and surprised — after all, when Charlie turned up in the Kaylan garage for the tour, he'd been nothing but nice to everyone involved. Ted had asked for this not to colour their idea of his father — he just didn't know what had happened to him for his father to turn so suddenly.

And now with that off his chest, he'd been driving better than ever before. It did seem as if Artyom was correct. All he had to do now was stick it near the top of the grid, and not repeat whatever had happened in the Nexus Wardship.

Somehow, just somehow, he did. A near-perfect lap had landed him in sixth. By some miracle, three of the four championship contenders would be starting next to him, too — which made the race start all that more important to jostle for position.

Eleven points behind with six races to go, Ted might've lost the championship lead, but it wasn't gone yet. Here, where he'd taken to the track relatively easily, it'd be up to him to try and make up that gap.

THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF TUMBRA
Tumbra - a sprawling, modern federal democratic republic located in Esportiva. Strong economy, strong civil rights, strong freedoms.
Population: 121 million | TLA: TMB | Capital City: Straton | Largest City: Couno
Constitution | Domestic Database | Domestic Football | Domestic Motorsports | Wiki Article
President: Edward Merryweather (United) | Prime Minister: Bertram Andrews (Labour)
U-18 World Cup 13, 21 Champions/Di Bradini Cup 51, 57 Champions

Bollonich
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 20, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Bollonich » Sat May 29, 2021 4:31 am

Disappointments pile on for Parveen at the Yakumicha Circuit

Parveen had faced a huge disappointment in the feature race of the Crossbay Circuit where she squandered a 12th starting position, to come in at the 22nd position. She hence was also starting at the 22nd position for the Sprint Race of the Nimban Grand Prix where she made a slight recovery but not the best one coming in at 19th. Considering this was her first races, her performances were more than good for a first timer especially the qualifying drive at the Crossbay Circuit. However it would be integral for Parveen to follow up a good practice and qualifying result in the Yakumicha Circuit.
However to the disappointment of the Bollonischian racing fans, her performances were worse than average. She was positioned 25th on the practice run with a best time of 00:01:58.754 and a huge gap to the leader Charyseine Valkyria. However beating one over Practice lap results make no sense as she would need to focus on getting a good qualifying time. However beat herself up is exactly what she did as Alex came up and said after Qualifying that Parveen had been distraught over her role in Kuyara’s crash and not so good results. Which led her to performing even worse in the qualifying with a 27th position and a gap of nearly 5 seconds to Tara Matviyenko who shall be starting the Feature race at the Yakumicha Circuit at the pole position.

Meh

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports