NATION

PASSWORD

67 Palestinian and 7 Israeli Civilians Killed in Conflict

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Suriyanakhon
Senator
 
Posts: 4184
Founded: Apr 27, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Suriyanakhon » Thu May 20, 2021 9:21 am

The Reformed American Republic wrote:
Herzpunkt wrote:

Whatever that means

Since I had to bear a false accusation of fascism and you are to my right, it does not mean much.


Image
Resident Drowned Victorian Waif, Imāmiyya Shīʿa Muslim, Council Communist
“Takhallaqu bi‐akhlaq Allah.” (Create in yourselves the attributes of God)
La ilaha illallah Muhammadur Rasulullah Ali Wali Ul Allah

User avatar
Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 22269
Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Thu May 20, 2021 9:23 am

The Reformed American Republic wrote:That city should be split in half, and we should have a two state solution.


If Palestine/Jordan or another Arab coalition wins a war against Israel, then I'd be in favor of Jerusalem being divided or switching over to being ceded entirely from Israel. But because Israel won so thoroughly in 1967 and the situation hasn't changed, I view the Jewish claim on all of Jerusalem to be stronger.

I'd be willing to give all of Jerusalem over to Israel, provided Israel doesn't inferfere with any Islamic sites and allows the Arabs to visit. I'm not seeing a strong enough basis for Palestine to be granted territory in Jerusalem unless there are indeed places in Jerusalem's old city that aren't under any physical control by Israel whatsoever.
Last edited by Saiwania on Thu May 20, 2021 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

User avatar
NationStates Puppet
Envoy
 
Posts: 280
Founded: Apr 23, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby NationStates Puppet » Thu May 20, 2021 9:24 am

Saiwania wrote:
The Reformed American Republic wrote:That city should be split in half, and we should have a two state solution.


If Palestine/Jordan or another Arab coalition wins a war against Israel, then I'd be in favor of Jerusalem being divided or switching over to being ceded entirely from Israel. But because Israel won so thoroughly in 1967 and the situation hasn't changed, I view the Jewish claim on all of Jerusalem to be stronger.

I'd be willing to give all of Jerusalem over to Israel, provided Israel doesn't not inferfere with any Islamic sites and allows the Arabs to visit. I'm not seeing a strong enough basis for Palestine to be granted territory in Jerusalem unless there are indeed places in Jerusalem's old city that aren't under any physical control by Israel whatsoever.

Um... they are asking for half the city, and the half that is majority arab.
PUPPET OF ISLAMIC HOLY SITES

User avatar
Suriyanakhon
Senator
 
Posts: 4184
Founded: Apr 27, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Suriyanakhon » Thu May 20, 2021 9:26 am

Herzpunkt wrote:
Borderlands of Rojava wrote:
Not persecuting minorities is cuckholdry now apparently.


like Israel and palestine, everyone is a victim am I right?

crazy how it's always the muslim community who is a victim even though most of their history is conquest and colonization.


It's almost as though the Middle East and North Africa were colonized by Western empires for hundreds of years and the Muslim community of today isn't the caliphate.
Resident Drowned Victorian Waif, Imāmiyya Shīʿa Muslim, Council Communist
“Takhallaqu bi‐akhlaq Allah.” (Create in yourselves the attributes of God)
La ilaha illallah Muhammadur Rasulullah Ali Wali Ul Allah

User avatar
Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 22269
Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Thu May 20, 2021 9:27 am

NationStates Puppet wrote:Um... they are asking for half the city, and the half that is majority arab.


So why does Israel want the entire place to be their capital if it'd mean governing the Arab half as well? I'd think that Israel could embrace the opportunity to stay majority Jewish to a further extent.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

User avatar
Jutlop
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 163
Founded: Feb 19, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Jutlop » Thu May 20, 2021 9:27 am

Ifreann wrote:Barely relevant, but I just found out yesterday that Netanyahu is American. He's from Philadelphia.

I mean, it's kinda unsurprising,
Israel grants all jews from europe and north america around the world insta citizenship

User avatar
Jutlop
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 163
Founded: Feb 19, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Jutlop » Thu May 20, 2021 9:28 am

Saiwania wrote:
NationStates Puppet wrote:Um... they are asking for half the city, and the half that is majority arab.


So why does Israel want the entire place to be their capital if it'd mean governing the Arab half as well? I'd think that Israel could embrace the opportunity to stay majority Jewish to a further extent.

israel is trying to turn the other half into a jewish majority

User avatar
Nakena
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15010
Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Thu May 20, 2021 9:28 am

Violent Mike wrote:Copium, not opium.


The United States are the world leading producer of copium in various flavors.

User avatar
Islamic Holy Sites
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8312
Founded: Mar 20, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Holy Sites » Thu May 20, 2021 9:29 am

Saiwania wrote:
NationStates Puppet wrote:Um... they are asking for half the city, and the half that is majority arab.


So why does Israel want the entire place to be their capital if it'd mean governing the Arab half as well? I'd think that Israel could embrace the opportunity to stay majority Jewish to a further extent.

Are you implicating that it isn't majority arab?
#FreeNSGRojava!
FREEDOM, DEMOCRACY, ISLAM
FREE PALESTINE
STAND WITH THE UKRAINIAN PEOPLE
Call me Muqaddasia.
Proud member of the GCN. Host nation of SETZA. Founder/Co-founder of the (now defunct) IDSF Founder/Co-founder and first in command of the (now defunct) UCA. Founder of the (now defunct) ICRD.
BREAKING NEWS: Galapagos war 4 might be coming | “Aursi among best Muqaddasi allies,”, says government official | Muqaddasi weapon industry expanding WIP

User avatar
Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 22269
Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Thu May 20, 2021 9:32 am

Islamic Holy Sites wrote:Are you implicating that it isn't majority arab?


Its difficult to say for sure what it is in the most broad sense if Judaism, Christianity, and Islam all want to claim the city as theirs to some extent.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

User avatar
Islamic Holy Sites
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8312
Founded: Mar 20, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Holy Sites » Thu May 20, 2021 9:33 am

Saiwania wrote:
Islamic Holy Sites wrote:Are you implicating that it isn't majority arab?


Its difficult to say for sure what it is in the most broad sense if Judaism, Christianity, and Islam all want to claim the city as theirs to some extent.

But the Eastern half has an Arab majority.
#FreeNSGRojava!
FREEDOM, DEMOCRACY, ISLAM
FREE PALESTINE
STAND WITH THE UKRAINIAN PEOPLE
Call me Muqaddasia.
Proud member of the GCN. Host nation of SETZA. Founder/Co-founder of the (now defunct) IDSF Founder/Co-founder and first in command of the (now defunct) UCA. Founder of the (now defunct) ICRD.
BREAKING NEWS: Galapagos war 4 might be coming | “Aursi among best Muqaddasi allies,”, says government official | Muqaddasi weapon industry expanding WIP

User avatar
Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 22269
Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Thu May 20, 2021 9:57 am

Jutlop wrote:Israel is trying to turn the other half into a jewish majority


I've looked at the math and that effort is probably going to fail. If Eastern Jerusalem manages to stay primarily Arab beyond 2030 at latest, Israel should just agree to divide the city between them and Palestine.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

User avatar
Jutlop
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 163
Founded: Feb 19, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Jutlop » Thu May 20, 2021 10:00 am

Saiwania wrote:
Jutlop wrote:Israel is trying to turn the other half into a jewish majority


I've looked at the math and that effort is probably going to fail. If Eastern Jerusalem manages to stay primarily Arab beyond 2030 at latest, Israel should just agree to divide the city between them and Palestine.

not with the settlements
how do you think the conflict in shiek jarrah erupted

User avatar
Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 22269
Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Thu May 20, 2021 10:10 am

Jutlop wrote:not with the settlements, how do you think the conflict in shiek jarrah erupted


It is purely because residents there are now under Israel's jurisdiction or within their internationally recognized borders (occupied territory or not) on a de facto basis as a result of the 1967 war being lost by the Arab side. An Israeli court wanted to enforce some evictions which may well be considered valid, just as another claim at a different time would be considered more valid were it Jordan for example, that was the governing power in the area and say, a Jewish family was being evicted.

Yes, it sucks for the homeowner. But they have to either move or fight the court via the same process or legal means if possible.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

User avatar
Celritannia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 22859
Founded: Nov 10, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Celritannia » Thu May 20, 2021 10:13 am

Saiwania wrote:
Jutlop wrote:not with the settlements, how do you think the conflict in shiek jarrah erupted


It is purely because residents there are now under Israel's jurisdiction or within their internationally recognized borders (occupied territory or not) on a de facto basis as a result of the 1967 war being lost by the Arab side. An Israeli court wanted to enforce some evictions which may well be considered valid, just as another claim at a different time would be considered more valid were it Jordan for example, that was the governing power in the area and say, a Jewish family was being evicted.

Yes, it sucks for the homeowner. But they have to either move or fight the court via the same process or legal means if possible.


When the Allies won WW2, did they kick people out of their homes and replace them with their own citizens?

User avatar
The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 63185
Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Thu May 20, 2021 10:15 am

Celritannia wrote:
Saiwania wrote:
It is purely because residents there are now under Israel's jurisdiction or within their internationally recognized borders (occupied territory or not) on a de facto basis as a result of the 1967 war being lost by the Arab side. An Israeli court wanted to enforce some evictions which may well be considered valid, just as another claim at a different time would be considered more valid were it Jordan for example, that was the governing power in the area and say, a Jewish family was being evicted.

Yes, it sucks for the homeowner. But they have to either move or fight the court via the same process or legal means if possible.


When the Allies won WW2, did they kick people out of their homes and replace them with their own citizens?

...Actually yes that happened in Poland in ww2 where Germans were pushed out of their homes as the land now belonged to Poland and the USSR and they were replaced.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast ■■■ / Leftwing / Atheist / Re-arm Europe
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020



I like Miniature painting, Tanks, Horse Girl racing (apparently), Video games and most importantly Cheese.


User avatar
Celritannia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 22859
Founded: Nov 10, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Celritannia » Thu May 20, 2021 10:17 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
Celritannia wrote:
When the Allies won WW2, did they kick people out of their homes and replace them with their own citizens?

...Actually yes that happened in Poland in ww2 where Germans were pushed out of their homes as the land now belonged to Poland and the USSR and they were replaced.


Were those Germans who lived there after the Third Reich took over half of Poland? Or long before that?

User avatar
The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 63185
Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Thu May 20, 2021 10:19 am

Celritannia wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:...Actually yes that happened in Poland in ww2 where Germans were pushed out of their homes as the land now belonged to Poland and the USSR and they were replaced.


Were those Germans who lived there after the Third Reich took over half of Poland? Or long before that?

The areas in red saw large population transfers and evacuations during and after WW2, they belonged to Germany before the war but were annexed by Poland afterwards.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast ■■■ / Leftwing / Atheist / Re-arm Europe
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020



I like Miniature painting, Tanks, Horse Girl racing (apparently), Video games and most importantly Cheese.


User avatar
Washington Resistance Army
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 59215
Founded: Aug 08, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Washington Resistance Army » Thu May 20, 2021 10:21 am

Celritannia wrote:
The Huskar Social Union wrote:...Actually yes that happened in Poland in ww2 where Germans were pushed out of their homes as the land now belonged to Poland and the USSR and they were replaced.


Were those Germans who lived there after the Third Reich took over half of Poland? Or long before that?


Long before. It was an immense ethnic cleansing and is entirely impossible to defend morally.
National Communist, anti-imperialist, political junkie, defense analysis fanatic, polytheist
LeftValues results
https://classunity.org/

User avatar
Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 22269
Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Thu May 20, 2021 10:22 am

Celritannia wrote:When the Allies won WW2, did they kick people out of their homes and replace them with their own citizens?


To some extent I'd say. Former German territory east of the Oder river was ceded to Poland and the Soviet Union/Russia on top of what was lost to various countries from losing WWI, such as Alsace Lorraine going back to France. Plus there were a lot of population transfers or expulsions of Germans to Germany after WWII.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

User avatar
Celritannia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 22859
Founded: Nov 10, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Celritannia » Thu May 20, 2021 10:25 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
Celritannia wrote:
Were those Germans who lived there after the Third Reich took over half of Poland? Or long before that?

The areas in red saw large population transfers and evacuations during and after WW2, they belonged to Germany before the war but were annexed by Poland afterwards.

Washington Resistance Army wrote:
Celritannia wrote:
Were those Germans who lived there after the Third Reich took over half of Poland? Or long before that?


Long before. It was an immense ethnic cleansing and is entirely impossible to defend morally.


Yeah, but this was also assisted by another authoritarian power at the time.

I'm not sure anything like this was as brutal under the Western forces though, with France being a slight exception.

User avatar
Celritannia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 22859
Founded: Nov 10, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Celritannia » Thu May 20, 2021 10:27 am

Saiwania wrote:
Celritannia wrote:When the Allies won WW2, did they kick people out of their homes and replace them with their own citizens?


To some extent I'd say. Former German territory east of the Oder river was ceded to Poland and the Soviet Union/Russia on top of what was lost to various countries from losing WWI, such as Alsace Lorraine going back to France. Plus there were a lot of population transfers or expulsions of Germans to Germany after WWII.


Yeah, but I'm not really looking at this pre-WW2 since the concept of borders before WW2 were not really as defined.

User avatar
Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 22269
Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Thu May 20, 2021 10:39 am

Celritannia wrote:Yeah, but I'm not really looking at this pre-WW2 since the concept of borders before WW2 were not really as defined.


The concept of borders was perfectly defined before 20th century, although perhaps there didn't exist the passport systems or international treaties about travel and citizenship/residency in use today.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

User avatar
Celritannia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 22859
Founded: Nov 10, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Celritannia » Thu May 20, 2021 11:29 am

Saiwania wrote:
Celritannia wrote:Yeah, but I'm not really looking at this pre-WW2 since the concept of borders before WW2 were not really as defined.


The concept of borders was perfectly defined before 20th century, although perhaps there didn't exist the passport systems or international treaties about travel and citizenship/residency in use today.


Not really.

And this is why Israel has no justification for stealing land.

User avatar
The Reformed American Republic
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7643
Founded: May 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Thu May 20, 2021 12:39 pm

Suriyanakhon wrote:
The Reformed American Republic wrote:Since I had to bear a false accusation of fascism and you are to my right, it does not mean much.


Image

I'm flattered you actually think I'm a Nazi. :roll:
"It's called 'the American Dream' 'cause you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
Older posts do not reflect my positions.

Holocene Extinction

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Attestaltarragaby, Egunsentia, Eieryn, Elejamie, Ifreann, Innocala, Port Carverton, Valyxias, Vassenor, Yorsa II

Advertisement

Remove ads