NATION

PASSWORD

Cyberpunk: Cascadia (Open|OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Brettenwald
Senator

Founded: May 03, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Brettenwald » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:30 am

Post's up. I tried to make it as open-ended as possible, not knowing if you wanted us to make the first moves or if you were going to approach us..
BRETTENWALD
Factbook completion will occur when hell freezes over and this nation is basically what happens at 3 AM when I overdose on Godspeed You! Black Emperor and Game of Thrones. Trans rights or you're getting kneecapped.
Center-right largely-absolute monarchy populated by the majority-pagan descendants of a mix of Vikings, Iron Age German rednecks and the odd shipwreck survivor coming into its own on the world stage during the final stages of a 32-year watershed moment under the watchful eye of an emperor who was never supposed to be one. Strict MT, current year though lore posts are generally asynchronous. Brettain is a catchall demonym, flag waifu by Polish Prussian Commonwealth, NS stats not canon.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:13 am

Brettenwald wrote:Post's up. I tried to make it as open-ended as possible, not knowing if you wanted us to make the first moves or if you were going to approach us..

Either way works for me.

Just a heads up, don't want to come off as rude, but dialogue is supposed to be spirited by a paragraph. Good post otherwise.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Brettenwald
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Brettenwald » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:30 pm

Anowa wrote:
Brettenwald wrote:Post's up. I tried to make it as open-ended as possible, not knowing if you wanted us to make the first moves or if you were going to approach us..

Either way works for me.

Just a heads up, don't want to come off as rude, but dialogue is supposed to be spirited by a paragraph. Good post otherwise.

I'd slightly prefer if you made the first move, but I can edit my post and bring Petey inside if you want me to kick the action off. For the second point, sorry about that. I tend to go into wall-of-text mode when I'm excited for a thread.
BRETTENWALD
Factbook completion will occur when hell freezes over and this nation is basically what happens at 3 AM when I overdose on Godspeed You! Black Emperor and Game of Thrones. Trans rights or you're getting kneecapped.
Center-right largely-absolute monarchy populated by the majority-pagan descendants of a mix of Vikings, Iron Age German rednecks and the odd shipwreck survivor coming into its own on the world stage during the final stages of a 32-year watershed moment under the watchful eye of an emperor who was never supposed to be one. Strict MT, current year though lore posts are generally asynchronous. Brettain is a catchall demonym, flag waifu by Polish Prussian Commonwealth, NS stats not canon.

Sudbrazil
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Sudbrazil » Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:14 pm

Name: Tsuge Arakawa
    Aliases: None, he finds the concept rather strange.
    Appearance:

Goals: Excitement, comfort and rare guns… discreetly.
    Cyberware/Bioware:
      Full-body muscle & bone lace
      Toxin Binders
    Equipment:
      Mateba Sei Unica, chambered in .44 magnum, with 5-inch barrel, four speed loaders & 6 loose ‘utility’ rounds (often some flavor of AP)
      FN Browning Archos, with three magazines
      Sternmeyer M-95A4 rifle, with 4 magazines, sling, and a bag for concealed transport
      Agent computer phone
      EBM PCX portable computer
      Ballistic t-shirt, rated NIJ IIIA
      Binoculars
      Electronic shooter earplugs
      Ductape, lock-picking tools, multitool, paper, pen, pocket torch, refillable lighter, zip ties
    Job: Private investigator
    Backstory:
    In 1945 Captain Otoya Arakawa of the Imperial Japanese Army emigrated to South America following Japan’s crushing defeat at the hands of the United States, giving birth to a lineage of polite, serious minded men, who settled down into the local aristocracies. Far off from Japan, his family clung onto their culture as an anchor in unsure times. But at the turn of the millennium, when American expansionism turned its eyes to the tropical continent in the Central American wars, much of the family left the destruction towards their ancestral homeland. It was a radically different Japan to which they migrated, and the fossilized traditions held onto by the exiled branch of the Arakawas were seen as quaint or plainly antiquated. Even the language offered some trouble, but they nevertheless dug in their heels and settled down, becoming well known for being polite, serious and deeply nostalgic.
    A few generations later, in the year of 2050, Tsuge Arakawa was born near the Hokkaido countryside. He was a serious and polite man with a severe case of nostalgia which confused his friends and family when, despite a rather normal childhood and a well-paying job in the Japanese police, the young man decided to emigrate and set his eyes overseas. In Cascadia he found risky employment as a private investigator. But why leave Japan for a decaying empire? Why leave the placid country for what he considered a bleak, artificial, city life? That he will not tell, or at least he will give a different answer whenever asked. Nevertheless, he seems to be enjoying his time in the city, rain and crime included.
    DO NOT REMOVE: 2183
Last edited by Sudbrazil on Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:40 pm

Sudbrazil wrote:
    Name: Tsuge Arakawa
    Aliases: None, he finds the concept rather strange.
    Appearance:
    Goals: Excitement, comfort and rare guns… discreetly.
    Cyberware/Bioware:
      Full-body muscle & bone lace
      Toxin Binders
    Equipment:
      Mateba Sei Unica, chambered in .44 magnum, with 5-inch barrel, four speed loaders & 6 loose ‘utility’ rounds (often some flavor of AP)
      FN Browning Archos, with three magazines
      Sternmeyer M-95A4 rifle, with 4 magazines, sling, and a bag for concealed transport
      Agent computer phone
      EBM PCX portable computer
      Ballistic t-shirt, rated NIJ IIIA
      Binoculars
      Electronic shooter earplugs
      Ductape, lock-picking tools, multitool, paper, pen, pocket torch, refillable lighter, zip ties
    Job: Private investigator
    Backstory:
    In 1945 Captain Otoya Arakawa of the Imperial Japanese Army emigrated to South America following Japan’s crushing defeat at the hands of the United States, giving birth to a lineage of polite, serious minded men, who settled down into the local aristocracies. Far off from Japan, his family clung onto their culture as an anchor in unsure times. But at the turn of the millennium, when American expansionism turned its eyes to the tropical continent in the Central American wars, much of the family left the destruction towards their ancestral homeland. It was a radically different Japan to which they migrated, and the fossilized traditions held onto by the exiled branch of the Arakawas were seen as quaint or plainly antiquated. Even the language offered some trouble, but they nevertheless dug in their heels and settled down, becoming well known for being polite, serious and deeply nostalgic.
    A few generations later, in the year of 2050, Tsuge Arakawa was born near the Hokkaido countryside. He was a serious and polite man with a severe case of nostalgia which confused his friends and family when, despite a rather normal childhood and a well-paying job in the Japanese police, the young man decided to emigrate and set his eyes overseas. In Cascadia he found risky employment as a private investigator. But why leave Japan for a decaying empire? Why leave the placid country for what he considered a bleak, artificial, city life? That he will not tell, or at least he will give a different answer whenever asked. Nevertheless, he seems to be enjoying his time in the city, rain and crime included.
    DO NOT REMOVE: 2183

Accepted.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Sudbrazil
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Sudbrazil » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:14 pm

I am rather unsure of how to start, might take some time to post.

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:45 pm

Sudbrazil wrote:I am rather unsure of how to start, might take some time to post.

I believe the best way is to have your character show up to the "Velvet Staircase" club
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

Mandicoria
Senator

Founded: Sep 10, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Mandicoria » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:23 pm

Gonna be getting a post up sometime either tomorrow night or tuesday. Work's been a pain as of recent. ;-;
silly little creature, she/they
apologies if im like, really aloof. this site has an affect on me.
What if Humanity was as Important as it thought it was... But it turned out to not be a very good thing.
also i rip off warhammer, DOOM, and halo unapologetically
Highly suggest listening to this when reading anything I post about this nation.
A [1.18] civilization, according to this index.

Daves Computer
Envoy

Founded: May 06, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Daves Computer » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:40 pm

This sounds really cool! I'd love to be a part of it! Before I make an app, should our character have some ties or investment into locating IEC's lost shipment? Or should our characters be designed a certain way so that our paths can intersect with other characters?

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:55 pm

Daves Computer wrote:This sounds really cool! I'd love to be a part of it! Before I make an app, should our character have some ties or investment into locating IEC's lost shipment? Or should our characters be designed a certain way so that our paths can intersect with other characters?

Intersecting paths works best. As it stands, I can either find a way to have your characters on the path to finding IEC's case, or you can start with your own knowledge of it being missing and trying to track it down.

For the latter, either buying the info from a broker or knowing/being someone who managed to find the info on their own would work.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:57 pm

Sudbrazil wrote:I am rather unsure of how to start, might take some time to post.

Do whatever it is you want your character to do, I'll find a way to get them involved.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Daves Computer
Envoy

Founded: May 06, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Daves Computer » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:05 pm

Anowa wrote:
Daves Computer wrote:This sounds really cool! I'd love to be a part of it! Before I make an app, should our character have some ties or investment into locating IEC's lost shipment? Or should our characters be designed a certain way so that our paths can intersect with other characters?

Intersecting paths works best. As it stands, I can either find a way to have your characters on the path to finding IEC's case, or you can start with your own knowledge of it being missing and trying to track it down.

For the latter, either buying the info from a broker or knowing/being someone who managed to find the info on their own would work.

Sounds good! I'm stuck between a delinquent turned gang member and a sleezy cop or corpo with monetary interests in seeking out the shipment. Might even go disgruntled ex corpo kicked out by the IEC seeking out the shipment out of spite. But I'm not yet hooked on a concept. I'll probably review the IC and see what might suit the setting and current direction of the rp.

Brettenwald
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Brettenwald » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:23 am

Homegirl, what in God's name have I gotten you into?
BRETTENWALD

Brettenwald
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Brettenwald » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:25 pm

Hey, before I post, how easy do you intend to make this job for Petra? Just so I know what kind of hook I need to end ye olde post with for you to pick up on.
BRETTENWALD

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:43 pm

Brettenwald wrote:Hey, before I post, how easy do you intend to make this job for Petra? Just so I know what kind of hook I need to end ye olde post with for you to pick up on.

Pretty easy to begin with. Difficulty depends on what your personal definition of 'difficult' is.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Brettenwald
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Brettenwald » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:28 pm

Anowa wrote:
Brettenwald wrote:Hey, before I post, how easy do you intend to make this job for Petra? Just so I know what kind of hook I need to end ye olde post with for you to pick up on.

Pretty easy to begin with. Difficulty depends on what your personal definition of 'difficult' is.

I was just wondering whether you were going to have the "of course I wasn't going to make twenty large this easily" moment during the pickup or near the end of this job, that's all.
BRETTENWALD

Illegal Galaxies
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 21, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Illegal Galaxies » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:42 pm

This looks great. Ill start working on a character.
Ron Paul 2012

”What I like to start off with is a little bit of gunpowder”

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:57 am

Brettenwald wrote:
Anowa wrote:Pretty easy to begin with. Difficulty depends on what your personal definition of 'difficult' is.

I was just wondering whether you were going to have the "of course I wasn't going to make twenty large this easily" moment during the pickup or near the end of this job, that's all.

Ah
Well in that case, it's gonna get pretty hard towards the end.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Brettenwald
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Brettenwald » Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:23 am

Anowa wrote:
Brettenwald wrote:I was just wondering whether you were going to have the "of course I wasn't going to make twenty large this easily" moment during the pickup or near the end of this job, that's all.

Ah

Roger that, will post accordingly.
BRETTENWALD

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:22 am

Oh yes. Time to work on a post.
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?
In Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
The only shadow that the Desert knows:—
"I am great OZYMANDIAS," saith the stone,
"The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
"The wonders of my hand." The City's gone,
Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
The site of this forgotten Babylon.

We wonder, and some Hunter may express
Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness
Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace,
He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess
What powerful but unrecorded race
Once dwelt in that annihilated place.
The Nuclear Fist wrote:Transoxthraxia confirmed for shit taste

Brettenwald
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Brettenwald » Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:23 pm

Brettenwald wrote:
Anowa wrote:Ah

Roger that, will post accordingly.

It's up. Hope it's good enough, lemme know if I need to edit it for any reason.
BRETTENWALD

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:54 am

Brettenwald wrote:
Brettenwald wrote:Roger that, will post accordingly.

It's up. Hope it's good enough, lemme know if I need to edit it for any reason.

Just that Delamain is a Night City exclusive service.

Gonna have to hail a yellow hued variety.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Brettenwald
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Brettenwald » Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:06 am

Anowa wrote:
Brettenwald wrote:It's up. Hope it's good enough, lemme know if I need to edit it for any reason.

Just that Delamain is a Night City exclusive service.

Fixed. Also, how would I go about getting Petey a Burya or something similar? I think she's gonna need more firepower soon.
Last edited by Brettenwald on Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
BRETTENWALD

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:07 am

Brettenwald wrote:
Anowa wrote:Just that Delamain is a Night City exclusive service.

Fixed. Also, how would I go about getting Petey a Burya or something similar? I think she's gonna need more firepower soon.

The same individual that Tristan is currently delivering a package to.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Brettenwald
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Brettenwald » Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:21 am

Anowa wrote:
Brettenwald wrote:Fixed. Also, how would I go about getting Petey a Burya or something similar? I think she's gonna need more firepower soon.

The same individual that Tristan is currently delivering a package to.

Noted, thanks.
BRETTENWALD

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse