NATION

PASSWORD

Entropic Sunrise - [OOC, Signup, Discussion, FT/FanT, War]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Founded: May 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:58 am

So OP can I join, now that I've dropped my tech level to something more acceptable?
Former Foreign Minister of the Federation of Allies.
Formerly [REDACTED] and [REDACTED], 8000 combined what the heck.

egg

CBG-Palisade
Attaché

Founded: Jan 29, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby CBG-Palisade » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:09 pm

The Disorder wrote:
CBG-Palisade wrote:oh boy, can't wait to start losing apcs to that

Before that, the Valks will have the pleasure of fighting alongside those mechs. A Xutera firing its guns can typically do damage equivelent to a half-dozen A-10's, firing simultaneously on the same target. Although on the battlefield, their actual performance can vary a lot. Near point-blank range, they're much more destructive than that. At longer ranges, they're substantially weaker.

...Of course, once they see how ruthless Xutera pilots can be, they might have strongly mixed feelings.

We'll see about that.

The "plan," if it can be called that, currently involves "aa those are some scary missiles, we should probably haul ass out of their way while they're still incredibly far away," and bum-rushing the landers planetside is probably not going to bode well for the possibility of combined ops immediately getting underway.

Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:So OP can I join, now that I've dropped my tech level to something more acceptable?

*laughs in lowest tech in the rp*
 ◑ THE CONFEDERACY IS DEAD - LONG LIVE THE CONFEDERACY ◐ 

Say to me no more Apollo...SoonLine Go UpNeed to finish this
A region of space in a firm schizotech PMT/FT setting wracked by civil war and strife as the remnants of a bureaucratic hyperstate attempt to assert ideological dominance over an attempt at (authoritarian) democracy.

vibin

Current Flag: An aesthetic experiment highlighting the contrast in the symbols of the ⟡ Free League ⟡ and the ❖ Interim Government ❖.

vaspelia wrote: this nation is wip and raw as fuck, please don't look at it yet
【palisadewave】

The Disorder
Envoy

Founded: Nov 17, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Disorder » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:43 am

Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:So OP can I join, now that I've dropped my tech level to something more acceptable?

Absolutely, go for it! I will add you to the list of nations authorized to post.

Post an ORBAT for us as well, if Guuj Xaat Kil will be engaging in combat with the Disorder? I don't imagine that Disorder ships will show up within Guuj Xat Kil territory, but if they are a galactic neighbor of Unthidor, they're likely to notice that the Disorder exists. Those bursts of hyperspace radiation, especially the big ones generated by long-distance jumps, are conceivably detectable across (reasonable) interstellar distances.
A secular destruction-cult, a rogue nation of space nomads, militarized mad scientists & anarchists.

NS Stats for The Disorder are not IC. These are.
A 4.333 civilization, according to this index.

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:13 am

The Disorder wrote:

Absolutely, go for it! I will add you to the list of nations authorized to post.

Post an ORBAT for us as well, if Guuj Xaat Kil will be engaging in combat with the Disorder? I don't imagine that Disorder ships will show up within Guuj Xat Kil territory, but if they are a galactic neighbor of Unthidor, they're likely to notice that the Disorder exists. Those bursts of hyperspace radiation, especially the big ones generated by long-distance jumps, are conceivably detectable across (reasonable) interstellar distances.

I'll try but I'm not sure if I can make sense of a disorganized and decentralized mess that is the Confederation military into an ORBAT form, but I will attempt to be reasonable. And yeah the Confederation will be in combat for sure, well, small fleets of independents anyway.

Also we're called just the Confederation in FT times.

egg

CBG-Palisade
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby CBG-Palisade » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:54 am

four Compactor-class transports attempted to quietly slip into low orbit around the far side of the colony world

the far side of the colony world

this far side of the colony world wouldn't happen to be the far side from the disorder ships, would it?
because if it is, we're on the far side ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

i'm just joking, i don't intend to go after your ships
might have the lawrence try and cut a few mechs down with lasers before it breaks los with them, though
that's about where we're positioned, if i'm reading the situation correctly

A region of space in a firm schizotech PMT/FT setting wracked by civil war and strife as the remnants of a bureaucratic hyperstate attempt to assert ideological dominance over an attempt at (authoritarian) democracy.

vibin

Current Flag: An aesthetic experiment highlighting the contrast in the symbols of the ⟡ Free League ⟡ and the ❖ Interim Government ❖.

【palisadewave】

Unthidor
Attaché

Founded: Nov 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Unthidor » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:30 am

i did mean the far side, as in opposite from the main city/space station. Is that ok, or did I miss something?

Also, I only need at least one of the transports to survive.

CBG-Palisade
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby CBG-Palisade » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:41 am

oh no, that makes more sense. yeah, your lads and my lads are pretty well removed, then; though i do think that that puts them beneath the disorder ships but i might be a little screwy in my perception of where things are.
...we probably need a map.

it's fine by me, i was just a little confused, is all.

vibin

【palisadewave】

The Disorder
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Disorder » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:04 am

Does this help?

I can only say for certain where the bright green triangles are at. I only guessed at everybody else's ship positions on the map (and there are probably missing units too, because I'm not sure where everybody's spaceships are at). Feel free to edit & repost the map!
Last edited by The Disorder on Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
A secular destruction-cult, a rogue nation of space nomads, militarized mad scientists & anarchists.

Unthidor
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Unthidor » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:06 am

The Disorder, nice job and thank you! I made a few tweaks, just for clarification purposes. Everyone, feel free to update as you need to.

The two single ships in the top-right are my two dreadnoughts. Two groups to the left and below them are my cruisers. Finally, carriers and transports are behind the planet (transports are in an extreme low orbit for launching ground units, but close enough to carriers that I left them as one group on the map).

Also, adjusted the comsat marker and the Valkyrie that destroyed it (hope that's ok)

Thanks again The Disorder! I'll have to get with you for help making a full map of my capital world prior to that battle!

CBG-Palisade
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby CBG-Palisade » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:56 am

Yep, that looks right to me. I will point out two things, though; the Lawrence is as of my post that's in the works sort-of starting to orbit around Everfree and will break LOS with the rest of the fleet as it's carried around the planet's horizon; since they expected to only be engaged much later the Valkyries loosened up their formation a bit more than was smart. And the landers are technically in a separate formation compared to the orbiting fleet, though as of right now they're close enough to the others and won't be separating until they're much closer to the planet, which shouldn't be happening for a few more minutes when they get close enough to Everfree to have to begin prep for landing.

Post should be done soon, too.
Last edited by CBG-Palisade on Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:58 am, edited 3 times in total.

vibin

【palisadewave】

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:41 am

Unthidor wrote:(Image)

As for where we would be on this map as of my post, it would be on the far bottom left, not even on the map. We’re approaching at least.

egg

CBG-Palisade
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby CBG-Palisade » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:56 am

Last edited by CBG-Palisade on Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:28 am, edited 3 times in total.

vibin

【palisadewave】

Unthidor
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Unthidor » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:42 pm

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

(lol, couldn't help myself!)

CBG-Palisade
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby CBG-Palisade » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:51 pm

Unthidor wrote:

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

(lol, couldn't help myself!)

glorious.

Anyways, post should be up by tonight, hopefully. I've one section left to write and I've got it pretty well thought out too.

(One Week Later...)
Last edited by CBG-Palisade on Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

vibin

【palisadewave】

The Disorder
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Disorder » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:00 am

I made a post, mostly intended for the Confederation. If they came all this way to study wreckage and secrets, they're going to find stuff more bizarre and more alien than a mummified pharaoh's satellite phone!

CBG-Palisade
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby CBG-Palisade » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:42 am

eep, sorry for the delay.
post should be up by tonight at the latest.

edit: ooooor tomorrow night, sorry...
Last edited by CBG-Palisade on Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vibin

【palisadewave】

CBG-Palisade
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby CBG-Palisade » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:54 pm

Post's up. Things do be getting spicy doe. And by spicy, I mean, "irradiated."

Here's my very crappy addition to the map:

Lawrence is dot coasting around the planet. The other formation hasn't really moved all that much since they're a bit too close for me to show their movement, but they're closing towards essentially the same position the Lawrence is, but from the opposite direction.

Btw, Unthidor, feel free to go for minimal casualties among the mechs and the Compactors, if you'd like. It was just an attack of opportunity and wasn't really meant to cause all that much damage in the long run. Some Compactors might be damaged and the very last mechs out of the bay shot down at most.

vibin

【palisadewave】

Unthidor
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Unthidor » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:09 pm

awesome! I think I balanced the attack out. Oh, and here's data for Flight Sergeant Nic Bolas's upgraded Model 2 Heavy Armored Mech:

https://imgur.com/YJ7iwJq
https://imgur.com/9OWS3X0
https://imgur.com/trSTE74

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:30 pm

Wait if I'm reading this right, I fried Valkyrie ships with a ssnsor pulse?

egg

CBG-Palisade
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby CBG-Palisade » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:39 pm

Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:Wait if I'm reading this right, I fried Valkyrie ships with a ssnsor pulse?

Qhevak's much larger particle gun did that.
The only Valk ship in view of you guys is the Lawrence atm.

vibin

【palisadewave】

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:19 pm

CBG-Palisade wrote:
Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:Wait if I'm reading this right, I fried Valkyrie ships with a ssnsor pulse?

In that case, carry on then lads.

egg

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:45 am

CBG-Palisade wrote:

And now we begin the talks, first contact time haehoohaehoo.

egg

CBG-Palisade
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby CBG-Palisade » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:25 am

Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:
CBG-Palisade wrote:Qhevak's much larger particle gun did that.

And now we begin the talks, first contact time haehoohaehoo.

"yo, new universe, who dis?"

vibin

【palisadewave】

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:55 am

CBG-Palisade wrote:
Guuj Xaat Kil wrote:And now we begin the talks, first contact time haehoohaehoo.

"yo, new universe, who dis?"

We're technically neighbors to Unthidor in terms of stellar distances, but we might as well be people from a new universe to you so that also works!

egg

Qhevak
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 22, 2019
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Qhevak » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:10 pm

Aight, was waiting for CBG to describe his forces response before posting. I'll try and get mine up by the end of Sunday.
The Oortian Community of Qhevak
Distributed association of posthuman Oort cloud space habitats in deep Scutum Centaurus - basically all of these ideologies living together. A Power 5 civilization according to this index. Does not use NS stats. Wiki here.
Aerospace Engineering grad student, currently doing work on smallsat and sounding rocket projects.
Previously Gogol Transcendancy, Ibis Galaxy Alliance.
N&I RP in a shellnut

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents