NATION

PASSWORD

Armenia-Azerbaijan Conflict: The Great Betrayal

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Albionist Great Britain
Envoy

Founded: Sep 13, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Albionist Great Britain » Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:17 am

Tekke wrote:
Albionist Great Britain wrote:The Armenians need to continue their fight until every last Azeri out for their blood is driven from Artsakh.

:eyebrow:

Would it have been wrong for the partisans to defend their homes and drive away the Nazis? This is no different. I don’t have problems with Azeris that can see through the lies told by Baku, but those that buy into it are a threat to innocent Armenians and their homeland.

Rio Cana
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 21, 2005
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Rio Cana » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:29 am

Albionist Great Britain wrote:
Tekke wrote: :eyebrow:

Would it have been wrong for the partisans to defend their homes and drive away the Nazis? This is no different. I don’t have problems with Azeris that can see through the lies told by Baku, but those that buy into it are a threat to innocent Armenians and their homeland.

Seems you need to look at the bigger picture. Like I said already, whats left of Artsakh most likely will not be economically viable especially with most of the population not wanting to go back. Any international investment they had would dry up. That means what is left of Artsakh will be depopulated. Then there is the fact that in those five years the Russians will be guarding the place, the Azeris will most likely be fortifying there border with Armenian proper and around whats left of Artsakh. Azerbaijan will be investing in the parts they reannexed but none of there money will be going to the Armenian Artsakh. This war was lost when the Soviets placed Artsakh in Azerbaijan.

Armenia needs to cut its losses. Being landlocked is a disadvantage and increases there costs. They need to concentrate on building up there economy. Found an article in which a former Turkish General said that Armenia could not win this war since there economy could not afford to continue purchasing weapons. Without money to pay, other nations would not sell them weapons. Armenia also needs to increase their population. Lets check the population of Armenia's neighbors.

Turkey population is 82 million and increasing. Azerbaijan is 10 million and increasing. Iran, the population of Iran is almost 84 million and increasing. Georgia population is 3.98 million with a slow increase. Armenia's population is 2.96 million. Should point out that Armenia counts 1.3 million Armenians who currently have migrated to other nations but return for a few weeks a year. Not counting those people, this means Armenia's real population is really 1.69 million. It has gone down. It is expected to slightly increase before going down. But never reaching 3 million (which includes those who have migrated to other nations) unless they do something about it.

Generally, around the capital city they have babies. But in the outer provinces they are not really having babies. The two southern provinces of Armenia need people. If nothing is done to stop this depopulation in these southern provinces, Azerbaijan could just walk in and annex it uniting Azerbaijan proper with Nakhchivan.
Map which shows the southern region - https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... ns_map.png

Read this informative article on Armenia's population - https://jamestown.org/program/armenias- ... rm-trends/
Last edited by Rio Cana on Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:35 am, edited 4 times in total.
National Information
Empire of Rio Cana has been refounded.
We went from Empire to Peoples Republic to two divided Republics one called Marina to back to an Empire. And now a Republic under a military General. Our Popular Music
Our National Love SongOur Military Forces
Formerly appointed twice Minister of Defense and once Minister of Foreign Affairs for South America Region.

Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum
Minister

Founded: Sep 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:41 am

Rio Cana wrote:So when does Turkey and Azerbaijan re-open there borders with Armenia. This should help Armenia's economy.
When the Armenian government apologized for the persecution of the Turkish people.We stand shoulder to shoulder against fascism
Sosyal Demokrat Kemalist
Zayıf Agnostik
LGBT Destekçisi
-3.13 -4.77
Türk %76,2 ☾☆
Slav %22,4
Çinli %1

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:43 am

Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:
Rio Cana wrote:So when does Turkey and Azerbaijan re-open there borders with Armenia. This should help Armenia's economy.
When the Armenian government apologized for the persecution of the Turkish people.We stand shoulder to shoulder against fascism

Cut the shit already
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Albionist Great Britain
Envoy

Founded: Sep 13, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Albionist Great Britain » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:59 am

Armenia has and never had anything to apologise for. Cut the shit, we all know who the real fascists are: the Turks. Every action taken to disempower the Turks is justified, if it were even happening in the first place, which it unfortunately isn’t.

The Restored Danelaw
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 09, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Restored Danelaw » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:00 am

You're the last person to have any right to talk against fascism after shilling for Baku and Turkey in this very thread lmao.
The Danelaw
June 14, 2021
Yorwick Daily: Kingly Heere takes Sanct James. Nahowland gives up the Crig in Miscitoland after nearly half a year of fighting. | Spanning breaks out between the Gemeanwealth and China when HMS Siegfried sinks down 3 Chineish boats wrongfully sailing in Angledanish waters near Eadwardhaven. | OFN's General Forsamling sheds to 'deal with the Crisis in Indey'. Japan, the Danelaw, New England give the Farmers' regearing in Indey a Lastsay until July 1 to give up to the Regearingstrue in Hyderabad "or else." | Gang Shao, China's President comes out ill with a deadly shape of forstanderscrab. Loremen warn that an Eld of Criglords may be forthcoming in China if Shao dies before naming an erfollower.
Creds for the pfp goes to Rein

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:38 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:When the Armenian government apologized for the persecution of the Turkish people.We stand shoulder to shoulder against fascism

Cut the shit already

Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:When the Armenian government apologized for the persecution of the Turkish people.We stand shoulder to shoulder against fascism

Armenia has and never had anything to apologise for. Cut the shit, we all know who the real fascists are: the Turks. Every action taken to disempower the Turks is justified, if it were even happening in the first place, which it unfortunately isn’t.
The Restored Danelaw wrote:
You're the last person to have any right to talk against fascism after shilling for Baku and Turkey in this very thread lmao.
Talk to those who want to break the peace. Fascists were stopped in the lands of Azerbaijan, as in Stalingrad (1943). I think it's pointless to argue with people like you. Turkophobia is bad like any kind of racism. Against the fascists who want the war to continue, I and those who think like me will continue to be the defenders of peace.

Explanation
You can argue between you, please do not confuse me in your conversations :roll:
Last edited by Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum on Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sosyal Demokrat Kemalist
Zayıf Agnostik
LGBT Destekçisi
-3.13 -4.77
Türk %76,2 ☾☆
Slav %22,4
Çinli %1

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:44 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:Cut the shit already

The Restored Danelaw wrote:You're the last person to have any right to talk against fascism after shilling for Baku and Turkey in this very thread lmao.
Talk to those who want to break the peace. Fascists were stopped in the lands of Azerbaijan, as in Stalingrad (1943). I think it's pointless to argue with people like you. Turkophobia is bad like any kind of racism. Against the fascists who want the war to continue, I and those who think like me will continue to be the defenders of peace.

Explanation
You can argue between you, please do not confuse me in your conversations :roll:
Ah yes of course, everyone who disagrees with you is a fascist or turkophobic or racist. A totally unexpected answer.

Cut the shit and wise up and drop the propaganda routine.

edit: Here do me a favour and put me down in that little enemies list of yours.
Last edited by The Huskar Social Union on Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Faaruma
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 10, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Faaruma » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:52 am

Haven't you Azeris got Israeli weapons to buy?

New Rogernomics
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 22, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rogernomics » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:05 am

Rio Cana wrote:[...]Armenia needs to cut its losses. Being landlocked is a disadvantage and increases there costs. They need to concentrate on building up there economy. Found an article in which a former Turkish General said that Armenia could not win this war since there economy could not afford to continue purchasing weapons. Without money to pay, other nations would not sell them weapons. Armenia also needs to increase their population. Lets check the population of Armenia's neighbors.
Armenia can't 'cut it's loses', as this is a major humanitarian and military disaster for them, that will likely bring down their government, and I really hope Armenia doesn't end up a dictatorship, which is what happened to Azerbaijan after they lost the first war. This will cause major national trauma, re-criminations, and so forth. Armenia has to continue buying weapons as ethnic hatred towards Armenians is extreme in Azerbaijan, and they can't improve their economy drastically because they are blockaded by Turkey and Azerbaijan, which will never end the blockade as their long-stated goal is to destroy Armenia, unless Erdogan decides otherwise.
Rio Cana wrote:[...]Azerbaijan could just walk in and annex it uniting Azerbaijan proper with Nakhchivan.
Only if Putin decides to end CSTO, and as the latest peace deal proves, Russia still wants an independent Armenia more tightly under their geo-political control. This won't help corruption, which is prolific in Russia and tends to find its way to any country that is in their sphere of influence.

Without some major political re-conciliation, which given ethnic hatred seems unlikely, Armenia will continue to be a low population country at the mercy of Putin, and its neighbors. If Azerbaijan, Turkey, and Armenia, were all democracies, and could develop empathy and understanding with one another, then there would be hope. Though as long as Erdogan and his party control Turkey, and Azerbaijan is a dictatorship built on ethnic hatred and soviet instilled founding myths, there can be no peace in that part of the Caucasus, and Armenia will have to buy the weapons it can.
Herald (Vice-Delegate) of Lazarus
"Solidarity forever..."
Hoping for Peace in Israel and Palestine
  • Former First Citizen (PM) of Lazarus
  • Former Proedroi (Minister) of Foreign Affairs of Lazarus
  • Former Lazarus Delegate (Humane Republic of Lazarus, 2015)
  • Minister of Culture & Media (Humane Republic of Lazarus)
  • Foreign Minister of The Ascendancy (RIP, and purged)
  • Senator of The Ascendancy (RIP, and purged)
  • Interior Commissioner of Lazarus (Pre-People's Republic of Lazarus)
  • At some point a member of the Grey family...then father vanished...
  • Foreign Minister of The Last Kingdom (RIP)
  • ADN:DSA Rep for Eastern Roman Empire
  • Honoratus Servant of the Holy Land (Eastern Roman Empire)
  • UN/WA Delegate of Trans Atlantice (RIP)

Baltenstein
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Baltenstein » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:24 am

When the Armenian government apologized for the persecution of the Turkish people.

In other news, the World Jewish Congress has offered an official apology for the crimes and persecution inflicted upon the German people. More at 11.
O'er the hills and o'er the main.
Through Flanders, Portugal and Spain.
King George commands and we obey.
Over the hills and far away.

THE NORTH REMEMBERS

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:32 am

Tekke wrote: :eyebrow:

They're losing the war. They should live to fight another day instead of going out in a blaze of glory if they have any sense about them. And you'll struggle to get Americans, Europeans, or Russians to take a hardline approach either in favor of Armenia or Azerbaijan, because it turns out, most of us are not fans of letting Erdogan start World War 3 between NATO and Russia over, quite literally, some damn fool thing in the Caucasus. The Armenians will have to just eat shit now and figure things out later, as the Kurds have had to for much the same reason. Not saying they've not been very hard done by by Turkish atrocities and bullying over the years, but unfortunately in that region, especially when it comes to small powers, the strong do what they will and the weak suffer what they must. That's what happens when you're close to God, but far from the United States.
Last edited by Senkaku on Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Biden-Santos Thought cadre

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:36 am

The absolute fucking irony of calling the people under threat of extermination "Fascists" is mind-boggling. Hakinda has gone full-blown ethnic nationalist in his disgusting victim blaming.

It makes my blood boil watching him defend these genocidal warmongers and act like their victims are the "bad guys". Absolutely revolting.
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Rocker & Metalhead ☆ Heretical Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Reminder that Donald J. Trump is officially a traitor to the United States of America as of January 6th, 2021
The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ
Wanted Fugitive of the Chinese Communist Party
Unapologetic stan for Lana Beniko - #1 Sith Waifu

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:36 am

Senkaku wrote:

They're losing the war. They should live to fight another day instead of going out in a blaze of glory if they have any sense about them. And you'll struggle to get Americans, Europeans, or Russians to take a hardline approach either in favor of Armenia or Azerbaijan, because it turns out, most of us are not fans of letting Erdogan start World War 3 between NATO and Russia over, quite literally, some damn fool thing in the Caucasus. The Armenians will have to just eat shit now and figure things out later, as the Kurds have had to for much the same reason. Not saying they've not been very hard done by by Turkish atrocities and bullying over the years, but unfortunately in that region, especially when it comes to small powers, the strong do what they will and the weak suffer what they must. That's what happens when you're close to God, but far from the United States.

From what I hear, some Armenian military units are refusing to stand down.

I imagine they're going to continue an insurgency in Artsakh for a while. Which, tbh, will probably be more effective than a conventional war.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:38 am

Salus Maior wrote:
Senkaku wrote:They're losing the war. They should live to fight another day instead of going out in a blaze of glory if they have any sense about them. And you'll struggle to get Americans, Europeans, or Russians to take a hardline approach either in favor of Armenia or Azerbaijan, because it turns out, most of us are not fans of letting Erdogan start World War 3 between NATO and Russia over, quite literally, some damn fool thing in the Caucasus. The Armenians will have to just eat shit now and figure things out later, as the Kurds have had to for much the same reason. Not saying they've not been very hard done by by Turkish atrocities and bullying over the years, but unfortunately in that region, especially when it comes to small powers, the strong do what they will and the weak suffer what they must. That's what happens when you're close to God, but far from the United States.

I imagine they're going to continue an insurgency in Artsakh for a while. Which, tbh, will probably be more effective than a conventional war.

God be with them. They'll need it.
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Rocker & Metalhead ☆ Heretical Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Reminder that Donald J. Trump is officially a traitor to the United States of America as of January 6th, 2021
The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ
Wanted Fugitive of the Chinese Communist Party
Unapologetic stan for Lana Beniko - #1 Sith Waifu

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:40 am

Baltenstein wrote:
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:When the Armenian government apologized for the persecution of the Turkish people.

In other news, the World Jewish Congress has offered an official apology for the crimes and persecution inflicted upon the German people. More at 11.

....What?

I don't even know how this is supposed to be comparable.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:41 am

Salus Maior wrote:
Senkaku wrote:They're losing the war. They should live to fight another day instead of going out in a blaze of glory if they have any sense about them. And you'll struggle to get Americans, Europeans, or Russians to take a hardline approach either in favor of Armenia or Azerbaijan, because it turns out, most of us are not fans of letting Erdogan start World War 3 between NATO and Russia over, quite literally, some damn fool thing in the Caucasus. The Armenians will have to just eat shit now and figure things out later, as the Kurds have had to for much the same reason. Not saying they've not been very hard done by by Turkish atrocities and bullying over the years, but unfortunately in that region, especially when it comes to small powers, the strong do what they will and the weak suffer what they must. That's what happens when you're close to God, but far from the United States.

Probably so, hybrid war and all that. Hopefully it doesn't lead the Azerbaijanis to continue attacking and taking more territory, would be my main concern.

Not saying it's not a bitter pill to ask the Armenian people to swallow, but I am not interested in seeing North America reduced to radioactive ash because they were losing a war against some crazy Turk's friends and called Moscow for help.

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:42 am

Salus Maior wrote:
Baltenstein wrote:

....What?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_Genocide

they are understandably still a bit peeved about it
Last edited by Senkaku on Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:44 am

Senkaku wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:
....What?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_Genocide

they are understandably still a bit peeved about it

Having read first hand accounts of the Armenian genocide, I'm well aware of it.

I don't know how Jews supposedly apologizing to Germany is comparable.

I would say Turkey apologizing to Armenia is more comparable to a hypothetical victorious Nazi Germany apologizing to Jews worldwide.

Edit: I completely misread all the posts.

Last edited by Salus Maior on Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:47 am

Senkaku wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:

Probably so, hybrid war and all that. Hopefully it doesn't lead the Azerbaijanis to continue attacking and taking more territory, would be my main concern.

Not saying it's not a bitter pill to ask the Armenian people to swallow, but I am not interested in seeing North America reduced to radioactive ash because they were losing a war against some crazy Turk's friends and called Moscow for help.

Considering the Armenian people just couped their government over this, they're not going to swallow it.

They're probably going to support an insurgency in Artsakh for as long as possible.

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:52 am

Salus Maior wrote:
Senkaku wrote:Probably so, hybrid war and all that. Hopefully it doesn't lead the Azerbaijanis to continue attacking and taking more territory, would be my main concern.

Considering the Armenian people just couped their government over this, they're not going to swallow it.

They're probably going to support an insurgency in Artsakh for as long as possible.

Fighting this ferociously over a couple of towns in an area smaller than Delaware remains bananas to me, but whatever. If they want to, then I guess go for it, but they're surrounded by powerful enemies who seem to be winning, and their history should show them that things can always get worse. Azerbaijan lost the last war, bought new weapons, and won this one. The Armenians are perfectly capable of doing the same if they'd rather do that than... any other meaningful collective national effort, I guess.

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:59 am

Senkaku wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:

Fighting this ferociously over a couple of towns in an area smaller than Delaware remains bananas to me, but whatever. If they want to, then I guess go for it, but they're surrounded by powerful enemies who seem to be winning, and their history should show them that things can always get worse. Azerbaijan lost the last war, bought new weapons, and won this one. The Armenians are perfectly capable of doing the same if they'd rather do that than... any other meaningful collective national effort, I guess.

That's because you're looking at this from the position of American privilege. And I don't mean that as a jab.

The Armenian people have been on the losing side of history for a very long time, and they've lost so much of their heritage and homeland already through unimaginable injustices. We in the West, especially not in America, really know what it's like to live through that and be born in that context. We take for granted the security of our homeland, and the fact that we have a homeland.
Last edited by Salus Maior on Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Duvniask
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Duvniask » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:59 am

Salus Maior wrote:
Senkaku wrote:Probably so, hybrid war and all that. Hopefully it doesn't lead the Azerbaijanis to continue attacking and taking more territory, would be my main concern.

They haven't couped the government yet. They just broke into parliament and beat up the President of the National Assembly, Ararat Mirzoyan.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:59 am

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:03 am

Senkaku wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:

I am very afraid of the radicals in the Armenian government. because they can brutally kill women and children for the supposed dream of great Armenia.There is this hostility from the bad mentality of politicians and radicals, it is just that neither side should be racist towards each other.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_ ... Federation
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_ ... of_Armenia
Sosyal Demokrat Kemalist
Zayıf Agnostik
LGBT Destekçisi
-3.13 -4.77
Türk %76,2 ☾☆
Slav %22,4
Çinli %1

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads