NATION

PASSWORD

Louisville Police Officer Sues Breonna Taylor's Boyfriend

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Loben III
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 06, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Loben III » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:01 pm

Greater Malegron wrote:
The Federal Government of Iowa wrote:I have probably been paying more attention than you. I've read some of your posts and they are chock-full of miss-info. Yeah, sometimes humans, who are broken and fallible creatures, do bad things. It happens.
You, however, have seemed to swallow hole the "burn it all down because it's irreversibly racist" pill that is honestly the dumbest thing I've ever heard in my life.

Gee, it’s almost like cops were created specifically to enforce and perpetuate a racist system. You can take that “some cops are bad but it’s not all cops” and throw it down a well. If you’re too privileged to see the rot behind the very institution of police itself, rather than individuals, that’s on you. Why wouldn’t we burn it all down. It’s a vehicle through which the oppressor controls the oppressed.

so many buzzwords i could make a madlibs out of it.
Abandon your jobs
Abandon your posts
Abandon your homes
Abandon all hope

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:03 pm

Loben III wrote:
Greater Malegron wrote:Gee, it’s almost like cops were created specifically to enforce and perpetuate a racist system. You can take that “some cops are bad but it’s not all cops” and throw it down a well. If you’re too privileged to see the rot behind the very institution of police itself, rather than individuals, that’s on you. Why wouldn’t we burn it all down. It’s a vehicle through which the oppressor controls the oppressed.

I don't like it when I agree with you.

The police in the US certainly need reform and for the 'good apples' to step up their game at putting down the bad ones, but it's not fair to claim their entire purpose is racist or that all of them are murderous.

Nejii
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nejii » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:04 pm

Andsed wrote:
Nejii wrote:
While no-knock raids are a controversy/incident waiting to happen, they do have a comprehensible purpose. To catch suspects completely off guard and prevent the destruction or hiding of evidence, or to keep suspects from escaping swiftly. That said, no-knock raids have proven to be problematic and even disastrous. Although calling them illegal kidnapping is a bit melodramatic.

I think the best way to treat them is to reserve them for situations where there is a present danger of violence. Something like a hostage situation. Otherwise it is best to just not use them imo.

Hmm, an interesting direction. And plausible. But, respectfully, how would you prevent the destruction or discarding of evidence? After all, there have been trial cases that hinged on a single piece of evidence in the past. I suppose it would be as simple as knock and then move fast. Same thing with a suspect with a quick escape route.
Radical centrist tilting more and more to the right (socially)...

The Horst-Wessel-Lied is very catchy.

Growing more unapologetic by the day.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:05 pm

The Federal Government of Iowa wrote:The amount of anti-cop nonsense and stupidity displayed in this thread makes me want to quit NS and kill myself if I can manage to do so before having an aneurysm.

Your right wing virtue signalling has been noted.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Greater Malegron
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Malegron » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:05 pm

Albrenia wrote:
Loben III wrote:

The police in the US certainly need reform and for the 'good apples' to step up their game at putting down the bad ones, but it's not fair to claim their entire purpose is racist or that all of them are murderous.

The police were literally formed as successors to slave catchers. How is that not racist. They aren’t all murders, but the ones that aren’t haven’t done shit to stop it.

Franche Comte
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 27, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Franche Comte » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:06 pm

Phaenix wrote:What a disgusting human being. Not only do you break into his house and kill his girlfriend, you sue him for defending yourself? And the Blue Lives Matter people are gonna be clamoring that they should lock the boyfriend up for daring to defend himself against our "impeccable" police force.

There's no limits to the stupidity of socCons... If you dare to believe in human rights they call you a "Liberal" which they use so much that they don't even know what it remotely means...

The Federal Government of Iowa
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federal Government of Iowa » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:08 pm

Greater Malegron wrote:
The Federal Government of Iowa wrote:I have probably been paying more attention than you. I've read some of your posts and they are chock-full of miss-info. Yeah, sometimes humans, who are broken and fallible creatures, do bad things. It happens.
You, however, have seemed to swallow hole the "burn it all down because it's irreversibly racist" pill that is honestly the dumbest thing I've ever heard in my life.

Gee, it’s almost like cops were created specifically to enforce and perpetuate a racist system. You can take that “some cops are bad but it’s not all cops” and throw it down a well. If you’re too privileged to see the rot behind the very institution of police itself, rather than individuals, that’s on you. Why wouldn’t we burn it all down. It’s a vehicle through which the oppressor controls the oppressed.

:rofl:
Please, stop, you're going to make me pee myself!
What a load of garbage that statement is. One of the first things you need in a functional society are laws and people who enforce the laws. Of course, they sometimes become abused and that's the story of broken humanity.
"Racist system" my a##. People of color in the US still have more wealth than almost any other POC anywhere else in the world. Mind you, I'm not the whitest of all white people, I've been mistaken as someone who's from South America or sometimes as someone who's from the South Pacific region, and I have not once had an issue with any cop ever.
"Privileged" my a## as well. I'm considered lower middle class, which is still quite good compared to the rest of the world. I see no fact in your statement, not a lick.
Right-leaning American Christian. Guns are fun. Space is fun too.
gender and biology are the same thing, sorry
I respect your right to ruin your life, but I don't have to celebrate it

"For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Claiming to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things. Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever!"- Romans 1: 21-25

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:08 pm

Nejii wrote:
Andsed wrote:I think the best way to treat them is to reserve them for situations where there is a present danger of violence. Something like a hostage situation. Otherwise it is best to just not use them imo.

Hmm, an interesting direction. And plausible. But, respectfully, how would you prevent the destruction or discarding of evidence? After all, there have been trial cases that hinged on a single piece of evidence in the past. I suppose it would be as simple as knock and then move fast. Same thing with a suspect with a quick escape route.

I guess context would have a lot to do with it, based on what sort of evidence they think is there and how easily it can be disposed of. Also covering all the exits before knocking would likely be wise.

Loben III
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Loben III » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:10 pm

Greater Malegron wrote:
Albrenia wrote:

The police were literally formed as successors to slave catchers. How is that not racist. They aren’t all murders, but the ones that aren’t haven’t done shit to stop it.

really?

law enforcement didnt exist before?
Abandon your jobs
Abandon your posts
Abandon your homes
Abandon all hope

Nejii
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nejii » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:11 pm

Greater Malegron wrote:
Albrenia wrote:

How erroneous. The American police were your typical constables that could be found anywhere else in the world from Great Britain to India. They weren’t formed solely as “black suppressors”. What ANTIFA pamphlet did you get that from?
Radical centrist tilting more and more to the right (socially)...

The Horst-Wessel-Lied is very catchy.

Growing more unapologetic by the day.

Greater Malegron
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Malegron » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:12 pm

The Federal Government of Iowa wrote:
Greater Malegron wrote:Gee, it’s almost like cops were created specifically to enforce and perpetuate a racist system. You can take that “some cops are bad but it’s not all cops” and throw it down a well. If you’re too privileged to see the rot behind the very institution of police itself, rather than individuals, that’s on you. Why wouldn’t we burn it all down. It’s a vehicle through which the oppressor controls the oppressed.

What a load of garbage that statement is. One of the first things you need in a functional society are laws and people who enforce the laws. Of course, they sometimes become abused and that's the story of broken humanity.
"Racist system" my a##. People of color in the US still have more wealth than almost any other POC anywhere else in the world. Mind you, I'm not the whitest of all white people, I've been mistaken as someone who's from South America or sometimes as someone who's from the South Pacific region, and I have not once had an issue with any cop ever.
"Privileged" my a## as well. I'm considered lower middle class, which is still quite good compared to the rest of the world. I see no fact in your statement, not a lick.

If by “people who enforce the laws” you mean “state-funded death squads” because if you’re black, that’s pretty much what they are.

-Astoria-
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 27, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby -Astoria- » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:13 pm

Albrenia wrote:
Loben III wrote:

This.
                                                      Republic of Astoria | Pobolieth Asdair                                                      
Bedhent cewsel ein gweisiau | Our deeds shall speak
IC: FactbooksLocationEmbassiesFAQIntegrity | OOC: CCL's VP • 9th in NSFB#110/10: DGES
 ⌜✉⌟ TV1 News | 2023-04-11  ▶ ⬤──────── (LIVE) |  Headlines  Winter out; spring in for public parks • Environment ministry announces A₤300m in renewables subsidies • "Not enough," say unions on A₤24m planned Govt cost-of-living salary supplement |  Weather  Liskerry ⛅ 13° • Altas ⛅ 10° • Esterpine ☀ 11° • Naltgybal ☁ 14° • Ceirtryn ⛅ 19° • Bynscel ☀ 11° • Lyteel ☔ 9° |  Traffic  ROADWORKS: WRE expwy towards Port Trelyn closed; use Routes P294 northbound; P83 southbound 

Greater Malegron
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Malegron » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:14 pm

Nejii wrote:
Greater Malegron wrote:The police were literally formed as successors to slave catchers. How is that not racist. They aren’t all murders, but the ones that aren’t haven’t done shit to stop it.

How erroneous. The American police were your typical constables that could be found anywhere else in the world from Great Britain to India. They weren’t formed solely as “black suppressors”. What ANTIFA pamphlet did you get that from?

Antifa are communist fools. We have nothing in common. You realize most of them are white, you know. I’m a black nationalist.

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:14 pm

My own knowledge of the origin of career police is pretty shaky, but I vaguely remember something about a protective vigilante gang in England or something getting government support.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Federal Government of Iowa » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:14 pm

Greater Malegron wrote:
The Federal Government of Iowa wrote: :rofl:

If by “people who enforce the laws” you mean “state-funded death squads” because if you’re black, that’s pretty much what they are.

Really? I mean, I'm quite tan and uh, I've never even been looked at wrong by a cop. Also, most black people disagree with you, the VAST majority of black people want more cops or the same number of cops they've already had in their neighborhoods. Your logic is fallacious and you are simply dead wrong.

"For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Claiming to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things. Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever!"- Romans 1: 21-25

Loben III
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Loben III » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:16 pm

Greater Malegron wrote:
Nejii wrote:

Antifa are communist fools. We have nothing in common. You realize most of them are white, you know. I’m a black nationalist.

Africa sounds nice this time of year.
Abandon your jobs
Abandon your posts
Abandon your homes
Abandon all hope

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Federal Government of Iowa » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:16 pm

Greater Malegron wrote:
Nejii wrote:

Gee, we've found some common ground. :clap:

Daves Computer
Envoy

Founded: May 06, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Daves Computer » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:16 pm

The Federal Government of Iowa wrote:"Racist system" my a##. People of color in the US still have more wealth than almost any other POC anywhere else in the world. Mind you, I'm not the whitest of all white people, I've been mistaken as someone who's from South America or sometimes as someone who's from the South Pacific region, and I have not once had an issue with any cop ever.

Not to be disrespectful, but that is a terribly flimsy argument for dismissing systemic racism. Firstly, where do you get that sort of statistic? And how does that dismiss the systemic racism in many of our nation's institutions such as the criminal justice system, housing, and education?

Greater Malegron
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Malegron » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:17 pm

The Federal Government of Iowa wrote:
Greater Malegron wrote:If by “people who enforce the laws” you mean “state-funded death squads” because if you’re black, that’s pretty much what they are.

Really? I mean, I'm quite tan and uh, I've never even been looked at wrong by a cop. Also, most black people disagree with you, the VAST majority of black people want more cops or the same number of cops they've already had in their neighborhoods. Your logic is fallacious and you are simply dead wrong.

Yeah I’m sure the Jews wanted more Gestapo on the streets too. :roll:

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:17 pm

Greater Malegron wrote:
Albrenia wrote:

Eh. While I would agree that there are major issues with racism within the police I don´t think the idea that they were created with the idea of suppressing minorities is necessarily true.

Nejii wrote:
Andsed wrote:I think the best way to treat them is to reserve them for situations where there is a present danger of violence. Something like a hostage situation. Otherwise it is best to just not use them imo.

I would say it should depend on what sort of crime being dealt with. If its dealing with say a drug dealer I think its better to use the knock and move quick idea while if its an issue of dismantling a human trafficking ring I think a no knock warrant is justified. I think it should honestly just depend on what harm could be done by the police knocking first.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Greater Malegron
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Malegron » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:18 pm

Loben III wrote:
Greater Malegron wrote:Antifa are communist fools. We have nothing in common. You realize most of them are white, you know. I’m a black nationalist.

Africa isn’t black nationalist.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Federal Government of Iowa » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:19 pm

Greater Malegron wrote:
The Federal Government of Iowa wrote:Really? I mean, I'm quite tan and uh, I've never even been looked at wrong by a cop. Also, most black people disagree with you, the VAST majority of black people want more cops or the same number of cops they've already had in their neighborhoods. Your logic is fallacious and you are simply dead wrong.

The difference between my statement and yours is that mine is based in fact and yours is not...

Loben III
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Loben III » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:19 pm

Greater Malegron wrote:
The Federal Government of Iowa wrote:Really? I mean, I'm quite tan and uh, I've never even been looked at wrong by a cop. Also, most black people disagree with you, the VAST majority of black people want more cops or the same number of cops they've already had in their neighborhoods. Your logic is fallacious and you are simply dead wrong.

are you seriously comparing yourself to jews?
Abandon your jobs
Abandon your posts
Abandon your homes
Abandon all hope

Loben III
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Loben III » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:19 pm

Greater Malegron wrote:
Loben III wrote:

Africa isn’t black nationalist.

no but its where Black Nationalists belong in my honest opinion.
Abandon your jobs
Abandon your posts
Abandon your homes
Abandon all hope

Orostan
Negotiator

Founded: May 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Orostan » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:20 pm

Andsed wrote:
Greater Malegron wrote:The police were literally formed as successors to slave catchers. How is that not racist. They aren’t all murders, but the ones that aren’t haven’t done shit to stop it.

Eh. While I would agree that there are major issues with racism within the police I don´t think the idea that they were created with the idea of suppressing minorities is necessarily true.

Nejii wrote:

I would say it should depend on what sort of crime being dealt with. If its dealing with say a drug dealer I think its better to use the knock and move quick idea while if its an issue of dismantling a human trafficking ring I think a no knock warrant is justified. I think it should honestly just depend on what harm could be done by the police knocking first.

1) US Police originated as patrols to catch escaped slaves in large part.

2) They need to follow rules designed to minimize the possibility of anybody being killed. They need to clearly identify themselves, make demands for surrender, and not instantly shoot anyone they see. Unfortunately American cops do none of these things.
“It is difficult for me to imagine what “personal liberty” is enjoyed by an unemployed hungry person. True freedom can only be where there is no exploitation and oppression of one person by another; where there is not unemployment, and where a person is not living in fear of losing his job, his home and his bread. Only in such a society personal and any other freedom can exist for real and not on paper.” -J. V. STALIN
Ernest Hemingway wrote:Anyone who loves freedom owes such a debt to the Red Army that it can never be repaid.

Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:“To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty.”

Cicero wrote:"In times of war, the laws fall silent"

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General