NATION

PASSWORD

Video Entertainment Rating Act (TCotA only): Debate Room

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Untecna
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 02, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Video Entertainment Rating Act (TCotA only): Debate Room

Postby Untecna » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:43 pm

Clarification: This is NOT a WA proposal.

The United Argimin nations,

Understanding that as video entertainment, or video games, and their appropriate systems and hardware evolve, the games become increasingly violent and generally unrated,

Seeing as violent games can be purchased at toy stores and other such shops within our united borders,

Needing a way for the video entertainment industry to have regulations bringing more attention to what should be where and who can purchase it,

Hereby enacts these policies into Argimin law:

1. Activates the Argimin General Fund for use to fund the policies brought here.

2. Establishes the Argimin Video Entertainment Rating Board, or AVERB, to enforce all policies, and to maintain the rating system.

3. Requires all video entertainment manufacturers and developers to send the finished product to AVERB for rating before release.

4. Requires all retailers that sell video entertainment software and hardware to not purchase such items unless the items have a rating and an official seal by AVERB.

5. Any games released before a rating is put on them are to be removed from the market and the developers fined based on how much money the game made before it was pulled divided by 2.

6. Any retailers caught with non-rated games will be fined the amount of money said above in section 5.

7. All ratings must be marked on the packaging of the game.

8. All rating concerns must be listed along with the rating, i.e "Cartoon Violence" or "Mild Language", etc.

9. Urges all member nations of The Commonwealth of the Argimin to accept this law, for the good of all citizens within our united borders.

Written by Untecna
Dragon with internet access. I am coming for your data. More for the hoard.
NFL Team: 49rs
California is the best is the worst is kinda okay
I may not be an expert on them, but I feel like I know about way too many obscure video/audio formats.
Issues Author (#1520) | Failed GA Resolution Author

Tranzoria
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Tranzoria » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:41 pm

Untecna wrote:Clarification: This is NOT a WA proposal.

Understanding that as video entertainment, or video games, and their appropriate systems and hardware evolve, the games become increasingly violent and generally unrated,

Seeing as violent games can be purchased at toy stores and other such shops within our united borders,

Needing a way for the video entertainment industry to have regulations bringing more attention to what should be where and who can purchase it,

1. Activates the Argimin General Fund for use to fund the policies brought here.

2. Establishes the Argimin Video Entertainment Rating Board, or AVERB, to enforce all policies, and to maintain the rating system.

3. Requires all video entertainment manufacturers and developers to send the finished product to AVERB for rating before release.

4. Requires all retailers that sell video entertainment software and hardware to not purchase such items unless the items have a rating and an official seal by AVERB.

5. Any games released before a rating is put on them are to be removed from the market and the developers fined based on how much money the game made before it was pulled divided by 2.

6. Any retailers caught with non-rated games will be fined the amount of money said above in section 5.

8. All rating concerns must be listed along with the rating, i.e "Cartoon Violence" or "Mild Language", etc.

9. Urges all member nations of The Commonwealth of the Argimin to accept this law, for the good of all citizens within our united borders.

Written by Untecna

You know, this is actually a Really cool idea, having a Argimin-Version of the Commonwealth.
I like both the Proposal, and this. I'm going to try to create this kind of thing.
A Naive Nation in the Bay Area of California who has fought too many wars to count. NSG's Resident Yes-man.
Raider, Writer and Rickroll Fanatic.
Recent News: Tranzoria joins Israel-Palestine discussion-promises no flaming

Pro: Choice, Democracy, Acknowledgment, PR Statehood
Anti:Terrorism, Racism, Karenism, People who pour the Milk first

Untecna
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 02, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Untecna » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:02 am

Tranzoria wrote:
Untecna wrote:Clarification: This is NOT a WA proposal.

Written by Untecna

You know, this is actually a Really cool idea, having a Argimin-Version of the Commonwealth.
I like both the Proposal, and this. I'm going to try to create this kind of thing.

-Cough cough- It's mine -coughity cough cough cough-
Dragon with internet access. I am coming for your data. More for the hoard.
NFL Team: 49rs
California is the best is the worst is kinda okay
I may not be an expert on them, but I feel like I know about way too many obscure video/audio formats.
Issues Author (#1520) | Failed GA Resolution Author

Return to NationStates