NATION

PASSWORD

Where are the Conservative issues?

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Epluribus Unum
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Where are the Conservative issues?

Postby Epluribus Unum » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:39 am

Or at least Conservative Solutions?

Many issues are written with an specific agenda forcing me to either choose some Liberal Progressive solution thats against my Countries Ideological premise, or I have to choose some dumb ridiculous answer?

Why are almost all issues written from a leftist viewpoint, and the solutions are all leftist Globalist, or just ridiculous idiotic, leaving me with ignore the issue or answer in the affirmative toward Globalism!

My Country is being slowly infected with Leftist cancer by always having Leftist written issues!

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:46 am

viewforum.php?f=13 is a better place for that.
The Blaatschapen should resign

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:46 am

OP, your thread will probably get towed to Got Issues. It won't hurt, and you shouldn't go start another thread (at least yet). You may suffer some disorientation, or sea-sickness, or the sense that the big city of General is a long way away and you're in the boondocks.

I'm not terribly familiar with the Issues, but I'm guessing early on you don't get options to abolish government, because in the game model that is disastrous for your nation (much older nations can apparently do that ... you need a very big economy for it to work all by itself).
I report offenses if and only if they are crimes.
No footwear industry: citizens cannot afford new shoes.
High rate of Nobel prizes and other academic achievements.

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:47 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:https://forum.nationstates.net/viewforum.php?f=13 is a better place for that.

Nooo. I want a TOW. Send up a ... damn kids have used all the flares again. Got a flare?
I report offenses if and only if they are crimes.
No footwear industry: citizens cannot afford new shoes.
High rate of Nobel prizes and other academic achievements.

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:00 am

Epluribus Unum wrote:Or at least Conservative Solutions?

Many issues are written with an specific agenda forcing me to either choose some Liberal Progressive solution thats against my Countries Ideological premise, or I have to choose some dumb ridiculous answer?

Why are almost all issues written from a leftist viewpoint, and the solutions are all leftist Globalist, or just ridiculous idiotic, leaving me with ignore the issue or answer in the affirmative toward Globalism!

If you have an issue that you would like to see in the game, the best suggestion is that you write them yourself. This handy link will tell you how. I would suggest you look around at some of the other drafts to get an idea for formatting and always draft here, in Got Issues? (while that doesn't guarantee your issue will be accepted, it does improve your chances).

Though, it's already very possible to have any number of illiberal policies in game, including No Abortion, No Contraception, No Immigration, No Emigration, Capital Punishment, Corporal Punishment, Autocracy and Autarky (all of which I have on this nation), which are all available by answering the current issues.
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Electrum » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:54 am

If you don't like the options, then just dismiss the issue.
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

Chan Island
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Chan Island » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:05 am

Most issues have at least one conservative option.

Also the classic, if you want more conservative issues, why not write some? We're always on the lookout for more writers.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=513597&p=39401766#p39401766
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?