NATION

PASSWORD

The Monthly Card Collection Competition (Win a Legendary!)

The place to wheel and deal, talk shop, and build up your dream deck!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Devil Heart
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 07, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Devil Heart » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:11 am

An exciting extra prize to add in, thanks to Praeceps and the team.

Your collection is looking excellent Myannmar.

I've kept building mine as best I can :)

And most of all, looking forward to some other entries :) I'm really enjoying the different approaches different collectors take to the monthly themes.

Myannmar
Civil Servant

Founded: Antiquity
Corporate Police State

Postby Myannmar » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:22 pm

Devil Heart wrote:An exciting extra prize to add in, thanks to Praeceps and the team.

Your collection is looking excellent Myannmar.

I've kept building mine as best I can :)

And most of all, looking forward to some other entries :) I'm really enjoying the different approaches different collectors take to the monthly themes.

Your collection looks great, too. I had no idea there were so many "women" cards. Enjoyed discovering new cards viewing your set.

Praeceps
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Praeceps » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:33 pm

Only two entries? Guess those who entered have a good chance of winning. :P

While I am off to present the groups with the collections, I have the theme for September.

The theme for September 2020 is: N-Day

crosses his fingers hoping that N-Day will happen again this year
Apparently simultaneously a Ravenclaw puppet, a NPO plant, and a Warden spy. I had no idea I was that good. Depending on who you ask, my aliases include Krulltopia.

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs for The North Pacific, Former Guildmaster of The North Pacific Cards Guild

Myannmar
Civil Servant

Corporate Police State

Postby Myannmar » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:00 am

Praeceps wrote:Only two entries? Guess those who entered have a good chance of winning. :P

While I am off to present the groups with the collections, I have the theme for September.

In 2018 the faction that topped the leader board was called Uppercut but the region has since been invaded. Do you know which nation was heading Uppercut? Wasn't the team comprised of nations from the GCRs?

Praeceps
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Praeceps » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:04 pm

Myannmar wrote:
Praeceps wrote:Only two entries? Guess those who entered have a good chance of winning. :P

In 2018 the faction that topped the leader board was called Uppercut but the region has since been invaded. Do you know which nation was heading Uppercut? Wasn't the team comprised of nations from the GCRs?

Not sure who the leader was. I believe in 2018 that UPPERCUT was mainly composed of the feeders (TNP, the NPO, TSP, and TEP I think).
Apparently simultaneously a Ravenclaw puppet, a NPO plant, and a Warden spy. I had no idea I was that good. Depending on who you ask, my aliases include Krulltopia.

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs for The North Pacific, Former Guildmaster of The North Pacific Cards Guild

Praeceps
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Praeceps » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:21 am

Congratulations to Devil Heart for winning both collections! :D

Myannmar
Civil Servant

Corporate Police State

Postby Myannmar » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:53 am

Congratulations to Devil Heart for an inspired collection! :clap:

Devil Heart
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 07, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Devil Heart » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:38 pm

Thank you to The North Pacific Cards Guild! What a terrific pair of cards came my way:
Smiley Bob
The Dark System

I've very much enjoyed gathering the Women Commanding our Respect collection, so much so I intend to keep going. That makes this win close to my Devil's Heart indeed!

Thank you Myannmar, I'm a great admirer of your collection too :)

Destructive Government Economic System
Minister

Founded: Jun 15, 2017
Corporate Police State

Postby Destructive Government Economic System » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:49 am

Worth noting that no-one has submitted a collection for September's theme yet!

As a result, if you even make a collection consisting of only one card in it then there's a massive chance for you to win this month's legendaries :p

Make sure to get a submission in!
"All I wish is to see the world burn."
-The Great Uniter and Beast of the DGES
(By the way, the DGES is a servant to DEAREST LEADER of Psychotic Dictatorships.)
Just your typical guy who wants to have fun. Don't take this nation seriously,
ever.
I DO NOT use NS stats!
Keshiland literally wrote:I would give it a no. A country that lies about how free, or how great, or how humanitarian it is can never be developed. Example, NK lies and says they are democratic and are not, the US lies and says we are free yet we incarcerate millions for a medical plant. See we are basically a larger more populated North Korea.

Free Las Pinas
Diplomat

Founded: May 03, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Free Las Pinas » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:37 am

Alright, I'll go for it. Here's 3... 2... 1... BOOM!. I'm pretty busy with combined RL-related and NS-related stuff, hence why I haven't been farming lately and why I might not manage to expand this further.
Last edited by Free Las Pinas on Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Enewetak
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 05, 2004
Iron Fist Consumerists

N-day

Postby Enewetak » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:16 am

My entry is The Atoms Family. These cards were included to represent the factions at the top of the leaderboards: Augustin Alliance, Uppercut, and The Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Arichia
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Arichia » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:03 am

Here's my first entry ever: Nuclear War: https://www.nationstates.net/page=deck/collection=29313
I'm not creative at naming stuff.

Enewetak
Civil Servant

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Enewetak » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:30 pm

Arichia wrote:Here's my first entry ever: Nuclear War: https://www.nationstates.net/page=deck/collection=29313

What you're creative at is finding themed cards. I like your collection because you have cards I haven't seen before. kuul.

One Small Island
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 30, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby One Small Island » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:58 pm

My collection; entitled True Destruction features but a single card, representing a player who taught us all about the true joys destruction can bring.
Generally Retired
They//Them
Trying to find peace and enjoyment in the game again.

Enewetak
Civil Servant

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Enewetak » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:50 am

One Small Island wrote:My collection; entitled True Destruction features but a single card, representing a player who taught us all about the true joys destruction can bring.

:blink: For those of us not in the know, would you mind sharing the backstory?

Animu Place
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 10, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Animu Place » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:20 pm

Destructive Government Economic System
Minister

Founded: Jun 15, 2017
Corporate Police State

Postby Destructive Government Economic System » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:49 pm

Enewetak wrote:
One Small Island wrote:My collection; entitled True Destruction features but a single card, representing a player who taught us all about the true joys destruction can bring.

:blink: For those of us not in the know, would you mind sharing the backstory?

They ejected over 250+ members from a single region
"All I wish is to see the world burn."
-The Great Uniter and Beast of the DGES
(By the way, the DGES is a servant to DEAREST LEADER of Psychotic Dictatorships.)
Just your typical guy who wants to have fun. Don't take this nation seriously,
ever.
I DO NOT use NS stats!
Keshiland literally wrote:I would give it a no. A country that lies about how free, or how great, or how humanitarian it is can never be developed. Example, NK lies and says they are democratic and are not, the US lies and says we are free yet we incarcerate millions for a medical plant. See we are basically a larger more populated North Korea.

Arichia
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Arichia » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:20 pm

Enewetak wrote:
Arichia wrote:Here's my first entry ever: Nuclear War: https://www.nationstates.net/page=deck/collection=29313

What you're creative at is finding themed cards. I like your collection because you have cards I haven't seen before. kuul.

Thanks! I just searched related words to "nuke". Though, many of the nations I found were puppets made before N-Day and thus didn't have cards. So, you can just search up words like, "nuclear", "bomb", "atomic" and other words of the sort.

Cirrus Azale
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 21, 2019
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Cirrus Azale » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:13 pm

Here’s my terrible collection. It won’t beat Las Pinas, but it’s an attempt. Had to keep it on my puppet.
https://www.nationstates.net/page=deck/collection=29964
Oxygen, Pizza, Libertarian, Chocolate Milk, AFFORDABLE, not free, healthcare, equality, and on a way off note, Life.
People being mean to anyone based on who they are or what they believe, defenders getting commendations for the sole region they do a ton of defending, those idiots at the drive-thru who take way too long to place their order.
First place winner of the first Tea House of cards
Cards Communitea contest.
MP of Thaecia
Ambassador to Force
Possible Narcissist.
Thinking of writing SC resolutions
Always open to TGs!
Massive amount of contempt for the SC resolution Commend Common Territories.
Why hello there! Thanks for reading my signature!
Adventure Time is the best show ever, don’t @ me.
[he/him]
“It’s all OOC?”
“Always Hazbin. Hotel.”

Enewetak
Civil Servant

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Enewetak » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:37 pm

Destructive Government Economic System wrote:They ejected over 250+ members from a single region

Thanks, especially for the links! That's a lot for a PCR but when I think about the wars in NS's early years over the delegacies in the GCRs . . .

Yip Man
Secretary

Founded: Dec 12, 2012
Corporate Police State

Postby Yip Man » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:14 am

For September 2020 I’d like to try my luck with my collection entitled:

N-Day
Last edited by Yip Man on Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Yip Man

My political compass:
Economic Left/Right: -5.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.18

Authoritaria-Imperia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 06, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Authoritaria-Imperia » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:30 pm

If it's not too late, I'd like to toss in my own little N-day collection: Having a Blast on N-Day! (I meant to submit this earlier, and now I can't rename it or else it'll look like I've updated the collection…) It's all about explosions, nuclear apocalypses, and places of refuge from the nuclear storm.
Last edited by Authoritaria-Imperia on Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thanks to all the first responders working to fight off this pandemic! Folks, you can make a donation here.

Praeceps
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Praeceps » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:20 pm

Authoritaria-Imperia wrote:If it's not too late, I'd like to toss in my own little N-day collection: Having a Blast on N-Day! (I meant to submit this earlier, and now I can't rename it or else it'll look like I've updated the collection…) It's all about explosions, nuclear apocalypses, and places of refuge from the nuclear storm.

Given that the collection was made prior to the month concluding, I'll permit it. However, I'd strongly suggest just linking your collection before the month even if it isn't finished yet.

I am off to open the votes, in the meantime, I have the theme for October 2020:

Golden Brown

Animu Place
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 10, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Animu Place » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:36 am

Praeceps
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Praeceps » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:34 pm

Congratulations to Free Las Pinas for winning the Members' Choice and to Enewetak for winning the Masters' Choice. A legendary card should arrive to each of you shortly!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Trading Cards