NATION

PASSWORD

Violence Outbreak in Kenosha WI

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:20 am

Rather than using violence in their campaign to have the police defunded, wouldn't it be easier to just resign?
I report offenses if and only if they are crimes.
No footwear industry: citizens cannot afford new shoes.
High rate of Nobel prizes and other academic achievements.

Glorious Hong Kong
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Glorious Hong Kong » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:22 am

Liriena wrote:
Glorious Hong Kong wrote:Cops murder yet another man who happens to be black. Woke BLM leftists and MSM falsely paint this as a racial incident once again as if members of other races aren't murdered by cops, deepening racial divisions even further. Female BLM activists manage to spin the fact that very few women are shot by cops as "evidence" that they are somehow being ignored and therefore oppressed by eBiL wHiTeY even though it's mostly men who are being shot but nobody calls it "systemic sexism" because nobody gives a shit about men. Right-wing agitators make things worse by calling for a brutal, authoritarian crackdown on "rioters" and "terrorists". Both the "law and order" side and the "racial injustice" side are in the wrong. Meanwhile, I have to put up with Firefox renaming Master Password to Primary Password because the word "Master" supposedly denigrates black people. I live on the other side of the goddamn world and I have to put up with this stupid, racist, BLM propaganda being forced on the rest of the world.

:rofl:

I'm sorry... people are being hurt or killed by out of control police and you're whining about it because it may have led to a slight change to Firefox's wording?

I mean, it is retarded and very concerning. Woke cancel culture continues to spread its tentacles online thanks to racist BLM ideology.

Did you take this thread as an invitation to see how sheltered and out of touch you could make yourself look?

I also condemned police brutality and jackbooted authoritarianism in the very post you criticize. This kind of shit also happens in HK. I'm also proud of my upper-middle-class upbringing and I fully and shamelessly acknowledge my economic privilege. Nobody can guilt me into thinking otherwise.

Also, your initial argument is a strawman. BLM activists have never denied that police also kill non-black people. The problem is the disproportion, and everything surrounding it. Police shootings of black people exist in a wider context of systemic racism which has been objectively, statistically demonstrated on multiple levels of the criminal justice system.

They don't explicitly deny it, but they sure as hell gloss over or downplay it. Disproportion, as I've argued before, doesn't prove shit. What about ZIP code? What about income disparities? What about all these other confounding variables identitarians purposely ignore because it's so much simpler and much more politically expedient just to point and yell "racist" and scapegoat an entire race of people, namely white people? ALL white people? Collective punishment is a war crime according to the Geneva Conventions, even if such groups are historically privileged.

BLM activists are not calling for justice. They are calling for revenge. Being historically privileged doesn't legitimize enacting vindictive measures such as "affirmative action" and "reparations" to bring an entire race of people down a notch. It's still racist and it's still disgusting no matter how they try to spin it with their racism = power + prejudice BS. BLM supporters are mostly not rioters and looters, but they might as well be.
Last edited by Glorious Hong Kong on Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
LIBERATE HONG KONG. REVOLUTION OF OUR TIMES. CCP DELENDA EST.
VIVE LE FRANCE. JE SUIS SAMUEL PATY. I STAND WITH EUROPE AND ISRAEL AGAINST RADICAL ISLAM.
ALL LIVES MATTER.
Wuhan coronavirus is racist but Japanese encephalitis is A-OK. The CCP has nothing to do with this double standard whatsoever. Nothing to see here.
The case against communism
Definition of radical Islam

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:25 am

Glorious Hong Kong wrote:
Liriena wrote: :rofl:

I'm sorry... people are being hurt or killed by out of control police and you're whining about it because it may have led to a slight change to Firefox's wording?

I mean, it is retarded and very concerning. Woke cancel culture continues to spread its tentacles online thanks to racist BLM ideology.

If you continue to use Firefox despite their woke messaging, you are giving up the tiny amount of power you do have to oppose it.

Just use another browser and stop the futile whining. It's their browser they can call the password whatever they want!

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:58 am

Again? Shit like this has made me go from very pro police, there was a time where I thought about being a cop, to now being extremely anti-police.

Way go guys you’re turning your own supporters against y’all
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:59 am

Glorious Hong Kong wrote:Cops murder yet another man who happens to be black. Woke BLM leftists and MSM falsely paint this as a racial incident once again as if members of other races aren't murdered by cops, deepening racial divisions even further. Female BLM activists manage to spin the fact that very few women are shot by cops as "evidence" that they are somehow being ignored and therefore oppressed by eBiL wHiTeY even though it's mostly men who are being shot but nobody calls it "systemic sexism" because nobody gives a shit about men. Right-wing agitators make things worse by calling for a brutal, authoritarian crackdown on "rioters" and "terrorists". Both the "law and order" side and the "racial injustice" side are in the wrong. Meanwhile, I have to put up with Firefox renaming Master Password to Primary Password because the word "Master" supposedly denigrates black people. I live on the other side of the goddamn world and I have to put up with this stupid, racist, BLM propaganda being forced on the rest of the world.

Um no the BLM actually said that cops where out of control when the cops murdered that white guy in Arizona for exercising his second amendment rights
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Loben III
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 06, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Loben III » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:04 am

Thermodolia wrote:

Um no the BLM actually said that cops where out of control when the cops murdered that white guy in Arizona for exercising his second amendment rights

Here I am thinking that BLM had a decentralized structure so how are they giving a statement?
Abandon your jobs
Abandon your posts
Abandon your homes
Abandon all hope

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:05 am

Great, absolutely great, thats all america needed was another incident like this. Fucking hell.

Nazeroth wrote:
Liriena wrote:BLM hasn't called for ethnic cleansing. Richard Spencer has. If this is the prelude to a civil war, only the side you've chosen to be on is actively threatening the survival of entire ethnic groups.

Congrats, Nazeroth. You were recruited by a white supremacist movement, and all because you were incapable of putting a single iota of genuinely critical thought into your emotional affinity for their ideological narrative.

Please, be sure to tell us how it all turned out for your oh-so-precious survivial when you get caught trying to shoot up a synagogue to save the white race.

I never “sided” with richard spencer i said that a ethnic/racial split of america would prove him right. Jeeze your so triggered right now. Are you bashing your keyboard?

Jesus christ stop acting like a child.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:07 am

The Greater Ohio Valley wrote:Given the text description of the incident, this seems like clear cut attempted murder to me. Lock the offending officer up and put him on trial.

Washington Resistance Army wrote:
Almost certainly.

It's only a certainty if you're wanting it to be a certainty, which you seem to be.

WRA is right though. We are heading for a civil war. It’s going to happen. Not right now. Not for at least a few years. But it’s going to happen unless we take drastic changes.

And removing “racist” food labels and words from things isn’t drastic change. All that is, is tokenism and amounts to rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. No real change involves stripping the police of their ability to act like thugs. Real change is the end of civil forfeiture, real change is the end of this demented capitalist system
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:09 am

Loben III wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Um no the BLM actually said that cops where out of control when the cops murdered that white guy in Arizona for exercising his second amendment rights

Here I am thinking that BLM had a decentralized structure so how are they giving a statement?

Well the group didn’t but the leading voices of the movement definitely did
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Glorious Hong Kong
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Glorious Hong Kong » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:10 am

Liriena wrote:
I wouldn't really say there's no existential danger to anyone, pretty much everyone in the States nowadays is at risk of getting attacked cuz of their skin color.

Shit I actually know a guy who's about my age (mid 20's) and is pretty decidedly a liberal anti-Trump type who got the shit kicked out of him by a bunch of BLM supporters last month cuz he was white. Needless to say his views on things have started to change, and I'm sure he's not the only one, for better or worse.

I don't blame him, but I hope against hope that what happened to him won't make him impervious to what the good people who make up the vast majority of BLM might have to say, and that they might listen to him in return.

That is the sort of situation that calls for a lot of shared empathy.

"All races are equal, but some are more equal than others."

"But but we never said we don't care about white suspects being shot by bad cops!"

Shared empathy. Communist logic. :rofl:

I will admit, though, that I slightly misspoke when I claimed that BLM supporters are more obsessed with getting revenge against white people rather than simply calling for justice. I'll edit my earlier post to reflect this. They are calling for justice of sorts, against the police and against a fundamentally broken criminal injustice system that singles out the economically disenfranchised and ignored, many of whom coincidentally happen to be black or brown. Kenosha PD deserves EVERYTHING that's being thrown their way and I have ZERO sympathy for them. I also support BLM protesters as protesters even if I may disagree with some of what they're saying. I'm not going to call for their cancellation from society via bullets fired by security officers. This is not Tiananmen Square.
VIVE LE FRANCE. JE SUIS SAMUEL PATY. I STAND WITH EUROPE AND ISRAEL AGAINST RADICAL ISLAM.
ALL LIVES MATTER.
Wuhan coronavirus is racist but Japanese encephalitis is A-OK. The CCP has nothing to do with this double standard whatsoever. Nothing to see here.

Loben III
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 06, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Loben III » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:14 am

Any riots in Kenosha at the moment?
Abandon your jobs
Abandon your posts
Abandon your homes
Abandon all hope

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:14 am

Thank God the shooting victim is still alive. I dont blame people for being pissed off as fuck considering how there's always a police shooting and the police say it was "self defense" even when anyone with common sense knows it ain't.
Leftist, commie and Antifa Guy. Democratic Confederalist, Anti-racist

"The devil is out there. Hiding behind every corner and in every nook and cranny. In all of the dives, all over the city. Before you lays an entire world of enemies, and at day's end when the chips are down, we're a society of strangers. You cant walk by someone on the street anymore without crossing the road to get away from their stare. Welcome to the Twilight Zone. The land of plague and shadow. Nothing innocent survives this world. If it can't corrupt you, it'll kill you."

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:14 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:Great, absolutely great, thats all america needed was another incident like this. Fucking hell.

Nazeroth wrote:

I never “sided” with richard spencer i said that a ethnic/racial split of america would prove him right. Jeeze your so triggered right now. Are you bashing your keyboard?

Jesus christ stop acting like a child.

Unfortunately he’s not wrong. We are cruising very fast towards an all out race war which is going to end with the genocide of a lot of people.

IdPol is not helping at all. The poor black man has more in common with the poor white man than they have with their rich counterparts. All IdPol is doing is aiding the white nats/supremacists in their quest for racial domination.
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:17 am

Liriena wrote:Can you seriously not tell that you're allowing yourself to be radicalized?

There is no existential danger to you right now (other than climate change, the rona and the latest collapse of global capitalism, of course). What you're essentially saying is that you are preemptively psyching yourself up for fighting a race war on the white supremacists' side. White supremacists have given you a predetermined ideological narrative, a fantasy, and you're allowing it to warp your perception of the present and get you in a Turner Diaries mood.

Do you realize the meaning of what you just said? What it would look like if it came to be? You're talking about participating in a genocide. Are you really convinced that participating in a genocide is going to be a necessity for your survivial?

I wouldn't really say there's no existential danger to anyone, pretty much everyone in the States nowadays is at risk of getting attacked cuz of their skin color.

Shit I actually know a guy who's about my age (mid 20's) and is pretty decidedly a liberal anti-Trump type who got the shit kicked out of him by a bunch of BLM supporters last month cuz he was white. Needless to say his views on things have started to change, and I'm sure he's not the only one, for better or worse.

I used to have fair skin and red hair as a child before good old puberty set in and a little black boy attacked me and called me "white loaf." And my ninth grade world history teacher was attacked by a bunch of black kids when he was young because of his skintone. We like to talk about racism against minorities and we should, but racism isn't a one way street. It can happen to anyone.

"The devil is out there. Hiding behind every corner and in every nook and cranny. In all of the dives, all over the city. Before you lays an entire world of enemies, and at day's end when the chips are down, we're a society of strangers. You cant walk by someone on the street anymore without crossing the road to get away from their stare. Welcome to the Twilight Zone. The land of plague and shadow. Nothing innocent survives this world. If it can't corrupt you, it'll kill you."

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:17 am

Borderlands of Rojava wrote:Thank God the shooting victim is still alive. I dont blame people for being pissed off as fuck considering how there's always a police shooting and the police say it was "self defense" even when anyone with common sense knows it ain't.

The police need to be seriously retrained. And I’m for gun control, controlling what guns the police get to use that is. The police shouldn’t have more than a six shooter and a shotgun. Outside of that it’s tasers for all
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:18 am

Nazeroth wrote:
I don't expect it to happen right away but there are far too many political, religious, racial and class tensions in the US for it remain together forever. Once the Boomers and Gen X are gone is when it's going to get truly bad imo.

Yugoslavia the fucked up part is it will be along racial ethnic lines and the whole “muh racism” arguement will just prove richard spencer right

How will it prove him right? What even is the muh racism argument?

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:19 am

Borderlands of Rojava wrote:

I used to have fair skin and red hair as a child before good old puberty set in and a little black boy attacked me and called me "white loaf." And my ninth grade world history teacher was attacked by a bunch of black kids when he was young because of his skintone. We like to talk about racism against minorities and we should, but racism isn't a one way street. It can happen to anyone.

Being a racial minority just in that area, perhaps?

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:22 am

Liriena wrote: :rofl:

Did you take this thread as an invitation to see how sheltered and out of touch you could make yourself look?

I also condemned police brutality and jackbooted authoritarianism in the very post you criticize. This kind of shit also happens in HK. I'm also proud of my upper-middle-class upbringing and I fully and shamelessly acknowledge my economic privilege. Nobody can guilt me into thinking otherwise.

Also, your initial argument is a strawman. BLM activists have never denied that police also kill non-black people. The problem is the disproportion, and everything surrounding it. Police shootings of black people exist in a wider context of systemic racism which has been objectively, statistically demonstrated on multiple levels of the criminal justice system.

They don't explicitly deny it, but they sure as hell gloss over or downplay it. Disproportion, as I've argued before, doesn't prove shit. What about ZIP code? What about income disparities? What about all these other confounding variables identitarians purposely ignore because it's so much simpler and much more politically expedient just to point and yell "racist" and scapegoat an entire race of people, namely white people? ALL white people? Collective punishment is a war crime according to the Geneva Conventions, even if such groups are historically privileged.

BLM activists are not calling for justice. They are calling for revenge. Being historically privileged doesn't legitimize enacting vindictive measures such as "affirmative action" and "reparations" to bring an entire race of people down a notch. It's still racist and it's still disgusting no matter how they try to spin it with their racism = power + prejudice BS. BLM supporters are mostly not rioters and looters, but they might as well be.

So in trying to find a way to criticise the BLM protests that can't also be turned against the HK protests you settle on a large selection of strawmen.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Glorious Hong Kong
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Glorious Hong Kong » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:28 am

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:

If you continue to use Firefox despite their woke messaging, you are giving up the tiny amount of power you do have to oppose it.

Just use another browser and stop the futile whining. It's their browser they can call the password whatever they want!

Sure they can, and sure, it's not as a big a deal than if they had fired someone for posting anti-CCP tweets in support of HK. While it leaves a bad taste in my mouth, it doesn't cross that red line for me that I have to boycott Firefox. It's just a harmless name change and I won't fault anyone for saying "Primary password" because tolerance goes both ways, but the reasoning behind it is woke BS. As for using an alternative browser, Google has behaved in a similar fashion what with their firing of James Damore over an internal memo that somehow got leaked to the public. When more and more of the companies and services I personally use and subscribe to begin to parrot the same woke nonsense ad nauseam because of some protests on the other side of the world that are partly on point about police brutality, impunity, and systemic injustice, and partly ideologically confused racial, identitarian, intersectional dogma that would make white supremacist Richard Spencer look like Nelson Mandela, there really isn't much room for "choice". But web browsers and the internet aren't the topic here.
ALL LIVES MATTER.

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:36 am

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
Borderlands of Rojava wrote:

Being a racial minority just in that area, perhaps?

Black folks aren't the racial majority anywhere in Macomb County. There are areas here with larger numbers of black folks (every community on the Gratiot corridor south of M-59 is between 15 and 40% black), but nowhere in the county is over 50% African american. Not surprising since this county basically served as a safe space from black people in the mid to late 20th century. It failed but they sure did try.

Chan Island
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Chan Island » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:38 am

Abhorrent, and there is nothing I can see that possibly justifies that officer in the video. Hope they get very severely punished for that.

What I expected to see in this thread: Discussion about police brutality and BLM.

What I got: A guy fantasising about joining Richard Spencer on a merry race war and a guy raging about the protests changing a minor aspect of his browser. And everyone else getting angry at them (not unjustly).

Stay classy NS.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=513597&p=39401766#p39401766
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

Ifreann
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Ifreann » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:38 am

Cops can't restrain themselves from murder even when they've just lived through months of protests against cops committing murder.
He/Him

beating the devil
we never run from the devil
we never summon the devil
we never hide from from the devil
we never

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:41 am

Ifreann wrote:Cops can't restrain themselves from murder even when they've just lived through months of protests against cops committing murder.

Shit, you can have a protest against police brutality only to end up being brutalized by police, like in DC. This is why the blue lives matter crowd amazes me, cause the police don't even seem to be trying to hide how messed up they are as institutions.

SD_Film Artists
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 10, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby SD_Film Artists » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:55 am

Vassenor wrote:
Spahgetti and meatballs wrote:
1. I am Asian American.
2. I am not wrong in that BLM protests seem to be mostly an excuse to commit violence.
3. Martin Luther King Jr had a strong voice and did it without violence. He would disapprove of BLM.

This is the same MLK who described riots as the voice of the unheard?

MLK's daugter disagrees.

Also, the Belarus protests seem to be getting heard without violence.
Lurking NSG since 2005
Economic Left/Right: -2.62, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.67

When anybody preaches disunity, tries to pit one of us against each other through class warfare, race hatred, or religious intolerance, you know that person seeks to rob us of our freedom and destroy our very lives.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:56 am

Just watched the video. What the actual fuck were the police doing? If you don't want him to walk away then just restrain him, instead of doing this really weird and creepy "follow the leader" game that the two cops were playing, that eventually leads to them using excessive force as a result of not intervening sooner.
Last edited by The New California Republic on Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General