NATION

PASSWORD

Put main factbook here if YN started as Alternate History

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
American Liberty States
Secretary

Founded: Aug 06, 2020
Ex-Nation

Put main factbook here if YN started as Alternate History

Postby American Liberty States » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:30 pm

I've noticed most nations have their origins in the future. Since history up to now is more universally familiar, a place to see where your nation's history began in our past timeline and how it diverges. Perhaps give a brief description and have your factbook collapsed as a spoiler.

Here is my nation that is brand new and very much a WIP: The Confederacy of American Liberty States, birthed via revolution and succeeding the USA in 1913. In 2020, eastern states and coasts are highly urbanized but the landscape of western states remained mostly untouched by civilization.

History and Principles
Established at the end of the 2nd American Revolution (1910-1913) (caused by progress of the tyrannical 16th and 17th Amendments) by the victorious Anti-Federalist Libertarians after bloodshed from Washington DC to the Western Frontier, The Confederacy of American Liberty States is a reimagining of The United States of America that functioned via the Articles of Confederation. Thus, its constitution is similar to the AoC.

This gives the each of the states significant sovereignty, and no ruling national head of state such a President or Prime Minister. Any binding national policy (including budgets or war declaration) requires the approval of at least 80% of the states.

Established on October 5th, 1913 initially comprising of 46 states, The Confederacy of American Liberty States is currently 106 years old.

The Confederacy of American Liberty States (colloquially know as the American Confederacy), is comprised of 49 united states that principally value the individual's natural negative rights of life, liberty, and property. Thus, the numerous states generally have policies that are libertarian, pro-life, and Austrian-School capitalist. Therefore, there are very few laws here.

In the American Confederacy, an individual may without the need of governmental permission, participate in things such as: publicly carry machine guns, snort cocaine, prostitution (as long as all parties are above the state's consensual age [typically 15 or 16]), trade freely without tariffs or most taxes, ride an unregistered motorcycle, etc.. Income tax, for example, is in the process of being entirely eliminated. The currency is entirely backed by gold and silver, unencumbered by the existence of a central bank.

The confederacy's military is mustered up by each state, but joined together for the need of national defense. The American military therefore is only ever used for defense and is non-interventionist; with its size reflecting this purpose. Though the national border is managed by each state, their rules of entry are generally similar and rather open. State borders within the nation though, are entirely open and unrestricted.

Geography and Population

The confederacy's territory comprises of all the original United States of America and its territories (such as the Philippines, Panama, Puerto Rico and Cuba). It also has obtained the territories of Bermuda, Western Canada, and Greenland. As a result, the American Confederacy has the 2nd Largest Territory By Land, and 1st Largest Territory Including EEZ.

Due to the absence of public settlement and road programs, the Western states are extremely rural and rather undeveloped. Much of the western territories' landscape remains untouched by civilization. In places like the Territories of New Mexico and Arizona, you can be as far as 103 miles (166km) from a paved highway and 27 miles (44km) from any dirt road. Land is extremely cheap in the Western states and territories, but also extremely remote and isolated.

Despite the American Confederation's seemingly high population of 330 million people (3rd in the world), most of this population is found in the many megacities located on the coasts and eastern states. Due to the inaccessibility of the Western territory, population and business continue to consolidate in the mega metropolitan areas.

- "I'd never want to go Colorado, or ever leave the city for than matter. It seems almost no one else does either, considering you'd probably just get lost and die in that gigantic wilderness. Even if I did want to go there, no major airline even offers flights to there. " Karen McDougal yells above the noise of traffic, "If you try driving you'd get stuck or run out of fuel on that maze of dirt trails. It's 2020 for god's sake! How haven't we cleared the Western Frontier like the Russians did Siberia?"

- "I'm entirely happy those pompous city-slickers don't wanna go here. I would like to go to a city at least once in my life and try one of them Big Macs and fancy wireless internet I've heard about though." Nathaniel Braithwaite says on his row boat, "I heard you need a license to go fishing or hunting back East! What ludicrous tyranny."

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=ame ... ok/id=main
Last edited by American Liberty States on Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:34 pm, edited 8 times in total.
AMERICAN CONFEDERATION
Libertarian | Individualism | Pro-Life | Free Market | Representative Confederation | Non-Interventionism
Constitution Est. 1912 | 47 States | 3 Protectorates | Rotational Capital | Open Frontier | Factbook | Map

Nevertopia
Minister

Founded: May 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nevertopia » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:37 pm

lol, my nation's history starts 100yrs from present day Canada and it too has a confederate America in it. They nuked us over oil. Does that count? Is it still alternate history when its based on a future timeline of present day?
So the CCP won't let me be or let me be me so let me see, they tried to shut me down on CBC but it feels so empty without me.
Communism has failed every time its been tried.
Civilization Index: Class 9.28
Tier 7: Stellar Settler | Level 7: Wonderful Wizard | Type 7: Astro Ambassador
This nation's overview is the primary canon. For more information use NS stats.
Black Lives Matter

American Liberty States
Secretary

Founded: Aug 06, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby American Liberty States » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:42 pm

Nevertopia wrote:lol, my nation's history starts 100yrs from present day Canada and it too has a confederate America in it. They nuked us over oil. Does that count? Is it still alternate history when its based on a future timeline of present day?

The purpose here is to compare when and how our past timeline diverges, and see how different it is compared to present day. It must have strong connections to our current timeline. I guess it's ok for now, depending how many factbooks we see. If too many people does such, I'll restrict and perhaps start a new thread.
Last edited by American Liberty States on Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
AMERICAN CONFEDERATION
Libertarian | Individualism | Pro-Life | Free Market | Representative Confederation | Non-Interventionism
Constitution Est. 1912 | 47 States | 3 Protectorates | Rotational Capital | Open Frontier | Factbook | Map

Broader Confederate States
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Broader Confederate States » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:48 am

I can pin my point of divergence down to a single second: 11:13:27 AM, September 9, 2020. The day that Justice Ginsburg dies of pancreatic (I wrote liver, that was me being sleep deprived) cancer. She will at some point in 2020 or 2021, but I don't think I'm a fortune teller, so it's just a random guess pulled out from where the sun don't shine. 11:13:27 AM 9/9/20 is in a way the last second of the early 21st century, since as Trump is then free to appoint his own pick to the Supreme Court, political tensions raise even further and the country starts tearing from the seams.

After that, I'm running with a pessimistic view of Dr. al-Husseini's 2000 oil prediction, which is so far proving to be reiliable. I'm trying to make as realistic an endgame scenario America as I possibly can, so it shouldn't diverge from reality too far.

Factbook
Last edited by Broader Confederate States on Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
President: Phillip J. Morris | Location: Southern U.S., plus Puerto Rico and Alaska | Government Type: Confederation | Year: 2066 | Technology: Oil Crisis MT+ | OOC
haha аляска | Rewrite un-canned, expect it before 2021 March September 2030 maybe. | i honestly forgot basically every interaction i've had on these forums from before like july | We're proud to present...
Witty unattributed quote I'm using to pretend I'm more intelligent than I really am.
--proud to be anti-federalist--

Return to Factbooks and National Information