NATION

PASSWORD

Apocalypse: 1936 (PT/OOC/OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Wasi State
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Wasi State » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:36 am

The Felan Federation wrote:
Wasi State wrote:You do, the map shows your concentrated areas of control in that instance.

Ahm. Okay...I felt kinda small compared to Long in America whom had all the south under his control - while I looked to have barely a downtown in Berlin.

It's how the proportions are in Europe, I can always give you some more states too. I had intended for the German Civil War to be pretty multi-sided too, so also keep that in mind, I'll make a map of it eventually.
Chedastan Puppet

New Demorvian
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 19, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby New Demorvian » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:04 pm

Country/Political Group/Anarchic State: United States Armed Forces Occupation Zone of Utah
Head of State/Leader: General Douglas MacArthur
Government Type: Military Regime
Capital: Salt Lake City
National Debuffs:

Military Occupation
The United States Armed Forces Occupation Zone is fully run by the United States Armed Forces under lead of General Douglas MacArthur in an attempt to restore law and order to the State. There is a strict 9 PM to 6 AM curfew, strict rationing, and suspension of Civil Liberties. Anyone suspected of being a Mormon Extremist is sent to Green River internment camp, which is kept secret from the public to not spark a civil war. Life for the average civilian is miserable. Widespread poverty, starvation, frequent terrorist attacks by Mormon Extremists, outbreaks of both Spanish Flu and Cholera, and water and electricity are scarce. Most resources go to the Military first before they go to the civilians. The bitter civilian population is turning to other radical ideologies. There are now concerns of Communist and Longist revolts as the American First Party and Communist Party gain more support within the Occupation Zone from both civilians and troops alike. Although MacArthur is loyal to President Al Smith, he has his own goals. He knows the 1936 elections will turn out badly for America, and he knows he'll have to leave Utah when civil war erupts.

Mormon Rebels
While the Mormonist Militias have been kicked out of the towns and cities, they still linger on in the mountains of the state. They launch constant raids and attacks on Military supply depots, towns, and army bases. Bombing runs against Mormon Extremist training camps occur regularly, but new ones continues to pop up. Some Mormon Extremists factions even use child soldiers to fight the US Army. Mormon Extremist Militias occasionally raid small towns, committing atrocities against both non-Mormon civilians and captured US soldiers. Terrorist attacks by Mormon Extremists occasionally occur outside of Utah, causing damage to life and property.

GDP: ~900 Million US Dollars
Population: ~500,000
History:

When the world started to collapse from the never-ending great war and Spanish Influenza, Mormons within the state of Utah believed that the end times was immanent, and they began to radicalize. Mormon militias and political parties exploded in popularity in Utah. Utah continued to spiral into Radical Mormonism throughout the rest of the 1920s. By 1930, Radical Mormons held control of the Governorship, and Utah's seats in both the Senate and the House of Representatives. While the more moderate Mormonists were satisfied, the Mormonist militants and more radical Mormonists were not. After the inauguration of President Al Smith in 1933, radical Mormonist militants stormed the governor's office in Salt Lake City, and took over. The radical Mormon militants declared Utah as "The Holy State of Deseret", called for all Mormons to arm themselves, and declared a Crusade against the United States. The United States quickly gathered a Military strike force led by Douglas MacArthur in order to crush the Rebellion. Within 4 months, most of the State was reclaimed, and the leaders were found and executed. While most of the State was reclaimed, Mormonist Militias fled to the mountains, vowing to wage a Guerilla war against MacArthur's forces. The State was put under a permanent state of Martial Law, and any press coverage of the situation in Utah was censored, if not banned. The Green River Internment Camp is built in late 1934 to house suspected Mormon Extremists and rebellious soldiers. In 1936, Utah is poor, miserable, and dictatorial. While plans for full reintegration into the Union are on the table, events on the national level may make these plans impossible for the time being.

Map Color: Yellow

-Do Not Remove 88-
Last edited by New Demorvian on Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The Felan Federation
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Felan Federation » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:08 pm

Wasi State wrote:
The Felan Federation wrote:
Ahm. Okay...I felt kinda small compared to Long in America whom had all the south under his control - while I looked to have barely a downtown in Berlin.

It's how the proportions are in Europe, I can always give you some more states too. I had intended for the German Civil War to be pretty multi-sided too, so also keep that in mind, I'll make a map of it eventually.

Ah. Gotcha.

Beutarch
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Beutarch » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:34 pm

Tag, gonna put together an app for Israel soon.
Do you think you know me?

Dahyan
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Dahyan » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:36 pm

Colour me interested. I'm thinking of playing as the Nation of Islam, which in RL was founded in 1930.

I'd like to play them s an actual state with its own territory, however since the majority of the lands the Black separatist movement usually claims is part of the America First application here, I'm thinking of writing up an exodus of sorts of African Americans, perhaps to Haiti and the surrounding islands.

How does this sound to you, OP?
Your friendly neighbourhood Muslim Communist
Member of the Committee for Proletarian Morality

More about the Zaydi Islamic school of thought: https://imgur.com/a/I3Vy5RD
http://zaydiya.blogspot.com/2009/10/zai ... idism.html
News from the Yemeni revolutionary struggle against Saudi-led invasion: https://uprising.today/

Wasi State
Diplomat

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Wasi State » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:52 pm

Dahyan wrote:Colour me interested. I'm thinking of playing as the Nation of Islam, which in RL was founded in 1930.

I'd like to play them s an actual state with its own territory, however since the majority of the lands the Black separatist movement usually claims is part of the America First application here, I'm thinking of writing up an exodus of sorts of African Americans, perhaps to Haiti and the surrounding islands.

Sounds fine to me, and I feel you can still have a presence in the United States if you want. The party popularity of states isn't entirely absolute, just showing as an approximation of who is most popular in that particular part of the country leading up to the 1936 Election.

This is the US Election map I've made earlier yesterday showing the different party electoral politics influencing America in the first quarter of 1936. It's obviously subject to more change is just a rough draft atm.
Chedastan Puppet

Dahyan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dahyan » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:00 pm

Wasi State wrote:
Dahyan wrote:Colour me interested. I'm thinking of playing as the Nation of Islam, which in RL was founded in 1930.

Sounds fine to me, and I feel you can still have a presence in the United States if you want. The party popularity of states isn't entirely absolute, just showing as an approximation of who is most popular in that particular part of the country leading up to the 1936 Election.

This is the US Election map I've made earlier yesterday showing the different party electoral politics influencing America in the first quarter of 1936. It's obviously subject to more change is just a rough draft atm.

Ah, so the United States is still a single nation then? How would my application as the NOI in the US work then, just as a political movement?

News from the Yemeni revolutionary struggle against Saudi-led invasion: https://uprising.today/

Wasi State
Diplomat

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Wasi State » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:06 pm

Dahyan wrote:
Wasi State wrote:Sounds fine to me, and I feel you can still have a presence in the United States if you want. The party popularity of states isn't entirely absolute, just showing as an approximation of who is most popular in that particular part of the country leading up to the 1936 Election.

Ah, so the United States is still a single nation then? How would my application as the NOI in the US work then, just as a political movement?
Yeah the United States hasn't collapsed yet into a full blown Civil War, and yes NOI would count as a political movement as far the app is concerned.
Chedastan Puppet

Dahyan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dahyan » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:23 pm

Wasi State wrote:
Dahyan wrote:
Yeah the United States hasn't collapsed yet into a full blown Civil War, and yes NOI would count as a political movement as far the app is concerned.

Great, thanks for the clarification.

Dahyan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dahyan » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:34 pm

WIP, obviously.

Country/Political Group/Anarchic State(Full Name): Nation of Islam
Head of State/Leader: Master Fard Muhammad
Location: The headquarters of the Nation is located in Detroit, where Master Fard Muhammad founded the organisation in 1930. The Nation of Islam has thousands of followers across the United States, mainly amongst the urban poor in major cities such as Chicago and New York, as well as across the Deep South, especially in Georgia and Louisiana.
Government Type: Islamic governance, Black separatism, Black nationalism, New Afrika thought
Capital: Chicago
National Debuffs (Pick Two or Three):
GDP: /
Population: /
History:
Map Color:

-Do Not Remove 88-

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:06 pm

Dahyan wrote:WIP, obviously.

Country/Political Group/Anarchic State(Full Name): Nation of Islam
Head of State/Leader: Master Fard Muhammad
Location: The headquarters of the Nation is located in Detroit, where Master Fard Muhammad founded the organisation in 1930. The Nation of Islam has thousands of followers across the United States, mainly amongst the urban poor in major cities such as Chicago and New York, as well as across the Deep South, especially in Georgia and Louisiana.
Government Type: Islamic governance, Black separatism, Black nationalism, New Afrika thought
Capital: Chicago
GDP: /
Population: /
History:
Map Color:

-Do Not Remove 88-

Interesting faction. That's for sure.
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

Wasi State
Diplomat

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Wasi State » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:23 pm

Here's the German Civil War map btw, subject to changes of course.
Chedastan Puppet

Beutarch
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Beutarch » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:47 pm

Leaders:
    President and Prime Minister Ye'ev Jabotinsky (Israelis)
      Brigadier Orde Wingate (Expatriates)
      Grand Mufti Amin al-Husseini (Arabs)
Government Type: Authoritarian Democracy
Capital: Jerusalem
  • Palestinian Intifada - Since the formation of the State of Israel from the carcass of the Ottoman Empire, immigrant Jews have been at odds with Palestinian Arabs. As the influence of the British government in the region has waned, Israeli officials have resorted to oppressive and violent means to quash Arab secessionists and insurgents. The Palestinians, in turn, have largely abandoned hope of peaceful political change, with many taking up arms against the Israeli State, and many more fleeing to neighboring countries.
  • Her Majesty's Exiles - In the early years of the Great War, the Israeli coast served as a major staging point for Allied forces during their conquest of the Ottoman Empire, and after the pacification of that Empire, a large number of British divisions found themselves garrisoned in what is now Israel, fending off both Zionist and Arab militias. As the Great War raged on, large numbers of refugees fled the destruction and growing anti-Semitic sentiments of Europe. While many of them were united by the Jewish faith, a considerable minority of them were members of the British aristocracy. Most considered Israel a pit stop on the way to the Raj, but many were encouraged to stay on account of military or financial ties to the Levant. Thus, a wealthy and influential society of expatriates coalesced around Tel Aviv. In control of great economic power and in direct command of much of the military might of Israel, the goals of the British Expatriates are not always aligned with those of the State of Israel.
  • עם בונה צבא (A Folk builds An Army) - Though in violent conflict with Arabs and resentful toward the hegemonic British and French, the majority of the inhabitants of Israel constitute one of the most politically unified peoples in both the Near East and the world at large. United by religion, faced with a common enemy and the guided by the hand of Jabotinsky's benevolent despotism, Israel enjoys a degree of political stability that Europeans can only dream of. While rioters may fill the streets and British plutocrats may threaten to devalue the Shekel, the Knesset's debates remain civil and the Defense Force remains loyal.
GDP: $2,599,000,000 (Present day USD)
Population: 1,370,100
History:
    Zionists had been arriving in Palestine for decades prior to the beginning of the Great War, however the Allied invasion of the Ottoman Empire provided a new opportunity for the Zionists. Despite several early victories, notably at Gallipoli and the Dardanelles, the Ottomans proved unable to resist the allied offensive. Internally divided and militarily humiliated, the Sick Man was the first and only member of the Central Powers to capitulate to the Entente during the course of the Great War. However, the disparate peoples of the Near East would continue to resist the British and French invaders, even after Istanbul was seized. Incited by the Ottoman's declaration of holy war and incensed by the Entente's imperialist post-war designs for the region, guerillas and irregular troops would harass British and French soldiers from the Balkans to the Suez. The occupation of the Ottomans was further complicated by the inability of the Allied nations to agree on a plan to partition the region. Sykes, an Englishman, and Picot, a Frenchman, each submitted separate plans to their governments, considering them irreconcilable with the other. As the war in Europe demanded resources to be relocated from the Near East to the Western Front, the two men, and the states which they represented were forced to come to an agreement on the future of the region. After months of negotiation, the men ultimately came away with what amounted to an agreement to disagree. The post-war map of the region would be left to-be-determined, while the occupational force would be significantly reduced.

A key British victory in the agreement, however, would be the creation of a client state in Palestine. Zionists in that region numbered among the many ethnic groups that had taken up arms against the Entente's troops in order to carve out their own state and allow the free movement of their people, but unlike the numerous other groups, the Zionists had a substantial measure of political support from within the Entente. British planners had determined that the creation of a client state would take some of the weight of administering the region off of the shoulders of the Europeans, freeing up much needed men and material for the war.

With the publishing of the Balfour Declaration, Jewish paramilitaries were elevated from being potential subversives to trusted collaborators. The region was no longer considered an administrative district of the Entente, but rather a sovereign nation, Israel. Outwardly, the British wished to maintain an even hand with regard to the Arab population of the new state, but to all with eyes, it was clear that they had picked a side. The newly empowered Zionists did not skip a beat, utilizing their new position to politically segment and sequester opposition parties and organizations. British influence would restrain the Zionists from violently repressing Arabic orators and organizers, but all parties knew that this state of affairs was untenable.

Tension between the three groups came to a boiling point in the early 1930's, shortly after the Third Influenza Pandemic swept through Eurasia. To the horror of medical professionals worldwide, the immunity that had been gained during the First Pandemic and solidified during the Second was ignored by this new strain of the virus. Deadlier and more easily spread than the previous strains by a factor of three or four, the disease swept through barracks and hospitals across the world. British sources would soon claim that the disease was manufactured in a German laboratory, while the Germans contend that the Flu was a British machination.

No matter the origin of the disease, it's effects were well known. The manpower of both sides of the Great War were remarkably depleted, forcing both to reorganize their forces. Believing the end of the war to be at hand, the French convinced their allies to make one more thrust across the Western front. In order to facilitate this ill fated offensive, British logisticians siphoned more men and material from the Near Eastern theater. Large portions of the former Ottoman empire were abandoned by the Entente's troops, leaving local leaders to squabble among themselves for regional power. With Cairo especially hard hit by the Pandemic, the center of British operations in the Near East was moved to Tel Aviv. The scale of those operations, however, was significantly reduced and the Isrealis were granted substantially more autonomy from the Crown.

With the Pandemic having caused the premature deaths of many moderate political figures, nationalist and revisionist elements of the Knesset began to gain popularity. At the head of this new wave of Israeli politicians was Ze'ev Jabotinsky, a Zionist ideologue and the favorite of soldiers and militiamen across the nation. After rising to the position of Prime Minister, Jabotinsky began to consolidate his power, centralizing an unprecedented amount of the functions of state in the offices of Prime Minister and President. Jabotinsky would soon acquire the latter office, becoming the first to hold both of the state's executive offices at one time.

Perhaps the second most powerful man in Israel, Brigadier Orde Wingate is the commander of British forces in the region surrounding and encompassing Israel. Though a British officer, years of service to and hardship shared with Israel has altered the man's loyalties. A long time Zionist, many agree that Wingate would choose his Jewish comrades over his imperialist homeland. Whether or not his troops agree with his sentiments, however, is a point of contention.

Ostensibly and officially, Israel is considered a British protectorate. De facto, however, Israel has been an independent state for several years and rolling the British divisions into the Israeli Defense Force has been a long term goal of Jabotinsky since he was first elected to political office. Through Wingate's authority, Israel projects its power over a significant portion of what is nominally considered British territory. The Suez Canal, most notably, is protected by men under Wingate's command.

Map Color: We've already got a couple blue states, so maybe a purple color?

-Do Not Remove 88-

That's my app done! I was inspired by Plzen's maps, so I tried my hand at making something similar.
Do you think you know me?

Wasi State
Diplomat

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Wasi State » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:53 pm

Beutarch wrote:
Leaders:
    President and Prime Minister Ye'ev Jabotinsky (Israelis)
      Brigadier Orde Wingate (Expatriates)
      Grand Mufti Amin al-Husseini (Arabs)
Government Type: Authoritarian Democracy
Capital: Jerusalem
  • Palestinian Intifada - Since the formation of the State of Israel from the carcass of the Ottoman Empire, immigrant Jews have been at odds with Palestinian Arabs. As the influence of the British government in the region has waned, Israeli officials have resorted to oppressive and violent means to quash Arab secessionists and insurgents. The Palestinians, in turn, have largely abandoned hope of peaceful political change, with many taking up arms against the Israeli State, and many more fleeing to neighboring countries.
  • Her Majesty's Exiles - In the early years of the Great War, the Israeli coast served as a major staging point for Allied forces during their conquest of the Ottoman Empire, and after the pacification of that Empire, a large number of British divisions found themselves garrisoned in what is now Israel, fending off both Zionist and Arab militias. As the Great War raged on, large numbers of refugees fled the destruction and growing anti-Semitic sentiments of Europe. While many of them were united by the Jewish faith, a considerable minority of them were members of the British aristocracy. Most considered Israel a pit stop on the way to the Raj, but many were encouraged to stay on account of military or financial ties to the Levant. Thus, a wealthy and influential society of expatriates coalesced around Tel Aviv. In control of great economic power and in direct command of much of the military might of Israel, the goals of the British Expatriates are not always aligned with those of the State of Israel.
  • עם בונה צבא (A Folk builds An Army) - Though in violent conflict with Arabs and resentful toward the hegemonic British and French, the majority of the inhabitants of Israel constitute one of the most politically unified peoples in both the Near East and the world at large. United by religion, faced with a common enemy and the guided by the hand of Jabotinsky's benevolent despotism, Israel enjoys a degree of political stability that Europeans can only dream of. While rioters may fill the streets and British plutocrats may threaten to devalue the Shekel, the Knesset's debates remain civil and the Defense Force remains loyal.
GDP: $2,599,000,000 (Present day USD)
Population: 1,370,100
History:
    Zionists had been arriving in Palestine for decades prior to the beginning of the Great War, however the Allied invasion of the Ottoman Empire provided a new opportunity for the Zionists. Despite several early victories, notably at Gallipoli and the Dardanelles, the Ottomans proved unable to resist the allied offensive. Internally divided and militarily humiliated, the Sick Man was the first and only member of the Central Powers to capitulate to the Entente during the course of the Great War. However, the disparate peoples of the Near East would continue to resist the British and French invaders, even after Istanbul was seized. Incited by the Ottoman's declaration of holy war and incensed by the Entente's imperialist post-war designs for the region, guerillas and irregular troops would harass British and French soldiers from the Balkans to the Suez. The occupation of the Ottomans was further complicated by the inability of the Allied nations to agree on a plan to partition the region. Sykes, an Englishman, and Picot, a Frenchman, each submitted separate plans to their governments, considering them irreconcilable with the other. As the war in Europe demanded resources to be relocated from the Near East to the Western Front, the two men, and the states which they represented were forced to come to an agreement on the future of the region. After months of negotiation, the men ultimately came away with what amounted to an agreement to disagree. The post-war map of the region would be left to-be-determined, while the occupational force would be significantly reduced.

A key British victory in the agreement, however, would be the creation of a client state in Palestine. Zionists in that region numbered among the many ethnic groups that had taken up arms against the Entente's troops in order to carve out their own state and allow the free movement of their people, but unlike the numerous other groups, the Zionists had a substantial measure of political support from within the Entente. British planners had determined that the creation of a client state would take some of the weight of administering the region off of the shoulders of the Europeans, freeing up much needed men and material for the war.

With the publishing of the Balfour Declaration, Jewish paramilitaries were elevated from being potential subversives to trusted collaborators. The region was no longer considered an administrative district of the Entente, but rather a sovereign nation, Israel. Outwardly, the British wished to maintain an even hand with regard to the Arab population of the new state, but to all with eyes, it was clear that they had picked a side. The newly empowered Zionists did not skip a beat, utilizing their new position to politically segment and sequester opposition parties and organizations. British influence would restrain the Zionists from violently repressing Arabic orators and organizers, but all parties knew that this state of affairs was untenable.

Tension between the three groups came to a boiling point in the early 1930's, shortly after the Third Influenza Pandemic swept through Eurasia. To the horror of medical professionals worldwide, the immunity that had been gained during the First Pandemic and solidified during the Second was ignored by this new strain of the virus. Deadlier and more easily spread than the previous strains by a factor of three or four, the disease swept through barracks and hospitals across the world. British sources would soon claim that the disease was manufactured in a German laboratory, while the Germans contend that the Flu was a British machination.

No matter the origin of the disease, it's effects were well known. The manpower of both sides of the Great War were remarkably depleted, forcing both to reorganize their forces. Believing the end of the war to be at hand, the French convinced their allies to make one more thrust across the Western front. In order to facilitate this ill fated offensive, British logisticians siphoned more men and material from the Near Eastern theater. Large portions of the former Ottoman empire were abandoned by the Entente's troops, leaving local leaders to squabble among themselves for regional power. With Cairo especially hard hit by the Pandemic, the center of British operations in the Near East was moved to Tel Aviv. The scale of those operations, however, was significantly reduced and the Isrealis were granted substantially more autonomy from the Crown.

With the Pandemic having caused the premature deaths of many moderate political figures, nationalist and revisionist elements of the Knesset began to gain popularity. At the head of this new wave of Israeli politicians was Ze'ev Jabotinsky, a Zionist ideologue and the favorite of soldiers and militiamen across the nation. After rising to the position of Prime Minister, Jabotinsky began to consolidate his power, centralizing an unprecedented amount of the functions of state in the offices of Prime Minister and President. Jabotinsky would soon acquire the latter office, becoming the first to hold both of the state's executive offices at one time.

Perhaps the second most powerful man in Israel, Brigadier Orde Wingate is the commander of British forces in the region surrounding and encompassing Israel. Though a British officer, years of service to and hardship shared with Israel has altered the man's loyalties. A long time Zionist, many agree that Wingate would choose his Jewish comrades over his imperialist homeland. Whether or not his troops agree with his sentiments, however, is a point of contention.

Ostensibly and officially, Israel is considered a British protectorate. De facto, however, Israel has been an independent state for several years and rolling the British divisions into the Israeli Defense Force has been a long term goal of Jabotinsky since he was first elected to political office. Through Wingate's authority, Israel projects its power over a significant portion of what is nominally considered British territory. The Suez Canal, most notably, is protected by men under Wingate's command.

Map Color: We've already got a couple blue states, so maybe a purple color?

-Do Not Remove 88-

That's my app done! I was inspired by Plzen's maps, so I tried my hand at making something similar.

I'm liking the idea of this, Accepted.
Chedastan Puppet

Monsone
Minister

Founded: Apr 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:12 pm

Great. Now Kerensky is trying to fight back in the IC. It's kinda funny actually. Anyhow, I did some research on Nizhny Novgorod (both the city and the province), and it seems that the region of Nizhny Novgorod was prety pro-Soviet IRL because of the heavy industrialization of the area. What I'm getting at with this is the possibility of maybe Nizhny Novgorod falling to the Soviets peacefully because of pro-Soviet sentiment. OP, your thoughts?
Mohn-sohn-eh

Nuclear Power, Electric Vehicles, Single-Payer Universal Healthcare, High-Speed Rail, Social Services, Public Transit, Social Democracy, and Social Democracy.

Wasi State
Diplomat

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Wasi State » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:22 pm

Monsone wrote:Great. Now Kerensky is trying to fight back in the IC. It's kinda funny actually. Anyhow, I did some research on Nizhny Novgorod (both the city and the province), and it seems that the region of Nizhny Novgorod was prety pro-Soviet IRL because of the heavy industrialization of the area. What I'm getting at with this is the possibility of maybe Nizhny Novgorod falling to the Soviets peacefully because of pro-Soviet sentiment. OP, your thoughts?

Can't blame the man for trying :p .

And yeah you'll get some Soviet-esque Warlords to integrate with, Nizhny Novgorod being one to likely fold. But their idea of a Soviet Union might end up clashing with Stalin's view despite having some of the same principles, their interpretations will be different and perhaps seen as unorthodox by him.
Chedastan Puppet

Flowerdell
Envoy

Founded: Oct 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Flowerdell » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:26 pm

Just a quick question, how should I handle the role of the British government? Since IC I am making demands of it etc.

Flowerdell
Envoy

Founded: Oct 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Flowerdell » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:28 pm

Oh, apologies, only now just saw the post.

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:28 pm

Wasi State wrote:
Monsone wrote:Great. Now Kerensky is trying to fight back in the IC. It's kinda funny actually. Anyhow, I did some research on Nizhny Novgorod (both the city and the province), and it seems that the region of Nizhny Novgorod was prety pro-Soviet IRL because of the heavy industrialization of the area. What I'm getting at with this is the possibility of maybe Nizhny Novgorod falling to the Soviets peacefully because of pro-Soviet sentiment. OP, your thoughts?

Can't blame the man for trying :p .

And yeah you'll get some Soviet-esque Warlords to integrate with, Nizhny Novgorod being one to likely fold. But their idea of a Soviet Union might end up clashing with Stalin's view despite having some of the same principles, their interpretations will be different and perhaps seen as unorthodox by him.

Well, what I meant is the city would fall peacefully, and all would be good until the warlords speak up and state their opinion, and by then Stalin would send the NKVD in to crush any opposition. Of course the first few hours and even days might be peaceful since the celebrations of joining the USSR would overshadown any problems, but by the end of the first week, the dark side would emerge and the NKVD would likely take out any opposition. But by that time, it would be too late to fight back and declare independence again.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Nuclear Power, Electric Vehicles, Single-Payer Universal Healthcare, High-Speed Rail, Social Services, Public Transit, Social Democracy, and Social Democracy.

Wasi State
Diplomat

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Wasi State » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:31 pm

Monsone wrote:
Wasi State wrote:Can't blame the man for trying :p .

Well, what I meant is the city would fall peacefully, and all would be good until the warlords speak up and state their opinion, and by then Stalin would send the NKVD in to crush any opposition. Of course the first few hours and even days might be peaceful since the celebrations of joining the USSR would overshadown any problems, but by the end of the first week, the dark side would emerge and the NKVD would likely take out any opposition. But by that time, it would be too late to fight back and declare independence again.

This is an option to deal with them, but note that word might end up breaking out about the NKVD's harsh actions that'll draw other Soviet Warlords away from Stalin if they realize his true tyrannical nature.
Chedastan Puppet

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:33 pm

Wasi State wrote:
Monsone wrote:

This is an option to deal with them, but note that word might end up breaking out about the NKVD's harsh actions that'll draw other Soviet Warlords away from Stalin if they realize his true tyrannical nature.

Good point. Eh, I'll go on a case by case basis for pro-Soviet warlords. If they're loyal to Stalin, then there would be few problems. If they aren't, that's a different story.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Strala
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Strala » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:34 pm

Wasi State wrote:
Monsone wrote:

Then Comrade Stalin has no need to negotiate with these traitors and revisionists. They will either submit willing or will be crushed by the hammer of the Revolution!

Wasi State
Diplomat

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Wasi State » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:36 pm

Monsone wrote:
Wasi State wrote:This is an option to deal with them, but note that word might end up breaking out about the NKVD's harsh actions that'll draw other Soviet Warlords away from Stalin if they realize his true tyrannical nature.

Good point. Eh, I'll go on a case by case basis for pro-Soviet warlords. If they're loyal to Stalin, then there would be few problems. If they aren't, that's a different story.

Yup, every Warlord is different, some will be more easier or difficult for Stalin to handle integrating, it's safe to roll some dice each time when that happens.
Chedastan Puppet

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:37 pm

Strala wrote:
Wasi State wrote:This is an option to deal with them, but note that word might end up breaking out about the NKVD's harsh actions that'll draw other Soviet Warlords away from Stalin if they realize his true tyrannical nature.

Then Comrade Stalin has no need to negotiate with these traitors and revisionists. They will either submit willing or will be crushed by the hammer of the Revolution!

Hammer...more like...

Mohn-sohn-eh

Strala
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Strala » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:39 pm

Monsone wrote:
Strala wrote:Then Comrade Stalin has no need to negotiate with these traitors and revisionists. They will either submit willing or will be crushed by the hammer of the Revolution!

Hammer...more like...

Quick question. What is Stalin's views on Mao Zedong and the Chinese Soviet Republic? What about the USSR's?
Last edited by Strala on Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse