NATION

PASSWORD

Confederation of Corrupt Dictators: Ultimate Gameplay Thread

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

WayNeacTia
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:53 pm

The Church of Satan wrote:
Jocospor wrote:You're a very poor judge of talent if you think anything on NationStates is more amusing than *Robin Williams.

I hate to agree with Jocospor but he's right. Robin Williams is a comedy legend. NS will never reach the same level of funny as he did. Try someone more realistic. Carrot Top might be more applicable.

To each is own I suppose. The only real move I liked him in was Good Morning Vietnam. As for Carrot Top? He has the CCD beat by a landslide.
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

Jocospor
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 24, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Imperial Council Hebdomadal Reports

Postby Jocospor » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:25 am

If the international community wasn't already aware, the Confederation Government has embarked upon various programs in an effort to appear transparent to both member states and the interregional community.

Imperial Council Hebdomadal Reports is a weekly publication that offers an introspective view into the workings of the Confederation. This is now your number one stop if you're wondering, "Hey, what's CCD's govt been up to?"

You can find the reports here: Imperial Council Hebdomadal Reports
Last edited by Jocospor on Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!
CONFEDERATION OF CORRUPT DICTATORS | IMPERIAL OFFICES
JOCOSPOR | CENTRAL IMPERIAL DIREKTORATE

The Shadow Cult is rising...

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:59 am

Jocospor wrote:If the international community wasn't already aware, the Confederation Government has embarked upon various programs in an effort to appear transparent to both member states and the interregional community.

Imperial Council Hebdomadal Reports is a weekly publication that offers an introspective view into the workings of the Confederation. This is now your number one stop if you're wondering, "Hey, what's CCD's govt been up to?"

Jocospor wrote:an effort to appear transparent
Jocospor wrote:appear
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Jocospor
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:08 am

The New California Republic wrote:
Jocospor wrote:If the international community wasn't already aware, the Confederation Government has embarked upon various programs in an effort to appear transparent to both member states and the interregional community.

Jocospor wrote:an effort to appear transparent
Jocospor wrote:appear

Oh come on :rofl: :clap:
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:23 am

Jocospor wrote:

Oh come on :rofl: :clap:

What?
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

Jocospor
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:46 am

[background=][/background]
Jocospor wrote:Oh come on :rofl: :clap:

What?

A poor choice of words on my behalf, which you turned into a neat little joke. Applause for that!

Totally not because you picked up on it.
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!

Khanbaliq Mongolia
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 14, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Khanbaliq Mongolia » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:13 am

To the Confederation,

It has been brought to the attention of the Ministry of Home Affiars, that the nation of Saskonta has behaved in breach of the Confederation's stance on heinous ideologies, that stance being one of absolutely zero tolerance.

Saskonta issued disgusting remarks in the Confederation's Discord on several separate occasions. The Ministry has thus concluded these actions to be a pattern of negative behaviours and beliefs on the part of the player behind the nation. Saskonta's words, therefore, are not considered "in-character."

The Ministry, having sort the Imperial mandate of the Shadow Cult and in conjunction with this statement, has authorised the immediate banjection of Saskonta from the region.

The Ministry is confident that the actions of Saskonta are isolated, but will continue to investigate any who sprout unconscionable rhetoric.

This statement will be widely disseminated.

Hail the Confederation!

Sir Edward Mason II HCS
Lord Director of the Ministry of Home Affairs
Office of the Imperial Council

Khanbaliq Mongolia
Confederation of Corrupt Dictators

Yohaness
Secretary

Founded: Nov 23, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby Yohaness » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:00 pm

I do understand the CCD's Anti-extremist stance to a certain extent, i do like to believe as suggested by its members that the aspect of Fascism that exists in it is only based upon the basis of RP however to a Third Party Viewer such as me, i Must admit it is Not Easy to overlook the controversy that surrounds it, it sure does ring a Bell and makes one Feel Doubtful at least in Accordance to me.

I would also Like to take this opportunity to express another opinion of Mine, before going further i wish to Mention that in saying this, in No way do i intend to endorse the CCD or its Apparent Extremism.
I have viewed the Confederation's RMB in the Past, it felt Active and Robust with Fine Roleplaying scenarios, what made me interested was that the RP, seemed to have no Boundaries, one had the Freedom to Pen Down events of Great Interest. The Rift Crisis, Youssathian Crisis, CRC Bombings and the Jocospite Wars are just an example, what the region did best was that it smoothly integrated Role Play into Gameplay, one could reserve the Capacity to start a Role Play based conflict which could go on to actually and directly affect the Administration itself, the Jocospite Wars are a Well-Lit example.
I Fear that in the Current time, the RMB has failed to sustain such Rich RP which has saddened me since that RP always grasped my interest. I am Aware that many of the Players who upheld this Tradition have either been Ejected or have Departed, perhaps some small-scale RP may still be Active but to me the Roleplay that existed not too Long ago has become a Distant Memory.

I am then reminded that this may be attributed to the shift in CCD Policy and Priorities.

I've Tried to remain as Nuetral as Possible while i Voice this opinion of Mine, i hope that you're able to take it with a Light Heart and Ignore Any Content which may Upset You.
Last edited by Yohaness on Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jocospor
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:37 pm

Yohaness wrote:I do understand the CCD's Anti-extremist stance to a certain extent, i do like to believe as suggested by its members that the aspect of Fascism that exists in it is only based upon the basis of RP however to a Third Party Viewer such as me, i Must admit it is Not Easy to overlook the controversy that surrounds it, it sure does ring a Bell and makes one Feel Doubtful at least in Accordance to me.

I would also Like to take this opportunity to express another opinion of Mine, before going further i wish to Mention that in saying this, in No way do i intend to endorse the CCD or its Apparent Extremism.
I have viewed the Confederation's RMB in the Past, it felt Active and Robust with Fine Roleplaying scenarios, what made me interested was that the RP, seemed to have no Boundaries, one had the Freedom to Pen Down events of Great Interest. The Rift Crisis, Youssathian Crisis, CRC Bombings and the Jocospite Wars are just an example, what the region did best was that it smoothly integrated Role Play into Gameplay, one could reserve the Capacity to start a Role Play based conflict which could go on to actually and directly affect the Administration itself, the Jocospite Wars are a Well-Lit example.
I Fear that in the Current time, the RMB has failed to sustain such Rich RP which has saddened me since that RP always grasped my interest. I am Aware that many of the Players who upheld this Tradition have either been Ejected or have Departed, perhaps some small-scale RP may still be Active but to me the Roleplay that existed not too Long ago has become a Distant Memory.

I am then reminded that this may be attributed to the shift in CCD Policy and Priorities.

I've Tried to remain as Nuetral as Possible while i Voice this opinion of Mine, i hope that you're able to take it with a Light Heart and Ignore Any Content which may Upset You.

It's important to remember that regions are defined by their player base. Just as we want people who IRL reject heinous ideologies, we also ideally want people who, yes, RP, since RP in CCD is GP. Recruitment, though, is a bit like a lottery: you take the numbers you get, and more often than not you don't win.

The Drew fiasco threw off a lot of our projections, and as such we're still re-calibrating. Other regions have found this, I'm sure.
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!

Yohaness
Secretary

Father Knows Best State

Postby Yohaness » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:19 am

Jocospor wrote:It's important to remember that regions are defined by their player base. Just as we want people who IRL reject heinous ideologies, we also ideally want people who, yes, RP, since RP in CCD is GP. Recruitment, though, is a bit like a lottery: you take the numbers you get, and more often than not you don't win.

The Drew fiasco threw off a lot of our projections, and as such we're still re-calibrating. Other regions have found this, I'm sure.

I agree that regions are Defined by their Player base, it is they who create its Identity and allow it to Progress Further, on this Note, i would only want to Say that i really hope that there lyes Truth in your claims that You are actively battling extremism within your region. Since i am not aware of the Workings of the CCD behind the Curtains, i cannot Wholefully Lay in my Trust. Time will only uncover the Truth.

On the Matter of the Drew fiasco, indeed it did see Thousands of Newcomers, who had no Proper Prior Knowledge, absolutely Bombard different Regions. It might really be this inexperience of theirs (which is Forgivable) that may have Led to Disruptions in different Regions. I understand your reasoning, sadly it seems to me that this happening has dented the Rich roleplaying Tradition which has for long existed.
Last edited by Yohaness on Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jocospor
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:57 am

Yohaness wrote:
Jocospor wrote:It's important to remember that regions are defined by their player base. Just as we want people who IRL reject heinous ideologies, we also ideally want people who, yes, RP, since RP in CCD is GP. Recruitment, though, is a bit like a lottery: you take the numbers you get, and more often than not you don't win.

I agree that regions are Defined by their Player base, it is they who create its Identity and allow it to Progress Further, on this Note, i would only want to Say that i really hope that there lyes Truth in your claims that You are actively battling extremism within your region. Since i am not aware of the Workings of the CCD behind the Curtains, i cannot Wholefully Lay in my Trust. Time will only uncover the Truth.

On the Matter of the Drew fiasco, indeed it diid see Thousands of Newcomers, who had no Proper Prior Knowledge, absolutely Bombard different Regions. It might really be this inexperience of theirs (which is Forgivable) that may have Led to Disruptions in different Regions. I understand your reasoning, sadly it seems to me that this happening has dented the Rich roleplaying Tradition which has for long existed.

Trust me, things are changing.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume you're German, or at least German-speaking. In English, we don't capatilse words within the sentence unless they're proper nouns. I hope that helps, if you're looking to use English more frequently :hug:
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!

Yohaness
Secretary

Father Knows Best State

Postby Yohaness » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:05 am

Jocospor wrote:Trust me, things are changing.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume you're German, or at least German-speaking. In English, we don't capatilse words within the sentence unless they're proper nouns. I hope that helps, if you're looking to use English more frequently :hug:

I really hope that things are changing and that too for the better, taking this in to consideration do you mean to accept that the CCD in the Past has Acted Wrongfully, promoted Fascism or even as Alleged Doxxed? Don't Mind what i say, i'm quite sure that you're aware that the region which you Lead has left behind a questionable Past, before i stop posting on this Forum for the sake of protecting its actual purpose, i would Like to see what you have to say.

Please be reminded that i consider myself Nuetral on the Matter of the CCD although i do thankfully have some prior knowledge of it through Personal Experience, my lack of knowledge on its other matters leave me scratching my head. Naturally what you would say is subjective and so i would take it with a pinch of salt and try to reach to my own conclusion which i do not intend to Hurry Towards.

Lastly, let me debunk your assumption, i am in no way German or German-Speaking, it has become more of an obsession on my part to capatalise words.
Pardon my grammatical errors for i am not a native speaker, thus the extent of my knowledge on it is Limited. I have however visibly improved in my Grammar as displayed by my recent activities.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:55 pm

Another day, another CCD recruitment telegram (this time presumably targeted at new WA Delegates)...
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Jocospor
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:42 pm

...And?
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!

Jocospor
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:04 pm

We announce to the interregional community that the Lord Director of the Ministry of Home Affairs, Edward Mason II of Khanbaliq Mongolia, has resigned his commission.

Until Lord Mason's successor is appointed, matters concerning the Ministry of Home Affairs will be conducted by the Imperial Offices under Depackya.
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!

Confederation State Broadcasting
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 30, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Confederation State Broadcasting » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:49 pm

Did YOU watch the recent senatorial debate between Aeioux, Deman Kalan, and Golden Impirial Utopia?

DEBATE 1 (July 2020): https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1405789

Issues like the Senate, regional activity, international affairs and others were covered.
Last edited by Confederation State Broadcasting on Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:21 pm

"All RMB posts followed the RMB Act 2020"

Read: All posters hailed the Confederation after giving their speeches
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Boda
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Boda » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:52 pm

Tinhampton wrote:"All RMB posts followed the RMB Act 2020"

Read: All posters hailed the Confederation after giving their speeches

Praise be not hail
The Order of the Grey Wardens
In War, Victory. In Peace, Vigilance. In Death, Sacrifice.

Jocospor
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:05 am

Tonight I issue the following apology to NationStates, on behalf of myself and my region:

https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1424240
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!

Dr ac
Secretary

Founded: Feb 10, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Dr ac » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:20 am

Few pointers:

1) the dispatch, much like all other media coming from CCD makes it clear you, and your region fails to make any distinction between OOC and RP resulting in a mess of conflicting messages which can generously be described as a hot mess

2) the repeal will not pass this year, this much is certain, trust is easily lost, harder to build it up

3) the repeal is also best described as self aggrandizing and for some reason includes yourself and one of your puppets, and clearly is in dire need of a draft thread next year

Sail Nation
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sail Nation » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:35 am

Jocospor wrote:Tonight I issue the following apology to NationStates, on behalf of myself and my region:

I hope that the NS community will join me in thanking you for making this apology, and accepting it, and one thing that I recommend for you and the CCD to do to help this is make it clearer to those from outside of the region that the fascist ideologies within are only IC, and not OOC. The problem is that for someone who didn't see the statement made a few months back, it appears as if the region is OOC fascist. All that is needed is a simple disclaimer in the WFE, and some info that says that RMB messages are generally IC.
Dr ac wrote: the dispatch, much like all other media coming from CCD makes it clear you, and your region fails to make any distinction between OOC and RP resulting in a mess of conflicting messages which can generously be described as a hot mess

Completely agree, this is a big problem that CCD faces. Merging the lines of IC and OOC RP/GP is dangerous, and confusing. For example: The recent dispatches about the election fraud are very confusing. Election fraud is usually something that happens OOC when someone takes things too seriously, and is then dealt with OOC. When it is IC, it is usually inside one particular nation in one particular rolepley, and is something that is addressed through RP like any other RP. The recent dispatches make it appear at first as if it is something OOC that happened between several nations, but then the way that the dispatches are written and have pictures, makes it appear as if it's an in-character event.
Former WA delegate, MP and Prime Minister in Lorania
MP in Thaecia (as Prussian Sail Nation)
Travelling nationstates (as Sail Nation Travellers), reviewing regions as I go

I'm a Christian and a Liberal. I won't enforce my beliefs on you, so please don't enforce yours on me.

Pro: Leaving things in my sig that I don't like anymore
Anti: Use of pros and antis in sigs

Jocospor
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:43 am

Dr ac wrote:Few pointers:

1) the dispatch, much like all other media coming from CCD makes it clear you, and your region fails to make any distinction between OOC and RP resulting in a mess of conflicting messages which can generously be described as a hot mess

2) the repeal will not pass this year, this much is certain, trust is easily lost, harder to build it up

3) the repeal is also best described as self aggrandizing and for some reason includes yourself and one of your puppets, and clearly is in dire need of a draft thread next year

I appreciate you taking the time to voice your concerns, but please don't forget there's been months of work leading up to and crafting my statement.

1) I took great care writing an OOC message into an IC context. If you engage with the text, the distinction can quite easily be made. The text also links the (very clearly) OOC dispatches of Shrewllamaland that were written months ago. Furthermore, my hope is that by presenting an apology in this way, NationStates will realise that RP has and always will be the focus of CCD. There are metaphoric and personal connotations to what I've written, and I hope I can be allowed to hold onto them. I have also made no IC attempt to disseminate the text to this forum.

2) No one is suggesting that it will even be submitted to the World Assembly this year. It will be submitted to the forums in exactly three months time.

3) I suppose you could interpret it like that. It's very difficult to clearly assign transgressions to an entity if you're not willing to name the entity; rather, I need to say that (a) I/me/Jocospor was wrong. As I lead CCD - and in many ways am CCD - the most genuine apology that can be offered should come from me. On the point of the puppet (that being Confederation State Broadcasting), it's a shared account, and multiple people have put money into it, including some people who the repeal does not specifically list. That's very difficult to clarify in an IC resolution, as I'm sure you can imagine.

Given that you've just criticised me in 1) for being unclear, and now in 3) I am too clear, I am not exactly sure what you'd have me do. Your individual opinion, as someone who has been a longstanding and arguably-biased critic of myself and my region, holds less weight than it otherwise might.
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:48 am

Under the Shadow Cult, Jocospor seeks only to perpetuate a dialogue of respect and cooperation between the Confederation and NationStates.

Ha. What an absolute joke. If anything the exact opposite has been the case.

Wave on, wave on

Jocospor
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:49 am

Sail Nation wrote:
Jocospor wrote:Tonight I issue the following apology to NationStates, on behalf of myself and my region:

I hope that the NS community will join me in thanking you for making this apology, and accepting it, and one thing that I recommend for you and the CCD to do to help this is make it clearer to those from outside of the region that the fascist ideologies within are only IC, and not OOC. The problem is that for someone who didn't see the statement made a few months back, it appears as if the region is OOC fascist. All that is needed is a simple disclaimer in the WFE, and some info that says that RMB messages are generally IC.
Dr ac wrote: the dispatch, much like all other media coming from CCD makes it clear you, and your region fails to make any distinction between OOC and RP resulting in a mess of conflicting messages which can generously be described as a hot mess

Completely agree, this is a big problem that CCD faces. Merging the lines of IC and OOC RP/GP is dangerous, and confusing. For example: The recent dispatches about the election fraud are very confusing. Election fraud is usually something that happens OOC when someone takes things too seriously, and is then dealt with OOC. When it is IC, it is usually inside one particular nation in one particular rolepley, and is something that is addressed through RP like any other RP. The recent dispatches make it appear at first as if it is something OOC that happened between several nations, but then the way that the dispatches are written and have pictures, makes it appear as if it's an in-character event.

Thank you, I really appreciate that. The apology is linked in our Discord and now to the WFE. We also have no region tags that would indicate fascist association. Our welcome telegram, if I recall, also includes the necessary disclaimers.

Regarding your second point, I've clarified that above for Blood Wine. In the specific event you mention (emphasis "event"), I would simply ask you how you regard something like Dungeons and Dragons. CCD is similar to that, in that I serve somewhat as a "Gamemaster" from time to time. I would also say that you're criticisms are relative to typical regional conduct in NationStates - CCD is different, and has always proudly been so! :P
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!

Jocospor
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:50 am

Under the Shadow Cult, Jocospor seeks only to perpetuate a dialogue of respect and cooperation between the Confederation and NationStates.

Ha. What an absolute joke. If anything the exact opposite has been the case.

:unsure: The Shadow Cult has only been around from the beginning-ish of this year - I think you're basing your critique of the Imperial Empire (long dead, don't panic!).
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay