NATION

PASSWORD

Red Badge of Courage: An American Civil War RP(IC)(Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tranzoria
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Tranzoria » Tue May 26, 2020 9:54 am

Bolslania wrote:
Tranzoria wrote:
Green's eyes followed where Hargrave's looked. He realized Hargrave was looking at the Tomahawk he had.

"Ah, yes, I'm partly Indian. Lenae Tribe, from New York. I joined the Union when a Dixie killed my Tribe Leader, a Cousin of mine. Anyway, sure, I'll stay with you guys with another one of my Cavalry. We have two horses we stole from those Southerns, so we can spare them to your troops, since you need more Cavalry. My friend James will go to the Commander."

James nodded and took off on his horse through the forest.

"Now, lets talk about what's ahead for you and your group. My friend is at the top of the trail guarding your troops from passing into Hell. They don't trust us, so we should go. Follow me." Green said. He walked out of the tent and went on his horse. He offered the Captain a ride.

The LIEUTENANT nodded to Hakor and said he'd return soon. He accepted the ride and went with Green to examine the situation they were going into.

"So Lieutenant, who's units are we going to be up against? Word has it that we're going up against General Longstreet."

"Longstreet is sick and is only holding on to about 40 troops. Some Dixie Artillery Captain, known for setting up small lines of defense and using them to wear the enemy down is who we are faing. He's smart and dangerous. His left flank, though is unguarded the farther you go down it, where the bridge is at. We can break the lines and go behind to destroy the few Cavalry they have and then attack the Lines."
A Naive Nation in the Bay Area of California who has fought too many wars to count. NSG's Resident Yes-man.
Raider, Writer and Rickroll Fanatic.
Recent News: Tranzoria joins Israel-Palestine discussion-promises no flaming

Pro: Choice, Democracy, Acknowledgment, PR Statehood
Anti:Terrorism, Racism, Karenism, People who pour the Milk first

Bolslania
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bolslania » Tue May 26, 2020 10:08 am

Tranzoria wrote:
Bolslania wrote:
The LIEUTENANT nodded to Hakor and said he'd return soon. He accepted the ride and went with Green to examine the situation they were going into.

"So Lieutenant, who's units are we going to be up against? Word has it that we're going up against General Longstreet."

"Longstreet is sick and is only holding on to about 40 troops. Some Dixie Artillery Captain, known for setting up small lines of defense and using them to wear the enemy down is who we are faing. He's smart and dangerous. His left flank, though is unguarded the farther you go down it, where the bridge is at. We can break the lines and go behind to destroy the few Cavalry they have and then attack the Lines."

"They have artillery station in a heavily forested hill? He cant be that smart then." Hargrave commented, cannons were scary to go up against, but if they couldnt see more than 100 yds it wouldnt be to hard to get on top of them.

"Your suggestion sounds solid, but the only way though to that part of the line is Fox's gap, but you'll have to cooperate with IX Corps to get through. Then again, Im not the commander of this unit, General Burnside is."

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 10, 2018
Corporate Police State

Postby Romextly » Tue May 26, 2020 10:17 am

I got into the Tent at 0314,just in time.
"All right Captains," the Major said, "I would like to introduce our newest Captain, John Hakor." Scattered claps. "Okay, we know that Major General D.H. Hill is holding this area.
This unit and the iron Brigade will hit them hard. We need Turner's gap to help push the Traitors back."
"Sir, we should have the sharpshooter platoon going on the mountains. Oh and we got a couple of Calvary and some reinforcements" I responded
"And sir You forget of Brigadier General Robert E. Rhodes here." Said Captain James Orgachin.
"That is true. The Sharpshooters should go on the mountains and we will send half our force to push Rhodes out."
"We got it sir. We will move out immediately."
We got a battle now. Them traitors are going to regret messing with me.

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Tue May 26, 2020 10:47 am

OOC: Battle plan is as follows:

Iron Brigade will form up as so (Left-right)

19th Indiana---2nd Wisconsin----2nd Florida----6th Wisconsin----7th Wisconsin

With the 1st Maine Cavalry behind them, who will charge Rhodes' after some skirmishing

With the 4th US Artillery providing indirect fire support.

IC:

Hargrave stood in front of his men. He was in the Front, with Companies A, F, and D on his left. Company B was on the right most edge of the 2nd Wisconsin. Captain Clark was in front of him, and Sgt. Lewis Balk was on his left with the flag. His men stood resolute before the attack. 2 minutes to attack. General Gibbon yelled out

"Iron Brigade! Fix Bayonets!" The clatter of bayonets rattled through the lines. Clark and Hargrave looked at each other in confusion. They weren't supposed to get up close. Hargrave loosened his sword in the scabbard and unclipped the strap on his revolver's holster.

"Brigade! Forwaaaard March!" Came the cry, it was carried down the line with a bugle call. The drummers started up and the men went forward at parade perfection.

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Corporate Police State

Postby Romextly » Tue May 26, 2020 11:00 am

"The Battle is starting!" A man shouted.
I cuffed him "Then get ready!" I took out my sabre and put it in my left hand and put my pistol in the right.
"Get in the firing line! Fire!"

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Tue May 26, 2020 11:04 am

The 2nd Florida opened fire to the left of him, the targets were somewhat hard to spot, but the battle flags of the enemy units were easily identifiable. Clark strode past Hargrave.

"Have first platoon hold here and fire at the enemy, im going to set up 2nd platoon and 3rd platoon staggered next to you." Hargrave nodded. He pulled out his sword and faced his men

"Hold! At the ready!"

Hospitiliars
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 26, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Hospitiliars » Tue May 26, 2020 11:06 am

Cain readied his rifle, pulled back on the hammer and waited for the fire command

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Corporate Police State

Postby Romextly » Tue May 26, 2020 11:19 am

"Ready! Aim! Fire!" Rang all around. I had my company move on to the left. A traitor came toward me and was cut down by the fire. The 2 platoons remaining in the pass went into 4 lines of 30 men. That way there will never be a gap in the firing. The remaining 20 men are to protect the flanks with bayonets. I run up to help hold the traitors off. The Iron Brigade is holding true to their name and is advancing like Iron.

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Tue May 26, 2020 11:27 am

"Take aim! 300 yards!" he watched the rifles of the 2 rank formation lower to fire.

"Steady....Steady.." With downward slash from his sword "Fire!" The thunder of 40 rifles let loose at once echoed through the hills. Hargrave pulled out his field binoculars and watched the enemy's movements. They had formed up as one and we taking aim and

"Ready!" Hargrave yelled as the bullets whizzed through his lines, screams echoed as men fell in the formation, one man fell clutching his stomach as blood welled around and through his fingers.

"1st Platoon hold steady and reload!" Hargrave yelled. A loud whistle came streaking over as the 4th artillery opened up, airburst shells fell in between the units and some exploded over the enemy, Hargrave saw rebs fall as they were struck down by shrapnel. he heard 2nd and 3rd platoon get into position as a ripple of fire came from the 19th Indiana

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Tue May 26, 2020 11:28 am

Romextly wrote:"Ready! Aim! Fire!" Rang all around. I had my company move on to the left. A traitor came toward me and was cut down by the fire. The 2 platoons remaining in the pass went into 4 lines of 30 men. That way there will never be a gap in the firing. The remaining 20 men are to protect the flanks with bayonets. I run up to help hold the traitors off. The Iron Brigade is holding true to their name and is advancing like Iron.

OOC: You are sandwiched in between me and the 6th Wisconsin, and we're about 300 yards from the confederate line

Hospitiliars
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hospitiliars » Tue May 26, 2020 12:11 pm

Cain shuddered as a man slowly and loudly bled out next to him. He heard the order to reload and began to reload. After he had put in the powder, and was preparing to ram it down, he dropped his ramrod. he bent over to pick it up and just as he did so, a bullet whizzed through where his head had just been, slamming into the guy behind him. He fell without a scream. Cain looked over his shoulder and immediately regretted it. The man behind him was laying on his back with half of his face shot away.

Cain stood up and finished reloading.

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Tue May 26, 2020 12:19 pm

"Ready! Aim! Fire!" Hargrave yelled as he looked through his field binoculars. He saw rebs fall under the volley that his platoon released. Captain Clark ran over to him.

"Gibbon just ordered the cavalry charge!" Hargrave nodded and blinked, when he opened his eyes, the captain was on the ground screaming, for a bullet had gone through his leg and come out of his shoulder.

"Captain! Damn it." He began to drag the captain back to the medical staff who ran over and picked him up. Hargrave ran back and grabbed a runner

"Boy, go tell the cavalrymen that they need to get going now or never." The boy nodded and sprinted off for the cavalry.

Hargrave ran off to tell the other platoons that the captain was hit and he was assuming command. When he got back, he saw the Floridians firing viciously. They had shifted a little to far left and were to close to his boys. He ran over and found Hakor

"Hakor! You guys need to shift right a bit! The cavalry's about to come through!" He yelled over the gunfire and explosions

Tranzoria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Red Badge of Courage RP

Postby Tranzoria » Tue May 26, 2020 12:33 pm

At that moment, as the Floridians were firing nonstop at the lines of Dixies ahead, 20 Men on horses cam through and charged with their sabres gleaming at the enemy lines. The Southerns were tried to get to the Yankee Lines were cut down as the ones on their Lines were riddled with bullets. Too shocked to respond, the Southerns came under 6 Rounds of Cavalry charging, only inflicting only 3 Deaths and 1 Injury on the Yankees. Once the Dixies started to retreat, the Cavalry went back to their lines to help with the attack.

"The Lines are falling! Charge!" Green yelled.
A Naive Nation in the Bay Area of California who has fought too many wars to count. NSG's Resident Yes-man.

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Tue May 26, 2020 12:48 pm

Tranzoria wrote:At that moment, as the Floridians were firing nonstop at the lines of Dixies ahead, 20 Men on horses cam through and charged with their sabres gleaming at the enemy lines. The Southerns were tried to get to the Yankee Lines were cut down as the ones on their Lines were riddled with bullets. Too shocked to respond, the Southerns came under 6 Rounds of Cavalry charging, only inflicting only 3 Deaths and 1 Injury on the Yankees. Once the Dixies started to retreat, the Cavalry went back to their lines to help with the attack.

"The Lines are falling! Charge!" Green yelled.

the bugle rang out to advance. The Iron Brigade, waiting for this moment, surged forward immediately, bayonets gleaming in the sun. Hargrave had his revolver and sword out and charged forward with him men. The cavalry had done good work and Rhodes was retreating. As the Brigade charged forward, smoke erupted from the treeline as Confederate forces (Confederate general Evans) had come up to reinforce Rhodes. The Charging Iron Brigade found cover from the withering rebel fire.

"Independent Fire!" Hargrave yelled at his men. The Confederates were only about 50 yards away from them. Sporadic rifle fire came from his company. Bodies lay strewn all over the road and hills, the cannons had ceased fire as soon as the cavalry had charged so Hargrave was able to hear a bit better. He ran of to Colonel Fairchild (Commander of the 2nd Wisconsin Division) and yelled

"Sir! Whats the plan!?" The other captains were there and asking the same thing. Fairchild thought for a moment, eyes darting over the battlefield then he spoke.

"Skirmish for about 2 minutes, then we are going to enact a forward Charge. A and F Companies will swing around the left while B and D companies will go straight forward. We are going to collapse them between us. After that is done hold position and wait for further instructions."

Hargrave nodded and ran back to his unit. They were living up to their reputation for bravery and kept laying fire on the confederates.

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Corporate Police State

Postby Romextly » Tue May 26, 2020 1:12 pm

"Forward Floridians! Today we kill the Rebel scum1" The Floridians kept up the unrelenting firing while slowly creeping forward. They went on even as they fell.
Bam!
Next to me, Albert fell as a bullet pierced his skin. "Mother." he groaned.
"Medic!" I couldn't let another officer fall under my command. Not again...

Nihonjan
Attaché

Founded: Nov 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Nihonjan » Tue May 26, 2020 1:18 pm

On Par with the Charge, The sharpshooter Platoon led by Hugo let lose their practice and shot the Dixies in the back. Half of them went off to take out the Rebels left on the high ground.
We will be the light of saving

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Tue May 26, 2020 1:38 pm

Hargrave was kneeling behind a rock shouting encouragements to his men. He saw that the Floridians were creeping forward. He checked down at his watch, it was go time.

"B Company! For the Union Charge!" He stood up and charged forward sword gleaming his men picked themselves up and charged after him, bayonets lowered to skewer the rebs. He saw A and F company swinging around "Closing the door" as B and D company surged forward. They were close enough that the rebs only got a few shots into them, mostly missing. Hargrave slowed and leveled his revolver at the enemy flag bearer, putting a bullet in his chest. He drew back the hammer and shot a rebel who was aiming at a private. He then pulled the hammer back and continued his forward charge. He was in the second wave to vault over the top, the first wave having come upon the rebels like a flood. Screaming and stabbing ensued. As Hargrave took aim at an enemy officer, he was tackled by a Dixie. They rolled in the dirt, each one trying to get on top of the other. The southerner however had several pounds of muscle on Hargrave, and was able to pin Hargrave down. The reb pulled out a knife and raised it to bring it down on Hargrave's throat. At that moment the reb gasped and froze. He was kicked off of Hargrave by Lt. Jameson of 2nd Platoon who couldnt stop to help Hargrave up. Hargrave rolled over and grabbed his saber and stood up. As he did a reb charged at him, bayonet leveled, Hargrave parried the stab and punched the reb in the face, knocking him back. Hargrave drew his saber across the traitors throat. The confederates were becoming sandwiched by the 2nd Wisconsin and were fighting back to back.

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Corporate Police State

Postby Romextly » Tue May 26, 2020 1:55 pm

The Medic arrived. "He can survive." he told me
"Thank you." and left to join my company. We have had light casualties as we are in the back. "Forward men! Forward!"
A Dixie came out of nowhere and almost speared my guts, had it not been for my pistol. It was ruined, but it saved my life. He did hit me with the butt of his rifle and went to punch me when I impaled him with my sabre.

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Tue May 26, 2020 1:59 pm

General Gibbon orders all divisions except for the 2nd Wisconsin to proceed down the road, 2nd Florida taking forward Position with the 1st Maine Cavalry.

The last of Brig. Gen Evans forces are killed or wounded as the fighting calms down. Hargrave can hear shots from far away to his right a Fox's and Crompton's gap.

The 2nd Wisconsin is ordered to advance alongside the 1st Maine and 2nd Florida

Tranzoria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Red Badge of Courage RP

Postby Tranzoria » Tue May 26, 2020 2:02 pm

Noah charged into the brawl of bullets along with a group of Infantry Men. While two of his Cavalry Men rode horses into the crowds of Dixies and sliced them up and down, Green jumped off a rock. He rolled and came up, took a rifle, and shot a Dixie brawling with a Yankee a few yards away. He did the same to two others and then took his knife and sliced the ankle of a Southern with it. The enemy fell down and was killed with a stab to the back.

Green got up, covered with blood and looked around at the fight, mostly consisting of Yankees fighting with Dixies with knives or empty rifles. All of a sudden, Green heard a noise ad used his knife to swing into the throat of Muscular Southern who tried to stab Green. Then, he turned around and saw a small area a few yards away with a hand-to-hand fight going on. He took a revolver, shot a Dixie over in the area and then another right by him. He took his rifle then, and sniped the foot of another enemy. Then, he did had he waited for. He took his Tomahawk and threw it at the Dixies. It made sure a Dixie or two ran away in fear. He ran over, and tried pulled it out. Soon, the Tomahawk was out of the tree, leaving a large hole in it, just in time for a Confederate Pirate-looking man to get his head split open by the axe. Green then hurried off to the Yankee Lines to get his Horse to advance with the Floridians.
Last edited by Tranzoria on Tue May 26, 2020 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Tue May 26, 2020 2:07 pm

Tranzoria wrote:Noah charged into the brawl of bullets along with a group of Infantry Men. While two of his Cavalry Men rode horses into the crowds of Dixies and sliced them up and down, Green jumped off a rock and sliced a Dixie's head, while the Dixie was aiming to stab him as he jumped. Green rolled and came up, took a rifle, and shot a Dixie brawling with a Yankee a few yards away. He did the same to two others and then took his knife and sliced the ankle of a Southern with it. The enemy fell down and was killed with a stab to the back.

Green got up, covered with blood and looked around at the fight, mostly consisting of Yankees fighting with Dixies with knives or empty rifles. All of a sudden, Green heard a noise ad used his knife to swing into the throat of Muscular Southern who tried to stab Green. Then, he turned around and saw a small area a few yards away with a hand-to-hand fight going on. He took a revolver, shot a Dixie over in the area and then another right by him. He took his rifle then, and sniped the foot of another enemy. Then, he did had he waited for. He took his Tomahawk and threw it at the Dixies. It sliced the top of the head of two and then landed in a tree. He ran over, and tried to pull it out.

He heard grunts behind him and got in a 2 vs 1 knife fight with two enemies, killing them both. He took a revolver and shot another coming to him. Soon, the Tomahawk was out of the tree, leaving a large hole in it, just in time for a Confederate Pirate-looking man to get his head split open by the axe. Green then hurried off to the Yankee Lines to get his Horse to advance with the Floridians.

OOC: woah woah woah slow down their big man. This aint a marvel movie, tone it down a bit.

American Pere Housh
Senator

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Tue May 26, 2020 2:12 pm

Bolslania wrote:General Gibbon orders all divisions except for the 2nd Wisconsin to proceed down the road, 2nd Florida taking forward Position with the 1st Maine Cavalry.

The last of Brig. Gen Evans forces are killed or wounded as the fighting calms down. Hargrave can hear shots from far away to his right a Fox's and Crompton's gap.

Sergeant Matthew Johnson drop to his knees and fires at stray Rebel forces then begins reloading his rifle while, "Cover me while I reload my rifle."

"Lieutenant, What are we going to take the fight to those damn Rebs?"
Government Type: Militaristic Republic
Leader: President Alexander Jones
Prime Minister: Isabella Stuart-Jones
Secretary of Defense: Hitomi Izumi
Secretary of State: Eliza 'Vanny' Cortez
Time: 2023
Population: MT-450 million
Territory: All of North America, The Islands of the Caribbean and the Philippines

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Tue May 26, 2020 2:17 pm

American Pere Housh wrote:
Bolslania wrote:General Gibbon orders all divisions except for the 2nd Wisconsin to proceed down the road, 2nd Florida taking forward Position with the 1st Maine Cavalry.

Sergeant Matthew Johnson drop to his knees and fires at stray Rebel forces then begins reloading his rifle while, "Cover me while I reload my rifle."

Hargrave kneels by Johnson. Breathing heavily

"We're advancing first in line with the 2nd Florida and 1st Maine Cavalry Sergeant. We're gonna see plenty a' fightin' today sergeant

Hospitiliars
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hospitiliars » Tue May 26, 2020 2:27 pm

Cain stood up, staring shocked at all he corpses around him. He hadnt really known what war was until now. His bayonet no longer shone in the sunlight and his uniform was dirty and bloodstained. He stumbled into formation as Hargrave rallied them for foward march. Having taken the most casualties, they were in the back of Company B, with 2nd platoon taking lead.

American Pere Housh
Senator

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Tue May 26, 2020 2:28 pm

Bolslania wrote:
American Pere Housh wrote:Sergeant Matthew Johnson drop to his knees and fires at stray Rebel forces then begins reloading his rifle while, "Cover me while I reload my rifle."

Hargrave kneels by Johnson. Breathing heavily

"We're advancing first in line with the 2nd Florida and 1st Maine Cavalry Sergeant. We're gonna see plenty a' fightin' today sergeant

Sergeant Johnson smiles then speaks, "Good, we will whup those Reb's ass real good."
Government Type: Militaristic Republic
Leader: President Alexander Jones
Prime Minister: Isabella Stuart-Jones
Secretary of Defense: Hitomi Izumi
Secretary of State: Eliza 'Vanny' Cortez
Time: 2023
Population: MT-450 million
Territory: All of North America, The Islands of the Caribbean and the Philippines

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse