NATION

PASSWORD

Region - Lorania

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Lorania Founder
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Region - Lorania

Postby Lorania Founder » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:02 am

Welcome to the gameplay thread of the region, Lorania! We are a new region looking for nations that want to build a future with a new region and look to get involved!

We provide:
• A significant political side of the region - so if you want to have a go and helping run the region and making important decisions, Lorania is for you. And incredibly inclusive government is a great starting point for your involvement
• An active and friendly community - if you aren’t a political type of person, you can have endless amounts of fun chatting with nations in our nation. We have constantly active nations who are willing to make conversation!
• Experienced nations ready to help - if you are new to NS, we have nations who have experience on the site, to guide you on your NS journey. We also make sure newbies aren’t intimidated by what’s going on, by welcoming and advising them as soon as they arrive!

And we also provide more!

So, if you want to join a democratic, fun, and partly political region, then join Lorania!

Note: We will provide news updates on this thread as well!
Last edited by Lorania Founder on Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

LollerLand
Diplomat

Founded: May 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby LollerLand » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:11 am

I wish all the success to you and your region! Best of luck!
Loller Kingsmoreaux Corleone
WA Delegate, Minister of Foreign Affairs, and Lord of Autumn of The Autumnal Court of Caer Sidi

Dorab
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 11, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Dorab » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:16 am

I wish you luck in getting members!

Stolkland
Civilian

Founded: May 26, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Stolkland » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:32 pm

UPDATE:

We have sent out the interviews for the PM Election next Wednesday!

If you're interested in being our first PM please do come over to Lorania and get involved.

Seven Seas
Secretary

Founded: Feb 04, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Seven Seas » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:37 am

Many of you already know, but for the newcomers I am happy to announce that I am running for Prime minister :clap: !

BTW: Join Lorania to be part of the start of a great region
Last edited by Seven Seas on Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

South Ccanda
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby South Ccanda » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:00 pm

Hello lovely people of NRG and Lorania, I am proud to admit I am also running for Prime Minister! I wish Seven Seas the best of luck in his campaign, and may the best nation win.
I am Center-Left Libertarian. (-3,-3) on the Political Compass. My friends call me Whiskey cause I was named after a bottle of Jack Daniel's.

I've been drowning myself in work, I just started Culinary School, and I recently got called a Boot Licker for thanking a veteran for their service. I'm sad that I have to witness the part of history where supporting Cops and Troops is seen and a radical ideology.
Updated on August 25th, 2020

Seven Seas
Secretary

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Seven Seas » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:12 am

Ooh, another joins the race! :clap:

Gwentrev
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Gwentrev » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:00 am

This is a great region.

Skundi
Attaché

Founded: May 02, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Skundi » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:51 am

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
The three candidates have been officially confirmed and now no more nations can run. With interviews submitted to the LBC (Loranian Broadcasting Corporation) there will be a couple of days for campaigning before the election on Wednesday.
Last edited by Skundi on Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Yellow Banana Duck of Skundi
  • NSer since May 2018
  • Ex-Founder, now a Co-Founder
  • Current Foreign Secretary of Lorania!
"You'd think for all his politeness and seriousness in the government he wouldn't use a meme as their flag" - Seven Seas
"Yeah, Skundi rocks"
- Devionsa
he bacc (a candidate)
he selecc (which candidate to endorse)
but most importantly
he banana ducc
- Matroyska

Hetlania
Civilian

Founded: Apr 08, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Hetlania » Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:02 pm

Best region out there :)

Seven Seas
Secretary

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Seven Seas » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:10 am

Hetlania wrote:Best region out there :)

I heartily agree :bow:

Sail Nation
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sail Nation » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:58 am

I am very happy to be part of this region now, only have to wait a few days and I can become a citizen.
Former WA delegate, MP and Prime Minister in Lorania
MP in Thaecia (as Prussian Sail Nation)
Travelling nationstates (as Sail Nation Travellers), reviewing regions as I go

I'm a Christian and a Liberal. I won't enforce my beliefs on you, so please don't enforce yours on me.

Pro: Leaving things in my sig that I don't like anymore
Anti: Use of pros and antis in sigs

Skundi
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Skundi » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:01 am

Happy citizens? Tick
Elections? Tick
Arrivals? Tick
Activity? Tick

It's looking good so far in Lorania! We have our election tomorrow (in which we have 3 candidates vying for the job) and our official forum update from the Founder will be tomorrow. Come and join the fun in Lorania, or if you don't feel like that, propose an embassy!
  • NSer since May 2018
"You'd think for all his politeness and seriousness in the government he wouldn't use a meme as their flag" - Seven Seas
"Yeah, Skundi rocks"
- Devionsa
he bacc (a candidate)
but most importantly
he banana ducc
- Matroyska

Lorania Founder
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Lorania Founder » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:40 am

OFFICIAL UPDATE
As part of our efforts to advertise our region to the forums, we like to update our thread with a weekly news post. This is posted every Wednesday, and you are currently reading this week's edition!

So, what's been happening?
  • Prime Ministerial Elections are happening as I write this, with the winner being the first Prime Minister in Loranian history. As this is written, it seems like a two-horse race, between Seven Seas and South Ccanda!
  • Over the last few days, Lorania has increased its population by 14 nations! This has been down to recruitment efforts by nations including Skundi and Sail Nation. However citizenship rules mean that they can be citizens after a week of being in the region, so a lot of our wonderful new recruits aren't able to vote
  • New embassies have been constructed! We've sent out a hand of friendship to many regions this week, notable ones include Verania and The Wolf Clan!

And that concludes this week's update, we'll have more next week in which we'll have a new PM and a cabinet!

And remember, if you like the look of us, feel free to join, or if you don't want to join, we'd love an embassy!

Thanks for reading!

Skundi
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Skundi » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:20 am

Our new Prime Minister is South Ccanda! They will be Head of Government for the next 3 months! Congratulations!
  • NSer since May 2018
"Yeah, Skundi rocks"
- Devionsa
he bacc (a candidate)
but most importantly
he banana ducc
- Matroyska

Skundi
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Skundi » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:23 am

We now have a new embassy policy!
  • NSer since May 2018
"Yeah, Skundi rocks"
- Devionsa
he bacc (a candidate)
but most importantly
he banana ducc
- Matroyska

The Democratic Nation of Unovia
Minister

Founded: Jun 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Democratic Nation of Unovia » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:04 am

After seeing this thread, and checking out your Region, I, The Democratic Nation of Unovia, as Minister of Foreign Affairs for New World Union, reached out to you for an embassy.
Minister of Operations of New World Union! TG me for Regional Information!
As a Map Maker, I help many Regions Current Region assisting: NextGen Roleplay.
If you want my assistance with Real World Maps, please TG me.
Loyal to New World Union

Skundi
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Skundi » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:21 am

The Democratic Nation of Unovia wrote:After seeing this thread, and checking out your Region, I, The Democratic Nation of Unovia, as Minister of Foreign Affairs for New World Union, reached out to you for an embassy.

And I happily accepted! Thanks for the embassy, I and the region hope this leads to a fruitful relationship!
  • NSer since May 2018
"Yeah, Skundi rocks"
- Devionsa
he bacc (a candidate)
but most importantly
he banana ducc
- Matroyska

Sail Nation
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sail Nation » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:45 am

Can I recommend people to vote for me in the upcoming WA delegate and House of Commons elections. Once we have a functional HoC, there is so much more we can do!

I'm a Christian and a Liberal. I won't enforce my beliefs on you, so please don't enforce yours on me.

Seven Seas
Secretary

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Seven Seas » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:41 am

Vote Seven Seas! Do you want a strong presence in the WA? Do you want a fully democratic and united Lorania? How about a minister of culture to organize fun events? All these thing I can get for you if I am elected WA delegate and voted in to the HoC! :clap:

Sail Nation
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sail Nation » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:15 am

Seven Seas wrote:(Image)

Vote Seven Seas! Do you want a strong presence in the WA? Do you want a fully democratic and united Lorania? How about a minister of culture to organize fun events? All these thing I can get for you if I am elected WA delegate and voted in to the HoC! :clap:

How will you appoint a minister when you have no executive authority, only legislative and WA? Citizens of Lorania, I recommend that you vote for me instead, so you can have power to help with making WA decisions, and an MP who will provide much-needed constitutional amendments to fix contradictions and add clarity on scenarios that are not addressed by the constitution, that will guide us in times of need.

Seven Seas
Secretary

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Seven Seas » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:12 am

I won't appoint a minister, I'll get it in the constitution to have the PM appoint one

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:45 pm

RE the constitution: I rewrote it for Lorania's predecessor region and have approved its continued use in this region.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Sail Nation
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sail Nation » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:53 am

I am going to make a constitutional amendment that will fix the problems, and add new clauses that will set out how the HoC is to be run, a new, more organised election system, that prevents situations like the HoC election problems recently. It will also state the current convention that cabinet ministers can not become MPs. This will be alongside many other ideas.

Seven Seas
Secretary

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Seven Seas » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:37 am

Sail Nation wrote:I am going to make a constitutional amendment that will fix the problems, and add new clauses that will set out how the HoC is to be run, a new, more organised election system, that prevents situations like the HoC election problems recently. It will also state the current convention that cabinet ministers can not become MPs. This will be alongside many other ideas.

Thank you :clap:

Tinhampton wrote:RE the constitution: I rewrote it for Lorania's predecessor region and have approved its continued use in this region.

eyyy, it's Tinhampton! You're back

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay