NATION

PASSWORD

The Land Of The Free: An American Political Roleplay (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Fronket
Envoy

Founded: Nov 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Fronket » Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:25 pm

Sanabel wrote:Senator Little’s Office, Washington, DC

En-route from New Hampshire to Nevada, Mike made sure to have a day’s layover in Washington so he could meet with fellow Democratic politician and presidential candidate Ben Little. He wanted things to be on good terms between the two of them, so he walked into the Senator’s office with a smile on his face and a bottle of wine in hand. A safe choice for a man he did not know well, a token of good will.

He sat in his office and waited for the meeting to begin.

Ben walked out of his office to see the Governor in his waiting room, as expected. “Governor Veléz! Glad you could make it. Come in, take a seat.” He gave the man a warm smile as he ushered him inside.

Azekopolaltion
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 16, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Azekopolaltion » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:26 pm

Tim Westra

@WestraNJ
timwestra.com

Cut through the spin. Some competitors are running on flashy slogans for healthcare proposals..."Medicare for All" versus "Medicare for All Who Want It." It doesn't mean anything until you look at the details.

Tim Westra

@WestraNJ
timwestra.com

The only released single payer proposal in this race, "Medicare for All," contains scant detail on financing and what this would cost the American people...don't trust a plan that isn't upfront with you.

Tim Westra

@WestraNJ
timwestra.com

There are several iterations of Medicare for All Who Want It, although I'll refer to the only official public plan that is based on Australia's system. This is not a public option that just expands insurance; this is a National Health Service that will cost $25 trillion in a decade, while rationing care to those who use the system.

Tim Westra

@WestraNJ
timwestra.com

We cannot afford to sacrifice quality just for accessibility. And these policies mean nothing if they aren't sustainable financially. We need a president who has actually implemented national healthcare reform before and has a workable plan to reach universal healthcare. Read our plan, Medicare for America, on our website.
Ro Khanna/AOC 2024

Velahor
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:33 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:
Velahor wrote:
“Water, please” replied Diane. Diane was polite, but she was also to the point. “If you don’t mind me asking, how is Arnold Sr.?”

"He's doing well, about where the doctors expected him to be right now when he was diagnosed." She said as she was got a water bottle for the Representative. Handing it over to her, Eliza sat behind her desk, "So, what brings you to my office then?" She said in a tone that made it clear she didn't want to talk about the tumor in her Husband's head while still trying to come off as friendly.

“Well, first of all, I wanted to ask. After Arnold’s presidency, do you have any further political plans?” asked Diane, sending Eliza’s need to change the topic.
”A wasted vote is voting for someone that you don’t believe in”

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Diane Paulson - Congresswoman - Maine 2nd District
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
William S. Rogers III - Senator - Montana
Martha Prendergast - Senator & First Lady - West Virginia
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:38 pm

Fronket wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Senator Little’s Office, Washington, DC

En-route from New Hampshire to Nevada, Mike made sure to have a day’s layover in Washington so he could meet with fellow Democratic politician and presidential candidate Ben Little. He wanted things to be on good terms between the two of them, so he walked into the Senator’s office with a smile on his face and a bottle of wine in hand. A safe choice for a man he did not know well, a token of good will.

He sat in his office and waited for the meeting to begin.

Ben walked out of his office to see the Governor in his waiting room, as expected. “Governor Veléz! Glad you could make it. Come in, take a seat.” He gave the man a warm smile as he ushered him inside.

“So am I Senator. The presidential race sure is hectic, as I’m sure you know. Here,” he said, holding out the bottle of wine, “Just a little something from the wife and I.”
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:40 pm

Velahor wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:
"He's doing well, about where the doctors expected him to be right now when he was diagnosed." She said as she was got a water bottle for the Representative. Handing it over to her, Eliza sat behind her desk, "So, what brings you to my office then?" She said in a tone that made it clear she didn't want to talk about the tumor in her Husband's head while still trying to come off as friendly.

“Well, first of all, I wanted to ask. After Arnold’s presidency, do you have any further political plans?” asked Diane, sending Eliza’s need to change the topic.

"Well, I haven't completely decided on anything yet, but running for the Senate is definitely a possibility and if that doesn't work out and the next President wants to offer me a job that, of course, would be a possibility too."

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:42 pm

Levi Murphy Visit to Concord
Concord, New Hampshire

Team Levi decided to do some retail politics in Concord. They began the day with door-knocking in a relatively suburban street, the volunteers were laden with campaign materials. Levi himself, although being a seasoned campainger, was accompanied by another veteran volunteer. They approach the front door of a small house and knocked. From inside, an elderly woman emerged at the door. She was in a night gown with pink fluffy slippers. The Senator introduced himself. "Hello, I am Senator Murphy from Minnesota, do you have any time to have a quick chat about the upcoming Presidential election?" The woman obliged. "Thank you," he said. "I promise I won't hold you up," Levi assured her. He passed over a pamphlet of his, with his campaign logo, short list of policies and directions to find him online and on social media. "What are the major issues for you?" He asked. The lady, who called herself Marge, explained that healthcare was at the top of her list, along with her grandchildren. "We seriously need to re-fund Social Security," Levi said, nodding in agreement with her. "I want to restore and add additional funding to Social Security and Medicare, in fact I want to expand Medicare for the broader population totally. I believe everyone is deserving of health care in this country and we can provide it, we've just go to get someone in there to get it done, really." By the end of it, he had half-convinced the old woman. It was a successful door-knocking overall and the campaign moved on to other events.

He attended a local Teamsters meeting. This was, what you would say, allied territory. He was incredibly popular among the members, he reminisced about his transit strike in Minnesota, some had remembered the event themselves on the television at the time. "Some of the people running for President have a lot of experience being politicians, they know there way around words and convincing working people that they are on their side. For the most of my life I was a bus-driver, I was elected to the Senate in 2014. I've only served one term in the Senate because we need a Presidential candidate that will stand up for progressive, workers policies in this country," he said to them. His team and him handed out promotional campaign material as the meeting concluded, and he stayed back to talk about some of the members about the election. Some told him that they would vote for him, come the primary, some others confessed that they were voting for someone else or on the fence. He tried his best to convince them of the principles of his campaign: Medicare for All, an Anti-Corruption Program, a Second Bill of Rights and a Green New Deal, but wasn't pushy.

At the end of the day, the campaign did an online fundraiser. Levi spoke to a live YouTube, twitch and twitter audience online. "Thanks everyone for attending our online fundraiser tonight. I'm in Concord, New Hampshire at the moment getting the word out: the political revolution is coming to Washington D.C. We've had a great reception so far, people are receptive to the positive progressive policies of our movement and we're making headway in the polls as we speak. People love it when politicians stand up for something, not cower at the alter of political expediency. So when we talk about bold proposals like Medicare for All, tuition-free college and a Green New Deal, people are excited, they love it. Start these same conversations with your loved-ones, your family, your friends. It takes us volunteering, enrolling and getting out to the polls to win this Presidential election. I wouldn't be here without all of you wonderful people, of course. And I wouldn't be hear if it wasn't for the many, many people supporting our campaign through small-dollar donations. We do not receive support from Super PACs or corporations or lobbyists, none in this campaign. I have not been stumping in Beverly Hills for the big cheques. Every dollar counts at the end of the day, because it means we can get our message out and win this. Thanks you."
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Velahor
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:33 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:
Velahor wrote:

"Well, I haven't completely decided on anything yet, but running for the Senate is definitely a possibility and if that doesn't work out and the next President wants to offer me a job that, of course, would be a possibility too."

“What if I offered you a job?” asked Diane, succinctly.

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:34 pm

Velahor wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:

"Depends on the job." Eliza stated back, her interest piqued.

Velahor
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:38 pm

Puertollano wrote:
Velahor wrote:
“So not Richardson then. You’re up against Wolf Jr; how do you beat that?” he asked. “On name alone, he poses a particular challenge.”

"His name does pose a challenge, but he's nothing more than a paper tiger if you look at his record. He was a Big Pharma CEO, the same people that screwed working people over with the Opiod Crisis. With time, I believe people will learn he is not the populist firebrand his father was made out to be."

Papazian was worried. He wanted the candidate he stood behind to have a comprehensive plan on how to beat his opponents, and he just saw Murphy brush off two of the big names like they were nothing. He would try again, “and Prendergast? If Mr. Big Coal starts scare tactics against the Green New Deal in the general, how would you compete with that?”

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:37 pm

By Aicue H. Tax
The election for Governor in Kentucky has always been odd for taking place in odd-numbered years, one of only three states to have a Governor’s election in 2019. The other two being Louisiana and Mississippi (which we’ll get to soon!). But this time, it appears that the race in the Bluegrass State might be anything but normal. And the race could not happen at a more fascinating and interesting time, given the revelation by President Wolf that he would not be running for a second term leading to a frenzy on the Republican side to see who would succeed him. This fractured GOP is the backdrop we find ourselves in when reviewing the Kentucky Governor’s race. The Republican incumbent (Not-Matt Bevin) finds himself increasingly isolated and unpopular in his state, after a series of decisions that have not only shaken up Kentucky but have served as a rallying call by state Democrats to oust him and a number of GOP legislators.

In early 2019, the incumbent Governor’s approval ratings ranged from low to mid 30's% while his disapproval ratings crossed over 50% several times, raising doubts about his ability to win reelection. These ratings are largely due to his decisions to cut Medicaid coverage to thousands of Kentuckians, to pass right-to-work legislation swept in right after the state GOP won a supermajority in 2016, and to attack Commonwealth teachers for their strike after an attempt to pass a controversial and potentially damaging piece of legislation affecting the pensions of many educators. All together, it continues to be a rough ride for the Governor and reports have swirled that the state Republican party has expressed concern about (Not-Bevin) leading the Republican ticket in Kentucky and early polling shows that the Democratic candidate could have a chance.

Enter former Acting Secretary of Homeland Security Tara Misra. The Indian-American has served as a U.S. Representative for Kentucky’s 5th District, which includes towns like Somerset and Middlesboro. The region was once held by longtime Congressman (Not-Hal Rogers) until Sec. Misra ousted him in the Republican primaries in 2010, after a previous failed attempt. Since then, the Secretary went on to serve three terms in the House before being appointed as Acting Secretary of Homeland Security following (Not-Nielsen)’s resignation. She was asked to tender her own resignation earlier this year after an apparent unilateral and misguided issuance of a change in the National Terrorism Threat level, something that has soured her in the eyes of many establishment Republicans and allies of the President though for different reasons. Nonetheless, given her husband’s membership in the Kentucky State House of Representatives (Rep. Alex Nash) and her high public profile, she has remained in the mainstream.

Thus, it comes as a surprise to few people that Secretary Tara Misra announced her intention to seek the Republican nomination for Governor of Kentucky. Her status as a relative outsider to state politics given her presence in the national stage gives her both key advantages and disadvantages. Misra has a clear record that is not connected to (Not-Bevin), giving her inroads to many in the party and in the Republican base seeking to turn away from the controversial Governor. She is a strong candidate given her previous legislative experience, giving her credentials that many disillusioned by (Not-Bevin) are seeking. Her campaign has as of now centered almost entirely on a message of “law and order”, where Misra has outlined plans to stand against any attempts to end capital punishment as well as potentially expanding the state prison system. This claim echos similar ones made by the Texas special Senate candidate Karen Brookshire who has railed for bringing the death penalty back for perpetrators of serious crimes, though unlike Brookshire, Sec. Misra has yet to offer specifics of which crimes these more serious sentences could affect. Misra also name checked the leading Democratic nominee for Governor of Kentucky, Michelle Dalton, firing a warning shot at the actress and activist who has been leading in the Democratic primary.

The businesswoman, Dalton, similarly announced her campaign to little surprise given her recent efforts to support Democratic candidates at both the national level for President Baharia’s 2008 campaign and the state level in the last gubernatorial election in 2015, supporting (Not-Jack Conway) and fundraising for other state Democrats in 2016 and 2018. While by no means a true political outsider, Dalton has faced some early critiques from other Democrats in the primary since she has not held any political office. Yet she has sought to use this to her advantage, framing herself as an average Kentuckian by reflecting on her experience as a mother and making numerous campaign visits to local events across the Commonwealth. While in the beginning Dalton was lagging behind more established state Democrats, the decision by the state Attorney-General (Not-Beshear) to not enter the race followed by the endorsement of U.S. Senator Benjamin Little (D-MD) shook up the race significantly. Almost overnight, Michelle Dalton became the frontrunner in the race. Her campaign, perhaps in an attempt to overcome Dalton’s political inexperience, has laid out a clear platform of “Kentucky values of Faith, Hard Work, and a Belief in a Better Future”. This has translated to a focus on protecting pensions for workers, investing in education and higher pay for teachers, and perhaps her largest rallying call of tackling healthcare including expanding Medicaid and addressing the opioid crisis. Though an important note has been Dalton’s silence on many social issues, using a page from (Not-Bevin)’s own 2015 run of focusing almost entirely on economic issues and policy. But this may change if pressured by Sec. Misra’s well documented socially conservative stances on numerous topics including gay marriage and prisoner suffrage.

But enough who is who...let’s look at some of the strategies these women are using. While Dalton is likely to advance to the general election given her high polling numbers in the primary, Misra is slightly less sure. Best guesses are all in agreement that her efforts to run a focused campaign as an alternative to (Not-Bevin) with a strong record are going to prevail. But it will remain seen if the Secretary prevails in a landslide against the incumbent Governor and other state Republicans, showing that the Republican base of Kentucky is tired of (Not-Bevin). Or if instead, she ekes out a victory with a less comfortable majority, which may show that Commonwealth Republicans are less sure of their nominee and divided in who should succeed him...or if anyone should even be challenging (Not-Bevin) at all. Still, no matter the results, there is an almost guaranteed chance that the next Governor of Kentucky will be a woman, making either Dalton or Misra only the second woman to lead the Commonwealth in over 30 years. But it remains competitive as to who will win between the two women. Dalton’s frontrunner status has allowed her to take the lead with fundraising and rallying local endorsements from the state Democratic party, and given her previous involvement with the Baharia campaign, it is also looking increasingly possible the DNC may try to make this race competitive. And if Senator Little’s endorsement is any indication, many Democrats in the Presidential Democratic primary may seek to flex their political strength and moderate ties to both help Dalton in Kentucky and their own Presidential campaigns.

But both women are taking different approaches to campaigning for Governor, something that will certainly clash on the campaign trail and on the debate stage once we’re at that point. For example, Misra faces the challenge of being scandal ridden, with not only her resignation from the Wolf administration but her previous unsanctioned meetings in 2015 with Saudi officials which led to her exit from Congress in 2016. The former will almost certainly force her to pander to many Wolf supporters in the Commonwealth, a state that the President carried handedly. And without any explicit support from Wolf as of yet or frankly any major Republicans (not even any of those running for President!), she faces a battle for credibility among some in her party. The latter scandal will almost certainly be exploited by Dalton or her allies as a way to hurt her support in swing areas of the state. And while Dalton faces no political scandals of her own, her past struggles with addiction have the potential to harm her though the businesswoman has already begun addressing these challenges are her rallies and events. It appears she may be trying to get ahead of any potential damage and spinning it instead as a moment she found her faith, which combined with her visit to the Creation Museum is certainly an attempt to court voters hesitant of any Democrat’s faith and spirituality.

The largest asset for both Dalton and Sec. Misra though remains the backdrop of when their election is taking place. For the Secretary, the Presidential primaries can provide fodder to paint Dalton as a celebrity liberal, whose fashion company and powerful friends in the Democratic party are only examples of how she is neither in touch with the average Kentuckian nor prepared to lead. It is a tactic expected to occur throughout many races this year and heading into 2020, especially as Democrats like Sen. Murphy (D-MN) and Sen. Westra (D-NJ) push for progressive policies like Medicare For All and Social Security For All respectively. But Dalton also benefits from the backdrop, as Governor (Not-Bevin) provides an ideal punching bag to not only make her case but charge Secretary Misra as likely to continue the Governor’s same course. And this connection will be far easier to make given it is a state race though Sec. Misra still holds the advantage of not working with (Not-Bevin) at all during her political career. This race will likely help define the Presidential race, helping to show if Democrats can not only keep races local but swing some conservatives their way. And if the fractured GOP and less active President spells disaster down the ballot for less than popular Republicans. Or if the Democratic Party is still locked out of conservative strongholds like Kentucky, despite strong candidates like Dalton. And this race is also likely to be defined by other races, like in Louisiana, Mississippi, and even the Texas Senate race where a victory for leading Democrat Rep. Suraj Shah would tip the balance here by exciting Democrats or worrying Republicans. But no matter what, like the state’s namesake Derby, this Gubernatorial Race is likely to be the political run for the roses!
Ratings:
Kentucky Gubernatorial Election - Lean Republican

Texas Senate Special Election - Tilt Republican

Polling:
Kentucky Gubernatorial Election:

Sec. Tara Misra - 46%
Ms. Michelle Dalton - 34%
Undecided - 20%

(Note: Hypothetical Using Primary Frontrunners)
Last edited by Federal States of Xathuecia on Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:07 pm

Las Vegas, Nevada
(May 22, 2019)

The conventional wisdom is that Nevada has a largely apolitical electorate. This makes unions incredibly important for winning the state, as union members effectively serve as shock troops at the state’s hotly contested caucus. The conventional wisdom also says that in order to win union workers, one must meet the voters where they work, and make an effort to reach them. That strategy worked thus far for Veléz with winning over African Americans in South Carolina, and it could quite possibly work in the other must-win state of Nevada.

So, Veléz returned to Clark County where he had campaigned previously. Except this time instead of discussing his healthcare plan at an organized panel, or holding meet-and-greets with suburbanites, he went straight into the belly of the beast, Las Vegas. With permission of foremen, he visited construction sites around the Strip and spoke to construction workers on their union breaks and lunch, in both English and in his native Spanish. He talked to them about the economy, the healthcare, the the Local 169 of the Laborers Union, to which most of the workers belonged.

After that, he attended that very same Local’s weekly meeting, where he was given the chance to make a short speech about his economic policy.

“Hello, everyone,” he began. “Laborers are the bedrock of our great nation’s economy. You have built bridges that have spanned miles, monuments which have touched the sky, and now the most cutting-edge buildings, right here in Las Vegas. I am honored to be able to speak with you all here today.

They will tell you on the news that the American economy is better than ever. That we are wealthier, are seeing more growth, and are at a stronger point than any time since the Second World War. You and I both know that’s not true. the Reagan and now the Wolf tax cuts have shifted the tax burden from the wealthy onto working families, deregulation has steadily reached dangerous heights, and the stock market portfolios of the wealthy are booming while working and middle class incomes haven’t grown in decades. Workers have not seen real wage growth in decades, which the rich only get richer.

Now, I believe in capitalism, even if it is a dirty word these days. I believe that the markets can be a force for good, a rising tide that can lift all boats. But it’s our job as people who control the levers of power to make sure that all boats do rise with the tide. Right now, most boats are allowed to sink. This all has to change, and it’s exactly why my campaign is calling for something we haven’t had in recent memory: responsible stewardship of the economy. It’s not too late to fix this.

My plan for responsible stewardship of the economy calls for a few things. First, what we need to do is bolster union membership. I’ve worked hard to strengthen the teacher’s union in Florida, by giving them a voice in government and facilitating their right to organize as best I could. But it takes more than just offering unions a seat at the table, when the system has been set up in such a way that the table is this high, and the seat is only this high.”

He gestured with his hands to chuckles from the crowd.

“We need to overturn restrictions on starting unions. You should be able to start a union with a majority of workers’ support in your workplace and a single piece of paper in this country. Procedural hoops created due to a misguided fear of socialism dating back decades have made it a gargantuan task. More importantly, we need to punish companies restricting union activity with kkfines of up to 20% of their net profit, hitting them where it hurts. If Marriott Resorts, for instance, refuses to allow its workers to unionize, whether they are construction workers or culinary workers, they should take a hit. And we need to overturn so-called ‘right to work laws’ by stopping Republicans from their quest to stack every federal court in the country. Unions are the engine of wage growth, as I’m sure everyone in this room understands!”

There was applause.

“We need to raise the federal minimum wage- it’s been 10 years- and actually enforce it across the country. Just as importantly, we need to peg it to inflation. Here in Nevada, minimum wage is 8 bucks an hour. You can’t feed a family, pay a mortgage, or save up to start your own business one day if you are making 8 bucks an hour- it’s unacceptable in the wealthiest country in the world. As an account, I know for a fact you can’t do it. I also know for a fact that Congress could pass a legally-binding minimum wage bill if they wanted to. It’s part of their responsibility to regulate inter-state commerce.

We also need to ensure the wealthy are paying their fair share, by reversing the Wolf tax cuts, raising taxes on the top income bracket, and most importantly, creating a system with 0 tax liability for the lowest income bracket, to give a helping hand to those living well below the poverty line.

It’s also time for expanded worker’s comp and federal unemployment benefits, and implement federally guaranteed paid sick leave. Like healthcare, these are human rights. You shouldn’t have to work if you’re sick, and you shouldn’t have to worry about paying the bills just because you catch the flu.

On the topic of healthcare- well, you and I both know that it’s a human right. Not a commodity, which is how it’s treated now. “I believe that the way forward is ‘Medicare for All Who Want It.’ What this includes is first and foremost a re-expansion of the Affordable Care Act, to offer Americans greater options and protections should they choose to use private insurance. This would include, of course, measures against discrimination against individuals with pre-existing conditions, federal action to cap extortionate drug prices, and a massive expansion of the healthcare income tax credit. Most important, Medicare for All Who Want It is exactly that- Medicare for All Who Want It. Under this system, all Americans would be fully coverage by Medicare, with no premiums. However, they may opt-out if they so choose, to use private healthcare plans. This maintains a freedom of choice, but forces insurance companies to compete with Medicare, driving down premiums and raising quality. This would give unions and workers greater collective bargaining power, and unlike Medicare for All, would allow people to keep their hard-fought private health care should they chose to. Medicare for All Who Want It will give working families a safety net that Lord knows my mother and father wished we had, but it won't punish folks who are blessed to have other coverage.

As union folks, you understand the need for a strong negotiator. You all depend upon your union leadership to negotiate a square deal for you with management. Well, I’m a tough negotiator myself. Just ask President Baharia. I stood toe to toe with Vladimir Putin and I won. Compared to him, Senator Warrick and Representative Volker are lightweights. I’m ready to fight for you in Washington, and force Congress to wake up and realize that it’s time to build an economy that works for the 99%, not just the 1%.”

There was some clapping, then the candidate went to answer the questions of attendees and talk more about his policies. After his speech, as day turned to night, Veléz headed to some casinos and hotels, though not for pleasure. There, in kitchens and staff rooms he met with culinary and hospitality workers on their breaks and in their meal times. He spoke primarily in Spanish with the predominantly Hispanic and female union members. He also had the chance to make a similar speech for Culinary Union Local 226, a major power broker in Nevada politics. He once again talked about the economy and his proposed reforms, this time in Spanish to better connect with the voters.

“Hola a todos. Los trabajadores culinarios como tú son la base de Nevada y de la economía de este gran país. Mantiene nuestros hoteles, restaurantes y casinos funcionando, derramando su sangre, sudor y lágrimas en trabajos que con demasiada frecuencia son ingratos. Me siento honrado de hablar con ustedes aquí esta noche.

Te dirán en las noticias que la economía estadounidense está mejor que nunca. Que somos más ricos, estamos viendo más crecimiento y estamos en un punto más fuerte que en cualquier otro momento desde la Segunda Guerra Mundial. Tú y yo sabemos que eso no es cierto. los recortes de impuestos de Reagan y ahora de Wolf han trasladado la carga impositiva de los ricos a las familias trabajadoras, la desregulación ha alcanzado constantemente niveles peligrosos y las carteras de los ricos en el mercado de valores están en auge mientras que los ingresos de la clase media no han crecido en décadas. Los trabajadores no han visto un crecimiento salarial real en décadas, que los ricos solo se hacen más ricos.

Ahora, creo en el capitalismo, incluso si es una mala palabra en estos días. Creo que los mercados pueden ser una fuerza para el bien, una marea creciente que puede levantar todos los barcos. Pero nuestro trabajo como personas que controlan las palancas del poder es asegurarnos de que todos los barcos suban con la marea. En este momento, la mayoría de los barcos pueden hundirse. Todo esto tiene que cambiar, y es exactamente por eso que mi campaña está pidiendo algo que no hemos tenido en la memoria reciente: administración responsable de la economía. No es demasiado tarde para arreglar esto.

Mi plan para la administración responsable de la economía requiere algunas cosas. Primero, lo que debemos hacer es reforzar la membresía sindical. He trabajado mucho para fortalecer el sindicato de maestros en Florida, dándoles voz en el gobierno y facilitando su derecho a organizarse lo mejor que pueda. Pero se necesita algo más que ofrecerles a los sindicatos un asiento en la mesa, cuando el sistema se ha configurado de tal manera que la mesa es tan alta y el asiento es tan alto.

Necesitamos revocar las restricciones para iniciar sindicatos. Debería poder iniciar un sindicato con el apoyo de la mayoría de los trabajadores en su lugar de trabajo y un solo papel en este país. Los aros procesales creados debido a un miedo equivocado al socialismo que se remonta a décadas lo han convertido en una tarea gigantesca. Más importante aún, necesitamos castigar a las compañías que restringen la actividad sindical con kkfines de hasta el 20% de sus ganancias netas, golpeándolas donde más les duele. Si Marriott Resorts, por ejemplo, se niega a permitir que sus trabajadores se sindicalicen, ya sean trabajadores de la construcción o trabajadores culinarios, deberían recibir un golpe. Y tenemos que revocar las llamadas "leyes sobre el derecho al trabajo" deteniendo a los republicanos de su intento de acumular todos los tribunales federales del país. ¡Los sindicatos son el motor del crecimiento salarial, como estoy seguro de que todos en esta sala lo entienden! "

"Necesitamos aumentar el salario mínimo federal, han pasado 10 años, y en realidad aplicarlo en todo el país. Igual de importante, necesitamos vincularlo a la inflación. Aquí en Nevada, el salario mínimo es de 8 dólares por hora. No puede alimentar a una familia, pagar una hipoteca o ahorrar para comenzar su propio negocio un día si está ganando 8 dólares por hora, es inaceptable en el país más rico del mundo. Como cuenta, sé que no puedes hacerlo. También sé con certeza que el Congreso podría aprobar un proyecto de ley de salario mínimo legalmente vinculante si quisieran. Es parte de su responsabilidad regular el comercio interestatal.

También debemos asegurarnos de que los ricos paguen su parte justa, revirtiendo los recortes de impuestos de Wolf, aumentando los impuestos en el nivel de ingresos más alto y, lo más importante, creando un sistema con 0 obligaciones impositivas para el nivel de ingresos más bajo, para ayudar a quienes viven muy por debajo de la línea de pobreza.

También es hora de ampliar la compensación laboral y los beneficios federales de desempleo, e implementar la licencia por enfermedad remunerada garantizada por el gobierno federal. Al igual que la atención médica, estos son derechos humanos. No debería tener que trabajar si está enfermo, y no debería tener que preocuparse por pagar las facturas solo porque se contagia la gripe.

Sobre el tema de la salud, bueno, usted y yo sabemos que es un derecho humano. No es una mercancía, que es como se trata ahora. "Creo que el camino a seguir es" Medicare para todos los que lo quieran ". Lo que esto incluye es, ante todo, una nueva expansión de la Ley del Cuidado de Salud a Bajo Precio, para ofrecer a los estadounidenses mayores opciones y protecciones si eligen usar un seguro privado. Esto incluiría, por supuesto, medidas contra la discriminación contra personas con condiciones preexistentes, medidas federales para limitar los precios exorbitantes de los medicamentos y una expansión masiva del crédito tributario por ingresos de atención médica. Lo más importante, Medicare para todos los que lo desean es exactamente eso: Medicare para todos los que lo desean. Bajo este sistema, todos los estadounidenses estarían totalmente cubiertos por Medicare, sin primas. Sin embargo, pueden optar por no participar si así lo desean, para usar planes de salud privados. Esto mantiene la libertad de elección, pero obliga a las compañías de seguros a competir con Medicare, reduciendo las primas y aumentando la calidad. Esto les daría a los sindicatos y a los trabajadores un mayor poder de negociación colectiva y, a diferencia de Medicare para Todos, permitiría a las personas mantener su luchada atención médica privada si así lo eligen. Medicare para todos los que quieran brindará a las familias trabajadoras una red de seguridad que Dios sabe que mi madre y mi padre desearían tener, pero no castigará a las personas que tienen la bendición de tener otra cobertura.

Como amigos del sindicato, entienden la necesidad de un negociador fuerte. Todos ustedes dependen de su liderazgo sindical para negociar un trato directo con la gerencia. Bueno, yo mismo soy un negociador duro. Solo pregúntale al presidente Baharia. Me enfrenté cara a cara con Vladimir Putin y gané. En comparación con él, el senador Warrick y el representante Volker son pesos ligeros. Estoy listo para luchar por usted en Washington y forzar al Congreso a despertarse y darse cuenta de que es hora de construir una economía que funcione para el 99%, no solo para el 1%.”

If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Sarenium
Senator

Founded: Sep 18, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarenium » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:43 pm

Republican Senators Policy Luncheon
Washington D.C.

The room was set, the food near ready and Frankston approached the doors apprehensive at first but resiliently prepared. He looked at his list, expecting Merriam, Anderson and the rest to attend. He took his seat at the center of the table, the rest had five minutes before they'd be officially late.
...I'd like to do you slowly...
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Just be Ben Shapiro: Debate your wife into an orgasm; "hypothetically say I moved my hand to..."

Velahor
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:48 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:
Velahor wrote:

"Depends on the job." Eliza stated back, her interest piqued.

“Well, as you probably know, I’m the highest-polling female candidate in the GOP primary of all time. So I’m needing to get serious about my cabinet. While I’m not campaigning much on my ‘womanhood’, I do like the thought of putting women in key positions in my cabinet. As you are a dynamic, strong woman yourself, I think you would be great helping build my team of conservatives, libertarians, and moderates in the White House. Long story short, I would like to make you my White House Chief of Staff. You already have experience running the Office of the First Lady. You already are familiar with the internal workings of the White House, and generally, you would help bring continuity to this all. For me, having you on my team would make it look like my administration would carry on some of the basic goals of the Wolf administration, drawing interest in my campaign from his die-hard supporters.”

Paulson smiled a bit, hoping Eliza would take this well.

Jovuistan
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:10 pm

Sarenium wrote:
Washington D.C.

The room was set, the food near ready and Frankston approached the doors apprehensive at first but resiliently prepared. He looked at his list, expecting Merriam, Anderson and the rest to attend. He took his seat at the center of the table, the rest had five minutes before they'd be officially late.

Senator Slater moved at a slow pace as he traveled to the Luncheon. The doors swung open as his presence was nonverbally declared. He remained stoic as ever as he took his seat at the table, waiting for everyone else to arrive. He flashed Frankston a tiny smile.
Last edited by Jovuistan on Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Die nasty!!111

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:25 pm

Velahor wrote:
Puertollano wrote:
"His name does pose a challenge, but he's nothing more than a paper tiger if you look at his record. He was a Big Pharma CEO, the same people that screwed working people over with the Opiod Crisis. With time, I believe people will learn he is not the populist firebrand his father was made out to be."

Papazian was worried. He wanted the candidate he stood behind to have a comprehensive plan on how to beat his opponents, and he just saw Murphy brush off two of the big names like they were nothing. He would try again, “and Prendergast? If Mr. Big Coal starts scare tactics against the Green New Deal in the general, how would you compete with that?”

"I would emphasize the pro-worker clauses in the Green New Deal, no worker will lose their job, we'll create millions of new green, good-paying union jobs with strong investments in coal country. That's how I would pose it. But I know how to pick my battles. I wouldn't go down to West Virginia and talk all big on the Green New Deal - but I will when it will get our young voters out on election day."
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:42 am

Sarenium wrote:
Washington D.C.

Senator Merriam made her way towards the room where Frankston had set up the policy luncheon with a stack of papers in one arm and a hipflask in the other, taking a large swig of the dark liquor within. Wearing a black suit jacket and skirt with a large American flag brooch and her Senate lapel pin, the small statured woman commanded a great presence as she made her way in, going to tuck the hipflask back into her jacket as she went to shake Frankston's hand. "Howard, so good to see you get a grip on things."
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:45 am

Sarenium wrote:
Washington D.C.

Andersom entered timidly, carrying a folder of papers and a large bag, and wearing a suit but having no cloak, and with a senate lapel pin. He smiled and waved at Frankston.
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:06 am

Governor Jonah Prendergast Jr.
Florida
Thursday 23rd May, 2019

Fernandina Beach

Florida was a must-win state for the Prendergast campaign, though it was also the last one on his unamended campaign schedule. Since the chaos of the Texas primary debate, he had been forced drop several of his planned campaign stops to soar back in. The savage in-fighting had left his horse in that race - Karen Brookshire - badly bloodied, and he had no desire to see the Republicans lose Texas. It would be far too heavy a price to pay. Nonetheless, before he made his way to Texas for a four day tour, he needed to get his Florida visit out of the way.

Fernandina Beach would constitute the first of four visits in the state. Three of his visits were to largely Republican parts of the state - all in the north - from Fernandina Beach in the east through to Panama City Beach in the west. However, he also planned on swinging past Fort Lauderdale in the south of the state. Whilst the greater Miami area was distinctly a Democratic stronghold, the Fort Lauderdale area had a Jewish population of over 200,000 and he hoped to capitalize on comments like Murphy's hostility to Israel in order to gain some breadth of support here.

The Fernandina Beach visit wouldn't be targeted at a big speech, but a more intimate retail strategy. There were several beachside retirement homes in that particular corner of the state that would make for prime targets. The elderly were a good demographic for Jonah, whose septuagenarian age made him far more identifiable than younger candidates. He helped serve breakfast to the elders and he sat with them, speaking about social security and how it needed to be ringfenced from risky, ill-conceived 'compromises' with Democrats for the sake of bipartisanship for bipartisanship's sake. How the fires of intergenerational warfare stoked by Democrats like Levi Murphy threatened harm on their communities and was an ugly poison in society. And - considering this was quite a conservative corner of the state - he pitched a little about the Supreme Court.

It was like hot-cold therapy, allowing the danger to be made apparent before providing the comforting reassurance of his warm, affable personality. Was it exploitative? Perhaps. But the entire election process was like that, it was an unavoidable part of playing the game. After he'd spent his early morning in Fernandina Beach to make his pitch to the local seniors, it was time to move on to his late morning event at Lake City, again in the staunchly conservative north of the state.

Lake City

When he made it to Lake City, he first headed to the PCS Phosphates plant in the city. It was one of the largest local employers, and chemical plants were an industry which would be disproportionately affected by Democrats. Not only would this be an issue here in Lake City, but also across the industrial Midwest and into Pennsylvania, which were all key target states for the Prendergast campaign and brand. Touring the site in protective gear, he met with workers and did the usual spiel of shaking hands and listening both to their explanations of what they were doing with a keen interest, and to their concerns and worries as workers.

Alongside praising their work in their particular field, and the contributions it made to America as well as the nobility of work itself, he would speak to them about protecting wages, boosting them and reducing the tax burden upon them. Making electricity, fuel and food cheaper for them so that their wages can go further and they have more money to spend on what they want to spend it on. It was a broad-based strategy to make work - not welfare - pay, and to reward American workers. Not merely with temporary tax cut, but a real, meaningful transformation of their living circumstances.

Furthermore, he spoke with them about the dangers posed on the left. No Democrat had explicitly rejected the Green New Deal and all its nebulous policy goals entail. Chemicals production consumed a large amount of electricity, and the price of energy would skyrocket under Green New Deal conditions. Without the cheap energy market, factories like the one they were working in could cease to be viable, and that would rip a hole in the heart of their community to the tune of hundreds of jobs. You didn't need to take his word on it, look at how the loss of the paper mills in the Northeast had killed the towns there. The specter of the Baharia Recession loomed again.

With his affairs wrapped up in Lake City, he looked ahead to Panama City Beach. Firmly in the panhandle, not only was this community firmly Republican territory, but it was also a victim of hurricane damage - whilst he wouldn't necessarily be addressing the hurricane directly - for communities struck by disaster such as that, economic anxiety could have an even harsher impact.

Panama City

Panama City in Florida depended on the military as the lynchpin of its economy, with the local Air Force and Navy installations providing the greatest stimulus to the economy. Along with shipbuilders, this meant that the clearest avenue forward here would be his military procurement speech, and as such, groundwork was laid to deliver it - with the requisite amendments.

The local Holiday Inn had an abundance of room for the lunchtime speech and with a free spread of Cuban sandwiches and orange juice laid on, there'd be plenty of incentive for people to spend their lunches coming to hear out what it was that the Governor had to say. He greeted everyone with his usual infectious charm and shook their hands, congratulating and praising them for their work in making their great country safe again.

Once everyone was seated, he began:

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. It's a wonder to be here in Panama City, Florida, among the honest, decent, excellent people that live and work here.

Shipbuilding and aerospace are important to this community, and since the Second World War, the value of those two things in the field of combat has only ever grown. The ability of the United States to project its power anywhere and anywhen makes the world safer and freer, and we have communities like this one to thank for that. Without the work of the decent men and women of Panama City, we would face the grotesque oblivion of a world dominated by the evil empires - Russia and China. Thank you for all you have done to that end.

Since then, of course, investment in Panama City has declined, and you haven't had a fair deal, a square deal. Whilst many of the shipyards remain open, and other industries related to the defense of America, they're not working at their best productivity, and as Democrats continue to winnow down the forces, there looms this awful uncertainty over your heads over the security of your jobs. The security of your ability to put food on your family's tables, and enjoy the dignity of work. Nothing shows more clearly the hostility of Democrats to investment in Panama City more than when subsequent naval expansions have been nixed by them in Congress, once again denting your value as a center of naval production.

This will change under a Prendergast Administration. Why? Because we need forces that are better armed and better prepared than all our adversaries. That kind of preparation, that kind of strategic flexibility, requires equipment and armaments, and that is why I am committing to build on President Wolf's work to make the U.S. Armed Forces great again by vowing a policy of total deterrence against our enemies, from ISIS to Russia or China, by ensuring we have the ships and tanks and aircraft ready so that our enemies know that provocation will be met with retribution and righteous fury.

When I launched my campaign in West Virginia, I spoke about my 'doctrine'. The 'Prendergast Doctrine'. A mission statement that wherever an American walks God's Earth, they know that the mighty eagle, talons bared, is ready to gore whomever might dare to do them harm. That principle stands, but to be able to deliver that principle, we must have the armaments and the means with which to prosecute that goring.

This requires a five pronged approach, and I'm going to take you through the five pillars of this plan from the production and implementation side. I, like the President, place great value in not warning our enemies of our strategic and tactical movements. We are being watched, and it is only wise not to broadcast our movements.

Number one - reconnaissance and satellite intelligence. We need more satellites, more installations as part of our space forces, to be able to keep watch on every corner of the Earth. Like a chorus of archangels, winged amongst the firmament, their eyes scrutinizing the ground. We need to know more about how Russia masses and moves its troops, how North Korea conspires to improve its nuclear program, how China is moving assets that might endanger Hong Kong and Taiwan. These satellites don't need better coverage, they also need better technology, and I will pour money both into the development and deployment of these satellite systems.

Number two - cybersecurity and covert intelligence. We know that undercover operatives and sophisticated hackers are at work across the globe constantly to try to destroy America and our coalition. We need to intensify our work to defend worldwide democracy, encouraging the intelligence community to work together to counteract enemy misinformation and propaganda, and their attempts to manipulate elections. We need to provide more support to those operations which have the capability to create terrible disasters, and we need to nurture computer talent to improve our defenses against the kind of hacking that could interfere with anything from the control system of a nuclear power plant to even the pacemaker in a single person.

Number three - the Army and the Marines. The U.S. Army and the U.S. Marines has been focused on counter-insurgency operations for twenty years now in Iraq and Afghanistan now, and their work has been terrific there, but we have to consider that there has been a lack of expertise and complacency setting in as we've focused so much on counter-insurgency warfare that we may not be fully prepared for a large scale conventional war. We must make preparations and conduct fresh wargames, here and with N.A.T.O. allies, to ensure our preparedness for the possibility of a large scale conventional war is as good as it can be. This doesn't just mean traininga and practise, but also production. We need tanks. We need artillery pieces. We need armaments. We need a defense industry in this country ready to meet the challenge, and so we need to get America's factories working again!

Number four - the Air Force. We need to provide more support to the United States Air Force, and the air components of the U.S. Navy, so that we are ready to tackle malicious, powerful air powers should they make moves against us or our partners. China has a powerful air complement, and so does Russia, and we need to make sure we have the ability to sustain absolute air supremacy in potential theaters with those opponents. Without that air supremacy, we will face the prospect - the harrowing prospect - of our beloved troops and our great ships entering those theaters without the necessary cover. They will be exposed to awful risks if we do not improve our air power. We will be building planes again!

Number five - the Navy. That's where you come in, Panama City. Shipyards like those here need to get our navy back up to speed. Reagan's drive for a six-hundred ship navy is part of what helped us win the Cold War, damnit! I want to see a wholesale expansion of the U.S. Navy so that we have an enhanced capacity to deploy our forces will full cover and support anytime, anywhere, if we should need it. It is only through that power of absolute deterrence that we will make our enemies cower and we will ensure the peace that America deserves. That means we need to be laying down keels not just for new aircraft carriers, but also missile-launching arsenal ships - the new battleships - to provide cover and stand toe-to-toe with Russia's Kirov-class missile battlecruisers. We will make the Navy strong again, and through that, we will make America safe again! We will reopen the naval stations, and build new ones. We will enhance our shared bases with allies across the world, to ensure that at any time we will have an absolute deterrent against provocation.

I am so grateful for the work that your city has done, is doing, and will do to keep America safe and keep America great. I want to provide you the investment to build on that work and magnify your accomplishments, and finally restore America's august, unchallenged might!

Thank you, Panama City! God bless you, and God bless America!"

Hoping that the promise of expanded military spending, and thus investment in their community, would be enticing to the people of Panama City (who surely needed the cash), he spend as much time as he could shaking hands and sitting with people, listening to their concerns, leaving that positive personal touch wherever he could. Only once people had to file back to their workplaces did he help back up and proceeded on to his final stop in Florida for that day - the Jewish communities of Fort Lauderdale.

Fort Lauderdale

At the helpfully named The Venue of Fort Lauderdale, he set up for the evening. The event was specifically set up to be welcoming to members of the local Jewish community, with any food laid on being meticulously checked for its kosher status - no shellfish, no pork, no meat-mixed-with-dairy. He wanted to make sure he struck the chords right with them as he went to speak with his crowd, having greeted them all with warmth and positivity as they came through the door.

Once everyone was seated, he went into the full swing of his speech on Israel, hoping that he could convince them that he was the best placed ally to their communities and cause.

"Good evening, Fort Lauderdale.

In the 1980s, (not-Joe Biden) took to the Senate floor to say that Israel was the best investment America could make. That were there not an Israel, it would be necessary for us to create an Israel. It was a time when our support for the Jewish nation was not defined as a partisan issue, or even an issue at all. We knew who our closest, best ally in the Middle East was, we knew who stands as the beacon of democracy and liberty and human rights in the Middle East. And we knew that the Jewish people deserve the support and kindness of a world that had spent the past three thousand years tormenting them unjustly.

Yet today, things are very different. Activist movements like B.D.S. have initiated a war on Judaism, intend on doing everything in their power to inflict real, economic harm on Israel. The frontrunner in the Democratic presidential race, Levi Murphy, described Israel as an apartheid state. An apartheid state. Speaking from his comfortable soapboxes in Minnesota and Washington, I don't think Senator Murphy knows what an apartheid state is. And leaving aside the profound offense this undoubtedly poses to black communities who knew the horrors of South Africa under apartheid, what right does he have to comment? He has no understanding, no context, of the Jewish experience.

Neither, in truth, do I. I am not Jewish. It is for that reason that I recognize that making flippant and ill-conceived comments on Israel from a position of ignorance is the worst and most incendiary thing I can do. Especially at a time when anti-Semitism is at its worst for decades. Synagogues coming under direct attacks - it is a bleak picture to consider. A temple is a house of peace, and that peace is under threat from the nefarious serpent of Jew-hatred that has been stirred up by a poisonous left-wing discourse. A discourse that makes no sense whatsoever. Israel is the most liberal state in the Middle East, both in terms of its politics and its constitution. Yet it has become the enemy of the left. Why?

Conspiracy theorism comes to mind. Fake news and false discourses have become prolific in this day and age, especially on social media. Their narrative is, of course, familiar to you. Hitler called it the 'Judeo-Bolshevist' threat. Stalin and Zhdanov called it 'rootless cosmopolitanism'. And now Levi Murphy calls it 'the apartheid state'. Depicting the Jew as the nefarious other, the wicked outsider, the fifth column is all too familiar to you and your families who know first hand the terrible experiences of 20th century Europe. I promise you that I will do everything in my power to counteract it here in these United States.

It is, perhaps, no surprise that far left Democrats like Levi Murphy and Abigail Winthrop embrace anti-Semitism as a part of their dogma. Not merely in their admiration and whitewashing of the works of the communists, but also in their affinity for British socialist Jeremy Corbyn, whose thinly veiled disdain for Jews there has stirred up a rabid anti-Semitic discourse in the United Kingdom. Whether it's him saying that 'Zionists can't understand British irony', or laying wreaths on the graves of the terrorists who conducted the Munich massacre, there is no mistaking his hatred for the Jewish people. The fact that leading Democrats identify with this man should be a concern to all Americans.

Under my Administration, the United States will reaffirm its cast-iron commitment to protecting the sovereignty and independence of the Jewish state. Israel is not on the table, and the rights of the Jewish people to self-determination is not up for negotiation. Not only would by State Department make the defense of Israel a priority again, but also the defense of Jews everywhere. The persecution of religious minorities in the Middle East will be a target for not merely criticism but sanction from the United States. Never again can the world afford the disgrace and horror of abandoning the Jewish people in their hour of need again.

At home, it will be a priority for federal law enforcement agencies to protect your community, tracking threats and the fomenting of anti-Semitic discourse to identify those who would conduct the next synagogue shooting. You must have the assurance that the Federal Government you elect is doing everything in its power to protect you. I am committed to using the full force of the Federal Government to counteract this very real domestic terror threat.

I also support the initiative of Senator Kost, your excellent representative in the Senate, to highlight the damage done by the B.D.S. movement and counteract it. We cannot tolerate a group rooted in Jew hatred infecting our college campuses, poisoning our discourse and trying to hijack the American economy to attack Israel and the Jews it protects by its mere existence. We can and should and must end this wicked and insidious movement, before it gains the weight and momentum to start inflicting real harm on you all.

I hope that what I have had to say has given you some small comfort. America has a shame, a stain of guilt upon it, since it turned away the boats of Jewish refugees and sent them back to Europe in the 1930s. I hope that I can repay that terrible debt in some small part to you with policies that will protect and nurture the American Jewish community.

Thank you, Fort Lauderdale. God bless you, and God bless America."
Neoliberal
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

The Nordic Model
Attaché

Founded: Nov 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nordic Model » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:43 am

Azekopolaltion wrote:Tim saw Senator Sharansky's call. He had grown a little cold towards her, considering that she had turned down several requests for more rallies, but nevertheless he had needed her help on this legislative proposal. He took her call.

"Hi Rebekah, I hope you're well. I think it would be more appropriate to forward the bill to Senate leadership, but only after organizing a meeting with Simone, not the Speaker. I've already mentioned it to her in a prior meeting, but I'm sure she'd want to see the contents of the bill before any public release."

"Ok, I will do that. I'll email Simone the draft and ask for her thoughts. You're not planning a return to D.C. by any chance, perhaps for a presser on the bill or to meet with activist groups? I would prefer to do it on my own." Rebekah had not planned on becoming so intertwined with Senator Westra's activities that she was developing a reputation for being a "Westra shill" in Washington, but here she was.

Sarenium
Senator

Founded: Sep 18, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarenium » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:56 am

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:"Howard, so good to see you get a grip on things."

"Somebody has to eventually," he laughed, gesturing to the available seat near him, she was one of his favourites, bit too Liberal for his liking but she stuck to her guns, she paid no lip service to the tea party and that won her huge ticks.

With most attendees present he stood to address the U.S. Senate's majority caucus.

"Senators, freshman and oldies alike," he grinned looking at Myles, "whether this is your first term in the Senate, or your last, these luncheons have always presented opportunity to remind ourselves of our collective strength. We are a group, consistent with big ideas and big visions, the only harm that has ever landed upon our caucus, or the name of our party is when discipline and unity have lacked. When the vision presented has not been consistent with our shared vision as a group. So, while activity and taking home big wins is an ideal situation to land yourself in, giving us all a legacy we can be proud of back home is just as important. Once Texas reaches a conclusion, attention will be fixed on Iowa and New Hampshire. I know for some of you those are where you hail from, but we all have our own constituents, and we serve at their pleasure. We want a Republican President to follow President Wolf, any of them would be better than the socialist stooges that run the opposition, to have a Republican President we have to show the public what a Republican Administration can achieve. That means bills and items of legislation that pressure the Speaker, not put our party's candidates in the position of having to disavow our proposals," he glanced at Barry for a split second, "soon, when Texas ends, and the Fall brings us all back here, I expect legislation that addresses the American people's concerns, when they put up job killing bills, we put up job creating bills. These luncheons are an opportunity for us to talk out our differences and reach a consensus, so that when we're back in the Senate chamber, we're all on the same page."

He knew it wasn't his best speech, but he smiled uneasily for a moment before resuming his seat, "I want to hear from you all on how best we notch up some legislative wins by December," he gestured vaguely to the group hoping someone took his invitation to speak.
...I'd like to do you slowly...
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Just be Ben Shapiro: Debate your wife into an orgasm; "hypothetically say I moved my hand to..."

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:00 am

Sarenium wrote:He knew it wasn't his best speech, but he smiled uneasily for a moment before resuming his seat, "I want to hear from you all on how best we notch up some legislative wins by December," he gestured vaguely to the group hoping someone took his invitation to speak.

Merriam spoke up first. "Bills on social issues aren't just bad for me in New Hampshire, they're putting our Senators in Arizona and Colorado in the direct firing line. We're even in danger of letting North Carolina and Maine slip through our fingers. We should be hammering home on economic legislation. Infrastructure in particular is still a hot button issue and can be a real job creator if we can make a conducive plan for that. It does mean, however, we're going to have to make a choice whether we're willing to embrace expanding deficit spending to pay for it, but public-private partnership should help bring costs down to an extent."
Neoliberal

Velahor
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:17 am

Diane Paulson
@DianeForLiberty

Only $10k more until we reach our monthly fundraising goal! Donate at DianePaulson2020.com/donate
#LibertyPeaceProsperity #Paulson2020

Velahor
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:33 am

Puertollano wrote:
Velahor wrote:

"I would emphasize the pro-worker clauses in the Green New Deal, no worker will lose their job, we'll create millions of new green, good-paying union jobs with strong investments in coal country. That's how I would pose it. But I know how to pick my battles. I wouldn't go down to West Virginia and talk all big on the Green New Deal - but I will when it will get our young voters out on election day."

Papazian liked Murphy, he could tell that Murphy really cared where others didn’t. On the other hand, he couldn’t help but feel like Murphy had bitten off more than he could chew and while he had policy points, he was lacking in the political strategy needed to pull this one off.

This wasn’t a bad thing, it just meant that his asking price would be higher.

“Senator Murphy, I wanted to bring it to you that a lot of the presidential candidates have been asking me to be in their cabinet, often, in exchange for an endorsement. I’m being transparent here, I want you all to have a fair shot. So I was wondering if your campaign has also been considering me for such a spot.”

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:36 am

Republican Senators Policy Luncheon, Washington, DC

Senator Warrick arrived somewhat late, having dealt with a particularly testy meeting with the Minority Leader which went longer than expected. He entered the room as the Texas Senator finished his speech, and took his seat next to the Whip.

“Sorry I’m late.” He said curtly.

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:22 am

Thomas Volker
@RepresentativeVolker
I'm proud to announce today that I am endorsing the candidacy of former Secretary Misra in the Kentucky Gubernatorial Election. I know from my time in the House that Ms Misra is the candidate best positioned to ensure that the desires of the people of Kentucky are fully delivered upon. I look forward to watching Ms Misra on the campaign trail as it progresses.
Last edited by Greater Arab State on Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse