NATION

PASSWORD

The Medieval South [OOC/Sign-Ups]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:16 pm

I may create an Earl of Maryland who is one of the few Catholic nobles, if that is acceptable.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Khasinkonia » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:22 pm

Sanabel wrote:I may create an Earl of Maryland who is one of the few Catholic nobles, if that is acceptable.

Bienvenue à la fête des monarques catholiques, mon ami(e)!

The United Empire of Exucular
Senator

Founded: May 28, 2013
Anarchy

Postby The United Empire of Exucular » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:40 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
Sanabel wrote:I may create an Earl of Maryland who is one of the few Catholic nobles, if that is acceptable.

Bienvenue à la fête des monarques catholiques, mon ami(e)!

My character is a Catholic too! May I suggest a vacation to the Vatican while the continent goes to war for like the fifth time this century?
CSS ALLIANCE MEMBER

Head of The Grand Inquisition of the Church of Google
The Where's Waldo of the Region of Atlas
General of Ugandan Outer Space
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Sig.
Click for War History!
#IStandWithAtlas #UniteAtlasDiaspora

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:41 pm

As a rule of thumb, is an individual who rules over an entire state a prince, or does the title of prince denote a relation with House Vanderbilt

If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:51 pm

The United Empire of Exucular wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:Bienvenue à la fête des monarques catholiques, mon ami(e)!

My character is a Catholic too! May I suggest a vacation to the Vatican while the continent goes to war for like the fifth time this century?

Perhaps we ought to create a Catholic club lol

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Founded: May 15, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:56 pm

Realistically I wouldn’t say few, in regards to if there was southern nobility, I’d think a good handful from Louisiana and Florida would be heavily catholic, being French and Spanish respectively. But in regards to the current RP yes there are but a few.

Khasinkonia wrote:
The United Empire of Exucular wrote:My character is a Catholic too! May I suggest a vacation to the Vatican while the continent goes to war for like the fifth time this century?

Perhaps we ought to create a Catholic club lol

American Catholig League?

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:57 pm

Lux Pulchrae wrote:

Realistically I wouldn’t say few, in regards to if there was southern nobility, I’d think a good handful from Louisiana and Florida would be heavily catholic, being French and Spanish respectively. But in regards to the current RP yes there are but a few.

Khasinkonia wrote:Perhaps we ought to create a Catholic club lol

I was only assuming due to the likely anti-Catholic sentiment among the general population as there was during the period in real life

The United Empire of Exucular
Senator

Founded: May 28, 2013
Anarchy

Postby The United Empire of Exucular » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:59 pm

Lux Pulchrae wrote:

Khasinkonia wrote:Perhaps we ought to create a Catholic club lol

Looking forward to crusading with all of you.
CSS ALLIANCE MEMBER

Head of The Grand Inquisition of the Church of Google
The Where's Waldo of the Region of Atlas
General of Ugandan Outer Space
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Sig.
Click for War History!
#IStandWithAtlas #UniteAtlasDiaspora

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:01 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Lux Pulchrae wrote:

I was only assuming due to the likely anti-Catholic sentiment among the general population as there was during the period in real life

That is true. You’re right, the south is very anti catholic, at least back then. As far as I’m aware

Khasinkonia wrote:I'm including mention of Louisiana nobility in my next post. You can decide whether it would apply to Duchamp

I’ll be sure to check

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:03 pm

Sanabel wrote:As a rule of thumb, is an individual who rules over an entire state a prince, or does the title of prince denote a relation with House Vanderbilt

A second question-

Would it be possible to RP as a member of House Lee?

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:06 pm

Lux Pulchrae wrote:
Sanabel wrote:I was only assuming due to the likely anti-Catholic sentiment among the general population as there was during the period in real life

That is true. You’re right, the south is very anti catholic, at least back then. As far as I’m aware

A lot of it is, save for most of South Louisiana, which is, even among Anglo populations, majority catholic. And with the state sponsoring it, I reckon Louisiana is becoming majority catholic in the north too as the anglo protestants move out to find somewhere that won't try to teach them French.

Alaroma
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016

Postby Alaroma » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:41 pm

Lordy, the Catholics are up to something.
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:42 pm

Alaroma wrote:Lordy, the Catholics are up to something.

Yes, I don’t think I am going to play as a Catholic character

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:45 pm

Sanabel wrote:

Yes, I don’t think I am going to play as a Catholic character

Whatever you say.
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:46 pm

Alaroma wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Yes, I don’t think I am going to play as a Catholic character

Whatever you say.

Mostly because I have another character idea. For Custis Lee, Duke of Virginia

I’ll have an application up fairly soon.
Last edited by Sanabel on Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 31, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:57 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Alaroma wrote:Whatever you say.

Mostly because I have another character idea. For Custis Lee, Duke of Virginia

viewtopic.php?p=36979900#p36979900
You'll probably want to check in with this person.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:58 pm

The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Mostly because I have another character idea. For Custis Lee, Duke of Virginia

viewtopic.php?p=36979900#p36979900

Whoops, I didn’t see that!

I’ll work on another idea in that case, my apologies

The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 31, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:02 pm

Sanabel wrote:
The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism wrote:viewtopic.php?p=36979900#p36979900

Whoops, I didn’t see that!

Just making you aware of it. Maybe possible for you to get permission to use Custis, but I leave that between you good folks.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:04 pm

The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Whoops, I didn’t see that!

Just making you aware of it. Maybe possible for you to get permission to use Custis, but I leave that between you good folks.

Thank you.

Waiting for the OP to return to answer some questions.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:17 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xid2_oEP5ho

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:52 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:

Oh Khas you beautiful person...
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:07 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:

Some bumping tunes, ngl. Also very reminiscent of a panflute

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:16 pm

Israel Anthony Boykin - (1860 - Present)

Account Name:Alaroma
Occupation: Prince of the Kingdom of Texas, Cadet of the Dallas Military College
Motives: The Union is coming, you can be damn sure about that. And you know what we’re doing? Strolling around with our dicks out.
Background:

I was born in the midst of exciting times, there was no denying that. It was the years leading up to the war. Of course this is all in retrospect, not as if a 2 year old could get the complications of war. Though what I did get was the utter sadness of loosing the war before the war. Well, perhaps sadness wasn’t the correct word for me, but I saw it in the people around me. My little sister had just been born.

The North elected a tyrant that year, and it was clear to my countrymen that their authoritarianism would not be taken laying down. Either out of patriotism, love to his family, or something else, my father went off to war. As such, for five years I was raised primarily by my grandmother and grandfather in Houston. It was a humid hell, but beyond that, my view of the world developed around that city. It was named after the Texan Republic’s first President apparently. The sadness of when that giant died was far more acute in my mind, and it’s swept through the community.

As time went on, I grew older and taller. I lead groups of boys on adventures, hunting rattlesnakes and other wild animals around the city. Thinking back on it, that probably wasn’t well advised. My grandmother certainly thought so when I brought back the severed head of one of the creatures one afternoon. To say i got the beating of my then young life would be an understatement, and it was far from the worst.

When my father came home, he was a titan of a man to me and my sister. I barely remembered him, and Iris certainly didn’t. We only had photos and stories to remember him by, but from the medals on his chest, and the claps on the back and community celebrations of him (and other Texan soldiers coming home) it was obvious to me at a young age he was a hero. Something to emulate. So I did.

He became quite involved in our lives, and with great sadness, we moved away from our grandparents. Though it wasn’t all bad, as we got to know our father. We were arranged to go to school as well, but this relatively average life didn’t last long. 3 years after the war, my grandfather apparently became King of Texas. “I thought we didn’t have kings?” Was the first question I asked my father upon hearing the news. My sister was far more elated than I was.

Under my Grandfather’s kingship, the world’s expectations for me shifted drastically. It went from I was supposed to lead a business to an entire Kingdom? Crazy, I know. It wasn’t all bad truth be told, I learned science, mathematics, and dueling. However..........with knowledge came burden. And that’s burden came in the form of me realizing just how poor Texas apparently was. “Israel, we’d still be a part of The United States if Union Generals hadn’t been so incompetent.” My father would tell me. How they had hordes of men, supplies, and courage.

That made me realize what happened if they produced better leaders. Though that didn’t unnerve me, what unnerved me was his rants about the incompetence of Confederate leadership, and how we were damned to be conquered if we didn’t change course. My grandfather had tried to consolidate the government’s power, but my father assured me there was still much work to be done. He spared my sister these rants, and I’m happy he did. It filled me with an anxiety I’m not sure how to handle.

When I was 17, I joined the Dallas Military College. Established after the war, and staffed with war veterans and German officers, my father fashioned it the most prestigious Military Academy this side of the Mississippi. How true that is, is up for debate. Though it’s not like West Point was going to accept my application, so this would have to do.

The Texan Military was a small but fierce thing, and I was training to join the ranks of 14,000 men loyal to the Emperor, to the King, and to the Texan Congress. It was undergoing some reforms as of late, lessons from European wars updating our curriculum and the military at large. I spent most the year in a class room, and we did the bulk of our drills in the summer.

Though 2 years in, I got my first break. Of course the Emperor had to go and die, so that’s why I’m talking to you on this train. Yeah, I know, I’m all you expected from a Prince, aren’t I?

Titles/Positions: Crown Prince of the Kingdom of Texas, Duke of Sherman, Cadet
Holdings: Sherman and Grayson County
Politics: The Confederacy is sinking, and it’s sinking fast. We have the right to leave this wretched alliance, and we should do so with utmost haste, and get the protection of the British. However we will need a united Texas, one with a single vision. As such, the power of the crown must be enhanced. I have a few inclinations as how to achieve that, and it involves knocking anyone with too big a head down a peg. The lands past the Pecos have been tamed, they should be settled, as it is our right. It’s also obvious That industrialization must come to the Kingdom if she is to thrive. And finally, the abolishment of that wretched practice slavery.
Faith: The Methodist Church
-Nuverkikstan

Vienna Eliot
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 16, 2018

Postby Vienna Eliot » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:29 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Sanabel wrote:As a rule of thumb, is an individual who rules over an entire state a prince, or does the title of prince denote a relation with House Vanderbilt

A second question-

Would it be possible to RP as a member of House Lee?

Yes, though as Archism mentioned there is a character in progress who appears to be slated to be a military governor of Virginia. Which makes sense, seeing that it's awful close to the North.

Adding all the secondary characters to the OP right now.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:31 pm

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse