NATION

PASSWORD

The Land Of The Free: An American Political Roleplay (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Velahor
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:35 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Velahor wrote:
“I like that you have momentum on your side right now, it isn’t too long until the first debate right? If you’re gaining in the polls and then you have a good debate performance, you could be holding a nice lead come August or so,” replied Papazian. “I’ve been watching some of your speeches online when I get a chance. Good stuff, you’re saying a lot of things I would say myself.”

“Well thank you, I appreciate the compliment. Great minds think alike,” he laughed. “I sure hope I do well in the debates. But listen, if you don’t mind me being frank, I negotiated with the likes of Putin and Xi Jinping while I was Trade Rep under Baharia. I think I can handle a few lightweight senators.”

“I think you’ll do great,” remarked the congressman. “We really need someone in office who knows how to handle this trade stuff. Besides your immigrant family background, which I can relate to a lot, the other thing that got me interested in your campaign is that you’re like the literal opposite of Wolf. He’s messed up our trade policy so much and caused so much damage, you’d think the only logical solution would be someone Latino, smart-on-trade, and with executive experience. I wish he was running, you’d literally embarrass him in a general election debate.”
”A wasted vote is voting for someone that you don’t believe in”

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Diane Paulson - Congresswoman - Maine 2nd District
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
William S. Rogers III - Senator - Montana
Martha Prendergast - Senator & First Lady - West Virginia
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:38 pm

Velahor wrote:
Sanabel wrote:“Well thank you, I appreciate the compliment. Great minds think alike,” he laughed. “I sure hope I do well in the debates. But listen, if you don’t mind me being frank, I negotiated with the likes of Putin and Xi Jinping while I was Trade Rep under Baharia. I think I can handle a few lightweight senators.”

“I think you’ll do great,” remarked the congressman. “We really need someone in office who knows how to handle this trade stuff. Besides your immigrant family background, which I can relate to a lot, the other thing that got me interested in your campaign is that you’re like the literal opposite of Wolf. He’s messed up our trade policy so much and caused so much damage, you’d think the only logical solution would be someone Latino, smart-on-trade, and with executive experience. I wish he was running, you’d literally embarrass him in a general election debate.”

“Well thanks, Congressman. I’m glad he’s not, though. It’s time we put this Wolf crap behind us and move on as a country, but I appreciate all of the compliments, like I said. Now- uh, what brings us together today, Congressman? Other than wanting a cup of coffee? I’m sure you’re being solicited for endorsements left and right.”
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:58 pm

Sarenium wrote:
Bruke wrote:
"It certainly is, although I usually refrain from discussing donors before giving my endorsement. Hypothetically, if I were to, as you put it, 'direct some checkbooks', what kind of donors would you be looking for?"

"The ones that won't bring trouble with them," she replied, acutely aware of his past, "the Mayor is hosting a few fundraisers, if you could direct some people for future guest lists who may be receptive to a pragmatic woman behind the Resolute Desk, that would be much appreciated."

“Depends on how soon the fundraisers are.”

Velahor
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:33 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Velahor wrote:

“Well thanks, Congressman. I’m glad he’s not, though. It’s time we put this Wolf crap behind us and move on as a country, but I appreciate all of the compliments, like I said. Now- uh, what brings us together today, Congressman? Other than wanting a cup of coffee? I’m sure you’re being solicited for endorsements left and right.”

“You lead the way I want to see our country led. I’m giving everyone I like their fair chance, as well as anyone who asks for an endorsement. I want to weight my options. I’m methodical about this stuff, I weigh the pros and cons of everyone before deciding. But there would be a lot of upside in seeing you as President. I think we see eye to eye on a lot, and your campaign, to me, seems the most ‘presidential’. You have that advantage. On the other hand, I have commitments to major transportation and infrastructure legislation or even making me Secretary of Transportation or HUD should they be elected from other candidates. I’m a freshman representative only a few months in, but they’ve made it clear that my endorsement matters. My district is quite an important one, not necessarily for votes ‘cuz it’s solid blue, but for donors and endorsements. You want a gateway to donations from Hollywood donors? Silver Lake yuppie progressives? Echo Park hipsters who look homeless but actually work for a million-dollar startup? I’m the guy you want on your side. Those people donated to my campaign, and they’ll donate to yours too if I say the word. Or do you want a ground movement of workers and activists, driving voter turnout in one of the greatest cities on earth, with members of the Teamsters union and other labor orgs all standing behind Velez for president? I can make it happen. I have a lot of pull in California.”

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:36 pm

Buffalo, New York

(OOC: Added left out for some reason in final draft) Burgun decided to make a quick trip to upstate New York. New York is a late voting state, but it is more to do with buoying national polls rather than specific state polls that drove him to the action. Thus the logical action would be to do a town hall in Erie County. Erie County is the perfect location for Burgun-Republicans. The county is significantly more religious than its neighboring counties, and has been left behind in recent decades.

"Hello Buffalo. The past few years have been a rough one for this once fair city. Neoliberals and their allies in government have destroyed this great city. They have destroyed it through the reckless commitment to unfair so-called "Free Trade" deals that have destroyed the hard-working class of this city. Then they continued by eroding family and community by forcing policies down our throat like Roe vs Wade which allowed for the murder of the innocent and unborn. Then they continued with policies to promote gender dysphoria a very severe mental condition, all in the name of diversity. While Wall Street got a bailout for their reckless behavior the good people of this city have been left in the dust. Forgotten by the neoliberal establishment, you guys were left for dead.

But not anymore, under the Wolf admin all of you guys have seen a glimmer of hope for the first time in many, many years. He has repealed unfair deals like TPP and NAFTA, he has done all of that and much more. I read that for the first time in many, many, years Buffalo has finally seen its unemployment rate go down. The last one I read is .83%, which is absolutely insane. During this time in the Baharia admin, he took your votes for granted, and then proceeded to stab all of you in the back. Buffalo had an unemployment rate of 10% during the first year of the Baharia admin. Baharia stabbed all of you in the back, Clifford stabbed you in the back. While Wolf did tremendously well in this county for a Republican, you gave him many votes, and look at what he did. Wolf did not stab all of you the back, he brought jobs back from China. Buffalo has been betrayed over and over again by the neoliberal elite, but by voting for a true populist in unprecedented numbers you have seen prosperity return to this City.

Especially the black community, they have had the short stick most of all under the neoliberal Baharia and Clifford admins. The jobs that have been lost and/or outsourced to China, they were disproportionately held by the black community. Is is any surprise that the black community has been trapped in non-stop poverty over and over and over again? It is not a surprise, it is only a surprise if you ignore the obvious problems underlying the black community. Namely the fact that free trade deals that have destroyed the jobs in the black community. Without jobs. how can there be a stable, functional, and healthy society? That in truth is the reason why the African Community has been trapped in systematic and generational poverty, it is because the neoliberals outsourced all their jobs away. Now with President Wolf the black unemployment rate is the lowest in history. It is time to stand up for the black community and all working families in resisting the rising tide of automation.

Don't listen to the false prophets like Westra and Doyle, they think automation is a good thing. These are the same folks who said that free trade was a good thing. These are the same guys who said the Buffalo would not be devastated by their policies. Indeed they stated that Buffalo would prosper. Look at what happened while wealthy neoliberals made wealthy liberal areas richer and richer. We saw it with automation, neoliberals made their homes richer, but look at cities like this one. They left Buffalo behind, and they will continue to leave Buffalo behind. That is why we must resist the forces of automation, just like we should have done so with the so-called free trade movement when it originally sprung up. We must have a very high automation tax, a policy endorsed by Not-Bill Gates, a very common-sense policy. If companies steal your job and give to a robot they should pay for it.

As somebody who has been accused of hating others for their beliefs, that could not be further from the truth. I would like to share the following Bible Verse.

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." Ephesians 6:12. That verse more than anything else is the heart of my campaign.

I do not "hate" Clifford, I do not "hate" Baharia, I do not have a grudge with Senator Merriam, but I will 100 times over condemn the policies that they have and the forces that they seek to impose upon the good people of this country. They are trying to impose a society devoid of traditional morality. According to them, there should be unrestricted access to abortion, the greatest evil in this land. If they had the country they would promote gender dysphoria all across their great country. They will outsource every job they can outsource in the name of "economic efficiency". Well, such economic efficiency has a price, and the price is a high one. All of you have seen how high the price is to pay for cheap stuff from China. It means absolute ruin for the people of Buffalo in return for folks liberal bubbles to have 3 housemaids.

You folks in Buffalo have seen what the end result of what their policy looks like. It means absolute ruin for anybody living outside of their bubble. It means the forces of rising income inequality. They tell us that the government should not be in the process of picking winners and losers. Well I firmly disagree with that stupid assertion, I would pick America as the winner, the American people as champions, and American goods as superior.

Under my administration Buffalo will once against see a resurgence, it will rise from the ashes like a phoenix. Now I will open the floor up to any and all questions."
Last edited by Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi on Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:48 pm

Buffalo, New York

A man with a union cap asked a question. "Wolf is placing tariffs on countries left and right, and that's a good start, but this city needs more than tariffs to get out of the mess we're in.... but here's a start: will you bar companies that outsource from bidding for government contracts?"

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:03 pm

Bruke wrote:Buffalo, New York

A man with a union cap asked a question. "Wolf is placing tariffs on countries left and right, and that's a good start, but this city needs more than tariffs to get out of the mess we're in.... but here's a start: will you bar companies that outsource from bidding for government contracts?"

"I believe that is a very good start, but I believe that we need to be more specific in the language as Washington is very specific about the language that we use. We need to define outsourcing as a company and its subsidiaries that have seen a net decrease in jobs within the United States while experiencing a net increase in jobs outside of the United States. I believe those companies need to 100% be banned from bidding on government contracts, or at the very least be the bidder of absolute last resort if no other bidder comes forward with a reasonable price. These companies should not be rewarded with government contracts. I studied economics before, and the government spending is more effective, efficient, and more likely to help workers if the government contracts go to companies who would invest in America.

Some Republicans believe that the government should not be picking winners and losers, but I firmly disagree with those Republicans. I believe 100% that the government should pick America and Americans as winners, and the foreign interests as losers. The number 1 priority of the government is providing the opportunity for Americans to succeed. The Republican Party believes very firmly in the equality of opportunity and providing all Americans with a path to prosperity. That is where we agree. However, some Republicans believe that

I would expand on that policy by promising that from now all Made in America should mean Made in America by cracking down on the Buy American rules and ensuring all federal departments abide by that rule. Many departments don't follow the rules, we need to be fairer from now on. We need to make sure that wherever possible the Buy American rules are enforced on federal departments. "

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:18 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:
Bruke wrote:Buffalo, New York

"I believe that is a very good start, but I believe that we need to be more specific in the language as Washington is very specific about the language that we use. We need to define outsourcing as a company and its subsidiaries that have seen a net decrease in jobs within the United States while experiencing a net increase in jobs outside of the United States. I believe those companies need to 100% be banned from bidding on government contracts, or at the very least be the bidder of absolute last resort if no other bidder comes forward with a reasonable price. These companies should not be rewarded with government contracts. I studied economics before, and the government spending is more effective, efficient, and more likely to help workers if the government contracts go to companies who would invest in America.

Some Republicans believe that the government should not be picking winners and losers, but I firmly disagree with those Republicans. I believe 100% that the government should pick America and Americans as winners, and the foreign interests as losers. The number 1 priority of the government is providing the opportunity for Americans to succeed. The Republican Party believes very firmly in the equality of opportunity and providing all Americans with a path to prosperity. That is where we agree. However, some Republicans believe that

I would expand on that policy by promising that from now all Made in America should mean Made in America by cracking down on the Buy American rules and ensuring all federal departments abide by that rule. Many departments don't follow the rules, we need to be fairer from now on. We need to make sure that wherever possible the Buy American rules are enforced on federal departments. "

The man gave a tip of the hat in appreciation for Burgun's answer- he liked the cut of his jib.

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:56 pm

Levi Murphy Rally
Concord, New Hampshire

Several forces were beginning to focus their aim on Levi. As the front-runner, he expected such, but this began to fuel the campaign as one defying the establishment and the many attempts to blunt his movement. Unfortunately for them, his campaign continued to move forwards, and with more small donor donations coming into the campaign, they were looking like a well-funded, well-oiled machine. Not many had yet seen a glimpse of the possible media power the campaign was still yet to use, Team Levi had only yet run an advertisement in Nevada. They were holding on to closer to the Iowa Caucus, the New Hampshire Primary and the Nevada Caucus to spend big. But now, Levi had a rally to conduct in New Hampshire.

His campaign director for the North-East, Gemma Aricudo, prefaced the crowd. "Who is ready to make some noise?!" She shouted, stepping back the crowd responded with tremendous cheer and applause. "Before we bring up the Senator to speak with y'all, let me first talk about when I first met the Senator. In fact, it was here in Concord just last year. We were at a progressive fundraiser for the mid-term elections and Levi told me some very important words that have stuck with me since. He told me that political revolutions are not started by a single person, they are the echoes of a long-ignored class of working people who are tired of not being heard. Baginski, he told me, was the first to move the ground on this issue, that made working people like you and me begin to demand more. Our political movement stems from Democrats inspired by Baginski, but also Kennedy, FDR and Truman, who saw greater possibilities for the Democratic Party beyond the corporate boardroom. He told me that while someone has to pick up the mantel, they must still be selfless and ready to carry it for the betterment of the many not the few. And, here we are today. Standing in a packed gym, with a packed audience who are ready for this political revolution. So, if I have one thing to ask of our brothers and sisters, come join the movement. Progressives and working class people alike, this is our moment, let's no blow it. Give the Senator a warm welcome to the stage!"

Levi arrived on stage to 'We're Not Going To Take It' by Twisted Sister. He thanked Gemma and was given the microphone.

"Love the energy here, love the passion. We're going to transform this country, for the many, not the few." Levi took a sip of water. "This transformation includes diagnosing the problems with our existing system, built around serving the rich and powerful and neglecting the working people of this country in every and all decisions. It is rigged against people like you and me on purpose, that is not accidental, that is inherent in the system, that props up the donor class as the "most important" people to court. Well, not me, I do not believe that. You have other Presidential candidates who spend their time visiting the mansions, the high-end golf clubs, the elite societies to beg for money. No, we rely only on the good-will of donations from working men, women and families across this nation. You will not see me shaking hands with big business leaders, bankers, or influential media mongols. I will not be talking to the money men on Wall St, or silicon valley CEOs in California. They have no place in our campaign, and I'm quite honest about that - you can join my opponents - I encourage you! This campaign is not for you, it's for the working people of this country let down by the major parties and discarded by the political process. Like the manufacturing workers across this country who lost their jobs, or our farmers who can't catch a break, or the single mothers working multiple jobs, or the students already burdened with student loans. This is the campaign and movement for you."

The crowd was roaring and cheering. Waving their campaign signs and some home-made signs in the crowd too. "The common attack against us is that we see government as a solution, not a boogeyman. That's true, I can see government working for people, not against people. It's only because the government now serves the rich and the elite that people are naturally, and rightfully so, skeptical of our government. But when they roll back government, cutting welfare, sacking government employees, they are not really reducing government. Instead, in our system, they are replacing the roles that government usually fulfill to private entities. Instead of free, universal healthcare, this is handed-off to the greedy private health insurance industry. Instead of the rich paying their fair share of taxes, what happens is ordinary people like us and burdened with private taxes in the form of deductibles, co-pays and premiums. That's the truth. I want to see government start doing stuff for working people and working families. Start providing universal healthcare through our Medicare for All plan. Start working on the Green New Deal, not continuing to exploit our planet. With wealth accumulating among the top few and the continuation of de-democratization efforts with the consolidation of monopolies throughout our country, we have reached a serious cross-roads in our nations history. We can vote for real, progressive, bold change that will put working people first. Or go with the so-called return to normalcy. But that's not good enough for people. Return to normalcy is the return of NAFTA, the failed neoliberal experiment and the imposition of unfair rules of trade unions. Our movement, and our campaign wants to see a new generation of American excellence, where we put people first."

"So please, after today, do not forget about the work that must be done in this country. I want to be the worker that you send to the White House because I want government to work for you. I want to see Medicare for All, a Green New Deal, a $15 minimum wage, an end to the forever-wars overseas, recreational marijuana, a plan to put American worker's first. Please google our movement, volunteer with us, donate if you can. Make sure to enroll, and don't forget that you must always demand more. Demand more and we as a movement will go far. Thank You!"
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Sarenium
Senator

Founded: Sep 18, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarenium » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:49 am

Bruke wrote:
Sarenium wrote:
"The ones that won't bring trouble with them," she replied, acutely aware of his past, "the Mayor is hosting a few fundraisers, if you could direct some people for future guest lists who may be receptive to a pragmatic woman behind the Resolute Desk, that would be much appreciated."

Dayton responded with a glance at her watch, "I do believe they're being dotted throughout June, July and August."
...I'd like to do you slowly...
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Just be Ben Shapiro: Debate your wife into an orgasm; "hypothetically say I moved my hand to..."

Velahor
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:56 am

Before the Diane Paulson Rally
Event Center Nashua
Nashua, New Hampshire

Backstage

Diane was a little nervous for this speech, but for personal reasons. Her daughter, who was a mostly apolitical Democrat, had taken an interest lately in Diane’s political life. They had never been that close, with the elder Paulson in Washington, DC most of the time during Katrina’s childhood. But as Katrina’s son Quinn got older, she had wanted him to know his grandmother, and so the three of them bonded over the past 5 years or so, mostly when Katrina and Quinn and sometimes Katrina’s husband Gary would drive up from Rochester to spend a few weeks at Diane’s farm in Maine in the summer. This new closeness was really special to Diane, but also, she hoped her daughter was going to be happy with her and what she chose to do with her life. She had been feeling guilty late in life about the choices she made with her daughter, who usually only in the holidays would visit her mother for several hours. Having her daughter’s family at the farm for a bit in the summers would help, but showing her daughter the political life she led firsthand was different. Diane avoided politics at the farm, she would never meet other politicians there or work on anything political there while she had guests, so Katrina had never really seen that side of her in person. So it surprised her when her daughter asked if she could come see a couple rallies.

Meanwhile, in the crowd...

Oh my god...what if Mom really becomes President? Who’s gonna be First Lady? thought Katrina as she held her 12-year-old son’s hand. Katrina herself was never as much about the limelight as her mother. She was a reserved little girl, and grew into a studious teenager, diving deep into books and reading. She had wanted to be a college professor in history, but it never happened, instead, she got knocked up by her boyfriend, a shop teacher at the high school that she had worked at. At 30, she gave birth to their son, Quinn. At first, she was able to continue working, but when Quinn turned 7, he was diagnosed with severe ADHD and had behavioral problems in the classroom. Katrina had chosen to pull him out of school and homeschool him, while keeping him involved in extracurricular activities in their hometown like sports and 4-H and made sure he was always able to have friends over. When she was 7 years old, her mom left for Washington DC to be Reagan’s press secretary. For four years, until she was eleven, she rarely saw her mother. Even after her mother returned to their home in Milton, New Hampshire, she was frequently gone throughout Katrina’s teenage years, and when she was home was often writing. Because her mother was so inconsistent, Katrina had chosen to be consistent to her son.

But time heals wounds, and Diane in later life learned the value of slowing down in life and spending time with loved ones. Katrina had reconnected with her, and began getting closer to her than she’d been since she was a child. But strangely, something else happened. The more time she spent around her mother, the more of an interest she had begun to take in politics. She had never read any of her mother’s books other than Angland, but she slowly read them one-by-one. When her mother announced that she was running for President, she asked her mom if she could come to one of her rallies, which surprised Diane, as Katrina had never taken an interest in anything related to her political work before. But she accepted her offer.

Katrina wanted to help her mom. She wasn’t 100% sold on this whole libertarian thing, but she thought it was convincing enough that she could at least get by agreeing to put that aside just to help her mom out. What mattered is that it got her out of the house where that lazy slob Gary continued to make her miserable every day. If her mom became President, she may never have to worry about that ever again. She could get Quinn the best tutors that she could find, and could maybe even go back to her old job teaching, or go back to school after Quinn graduated and get her PhD like she always wanted. But politics started to come to mind for her. She‘d only begun to think and read about politics, or at least modern politics, as her background was in history. But she had an in. Isn’t that kinda nepotism... she thought to herself. But she was still interested.

All the sudden, the crowd got loud and she squeezed Quinn’s hand and whispered in his ear “look, it’s grandma!” Her mother Diane was walking out on stage, in a pantsuit, waving at the crowd and approaching the podium. Katrina squeezes Quinn’s hand again, and he looked up from the phone game that he had in his right hand to see his grandma. He slipped the phone back in his mom’s purse and yelled “Woooo! Go Grandma!!!!”

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:58 am

Sarenium wrote:
Bruke wrote:

Dayton responded with a glance at her watch, "I do believe they're being dotted throughout June, July and August."

Volek picked up on the not-exactly-warm tone he heard. "Alright then. If that's all, I wish you good luck in the primary and I look forward to seeing how you do in the debates."

Velahor
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:06 am

Diane Paulson Rally
Event Center Nashua
Nashua, New Hampshire

So Diane took the stage at the event center in front of a crowd of about 600 with news reporters present as well, and as she came out to upbeat music and waved at the crowd, everyone cheered.

“What an honor it is to be back in Nashua this morning! My name is Diane Paulson, I am a mother, a grandmother, a born-again Christian, a lifelong Republican, a farmer, a writer, a libertarian political theorist, and a proud American. I was here in Nashua, New Hampshire running in my very first election for House of Representatives twenty-one years ago, and now, I am the first Representative since 1971 to have served in the United States House for two different states. I love this state with all of my heart, I grew up in Milton, New Hampshire, a little town not far from here. In the 1960’s, I was a naive little girl from a little town in New Hampshire who liked to read and write, went to college because I worked very hard in school, and ended up being accepted into the first class of women to attend Dartmouth College in 1971. And now, I’m the first woman from the state of New Hampshire to run for President.”

“The first class of women at Dartmouth, well, we were a tight-knit bunch, and we had to be. Your Senator was also part of that group, I was a little bit older going into the class, having wrote for the paper in Concord for a few years before school. There was a lot of hazing that went on when all of the sudden a school full of young men had a group of girls among them.”

“And through that life, the beginnings of my passion for liberty were born. At one point, I didn’t have the freedom to go to the best school in New Hampshire. When that liberty, that freedom, was finally respected, I took full advantage of the benefits that it brought me. I poured my heart and soul into reporting in the corrupt bureaucracies in Washington who make the gears of government turn, uncovering scandals among politicians, and interviewing some of the world’s most powerful people, both evil and good. That’s why Ronald Reagan hired me to be his press secretary, and that’s where I learned that I was capable of bringing my principles yet pragmatic libertarian views into the world of politics.”

“Even though I bought a farm in Maine upon my first retirement, I can still say I lived in this state most of my life and can relate with the issues the people of New Hampshire care about. A recent poll showed that healthcare is one of this state’s biggest priorities this election. My plan for that issue will lower costs for Americans by 35% or more, without a government takeover of an industry like some on the left advocate for.”

“I want to start with healthcare. I know there’s a lot of talk about ‘single-payer’ or ‘Medicare for all’ , but all that’s really just a government health insurance monopoly. It’s a basic principle of economics that competition will drive down prices, and we break up monopolies when they aren’t run by the government. So doesn’t it seem like a bad idea to put health insurance solely in the hands of the government?”

“I have a better alternative, and I call it, Human-Forward Healthcare Reform. Rather than creating a government monopoly on healthcare, I want to create a healthcare plan that gives people more options with their healthcare, not less.”

“First of all, we will require all healthcare and healthcare insurance providers to be 100% transparent with their pricing up front. No hidden fees, no extra costs, before each procedure is complete, you will know the price. A 2014 study shows that healthcare costs would be reduced by $10 billion dollars per year if price transparency was enacted.”

“Second, we will take the Bahariacare website and reform it, with market-based and medical plans no longer limited by state, but available nationwide, across state lines. One that helps people find the best healthcare they can get at the best price.”

“Third, and this is something that others don’t even mention, there are destructive regulations that have prevented us from building as many hospitals as the free market would demand. These laws are called Certificate of Need laws, 35 states have them on the books, and under my healthcare plan, we would eliminate them so hospitals could be opened according to market demands, rather than at the pace dictated by unelected bureaucrats.”

“Fourth, some innovative new primary care facilities are going to a model called Direct Primary Care, which cuts out the middleman and makes healthcare more affordable altogether. This won’t work for specialists and advanced surgeries, but for your regular checkups, initial consultations, physicals, and more, you can pay a much lower monthly rate. I want to offer tax incentives to Direct Primary Care facilities, and I want to offer tax incentives to insurance providers who offer complimentary plans to take care of the big stuff for people who choose to have the little stuff taken care of by a Direct Primary Care facility. I also want to create Medicare partnerships with Direct Primary Care facilities to help Medicare patients receive better primary care treatment at reduced cost to taxpayers.”

“Fifth, we are going to build solutions to simplify insurance billing. The administrative costs of doctors billing insurance companies is a large part of the cost passed to the consumer, and studies show that 15% of healthcare costs in America could be eliminated with simplified billing.”

“Sixth, and finally, we are going to completely overhaul healthcare licensure. We will enable nurse practitioners to do more, while still within the scope of their training. We will also provide federal funding to medical schools to help them teach more nurses. Also, residency requirements should be capped at 1 year regardless of who accredits them. We must end the exclusion of professionally competent healthcare providers and workers and expand acceptance of residency training to graduates of all officially recognized medical programs. We also need to find ways to encourage membership in the Interstate Medical Licensure Compact, to help doctors have more flexibility to work where our country demands it, and we need to consider enacting full interstate medical license reciprocity.”

“All of these measures are built to do one thing, increase supply in the medical field, filling more demand and therefore lowering costs. My plan is the only plan held by any Presidential candidate that actually saves money for the consumer, as other plans fail to take into account the tax burden on Americans caused by government-monopoly insurance. My plan doesn’t raise taxes, doesn’t require a government takeover of an industry, it just puts the humans getting the treatment in touch with a fair and free market for healthcare. That’s Human-Forward Healthcare Reform, my plan to focus on giving Americans better healthcare options, not restricting them to only one.”

“My healthcare plan is a huge part of my candidacy for President, and this is something that is going to be a big debate topic when the general election comes. Some of my opponents stick to the usual ‘sell across state lines’ talking point, but I’m sorry, that doesn’t go far enough. We need to do more to give people healthcare choices. My plan does that, while keeping the government from starting a monopoly on the health insurance industry, and not raising taxes. With Human-Forward Healthcare Reform, we will reduce healthcare costs by 35% without raising taxes or going to a single-payer system. My healthcare platform is key part of my initiative to bring greater prosperity to America, as I often mention in the phrase Liberty, Peace, & Prosperity.”

“Back to that little girl from the beginning of the speech. She went on to serve in the House of Representatives, the Reagan White House, and at the Cato Institute. And now, she’s standing up here today asking for your vote. New Hampshire, you’ve never let me down before. This will always be a home to me, and the people of this state have picked me up when I’ve fallen and made me stronger. I carry the values that the great people of this state instilled in me each step of the way.”

“If you want to learn more about my healthcare platform or anything else I believe, or want to make a donation, go to DianePaulson.com. I’m here to build a relationship with real Americans and have honest conversations about the role that Americans want their government to play in their lives. Thank you for joining me my friends, I’m off to Manchester and then Iowa, but I will be back very soon.”
Last edited by Velahor on Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:08 am

Randy Cramp Visit to Gun Range
Austin, Texas

For the campaign team, it was going all well. They had done regular rallies and retail politics across the state, retail which Brookshire lacked in. This retail was important in connecting on a more grass-roots level with the voter, and Randy made that a priority. He also made online literacy a major stalwart of his campaign, with the campaign posting regularly videos of him speaking, videos denouncing the 'deranged' Democrats and promoting his state senate political bid. His opponent, on the other hand, had the endorsements that mattered a lot in the campaign, including ideological opposites Governor Richardson and Governor Prendergast. It initially wasn't a good sign when Prendergast turned on Cramp to endorse Brookshire, but he consequently received the support of other well-known conservatives, especially Governor Norm Lee of Alabama. That endorsement was particularly important, as the Governor was leading the charge on banning abortion in Alabama and his work would be blueprints for other states (especially in the South) to follow. This was, of course, because the primary was about getting out the vote. Randy believed that although Brookshire may have the technical advantage over him in the polling, that means nothing if those voters don't vote. Randy was making sure his dyed-in the wool voters would turn out to the polling booth.

To increase his conservative bonafides, Randy Cramp visited a small gun range just outside of Austin. It was a small business, and Randy when drove his pick-up truck into the car park it almost filled up all of the space. His bumper sticker said: CONSERVATIVE - CHRISTIAN - REPUBLICAN - AND PROUD. As well as the RANDY CRAMP Senate stickers. He hopped out of the front and went around to the back where he took out his firearms. Including multiple glocks and semi-automatic assault rifles. "These are my babies," he said to the camera, which was recording him to be later posted on social media. He walked into the store and spoke with the owner and patrons. "The second Amendment is fundamental to us as Americans, second only to faith," Randy said to a few of the patrons as the nodded in agreement. After a successful pitch, he was able to hand out a few buttons with RANDY CRAMP labelled on them to the customers and the owner agreed to have a sign put out the front. Randy and the Team brought their guns around to the firing range. As he was setting up, the campaign team was recording it for social media. "I'm the most pro-gun candidate there is in this race," Randy said to the camera. "I will stand up for second amendment rights for Texans and I'll fight all attempts to bring in gun control and take away our guns - no way the D.C. elites will get away with that with me there in the Senate."

Randy then aimed at a mannequin dressed as a terrorist at the other end of the range. He opened fire with a pistol, the shots hitting the chest of the target. He then took a turn with a rifle, finding more success with that. A few people had stayed around and watched. After Randy was finished firing the gun, he turned to the camera which had been recording him the whole time. "Remember this election, vote to put Family First and protect our guns. Vote for me, Randy Cramp!"
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Velahor
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:30 am

Diane Paulson’s Campaign Bus
Highway 3
Just outside of Nashua, New Hampshire, destined for Manchester, New Hampshire

Diane was on the tour bus with her daughter Katrina and her grandson Quinn on their way up to Manchester. Quinn played his Nintendo Switch back in the sleeping quarters, while Diane and Katrina sat in the main area.

In the silence, Katrina asked her mom a question that she thought would start a laugh, “Mom, if you pull this thing off, will you have a First Lady? Or will you just be both President and First Lady.”

Diane was eating pretzels. She swallowed. Then she responded.

“I think they still make me have one.”

Katrina continued to ask, “but if you’re President, can’t you just say you don’t want one?”

Diane had had enough with her scheming. Her daughter always would antagonize her about these things, trying to phase her with nonsense. She would have to get her back.

“I want one. You can be First Lady.” She said it in a teasing way, as a clapback at the 42 year old woman still acting like a child.

“Mom...” Katrina replied.

“What you can do it, right? You’re not too chicken?”

Katrina scoffed. “Don’t be dumb mom.”

Diane replied, “don’t call me dumb.”

Katrina said, “fine.”

Diane replied, “you’re still my First Lady.”

Katrina said, “okay.” As a joke.

Diane thought for a second. She’d actually never considered what she would do about the First Lady situation as an unmarried woman. But this could work if she played it right.

“I’m not joking,” said Diane, even though up to this moment, she was. “You should be my First Lady. I know how passionate you are about teaching, and you do such a good job with Quinn, you deserve it. You can be treated like royalty for a few years. It would be good to get you out of the House and away from Gary for awhile. You need to get something out of my time in politics, this would do it.”

“Mom, I gotta tell you something,” replied Katrina. “I finally read your books.”

“You never read them before?” asked Diane.

“Nope,” replied Katrina. “But I like them more than I thought. I think I’d be okay with doing the First Lady thing. If you really do mean it. Like, I wouldn’t hate living in the White House. I’d live in the White House, right?”

“I’m sure that could be arranged sweetie.”

“Okay, deal,” replied Katrina. “You’re not joking Mom, right?”

“No, not at all. We’ll work out the details with my campaign manager,” said Diane. “Marty! Change of plans! Gonna announce my First Lady today, then we’ll do the hat thing in Iowa instead. I knew it would be better to save that for Iowa anyway,” she shouted up to her campaign manager.

Sarenium
Senator

Founded: Sep 18, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarenium » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:25 am

Bruke wrote:
Sarenium wrote:

Volek picked up on the not-exactly-warm tone he heard. "Alright then. If that's all, I wish you good luck in the primary and I look forward to seeing how you do in the debates."

"Senator, I do hope to see you on the campaign trail with me eventually," she beamed, she'd slipped up, "while I was here, I was hoping we could discuss our current legislative activities."
...I'd like to do you slowly...
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Just be Ben Shapiro: Debate your wife into an orgasm; "hypothetically say I moved my hand to..."

Noko Poodle
Attaché

Founded: Mar 29, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Noko Poodle » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:20 am

Norm Lee
@TheReverendLee

I’m proud of our ongoing Christian revival of law here in Alabama. We need to keep this revival moving across the nation! First step for those in Texas; Vote for Randy Cramp!

Von Markstein
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Von Markstein » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:24 am

Meelducan wrote:
Von Markstein wrote:
“Hello Michelle, it is Jack Chambers, how are ya?”

Casper, Wyoming

Ah, Jack Chambers, the Governor of some neighbouring state of Wyoming.

“Well hello Jack, I’m doing pretty well myself, how goes the campaign?”

“It’s been going well, finishing up a round in Nevada in the next couple days before swinging back home. I was planning to drive through Wyoming on my way back and wanted to meet in person to talk the campaign and upcoming election. You interested?”

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:12 am

Noko Poodle wrote:Norm Lee
@TheReverendLee

I’m proud of our ongoing Christian revival of law here in Alabama. We need to keep this revival moving across the nation! First step for those in Texas; Vote for Randy Cramp!

Liked and retweeted by @MissouriPeoplesSenator
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Velahor
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:47 am

Diane Paulson Rally
Stark Park
Manchester, New Hampshire

On the short drive to Manchester, Diane and Katrina planned out how this First Lady announcement would work. Diane got the okay from her campaign manager, made a couple changes, and got ready for the speech. Assistants were rushed to find a dress for Katrina, makeup artists brought in, the whole nine yards.

As a surprise to the crowd at the rally, Katrina came out on the empty stage first.

“Hello everyone, my name is Katrina Paulson-Thomas, and I’m here to introduce someone very special to me. My hero, my inspiration, and the next President of the United States, and my mother, Congresswoman Diane Paulson!”

The crowd roared as Diane came on stage. The speakers played the loud part of “Combination of the Two” by Janis Joplin. Paulson spent some time yesterday building a campaign playlist that was both thematic and energetic and captured Diane’s anti-establishment outlook. Katrina stepped back from the microphone and Diane stepped toward it as the music died down.

“Thank you, thank you everyone. My name is Diane Paulson, and that was my daughter Katrina. I raised Katrina around this area of New Hampshire, we lived in Milton as well as Concord for awhile. I’m glad to be back here in Manchester where I have campaigned in the past for the House of Representatives. I love this city and this state, and I’m glad to be back.”

“So, people have been asking me questions lately about what I would do with the position of First Lady upon entering the Oval Office, because I am unmarried. First, I want to tell you all about that. I live with transparency, and don’t want any of you to be in the dark about why I’m not married. When Katrina was born, her father ran away and we didn’t hear from him for two years before finding out he had died in a car crash. This information mostly has remained private and kept amongst our family, but I know that Presidential candidates have every aspect of their lives scrutinized and I’d rather you hear it from me than the media start trying to make an issue out of it. I made a vow to myself to focus on making a living to support my daughter rather than spending my time looking for companionship in men. I invested in my relationship with my daughter and in putting all of my effort into bringing greater liberty for the people of New England and all of America!”

“My daughter has made me proud. Though she chose a different path than my own and became a teacher, before deciding to be a full-time mother to her child with special needs. Her love, her compassion, and her generosity have proven her to be an outstanding woman of character.”

“So when people ask me who is going to be my First Lady, I know who I will pick. The position of First Lady is to bring a gentle, feminine touch to a set of issues they care deeply about, and Katrina’s patience in homeschooling her son for the past five years and her passion for being there for others will play a crucial role in her success as First Lady.”

“I’m going to let my little girl take the microphone again for a bit to talk about the initiative that she plans to back in her role as First Lady. Katrina?”

Katrina stepped to the mic. She’d never spoken in front of a crowd like this before. It was nerve-racking. But when she started to speak the words that she had a backup of taped to the podium, it began to flow out smoothly.

“I want everyone to give another big round of applause to my mother, Diane Paulson! What a woman, huh? She’s always been my hero, standing up for individual liberty and serving as a peacemaker in the House and in our nation’s foreign policy. I love her so much.”

“When Mom asked me to be her First Lady, I seriously thought she was joking. I’ve never been too keen on politics, I’ve always seen it as a popularity competition between angry older people lacking in optimism and kindness. But my mother, she rises above politics! Her message is universal, that we make America as great as it can be through prioritizing three of America’s oldest values, Liberty, Peace, and Prosperity.”

“Sometimes the Peace we seek is not on the outside, but within. As First Lady, my goal will be to help others find inner peace. Americans have a mental health crisis, with schools unable to properly care for children with developmental disorders, mental illness contributing to homelessness, and another mental illness, rampant drug addiction, plaguing every place from the largest cities to the smallest towns. My work as First Lady will be dedicated to finding strong, market-based, reparative policies to remedy our country’s mental health crisis.”

“My son Quinn was diagnosed with severe ADHD and a whole host of behavioral issues, and would regularly act out in his classes while enrolled in public school. I am a teacher by education, so I do believe in the good of public schools and the socialization it brings to children. But then there was the blue room. Quinn was traumatized by the times they locked him in the blue room, he didn’t understand why he was there, and it was quite upsetting. I encourage you to go online and read more about blue rooms and the abusive seclusion tactics that schools use against children. Numerous parents have described the horrible conditions in which children with developmental disorders have faced in blue rooms. In cooperation with my mother, one of my goals is to push for a national moratorium on funding to public schools who use blue rooms and seclusion tactics to abuse children who really just need better mental health resources.”

“But as First Lady, that won’t be my only work. I want to throw my support behind causes that remedy the opioid epidemic and allow easier access to mental health resources for the unsheltered. Other First Ladies have done great work for literacy, healthcare, childhood nutrition, and more, and I will continue this legacy by bringing mental health to the forefront of public discussion. I know I will serve this role dutifully as great First Ladies like Betty Ford and Jackie Kennedy did. I’m very honored by my mother’s choice to make me First Lady, and I’m going to let her take over again.”

Diane returned to the microphone.

“Thank you so much Katrina, I have the confidence that you’re going to do a terrific job as First Lady.”

“It’s not unprecedented for the President to have a First Lady other than their spouse. James Buchanan chose his niece for the position. My daughter Katrina will serve this role with all of the enthusiasm and passion that you just saw up on stage here, and I am very grateful for her choice to serve the country in this manner when I get to the White House. It is so important that we have strong leaders in our society, and it is so important that the First Lady be someone who can bring a compassionate, feminine touch to issues that affect our daily lives, and someone who honors and complements the presidency with elegance and dignity.

“Katrina’s just one of the many who are getting on board with my plan to bring Liberty, Peace, and Prosperity to America. We’re going out to Iowa tomorrow to start the next stage of this campaign, but we aren’t leaving you behind here in New Hampshire. We are signing up volunteers to knock doors, dial numbers, distribute yard signs, hold meetings, and spread word-of-mouth campaigns to bring in voters in this state. Links to volunteer and to donate are waiting at DianePaulson.com. I want to thank you all for coming out to this rally today, safe travels.”
Last edited by Velahor on Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Von Markstein
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Von Markstein » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:51 am

Official Jack Chambers Campaign Press Release

Party unity means everything, this nation needs to ensure the wise stewardship of the Republican Party remains in place to continue guiding America to economic prosperity. Only a united front can make this dream continue, it is for that reason with a heavy heart that I announce I am dropping by presidential campaign bid. To all my supporters, thank you, and god bless!

Von Markstein
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Von Markstein » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:55 am

Official Jack Chambers Campaign Press Release

I am happy to announce that I am endorsing Nathaniel Richardson to be our next president! Governor Richardson is a wildly successful republican with federal and executive experience. Richardson has a good heart, smart economic sense, and a well run campaign. I will happily support Richardson in his bid over the coming months while also refocusing on running my great state of Nebraska. Thank you all again, and god bless!

Velahor
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:02 am

Diane Paulson
@DianeForLiberty

Sad to see Jack Chambers drop out of the primary. He has a passion for his constituents that is unparalleled. To all Chambers supporters: the Paulson 2020 campaign welcomes you with open arms, and we encourage you to join the fight for our values of Liberty, Peace, and Prosperity. #Paulson2020 #LiberyPeaceProsperity

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:11 am

Nathaniel Richardson
@GovernorRichardson

I am honored and humbled to accept the endorsement Governor Chambers. Your fight is not yet over, only together we can we move our country forward.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Von Markstein
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Von Markstein » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:34 am

To: Karen Brookshire

Ms. Brookshire I hope you are doing well and having success on the campaign trail. Following my withdrawal I want to focus on helping other members of the party continue to gain key victories on the campaign trail.

For this reason I would like to endorse you for the US Senate seat and would like to schedule a time I can come down to Texas make the endorsement public and campaign either with you or on your behalf.

Please let me know some dates and places that work at your convenience.

Yours truly,

Jack Chambers

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse