NATION

PASSWORD

Accidentally resigning RO when setting election booster

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Auralia
Senator

Founded: Dec 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Accidentally resigning RO when setting election booster

Postby Auralia » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:46 am

I think there's a bug in the region administration page.

I typed a nation's name into the election booster text box and pressed the "enter" key on my keyboard.

The effect was for me to resign as RO of my region.

Either the "enter" key should do nothing or should set the election booster -- it should not cause me to involuntarily resign as RO.
Catholic Commonwealth of Auralia
"Amor sequitur cognitionem."

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:03 pm

Ugh, sorry about that. This is actually very difficult to fix because different browsers have different behavior. It is definitely safer to click than rely on Enter.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:05 am

[violet] wrote:This is actually very difficult to fix because different browsers have different behavior.
You just need to make sure that things which shouldn't be confused for each other aren't in the same <form>. This does mean that some of the <input type="hidden"> fields need to be duplicated a few times throughout the page, but I don't think that's a big deal.

Vilita
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Vilita » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:24 am

Or you could just add a confirmation pop up for major actions such as resigning as a RO or similar things like... Changing Your Region....

I lost something like 10 years worth of residency in my own region last year due to the advent of mobile phones and the fact that the "Move your nation to This Region" button is placed immediately next to the "Add this region to Dossier" button, forever losing a 1% badge even though I was only gone for a duration of ~6 seconds and didn't take a single action of any kind during the temporary malfunction.

Perhaps there is a reason certain things don't have confirmation for folks that like to move around a lot as part of gameplay? Even then Maybe there a way to set a condition based flag on some things like
  • IF (has been regional officer >30 days), THEN (pop up confirmation to resign)
  • IF (has been resident of current region >365 days), THEN (pop up confirmation to move to a new region)
  • IF (is founder, delegate or RO of current region (regardless of duration)), THEN (pop up confirmation to move to a new region)
  • IF (has been placed in the Top 25 of the previous WA Elections), THEN (pop up confirmation to drop out of the race)
-¤-¤-¤World Cup 20 Champions¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤World Cup 68 Champions¤-¤-¤-
-¤-¤-¤World Cup 77 Champions¤-¤-¤-

Region: Atlantian Oceania - The Home of Sport

Return to Technical