NATION

PASSWORD

AKA [IC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Valloria
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Valloria » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:12 pm

Nicholas and Alessia
Argonaut HQ, Switzerland

"Where are you from?" Nick had asked.

"Ah...Iraq." Alessia replied, looking up at the boy who asked her the question. He was relatively lanky, and had a mess of dark hair on his head, and almost so pale it was surprising. Of course, the answer was a half-truth, but still somewhat correct. She just wasn't used to using the modern day name for the Persian territory.

"No. Where are you really from." Nick looked deep into Alessia's good eye, the golden brown flecks dancing in the artificial lighting. He clasped his fingers together and leaned forward intently.

"I'm...not sure what you mean..."Alessia said, leaning back from his advance. She hurriedly signed the contract that Mr. Owens pointed out, stepping back from the boy and offering a weak smile, "It is not like Iraq is a fake place." A bad joke. She was getting nervous. What did this boy know about her that he wasn't revealing?

Now he was getting somewhere. She was thinking about her origins, enough that they were being brought to the fore. He could barely get a grasp on it, with the room being what it was, but he had enough to work off of. Old memories. Old... older than Iraq.

"No, but your presence there predates the name... somehow. Who are you? The only other time I've felt a connection this old is... oh, my god."

"What's wrong?" Alessia asked, hoping to change the topic. She feigned concern for the boy as his face fell and worry seemed to fill his eyes.

"John. Is that why we're here? Did he send you as a check?" Nick asked, incredulous, his whisper hoarse and intense.

"You know John?" A look of shock twisted Alessia's face as she responded, and then she shook off the surprise, "What are you talking about? I am not a 'check', I don't think?"

Just then, the cyborg he'd noted upon entry interrupted the mundane flow of the contract signing. Alessia was immediately distracted, seemingly relieved to find something to occupy her attention beside's Nick's line of questioning. "We'll finish this discussion later," Nick said, leaning back slowly before re-engaging with the group.

Nicholas Fowler
Argonaut HQ, Switzerland

Nick sat back and watched, amazed, as barely five minutes into Hollands' Q&A, half the team was pitted against the other. The jockeying for attention and petty namecalling he'd seen before, in the first days of his term at the Academy. When training began, and those that got the worst names beat the living shit out of those that didn't, the names disappeared for a while. But when a true team was forged, they would return, as they did at the Academy. And then disappear when something goes south... he thought, wincing at his memory of the aftermath of Denver. Normally talkative, he'd chosen not to speak in the conference room. In his early days at the Academy he'd have gone for center of attention and leadership of one of the teams, probably even would've suggested something along the lines of what Tara did.

That girl was rapidly proving herself as smart as he'd assumed when he used his power to investigate her. Not only that, but the interactions between their powers in combat could be interesting: a remote brain unaffected by his Athenian disruption field, excellent melee skills to rival his own... and an ass to die for. But there was time for that later. He stood, giving a hard look to Alessia as if to say, we'll talk about this later. Running his fingers through his hair, he stood as Robespierre suggested they adjourn till cooler heads prevail before choosing leadership. He wasn't sure if he wanted to claim the mantle, as he had in his Academy days; he would see how well he could prove himself in combat before he made such presumptions. He was reluctant to campaign aggressively, especially in Hollands' presence, in light of how his decisionmaking had led to Denver. But Nick was a natural leader. He needed the control. It would be hard for him to stop himself.

Exiting the conference room, information began flowing into his mind at a normal rate once more. Asking his power the usual questions, he was satisfied to note nothing of consequence had occurred in his absence. Passing by a door to outside, he saw in his mind Fionn, Tara, and Claire, sharing cigarettes around the corner. Smiling that his habit was shared, he silently cracked the door and lit one of his own, allowing the smoke to flow through the aperture. His power filled him in on the conversation going down outside. General anxieties, Tara's anger about being singled out, Fionn jockeying in his own way. It mattered little, although he was disappointed that Tara didn't realize Marty's namecalling was out of fear. If something so small could hurt her pride, she wasn't ready to be a leader. Nick suffered through far, far worse running a team of teenagers.

The others' conversation ended, and Fionn left to call for a training combat session. Exactly what Nick needed. Hurrying to the gear room, he ducked into his locker and began disrobing. Selecting his heavy armor set, he put on the skintight undergarments and flowing, ultralight protective mesh that went under the metal-plated leather of his combat robe, before donning the helm and buckling the set. Securing the bident he affectionately called Joe, crafted for him by Arsenal himself upon his 18th birthday, from the weapons closet, he grunted at the weight of the combined armor. He was momentarily worried he'd regret his choice of heavy armor, but he was confident that his years of training in comparison to his relatively untrained peers would negate any sloppiness or disadvantage caused by the wait. Regardless, he admonished himself to start working out more. He saw some of his peers already readying for the training and smiled, raising his hands in a friendly gesture, Joe bident strapped to his back.

"Who's ready to rock and roll?"
Last edited by Valloria on Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JON LOVITZ 2020

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:26 pm

Firebrand

Futrellia said For the sake of Politeness, he gave her a small smile and nod.

The Cyberiad Council said "You'll each have access to individual living-spaces; including a bedroom and lavatory. Your individual spaces will then be connected to a common area."

Union Princes said "Bonjour, ma rose." Claude respectfully greeted back to the fiery redhead that was all-too-enthusiastic to get started.

"Two.. yes, two friends, so far." She thought. She then heard the man tell everyone about their room scenario, and she just sighed. When could she just start training already? Why didn't anyone say anything else to her, besides greeting her en Francais? And did the fellow Frenchman mean " 'Rose,' as in the flower, or 'Rose' as the French word for 'Pink?'" Anyways, she liked it. She just wasn't sure if that was a romantic advance, or just another friendly greeting. "I don't know where everything's at. I know someone showed me around, but I'm still clueless. If I can't go to a gym or training room, or something, then I'll just be stuck without practice-time, and then I'll prolly get booted out the team because I didn't improve myself." She thought.

"Hmm. Maybe I made a [i]really bad first impression, or something, and that's why no other Argonaut's willing to talk to me or tell me where things are. Maybe that 'gut feeling' is right, but not right in the way it thought. Maybe I'm a goofball, and no one here'll take me seriously. I'll prolly just be seen as; 'that tall girl with the pretty eyes' to my newfound team.[/i] She thought. "Maybe I look clueless too, the girl that looked and acted outta-place. Crap, I already feel clueless." She continued to think.

"Uh...Hello! Guten Tag! Bonjour!" She shouted. "Could someone tell me where the gym and training room are? I know everyone was shown around, but I still don't know where everything's at! I need help! Please! Sil'vous-plait!" She helplessly yelled out. She then proceeded to walk out of the 'conference' or orientation-type room in hopes of finding someone. "W-wait!" She screamed.

Her smile vanished. Now, she had a worried expression on her face. "Maybe, I'm the last person to get here. Maybe, I'm the weak link in the Chain." She thought.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:
"Hypercapital's greatest wish would be for others to stop thinking of them (Hypercapital) as too "edgy" and for said other persons to get to truly know and appreciate the depth of Hypercapital's lore."

"Peace is a lie." ~ Sith Code (excerpt)

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

Nagakawa
Diplomat

Founded: May 01, 2019
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Nagakawa » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:17 pm

Zurich, Switzerland
Argus HQ
22/03/2020

Relieved to be finally free of the oppressive atmosphere in the conference room, Kenny straightened out his T-shirt, picked his luggage and bicycle from where he had stashed them, and quietly and stealthily slunk away to the residential area of Argus HQ to get himself settled in. With the rest of the Argonauts busy with other business (most of which the doing of a select few individuals), he took the opportunity to do some reconnaissance work on the residential areas.

"Seems like they haven't given us any fixed bunk plan. In which case..."

Taking advantage of his being one of the first few to be there, Kenny chose a room with a window that overlooked the scenery outside. Leaving the door open, he stowed his bicycle just outside, set his suitcase down in a corner, and surveyed the room. A modest accommodation, with nothing too fancy. There was a bedroom and a bathroom- more than enough.

Kenny hadn't brought much. He preferred to travel light, and though he was going to be here for quite a bit, he saw no sense in carting an entire truckload of personal effects along with him. Anything else he felt like having could be purchased along the way. And so, in less than ten minutes, Kenny had made the room his own. He'd stashed a eucalyptus Yankee Candle in an inconspicuous part of the bathroom, stacked the eight or so books he'd brought along on the desk, and pasted the Ziggy Stardust poster he had brought along to the wall just above his bed. And a family picture on the desk: Kenny and his two grandparents.

"Oh, someone's invited us to..."

James had put out an announcement for a team training session in the gym. Fast effort at team building, indeed- hopefully, there wouldn't be another altercation like in the conference room.

Leaving the rest of his clothes in his luggage, Kenny pulled out a set of gym clothes, and quickly changed out of his nice travelling clothes. Now dressed in a pair of fitting black tracksuit pants and a plain white dri-fit T-shirt, he tied his frizzy hair up with a hairband and attached a band to the back of his glasses to keep them from falling off while in the gym, before quickly filling his water bottle and heading out, feeling his phone buzzing.

> Ji. Mum just collapsed in her clinic in Seogwipo. I'm flying back with Hu.

Kenny's heart sank down to his stomach. Chun-kang's message had come out of the blue, with no warning whatsoever.

> Aren't you going to come back? We don't know how bad a state she's in.

Why can't you just sit down and listen to what I have to say? Are you incapable of thinking about anything other than yourself and your job and your goddamn money?

Fuck you! You're just as guilty as me. I'm sending the kids to live with your Ma and Pa because we're both too busy. Got a problem with that?

That's not what I was talking about. I'm asking, why the hell are you so nonchalant about all this? Can't you hold your tongue and think a bit before spewing all your-

You think it's easy for me? Who the hell do you think earns all the money here? Not the one running the failing fucking clinics, if you ask me. How about you hold your tongue and stop being such a difficult, prissy bitch?

See, that's exactly what I mean! Lim Jong-hyeon, you've changed. You're not the man I once knew.

Shut the fuck up! I've had just about enough of your stupid shit!

Do you really want to continue like this? Kang and Ji are just outside. I've got another one coming. Is this what your idea of fatherhood is??

STOP BLAMING ME FOR YOUR PROBLEMS! BITCH!

See what I mean? You're SUCH A DICK!

"Hh. It's nothing. Live in the present, Kenny."

Along the way to the gym, Kenny heard some noise. Still a little bit disoriented, he wondered to himself if Marty was perhaps up to the same antics he'd pulled in the conference room, but was relieved to see that it was just the ginger girl, Grace, calling out desperately for someone to direct her to the gym.

"Hey", he called, catching up to her. Smiling sheepishly, he scratched the back of his head and drifted his gaze momentarily. "I'm also looking for the gym. Maybe... we could go find it together?"
If you run, you gain one, but if you move forward, you gain two.

Skyggeheim
Envoy

Founded: Apr 30, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyggeheim » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:32 pm

Alessia Kassis
March 2020
Argonauts HQ

"I can take you there," rang out a voice with a Middle Eastern lilt from behind Grace and Kenny. If they turned, a woman with an owl on her shoulder, dressed in what appeared to be medieval armor - blue tinted with a sandy strip running down the middle - was standing behind them. She had a veil across the lower half of her face, but a three-lined scar that ran across a ruined eye were evident. On her hip was a scabbard containing a long, but rather slender, blade.

"I am Alessia," the woman said, now striding up to the pair and nodding curtly to them, "I assume you are also going to the training? It is surprising that they call for one so soon after that...affair...that we just had."

In all honesty, Alessia was surprised about the events that had occurred not an hour earlier. Several people threw their bid in for leadership of the Argonauts, and a woman who looked to be made of metal confronted another boy about a perceived insult. Most of it went over Alessia's head, as she didn't know exactly what 'Borg Queen' or 'Miss Terminator' meant, but she assumed it was something derogatory. She made a mental note to catch up on pop culture, as she hadn't done a very good job of it since she has been - well - alive in the modern age. Motioning for the two individuals to follow her, she set off at a rather brisk pace towards the training gymnasium. Being at the headquarters for a few weeks had its perks, and knowing the lay of the land was certainly one of them.

San Har Jasta
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby San Har Jasta » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:00 pm

Pending Chief
Switzerland

So much has happened and Chief had no idea what to do. People yelled at each other and stormed away. No one seemed happy. Was it because of his speech? Maybe he wasn't meant to be the inspiring hero. Maybe instead he was meant to be a laughable side kick. Chief heard the call to the gym for a training exercise and started off towards that area. He looked at Marty as he passed and started moving towards him. It was almost instinct for Chief to move to Marty, his gut just told him what he needed to do and say. Pending got right next to Marty and gave him a piece of his mind.

"You should go apologize." Pending took off his sunglasses and looked Marty dead in the eye, "I don't fucking care if you think it her fault or if you feel bad, you should apologize. We need to all be on each other's good sides is we are going to be a team. We will be friends. We will hopefully be a family. I lost my last family and friends and now I have nothing except the sliver of hope that whatever this is will be my next one. I don't know if you or anyone else feels that this could work out, but I do not want to lose the hope that it could. I'll say the exact same thing to Redmast, but unless one of you actually does apologize, I'm scared that we won't be able to have a full family." With that, Chief left and went to go to the gym, and to hopefully see Redmast on the way there so he could tell her the same thing.

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:02 pm

Valloria wrote:Nicholas and Alessia
Argonaut HQ, Switzerland

The others' conversation ended, and Fionn left to call for a training combat session. Exactly what Nick needed. Hurrying to the gear room, he ducked into his locker and began disrobing. Selecting his heavy armor set, he put on the skintight undergarments and flowing, ultralight protective mesh that went under the metal-plated leather of his combat robe, before donning the helm and buckling the set. Securing the bident he affectionately called Joe, crafted for him by Arsenal himself upon his 18th birthday, from the weapons closet, he grunted at the weight of the combined armor. He was momentarily worried he'd regret his choice of heavy armor, but he was confident that his years of training in comparison to his relatively untrained peers would negate any sloppiness or disadvantage caused by the wait. Regardless, he admonished himself to start working out more. He saw some of his peers already readying for the training and smiled, raising his hands in a friendly gesture, Joe bident strapped to his back.

"Who's ready to rock and roll?"

Robespierre

Just when Claude was about to reload his revolvers and have another round of practicing his marksmanship, the speakers overhead roared to life with an announcement of a team practice taking place in the Gym. Definitely an effort by one of the recruits or Mr Holland in order to foster unity in the Argonauts. For that, Claude would applaud at their determination. With a smirk, the Frenchman gathered his .44 Magnum and his S&W Model 500 revolvers before heading off in the direction of the gym. He thought of bring his knives and emps, but Claude figured it was too early to practice with them against his teammates.

"Oui." he replied to Hades with mild approval; the boy's enthusiasm becoming contagious to Claude. After all, this was a good way to better understand each other's powers and weapons. Especially the weapons. Claude is quite proud of his revolvers. Half of the reason was that they were custom made to his like while the other have was their price tag. $2000 per .44 magnum was extraordinary and combined with the fact that his Model 500 cost $3000 alone, Claude was practically shameless.

"I can only wonder what they have planned out for us." he remarked to Hades while he quickly polished his weapons with his handkerchief
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

Mercatus
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Mercatus » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:40 pm

Marty Sullivan

As others began to leave the conference, Marty handed his signed agreement to James, and moved on. However, when Chief stopped by his side and spoke his mind, Marty listened intently. In perhaps the most sincere voice he had since arriving in Zurich, Marty responded to Chief's comment, "Listen, I understand that you want everyone to get along, and believe me, I wish that too. It's just... not that simple when it comes to people. In most people's eyes, and apology won't fix shit. I guarantee you Fionn went outside to tell Redmast how much of an asshole I am, and when that same person says he is going to strive to be the leader, a sharp divide will only get worse. I know what it's like to lose someone close, and I understand why you want us to mesh as a team. Even if I am beginning to hate most of the others, that doesn't mean I wouldn't take a bullet for every single one of them. I want to be our leader so I can mold us into the absolute best they we possibly be, but in their shortsightedness, they fail to realize I want what is best for the team, not just for me. What they see is only what I said to the cyborg girl and rather copious amount of money, and they hate me for it, and probably will hate me for some time. But you, Chief, you want the same thing as me for the same reasons as me, and you want to strive to make an effective team. I admire that. Chief, you have earned my respect not only as a noble mind, but as a friend and brother. I will go apologize to the cyborg woman, and she will probably still want me dead, but I will have made the first step in at least showing I can be a capable leader." With this, Marty walked outside of the conference room to the section of the building dedicated to living quarters. He chose a room with a large window, a bunk, a desk, a small dresser, and a decently sized bathroom with a sink, shower, and clothes hamper. He unpacked everything he had in a timely manner, and geared up for the training session he heard about over the PA. A bulletproof vest and leg armor went over a choice of clothing much more casual than his suit, and he donned steel-toed combat boots. After he tucked his FiveseveN and several magazines into his belt, he was ready, and swiftly headed for the gym.

The Gym

Marty found a fair amount of people waiting in the gym, and he could feel some of their hateful gazes as he entered the room. He simply stood and waited for something to happen, whether it be the start of the training, a new arrival, or Redmast to come over and attempt to murder him, he stood patiently, unmoving.
Last edited by Mercatus on Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
About Me: Far-Right high schooler from Texas disillusioned with the progressive path being taken by society and propagated by young people.
Political Ideology: Right Wing Populism
Religion: Evangelical Baptist Christian

Pro: Gun Rights, Nuclear Family, Protectionist Economics, Capitalism, Israel, Border Wall, Fossil Fuels, Nuclear Energy, Traditional Social Values.
Anti: Communism, Socialism, BLM, LGBTQ Rights, Environmentalism, Affirmative Action, Globalism, Corporatism, Universalism, New Age Spirituality.

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:06 pm

Firebrand

Nagakawa said Along the way to the gym, Kenny heard some noise. Still a little bit disoriented, he wondered to himself if Marty was perhaps up to the same antics he'd pulled in the conference room, but was relieved to see that it was just the ginger girl, Grace, calling out desperately for someone to direct her to the gym.

"Hey", he called, catching up to her. Smiling sheepishly, he scratched the back of his head and drifted his gaze momentarily. "I'm also looking for the gym. Maybe... we could go find it together?"

Skyggeheim said "I can take you there," rang out a voice with a Middle Eastern lilt from behind Grace and Kenny. If they turned, a woman with an owl on her shoulder, dressed in what appeared to be medieval armor - blue tinted with a sandy strip running down the middle - was standing behind them. She had a veil across the lower half of her face, but a three-lined scar that ran across a ruined eye were evident. On her hip was a scabbard containing a long, but rather slender, blade.

"I am Alessia," the woman said, now striding up to the pair and nodding curtly to them, "I assume you are also going to the training? It is surprising that they call for one so soon after that...affair...that we just had."

"Ummmm..yes." Grace nodded at the Asian man, possibly Korean, somehow becoming speechless. She then turned to the Middle Eastern voice, scared. She stared up-and-down at the woman, maybe distrusting her a bit because of her attire and accent or tone-of-voice. She just turned back to the Asian guy and said; "I just wanna train bad. I have fire powers, m'kay, and I don't want to be the weak one around here! We're a team, and I should be able to hold my own with equals, not be mollycoddled!" She lost her cheerful flair, her vibe. "It's not fair if everyone can lift mountains and build suits outta scraps and everything, except me, 'the Fire girl.' " She said, starting to get angry.

"I don't think it'd be right, or fair for me to join y'all when I should focus on my skills a bit. My powers. I feel like I need more practice and training time. I just wanted someone to point me in the direction of the gym, or training room, or whatever, not some Arab girl with a scimitar." She yelled. She really didn't want to lose herself, but it happened anyways.

She tried to calm down, as she still was worried about making 'a great first impression,' but it was like she couldn't. Her hand grew aflame, and she felt the need to hurl fire at something, but she didn't want to hurt her new teammates. She quickly looked around before smiling and ' turning the fire off.'
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:
"Hypercapital's greatest wish would be for others to stop thinking of them (Hypercapital) as too "edgy" and for said other persons to get to truly know and appreciate the depth of Hypercapital's lore."

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

Sadakoyama
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 22, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sadakoyama » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:11 pm

Quandary

She stood in the common area, trying to evaluate the layout of the rooms, but they all seemed equally exposed to her, so she chose one at random. Knocking to make sure it was empty, she entered and quickly but quietly closed the door behind her.

Too emotionally exhausted by the events of the day so far to be overwhelmed by the opulence of the suite she dropped the duffel that contained all her worldly possessions - most of them Argus issued - onto a chair. Then she carefully, methodically shucked the suit and gingerly laid it out on the bed, even the shoes.

She dressed in one of the Argus track suits and a brand-new pair of trainers. They weren't Chucks, but they had soft soles; no more clickety-clack. She tied her hair back into a fuzzball ponytail, then pulled a small, battered Altoids tin from the bag. She considered taking it with her but thought better of it, sliding it between the mattress and box spring.

She jogged into the hall, towards the gym.

I will not fear.
Sadakoyama - Foul-mouthed mad scientists create a University in a disease-ridden jungle of death!
We're not Communist and we love noodles.

Skyggeheim
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyggeheim » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:23 pm

Tara Redmast
March 2020
Argonauts Training Gym

Tara had made it up to the control tower of the simulation gym with relatively little issue after departing from Fionn and Claire. She now sat inside, with her feet up on the control panel and smiling to herself. As it were, her plan was working swimmingly. Assorted members of the Argonauts were streaming into the gym, standing around and making idle conversation while they waited for training to begin. Despite the fact that Fionn hadn't arrived, she found herself somewhat excited for this to go down. Being a computer had its perks, and the analysis of individuals psychological profiles gave her an interesting look into how to get into people's heads. Fionn wanted to be leader, and she could respect that. In fact, she found herself admiring it. She couldn't imagine being the face of this new program, but she supposed Fionn was pretty enough to do that job. Not to mention, doing a favor for Fionn meant he might owe her a favor in the future.

Flipping open her pack of cigarettes, she popped one in her mouth and lit it before taking her feet off the dashboard and plugging in to the control panel. Of course, this was purely a metaphorical term. Rather than flipping switches and working the control panel, information and raw data flooded her vision. Virtual displays of statuses and options for the simulation room whizzed by, and she flipped through a few options before deciding to just toy with the modular options of the room. The team members below could watch as some of the panels flipped and changed, whirling rapidly between several configurations and "environments", before settling back down into its default state. Taking a long drag of her cigarette, disregarding the "NO SMOKING" sign that was plastered on the wall behind her.

"Hey, you there?" She said suddenly, seeming to no one, but she simultaneously opened up a communications channel with Fionn. "Switching us over to private."

A few displays whirred past her vision as Tara switched them over to a private communications channel. She had no doubt it was still monitored, but it was better than a public channel.

"You got any ideas for this? Or should I get these chumps warmed up?" She said.

Alessia Kassis
March 2020
Argonauts HQ

Alessia winced at the comment, quickly suppressing the shock and anger she felt at the sudden outburst from the fiery girl. After a brief moment, she settled herself back into a neutral expression, her scowl hidden behind the veil over her mouth. Idly, she reached up to scratch Risha's head and waited for the girl to end her tirade. What disturbed Alessia the most was the serene smile that she seemed to offer at the conclusion of the episode. That was...unsettling, to say the least. Alessia thought, for a moment, the girl was going to start throwing flames around the grounds of the base.

"I...suppose that's okay," Alessia said, letting a heavy sigh loose, "You can find the gymnasium by yourself, if you don't want an 'Arab' girl to help you."

With that, Alessia gave them both a curt nod and once again picked up her pace towards the gymnasium. The pair didn't notice the tears well in her eyes as she strutted away from them, and she balled up her fist and swallowed hard before reaching a gauntleted hand up to wipe them. Again exhaling hard, she stepped into the gym. One of the first individuals she saw was dressed in relatively ornate armor, and was carrying a bident. Shrugging, she found the least occupied corner and stood on the wall, waiting for the exercise to begin. If the fiasco in the briefing room and the fire girl's outburst were any evidence, Alessia was going to wait a very long time before becoming a sparkling conversationalist with these people.
Last edited by Skyggeheim on Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Khasinkonia » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:24 pm

Carmagnola
Siti Picciriddi

The outburst and then the proceeding mess of actions really did rub me the wrong way. I was inclined to contradict the robotic woman, for never had I taught a class with such poor manners. It seemed to me like these were not picciriddi, but rather adults who never got past such childish sensibilities and instead let them fester. There was a lacking of self reflection in some respects that I just found rather distasteful for a team of adults to be fast to fight one another. Not so good for PR, certainly. It was a bit disheartening to see that about half of my teammates were ready to fight one another in some way shape or form. But no matter, it was time to get changed for training, seeing as invitations usually were polite ways of mandating attendance in environments such as this.

I first went to my room, as in the time allotted between the two affairs was enough to ensure that I wouldn’t have to risk dirtying nicer clothes. I swapped into some casualwear. It occurred to me as I was getting undressed that I ought to use my wings, so I scaled them up to their natural size so I might use them. Naturally, this restricted normal shirt wearing, so I put on a black sports bra, black yoga pants, and some red running shorts, and then, of course, socks and my white tennis shoes which had a peace stripe running along the sides. Shoes tied, thermos filled with sink water, and otherwise ready to go, I fluttered my way to the gym so as to stretch myself before anything properly strenuous happened, where folks were clearly already ready to go. I put my hand on my hip and stood in a comfortable position. I had a sort of frumpy expression on my face, as, though I long trained myself to be smiley for the picciriddi, I still had an innate RBF when I wasn’t trying. At this point, I wasn’t inclined to. So many people with actual weapons and things like that. We surely weren’t actually going to be firing real bullets at one another, right? That would be downright insane.

Okayanos
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 04, 2018

Postby Okayanos » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:39 pm

Fionn Szabo
Avalerion
ARGUS HQ - Workshop

Ten minutes may not have been enough time. Fionn's suit is in a fragmentary state, and he'd have to rush to reassemble it fully in ten minutes, let alone tune and upgrade. It wasn't the end of the world, though. The training exercise would let him stress-test the current form of it, at least. His workshop space soon began to devolve into a cluttered mess, the kind that was comforting to Fionn. No one except him could make sense of it, or find what they were looking for. He had everything he could have wanted- weapon racks, a storage frame for the suit, a workbench with space for all of his tools, and a personal power line for recharging everything. His weapons were the first thing he unpacked, and thankfully, they were all still fully assembled.

The machine cannons were first, small automatic weapons that would be mounted on his suit's top pair of thrusters. He set them aside for time being, for when he actually got the suit put together. Next were the racks of micro-missiles, each one carefully loaded before being left beside the machine cannons. The micro-missiles would be stored in the suit's legs and lower thrusters when it was completed. The next set of weapons was something he could at least give a quick test to- the Beam Magnum, a blocky handgun that was a borderline rifle in Fionn's hands. There were two of them, both being switched into a low-power mode for travel. Fionn took one, hefting the weapon up and switching it back to active mode. The Beam Magnum produced a pleasing hum as it powered up, a purple-blue glow coming to life at the business end. The process repeated with the second gun, before the pair were placed aside.

The final weapons were two small cylinders, a little less than a foot long. Fionn took one, pointing the end of it away from himself and switching it on- with a snap-hiss of energy, a violet blade of solidified light sprang to life, measuring a good four feet long. Despite its length, the blade was almost weightless, with only just enough mass to feel comfortable in one's hand when swung. Fionn again repeated the process with the second sword, before placing both of them down. The Beam Sabers were some of his favorite creations. The only things left in the weapons crate were the Aegis shields, but those didn't have any advanced systems to check, and would be slotted onto the suit when it was done anyways.

Fionn began to dig into the second crate, where the components of the suit itself were kept. The basic framework was the easiest thing to reassemble, as well as the quickest. A simple frame with arms and legs, both sets of limbs being longer than those of the user. The hands and feet of the suit were not those of the person inside. The armor plates were the lengthy part. Each one was wrapped for travel, to preserve the striking crimson paintjob Fionn had given it. Every piece locked together around the frame, heavier armor guarding the torso- where the pilot's vitals would be.

The thruster assembly had its own rack to hang from as Fionn began to attach the plating. The machine cannons and micromissiles fit under the plates, with openings only appearing for when the weapons were meant to be in use. Each thruster sub-arm locked into the suit's back, and a quick signal from a remote Fionn wired into the detached helm made them begin to move of their own volition, going through a basic flexibility test. A small test-firing sent a blast of heat and wind out behind the suit, kicking up dramatic clouds of dust for the brief second of the thruster's firing, only for it to slowly drift back down to earth eventually.

With the Coronis completed, Fionn began the process of removing his shirt and pants. He'd worn his form-fitting, black flightsuit under his clothing, all in preparation for this moment. The front plates of the suit began to shift, the whole front of the suit opening itself to allow its pilot to enter. He stepped upward, securing his feet into the Coronis' legs and his hands into its arms, and let his body relax backward as the armor plating began to close around him. With his hair tied back, the helmet lowered comfortably over his head, and the world was dark for a moment. Then, light returned to him. From the outside, one would see the Coronis' visor and long-range scanner light up green, almost seeming to gleam for a moment.

Being wrapped in the protection of his own creation was a kind of comfort few other metas would ever know. He holsted the Beam Magnums on his back, and the Sabers in his forearms, and then finally addressed the voice of Tara in his ear (ARGUS had apparently taken the liberty of tuning him into their comm channel.)
"Thanks for the private channel. No need to warm them up without me, I'll be at the gym soon." Fionn hooked both Aegis shields onto his lower set of thrusters, and began clomping toward the gym with his huge metal feet.

He entered the training room, greeted by a majority of the team already present. He counted Tuccia, Nick, Claude, The girl who he could never remember, Alessia, and even Chief and Marty both. Even among such a colorful cast of characters, a nearly 8 foot tall, bright red mecha suit was surely eye-catching. The glowing visor scanned the gathered group- perhaps he could lead them.
"Alright, Argonauts!" Fionn spoke, his voice amplified and given a metallic echo. "We got off to a piss-poor start today. Tempers flared, and arguments happened. Whatever the fuck kinda baggage you have, it all goes away when you step in here. We're a team, so let's try and show our superiors that we can act like one. Training's gonna start out with something nice and easy- one on one sparring. Tara, give me a center ring, 20 foot diameter, if you'd be so kind. Let's get two people with... about equal power levels in there and get things started."
Last edited by Okayanos on Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Nagakawa
Diplomat

Postby Nagakawa » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:51 pm

Argus HQ
22/03/2020

Kenny winced in secondhand embarrassment.

Was there to be no end to the dumb squabbles? Already, he was beginning to have second thoughts about coming to this place. A gathering of metahumans with powers that could be put to use in special combat situations and other such missions, yet a significant number of the people here seemed to have no control either over their tongue and/or their emotions.

Then again, Kenny, you yourself have your fair share of emotional instability. You're just better at hiding it than most.

"I'll... I'll be heading over to the gym", said Kenny to Grace, flashing a bashful smile and heading off after Alessia.

Someday soon, you're gonna blow up, and then there's gonna be hell to pay.

The gym was quite packed by the time Kenny got there. Tara was smoking by the control panel (Kenny inhaled deeply and avoided making eye contact with her, for she intimidated him so), and inside, among other people, was Marty, standing by nonchalantly and absorbing some of the stabbing glares of the others in the room. Pending Chief was there too, as were several people he remembered from earlier, some of whom were dressed in full-on suits of medieval armour and one of whom was carrying a large bident.

What a curious bunch indeed, Kenny thought to himself, occupying an inconspicuous corner of the gym and proceeding to stretch. He'd lost quite a bit of muscle after that bout of pneumonia that had led to his being discharged from the army earlier than expected, only recently regaining a little bit of bulk, but thankfully, it seemed his flexibility was still more or less there. Gingerly he stuck his legs out, lowering himself into a left split and holding it there for a minute, feeling the tension in his hamstring, before then climbing back up to his feet and repeating, this time in a right split.

As for who had called them down for a group training session and what they planned to do... that would have to wait.

After a minute of holding a centre split, Kenny clambered to his feet and exhaled in satisfaction, his hamstrings and leg muscles now loosened and ready to go. He stopped for a moment, feeling the dull, nagging ache in his diaphragm, breathing in again and then slowly releasing air from his lungs in one smooth, controlled motion. He could hear a sinister hissing sound inside his head as his lungs emptied the last of their air. They weren't as deep as they once had been.

"..." Kenny made to speak to the others, but retracted his sentence before it could leave his throat. It seems like anything I say could well offend someone here, he thought forlornly to himself, as he lowered his body to a crouching tiger stance and slowly swayed from left to right to loosen and warm up his crotch. The ape seems to be one of the few sensible people here, but... I'd rather not say too much here.

"..."

Ah, Fionn was here. The guy had barged into the gym in his gigantic mecha suit, taking charge of the whole training routine and calling for everybody to get together and work as a team. The usual stuff. He was roughly the same age as Kenny himself, but had the air of a commander. Quite a hard one, it seemed. Though that was, perhaps, necessary to rein in the worst impulses of certain people whom Kenny did not particularly want to think about. Better him than someone like... well.

"Training's gonna start out with something nice and easy", said Fionn, almost out of the blue from his motivational speech. "One-on-one sparring."

Good old taekwondo days, Kenny mused to himself with a wistful smile as he got back up to his feet. Though he wasn't sure if he, a more or less ordinary person who happened to have some combat support power, would be particularly good against any of these monstrous-looking fighters.
Last edited by Nagakawa on Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sadakoyama
Chargé d'Affaires

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sadakoyama » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:10 pm

Quandary

Quandary, huffing and puffing and red faced, arrived at the gym after nearly everyone else. She curiously noted the girl with the owl and the interesting scar was now alone, hunched against a wall in a quiet place she would have picked for herself and clearly upset. The sheer mass of weaponry on display was... disconcerting; she was expecting some light cardio, maybe some weight training.

She was looking for Chief in the crowd when a giant robot suit of armor clumped into the room, practically right behind her. She scrambled out of its way just in time.

"Alright, Argonauts!" Fionn's voice bellowed out, amplified and a little distorted.

Bless the Maker, she thought. Maybe I am backing the right horse.
Last edited by Sadakoyama on Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sadakoyama - Foul-mouthed mad scientists create a University in a disease-ridden jungle of death!

Mercatus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Mercatus » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:17 pm

Marty Sullivan

When Fionn walked into the training room with his mech suit and decided to start with sparring, Marty became suddenly interested. "I volunteer to be in the first round. Now, I'm sure Tara would appreciate the opportunity to try and beat the shit out of me, unless of course she'd rather not and pick someone else." said Marty when Fionn requested two people to kick off training. He took off his bulletproof vest and leg armor, setting them to rest on the ground. He then removed the pistol and its Kydex holster from his belt, along with the magazines, and set them next to his vest. He looked at Tara and asked, "So, want to spar or not?"
About Me: Far-Right high schooler from Texas disillusioned with the progressive path being taken by society and propagated by young people.

Pro: Gun Rights, Nuclear Family, Protectionist Economics, Capitalism, Israel, Border Wall, Fossil Fuels, Nuclear Energy, Traditional Social Values.
Anti: Communism, Socialism, BLM, LGBTQ Rights, Environmentalism, Affirmative Action, Globalism, Corporatism, Universalism, New Age Spirituality.

Sadakoyama
Chargé d'Affaires

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sadakoyama » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:28 pm

Quandary

With the threat of imminent violence suddenly looming her instincts took over and, abandoning her search for her friend, she backed up to the wall near the woman with the owl. This one was also armed and armored; but at least hers weren't nuclear powered or loaded.

"Hey. Hell of a day, yeah?"

Futrellia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 29, 2013

Postby Futrellia » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:31 pm

Gym

A peaceful session of hitting heavy iron followed by a five mile run was seemingly thrown out of the window. Everyone hit the entrance of the gym at the same time, including Richard, bag full of workout clothing. Fionn was commander as of now, or at least that's how he painted himself. Here he was, showing us all up in his mighty suit of armor. A suit like that was impressive but was he using it simply because he missed wearing it and just had to put it on or was it being used as an intimidation factor. "Training's gonna start out with something nice and easy, one-on-one sparring.". Richard shrugged his shoulders. "Sure, why not." Richard said to himself. He wasn't against playing the part. Going against the grain with these guys would most likely have you cast out as the black sheep of the Argonauts. He cracked his neck and stretched his arms as he looked around at the other Args.

"I volunteer to be in the first round. Now, I'm sure Tara would appreciate the opportunity to try and beat the shit out of me, unless of course she'd rather not and pick someone else." Said Marty Sullivan. "Ah, shit. Maybe not such a good idea, kid." He thought as he looked over to observe Tara's expression. This was about to get interesting.

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:58 pm

Firebrand

Skyggeheim said Alessia winced at the comment, quickly suppressing the shock and anger she felt at the sudden outburst from the fiery girl. After a brief moment, she settled herself back into a neutral expression, her scowl hidden behind the veil over her mouth. Idly, she reached up to scratch Risha's head and waited for the girl to end her tirade. What disturbed Alessia the most was the serene smile that she seemed to offer at the conclusion of the episode. That was...unsettling, to say the least. Alessia thought, for a moment, the girl was going to start throwing flames around the grounds of the base.

"I...suppose that's okay," Alessia said, letting a heavy sigh loose, "You can find the gymnasium by yourself, if you don't want an 'Arab' girl to help you."

With that, Alessia gave them both a curt nod and once again picked up her pace towards the gymnasium. The pair didn't notice the tears well in her eyes as she strutted away from them, and she balled up her fist and swallowed hard before reaching a gauntleted hand up to wipe them. Again exhaling hard, she stepped into the gym. One of the first individuals she saw was dressed in relatively ornate armor, and was carrying a bident. Shrugging, she found the least occupied corner and stood on the wall, waiting for the exercise to begin. If the fiasco in the briefing room and the fire girl's outburst were any evidence, Alessia was going to wait a very long time before becoming a sparkling conversationalist with these people.

She smirked. "I guess that's a wrap." She said to the Asian guy. "And what's your name? Atleast you didn't scurry off like she did." She played with her hair, before laughing. "I've truly seen everything. I remember, one time, in Florida, okay, I was fighting this buff villain. I was fighting this buff villain, right?" She started to tell him about one of her past experiences. "I don't think he was a normal person. His veins got all red.. and.." She chuckled. She resumed. "He was strong. He looked like he could put a G-Wagon on his finger easily." She giggled at her own description. "Well." She looked at him. "I like you, and the French guy. I just hope the rest of the team doesn't freak out like she did." She started laughing, before giving the Asian dude a thumbs-up.

"You like sweaters?" She asked, pointing at herself. "Eh? No? That's alright, with me. I didn't get to introduce myself to anyone today. My name's Robertson, Grace Robertson. It'll be nice, working together like this with you." She smiled.

Nagakawa said enny winced in secondhand embarrassment.

Was there to be no end to the dumb squabbles? Already, he was beginning to have second thoughts about coming to this place. A gathering of metahumans with powers that could be put to use in special combat situations and other such missions, yet a significant number of the people here seemed to have no control either over their tongue and/or their emotions.

Then again, Kenny, you yourself have your fair share of emotional instability. You're just better at hiding it than most.

"I'll... I'll be heading over to the gym", said Kenny to Grace, flashing a bashful smile and heading off after Alessia.

Someday soon, you're gonna blow up, and then there's gonna be hell to pay.

"A-alright, then." She jogged after the duo.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:05 pm

Robespierre

The power armor Fionn was using was very impressive on an engineering and visual level. No doubt it there were many technical intricacies making up that suit that were leagues ahead on what is publicly available. For sure, Fionn made it himself with the resources Argus provided him. If he really did build that from nothing, laude thought to himself He has my respect. Everyone else, however, wore standard body armor and brought military grade weapons with them. The Frenchman stood out as he still wore is $7000 custom-tailored suit purchased in North Italy.

Claude politely raised his hand. "I too would like to volunteer first. I am eager to get started."
Last edited by Union Princes on Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

San Har Jasta
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby San Har Jasta » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:16 pm

Pending Chief
Switzerland

Chief was very angry. Marty did not apologize like he said he would, and instead challenged Redmast to a fight. Pending wasn't one to normally give into his primal instincts the way that his less intelligent chimp brothers and sisters do. But this time, he would make an exception. Chief started to take off his clothes, stripping all the way down to his bare fur. Marty had said that Pending gained his respect, so the least Chief could do was give him a fair fight with no firearms involved. Once the ape had no clothes on and no weapons on him, he stepped forwards, pointing a single simian finger at Marty accusingly.

"This is training. You don't call out anyone that you want to fight based on personal vendettas! You fight whoever comes into your ring! And this ape-" Chief gestured toward himself, beating a fist against his chest. "-is walking all the way into the ring. You said you were going to settle this little argument between you and Tara and apologize. But that ain't happening, chief. I can't stand folks that can't suck it up and fucking apologize." Chief bared his teeth, and could already feel the feral mind waiting for him to let it in.

Sadakoyama
Chargé d'Affaires

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sadakoyama » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:27 pm

Quandary

Quandary snapped to attention and stopped making faces at the quiet woman's bird when she heard he simian friend's angry voice.

I should back him up. That's what friends do. But how? I don't know what to do. I don't know what to do!

Nagakawa
Diplomat

Postby Nagakawa » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:59 pm

Argus HQ
22/03/2020

When both Claude and Chief (the latter of whom had stripped bare) stepped up and challenged Marty, everybody knew that shit was going to go down real fast.

"Hey, Grace. Name's Kenny", he introduced himself to Grace quietly, chuckling shyly as if to apologise to her for their disjointed conversation earlier. Later, he would try to find Alessia to try to introduce himself to her too. Assuming, of course, she was willing to talk.

By now, it seemed like Chief had descended into a more feral state of mind, one suited for war rather than for negotiation. How the unreadable Marty felt in the face of raw, animal ferocity was a mystery, but Kenny knew, for sure, that if he were to face Chief first thing in the morning, it wouldn't be a feeling he'd forget so easily. Once, in high school, he'd felt that very feeling. It was a sparring match between him and a guy from a nearby school's taekwondo team, a writhing mass of brutally-conditioned muscle by the name of Choi Jeong-hee, who barely fit into the same weight category as the smaller Kenny. That air of bloodlust was not alien to him, and seeing it now again, in a ring right before him, sent shivers down his spine.

It's been over a year since you last sparred seriously with someone. Are you sure that 1st dan rank is something you deserve?

"I wonder how this is gonna turn out", Kenny murmured, partly to Grace and partly to himself, while gnawing on his lip out of anticipation. "Chief, or the French guy, versus Marty..."

When this was all over, Kenny thought to himself, I'm going to have to cycle out into town and get myself something nice to eat to calm my nerves.

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:05 pm

Firebrand

She saw everyone in the gym. She kept her distance, though, because it seemed like the team wasn't really a team. It seemed like a giant screeching match. She should've changed, before she got here. She sprinted back to her room, or atleast that general area. She took out a t-shirt and a hoodie, and changed. She sprinted back to the Gym, did a Cardio/legs-type regimen, and then she watched everyone spar or whatever. She still didn't feel ready, but atleast she worked her legs out. She practiced her punching on the gym's punching bag. She felt a bit better. One of the gym trainers came up to her. "Hi, buddy, you look kinda.." She pointed around a bit. Grace nodded. "I am. I don't want to get tore up. Best to come in here and grind." She told the trainer, laughing. "You might not always have them, Grace, but you have us. You have the gym. Best to get yourself prepared."

She saw the trainer do some stretches, and she joined in. Not too shortly, they were in the ring. They were boxing. It appeared Grace had her footwork, her bobbing-and-weaving down. She'd practice her jabs, cuts, and other boxing-type punches for a bit, as well as talking to him and the time seemed to pass by faster.
Last edited by HypErcApitAl on Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

Skyggeheim
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyggeheim » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:19 pm

Nicholas Fowler, Tara Redmast, and Fionn Szabo
March 2020
Argonauts HQ

The others converged on the arena chamber as Nick lazily paced back and forth, occasionally examining his bident. He saw Tara and Fionn, his powers tuning in on their private comms conversation. He was starting to get the feeling that there was something going on there. Not romantic, he decided. Conspiratorial. He got the feeling Tara was after something and she was using Fionn's aspirations towards leadership to get it. He still wasn't sure whether he wanted to be a leader, but he knew from his Academy days he didn't want Fionn in that particular post.

"Alright, alright, everybody slow the fuck down." Tara said, shooting a sideways glance at Fionn, hoping he picked up her gaze. Perfect, she had an opportunity. Now, she would take the shot that could make or break Fionn's campaign for leadership.

"Listen, we got called here by Fionn, right? He's technically 'commanding' the training. Out of respect to him, why don't we let him pick whoever gets to fight Marty? Marty seems to be popular enough to warrant that."

After speaking, she sat back in her chair and kicked her feet up against the control panel, smirking at Marty. As she relaxed, the gymnasium around the Argonauts shifted and changed. Walls shot up and formed a circular arena, featureless other than the 20ft diameter and walls, with one door to enter both in and out.

Though it was understandably hard to know where Fionn was looking through the opaque, glowing visor of his helm, his gaze did indeed meet with Tara's. His heavy steel feet clomped across the gym floor, putting himself more in the center of the group. About three people had put themselves forward to fight against Marty, and only one could have the honor. While Fionn enjoyed the thought of Marty getting his just desserts, he wanted to have the first training session have some kind of order to it.

"It's one on one only." His mechanized voice boomed. "Claude was the first one to step up and answer Marty's challenge, so he can- god help him- have the first match." The four massive thrusters on Fionn's back angled downward and fired, sending out a powerful downdraft of wind as he left the ground and ascended into the air, the heraldic eagle taking flight.

"Everyone else, start funneling out! Claude and Marty, you fight until someone's unconscious or taps out!" He commanded as he flew above the walls of the arena, touching down and perching atop them to watch the fight play out. The walls were thick enough that even his metal suit could balance easily.

"That's a deathwish for Claude, Fionn, and you know it. Marty Stu needs to pick on someone his own size," Nick said, flipping down his mask and lowering his bident, firing a blast of sonic energy that on contact would knock back Marty a dozen feet.

Mercatus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Mercatus » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:55 pm

Marty Sullivan

When Chief showed his discontent and began to challenge him, Marty simply stood calmly. He feared almost nothing, and looked to the current challenge. The frenchman was to be his opponent, but alas, it was pointed out to be suicide for him to go up against Marty, and a more appropriately capable candidate made himself apparent.

Marty noticed only slightly too late that a blast of some sort of energy was hurtling in his direction, and made a move to dodge. The blast still hit him in his left side, but he was unaffected for the most part. His left arm and side recoiled back, but Marty was still on his feet. He turned to look at his opponent, Nick, and quickly prepared a counterattack. A spear with a blunt but still aerodynamic tip formed in his right hand, and a blunted blade replaced his left forearm. Being sure not to let Nick get a second attack in, Marty leaped an astounding 12 feet into the air, and took aim with the spear. When he was satisfied with his aim, he was already back down to 8 feet 4 inches in the air, and he threw the spear with the maximum force he could muster that wouldn't injure Nick too seriously. If Nick was struck in an unprotected area, he would likely have a bone fracture. When his feet touched back down, he kept his momentum going so as to not be an easy target for any more ranged attacks. He knew he needed another ranged weapon in order to at least have a distraction, as it was loaded with rubber bullets, but knew that Nick would likely notice a mad dash for the pistol, so he decided to bide his time.
Last edited by Mercatus on Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse