NATION

PASSWORD

The Land Of The Free: An American Political Roleplay (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Jovuistan
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:57 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Agarntrop wrote:"W-what, Richard?"

Carol looked briefly at Slater, then ignored him and continued knocking on Michelle's door, "Hello?! Answer me or I'll call 911."

"He left his phone here." said Goldman, picking it up.

"Do you want it? If I have it, it'll look like some Watergate-level shit."

Stomps were heard as Slater was running back. His eyes spotted his phone in Goldman's hand. "Erika! Give it to me!" He reached out his hand for his phone.
Die nasty!!111

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:59 pm

Jovuistan wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"He left his phone here." said Goldman, picking it up.

"Do you want it? If I have it, it'll look like some Watergate-level shit."

Stomps were heard as Slater was running back. His eyes spotted his phone in Goldman's hand. "Erika! Give it to me!" He reached out his hand for his phone.

"Calm down, Richard. I'm not even going to ask what's wrong with it." Goldman handed the phone back to Slater, still bemused. "I know what's going on, so if we could all calm down..."
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:01 pm

Meelducan wrote:
Capitol Hill, Washington D.C

The door swung open to reveal Michelle with red, slightly puffy eyes and trying to fix her hair.

"I'm here, I'm here." She said shakily. "I think I'm OK. Where's Slater?"

"He stormed off, what happened?"

Carol took out her own phone, preparing to call the police if need be.
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:03 pm

Agarntrop wrote:
Meelducan wrote:

The door swung open to reveal Michelle with red, slightly puffy eyes and trying to fix her hair.

"I'm here, I'm here." She said shakily. "I think I'm OK. Where's Slater?"

"He stormed off, what happened?"

Carol took out her own phone, preparing to call the police if need be.

"Well, he just returned, he's right there..." Erika said, subtly pointing to Slater.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:03 pm

"Richard obviously needs a reminder in manners," Michelle said fixing her blazer. "Nothing happened. I tripped then all I hear is Richard banging on my door demanding to know what I was doing. Quite intrusive if you ask me."
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Jovuistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:04 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Jovuistan wrote:Stomps were heard as Slater was running back. His eyes spotted his phone in Goldman's hand. "Erika! Give it to me!" He reached out his hand for his phone.

"Calm down, Richard. I'm not even going to ask what's wrong with it." Goldman handed the phone back to Slater, still bemused. "I know what's going on, so if we could all calm down..."

"Don't give a shit." Slater turned his back on Goldman and finally was off away from the commotion for good.

When he arrived back in his office, his rage came back in full force. He avoided punching something else, and instead resorted to taking out his computer and going to twitter.

Richard Slater
@SenatorRSlater

Tweeting from my computer. Michelle Brown messed with the wrong Senator. She broke my fucking phone. See you in court.

Immediately after sending the tweet out into the wild, Slater's mind weeded through his anger just quickly enough to realize how horrible of an idea it was to tweet that. He swiftly deleted the tweet and just tried to forget everything that happened.
Die nasty!!111

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:05 pm

Meelducan wrote:

"Richard obviously needs a reminder in manners," Michelle said fixing her blazer. "Nothing happened. I tripped then all I hear is Richard banging on my door demanding to know what I was doing. Quite intrusive if you ask me."

"The door says otherwise, just look at the dent. I'm not sure how tweets happen by tripping on a carpet, but the world is getting weirder by the day..."
Please Watch

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:06 pm

Confused and bewildered, Clarke declared, "right, this is it," and rang 911. "Hello, police please?"
Left Without Edge

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:08 pm

"That was him! All over some tweet that I apparently sent out. Total fake news. He's a walking disgrace." Michelle said smiling.

Michelle ran over and grabbed Clarke's phone and swiftly hung up.

"No need for the Police."
Marianne 2024:

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:10 pm

Meelducan wrote:

"That was him! All over some tweet that I apparently sent out. Total fake news. He's a walking disgrace." Michelle said smiling.

Clarke aggressively grabbed her phone back, before returning to Anderson's office.

"Right, I've got a speech to write, I can't be dealing with this munted shitshow, bye!"
Left Without Edge

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:11 pm

Meelducan wrote:

"Yeah...if you do that they'll try to track you. And if they find it in the Senate building...All hell will break loose.

But yeah, we should probably fix that door...I mean, I know what happened, so...let's all just move on with our lives."

Goldman then walked away, grabbed her things, and got ready to go to her next campaign stop...
Last edited by The World Capitalist Confederation on Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please Watch

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:12 pm

"Well, I better go, Erika. Someone has to defend the President from you pesky Democrats." She said ith a fake laugh and smile before running off to the Elevator.
Marianne 2024:

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:14 pm

Jovuistan wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Wolf frowned. “I thought she was going to become RNC Chair?”

Arnold Jr. frowned a bit as well. "Well, that's what she told me. Maybe she changed her mind at some point."

“She’s lying to one of us. She’s lying to one of us. She also told me she would get me a wig and a mustache for when I do chemo. Well- I haven’t gotten that. I haven’t- ok so yeah she’s lying. I’m not happy with her. I’m not happy with her. Well- yes, yes run for President. You should do it. Should I endorse you? That’s nepotism. I feel like I should because you’re my son. Prendergast and Burgun are good guys. Good guys. I don’t know. Lil needs to stop lying.”
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:17 pm

Jovuistan wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"Calm down, Richard. I'm not even going to ask what's wrong with it." Goldman handed the phone back to Slater, still bemused. "I know what's going on, so if we could all calm down..."

"Don't give a shit." Slater turned his back on Goldman and finally was off away from the commotion for good.

When he arrived back in his office, his rage came back in full force. He avoided punching something else, and instead resorted to taking out his computer and going to twitter.

Richard Slater
@SenatorRSlater

Tweeting from my computer. Michelle Brown messed with the wrong Senator. She broke my fucking phone. See you in court.

Immediately after sending the tweet out into the wild, Slater's mind weeded through his anger just quickly enough to realize how horrible of an idea it was to tweet that. He swiftly deleted the tweet and just tried to forget everything that happened.

All remaining means of Slater and his staffs' electronic communication are now crammed full with calls and messages from Anderson asking what has happened and ringing like hell.
Left Without Edge

Jovuistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:18 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Jovuistan wrote:Arnold Jr. frowned a bit as well. "Well, that's what she told me. Maybe she changed her mind at some point."

“She’s lying to one of us. She’s lying to one of us. She also told me she would get me a wig and a mustache for when I do chemo. Well- I haven’t gotten that. I haven’t- ok so yeah she’s lying. I’m not happy with her. I’m not happy with her. Well- yes, yes run for President. You should do it. Should I endorse you? That’s nepotism. I feel like I should because you’re my son. Prendergast and Burgun are good guys. Good guys. I don’t know. Lil needs to stop lying.”

Arnold Jr. chose to ignore what Arnold Sr. was talking about with Lilyana. "It's up to you. I think people with sense would understand why. You don't have to if you're not sure about it, though it'd definitely be preferable."
Die nasty!!111

Jovuistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:23 pm

Agarntrop wrote:
Jovuistan wrote:"Don't give a shit." Slater turned his back on Goldman and finally was off away from the commotion for good.

(Image)
Richard Slater
@SenatorRSlater

All remaining means of Slater and his staffs' electronic communication are now crammed full with calls and messages from Anderson asking what has happened and ringing like hell.

"Senator!" One of Slater's staff barge into his room. "I'm getting calls from Anderson."

"What?" Slater was startled by the sudden entry but then realized what was going on. He held his head down, asking if he could borrow the phone and speak to Anderson. As soon as he did that, another staff member came in. "I think Senator Anderson wants to talk to you."

Slater rolled his eyes. "He only needed to call one." He stated rather bluntly as he called Anderson back.

"Okay, Barry. What's the issue."
Die nasty!!111

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:24 pm

Jovuistan wrote:
Sanabel wrote:“She’s lying to one of us. She’s lying to one of us. She also told me she would get me a wig and a mustache for when I do chemo. Well- I haven’t gotten that. I haven’t- ok so yeah she’s lying. I’m not happy with her. I’m not happy with her. Well- yes, yes run for President. You should do it. Should I endorse you? That’s nepotism. I feel like I should because you’re my son. Prendergast and Burgun are good guys. Good guys. I don’t know. Lil needs to stop lying.”

Arnold Jr. chose to ignore what Arnold Sr. was talking about with Lilyana. "It's up to you. I think people with sense would understand why. You don't have to if you're not sure about it, though it'd definitely be preferable."

“What will your campaign slogan be? What is your message? Tell me more.”

If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:32 pm

Jovuistan wrote:
Agarntrop wrote:All remaining means of Slater and his staffs' electronic communication are now crammed full with calls and messages from Anderson asking what has happened and ringing like hell.

"Senator!" One of Slater's staff barge into his room. "I'm getting calls from Anderson."

"What?" Slater was startled by the sudden entry but then realized what was going on. He held his head down, asking if he could borrow the phone and speak to Anderson. As soon as he did that, another staff member came in. "I think Senator Anderson wants to talk to you."

Slater rolled his eyes. "He only needed to call one." He stated rather bluntly as he called Anderson back.

Anderson has read Slater's deleted tweet, and he sounds LIVID. "What the FUCK, Richard? Do you want to kill of the Prendergast movement by dividing it so much? You do realise I read your tweet? What the heck?"
Left Without Edge

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:36 pm

Jovuistan wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"Calm down, Richard. I'm not even going to ask what's wrong with it." Goldman handed the phone back to Slater, still bemused. "I know what's going on, so if we could all calm down..."

Richard Slater
@SenatorRSlater

Goldman saw the tweet on the deleted tweet database, brought to her attention by one of her staffers. She then saved the tweet in full text along with a link, just in case Slater ever pissed her off again...
Please Watch

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:38 pm

James Moore
@MichiganMoore

A concerning tweet just came out of the office of Senator Slater, he might be in distress as such I have called Capitol Police to make a wellness check on his office.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:44 pm

Jovuistan wrote:

Richard Slater
@SenatorRSlater

A loud knock came on the door of Slater's office "Hello Senator Slater? This is the Capitol Police, are you okay?"

| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Jovuistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:01 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Jovuistan wrote:Arnold Jr. chose to ignore what Arnold Sr. was talking about with Lilyana. "It's up to you. I think people with sense would understand why. You don't have to if you're not sure about it, though it'd definitely be preferable."

“What will your campaign slogan be? What is your message? Tell me more.”

"So, I was thinking for a campaign slogan I could go for something like "Keep America Great" - something that shows I'm a candidate for continuing your policies. Maybe something along the lines of "Never Going Back" is possible, but I much prefer the first choice. As for message, I obviously want to campaign on the platform of maintaining the policies and accomplishments of your presidency. I want to drain the swamp for good and finish the job on things that you, unfortunately, haven't had the chance to complete. I'll finish building the wall. I'll repeal and replace Bahariacare. I'll even go further with new policies, such as some of the paid family leave proposals Lil came up with, which I think will help expand our base to more women. We can't let the socialist Democrats undo all of the progress we've made, and I will be the one to beat them badly and protect our country."

Agarntrop wrote:
Jovuistan wrote:"Senator!" One of Slater's staff barge into his room. "I'm getting calls from Anderson."

Anderson has read Slater's deleted tweet, and he sounds LIVID. "What the FUCK, Richard? Do you want to kill of the Prendergast movement by dividing it so much? You do realise I read your tweet? What the heck?"

"Oh, god." Slater groaned, not wanting to deal with this right now. "Look, there was an incident with Michelle. I don't want to talk about it right now. I'm not intending to di-" as he spoke, he was interrupted by knocking on his door. He heard it was from the Capitol Police and sighed, completely over the day he was having. He went to open the door for the police.

"I'm doing okay, officers. Everything is fine on this front."
Die nasty!!111

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:04 pm

Jovuistan wrote:
Sanabel wrote:“What will your campaign slogan be? What is your message? Tell me more.”

"So, I was thinking for a campaign slogan I could go for something like "Keep America Great" - something that shows I'm a candidate for continuing your policies. Maybe something along the lines of "Never Going Back" is possible, but I much prefer the first choice. As for message, I obviously want to campaign on the platform of maintaining the policies and accomplishments of your presidency. I want to drain the swamp for good and finish the job on things that you, unfortunately, haven't had the chance to complete. I'll finish building the wall. I'll repeal and replace Bahariacare. I'll even go further with new policies, such as some of the paid family leave proposals Lil came up with, which I think will help expand our base to more women. We can't let the socialist Democrats undo all of the progress we've made, and I will be the one to beat them badly and protect our country."

Agarntrop wrote:Anderson has read Slater's deleted tweet, and he sounds LIVID. "What the FUCK, Richard? Do you want to kill of the Prendergast movement by dividing it so much? You do realise I read your tweet? What the heck?"

"Oh, god." Slater groaned, not wanting to deal with this right now. "Look, there was an incident with Michelle. I don't want to talk about it right now. I'm not intending to di-" as he spoke, he was interrupted by knocking on his door. He heard it was from the Capitol Police and sighed, completely over the day he was having. He went to open the door for the police.

"Officers? What officers?"
Left Without Edge

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:05 pm

Jovuistan wrote:
Sanabel wrote:“What will your campaign slogan be? What is your message? Tell me more.”

Agarntrop wrote:Anderson has read Slater's deleted tweet, and he sounds LIVID. "What the FUCK, Richard? Do you want to kill of the Prendergast movement by dividing it so much? You do realise I read your tweet? What the heck?"

Wolf nodded intently. “Right. Good. Right. Right. Well, Arnie, what can I do to help you?”

Jovuistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:14 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Jovuistan wrote:"So, I was thinking for a campaign slogan I could go for something like "Keep America Great" - something that shows I'm a candidate for continuing your policies. Maybe something along the lines of "Never Going Back" is possible, but I much prefer the first choice. As for message, I obviously want to campaign on the platform of maintaining the policies and accomplishments of your presidency. I want to drain the swamp for good and finish the job on things that you, unfortunately, haven't had the chance to complete. I'll finish building the wall. I'll repeal and replace Bahariacare. I'll even go further with new policies, such as some of the paid family leave proposals Lil came up with, which I think will help expand our base to more women. We can't let the socialist Democrats undo all of the progress we've made, and I will be the one to beat them badly and protect our country."

Wolf nodded intently. “Right. Good. Right. Right. Well, Arnie, what can I do to help you?”

He thought for a moment. "Well, an endorsement would be great, of course. I know you have your work to do and everything, but it'd be good to have you on the campaign trail at a few points during the primaries, at least if you're willing to."
Die nasty!!111

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse