NATION

PASSWORD

The Land Of The Free: An American Political Roleplay (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10631
Founded: Sep 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:56 pm

Image


Former Governor John Nathan Lynskey
75 State Street, Boston, Massachusetts
Monday 22nd April, 2019


The office space was hired. Meetings were held. Old friends were brought in. Contacts called up. In all honesty, John had been kicking himself for the past three years. WInthrop had seemed like the future of the Democratic Party - bright, intelligent, with an eye on the future. What had happened afterwards had radically changed his viewpoint, and made him realize what a mistake it had been to throw his weight and popularity behind her. The vote on Moore's healthcare bill was certainly leaning him towards challenging her, but it was her rally in Connecticut, threatening to have a Senate colleague deposed in a brazen act of political warfare was too much. John had worked with Ted Kennedy in the 80s and 90s. He'd seen how that sort of factionalism destroyed the Republicans. He'd seen how far-reaching idealism had given way to pragmatism, not sacrificing principles, but acknowledging the slow climb it would take to reach the promised land.

Pragmatism and progressivism were not enemies.That much was a core principle to him, and it was what attracted him to candidates like Jillian Dayton and Mike Veléz - they weren't afraid of wearing their hearts on their sleeves but they didn't fight with them, they had teeth. Those qualities were qualities he valued. He believed he shared those qualities, and so it was for that reason he held this summit. He'd hired the office space, he'd quit his consultancy with Dell, it was on. If anyone had a chance of taking down Abby Winthrop, it was him.

They talked about the kind of campaign he was going to run, and began to make preparations for his announcement. They got onto the phone with graphic designers. They dressed up the literature. Quietly bought up the website. Slowly, piece by piece, the infrastructure was built. Perhaps if people who watched these things kept their fingers on the pulse, the rumour that the Governor was coming out of retirement to challenge Winthrop for the Senate would bubble into the public domain. And if anyone from the press asked, his reply was simple:

"Watch this space."
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

User avatar
Jovuistan
Senator
 
Posts: 4945
Founded: May 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:58 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Puertollano wrote:
"Fair enough. I'll let you go and impress the big man," Lily said moving out of his road.

“Hello Arnie,” President Wolf said with an ear to ear smile, “It’s wonderful to have you here. I mean great. It’s great. Welcome.”

Arnold Jr. grinned. "It's great to see you again, dad. How's the job been for you today?"

Meelducan wrote:
Capitol Hill, Washington D.C

The room that Senator Slator banged the door on was quiet, however, some mumbling could be heard before Senator Brown came to the door. Her hair was slightly ruffled and she was wearing one heel. She was red-faced.

"Ummm, yes Senator, I'm fine now. W-w-why do you ask? I was uhhh- I was nothing."

Slater breathed a sigh of relief. "Good, you're not de- wait. What are you doing? What the fuck was that tweet?"
Die nasty!!111

User avatar
Meelducan
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8361
Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Meelducan » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:08 pm

Capitol Hill, Washington D.C

"I was uh-I was doing nothing and what do you mean tweet? I haven't been on twitter all day, I'm not a big tweeter." She said still looking red.
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

User avatar
Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 22392
Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:08 pm

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:
Dentali wrote:"Westra's rhetoric currently isn't him at heart, he is far more a pragmatist then he lets on... he would agree but it wouldn't sway Murphy. Murphy is nothing of the sort, he will need to think its his own idea for him to agree to it, the Progressives... you can't make a deal with them like that. They accept no compromise."

"What I can recommend is that we rally together the battleground house members, get them to state their concerns about the safety of their seats if a democratic socialist leads the ticket. They have a powerful collective voice right now, electability is the biggest issue in the primary and they know what is electable."


"I can get that done without too much difficulty, and whilst that'll serve to help wound Murphy in the overall primary, I'm still concerned it won't shut down the broader political operation at work here."


“We need a sensible party leader, right now that’s technically me but I don’t have the heft of a presidential candidate. What we really need to do is bolster our defenses, make the vulnerable areas unassailable and get our unions on board... Murphy’s Medicare for all gets rid of union plans, we could use that privately with key unions.”
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

User avatar
Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10631
Founded: Sep 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:10 pm

Dentali wrote:"We need a sensible party leader, right now that’s technically me but I don’t have the heft of a presidential candidate. What we really need to do is bolster our defenses, make the vulnerable areas unassailable and get our unions on board... Murphy’s Medicare for all gets rid of union plans, we could use that privately with key unions.”


"He'll have trouble with Culinary when it comes to Nevada, that much is for sure. Veléz and Dayton are good solid candidates with a finger on the pulse but not consumed by ideology. Westra's been nuanced on healthcare too." She stroked her chin. "Have you given any thought for going after Westra's seat?"
Last edited by Gordano and Lysandus on Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

User avatar
Jovuistan
Senator
 
Posts: 4945
Founded: May 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:12 pm

Meelducan wrote:
Capitol Hill, Washington D.C

"I was uh-I was doing nothing and what do you mean tweet? I haven't been on twitter all day, I'm not a big tweeter." She said still looking red.

"I..." he pondered his next move for a moment. "Do you think I'm a dumbass? What are you doing? Why is your face so red? Did Wyoming elect a fuckin' cherry to Congress?" He put a hand out to signal to Brown not to move as he pulled out his phone. "Explain this!" He showed her the tweet in question.
Die nasty!!111

User avatar
Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 22392
Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:13 pm

Alozia wrote:
Dentali wrote:

"Mr. Vice President thank you for seeing me" Richardson gave a firm handshake to the VP "I was in the neighborhood and just wanted to check in on you. The last time we spoke things were emotionally fraut, so soon after the president's cancer diagnosis. I just wanted to speak with you and clear the air a little more, check in with you on your thoughts about the race."


Richard simply nodded before guiding Richardson to the gardens. "Last time we spoke was in... February? I thought that this time we could speak here, considering that the weather has gotten better."



“This is beautiful” Richardson said earnestly “I admit I’m apprehensive about running for President because Carolina is so beautiful... but this is impressive.” Richardson takes his time examining the area “I’m mainly here because I was hoping you might reconsider your position on joining my administration, obviously getting ahead of myself but should I win the election I would like you to be involved. I understand you don’t want to be Vice President again... but maybe Secretary of State, or even a part time advisory role... whatever you’d be comfortable with. Or even if you go back into congress... point being I want your voice and your mind advising me and helping with policy.”
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

User avatar
Sanabel
Post Czar
 
Posts: 35696
Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:16 pm

Jovuistan wrote:
Sanabel wrote:“Hello Arnie,” President Wolf said with an ear to ear smile, “It’s wonderful to have you here. I mean great. It’s great. Welcome.”

Arnold Jr. grinned. "It's great to see you again, dad. How's the job been for you today?"

Meelducan wrote:
Capitol Hill, Washington D.C

The room that Senator Slator banged the door on was quiet, however, some mumbling could be heard before Senator Brown came to the door. Her hair was slightly ruffled and she was wearing one heel. She was red-faced.

"Ummm, yes Senator, I'm fine now. W-w-why do you ask? I was uhhh- I was nothing."

Slater breathed a sigh of relief. "Good, you're not de- wait. What are you doing? What the fuck was that tweet?"

“I’m good. I’m good. Tee time in thirty minutes. Treatment after. Trying to squeeze in golf before treatment. Before because I won’t want to after.”
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP


I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

User avatar
Meelducan
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8361
Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Meelducan » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:22 pm

Capitol Hill, Washington D.C

"What did you just say to me, Senator?" Michelle said before slapping Slater's phone out of his hand, sending it skidding across the hallway.

"If you must know, I tripped on some loose carpet. You happy now!?" Michelle said before bursting out into tears and closing the door.
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

User avatar
Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 22392
Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:22 pm

Greater Arab State wrote:
Dentali wrote:
"Please call me Nate" Richardson said sitting down "Leader Volker I just wanted to check to see how you felt about the race so far, if you are in line with where I am or if you think I should change things around. I respect and value your counsel and would very much like your advice."


Tom briefly considered what Nate had said before answering.

“Well, I don’t particularly consider myself the right person to ask on that issue, Nate. Although, it might benefit if you put some slight focus on foreign policy.”


“I think you are” Richardson said “you are in the top 3 or 4 most powerful people in the party and you lead us in the house which is the most in tune with the electorate. I will focus more on foreign policy certainly, but I think you’re opinion on how the party feels about my candidacy is encouraging to the rest of the party. Like I said I want to make you the speaker, put us in majority.”
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

User avatar
Jovuistan
Senator
 
Posts: 4945
Founded: May 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:32 pm

Sanabel wrote:“I’m good. I’m good. Tee time in thirty minutes. Treatment after. Trying to squeeze in golf before treatment. Before because I won’t want to after.”

"That's good to hear..." Arnold Jr. trailed off for a minute, obviously reflecting on the situation. "So, you might know why I'm here. Basically, I plan on running for President. To be honest, I don't think any of the candidates running are either a true member of the Wolf Pack or don't have the credentials to back them up. Prendergast is okay, but I don't think he's in a good spot to win the primary. I don't want someone not all the way in on your movement to be the nominee, so I'm willing to take up the baton to make sure your legacy lives on."
Meelducan wrote:
Capitol Hill, Washington D.C

"What did you just say to me, Senator?" Michelle said before slapping Slater's phone out of his hand, sending it skidding across the hallway.

"If you must know, I tripped on some loose carpet. You happy now!?" Michelle said before bursting out into tears and closing the door.

Slater stood there in shock, watching as his phone flew across the hall. He had no time to address Senator Brown before the door was slammed in his face. He quickly ran over to pick up his phone. When he did, he noticed something horrifying.

"Oh my god!" Slater shouted. "That bitch! She broke my fucking phone!" He tucked away his shattered phone. He growled in anger as he thought over what was happening. In a fit of rage, he violently punched hard at Brown's office door. It left a dent and quite the noise, but it also hurt like hell. Slater inhaled sharply as he tried to fight off the immediate pain, shaking off his hand as he stomped off.
Die nasty!!111

User avatar
Sanabel
Post Czar
 
Posts: 35696
Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:37 pm

Jovuistan wrote:
Sanabel wrote:“I’m good. I’m good. Tee time in thirty minutes. Treatment after. Trying to squeeze in golf before treatment. Before because I won’t want to after.”

"That's good to hear..." Arnold Jr. trailed off for a minute, obviously reflecting on the situation. "So, you might know why I'm here. Basically, I plan on running for President. To be honest, I don't think any of the candidates running are either a true member of the Wolf Pack or don't have the credentials to back them up. Prendergast is okay, but I don't think he's in a good spot to win the primary. I don't want someone not all the way in on your movement to be the nominee, so I'm willing to take up the baton to make sure your legacy lives on."
Meelducan wrote:
Capitol Hill, Washington D.C

"What did you just say to me, Senator?" Michelle said before slapping Slater's phone out of his hand, sending it skidding across the hallway.

"If you must know, I tripped on some loose carpet. You happy now!?" Michelle said before bursting out into tears and closing the door.

Slater stood there in shock, watching as his phone flew across the hall. He had no time to address Senator Brown before the door was slammed in his face. He quickly ran over to pick up his phone. When he did, he noticed something horrifying.

"Oh my god!" Slater shouted. "That bitch! She broke my fucking phone!" He tucked away his shattered phone. He growled in anger as he thought over what was happening. In a fit of rage, he violently punched hard at Brown's office door. It left a dent and quite the noise, but it also hurt like hell. Slater inhaled sharply as he tried to fight off the immediate pain, shaking off his hand as he stomped off.

Wolf nodded. “You’d make a great President, Arnie. A great one. I don’t know though. I don’t know. It’s hard. What does your sister think? You’d be a great President Arnie, I just don’t know. I haven’t endorsed yet. I wish I could endorse myself. What does your sister think?”
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP


I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

User avatar
Jovuistan
Senator
 
Posts: 4945
Founded: May 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:40 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Jovuistan wrote:"That's good to hear..." Arnold Jr. trailed off for a minute, obviously reflecting on the situation. "So, you might know why I'm here. Basically, I plan on running for President. To be honest, I don't think any of the candidates running are either a true member of the Wolf Pack or don't have the credentials to back them up. Prendergast is okay, but I don't think he's in a good spot to win the primary. I don't want someone not all the way in on your movement to be the nominee, so I'm willing to take up the baton to make sure your legacy lives on."

Slater stood there in shock, watching as his phone flew across the hall. He had no time to address Senator Brown before the door was slammed in his face. He quickly ran over to pick up his phone. When he did, he noticed something horrifying.

"Oh my god!" Slater shouted. "That bitch! She broke my fucking phone!" He tucked away his shattered phone. He growled in anger as he thought over what was happening. In a fit of rage, he violently punched hard at Brown's office door. It left a dent and quite the noise, but it also hurt like hell. Slater inhaled sharply as he tried to fight off the immediate pain, shaking off his hand as he stomped off.

Wolf nodded. “You’d make a great President, Arnie. A great one. I don’t know though. I don’t know. It’s hard. What does your sister think? You’d be a great President Arnie, I just don’t know. I haven’t endorsed yet. I wish I could endorse myself. What does your sister think?”

"I spoke with Lilyana just outside a second ago. She says she's fully supportive of my prospective candidacy, and she's open to taking over the Wolf PAC once I announce."
Die nasty!!111

User avatar
The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12838
Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:41 pm

Jovuistan wrote:
Sanabel wrote:“I’m good. I’m good. Tee time in thirty minutes. Treatment after. Trying to squeeze in golf before treatment. Before because I won’t want to after.”

"That's good to hear..." Arnold Jr. trailed off for a minute, obviously reflecting on the situation. "So, you might know why I'm here. Basically, I plan on running for President. To be honest, I don't think any of the candidates running are either a true member of the Wolf Pack or don't have the credentials to back them up. Prendergast is okay, but I don't think he's in a good spot to win the primary. I don't want someone not all the way in on your movement to be the nominee, so I'm willing to take up the baton to make sure your legacy lives on."
Meelducan wrote:
Capitol Hill, Washington D.C

"What did you just say to me, Senator?" Michelle said before slapping Slater's phone out of his hand, sending it skidding across the hallway.

"If you must know, I tripped on some loose carpet. You happy now!?" Michelle said before bursting out into tears and closing the door.

Slater stood there in shock, watching as his phone flew across the hall. He had no time to address Senator Brown before the door was slammed in his face. He quickly ran over to pick up his phone. When he did, he noticed something horrifying.

"Oh my god!" Slater shouted. "That bitch! She broke my fucking phone!" He tucked away his shattered phone. He growled in anger as he thought over what was happening. In a fit of rage, he violently punched hard at Brown's office door. It left a dent and quite the noise, but it also hurt like hell. Slater inhaled sharply as he tried to fight off the immediate pain, shaking off his hand as he stomped off.

Goldman was in the nearby office, reading up on PAPA and PADA, the latest bills on the docket, to see if she would cosponsor them. She then sent an email to Frank Doyle:

To: Senator Frank Doyle
From: Senator Erika Goldman

Senator Doyle,

I wish to be added as a cosponsor to the PADA bill. Thank you.

Signed,

Erika Goldman
Senator of Connecticut


After pressing send and relaxing a bit, she heard the noise and went out into the hall to investigate

"What the hell is going on here?" She exclaimed, rather confused by the situation. "Is this about Senator Brown's spaghetti tweet?"
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

User avatar
Agarntrop
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9845
Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:45 pm

Senator Anderson's chief of staff, Carol Clarke, who had been doing his job temporarily in many respects whilst he was on his midwestern tour and was in his office, heard a loud bang and ran out her room.

"Jesus fucking christ what was that?"

She ran to the source of commotion, seeing Senators Goldman and Slater, before exclaiming

"What the hell?!"
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

User avatar
Sanabel
Post Czar
 
Posts: 35696
Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:46 pm

Jovuistan wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Wolf nodded. “You’d make a great President, Arnie. A great one. I don’t know though. I don’t know. It’s hard. What does your sister think? You’d be a great President Arnie, I just don’t know. I haven’t endorsed yet. I wish I could endorse myself. What does your sister think?”

"I spoke with Lilyana just outside a second ago. She says she's fully supportive of my prospective candidacy, and she's open to taking over the Wolf PAC once I announce."

Wolf frowned. “I thought she was going to become RNC Chair?”
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP


I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

User avatar
The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12838
Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:47 pm

Agarntrop wrote:Senator Anderson's chief of staff, Carol Clarke, who had been doing his job temporarily in many respects whilst he was on his midwestern tour and was in his office, heard a loud bang and ran out her room.

"Jesus fucking christ what was that?"

She ran to the source of commotion, seeing Senators Goldman and Slater, before exclaiming

"What the hell?!"

"Well that's the question we're all asking. Well, that's the one I'm asking. I see a broken phone, a dented door and angry stomping, so I've made some assumptions already."
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

User avatar
Jovuistan
Senator
 
Posts: 4945
Founded: May 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:48 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Jovuistan wrote:"That's good to hear..." Arnold Jr. trailed off for a minute, obviously reflecting on the situation. "So, you might know why I'm here. Basically, I plan on running for President. To be honest, I don't think any of the candidates running are either a true member of the Wolf Pack or don't have the credentials to back them up. Prendergast is okay, but I don't think he's in a good spot to win the primary. I don't want someone not all the way in on your movement to be the nominee, so I'm willing to take up the baton to make sure your legacy lives on."

Slater stood there in shock, watching as his phone flew across the hall. He had no time to address Senator Brown before the door was slammed in his face. He quickly ran over to pick up his phone. When he did, he noticed something horrifying.

"Oh my god!" Slater shouted. "That bitch! She broke my fucking phone!" He tucked away his shattered phone. He growled in anger as he thought over what was happening. In a fit of rage, he violently punched hard at Brown's office door. It left a dent and quite the noise, but it also hurt like hell. Slater inhaled sharply as he tried to fight off the immediate pain, shaking off his hand as he stomped off.

Goldman was in the nearby office, reading up on PAPA and PADA, the latest bills on the docket, to see if she would cosponsor them. She then sent an email to Frank Doyle:

To: Senator Frank Doyle
From: Senator Erika Goldman

Senator Doyle,

I wish to be added as a cosponsor to the PADA bill. Thank you.

Signed,

Erika Goldman
Senator of Connecticut


After pressing send and relaxing a bit, she heard the noise and went out into the hall to investigate

"What the hell is going on here?" She exclaimed, rather confused by the situation. "Is this about Senator Brown's spaghetti tweet?"

"YES!" Slater screamed, turning to Goldman with his teeth out, hissing in anger at Goldman. He turned back around and waves his hand, giving an upset sigh as he tried to walk off.

Agarntrop wrote:Senator Anderson's chief of staff, Carol Clarke, who had been doing his job temporarily in many respects whilst he was on his midwestern tour and was in his office, heard a loud bang and ran out her room.

"Jesus fucking christ what was that?"

She ran to the source of commotion, seeing Senators Goldman and Slater, before exclaiming

"What the hell?!"

"Okay, you, just get back in your motherfucking cave. Don't mind me." Slater didn't even bother looking at who he was talking to as he picked up the pace.
Last edited by Jovuistan on Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Die nasty!!111

User avatar
Agarntrop
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9845
Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:49 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Agarntrop wrote:Senator Anderson's chief of staff, Carol Clarke, who had been doing his job temporarily in many respects whilst he was on his midwestern tour and was in his office, heard a loud bang and ran out her room.

"Jesus fucking christ what was that?"

She ran to the source of commotion, seeing Senators Goldman and Slater, before exclaiming

"What the hell?!"

"Well that's the question we're all asking. Well, that's the one I'm asking. I see a broken phone, a dented door and angry stomping, so I've made some assumptions already."

Carol walked over to the door and inspected it, seeing Michelle's dented name.

She knocked frantically,

"Michelle! Are you in there?"
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

User avatar
Jovuistan
Senator
 
Posts: 4945
Founded: May 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:51 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Jovuistan wrote:"I spoke with Lilyana just outside a second ago. She says she's fully supportive of my prospective candidacy, and she's open to taking over the Wolf PAC once I announce."

Wolf frowned. “I thought she was going to become RNC Chair?”

Arnold Jr. frowned a bit as well. "Well, that's what she told me. Maybe she changed her mind at some point."
Die nasty!!111

User avatar
The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12838
Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:51 pm

Jovuistan wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Goldman was in the nearby office, reading up on PAPA and PADA, the latest bills on the docket, to see if she would cosponsor them. She then sent an email to Frank Doyle:

To: Senator Frank Doyle
From: Senator Erika Goldman

Senator Doyle,

I wish to be added as a cosponsor to the PADA bill. Thank you.

Signed,

Erika Goldman
Senator of Connecticut


After pressing send and relaxing a bit, she heard the noise and went out into the hall to investigate

"What the hell is going on here?" She exclaimed, rather confused by the situation. "Is this about Senator Brown's spaghetti tweet?"

"YES!" Slater screamed, turning to Goldman with his teeth out, hissing in anger at Goldman. He turned back around and waves his hand, giving an upset sigh as he tried to walk off.

Agarntrop wrote:Senator Anderson's chief of staff, Carol Clarke, who had been doing his job temporarily in many respects whilst he was on his midwestern tour and was in his office, heard a loud bang and ran out her room.

"Jesus fucking christ what was that?"

She ran to the source of commotion, seeing Senators Goldman and Slater, before exclaiming

"What the hell?!"

"Okay, you, just get back in your motherfucking cave. Don't mind me." Slater didn't even bother looking at who he was talking to as he picked up the pace.


"Yeah...I think I know what it is, and I'm not even going to comment. I wonder if Doyle or Westra are in their offices..."
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

User avatar
Agarntrop
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9845
Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:53 pm

Jovuistan wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Goldman was in the nearby office, reading up on PAPA and PADA, the latest bills on the docket, to see if she would cosponsor them. She then sent an email to Frank Doyle:

To: Senator Frank Doyle
From: Senator Erika Goldman

Senator Doyle,

I wish to be added as a cosponsor to the PADA bill. Thank you.

Signed,

Erika Goldman
Senator of Connecticut


After pressing send and relaxing a bit, she heard the noise and went out into the hall to investigate

"What the hell is going on here?" She exclaimed, rather confused by the situation. "Is this about Senator Brown's spaghetti tweet?"

"YES!" Slater screamed, turning to Goldman with his teeth out, hissing in anger at Goldman. He turned back around and waves his hand, giving an upset sigh as he tried to walk off.

Agarntrop wrote:Senator Anderson's chief of staff, Carol Clarke, who had been doing his job temporarily in many respects whilst he was on his midwestern tour and was in his office, heard a loud bang and ran out her room.

"Jesus fucking christ what was that?"

She ran to the source of commotion, seeing Senators Goldman and Slater, before exclaiming

"What the hell?!"

"Okay, you, just get back in your motherfucking cave. Don't mind me." Slater didn't even bother looking at who he was talking to as he picked up the pace.

"W-what, Richard?"

Carol looked briefly at Slater, then ignored him and continued knocking on Michelle's door, "Hello?! Answer me or I'll call 911."
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

User avatar
The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12838
Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:54 pm

Agarntrop wrote:
Jovuistan wrote:"YES!" Slater screamed, turning to Goldman with his teeth out, hissing in anger at Goldman. He turned back around and waves his hand, giving an upset sigh as he tried to walk off.


"Okay, you, just get back in your motherfucking cave. Don't mind me." Slater didn't even bother looking at who he was talking to as he picked up the pace.

"W-what, Richard?"

Carol looked briefly at Slater, then ignored him and continued knocking on Michelle's door, "Hello?! Answer me or I'll call 911."

"He left his phone here." said Goldman, picking it up.

"Do you want it? If I have it, it'll look like some Watergate-level shit."
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

User avatar
Meelducan
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8361
Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Meelducan » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:55 pm

Capitol Hill, Washington D.C

The door swung open to reveal Michelle with red, slightly puffy eyes and trying to fix her hair.

"I'm here, I'm here." She said shakily. "I think I'm OK. Where's Slater?"
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

User avatar
The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12838
Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:57 pm

Meelducan wrote:
Capitol Hill, Washington D.C

The door swung open to reveal Michelle with red, slightly puffy eyes and trying to fix her hair.

"I'm here, I'm here." She said shakily. "I think I'm OK. Where's Slater?"

"I don't know, but I have his phone. Seriously, one of you needs to take it, and see what's going on."

Goldman offered the phone both to Anderson's chief of staff and to Michelle.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Shacklefold, The Daeva, Zarkenis Ultima

Advertisement

Remove ads