NATION

PASSWORD

[R] British TV thread

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Neu California
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2009
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

[R] British TV thread

Postby Neu California » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:34 pm

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=481402&p=36779624#p36779624

Flaming? Flamebait? Regardless, seems over the line accusing another poster of not having coherent thoughts
"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little"-FDR
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist"-Dom Helder Camara
"When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression"-Unknown
He/him
Aspie and proud
I'm a weak agnostic without atheistic or theistic leanings.
Endless sucker for romantic lesbian stuff

"During my research I interviewed a guy who said he was a libertarian until he did MDMA and realized that other people have feelings, and that was pretty much the best summary of libertarianism I've ever heard"

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ostroeuropa » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:54 am

You're right, this is an unacceptable post. I'll take a warning or ban for it without complaint.
I didn't realize it had been quoted yet.

Being baited is not an excuse for flaming, and it is bait as multiple posters have noted about Gorm for months now. They managed to annoy me at just the right moment to get me to snap, which is ofcourse why they persistently behave that way as multiple posters have noted. That's about the extent of the defense i'll offer for it.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:37 am

Gormwood wrote:Seriously, Ostro sounds like he'd be an ideal Sad Puppy. Griping about how most, if not all stories should be centered around white males.

Possible flamebait.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:01 pm

LiberNovusAmericae wrote:
Gormwood wrote:Seriously, Ostro sounds like he'd be an ideal Sad Puppy. Griping about how most, if not all stories should be centered around white males.

Possible flamebait.

Sad Puppies

Sad Puppies was an unsuccessful[1] right-wing[2] anti-diversity[3] voting campaign intended to influence the outcome of the annual Hugo Awards, the longest-running prize (since 1953) for science fiction or fantasy works.
Last edited by Gormwood on Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:33 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Possible flamebait.

Sad Puppies

Sad Puppies was an unsuccessful[1] right-wing[2] anti-diversity[3] voting campaign intended to influence the outcome of the annual Hugo Awards, the longest-running prize (since 1953) for science fiction or fantasy works.

Alright, sorry my mistake. I thought you meant something else as I never heard of that campaign until now.
Last edited by LiberNovusAmericae on Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Questarian New Yorkshire
Minister

Founded: Nov 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Questarian New Yorkshire » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:34 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Possible flamebait.

Sad Puppies

Hiding the double entendre behind 'well technically' is quite clever, but incredibly transparent, and if you are not punished for it in some way the transparency of this websites administration will be very, very clear (for the 100,000th time, if nobody was watching)
REST IN PEACE RWDT & LWDT
I'm just a poor wayfaring stranger, traveling through this world below
There is no sickness, no toil, nor danger, in that bright land to which I go
I'm going there to see my Father, and all my loved ones who've gone on
I'm only going over Jordan, I'm only going over home

I know dark clouds will gather 'round me, I know my way is hard and steep
But beauteous fields arise before me, where God's redeemed, their vigils keep

Return to Moderation