NATION

PASSWORD

Yohannes' Embassy Exchange Programme

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Bala Mantre
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 153
Founded: Apr 11, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Embassy

Postby Bala Mantre » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:01 pm

Saasd Asad as he was walking toward the very large embassy building sees a woman looking at him through the window. His wooden leg thumping on the concrete as he got closer to the door. Bala Mantre had been doing very well when they called a five year neutrality. All that time building up their military and resources had been wise, he came from the town Kamarsh, the same town as which his many great grandfather King Chasun XVI had lived. He had the looks and ferocity of a Mountainese but a sharp mind and good business skills of a Basinese. The nation was looking for a cheaper exporter from its recent loss of Equestrian Isles as an ally. When he was little he was a nomadic cattle herder. Then when he was old enough he applied to be an officer then in the Deasod War his leg was blown off by a gernade giving his wooden peg today. In his case was indeed deals, stats and reports of how Bala Mantre was doing as a nation. He got to the door and knocked.

User avatar
Yohannes
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13161
Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Re: Embassy Exchange Programme of Yohannes

Postby Yohannes » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:07 pm



Yohannes wrote:
Princess Elisabeth sat observing the newly arrived Bala Matrean ambassador from her office window above Parliament Square. She knew why he was here. Bala Mantre, a country known for its abundance of natural resources and its commodity-based products, had recently offered a formal trade deal. It had recently increased its oil production following its latest five-year policy of armed neutrality, which had the effect of making its oil more affordable for Yohannes to import. Elisabeth pondered on what the ambassador would ask in return for his country’s cheaper commodity exports next year.

She watched him walk towards the main entrance, holding a briefcase—probably full of boring reports, more of the same old government papers—and surrounded by his assistants, looking very confident. She did not know what was going through his mind. In fact, she still did not know much about him at all. Her dossier did not say much about Saasd Asad, except that he was an army general before his appointment as ambassador extraordinary and plenipotentiary.

As soon as she’d turned her attention to her computer monitor to read the Chancellor’s e-mail again, the phone rang.

It rang again, and this time she answered it.

“Madam Chancellor,” Elisabeth said. “Yes, Ambassador Saasd Asad has arrived—my assistant will be with him shortly, to escort him into my office.”

The Chancellor ended the call.

Elisabeth felt nervous, and for some reason, she felt as if she were doing something wrong. Wouldn’t it be better if she was the one escorting the ambassador, down there, herself? She rose from her chair, and then paused. She went across to the large table in the centre of the room and adjusted the chairs, so that they lined up perfectly, with hers at the head of the table.

She paused again.

Heavy footsteps were coming up the stairs.

Hearing a knock on her door, Elisabeth folded her arms behind her back and looked straight ahead.


♕♕♕


Bala Mantre wrote:Saasd Asad as he was walking toward the very large embassy building sees a woman looking at him through the window. His wooden leg thumping on the concrete as he got closer to the door. Bala Mantre had been doing very well when they called a five year neutrality. All that time building up their military and resources had been wise, he came from the town Kamarsh, the same town as which his many great grandfather King Chasun XVI had lived. He had the looks and ferocity of a Mountainese but a sharp mind and good business skills of a Basinese. The nation was looking for a cheaper exporter from its recent loss of Equestrian Isles as an ally. When he was little he was a nomadic cattle herder. Then when he was old enough he applied to be an officer then in the Deasod War his leg was blown off by a gernade giving his wooden peg today. In his case was indeed deals, stats and reports of how Bala Mantre was doing as a nation. He got to the door and knocked.


Elisabeth said, “The door is unlocked, sir—please come in.”

User avatar
Bala Mantre
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 153
Founded: Apr 11, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bala Mantre » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:13 pm

Yohannes wrote:

Yohannes wrote:
Princess Elisabeth sat observing the newly arrived Bala Matrean ambassador from her office window above Parliament Square. She knew why he was here. Bala Mantre, a country known for its abundance of natural resources and its commodity-based products, had recently offered a formal trade deal. It had recently increased its oil production following its latest five-year policy of armed neutrality, which had the effect of making its oil more affordable for Yohannes to import. Elisabeth pondered on what the ambassador would ask in return for his country’s cheaper commodity exports next year.

She watched him walk towards the main entrance, holding a briefcase—probably full of boring reports, more of the same old government papers—and surrounded by his assistants, looking very confident. She did not know what was going through his mind. In fact, she still did not know much about him at all. Her dossier did not say much about Saasd Asad, except that he was an army general before his appointment as ambassador extraordinary and plenipotentiary.

As soon as she’d turned her attention to her computer monitor to read the Chancellor’s e-mail again, the phone rang.

It rang again, and this time she answered it.

“Madam Chancellor,” Elisabeth said. “Yes, Ambassador Saasd Asad has arrived—my assistant will be with him shortly, to escort him into my office.”

The Chancellor ended the call.

Elisabeth felt nervous, and for some reason, she felt as if she were doing something wrong. Wouldn’t it be better if she was the one escorting the ambassador, down there, herself? She rose from her chair, and then paused. She went across to the large table in the centre of the room and adjusted the chairs, so that they lined up perfectly, with hers at the head of the table.

She paused again.

Heavy footsteps were coming up the stairs.

Hearing a knock on her door, Elisabeth folded her arms behind her back and looked straight ahead.


♕♕♕


Bala Mantre wrote:Saasd Asad as he was walking toward the very large embassy building sees a woman looking at him through the window. His wooden leg thumping on the concrete as he got closer to the door. Bala Mantre had been doing very well when they called a five year neutrality. All that time building up their military and resources had been wise, he came from the town Kamarsh, the same town as which his many great grandfather King Chasun XVI had lived. He had the looks and ferocity of a Mountainese but a sharp mind and good business skills of a Basinese. The nation was looking for a cheaper exporter from its recent loss of Equestrian Isles as an ally. When he was little he was a nomadic cattle herder. Then when he was old enough he applied to be an officer then in the Deasod War his leg was blown off by a gernade giving his wooden peg today. In his case was indeed deals, stats and reports of how Bala Mantre was doing as a nation. He got to the door and knocked.


Elisabeth said, “The door is unlocked, sir—please come in.”

Saasd Asad enter the room and nods his hello to Elisa. "Hi there," He says in his rich deep Mountainese accent.

User avatar
Yohannes
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13161
Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Re: Bala Mantre

Postby Yohannes » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:15 pm

Bala Mantre wrote:Saasd Asad enter the room and nods his hello to Elisa. "Hi there," He says in his rich deep Mountainese accent.


While senior diplomats of the Mantrean Embassy team were entering the room, Elisabeth glanced at her assistant Felix, who looked back at her hopefully. He had probably talked about some of the things that appeared in the Mantrean and Yohannesian online news sites recently, she thought. Both countries’ major newspapers had so far editorialised for the new trade agreement.

“I am honoured by your Excellency’s presence and the friendship of his Mantrean Majesty’s Government,” Elisabeth said as she approached Ambassador Saasd Asad, extending her hand to shake his. “Please tell me—what do you think of the Realm of Yohannes so far?”

User avatar
Bala Mantre
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 153
Founded: Apr 11, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bala Mantre » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:58 am

Yohannes wrote:
Bala Mantre wrote:Saasd Asad enter the room and nods his hello to Elisa. "Hi there," He says in his rich deep Mountainese accent.


While senior diplomats of the Mantrean Embassy team were entering the room, Elisabeth glanced at her assistant Felix, who looked back at her hopefully. He had probably talked about some of the things that appeared in the Mantrean and Yohannesian online news sites recently, she thought. Both countries’ major newspapers had so far editorialised for the new trade agreement.

“I am honoured by your Excellency’s presence and the friendship of his Mantrean Majesty’s Government,” Elisabeth said as she approached Ambassador Saasd Asad, extending her hand to shake his. “Please tell me—what do you think of the Realm of Yohannes so far?”

Saasd looked at Elisabeth and said, "It interests me how much more civil and political rights people have here. Thats what jumped out to me the most."

User avatar
Yohannes
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13161
Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Re: Bala Mantre

Postby Yohannes » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:25 pm



Bala Mantre wrote:Saasd looked at Elisabeth and said, "It interests me how much more civil and political rights people have here. Thats what jumped out to me the most."


Felix looked on with incredulity at the ambassador’s frankness, but Elisabeth showed no surprise. “I very much admire your Excellency’s honesty about your country’s political realities,” she replied with the hint of a smile. She could see that Saasd was an open man, and had come here with the intention of striking a fair and honest bargain, so she went on. “My country is a country that welcomes the goods and services of more than a hundred World Assembly member states out there. Our hard-earned wealth can be found across the seven seas—from Automagfreek to McMasterdonia, Allanea to the Queendom of Yuno, and Dread Lady Nathicana to the State of Monavia.”

Elisabeth picked up a leather folder from the table. “Yohannes welcomes Mantrean merchandise exports, labour and materials, to help maintain its long-term two-ocean Navy, two-power standard programme.” Then, she turned her back and walked to the window. She could see many diplomats walking in Parliament Square and its parks outside, to the embassy district and Parliament House, not far away.

After a long pause, Elisabeth concluded, “My country must protect its overseas trade and investment—your Excellency, we need more Mantrean capital equipment, minerals, and oil.”
Last edited by Yohannes on Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Bala Mantre
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 153
Founded: Apr 11, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bala Mantre » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:29 pm

Yohannes wrote:

Bala Mantre wrote:Saasd looked at Elisabeth and said, "It interests me how much more civil and political rights people have here. Thats what jumped out to me the most."


Felix looked on with incredulity at the ambassador’s frankness, but Elisabeth showed no surprise. “I very much admire your Excellency’s honesty about your country’s political realities,” she replied with the hint of a smile. She could see that Saasd was an open man, and had come here with the intention of striking a fair and honest bargain, so she went on. “My country is a country that welcomes the goods and services of more than a hundred World Assembly member states out there. Our hard-earned wealth can be found across the seven seas—from Automagfreek to McMasterdonia, Allanea to the Queendom of Yuno, and Dread Lady Nathicana to the State of Monavia.”

Elisabeth picked up a leather folder from the table. “Yohannes welcomes Mantrean merchandise exports, labour and materials, to help maintain its long-term two-ocean Navy, two-power standard programme.” Then, she turned her back and walked to the window. She could see many diplomats walking in Parliament Square and its parks outside, to the embassy district and Parliament House, not far away.

After a long pause, Elisabeth concluded, “My country must protect its overseas trade and investment—your Excellency, we need more Mantrean capital equipment, minerals, and oil.”

"Well considers on what we get in return. I understand that your trade must protect your stocks and trade but for that there Im guessing is something in return." Saasd then puts a hand on Elis' shoulder and says, "I know it will be a fair deal. I trust that of you; something hard to find in Bala Mantre sometimes."

User avatar
Yohannes
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13161
Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Re: Bala Mantre

Postby Yohannes » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:24 pm



Bala Mantre wrote:Saasd then puts a hand on Elis' shoulder and says, "I know it will be a fair deal. I trust that of you; something hard to find in Bala Mantre sometimes."


Elisabeth smiled. “People from a very well-known stratocracy in 2010 used to say, ‘A Yohannesian always pays her debts.’”

She made her way to the table and opened her folder. Felix walked to his seat to minute the meeting. “Your Excellency,” Elisabeth said, still smiling. “Please have a seat and make yourself comfortable—now, what does Bala Mantre want from Yohannes?”

User avatar
Bala Mantre
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 153
Founded: Apr 11, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bala Mantre » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:46 pm

Yohannes wrote:

Bala Mantre wrote:Saasd then puts a hand on Elis' shoulder and says, "I know it will be a fair deal. I trust that of you; something hard to find in Bala Mantre sometimes."


Elisabeth smiled. “People from a very well-known stratocracy in 2010 used to say, ‘A Yohannesian always pays her debts.’”

She made her way to the table and opened her folder. Felix walked to his seat to minute the meeting. “Your Excellency,” Elisabeth said, still smiling. “Please have a seat and make yourself comfortable—now, what does Bala Mantre want from Yohannes?”

Saasd coughs then turns his head and he says, "One of the asks is that we get war prisoners from you. And promising to let my slaves come with me. Along with some light trading. The second option is that we would like some workers. A lot of workers because of our recent projects.

User avatar
Yohannes
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13161
Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Re: Bala Mantre

Postby Yohannes » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:48 pm

Bala Mantre wrote:Saasd coughs then turns his head and he says, "One of the asks is that we get war prisoners from you. And promising to let my slaves come with me. Along with some light trading. The second option is that we would like some workers. A lot of workers because of our recent projects.


Felix dropped his pen.

Elisabeth ignored him. She knew that this was just the kind of thing a diplomat from countries like Bala Mantre would say. The Mantrean Holy Empire had long been considered a highly militarised police state. Chancellor Annabelle Thorndon-Stevensonn had already warned her that Bala Mantre was a slave state, opened to slavery by social and economic necessities, which called for some sort of bound, forced labour, not unlike the Confederate States of America. Elisabeth had learned this was not unusual—the Scandinvans in Gholgoth was also a slave state, and so were at least ten other countries the Chancellor had told her about over the past weeks.

Elisabeth pondered. She disliked slave states, but she knew that slavery had always been a sensitive subject in Yohannesian diplomacy. She remembered her father had once said, ‘A senior Yohannesian diplomat must not—ideally, at least—challenge other foreign diplomats on the treatment of people in their own countries.’ Looking at Felix, somewhat irritably, Elisabeth said, “My apologies your Excellency, my assistant meant no offence. I’m sure you already know that Yohannes is not a slave state.”

She hesitated. “We do, however, engage in trade relations with major slave states. Tell me, sir, have you ever heard of the Scandinvans in the region of Gholgoth?”
Last edited by Yohannes on Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Bala Mantre
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 153
Founded: Apr 11, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bala Mantre » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:03 am

Yohannes wrote:
Bala Mantre wrote:Saasd coughs then turns his head and he says, "One of the asks is that we get war prisoners from you. And promising to let my slaves come with me. Along with some light trading. The second option is that we would like some workers. A lot of workers because of our recent projects.


Felix dropped his pen.

Elisabeth ignored him. She knew that this was just the kind of thing a diplomat from countries like Bala Mantre would say. The Mantrean Holy Empire had long been considered a highly militarised police state. Chancellor Annabelle Thorndon-Stevensonn had already warned her that Bala Mantre was a slave state, opened to slavery by social and economic necessities, which called for some sort of bound, forced labour, not unlike the Confederate States of America. Elisabeth had learned this was not unusual—the Scandinvans in Gholgoth was also a slave state, and so were at least ten other countries the Chancellor had told her about over the past weeks.

Elisabeth pondered. She disliked slave states, but she knew that slavery had always been a sensitive subject in Yohannesian diplomacy. She remembered her father had once said, ‘A senior Yohannesian diplomat must not—ideally, at least—challenge other foreign diplomats on the treatment of people in their own countries.’ Looking at Felix, somewhat irritably, Elisabeth said, “My apologies your Excellency, my assistant meant no offence. I’m sure you already know that Yohannes is not a slave state.”

She hesitated. “We do, however, engage in trade relations with major slave states. Tell me, sir, have you ever heard of the Scandinvans in the region of Gholgoth?”

"I have but I did hear that the workers from your nation are supreme." Saasd looked out the window and then said,"If you have another thing you'd rather deal with thats okay."

User avatar
Yohannes
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13161
Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Re: Embassy Exchange Programme of Yohannes

Postby Yohannes » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:53 am



-+-PUNCH CORPORATION ALL RIGHTS RESERVED-+-Image

Image
Speaker Parliament House
@SpeakerRyan
Wrote a shout out just a while ago:



“To the Members and Elected Collegians of the Realm in this present Parliament assembled, I am pleased to welcome the new ambassador of Bala Mantre His Excellency Mr Saasd Asad. I have received the letter of credence appointing His Excellency as Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Holy Empire of Bala Mantre to the Realm of Yohannes.”

“We are proud to table the Amity and Friendship Between Bala Mantre and Yohannes Bill this morning. I support the bill because it will provide us with an important legislative framework for future reduction in tariffs with Bala Mantre. The bill will also rationalise our current approach to trade in industrial raw materials with Bala Mantre and its major trade partners in the North Pacific.”

“The Amity and Friendship Between Bala Mantre and Yohannes Bill will reduce existing barriers and limitations on trade and capital for hard-working ‘mum and dad’ business owners from Yohannes and those influential Mantrean commodity exporters already based in Yohannes—that is, this bill is only the beginning of something much bigger for our two-way trade with Bala Mantre.”

@SpeakerRyan to the Realm Parliament.

#MantreaYohannes #NationStates2020


803 Hits
-+-PUNCH CORPORATION ALL RIGHTS RESERVED-+-Image
Last edited by Yohannes on Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Bala Mantre
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 153
Founded: Apr 11, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bala Mantre » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:54 pm

Yohannes wrote:

-+-PUNCH CORPORATION ALL RIGHTS RESERVED-+-(Image)

(Image)
Speaker Parliament House
@SpeakerRyan
Wrote a shout out just a while ago:



“To the Members and Elected Collegians of the Realm in this present Parliament assembled, I am pleased to welcome the new ambassador of Bala Mantre His Excellency Mr Saasd Asad. I have received the letter of credence appointing His Excellency as Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Holy Empire of Bala Mantre to the Realm of Yohannes.”

“We are proud to table the Amity and Friendship Between Bala Mantre and Yohannes Bill this morning. I support the bill because it will provide us with an important legislative framework for future reduction in tariffs with Bala Mantre. The bill will also rationalise our current approach to trade in industrial raw materials with Bala Mantre and its major trade partners in the North Pacific.”

“The Amity and Friendship Between Bala Mantre and Yohannes Bill will reduce existing barriers and limitations on trade and capital for hard-working ‘mum and dad’ business owners from Yohannes and those influential Mantrean commodity exporters already based in Yohannes—that is, this bill is only the beginning of something much bigger for our two-way trade with Bala Mantre.”

@SpeakerRyan to the Realm Parliament.

#MantreaYohannes #NationStates2020


803 Hits
-+-PUNCH CORPORATION ALL RIGHTS RESERVED-+-Image

"We would be happy to be accepted because this is a trail that Bala Mantre will want to travel on. The Council of Hak Li will be happy to say that we accept trade with Yohannes and will be glad to hear from them as well."
-Council member Tae Sasde

User avatar
Yohannes
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13161
Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Re: Bala Mantre

Postby Yohannes » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:21 pm



Yohannes wrote:
Felix dropped his pen.

Elisabeth ignored him. She knew that this was just the kind of thing a diplomat from countries like Bala Mantre would say. The Mantrean Holy Empire had long been considered a highly militarised police state. Chancellor Annabelle Thorndon-Stevensonn had already warned her that Bala Mantre was a slave state, opened to slavery by social and economic necessities, which called for some sort of bound, forced labour, not unlike the Confederate States of America. Elisabeth had learned this was not unusual—the Scandinvans in Gholgoth was also a slave state, and so were at least ten other countries the Chancellor had told her about over the past weeks.

Elisabeth pondered. She disliked slave states, but she knew that slavery had always been a sensitive subject in Yohannesian diplomacy. She remembered her father had once said, ‘A senior Yohannesian diplomat must not—ideally, at least—challenge other foreign diplomats on the treatment of people in their own countries.’ Looking at Felix, somewhat irritably, Elisabeth said, “My apologies your Excellency, my assistant meant no offence. I’m sure you already know that Yohannes is not a slave state.”

She hesitated. “We do, however, engage in trade relations with major slave states. Tell me, sir, have you ever heard of the Scandinvans in the region of Gholgoth?”


♕♕♕


Bala Mantre wrote:"I have but I did hear that the workers from your nation are supreme." Saasd looked out the window and then said,"If you have another thing you'd rather deal with thats okay."


♕♕♕

“You are too kind, sir,” Elisabeth said immediately. “The Scandinvans is a long-established slave state in Gholgoth—they are currently at war with the Second Empire of the Golden Throne. The Christian Democratic Government practiced a policy of pragmatic neutrality vis-à-vis the War in Gholgoth.”

“Our Ambassador at the World Assembly submitted the successful World Assembly proposal ‘Commend The Macabees’ to the Security Council Commendation Board.” Elisabeth looked at Saasd and paused, but finally, she decided to say, “My father said that we also supported the major slave state—our financial enterprises pledged to provide fund for the future reconstruction of the Scandinvans, when necessary, while our shipbuilding companies had supplied some old ships.” Elisabeth smiled. “Rumours, of course.”

She knew Felix would disapprove of what she was about to say. Elisabeth ignored her assistant’s gaze. “I will try to convince the Bank of Yohannes to raise capital on behalf of his Mantrean Majesty’s Government, an arrangement which I hope will be acceptable to your Excellency?”
Last edited by Yohannes on Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Bala Mantre
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 153
Founded: Apr 11, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bala Mantre » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:34 pm

Yohannes wrote:

Yohannes wrote:
Felix dropped his pen.

Elisabeth ignored him. She knew that this was just the kind of thing a diplomat from countries like Bala Mantre would say. The Mantrean Holy Empire had long been considered a highly militarised police state. Chancellor Annabelle Thorndon-Stevensonn had already warned her that Bala Mantre was a slave state, opened to slavery by social and economic necessities, which called for some sort of bound, forced labour, not unlike the Confederate States of America. Elisabeth had learned this was not unusual—the Scandinvans in Gholgoth was also a slave state, and so were at least ten other countries the Chancellor had told her about over the past weeks.

Elisabeth pondered. She disliked slave states, but she knew that slavery had always been a sensitive subject in Yohannesian diplomacy. She remembered her father had once said, ‘A senior Yohannesian diplomat must not—ideally, at least—challenge other foreign diplomats on the treatment of people in their own countries.’ Looking at Felix, somewhat irritably, Elisabeth said, “My apologies your Excellency, my assistant meant no offence. I’m sure you already know that Yohannes is not a slave state.”

She hesitated. “We do, however, engage in trade relations with major slave states. Tell me, sir, have you ever heard of the Scandinvans in the region of Gholgoth?”


♕♕♕


Bala Mantre wrote:"I have but I did hear that the workers from your nation are supreme." Saasd looked out the window and then said,"If you have another thing you'd rather deal with thats okay."


♕♕♕

“You are too kind, sir,” Elisabeth said immediately. “The Scandinvans is a long-established slave state in Gholgoth—they are currently at war with the Second Empire of the Golden Throne. The Christian Democratic Government practiced a policy of pragmatic neutrality vis-à-vis the War in Gholgoth.”

“Our Ambassador at the World Assembly submitted the successful World Assembly proposal ‘Commend The Macabees’ to the Security Council Commendation Board.” She looked at Saasd and paused, but finally, she decided to say, “My father said that we also supported the major slave state—our financial enterprises pledged to provide fund for the future reconstruction of the Scandinvans, when necessary, while our shipbuilding companies had supplied some old ships.” Elisabeth smiled. “Rumours, of course.”

She knew Felix would disapprove of what she was about to say. Elisabeth ignored her assistant’s gaze. “I will try to convince the Bank of Yohannes to raise capital on behalf of his Mantrean Majesty’s Government, an arrangement which I hope will be acceptable to your Excellency?”

Saasd upon hearing this gave a noticeable smile to the discomfort of Felix and then said, "That would be a full yes to that."
He then smiled and continued, "Back during Bala Mantre's Winter and Fall Era (3210 BCE-570 AD) we used to when we conquered nations enslave half the population and give land to the other half." Saasd then puts out his hand and says, "Pleasure doing buisness with you but might I ask if I can take you to a dinner and you can show me around?" Said Saasd Asad to Elisabeth. "A date might what it'd be called. I always was wondering what a capitalist country was like and with a beautiful woman like you Id be amazing to look around the city with you."

User avatar
Yohannes
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13161
Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Re: Bala Mantre

Postby Yohannes » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:56 pm



Bala Mantre wrote:Saasd then puts out his hand and says, "Pleasure doing buisness with you but might I ask if I can take you to a dinner and you can show me around?" Said Saasd Asad to Elisabeth.


Elisabeth was reluctant to leave without notice and abandon her busy work schedule for today; but, at the same time, she could not say no to the ambassador’s request. “Sir,” she said, “have you heard of or seen the Economic Palace—truly, the heart of capitalism—near Parliament Square?”


Bala Mantre wrote:"A date might what it'd be called. I always was wondering what a capitalist country was like and with a beautiful woman like you Id be amazing to look around the city with you."


Elisabeth extended her hand to Ambassador Saasd Asad, who grasped it in a fatherly way. She was not sure whether this was a good or bad idea. She could see Felix, now standing beside the door, staring at her in wide-eyed wonder. For a moment, Elisabeth began to doubt herself—what if Saasd disliked having money-grubbing bankers and ingratiating lawyers near him? Then she recalled the advice her father gave her. He had said, “A lion doesn’t concern himself with the opinion of a sheep.”

Elisabeth gave her assistant a look, then nodded.

As he opened the door for Saasd and his attachés, Felix smiled and said, “Please, follow me, your Excellency.”
Last edited by Yohannes on Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Bala Mantre
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 153
Founded: Apr 11, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bala Mantre » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:32 pm

Yohannes wrote:

Bala Mantre wrote:Saasd then puts out his hand and says, "Pleasure doing buisness with you but might I ask if I can take you to a dinner and you can show me around?" Said Saasd Asad to Elisabeth.


Elisabeth was reluctant to leave without notice and abandon her busy work schedule for today; but, at the same time, she could not say no to the ambassador’s request. “Sir,” she said, “have you heard of or seen the Economic Palace—truly, the heart of capitalism—near Parliament Square?”


Bala Mantre wrote:"A date might what it'd be called. I always was wondering what a capitalist country was like and with a beautiful woman like you Id be amazing to look around the city with you."


Elisabeth extended her hand to Ambassador Saasd Asad, who grasped it in a fatherly way. She was not sure whether this was a good or bad idea. She could see Felix, now standing beside the door, staring at her in wide-eyed wonder. For a moment, Elisabeth began to doubt herself—what if Saasd disliked having money-grubbing bankers and ingratiating lawyers near him? Then she recalled the advice her father gave her. He had said, “A lion doesn’t concern himself with the opinion of a sheep.”

Elisabeth gave her assistant a look, then nodded.

As he opened the door for Saasd and his attachés, Felix smiled and said, “Please, follow me, your Excellency.”

Saasd did in fatct not care about capitalism, he thought of it as evil but hid his disdane for it and for the next hour seemed to be lovig the whole adventure

User avatar
Yohannes
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13161
Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Re: Embassy Exchange Programme of Yohannes

Postby Yohannes » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:46 pm

-+-PUNCH CORPORATION ALL RIGHTS RESERVED-+-Image

Image
The Queen’s Open Diary
@HouseStarkBrmc
Wrote a shout out just a while ago:



“To the Members and Elected Collegians of the Realm in this present Parliament assembled, it was ten years ago, I remember, in March 2010, that the final amendment to the 2004 Central and Realm Bank legislation was tabled. Outside the Realm of Yohannes, a lot has happened since 2010, and if we look back to that time, many surprising events have come to pass outside our country.”

“The Delegation of Unibot to the World Assembly fell from grace. The Havenite St George and Sovereign League and the Oceanic Defence Coalition and the Conglomerate disappeared into the annals of history. Automagfreek left the Gholgoth Regional Alliance. But, so many good things have also happened since then—I don’t think I will need to write everything here.”

“It’s amazing how much things can change. With change comes challenge. With change comes opportunity. Here, in the Nineteen Countries, we, too, can’t run away from change—one small dot, out of a thousand World Assembly member states and countless more non-member countries.”

“In 2004, the Seventh Social Democratic Executive Council, our previous government, promised voters that they would deliver a series of reforms to modernise this country’s monetary system. The 37th Christian Democratic Executive Council—our current government—has remained faithful to the previous government’s commitment to modernise Yohannes’ monetary policy framework. This process has been ongoing for almost a decade.”

“For many years, the Economic Palace has followed an adjustable inflation-targeting regime. The Bank of Yohannes and other important institutions in this country take into account the Economic palace’s constantly changing cash rates and, by extension, of its employment and inflation objectives. While gross domestic product has grown in real terms over the past ten years and the Economic Palace’s monetary policy has supported this increase in inflation-adjusted output, the Christian Democratic Executive Council understand the importance of looking outside Yohannes, to learn from the outside world and maintain an open mind.”

“The Federal Republic of Germany and the Swiss Confederation were the innovators of monetary targeting. The Deutsche Bundesbank tackled head-on the serious political problems and inflationary shock produced by the German monetary union and reunification process, while the Schweizerische Nationalbank successfully handled a series of inflationary outcomes caused by a major shift in the money demand and moved from annual targeting to its five-year growth projections. We learned from their experiments with monetary targeting through the 1980s to produce the Central and Realm Bank Act.”

“Today, just as they did in 2010, our monetary policymakers in Yohannes are determined to continue to learn from the experiences of other countries.”

@HouseStarkBrmc to the World Assembly Universal Library Coalition.

#monetarypolicy #NationStates2020


907 Hits
-+-PUNCH CORPORATION ALL RIGHTS RESERVED-+-Image
Last edited by Yohannes on Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Yohannes
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13161
Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Re: Bala Mantre

Postby Yohannes » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:03 pm



Bala Mantre wrote:Saasd did in fatct not care about capitalism, he thought of it as evil but hid his disdane for it and for the next hour seemed to be lovig the whole adventure


For the next hour Elisabeth was busy. For the entire time, much to Felix’s surprise, she patiently listened to Saasd’s stories and anecdotes. As soon as they drove past a government landmark, he would immediately ask her about the history of the building, ready to make another sarcastic remark about capitalism and, much to Elisabeth’s amusement, its connection to the landmark.

She was still entertaining Saasd with tales of economic folly when their driver informed her that they had arrived, saying with a thick Mandarin accent, “Economic Palace here, Madam Secretary—time to go out now, yes?”

Elisabeth smiled at the old man for a moment before turning her attention back to Ambassador Saasd Asad. “Yes, indeed—we have arrived at the Economic Palace,” she said, keenly. “What does your Excellency think of it?”[ Out-of-Character: viewtopic.php?p=3528793#p3528793 ]

User avatar
Bala Mantre
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 153
Founded: Apr 11, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bala Mantre » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:31 pm

Yohannes wrote:

Bala Mantre wrote:Saasd did in fatct not care about capitalism, he thought of it as evil but hid his disdane for it and for the next hour seemed to be lovig the whole adventure


For the next hour Elisabeth was busy. For the entire time, much to Felix’s surprise, she patiently listened to Saasd’s stories and anecdotes. As soon as they drove past a government landmark, he would immediately ask her about the history of the building, ready to make another sarcastic remark about capitalism and, much to Elisabeth’s amusement, its connection to the landmark.

She was still entertaining Saasd with tales of economic folly when their driver informed her that they had arrived, saying with a thick Mandarin accent, “Economic Palace here, Madam Secretary—time to go out now, yes?”

Elisabeth smiled at the old man for a moment before turning her attention back to Ambassador Saasd Asad. “Yes, indeed—we have arrived at the Economic Palace,” she said, keenly. “What does your Excellency think of it?”[ Out-of-Character: viewtopic.php?p=3528793#p3528793 ]

Saasd looked up at the rather large bank and then simply responded, "I was a nomadic header of cattle in the very small town of Kamarsh. This is my third time seeing a bank."

User avatar
Yohannes
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13161
Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Re: Bala Mantre

Postby Yohannes » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:25 pm

Bala Mantre wrote:Saasd looked up at the rather large bank and then simply responded, "I was a nomadic header of cattle in the very small town of Kamarsh. This is my third time seeing a bank."


“A representative of the common people?” Elisabeth chuckled. She turned to the old ambassador excitedly. “It’s a rare enough thing—a man who lives up to his reputation. But, let us save this conversation for a certain someone. Your Excellency, there’s someone who’s been looking forward to meet you.”

At that moment, two security officers came up to greet Felix. Elisabeth held her hand out to Saasd and said reassuringly, “Sir, please follow me, this way.”

User avatar
Bala Mantre
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 153
Founded: Apr 11, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bala Mantre » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:12 am

Yohannes wrote:
Bala Mantre wrote:Saasd looked up at the rather large bank and then simply responded, "I was a nomadic header of cattle in the very small town of Kamarsh. This is my third time seeing a bank."


“A representative of the common people?” Elisabeth chuckled. She turned to the old ambassador excitedly. “It’s a rare enough thing—a man who lives up to his reputation. But, let us save this conversation for a certain someone. Your Excellency, there’s someone who’s been looking forward to meet you.”

At that moment, two security officers came up to greet Felix. Elisabeth held her hand out to Saasd and said reassuringly, “Sir, please follow me, this way.”

Saasd followed Elisabeth and saw the decorations of the building they were in and had his breath taken away by the sheer beauty of the building. He had never seen a place so beautiful before in his life. "What a place this is." Saasd said quitely.

User avatar
Yohannes
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13161
Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Re: Bala Mantre

Postby Yohannes » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:19 pm

Bala Mantre wrote:Saasd followed Elisabeth and saw the decorations of the building they were in and had his breath taken away by the sheer beauty of the building. He had never seen a place so beautiful before in his life. "What a place this is." Saasd said quitely.


Everything about the Chair’s hallway was a poor imitation of the Executive Office at Parliament’s heavily guarded government quarters. Elisabeth was enjoying explaining the story to Saasd. It was not so long ago that her father had said he could see no reason to visit this mostly meaningless place. The real power, he had said, reside in Parliament and its members, as lawmakers of the land, who are then constitutionally legitimised by the Justices’ Courts. Elisabeth couldn’t but laugh at how wrong he was.

When the lawyers and bankers started to run circles around them, and Elisabeth realised that they were still quite far from the Chair’s Office, she gave the hand signal to her two minders. They looked to her and nodded. “Please,” Felix said harshly. “Make way for Princess Elisabeth and the Ambassador of Bala Mantre!” She smiled reassuringly at Saasd and strode confidently towards the two security guards, who were pushing forcefully through the ingratiating crowd.

Elisabeth knew the Chair was waiting for her, to introduce the new Mantrean ambassador to her. The Chair was a formidable figure—she was the person responsible for the country’s monetary policy, to control inflation and maintain price stability. Elisabeth had only met her once before, when Elisabeth was younger. Her father had said, “She is the future queen of a large, southern kingdom—watch her grow into a fine, brilliant Stark.”

Now, Elisabeth could see the Chair’s Office door. Looking keenly at Saasd, she said, “My minders have already unlocked the door.” Elisabeth looked around the room at the expectant eyes of the fat bankers and the prominent lawyers, before turning her attention back to him. “Sir, please go in first, and wait for me there.”
Last edited by Yohannes on Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Bala Mantre
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 153
Founded: Apr 11, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bala Mantre » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:48 pm

Yohannes wrote:
Bala Mantre wrote:Saasd followed Elisabeth and saw the decorations of the building they were in and had his breath taken away by the sheer beauty of the building. He had never seen a place so beautiful before in his life. "What a place this is." Saasd said quitely.


Everything about the Chair’s hallway was a poor imitation of the Executive Office at Parliament’s heavily guarded government quarters. Elisabeth was enjoying explaining the story to Saasd. It was not so long ago that her father had said he could see no reason to visit this mostly meaningless place. The real power, he had said, reside in Parliament and its members, as lawmakers of the land, who are then constitutionally legitimised by the Justices’ Courts. Elisabeth couldn’t but laugh at how wrong he was.

When the lawyers and bankers started to run circles around them, and Elisabeth realised that they were still quite far from the Chair’s Office, she gave the hand signal to her two minders. They looked to her and nodded. “Please,” Felix said harshly. “Make way for Princess Elisabeth and the Ambassador of Bala Mantre!” She smiled reassuringly at Saasd and strode confidently towards the two security guards, who were pushing forcefully through the ingratiating crowd.

Elisabeth knew the Chair was waiting for her, to introduce the new Mantrean ambassador to her. The Chair was a formidable figure—she was the person responsible for the country’s monetary policy, to control inflation and maintain price stability. Elisabeth had only met her once before, when Elisabeth was younger. Her father had said, “She is the future queen of a large, southern kingdom—watch her grow into a fine, brilliant Stark.”

Now, Elisabeth could see the Chair’s Office door. Looking keenly at Saasd, she said, “My minders have already unlocked the door.” Elisabeth looked around the room at the expectant eyes of the fat bankers and the prominent lawyers, before turning her attention back to him. “Sir, please go in first, and wait for me there.”

As Saasd walked into the room, he gave off the Mountainese Kamarsh vibe and one glanced at him made them think of him as strict and militaristic but if you learned more about him, he became more than just a Bala Mantrean. "Hi there everyone." He said in his deep voice. "Im here to bring my existence to life as ambassador from Bala Mantre."

User avatar
Yohannes
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13161
Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Re: Yohannes Embassy Exchange

Postby Yohannes » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:48 am



    Image

Image
Putting Community First


The Royal Alexandria Orchestra is pleased to be an active partner of an organisation dedicated to the education, support and empowerment of those diagnosed with cancer. The Yohannesian Cancer Society’s annual fundraising effort will take place on Friday March the 13th from 8:00 am, with Amy Schildwächter’s The Melodies of the Sea scheduled to begin at 2:00 pm. Admission fee in Parliament Square is $2 for adults and $1 for children, with all proceeds going to the Cancer Society.

The Melodies of the Sea focuses on the themes of hard work and perseverance for young working-class men—that all men are created equal, and should be judged according to their works. Orchestra managing director Beatrice Berneck thinks it’s regrettable that parts of the work are still relevant in this day and age.

“I will never forget that I started at the bottom, and that many people must start at the bottom too,” she says. “Some of the themes that you see in this 1918 play still appear in our society today—that even for the lucky ones, their parents, grandparents, or even their great-grandparents started at the bottom too.”

Music director Torben Schindler is aiming to bring his audience a close interpretation of the very first play of The Melodies of the Sea. He admires Bettina von Arnim and confirms the illustrious poet has always enthralled him. “There is no shame in starting at the bottom and working your way up through hard work and dedication,” he says. “This play focuses on the sense of achievement and pride you can get by working hard, and for some, by working smart.”

Cancer Society National Volunteer manager Bianca Trump looks forward to working with the Royal Alexandria Orchestra and supporting a work that will offer relevance to the local community. “Schindler always believes that his audiences should not be passive onlookers,” she concludes. “We hope to create the same sense of community solidarity next month.”

The Yohannesian Cancer Society is currently the leading non-government organisation dedicated to ensuring universal access to cancer care and raising money and awareness for cancer research in Yohannes. The Cancer Society complies with the mandates set forth in WA General Assembly Resolution #425.

Our major partners in 2020
The Bank of Yohannes is proud to be a major sponsor and official bank of the Royal Alexandria Orchestra, one of the oldest national performing arts companies of the Kingdom of Alexandria and the largest orchestra in the Nineteen Countries.

Ardenfontein Köhler has been a recognised business partner of the Yohannesian Cancer Society since 2010. We are proud to support the selfless work of the Cancer Society’s many volunteers across Yohannes.

The Financial Diary 23 February 2020 19
Last edited by Yohannes on Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Crators, Dayganistan, Google [Bot], Kyorii, Lightning Boltz, Plus Nova Imperii, Sveneland, The Nationalist, Thermodolia

Advertisement

Remove ads