NATION

PASSWORD

"I love socialists too. I've slept with several" - Joy Behar

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Rojava Free State
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19422
Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:16 am

Gormwood wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:
Well then it stands as is. I, and many other people, do not find lizzo's body type attractive, and there's a reason for that. If you do then you do you, but I don't need to change my opinion so people don't get their feelings hurt. Obesity is gross. It's unhealthy and dangerous and there's a reason most people feel that way

Like Lizzo would know you even existed, much less give a shit. She's famous and rich without having to conform to your puritannical body image and at best you'd be just another internet nobody hiding behind GIFT to take shots at her.


First off I don't care how lizzo feels. Whether anything I said had any affect on her isn't my problem. Clearly you gave a shit since you called me out for "fat shaming," cause how dare I not find extreme obesity to be attractive. And my views aren't puritannical. I'm not saying we all should look like supermodels but there's a point where your body is legit gonna collapse on itself

And believe me, if I'm just some internet nobody then you aren't doing any better, so let's just clear the air on that right now.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

User avatar
Gormwood
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14727
Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:22 am

Rojava Free State wrote:
Gormwood wrote:Like Lizzo would know you even existed, much less give a shit. She's famous and rich without having to conform to your puritannical body image and at best you'd be just another internet nobody hiding behind GIFT to take shots at her.


First off I don't care how lizzo feels. Whether anything I said had any affect on her isn't my problem. Clearly you gave a shit since you called me out for "fat shaming," cause how dare I not find extreme obesity to be attractive. And my views aren't puritannical. I'm not saying we all should look like supermodels but there's a point where your body is legit gonna collapse on itself

And believe me, if I'm just some internet nobody then you aren't doing any better, so let's just clear the air on that right now.

Because if you do it to famous people without hesitation, you'll be guaranteed to do it to ordinary people who are likely more vulnerable emotionally if not financially.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

User avatar
Rojava Free State
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19422
Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:26 am

Gormwood wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:
First off I don't care how lizzo feels. Whether anything I said had any affect on her isn't my problem. Clearly you gave a shit since you called me out for "fat shaming," cause how dare I not find extreme obesity to be attractive. And my views aren't puritannical. I'm not saying we all should look like supermodels but there's a point where your body is legit gonna collapse on itself

And believe me, if I'm just some internet nobody then you aren't doing any better, so let's just clear the air on that right now.

Because if you do it to famous people without hesitation, you'll be guaranteed to do it to ordinary people who are likely more vulnerable emotionally if not financially.


Yeah, because I made a joke about lizzo, I totally am gonna walk into a restroom and see a fat guy and be like "GET OUT OF HERE YOU FAT BITCH!" seriously do you even hear yourself right now? I make one joke and you literally got mad about fat shaming to a point that not only have you continued to try and portray me as a bigot, but you continued the argument in a totally unrelated thread. I'll make this easy on you, partially because I'm not a total troll and partially because this thread is 5 seconds from being locked due to a thread jacking. If you think that my views are so horrible, you are more than free to add me to your foe list and view me as an evil horrible person. You don't have to like me, but I'm not about to continue arguing with you considering that neither your views nor mine will change on this subject. So what's it gonna be? You wanna keep arguing or you wanna accept that you're not about to change my mind
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

User avatar
Ethel mermania
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 138142
Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ethel mermania » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:02 am

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
New haven america wrote:IDK, you might, considering that the thread's probably gonna close in 1 or 2 pages.

Cherish that fact Huskar.

This is my moment.

Now is the time

Now is the time for Happy Huskar.

Yeah, you got a few pretty good lines in. I was amused.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

User avatar
Ethel mermania
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 138142
Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ethel mermania » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:06 am

Gormwood wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:
First off I don't care how lizzo feels. Whether anything I said had any affect on her isn't my problem. Clearly you gave a shit since you called me out for "fat shaming," cause how dare I not find extreme obesity to be attractive. And my views aren't puritannical. I'm not saying we all should look like supermodels but there's a point where your body is legit gonna collapse on itself

And believe me, if I'm just some internet nobody then you aren't doing any better, so let's just clear the air on that right now.

Because if you do it to famous people without hesitation, you'll be guaranteed to do it to ordinary people who are likely more vulnerable emotionally if not financially.

I am more on Jillian Michaels side on this, obesity is not healthy, and while I dont generally fat shame, long term lizzo would be much better off if she dropped a few pounds.

Also I would hope people would be much more likely to make a comment about a public figure than a private one.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

User avatar
United Muscovite Nations
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 25657
Founded: Feb 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United Muscovite Nations » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:48 am

Gormwood wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:
First off I don't care how lizzo feels. Whether anything I said had any affect on her isn't my problem. Clearly you gave a shit since you called me out for "fat shaming," cause how dare I not find extreme obesity to be attractive. And my views aren't puritannical. I'm not saying we all should look like supermodels but there's a point where your body is legit gonna collapse on itself

And believe me, if I'm just some internet nobody then you aren't doing any better, so let's just clear the air on that right now.

Because if you do it to famous people without hesitation, you'll be guaranteed to do it to ordinary people who are likely more vulnerable emotionally if not financially.

Being fat isn't an unavoidable medical condition, it is a result of personal choices.
Grumpy Grandpa of the LWDT and RWDT
Kantian with panentheist and Christian beliefs. Rawlsian Socialist. Just completed studies in History and International Relations. Asexual with sex-revulsion.
The world is grey, the mountains old, the forges fire is ashen cold. No harp is wrung, no hammer falls, the darkness dwells in Durin's halls...
Formerly United Marxist Nations, Dec 02, 2011- Feb 01, 2017. +33,837 posts
Borderline Personality Disorder, currently in treatment. I apologize if I blow up at you. TG me for info, can't discuss publicly because the mods support stigma on mental illness.

User avatar
Rojava Free State
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19422
Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:40 am

United Muscovite Nations wrote:
Gormwood wrote:Because if you do it to famous people without hesitation, you'll be guaranteed to do it to ordinary people who are likely more vulnerable emotionally if not financially.

Being fat isn't an unavoidable medical condition, it is a result of personal choices.


As someone who has struggled with their weight since my teen years and who has overweight family members, I can confirm this is true. This year has really been my fight against the fat, and I've totally changed my diet and become a much more active person. Before I started exercising more, I was 173 pounds. I'm now 162. Yes,I know I technically wasn't really super fat ever but that's not the issue

You should do what's in your health's best interest. Being fat isn't like having acne, which is just a superficial unattractive feature. It's genuinely dangerous. When people tell overweight people that they're fine as is and don't need to change, they're condemning said overweight person to a death sentence. I will say that of course you shouldn't go up to someone and say "man you look like jabba the hutt. Why you built like a zepplin?" But it isn't wrong to say "Look Marco,I like you, but you have a problem, and if you don't solve the problem, it will solve you." When he asks you what "it will solve you" means, ask him to think about what solving something usually means. You either lose most of the fat and become a healthier person, or keep doing what you're doing and perish. A good example of a similar issue is my friend Josh and his binge drinking. Our big albanian friend thinks it's funny and keeps encouraging this kind of degenerate behavior,whereas i have told him that drinking is ruining him and turning him into a real dick. I've told him it could kill him. My goal of bringing this up is to convince him to put down the bottle at least 5 days a week, because I don't want to lose my best friend to substance abuse like I lost 8 others to. Fake friends tell you what you wanna hear, even if that'll harm you. Real friends tell you what you need to hear even if you may not like it
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

User avatar
Gormwood
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14727
Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:17 am

United Muscovite Nations wrote:
Gormwood wrote:Because if you do it to famous people without hesitation, you'll be guaranteed to do it to ordinary people who are likely more vulnerable emotionally if not financially.

Being fat isn't an unavoidable medical condition, it is a result of personal choices.

Assuming every single overweight person in existence is a result of laziness and not say, socio-economic entrapment or medical conditions. Sure.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

User avatar
United Muscovite Nations
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 25657
Founded: Feb 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United Muscovite Nations » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:30 am

Gormwood wrote:
United Muscovite Nations wrote:Being fat isn't an unavoidable medical condition, it is a result of personal choices.

Assuming every single overweight person in existence is a result of laziness and not say, socio-economic entrapment or medical conditions. Sure.

There are medical treatments for conditions that cause it, and even the poor are capable of not being fat. The poor have free will.
Grumpy Grandpa of the LWDT and RWDT
Kantian with panentheist and Christian beliefs. Rawlsian Socialist. Just completed studies in History and International Relations. Asexual with sex-revulsion.
The world is grey, the mountains old, the forges fire is ashen cold. No harp is wrung, no hammer falls, the darkness dwells in Durin's halls...
Formerly United Marxist Nations, Dec 02, 2011- Feb 01, 2017. +33,837 posts
Borderline Personality Disorder, currently in treatment. I apologize if I blow up at you. TG me for info, can't discuss publicly because the mods support stigma on mental illness.

User avatar
Gormwood
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14727
Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:34 am

United Muscovite Nations wrote:
Gormwood wrote:Assuming every single overweight person in existence is a result of laziness and not say, socio-economic entrapment or medical conditions. Sure.

There are medical treatments for conditions that cause it, and even the poor are capable of not being fat. The poor have free will.

Even if they're too poor to afford reliable transportation while trapped in a food desert surrounded by SSF farms in the form of fast food joints and convenience stores apparently. And if you're poor, good luck with medical treatments.
Last edited by Gormwood on Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

User avatar
United Muscovite Nations
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 25657
Founded: Feb 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United Muscovite Nations » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:38 am

Gormwood wrote:
United Muscovite Nations wrote:There are medical treatments for conditions that cause it, and even the poor are capable of not being fat. The poor have free will.

Even if they're too poor to afford reliable transportation while trapped in a food desert surrounded by SSF farms in the form of fast food joints and convenience stores apparently. And if you're poor, good luck with medical treatments.

Not like wal-mart exists and sells reasonably healthy food at extremely affordable prices or anything.

The medical treatment thing is fair enough, but it's also an extreme minority of obese people.
Grumpy Grandpa of the LWDT and RWDT
Kantian with panentheist and Christian beliefs. Rawlsian Socialist. Just completed studies in History and International Relations. Asexual with sex-revulsion.
The world is grey, the mountains old, the forges fire is ashen cold. No harp is wrung, no hammer falls, the darkness dwells in Durin's halls...
Formerly United Marxist Nations, Dec 02, 2011- Feb 01, 2017. +33,837 posts
Borderline Personality Disorder, currently in treatment. I apologize if I blow up at you. TG me for info, can't discuss publicly because the mods support stigma on mental illness.

User avatar
Purgatio
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6479
Founded: May 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Purgatio » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:25 pm

Gormwood wrote:
United Muscovite Nations wrote:There are medical treatments for conditions that cause it, and even the poor are capable of not being fat. The poor have free will.

Even if they're too poor to afford reliable transportation while trapped in a food desert surrounded by SSF farms in the form of fast food joints and convenience stores apparently. And if you're poor, good luck with medical treatments.


Even if there isn't a lot of healthy food around you, you can always eat less and reduce your calorie intake overall. I hate how so many people are trying to make absurd excuses for the ridiculous rates of obesity amongst the poors.
Purgatio is an absolutist hereditary monarchy run as a one-party fascist dictatorship, which seized power in a sudden and abrupt coup d'état of 1987-1988, on an authoritarian eugenic and socially Darwinistic political philosophy and ideology, now ruled and dominated with a brutal iron fist under the watchful reign of Le Grand Roi Chalon-Arlay de la Fayette and La Grande Reine Geneviève de la Fayette (née Aumont) (i.e., the 'Founding Couple' or Le Couple Fondateur).

For a domestic Purgation 'propagandist' view of its role in the world, see: An Introduction to Purgatio.

And for a more 'objective' international perspective on Purgatio's history, culture, and politics, see: A Brief Overview of the History, Politics, and Culture of Le Royaume du Nettoyage de la Purgatio.

User avatar
LimaUniformNovemberAlpha
Senator
 
Posts: 4364
Founded: Apr 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby LimaUniformNovemberAlpha » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:15 pm

Purgatio wrote:
Gormwood wrote:Even if they're too poor to afford reliable transportation while trapped in a food desert surrounded by SSF farms in the form of fast food joints and convenience stores apparently. And if you're poor, good luck with medical treatments.


Even if there isn't a lot of healthy food around you, you can always eat less and reduce your calorie intake overall. I hate how so many people are trying to make absurd excuses for the ridiculous rates of obesity amongst the poors.

Experts point to malnutrition and obesity occuring at the same time in the same people, on account of filling but less-nourishing food being all they can afford. Do you think you know better than them? If so, don't fuck around with it, say it outright, like I do whenever I'm the one disputing them.

Coming back full circle to the original topic, I think this also incidentally relates to why obesity cuts down on respect for someone, but not necessarily on lust for them. For much of evolution, without junk food, obesity would've meant you ate more than your share of the food, not that you were malnourished. So contempt for the overweight would be advantageous to a tribe. However, the male sex drive isn't known to be very picky, so our ancestors would impregnate even those they don't necessarily respect as much as everyone else until they give birth to someone at least half like us. This would explain the simultaneous popularity of cheap shots about Meghan McCain's weight and, again, the popularity of the aforementioned portrayals of women with very similar body types.
Last edited by LimaUniformNovemberAlpha on Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:1. The PRC is not a Communist State, as it has shown absolutely zero interest in achieving Communism.
2. The CCP is not a Communist Party, as it has shown absolutely zero interest in achieving Communism.
3. Xi Jinping and his cronies are not Communists, as they have shown absolutely zero interest in achieving Communism.

How do we know this? Because the first step toward Communism is Socialism, and none of the aforementioned are even remotely Socialist in any way, shape, or form.

User avatar
The Flying Hand
Secretary
 
Posts: 31
Founded: Jan 29, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Flying Hand » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:18 pm

In cases like this, is "thottimus maximus" an acceptable term for politicians?
The Hand zooms around the world and crushes one person with its index finger every day. It is immune to all damage, and is always slightly faster than you.

Squishing NSers since 2016
Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:
Nakena wrote:
It's her aura and personality that attracts people.


The aura and personality of Darth Vader is attractive to people?

Well, hey, whatever you're into.

User avatar
Saranidia
Minister
 
Posts: 3397
Founded: Sep 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Saranidia » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:22 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Saiwania wrote:I don't see many Incels wanting to be with Joy Behar. Then again, if someone closes their eyes; it might not be such a big deal. I don't know why it is, but the Conservative women on average, seem to be more physically attractive than the Liberal women within US media. It is true enough to be a stereotype and meme.


The conservative women tend to take better care of themselves and value their looks while liberals view attractive appearance as a patriarchal form of oppression

Maybe, idk, it's my best guess as to why that is

Well I read somewhere conservatives are more likely to be older and obese. Also the opioid crisis is, I believe more common in republican states.
Also please stop with the sweeping statements;
Since when did most liberals view attractive appearance as patriarchal oppression?
Google what liberal means or alternatively take a good look at Ana Kasparian that nice temptress from Young Turks.
Mostly represents my views but what I think a Middle Eastern nation should do which will be sometimes different to what I think a western nation should do(because the people have different needs in different places)

Vote Lisa Nandy

Copy this into your sig if you know sex and gender are different and did not fail biology.

RIP grandpa kitchen

User avatar
Bostoknia
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: Dec 18, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Bostoknia » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:25 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:
Well then it stands as is. I, and many other people, do not find lizzo's body type attractive, and there's a reason for that. If you do then you do you, but I don't need to change my opinion so people don't get their feelings hurt. Obesity is gross. It's unhealthy and dangerous and there's a reason most people feel that way

Like Lizzo would know you even existed, much less give a shit. She's famous and rich without having to conform to your puritannical body image and at best you'd be just another internet nobody hiding behind GIFT to take shots at her.

I take issue with your phrasing "puritanical body image". Not getting an erection over a fat chick is hardly puritanical.

User avatar
Saranidia
Minister
 
Posts: 3397
Founded: Sep 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Saranidia » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:27 pm

What a harlot
Last edited by Saranidia on Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mostly represents my views but what I think a Middle Eastern nation should do which will be sometimes different to what I think a western nation should do(because the people have different needs in different places)

Vote Lisa Nandy

Copy this into your sig if you know sex and gender are different and did not fail biology.

RIP grandpa kitchen

User avatar
The Flying Hand
Secretary
 
Posts: 31
Founded: Jan 29, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Flying Hand » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:35 pm

Saranidia wrote:What a harlot

I know right, when can the capitalists get some lovin'? Do we need to pay?
Last edited by The Flying Hand on Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Hand zooms around the world and crushes one person with its index finger every day. It is immune to all damage, and is always slightly faster than you.

Squishing NSers since 2016
Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:
Nakena wrote:
It's her aura and personality that attracts people.


The aura and personality of Darth Vader is attractive to people?

Well, hey, whatever you're into.

User avatar
Purgatio
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6479
Founded: May 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Purgatio » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:39 pm

LimaUniformNovemberAlpha wrote:
Purgatio wrote:
Even if there isn't a lot of healthy food around you, you can always eat less and reduce your calorie intake overall. I hate how so many people are trying to make absurd excuses for the ridiculous rates of obesity amongst the poors.

Experts point to malnutrition and obesity occuring at the same time in the same people, on account of filling but less-nourishing food being all they can afford. Do you think you know better than them? If so, don't fuck around with it, say it outright, like I do whenever I'm the one disputing them.


I don't get why nuance is so difficult. Ceteris paribus, a person who lives in a food desert with unhealthy food options around him is likely to be more obese than if that same person were not in a food desert. Again, ceteris paribus, with no difference or change in food intake habits or other lifestyle choices.

But that doesn't mean that if you do live in a food desert, you are totally disabled from being healthy. Not every single poor person is obese or unhealthy. There's always more you can do to keep healthy. Even if the food around you is unhealthy, you can still eat less of it, engage in proper portion control, exercise more. Yes, you have to put in more effort than if you lived in a place that wasn't a food desert, but so what? Life's not fair, and someone who isn't willing to put in the effort to stay healthy and take care of themselves, and who gets fat as a result, voluntarily accepts and invites any and all negative health consequences that go along with that.
Purgatio is an absolutist hereditary monarchy run as a one-party fascist dictatorship, which seized power in a sudden and abrupt coup d'état of 1987-1988, on an authoritarian eugenic and socially Darwinistic political philosophy and ideology, now ruled and dominated with a brutal iron fist under the watchful reign of Le Grand Roi Chalon-Arlay de la Fayette and La Grande Reine Geneviève de la Fayette (née Aumont) (i.e., the 'Founding Couple' or Le Couple Fondateur).

For a domestic Purgation 'propagandist' view of its role in the world, see: An Introduction to Purgatio.

And for a more 'objective' international perspective on Purgatio's history, culture, and politics, see: A Brief Overview of the History, Politics, and Culture of Le Royaume du Nettoyage de la Purgatio.

User avatar
LimaUniformNovemberAlpha
Senator
 
Posts: 4364
Founded: Apr 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby LimaUniformNovemberAlpha » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:39 pm

The Flying Hand wrote:
Saranidia wrote:What a harlot

I know right, when can the capitalists get some lovin'? Do we need to pay?

Child support law is already pretty capitalistic when you think about it. Instead of pooling the resources by paying into a collective child support pool when you have sex, and drawing from it if you need it, the few guys whose condoms break have to end up in dire poverty and everyone else doesn't have to do a thing to help them.
Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:1. The PRC is not a Communist State, as it has shown absolutely zero interest in achieving Communism.
2. The CCP is not a Communist Party, as it has shown absolutely zero interest in achieving Communism.
3. Xi Jinping and his cronies are not Communists, as they have shown absolutely zero interest in achieving Communism.

How do we know this? Because the first step toward Communism is Socialism, and none of the aforementioned are even remotely Socialist in any way, shape, or form.

User avatar
Purgatio
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6479
Founded: May 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Purgatio » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:41 pm

LimaUniformNovemberAlpha wrote:
The Flying Hand wrote:I know right, when can the capitalists get some lovin'? Do we need to pay?

Child support law is already pretty capitalistic when you think about it. Instead of pooling the resources by paying into a collective child support pool when you have sex, and drawing from it if you need it, the few guys whose condoms break have to end up in dire poverty and everyone else doesn't have to do a thing to help them.


Well, yes, child support is inherently capitalist rather than socalistic. Socialism stresses generic financial obligations owed to the wider community. Child support is based on vindicating the duties and obligations that go with a private interpersonal or familial relationship (i.e., a parent-child relationship), and the obligations of support and non-abandonment that go along with that relationship. Similar to alimony and spousal support, its a capitalistic and inherently-private obligation of support, not a communal or socialistic one.
Purgatio is an absolutist hereditary monarchy run as a one-party fascist dictatorship, which seized power in a sudden and abrupt coup d'état of 1987-1988, on an authoritarian eugenic and socially Darwinistic political philosophy and ideology, now ruled and dominated with a brutal iron fist under the watchful reign of Le Grand Roi Chalon-Arlay de la Fayette and La Grande Reine Geneviève de la Fayette (née Aumont) (i.e., the 'Founding Couple' or Le Couple Fondateur).

For a domestic Purgation 'propagandist' view of its role in the world, see: An Introduction to Purgatio.

And for a more 'objective' international perspective on Purgatio's history, culture, and politics, see: A Brief Overview of the History, Politics, and Culture of Le Royaume du Nettoyage de la Purgatio.

User avatar
LimaUniformNovemberAlpha
Senator
 
Posts: 4364
Founded: Apr 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby LimaUniformNovemberAlpha » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:41 pm

Purgatio wrote:
LimaUniformNovemberAlpha wrote:Experts point to malnutrition and obesity occuring at the same time in the same people, on account of filling but less-nourishing food being all they can afford. Do you think you know better than them? If so, don't fuck around with it, say it outright, like I do whenever I'm the one disputing them.


I don't get why nuance is so difficult. Ceteris paribus, a person who lives in a food desert with unhealthy food options around him is likely to be more obese than if that same person were not in a food desert. Again, ceteris paribus, with no difference or change in food intake habits or other lifestyle choices.

But that doesn't mean that if you do live in a food desert, you are totally disabled from being healthy. Not every single poor person is obese or unhealthy. There's always more you can do to keep healthy. Even if the food around you is unhealthy, you can still eat less of it, engage in proper portion control, exercise more. Yes, you have to put in more effort than if you lived in a place that wasn't a food desert, but so what? Life's not fair, and someone who isn't willing to put in the effort to stay healthy and take care of themselves, and who gets fat as a result, voluntarily accepts and invites any and all negative health consequences that go along with that.

Emphasis mine. That's not how it works. You eat less of the unhealthy food, you get even LESS of your vitamins and minerals, and you're MORE severely malnourished. It's a choice between obesity, malnutrition, or BOTH.

And "exercise" needs more vitamins and minerals than a lack thereof too, lest one get oxygen free radical damage from lack of antioxidants.
Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:1. The PRC is not a Communist State, as it has shown absolutely zero interest in achieving Communism.
2. The CCP is not a Communist Party, as it has shown absolutely zero interest in achieving Communism.
3. Xi Jinping and his cronies are not Communists, as they have shown absolutely zero interest in achieving Communism.

How do we know this? Because the first step toward Communism is Socialism, and none of the aforementioned are even remotely Socialist in any way, shape, or form.

User avatar
Saranidia
Minister
 
Posts: 3397
Founded: Sep 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Saranidia » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:42 pm

LimaUniformNovemberAlpha wrote:
The Flying Hand wrote:I know right, when can the capitalists get some lovin'? Do we need to pay?

Child support law is already pretty capitalistic when you think about it. Instead of pooling the resources by paying into a collective child support pool when you have sex, and drawing from it if you need it, the few guys whose condoms break have to end up in dire poverty and everyone else doesn't have to do a thing to help them.

I doubt most people who have children it’s the result of condoms breaking.
Condoms are 98% reliable.
Also many people wish to at some point have children.
Mostly represents my views but what I think a Middle Eastern nation should do which will be sometimes different to what I think a western nation should do(because the people have different needs in different places)

Vote Lisa Nandy

Copy this into your sig if you know sex and gender are different and did not fail biology.

RIP grandpa kitchen

User avatar
Gormwood
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14727
Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:42 pm

Purgatio wrote:
LimaUniformNovemberAlpha wrote:Child support law is already pretty capitalistic when you think about it. Instead of pooling the resources by paying into a collective child support pool when you have sex, and drawing from it if you need it, the few guys whose condoms break have to end up in dire poverty and everyone else doesn't have to do a thing to help them.


Well, yes, child support is inherently capitalist rather than socalistic. Socialism stresses generic financial obligations owed to the wider community. Child support is based on vindicating the duties and obligations that go with a private interpersonal or familial relationship (i.e., a parent-child relationship), and the obligations of support and non-abandonment that go along with that relationship. Similar to alimony and spousal support, its a capitalistic and inherently-private obligation of support, not a communal or socialistic one.

Unwanted pregnancies most prevalent in states with near-nonexistent sex education in schools. Pure coincidence.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

User avatar
Saranidia
Minister
 
Posts: 3397
Founded: Sep 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Saranidia » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:43 pm

The Flying Hand wrote:
Saranidia wrote:What a harlot

I know right, when can the capitalists get some lovin'? Do we need to pay?


If anything being with even more people would make her a bigger harlot.
But she probably would if you paid for a meal.

Also on a more serious note are you social democracy, moderate capitalism or Randist style?
Mostly represents my views but what I think a Middle Eastern nation should do which will be sometimes different to what I think a western nation should do(because the people have different needs in different places)

Vote Lisa Nandy

Copy this into your sig if you know sex and gender are different and did not fail biology.

RIP grandpa kitchen

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: -Saiwania-, Arvenia, Elejamie, Google [Bot], Greater Britannian Realm, Hydranic, Innocala, Maraganta, Oxes Republic, Serboslavonia, Trazkaina-, Uan aa Boa, Ulania, Vassenor

Advertisement

Remove ads