NATION

PASSWORD

The Company of Neighbours

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:33 am

Part of a series on Embassy Exchange Programme of Yohannes

Elisabeth still could not find the meeting room.[1] She’d come to dislike the confusing halls of Parliament House, the sound of politicians laughing and lying, the distraction when some lone petitioners and news reporters would try to catch her attention—followed, usually, by their camera crew. Elisabeth had no problems walking along the halls of Parliament House at night, when almost everyone was gone; but by day, when she had to be shielded by her minders everywhere she went, she would find the halls of Parliament suffocating. Instead of smiling back at someone who would smile at her—she knew who they were and what they wanted, anyway—she would absentmindedly tell her minders to brush them aside and make way for her, or pretend not to see their questioning faces, or directly tell them to leave her alone.

She needed to be alone. She had so many problems to worry about today, and too many things to do. Chancellor Annabelle Thorndon-Stevensonn had tasked her with talking to the ambassadors of Lucedeia and the Soviet Republics. They had opened their countries to the outside world once more, she told Elisabeth. Lucedeia and the Soviet Republics were Yohannes’ closest neighbours. They were large countries, with one hundred million people or so living inside their borders. But they had closed out the world beyond their borders, to halt the flow of information from the outside world and to rule their country and manage their economy freely. They held no trade with us or any of our trading partners, Elisabeth knew. However, with the creation of the school visa waiver programme with the Embassy of the Soviet Republics yesterday, that had changed; although nothing would probably come out of this small talk, Chancellor Annabelle Thorndon-Stevensonn had told her to treat both ambassadors with great care and kindness.[2]

When she walked past the entrance to the other end of the hall and turned left for the third time, Elisabeth could finally see the door to the room.

In-Character (IC) information
    1. Princess Elisabeth is a Yohannesian ambassador-at-large. She is the heir apparent to Yohannes' largest constituent state. See viewtopic.php?p=36660945#p36660945
    2. Queen Louise College has a secondary school visa waiver partnership with the Embassy of the Union of Soviet Republics. See viewtopic.php?p=36678329#p36678329
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Lucedeia
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 05, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Lucedeia » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:09 pm

Today is a big day for Chelbir Chelmati, he was tasked by Nisi Cholpan, the minister of foreign relations to represent Lucedeia and establish official relations with the The Realm of Yohannes. Chelbir is no stranger to diplomacy, he is known for being a great speaker and well honed in the arts of politics, though at the same time he is known for being down to earth, and straight to the point, which is why he was chosen to represent Lucedeia in Yohannes.

Chelbir sits patiently in the meeting room, waiting for his Yohannesian counterpart, Princess Elisabeth. The clock is ticking, and the room is silent.
Last edited by Lucedeia on Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:17 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Re: The Company of Neighbours

Postby Yohannes » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:07 pm

-+-PUNCH CORPORATION ALL RIGHTS RESERVED-+-Image

Princess Elisabeth’s Diary
@HRHPrincesselisa
Wrote a shout out just a while ago:

“This morning I wrote a letter to the President of Lucedeia and the Premier of the Soviet Republics, thanking them for agreeing to open their large countries to Yohannesian trade and capital.”

“I’m a proponent of the saying, ‘A trader should have no opinion.’ Lucedeia is an exotic empire while the Soviet Republics is a closed country, with vastly different systems of government from that of Yohannes; but, our different legal and political systems should not preclude us from engaging in fair and equal trade with each other.”

“In a report compiled by the International Diplomacy and Advisory Committee, it was forecast that over a 10-year period, our country’s annual two-way trade of goods and services with Lucedeia would grow to an estimated $290 million. That may seem small to some people, but what they don’t realise is the number and types of much-needed jobs that might be created because of this agreement. For example, 170 new chemical and materials engineering jobs may seem small, but 170 new high-productivity jobs mean 170 new employment opportunities for 170 people in our fair country—this will benefit both them and their families.”

“I look forward to seeing increasing trade and capital flows between Lucedeia, Yohannes and the Soviet Republics next year.”

@HRHPrincesselisa to the World Assembly Central Library Complex.

#LucedeiaYohannes #SovietYohannes #TNPMcMasterdonia #NationStates2020

602 Hits
-+-PUNCH CORPORATION ALL RIGHTS RESERVED-+-Image
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Lucedeia
Civil Servant

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Lucedeia » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:13 pm

"Today will mark a great day for Lucedeia, and her new Yohannesian allies, we hope that our partnership will bring both peace and prosperity for our realms."

"I would like to personally thank princess Elisabeth for her efforts in reaching out to us and establishing strong diplomatic channels. Her eagerness to open talks and skill in diplomacy will put even vetern politicians to shame. She has certainly gained my respect. I would also like to thank the people of Yohannes for their worm welcome, and openness to our people. Despite our differences with Yohannes, we hope that this partnership will help our country's slow yet steady transition to democracy."

"May the future of our countries be fruitful, and prosperous"

- Chelbir Chilmati, Ambassador to Yohannes

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:08 pm

Lucedeia wrote:Chelbir sits patiently in the meeting room, waiting for his Yohannesian counterpart ...

When Elisabeth opened the door, she was surprised at what she saw. Astonishment spread across her face. “Ambassador Chelbir Chelmati!” she said. “I’d like to apologise for my tardiness—how long have your excellency waited here?”

Lucedeia
Civil Servant

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Lucedeia » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:32 pm

Yohannes wrote:
When Elisabeth opened the door, she was surprised at what she saw. Astonishment spread across her face. “Ambassador Chelbir Chelmati!” she said. “I’d like to apologise for my tardiness—how long have your excellency waited here?”

He looks up at her and smiles. "At ease your highness." he replied. "I am merely a believer in being 15 minutes early before any meeting, you are just on time."

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:06 pm

Lucedeia wrote:"At ease your highness," he replied.

Elisabeth paused. She must have met at least fifty foreign diplomats by now. While some of them had been interesting individuals—with interesting life stories to tell—most of them had been stale career climbers, with the ingratiating personality of a pompous oaf. They were predictable politicians; they would smile at anyone; and they would act in a particular way towards her, no matter what.

Elisabeth could already tell by the way he sounded that Ambassador Chelbir Chelmati was a good man.

Lucedeia wrote:"I am merely a believer in being 15 minutes early before any meeting, you are just on time."

“I can see that!” Elisabeth chuckled. “Thank you for your excellency’s open letter to Parliament this morning. This is indeed a great day for the Empire of Lucedeia and the Realm of Yohannes—I’m sure we can both agree that the road to regional prosperity and stability through mutual, peaceful trade is a good thing?”

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates