NATION

PASSWORD

The Esoterics: Devil's Whisper OOC (Fantasy, Open, Intrigue)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Did you notice my JoJo reference with Sumani Seigana

1: yes
20%
2: no
No votes
3: what
80%

Total votes : 5

5pb
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby 5pb » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:54 am

Asardia wrote:
5pb wrote:
Even more reason for Rin to access the [Anthema], at the end of the fight

Heavenly Judgement wins in 5 seconds no cap

Do remember Rin isn't alone, he had Taka and Unity at least.
The flag I have is an image of Bronya.
Anime: Honkai Star Rail

"Let's talk about not what you like, but what you hate, Master!" - Takane "Ene" Enomoto

Asardia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 25, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Asardia » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:45 pm

5pb wrote:
Asardia wrote:
Heavenly Judgement wins in 5 seconds no cap

Do remember Rin isn't alone, he had Taka and Unity at least.

And don't forget my girl Jasmine. She has those 2 uses of DW. But my comment was mostly in jest, although based on their reaction to Arrindor earlier, do you think they would step in?
If money is where you find happiness you'll always be poor
Often its not the driver but the passengers that find the right path

North German Realm wrote:Cantello. HE's empire looks like a Persian rug more than a flag, ngl

5pb wrote:"I'm cutting it off," Ayano raised an axe above her head

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

5pb
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby 5pb » Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:41 pm

Asardia wrote:
5pb wrote:Do remember Rin isn't alone, he had Taka and Unity at least.

And don't forget my girl Jasmine. She has those 2 uses of DW. But my comment was mostly in jest, although based on their reaction to Arrindor earlier, do you think they would step in?

Taka absolutely would, but Unity would have to feel that Rin is truly at risk, and then would end the fight fairly quick.

"Let's talk about not what you like, but what you hate, Master!" - Takane "Ene" Enomoto

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:01 pm

5pb wrote:
Asardia wrote:

Taka absolutely would, but Unity would have to feel that Rin is truly at risk, and then would end the fight fairly quick.

Man a triple team against a Machi Yin just doing his job. I feel we all win here: Rin takes his anger out on his brother, Sumani and Unity show off their Esoteric magic, and maybe Jasmine goes in with Devil's Whisper to basically say "chill tf out peeps". So you're going to have your characters meet Diva soon?

North German Realm wrote:Cantello. HE's empire looks like a Persian rug more than a flag, ngl

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

5pb
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby 5pb » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:27 am

Asardia wrote:
5pb wrote: Taka absolutely would, but Unity would have to feel that Rin is truly at risk, and then would end the fight fairly quick.

Man a triple team against a Machi Yin just doing his job. I feel we all win here: Rin takes his anger out on his brother, Sumani and Unity show off their Esoteric magic, and maybe Jasmine goes in with Devil's Whisper to basically say "chill tf out peeps". So you're going to have your characters meet Diva soon?

Probably after the battle that's coming up, just so I can play around with Rin's combat and magic so you guys can get a feel for it. But after that the it shouldn't take too long.

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:22 pm

5pb wrote:
Asardia wrote:

Probably after the battle that's coming up, just so I can play around with Rin's combat and magic so you guys can get a feel for it. But after that the it shouldn't take too long.

I see. Arrindor will summon Darkon soon, which will prompt Nightmare and his plan, and I'm hoping Jasmine can get going on DW. She might be able to use it on Diva, so when if Nightmare's plan takes place on the same day as the later fight, then Jasmine will only have one use of DW left, giving you yet another advantage.

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

5pb
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby 5pb » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:35 pm

I'll get a post up tommorow.

DeltaSource
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 24, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby DeltaSource » Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:41 am

5pb wrote:I'll get a post up tommorow.

It's the next decade and we're still waiting on that post.....I had to......
Games I'm Playing Atm:
Persona 5 Royal
Genshin Impact
Call of Duty: Warzone

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:11 pm

DeltaSource wrote:

It's the next decade and we're still waiting on that post.....I had to......

badum tss

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Cappuccina
Minister

Founded: Jun 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cappuccina » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:03 pm

Tag!!!
Muslim, Female, Trans, Not white..... oppression points x4!!!!
"Latinx" isn't a real word. :^)
Automobile & Music fan!!! ^_^
Also, an everything 1980s fan!!!
Left/Right: -5.25
SocLib/Auth: 2.46

Apparently, I'm an INFP

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:13 pm

Cappuccina wrote:Tag!!!

Glad to see more nations are interested! The Discord also had two(?) people who expressed interest as well. I'm here to answer any questions and clarify the wall of text the OP has, especially the magic system

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Cappuccina
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cappuccina » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:28 pm

Asardia wrote:
Cappuccina wrote:Tag!!!

Glad to see more nations are interested! The Discord also had two(?) people who expressed interest as well. I'm here to answer any questions and clarify the wall of text the OP has, especially the magic system

Nice!!!

I'm really interested in making a Censorate character, particularly a Hand of the Gods. If I'm understanding correctly, the Censorate is pretty much like the CIA or KGB?

Apparently, I'm an INFP

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:34 pm

Cappuccina wrote:
Asardia wrote:

Nice!!!

I'm really interested in making a Censorate character, particularly a Hand of the Gods. If I'm understanding correctly, the Censorate is pretty much like the CIA or KGB?

They're more of a KGB type organization. I think the best way to describe it is that the Censorate would be like a mix of a court and security agency. The Censorate is actually based on the real life Chinese Censorate too

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Cappuccina
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cappuccina » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:40 pm

Asardia wrote:
Cappuccina wrote:Nice!!!

They're more of a KGB type organization. I think the best way to describe it is that the Censorate would be like a mix of a court and security agency. The Censorate is actually based on the real life Chinese Censorate too

Since it pertains to my upcoming character, what's the difference between a normal Censorate agent and a Hand of the Gods?

Apparently, I'm an INFP

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:02 pm

Cappuccina wrote:
Asardia wrote:

Since it pertains to my upcoming character, what's the difference between a normal Censorate agent and a Hand of the Gods?

The Hand of the Gods is the one who really orders the investigations and arrests and go on to perform the Arbitrator's orders. A normal agent merely carries out the orders both gave. Basically, the Hand of the Gods is second in command

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Frachen
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Frachen » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:39 am

Asardia wrote:
Cappuccina wrote:Since it pertains to my upcoming character, what's the difference between a normal Censorate agent and a Hand of the Gods?

The Hand of the Gods is the one who really orders the investigations and arrests and go on to perform the Arbitrator's orders. A normal agent merely carries out the orders both gave. Basically, the Hand of the Gods is second in command

So Hand of the Gods is essentially Lavrentiy Beria??
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Cappuccina
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cappuccina » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:38 am

Frachen wrote:
Asardia wrote:

So Hand of the Gods is essentially Lavrentiy Beria??

LOL, that'd be interesting. Though at this point I'm debating whether my character will be a HoG or the Deputy Imperial Arbitrator.... don't know how much different those two positions are.
Last edited by Cappuccina on Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Apparently, I'm an INFP

Frachen
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Frachen » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:45 am

Cappuccina wrote:
Frachen wrote:So Hand of the Gods is essentially Lavrentiy Beria??

LOL, that'd be interesting. Though at this point I'm debating whether my character will be a HoG or the Deputy Imperial Arbitrator.... don't know how much different those two positions are.

Eh, I would recommend the former simply to add a bit of spice to where I'm taking things....Nightmare is our boy....
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Cappuccina
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cappuccina » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:59 am

Frachen wrote:
Cappuccina wrote:LOL, that'd be interesting. Though at this point I'm debating whether my character will be a HoG or the Deputy Imperial Arbitrator.... don't know how much different those two positions are.

Eh, I would recommend the former simply to add a bit of spice to where I'm taking things....Nightmare is our boy....

I agree I was leaning more towards that. I like the idea of investigations into the underbelly of the Empire. :p

Apparently, I'm an INFP

DeltaSource
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby DeltaSource » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:05 pm

Cappuccina wrote:
Frachen wrote:Eh, I would recommend the former simply to add a bit of spice to where I'm taking things....Nightmare is our boy....

I agree I was leaning more towards that. I like the idea of investigations into the underbelly of the Empire. :p

Goooood
Games I'm Playing Atm:
Persona 5 Royal
Genshin Impact

West Bromwich Holme
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby West Bromwich Holme » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:36 pm

This RP sounds good, and I'm late into the gameplay here, but I'm interested in participating - as a house/dynasty rather than one character.

Family/House Name: House Malmström
Head of House: Anneka Malmström
Insignia/Symbol (optional):
Motto (optional): Kraften är ädla och vacker Power is noble, but beautiful - Swedish
Faction Alignment: In truth, none really; for them, profit decides who they align with.
Elemental Affinity/magical prowess (what element does this family specialize in, if any? What other magical abilities does your this family have?): This family have an esoteric magic which allows them to control owls (uggla/ugglor), giving them strength and power beyond their normal abilities. This family also have arcane magic such as freezing someone at a specific age, for a set period of time, but this is highly specialized and leaves the user feeling in a state of temporary burning-like sensation for 3-4 hours. Shapeshifting powers can be granted and took away at will, but they have the limit of females can only shapeshift into females, males only into males, and the powers do not work on any other species but human. Healing is also a thing, but for supernatural things, not mundane medicine.
History: This dynasty has a long history, and powerful women rule the family. They have been noted as healers and magicians who help people for a long, long time, seen as wise women rather than witches. Although Swedish (well 1/2 Swedish and 1/2 Finnish, so technically Finnish-speaking Swede or Swedish-speaking Finn), this family spread far and wide, up to The Salyan Empire.
Outside of magic, for them, trading is their day job and a passion - they are skilled traders and negotiators, with things like wheat, wine, ambers, wool, iron being their daily sales and deliveries. House Malmstrom are known for their ability to get deals done.
One of the house members, Annikafjore Malmstrom (not the head of house) looks very similar to Lady Donna (now Lord Dono) Vorrutyer from A Civil Campaign by Lois McMaster-Bujold.
Additional Information: This is a matriarchy not a patriarchy. To them, marriages are for love, rather than political unions, and magic is not a corrupter, but makes them super-enhanced.
To the Malmstrom household, they go against the Swedish taboo of talking about money; to be fair, they are half-Swedish, half-Finnish, and speak both languages.

Alcohol and food are considered good presents; the family are also noted for their large feasts, and also giving food to beggars (to them, it is a moral/social obligation) and trying to do some good in their lives.

This family don't want to be political; they just want to try and live their lives and be a force of good in the kingdom,if possible.

This application can be improved, I'm trying to find a suitable House application in the thread to work from as a source for style and tone.
Last edited by West Bromwich Holme on Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly Astholm. I am no longer using the account Astholm.

DeltaSource
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby DeltaSource » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:54 pm

West Bromwich Holme wrote:This RP sounds good, and I'm late into the gameplay here, but I'm interested in participating - as a house/dynasty rather than one character.

Family/House Name: House Malmström
Head of House: Anneka Malmström
Insignia/Symbol (optional):
Motto (optional): Kraften är ädla och vacker Power is noble, but beautiful - Swedish
Faction Alignment: In truth, none really; for them, profit decides who they align with.
Elemental Affinity/magical prowess (what element does this family specialize in, if any? What other magical abilities does your this family have?): This family have an esoteric magic which allows them to control owls (uggla/ugglor), giving them strength and power beyond their normal abilities. This family also have arcane magic such as freezing someone at a specific age, for a set period of time, but this is highly specialized and leaves the user feeling in a state of temporary burning-like sensation for 3-4 hours. Shapeshifting powers can be granted and took away at will, but they have the limit of females can only shapeshift into females, males only into males, and the powers do not work on any other species but human. Healing is also a thing, but for supernatural things, not mundane medicine.
History: This dynasty has a long history, and powerful women rule the family. They have been noted as healers and magicians who help people for a long, long time, seen as wise women rather than witches. Although Swedish (well 1/2 Swedish and 1/2 Finnish, so technically Finnish-speaking Swede or Swedish-speaking Finn), this family spread far and wide, up to The Salyan Empire.
Outside of magic, for them, trading is their day job and a passion - they are skilled traders and negotiators, with things like wheat, wine, ambers, wool, iron being their daily sales and deliveries. House Malmstrom are known for their ability to get deals done.
One of the house members, Annikafjore Malmstrom (not the head of house) looks very similar to Lady Donna (now Lord Dono) Vorrutyer from A Civil Campaign by Lois McMaster-Bujold.
Additional Information: This is a matriarchy not a patriarchy. To them, marriages are for love, rather than political unions, and magic is not a corrupter, but makes them super-enhanced.
To the Malmstrom household, they go against the Swedish taboo of talking about money; to be fair, they are half-Swedish, half-Finnish, and speak both languages.

Alcohol and food are considered good presents; the family are also noted for their large feasts, and also giving food to beggars (to them, it is a moral/social obligation) and trying to do some good in their lives.

This family don't want to be political; they just want to try and live their lives and be a force of good in the kingdom,if possible.

This application can be improved, I'm trying to find a suitable House application in the thread to work from as a source for style and tone.

I like this idea, I say it looks fine....Asardia is OP tho.
Games I'm Playing Atm:
Persona 5 Royal
Genshin Impact

Cappuccina
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cappuccina » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:11 pm

Update! My app is about 75~80% finished, just working out my bio lol. It should be posted sometime tomorrow evening. :)
Last edited by Cappuccina on Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Apparently, I'm an INFP

DeltaSource
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby DeltaSource » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:12 pm

Cappuccina wrote:Update! My app is about 75~80% finished, just working out my bio lol. It should be posted sometime tomorrow evening. :)

great!
Games I'm Playing Atm:
Persona 5 Royal
Genshin Impact

5pb
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby 5pb » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:32 pm

Asardia wrote:
DeltaSource wrote:It's the next decade and we're still waiting on that post.....I had to......

badum tss

You ever want to hurl your laptop out a window? While typing my post and listening to the Dark Souls 3 OST it froze. Lightly salted 5pb here!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse