NATION

PASSWORD

World Cup 84- RP Thread (IC)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

HUElavia
Minister

Founded: Jun 04, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby HUElavia » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:42 pm

HUElavia get a Historical Victory against Mercedini!

HUElavia came into these qualifiers as a potent Pot 4 team, with the most notable draw in the group was between them and Mercedini. These two had previously met in the World Cup 83 Qualifiers where HUElavia upsetted Mercedini 4-2 on the road, before Mercedini returned the favor and gave a 1-2 defeat to Los Amarillos in Curumba in the return leg, which was the start of the difficulties the team had in their eventual failure to qualify for the Final Tournament. For this rematch, it was played in Curumba once again, but this time, in the Estadio Capital, where a sold out crowd of 90,000 was cheering and roaring for Los Amarillos.

The first half was very tense with both teams doing tactical passes which led to an eventual shot the would either be blocked by the goalies or go wide. The only notable occasion was a cross by Gallegos met the leg of Petit that went into the net in the 41st minute, which led the crowd to jump up and celebrate, only for it to be called off for offside, after VAR revealed that in the buildup to the cross, Petit was a fraction over the line. The crowd groaned with the goal disallowed, and the first half ended 0-0.

The second half saw a spark once again by HUElavia, as an error by Brindliev, who lost control of the ball, allowed Petit to get the ball and go one-on-one with Hosset, where he slotted it between Hosset's legs into the net, making it 1-0 in the 51st minute. The crowd began to jump and cause the stadium to rumble from the celebrations as HUElavia took a vital lead. This lead was short lived, as in the 55th minute, a corner whipped in by Garzallo met the head of Dostalok to tie the match at 1-1, with the Mercedini fans cheering in their section for the goal. This goal gave reason for a substitution to be made, with Gonzalez being subbed off for HUElavian wonderkid Marc Navarro who came in right before the restart of the game. Navarro would once again make a name for himself, as a cross by Marchena allowed Navarro to leap up once again and score a fantastic bicycle kick goal to make it 2-1. The bench and crowd erupted from the spectacular goal, with Navarro being mobbed by the players while the stadium shook from the celebration. Mercedini was now behind in the same scoreline they had when they defeated Los Amarillos, but they looked lost as the match progressed, and eventually in the 83rd minute, Navarro took a long, blistering shot to test Hosset, only for it to go over the goalkeeper into the back of the net, making it 3-1. Navarro was mobbed once again, with the crowd erupting and celebrating the goal and the vital victory. Once the whistle blew, all of HUElavia celebrated as they got revenge for the previous defeat in Curumba.

With the victory, HUElavia keeps pace with Starblaydia for the direct qualification, as both have 9 points. Although, Starblaydia's 5-2 win against Folmara expands their growing Goal Difference to +10, while HUElavia has +3. HUElavia are in a good run so far and will have Matchday 5 on the road, visiting Tara & Cambray, where HUElavia are seen as General favorites. After that, HUElavia will be hosting Starblaydia in Sao Salvador in what may be 1st Place up for grabs. Regardless, the entire country supports and has great optimism for the national football team for the matches going forward.

FORCA HUELAVIA! VAMOS HUELAVIA! GO HUELAVIA!

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Newmanistan » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:11 pm

THE ROCKET REPORT

ROCKETS BLASTING THROUGH EARLY FOES

by Brianne Henry,

Newmanistan’s toughest games in the group will be down the road. However, you never want to drop early points, and so far the Rockets have done that. By defeating Kandorith to start things off on the road, and routing Islas Aaland, Newmanistan went to Aimena and played a solid road game, winning by the score of 1-0. Up next, the team will head to Springfield as the renovated “Paddock”, home of the Springfield Thoroughbreds, gets set to for its rare opportunity to host a World Cup qualifying game. The opponent will be another of the group’s weaker teams, Joyea. Things get tougher for the Rockets after this match, though they cannot look past this one. After this match are Acronius, a nation with a better ranking then us, though they have not played like that. Pius Delongname is after that, and following that match are Audioslavia and Sargossa, back to back.

Manager Miguel Hernandez is not looking ahead to the upcoming schedule, and does not apologize for taking care of business against the weaker opposition, “It is a cliche that you can only play the team that they schedule you against. There is no room for dropping points, and it is critical to get these first 12. So far, we have nine of them, and Joyea is the last must-win of this group. Starting 4-0-0 would be wonderful, and is the goal of this team. We can start looking beyond that after this match, we have to make sure we get that fourth one. You look at the top three teams, rank wise, in this group, and they are not dropping anything whatsoever.” While it is true that our most important group mates have been perfect, many eyes were also on the Audioslavia-Sargossa match, which was won by Audioslavia, 2-1. It remains to be seen if Newmanistan has a rooting preference between those two nations.

The 1-0 win over Aimena gave keeper Ryan McNamara his second clean sheet of the tournament. Aimena had their best chances in the first half, but McNamara always seemed to be in good position. He told us afterwards, “Even when Aimena had ball possession, the defense did a great job playing the angles, and allowing me to have a good look at the ball and how things were setting up the whole time. They got some shots on net, but thanks to the play in front of me, I was able to come up with the stop. They did the hard work, even if it didn’t really look like it to people watching. Their positioning was excellent.” The match was scoreless until the waning moments of the first half, when Jarrell Connolly scored his first goal of qualifying. Newmanistan has scored eight goals in the tournament, and have six different people who have scored them. Manager Hernandez was sure to pick up on that, “You look at some of our older teams, like in the days of J-Mac and Junior, the goal scoring was a little too focused on getting the ball to one or two players. That is not the case with this team, we can get goals from anyone. It’s not about stats with this team at all. All that matters is what is on the scoreboard.” Hernandez also got good news when told that Jorge Cortez will not miss any action. He appeared to injure his leg in the 59th minute, and was subbed off. It was suspected that it was just a cramp, but he did have X-rays done. Those confirmed that there were no muscular injuries, and that it could be considered just a case of cramping.

Onward we go! The team is healthy, helped in part by having a recent bye and not having a real physically demanding match yet. That will come in time but at least we know that the team is taking of the opponents at hand in the meantime.
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

Trolleborg
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Trolleborg » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:47 pm

TROLLEBORG - SARZONIA

The interest in the game is very great, and after a successful three-dimensional broadcast of the first match in Ice Palace, it was decided to hold such an events at sports facilities throughout the country. The question of feedback is also on the way of being solved, but this, as the FA commented on us, is still a matter of the future, even if not far off. It is estimated that about a million people will watch matches in this format and about 10 billion on standard television.

This time the preparation for the match will not be carried out as usual, we can do without fireworks, giant flags in the stands, a concert and other pleasures, in connection with the misfortune that befell our guests. To honour memory of the late Sarzonia coach, Trolleborg team go to the field with black armband, and many fans, national leader and king both included, also put them. King personally give a big basket of black lilly, our traditional symbol of grief, to the visiting delegation for the family of the deceased and add something in the box for Oostrom’s daughter. Black lillies have a habit to live almost six months and then change a colour to white, i.e. colour of hope, and live then as much time as good care provided for them.

Three new players received calls to the national team, but the whole three remained on the bench today. Apparently, today the coach decided to give a chance to the players who were on the field in Brigantii.
Today, fans may have problems identifying who is who on the field, because Jovan Tro, as a self-punishment, has completely shaved his head and face – and we all know, how much he appreciate his usual look. “My performance was awful. Maybe it would be better if “Lucky” Koolen went on the field instead of me. I have to rethink my game and come up with something new. But believe me, my efforts to atone for the defeat will not end there”.

Well, let's see.

The Sarian
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sarian » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:28 pm

De BondSaari 1 - 3 Competitive Solitaire
'10 L. Aucs
'13 F. van de Laar
'82 F. van de Laar
90+3 R. Daniel

The Sarian Line-up (4-5-1): O. Duoztiun -- W. Beunaad, J. Pieuz, Z. Zamuuol (H. Brejzun, 65), D. Haum -- W. Buul, L. Bisop, N. Noriuz (J. Lauri, 65), L. Aucs, L. Bruux (M. Benuit, 58) -- W. Pauwelz

The Sarian still without a win: two things to improve, and how to improve them

1. Lack of cohesion

We've said it before, but it's worth repeating: a lack of communication in defence has meant that the side have relied on Oodel Duoztiun far too much. Jaxon Pieuz, the team captain, has to face the brunt of this due to his seniority but it is endemic on all players. Against Eastfield Lodge, there was an improvement when team-mates Zej Zamuuol and Moerius Kindvandoenaulld lined-up together. This may be a solution, but long-term success cannot be built on the back of who someone plays with at a club level. Elsewhere, the midfield have sometimes looked like clumsy additions. Admittedly, the defensive set-up has meant that many players lack the role which they play for their club side but for the best players of a nation, this should not be an excuse.

The remedy: Sadly, this is something that can only improve with time - but as The Sarian lies at the bottom of the qualification table, this is little comfort. Before qualification started, the team should have spent more time together and even got game time in the way of friendly or exhibition matches, but nonetheless this did not occur. It may be tempting to recommend picking a side based on club-cohesion, but this is just a short term fix. Further, the top LegaSaari sides play an attacking football which would be unsuitable against the calibre of opponents faced thus-far. In defence, a Tiugz FC line-up is maybe more doable but I still believe the National Team should be trying to harness the best out of its best, which will yield greater long-term results than a prefab line-up.

2. Where are the chances?

In three games, The Sarian have managed two goals: a clever tap in by Wera Pauwlez against Eastfield Lodge and a Lizette Aucs free-kick against Competitive Solitaire. Frankly, we should be grateful that it is so many because both represented a conversion of the few chances that the side had both games. The blame for this is two-fold, first the midfield has looked completely unconvincing as a playmaking unit (perhaps with the exception of Lizette Aucs) and Wera Pauwlez has failed to shine when she has received the ball. A lack of cohesion may be partially to blame, but the problem feels more fundamental: the attacking set-up is completely wrong. There is no-one taking control and dictating how to build an attack, and the decisions made are largely predictable.

The solution: Move Lizette Aucs or Nicau Noriuz in a more attacking-midfield position behind Wera Pauwlez, and use them to dictate the pace and destination of attacks. Someone needs to step up and lead the midfield, and this seems like the perfect solution which will also provide greater clarity of role for the whole midfield. The side also needs to be more competent on moving the ball forward for the counter-attack: something that seems frankly ridiculous to need to write given the emphasis on defence on the squad. Wera Pauwlez needs to step up her form, or someone else should be given a chance to shine.
Last edited by The Sarian on Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE SARI UNION · DE BONDSAARI

Domestic Newswire · Saari CricDatabase

Kelssek
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kelssek » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:49 pm

“I’ll take these coins, if you insist on paying with them. I still say you should try putting them on the internet. Just what I would do, you never know what a collector’s gonna give you for old ones like that. Anything older than the sixties will have actual silver in them, you know?”

Aninyel watched the convenience store owner poke through the handful of coins she’d attempted to use to pay for several newspapers, two apples, and some jerky. He counted out the right amount and pushed a few of them back across the counter. Then he picked out two small gold coins and put them on Aninyel’s side of the counter too.

“These ones, though... they aren’t really money. Not any more. Fact, they’re probably worth a lot more than two thalers, or crowns, I guess.”

Aninyel had already realized about 30 seconds in to this interaction that she should have paid a bit more attention to the coins she’d had stuck in the bottom of a chest after returning from a trip to the human realm and forgotten about for close to a hundred years. Not that the syfirithin elves were trying to keep themselves a secret (hard to do when one of them was on TV playing for the national team all the time), but the general thinking was that the more unobtrusively they went about their business among the humans of Kelssek, the better.

“Well, you’ve been most kind,” she said. “I will certainly look in to it.”

The shopkeeper nodded. “Your receipt?”

“Thank you.” Aninyel pocketed the slip of paper.

“Have a nice day now.”

Leinranie had dismounted and let the horses crop the grass while she waited. “No trouble, I hope?”

“No. It seems Queen Emilia III is long dead, and Guedian Kingdom money is no good in ‘Kelssek’, but I should try selling them to a museum. I should have paid more attention when Galain was telling me about those plastic cards he says they use now.”

“As they say, time moves faster out here.” Leinranie took the newspapers and checked the sports section. “Yes, this is what Galain was asking for. Wants all the punditry ahead of Kelssek vs. Valanora again, it seems. Shall we stop in Forest Home on the way? Or do you want to go straight back to the forest?”

“As you wish. I think I got all the artificing components I needed,” Aninyel said, tapping the bag full of assorted solar cells, circuit boards, and small tools. “That EconoBarn was the most massive store I’ve ever been in.”

“Hah,” Leinranie said, skimming through the pages of the newspaper...

Position title: General Manager, Senior National Team
Type: Full time, permanent
Salary: competitive

Are you a motivated self-starter with excellent leadership abilities and experience in professional soccer? Are you looking for an exciting and challenging role with a world-class sports organization? The national federation governing association football in Kelssek is searching for a candidate with integrity, passion, and determination to succeed for the position of General Manager, Senior National Team. The primary purpose of this role is to lead, inspire, and motivate a team of elite professionals to achieve sporting excellence. This position is accountable to the board of directors for the success of the senior national team in the World Cup and other international competitions.

The successful candidate will hold the following competencies:
  • A Football Kelssek Professional Coach Licence (or foreign equivalent) is an essential qualification
  • Extensive first-hand experience and proven success at working with players in the professional game at the first-team level.
  • Highly resilient and able to work under severe pressure
  • Outstanding, up-to-date knowledge of best practices in professional coaching and tactics
  • Fosters strong relationships within the organization while serving as a respected ambassador for it
  • A working knowledge of English is essential and a working knowledge of French is a significant asset.

Main responsibilities
  • Squad selection, tactical direction, and coaching at all matches contested by the senior national team
  • As the leader of a team of coaches, take charge of training sessions and set directions and priorities for the Senior National Team
  • Oversee and work closely with national age-group teams and scouting staff to ensure excellence in player development
  • Communicate with media outlets and supporter organizations as required
  • Maintain strong relationships with professional clubs and leagues in Kelssek and other countries
  • Represent Football Kelssek’s values and commitment to excellence at all times

About this employer
Football Kelssek is a non-profit organization which provides leadership in the pursuit of excellence in soccer at national and international levels, and delivers exceptional programs and services to promote the sport in Kelssek in cooperation with key partners and stakeholders. We provide pathways for talented players to excel and to encourage community and stakeholder involvement at all levels. We serve the nearly four million registered active participants in soccer in Kelssek, with over 4,000 clubs that operate in every corner of the country.

Football Kelssek promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion and encourages applications from everyone. Our policies are designed to ensure no applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of visible minority status, sex, gender, ethnicity, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, If you have any requirements in respect of the recruitment process, please mention this in your cover letter.

Hampton Island
Envoy

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hampton Island » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:25 pm

Setting: Locker Room A Couple Hours Prior To Warmups for Zwangzug Match
Conversation between Cameron Allwine and Matt Prosser, both of whom are “real” soccer players.

Prosser: Time to get going, Zwangzug is a nice country. Seems like a place I would want to visit.

Allwine: It was at the top of my list of places I was most excited to go to for this tournament. They won some baseball championships back in the day.

Prosser: Is our bear still going to be around for the next World Baseball Classic?
Allwine: I hope not. I am tired of these stupid gimmicks.

Prosser: Hey man what is that second bottle up on the rack next to your vitamins?

Allwine: Second bottle? I only brought one. (Looks up) I don’t remember bringing what that was. (Grabs it).

Prosser: What the hell, man, you can’t take those.

Allwine: Where the hell did these come from?

(Dean “The Dream” Greene overhears. This is one of the male models).

Greene: (takes immediate picture). What the fuck man, you can’t take that shit!

Allwine: You just need to get out of my face, kid. Delete that fucking picture now! You probably put this shit in here.

Prosser: I had nothing to do with it. I was just sitting here.

(Greene leaves locker room to show manager Sanders).

Allwine: Fucking punk, get back here!

Prosser: I doubt it’s a good picture, just dump that shit, can’t prove anything. Don’t get all worked up, we have a game to play.

Allwine: He’s that much of a snitch, really. No one is that big of a snitch. He planted it.

Prosser: I got your back if he says something.

(Meanwhile, Greene shows manager Sanders the picture)

Greene: Got the picture coach, it worked.

Sanders: Like, let me see it!

Greene: Here!

Sanders: What the hell! You suck at taking pictures. Like, all you see is his hand covering the bottle. Like, we can’t use this!

Greene: Sorry.

Sanders: I hope there is like some sort of video footage of him like holding the bottle. Or else this exercise was like totally pointless.

Greene: I guess I don’t get my reward?

Sanders: Hell no!
Campionato Esportiva 28 Champions
Two-time World Cup Qualifier (85, 86)
NSSCRA Also-rans

New Lusitania and the Algarves
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 02, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby New Lusitania and the Algarves » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:28 pm

STL|Serviços de Transmissão Lusitana
Sport | Football|
World Cup 84

A POINT WELL EARNED
Ko-oren 0-0 New Lusitania
@Orange Bowl, Schmerdrecht (Att: 53 274)

As expected a sell out in Ko-oren as New Lusitania arrived to play an important match in their path. In Schmerdrecht, everything is ready on a particularly cold evening. Ten degrees the thermometer showed as the game went under way in the portuary and industrious city of Schmerdrecht. On the Lusitanian side, no one was giving any chance away as Patrice started in goal with Guerreiros, Leiteiro and Cancela in defence. Nevais, Fernando, Gama and Veiga in midfield as Jota and Silveira completed the team. For Ko-oren, Sterinthen also with a usual squad. A goalie who knows the pitch well, Goossen between the sticks today with Dalton, van Schelven, Mizuno, Lampshire and Hellegeland in the five man wall, as Batchelor, Janorierinthen and Longchambon started in the middle of the park with Vaugrenoa and Novoa up front.
A great match contested with plenty of chances but none in the back of the net. During the first half, the home side seemed to have the upper hand, with a great shot from Longchambon in the top left corner and a free kick by Batchelor providing some of the highlights. New Lusitania's top chance was a cross by Nevais into the box which went just wide with Fernando's shot.
Past halftime, the Selecção had grown more accustomed to their surroundings and started on a better foot. Silveira did in fact manage to put the ball in the net only for it to be called offside by the linesman. The Dragonfly nation got a few more good chances in namely by the strikers Novoa and Vaugrenoa including a great header from a corner situation. In the end it was a goalless draw, albeit an exciting one. Some fans will consider this match to have a fair conclusion but either way it's an important point won for both sides. FULL TIME: 0-0

Around the Grounds: Group 15
In the other stadia of the fifteenth group, there were some goals, as well as the usual thrills and spills. Leaders Eshan took the day off meaning Eraman took the chance to join them on nine points after their victory at Indusse. Top seed Apox drew at Grod Island by a goal, a result the home side will surely be happy with as they got off the mark. Barfleur grabbed their first win at Tarchusland (1-2) as the final match as Aldaveria also beat the ZSeperatists by the same result. So, Eshan and Eraman lead on nine, the former with one game less. Apox and Ko-oren follow on eight as New Lusitania continue two points behind. Indusse are then on four as the ZSeperatists, Barfleur and Aldaveria stay on three. Meanwhile Grod Island and Tarchusland are on one, with plenty still to play for.

THE HUB
GOALS: Silveira, Veiga, Gui. Paciência, Gama
ASSISTS: Fernando (2), Gama, Mário
CARDS: Guerreiros, Fernando,
INJURIES: None to Report

ADDITIONAL INFO:

LATEST STATS
World Cup 83 Quals
Top Goalscorers: Silveira (11)
Assists: Fernando (8)
-------------------------------------
Matchday: Internationals
coverage of the best
STL1 22:00 GMT
-----------------------------------
World Cup 84
The best of the action on STL, your National Broadcaster.
New Lusitania in exclusive.
-----------------------------------
STL in association with FLF
MMXIX
Last edited by New Lusitania and the Algarves on Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
NEW LUSITANIA AND THE ALGARVES

PROUD MEMBER OF THE IDU \ Trigramme: NLA
Embassy Program - Closed
Champions of IAC9, 3rd IAC6
3G, 2S, 2B at the IDU Olympics'19
Semi-finalist of the WPIC 3 [Water Polo]
Almost made it to World Cup 80 (3rd in Group) as well as World Cup 81 (lost playoff)

Siovanija and Teusland
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Siovanija and Teusland » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:55 pm

”Halftime here at Dreamers Park, and the Goldhorns are fighting a tough battle with Poafmersia, all square 1-1 at the break. We’ll have all the first half analysis on RBC Sports One…”

Karl-Heinz Jager walked off the Dreamers Park pitch with an air of annoyance in his step. It was, in his mind, 135 minutes now of poor football by the Goldhorns. A surprise 1-0 loss at home against Lochario, and now starting off quite tepid against Poafmersia.

It wasn’t just the team’s performance Jager was upset with. He himself hadn’t been brilliant against Lochario, missing a header that would’ve prevented the winning goal. Tonight as well, a miscommunication between himself and Raphael Klopfer had allowed Pete Carisa through, and he would take total advantage of that to give his country a 1-0 lead. The audible groan from the Goldhorn fans in the stadium told the story.

It was Krasimir Kynev who had drawn the Goldhorns level shortly before the half, giving some hope that things were moving in the direction of the visitors. But soon after, it was the same mistakes seen against Lochario: poor passing, too many people trying to take over the game themselves, and a lack of urgency. Jager’s annoyance was clearly matched in the faces of his 10 teammates as they entered the change room.

“Come on lads, it has to be better than that,” shouted Thorsten Kramer. There were murmurs in the room from several players, Ivo Romanov and Krasimir Kynev involved in what seemed to be a bit of an argument over a play late in the half. Jager himself and Raphael Klopfer cleared the air over the mistake that had led to the goal, the national team captain assuring Jager that they would be perfectly fine in the second half.

The team then sat back and waited for Gavin Hughes and the assistants to address them. Jager felt this wasn’t enough, though. Obviously the manager’s words could inspire the team on, and had in the past, but something was telling Jager that he needed to speak up. The atmosphere in the dressing room reminded him of that in his FC Teussen Stelburg room during their double-winning campaign. After a 3-1 home loss to FC St. Jakob, Jager had told the team in no uncertain terms that there had to be an improvement. While this situation didn’t call for the same intensity, Jager still felt something needed to be said.

“Hey, hey, lads, listen up. I think we can all agree that the performance we just put out there was unacceptable. It’s been unacceptable from the kick-off against Lochario, let’s be honest. And I’m sure everyone has a reason why they should be to blame, or maybe why they should not be to blame. But look, it’s all in the past now. We need to rally around each other, and back each other in everything out there.”

The room fell silent as they listened to Jager. Pointing to the edelweiss badge on the shirt, he continued: “We’re not going to get through this by trying to put on a one-man show. We’re playing for this (the badge). We’re playing for our country. Your family back home. We are playing for 75 million people. We should’ve, honestly, been booed off in Borograd: that was terrible. The fans sang the national anthem instead. They are totally behind us. We need to be totally behind each other if we want to get anywhere. Let’s fight, together, in this second half: this one is there for the taking.”

“He’s right lads, let’s go!” called out Ivo Romanov. Thorsten Kramer nodded his agreement. Raphael Klopfer gave him a pat on the back as he sat down, the man who had been quite the mentor to Jager proud of his friend. The team were raring to get back out as the manager came into the room. Seeing the team full of energy, he left the talk to mainly tactical adjustments: Kramer, get further forward. Romanov, you can beat Pickford with pace, let’s see more of that. As the 15 minutes expired, there was a renewed belief in the eyes of each Goldhorn.

The team took their places for the second half, as the visiting fans roared them on. Kynev touched off to Romanov to open the half, who sent it back to Mihailov. Mihailov held onto the ball, then saw no options available ahead of him. He sent a pass back instead for Klopfer, who played it to Jager. Jager looked ahead of him, and saw an opportunity developing.

”Here’s Jager...long ball over the top meets the run of Romanov perfectly, here comes Ivo Romanov, oh he beats Alex Pickford cleanly, the ball is put in...Kynev! Krasimir Kynev gives the Goldhorns a 2-1 lead just 24 seconds into the half. An incredible start from Siovanija & Teusland, you could sense the determination as they returned to the pitch for this half, and they get off to a flyer in the second half!”

The Goldhorns celebrated wildly in front of the away fans. Their dominance continued in the second half, as they kept the ball away from Poafmersia and had several strong opportunities at goal. Another would come off the boot of Thorsten Kramer, having received a pass from Viktor Dimitrov before sending a low drive past Sandi Jaliaha. 3-1 for a rejuvenated Goldhorn side.

”Substitution for the Goldhorns now, it’s Raphael Klopfer coming off, the captain applauding the team and supporters who’ve travelled, he’ll be replaced by Niels Kronthaler here with 12 minutes to go plus stoppage time.”

As Klopfer walked off, he passed the captain’s armband to Jager. “Karl, a great leader leads through example and action,” Klopfer said as he walked off. The other vice-captain, Thorsten Kramer, one of Jager’s closest friends in the team, gave him a nod and a smile. The Goldhorns closed out their 3-1 win with little to no trouble, now focused on the home match with Bolgano. For Karl-Heinz Jager, he’d remember the day as the first time he would ever captain his country, and also for a moment he hoped would serve as a turning point for his national team.

Match Report
Siovanija and Teusland 3-1 Poafmersia, @ Dreamers Park, Poafmersia

Lineup: Heuser; L. Dimitrov, Klopfer (Kronthaler 78’), Jager, Lotbiniere; Mihailov, Kramer, V. Dimitrov (Brotzmann 70’); Romanov, Leistner, Kynev
Goals: Krasimir Kynev 42’, 46’, Thorsten Kramer 66’
Stelburger Zeitung Man of the Match: Krasimir Kynev
The United Republics of Siovanija & Teusland
Capital: Borograd | Population: 74,245,000 | Demonyms: Siovanijan, Teus | Country Code: STL

World Cup of Hockey 40, 41 & 42 Champions ⋆ World Junior Hockey Championship 14 Champions

Zwangzug
Issues Editor

Founded: Oct 19, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zwangzug » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:58 pm

Kairothletes: one down, seven to go

So our new patch is for WC74', in which Nephara showcase gender-neutral, albeit pixelated and eight-bit, kits in their championship. This requires flipping WC61.

We are going to need this for two characters, Susanna and Sâálvó (the diacritics on that one are fun times). Unfortunately, the two of them and Gasandar create some difficult interdependencies: Gasandar wants the true WC64, which will not be able to happen while WC61 is flipped; however, Sâálvó and Gasandar both want the alternate WC80. So it will be hard to resolve them all in order. But, like the footballers we celebrate, we just have to take the challenges as they come.

So we'll go ahead and play a "reverse fate" inverter on WC61. Instead of Kirola Sportswear dazzling and blinding fans, the Audioslavian parliament will coldheartedly outlaw fractals. This means that the Bulls do not win the World Cup and AOCAF double-double in cycle 64 (those were really powerful kits), nor does Kirola's women's style of jersey prove popular among Nephara fans. WC73 is still intact, since it hinges on multiple linchpins, but in a more tentative status. Then we'll play the WC74' patch to resolve that paradox with the new Cormorant kits.

And look at that, we drew the WC13L' patch Raq needed! Now instead of dealing with the voodoo dice, Kaze Progressan scientists will spend their time tinkering with the semi-eponymous KPB rankings. Which should be simpler now without the Cups of Harmony being added to the weighted sums. Let's play it!

With the current timeline showing WC13L', WC67', and WC37 (Zwangzug lose a penalty shootout in the semifinals against Demot, unsurprisingly given their formational issues), Raq has completed his quest and can be returned to his home.

Raq wrote:There’s more to life than sports—I want to experience the great music and art of the past, too. Well, occasionally that intersects with sports, but let’s not make a habit of it.
Maybe a Progressan?

Wow, more inverters. Another general use, and another restricted one--this limited by era, rather than theme. It allows us to flip any linchpin during Zwangzug's era: the team's foundation, the "innovation" of the 3-2-1-2-3, the rise of the M.O.R.T in Candelaria And Marquez, or the creation of the MUFN. We already know we don't need the MORT to be tampered with, and it turns out we don't want to change the MUFN or the formation stuff either. (In the multiplayer variant there are several different patches for the "unstable nexus" of WC42, due to its significance to Zwangzug, but none of these characters really want to tinker with that.)

We could go back and prevent the team from being created, which would be good for trelisua, Gasandar and Saturn. But it's bad for Susanna, who wants the WC42 final to go down as it did in our world. And because she already has the WC74' patch, we want to resolve her first before moving on. So, maybe let's hold off on that?

We'll hold onto that card and instead use a more general reverter. I mentioned that WC73 was in flux; Kirola doesn't exist to produce the historic kits for Krytenia's 1000th game, but that might go on as scheduled...if their most iconic journalist, and his very iconic name, are there to commentate it. And for that to happen, he has to lose a bet.

So, let's do it. We journey all the way back to World Cup 25; Starblaydia do not win the title, the Orange-Blues of Rejistania claim a fifth championship in historic fashion, and Rameses Niblick III is no more.

(Angier 30, Saitta 72)
Factbook
IRC humor, (self-referential)
My issues
...using the lens of athletics to illustrate national culture, provide humor, interweave international affairs, and even incorporate mathematical theory...
WARNING: by construing meaning from this sequence of symbols, you have given implicit consent to the theory that words have noncircular semantic value and can be used to encode information about an external universe. Proceed with caution.

Taeshan
Senator

Founded: Aug 11, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Taeshan » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:03 pm

"Miles a big friendly win in Baker Park, can you take much from this big victory next time out at the Coliseum against Free Republics"?

"Don't let us get ahead of ourselves. Yes we just beat a top 10 side in the World, but let's face it. They're hosting the World Cup, they have nothing to prove. This is little more than a fitness match for them. They'll try stuff out, but they don't particularly care about the result. Holding them scoreless can be a confident boost for us, but we have to get our victories in games that matter."

"What can you get the squad to take away from this match"?

"Going into the match I told the squad I wanted a big test and I got it. I hope to do a similar thing by working out a Friendly for the second bye in Cassadaigua. It's an opportunity to play a great opponent, and get a chance to see a potential landing spot for a finals. If we make it. That is a huge if, we haven't played anyone of note yet, and sit third because of a bye and dropped points on the road. Free Republics is undefeated, without so much as a tie. This is our chance to take points off them early in the campaign at home and set the tone."

"You gave Xavier Melchoir his first cap in the match. What does this mean to him, and do you remember your first"?

"It means a lot to a young lad. He's been working hard, but we have a lot of strong midfielders. Without a real stranglehold on any game so far, and no real defensive stability he has been down the pecking order. With more subs in a friendly I made sure to give him that run out. As for my first of course I remember it. I may have earned 236 of them, but that is one of the highlights. First game, first goal, last game last goal. It took my whole career to make a World Cup...To score in a World Cup and the last kick of the ball was the lone goal, in my lone World Cup....I don't want these players to have that feeling moving forward."

"What can you do to keep them playing in World Cups moving forward."

"I've been realistic on our chances. A young squad, trying to make it twice in a row is a big ask...We have the talent, but maybe not the experience in the right places. Growing pains will be evident with this squad, but I think if we play well next match, and get victories against the pack, we can push to make it twice in a row. And hopefully more. If not, we've got something to build on, a future that so often we've thought we've had. Hopefully that future is now."
Champions - Copa Rushmori 22, Cup of Harmony 35, Di Bradini Cup 19, World Baseball Classic 13, Gridiron World Championships (World Bowl 0), World Bowl 34, World Lacrosse Championship 2

World Cup Qualifications-41, 44, 46, 59, 61(RoS), 62(Quarterfinals), 63 (RoS), 64 (Quarterfinals), 83, 84 (RoS), 85, 87

Hosts-Cup of Harmony 55, Copa Rushmori 14, Sporting World Cup 10,
Quidditch World Cup 10, World Cup of Hockey 41, World Cup 87

Kita-Hinode
Diplomat

Founded: May 03, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kita-Hinode » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:26 pm

HINODEJIN EMPIRE
IHFA to oversee changes to Hinodejin pyramid
Written by sports journalist Nanako Ichigo.

THE ETERNAL GATEWAY OF TENTAI CITY -
The Imperial Hinodejin Football Association revealed, recently, that the lowest level of domestic football in the empire would be seeing some massive changes for the 2142 season, following a national inquiry to the fans on whether they liked or not the existing set-up that the IHFA has employed where smaller teams play in a grand total of four different leagues.

Originally, Hinodejin football saw three regional leagues divided in Northern, Central and Southern. It worked fairly well at first but soon, these definitions had to be heavily stretched to fit in the ever-growing Empire. So far, the only additions to the regional level were the promotion of the formerly amateur level based after Mido-Hinode, which would be then renamed as the Golden Road Football League, named after the memorable corridor that starts in Mido-Hinode and ends somewhere west of the Hwangju plains while a Western Hinode League was formed in a rushed manner to fit in teams from the far west end of the Empire.

However, with further expansion of the empire, many regions remain unrepresented in professional football. Not to mention the additional takeover of Dreamplanet, forcing the Empire to also gobble up an entirely new league system featuring, at least, whatever teams were able to survive the war. Add all of that to the wishes of the Hinodejin Dependencies on the Outer Space being very keen of joining the pyramid with an effort of their own and you have a nightmare for the otherwise well-established pyramid.

Many proposals have since been commented by the heads of higher clubs of the Empire, those in the KiHi-League and the KiHi-League 2. The most favored proposal comes from the two teams of Mashu, Pascal and Hellowenia; which would push towards full reform of the regional level, dropping the classic Northern/Central/Western/Southern/Golden Road division for eight leagues, divided regionally. It's very likely that these would feature a league specifically for the Main Island, but also feature the northeastern glaciers, Hwangju, part of the former Meng Kingdom and the nearby steppes. Other proposed leagues would include an insular tournament involving Irishima, Kanteshima, Reishima, Mido-Hinode and nearby provinces while another one would probably focus on the Soshi-Moshika area, which has its' local media licking its' lips in anticipation.

What's certain is that both the Dependencies, the former Dreamplanet and Misei will join the pyramid in some way: the planet of Canvas has been heading up a proposed twenty-team league that would make advantage of fast space travelling while it's believed that some of the more prominent semi-professional sides will partner up with the survivor teams of Liga Dreamplanet to mount a league of their own. 2142 will certainly be a key year for Hinodejin football, regardless of how well the Empire does in the World Cup qualifiers, that's for sure.
Last edited by Kita-Hinode on Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Let the sun burn my eyes / Let it burn my back
At the beach / In my dreams / But you still
Champion: WC 75 and 76, CoH 74, U-15 WC 4 and 6, DBC 29 and 41, CE 21 and 24
hinodezenbaitai.co.hi/sports

The IC follow-up to Northern Sunrise Islands / Demonym: Hinodejin (singular, plural)

Timuria
Envoy

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Timuria » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:30 pm

Debate Creates More Questions Than Answers

by Yilmaz Ibrahim

The first debate of the election season is in the books, with the minor parties shining, particularly the TKP and SC leaders who have seen immediate rewards for their efforts. Though each party leader tried their best to avoid the questions, particularly Rahim Muhadow who faced a difficult time when he was confronted by Alparslan Timurtas over being a party too influenced by foreign nations. Ulku Guzelhayat clashed most intensely with Naz Dogancay, with Ms Guzelhayat coming out the winner of those exchanges, while Sabuktigin Imamoglu was left stunned by his outflanking to the left by Kemal Macaoglu. The obvious success of the minor parties compared to the larger ones has begun to cause question about whether the smaller parties will continue to drive down the vote of the larger ones potentially forcing some kind of minority government.

The headline voting intention shifted slightly with the minor parties squeezed tight by the major six parties, the SC spiked sharply in the polls, recovering some of the support they've lost over the course of the parliament. Meanwhile, BAHP has suffered a sharp decline after Rahim Muhadow's difficult night, with the unfair charge that he wasn't loyal to this country alone being leveled at him. The TKP recovered some of its lost voters with very effective attacks on TIOC. ALTI managed to stay steady at 12.2%, while OK slipped slightly further behind TIOC who only fell by 0.2%.

The two party preference poll showed little in the way of realignment, with TIOC losing a little ground despite the "left bloc" as they're know of TIOC, TKP and BAHP net gaining, indicating that some voters are not following purely ideological lines. This has begun to worry TIOC HQ with some claiming that the failure to pick up leftist votes against OK could lead to losing as many as 70 seats if the bloc should break.

The Prime Minister remains the most popular leader by some margin despite his difficult time in the debate, while Naz Dogancay is now definitely considered by the public the main opposition pulling ahead of Rahim Muhadow whose reputation has been damaged significantly, losing 4% of voters in the best Prime Minister poll. Ulku Guzelhayat has begun an upswing as has Kemal Macaoglu, with both doing well in the debate. While he was regarded as the best performer, Alparslan Timurtas hasn't improved his personal ratings, his own toxicity from his party likely preventing a big surge for him.

On these numbers the projected parliament would see all but the SC gain seats, with TIOC still set to increase their majority and OK set to gain at the expense of the SC. BAHP and the TKP are fighting over third party status and the benefits that brings, including extra resources for parliamentary work, while SC is now at risk of being the smallest parliamentary party, falling from third party status.

First Preference Voting Intention:

TIOC 33.8% (-0.2%)
OK 26.3% (-0.6%)
ALTI 12.2% (nc)
TKP 11% (+1.6%)
BAHP 8.3% (-1%)
SC 7% (+1.8%)
Oth 1.4%

Two Party Preference Poll:

TIOC 51.5% (-0.7%)
OK 48.5% (+0.7%)

Preference for Prime Minister:
Sabuktigin Imamoglu 30% (nc)
Naz Dogancay 21% (-1%)
Rahim Muhadow 18% (-4)
Ulku Guzelhayat 9% (+2%)
Kemal Macaoglu 6% (+1%)
Alparslan Timurtas 5% (nc)
None of these/Other 9%

Current projected Parliament (Changes with last election):
TIOC 306 (+21)
OK 144 (+22)
BAHP 30 (+13)
TKP 25 (+16)
ALTI 24 (+16)
SC 21 (-86)

Changes with the last election.

TIOC Majority of 62
The Artist Formerly Known as Kose

If you remember me from ages ago, send me a TG to say hi.

Baptism of Fire 71 Co-host

Recuecn
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Recuecn » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:05 pm

"Sorry, but how the FUCK do you lose to Tornado Queendom!?"

Bonheur Relié pissed. He was raging around the Unicorns' locker room, stomping and slamming lockers, yelling at the players as they trudged in from a match that somehow had felt so much longer than ninety minutes.

"We're fucking playing in our own stadium, putain! How does this happen!?" The tone of the assistant coach's yells made perfectly clear that this was anger rather than disappointment, yet somehow he also sounded genuinely confused by what had happened. How could Reçueçn have lost yet another game?

Franky winced as Relié stormed past and slammed shut the locker over his head. "The loss to Giesenfried could have just been bad luck. And Damukuni is a very difficult team to beat. But when we lose a fucking home game to a godforsaken backwater like Tornado Queendom, bordel... They didn't even publish a teamsheet before the match! What kind of association doesn't contact its opponents... espèces de connards!"

The players eyed each other nervously, not saying anything and unsure of how to react. When Tornado Queendom had scored in the first fifteen minutes and shut down the game after that, it had been been crushing, and it was hard to picture the RNFT more dejected as it walked off the pitch. But as each arriving player stepped into the lockerroom and caught part of Relié's rant, their mood of disappointment changed--they took offense and began to grow bitter. Looking around, you could see they were feeling defensive but didn't dare say anything. Lowered eyebrows, stares, and crossed arms filled the room, with the only exceptions being those in a rush to get changed and just get out of there. Tremblay was not present--the press had pulled him aside for a post match interview.

Franky shook his head. This wasn't good for the team spirit. If Relié was trying to motivate the team, he was doing it in exactly the wrong way. Relié had already bothered Franky before, but that had been more of a personal thing. This seemed like it could be a threat to team cohesion. Franky would have to do something.
rəswɛsən

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 22, 2004
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarzonia » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:17 pm

Years of training including a Ph.D. in psychology trained Kristi Rivers to deal with a spectrum of emotions.

Her specialisation in grief counseling prepared her for a lot of things, including the raw grief of someone losing a parent, even someone forced to bury a child. Or a great-great-grandchild, as happened with Rivers in one case.

But she was facing something her years of college and high school never prepared her for. A sobbing man who was there without his translator. His English was extremely limited, so he barely could get out the most basic words to express the grief he felt. That only added to the frustration he felt, not being able to express his feelings in a way Rivers could understand.

She looked furtively at her watch, waiting impatiently for Gloria Acosta to walk through the doors. She was Paolo Gomes's translator outside the lines of football matches. She was supposed to be there to help Gomes express his feelings from the last match, of letting his team down, even though it was against the world's 42nd ranked team, and literally no one on the team felt he let them down.

Finally, a tentative knock interrupted the proceedings.

"Come in?" Rivers said.

"Sorry I'm late. "The traffic along Interstate 30 is a nightmare!"

"I understand. Just glad you're here!" she said, pointing and looking with sympathy at Gomes, who was still sobbing.

Acosta said a few words in Portugese, and even Rivers' limited experience with Spanish let her get the basic idea that she was saying, "what's wrong?" in Portuguese. After a few words she couldn't understand, Acosta looked at Rivers.

"He's still feeling intense grief over Coach Ostrom's suicide," she said. "And he feels as though he doesn't have anyone on the team he can really talk to about it since no one there knows Portugese."

Rivers took care to draw in her breath through her nostrils and exhale slowly. She didn't want to appear dismissive of Gomes's concerns, but she also knew that navigating the ongoing grief of losing someone he looked up to, even in spite of a language barrier, was still not an easy road to navigate.

"You know what?" Rivers said, looking back at her watch. "I'm going to start the clock for this session now, and let's have a full session starting from here. We don't have to worry about the extra 15 minutes."

Acosta relayed that info to Gomes, who smiled slightly even though his eyes were still red and his cheeks still were wet with the tracks of his tears. They spent time going over Gomes's frustration with his match against the Fleftics in addition to the grief over Ostrom.

One of the things Gomes told Rivers through the translator was the fact that Trolleborg's delegation sent black lilies, which he learned through his research into the country was their symbol for grief. The tributes, the decision by the nation's leadership as well as players and coaches wearing black armbands, the same as Banija's in their last away match, got to Gomes. He, like several of the Stars starting 11, were moved by the gesture of friendship by both nations. Really, The Northern Lands also made it a point to announce the moment of silence in Polish, French, and English, making clear to anyone in attendance that the Stars would be supported emotionally through this trying qualifying campaign.

"Some things are more important than football," Gomes said with a final smile as he prepared to leave Rivers's office, relaying the comment through Acosta.

Some things are more important than football.
First WCC Grand Slam Champion
NSWC Hall of Fame Inductee (post-World Cup 25)
Former WLC President. He/him/his.

Our trophy case and other honours; Our hosting history

Bolgano
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Bolgano » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:18 pm

Fedek ASS Training Center, Fedek, Bolgano
3 days after the defeat of Bolgano, the team arrived at Fedek before their next meeting, Tom Evans was injured and is in bed

Tom Evans: Then will I come back after game 10?

James Razor: Yes, that's how the doctor said, apparently you turned your ankle

Tom Evans: I will be supporting you, my injury does not mean that I cannot support you in the matches

James Razor: Another thing you have to take care of in addition to your ankle would be your language, it seems that you were frustrated with Aquitlia, isn't it?

Tom Evans: And you can lose the position of coach if we don't make a good result

James Razor: Well, that's right, we have talent but we haven't shown much, in the next game against The Macabees, if we can score we will dedicate it to you. (knock on the door)

Tom Evans: Who is it?

Daniels Frizzel: It's me

James Razor: You can come in, well I'm leaving

Daniels Frizzel: That's what I came for, they're calling you

James Razor: Who?

Daniels Frizzel: The owner of Fedek ASS

Tom Evans: Is it a joke?

Daniels Frizzel: If so, there is no reason for you to be scared, I brought you a craft beer they are your favorites

Tom Evans: Well, thanks

James Razor: In the end who is calling me?

Daniels Frizzel: Your wife and daughter are inviting you for coffee

James Razor: Well, now if I retire

Tom Evans: Before you retire, do you pass me the crutches?

James Razor: Sure (he retires)

Daniels Frizzel: Where are you going?

Tom Evans: I will go out. you accompany me

Daniels Frizzel: Actually I will also leave the institution, see you soon

Tom Evans: (Sits) I have nothing left but to rest ...

Daniels Frizzel: But if you want, I'll take you home

Tom Evans: It's not necessary, maybe tomorrow

Daniels Frizzel: If you say so, I retire too

Tom Evans: What do others do?

Daniels Frizzel: Some are on the courts, others came out and also in their residences here in Fedek

Tom Evans: Thank you, bye.
Ranking KPB: 95 (8.24)
Trigram: BGN
Titles: Wonder Cup 1, Beconailles (Andres Da Silva)

PotatoFarmers
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Chapter 3.3: MD4

Postby PotatoFarmers » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:40 pm

(OOC: This article below is written from an IC perspective, but it is legit OOC material. The fantasy game below is that created by Ko-oren, while the link below links to a folder which has the different group tables, results, as well as an overall KPB ranking table and another for the WCQ.)
Sporting Daily: World Cup Statistics for you, all in one page
Advertisment by Sporting Daily
Fans have been writing to us to complain about the lack of results updates for matches in the qualifying race for the World Cup. Some say that our newspapers and broadcasting outlets make scant mention of such results, while others find it difficult to access these results online.
Of course it is difficult. With Poafmersia's internet network, many sites hosted in other places on the multiverse may not be accessible due to our network's relative isolation from other networks. We can still access some, but not many websites hosted overseas. Besides, with qualifying matches being hosted in over 165 nations of all sorts, how can there be an accurate and quick way of getting the results?
Introducing our new World Cup Qualification microsite! Together with our fellow friends from the Poafmersia Broadcasting Corporation (PFBC), the Sporting Daily has published, for the first time, FULL records of results from all around the multiverse, as we track who would be qualifying for the World Cup. Furthermore, we are proud to announce that we would also have live updates of KPB rankings, the official rankings sanctioned by the World Cup Committee. This allows you to check where our nation, Poafmersia, is in the global rankings, as well as follow foreign teams and their ups and downs.
Besides featuring results, in recent weeks, it has come to our attention that someone is hosting a fantasy game to allow people to pick their best of each group within certain set of rules, and pick up points based on the results of the matches. Well, we have also decided to collate the relevant rules and points, and provide you the unofficial record of how many points you have gotten with your selection! This is available on our fantasy sub-page.
Some of you might notice that there is a lack of venues of matches and some information might be missing. Similar to how PFBC could not live broadcast all away matches, the same issue has occured with us. We are unable to get the full information for you due to various reasons, but we will do our best to complete the information as much as possible.
With more things on the microsite, what are you waiting for? Visit wc84.pfbc.org.pf today to get your information about the World Cup Qualifiers today!

Poafmer Times: Another loss in Qualifiers spells doom for The Red Panjias
Collated Report by Sports Team
Poafmersia - In another horrific defeat for the national football team, Poafmersia lost their second consecutive match in the World Cup Qualifiers, this time round to Siovanija and Teusland at the Dreamers Park.
After putting up a brave performance on Saturday in their loss against The Macabees away, many had expected the Poafmersian team to leave this match with at least a point, if they keep the performance they had. However, the loss of Shakira was greatly felt in the team, as the team failed to score many great chances and could not keep up with the opposition's strength and abilities.
Joel Haodao managed to score a nice goal 17 minutes into a game, as Gisiik Moonar made a cross from the far side into Joel and he beat Heuser for the goal. But it was the Goldhorns who found the equaliser three minutes from time, with Kynev making a brilliant solo effort to beat the defenders and score a goal.
After the break, despite Poafmersia dominating for the first half, Siovanija and Teusland found their mojo back, and it was Kynev who found the second goal for them as the team made a brilliant move from the restart. Kramer later added the third for the Goldhorns. Despite Adnan making efforts to press harder by making substitutions, Poafmersia was unable to find the back of the net and had to take their second defeat of the campaign.
Head Coach Adnan Suliaha, being frank with the reporters, told them that this is not the way Poafmersia should be playing football. "When you look at the match and you think it is okay to lose to higher level opposition, we cannot get to the places we need to get to. We may say, 'Oh look I have gotten 4 points for 4 matches and am currently in a position above my pot number, losing only to the 2nd and 3rd seeds,' but if we continue to say that we would never improve. There are lots of areas for improvement. For instance, Alex failed to take back the ball on the last goal and led to Thorsten Kramer scoring. That was a simple ball trick that needs to be countered easily, and yet he failed to do so. Our players were not as clinical as they should be, if not we could have easily been 3-0 up in the first half and that might have produced a completely different outcome. 9 shots in the first half and we only scored 1? That is not a good sign."
He also talked about the current group dynamics. "Look, The Macabees are top with 12 points from 4 games. Siovanija & Teusland are 2nd with 9, and Aquitlita are 3rd with 8. Aquitlita is definitely punching above their weight, they are not supposed to be there but yet they are there. This is followed by Nephara, which is the top seed. On 7 points with one game in hand, they are also favourites to qualify. Where are we? 5th, tied on points with 3 other teams below us, including our next opponents, the Euran Oceania Territories. If we cannot win the next few matches we can just pack up and go home. They say it is a long run to the finish, but if we keep dropping points like this, there is no way we can get a decent result. Our target is top 4, but we are not exactly playing like a top 4 team. Yes, you can say the injury to Shakira is untimely. That, however, cannot and shall not be an excuse for our performance. Let us be frank here. A win here would boost our confidence when we play bottom side Anthor. If we can beat them like everyone else, ignoring the fact that they are under performing as a 100th ranked side, then we would have 6 points. Furthermore, we play Lochario, which is also another side which is performing at our level but they have a much higher ranking. Beat these under performing teams, and we will have 9 going into our break. We scrapped our scheduled friendly to give our players a break. But before that break, they need to be playing well and getting the points, else we cannot rest easy."

Starting 11 against S&T
Sandi Jaliaha;
Alex Pickford, Danzik Hoboson (captain), Pasits Rikachz, Denise Pickford;
Matthew Tibrise, Gisiik Moonar, Daak Kalson;
Joel Haodao, Bytia Hisel, Nasir Hansir

Substitutes
Dargis Walshor (for Matthew 66')
Graciia Warisian (for Alex 66')
Alexri Timson (for Nasir Hansir 79')

Expected Starting 11 against EOT
Jabik Henderson (captain);
Graciia Warisian, Konile Trasa, Ftiks Wariq, Denise Pickford;
Matthew Tibrise, Daas Taisg, Daak Kalson;
Joel Haodao, Bytia Hisel, Nasir Hansir
IC Name: The People's Republic of Poafmersia (Trigram: PFA)
IC Flag: Refer to my flag with my IC nation Poafmersia, though that nation's RP will be done with this account.

IC posts in WA, unless otherwise stated, are made by David Jossiah Beckingham, Chairman of Poafmersia's World Assembly Board.
Sportswire. Chasing The Unknown.
Achievements: BoF 71 Bronze; IAC X and IAC XI Champions
WCC Football (Pre-WCQ93) - 40th, with 18.62, Style: +1.2345
OptaPoaf at work: https://bit.ly/m/OptaPoaf

Mriin
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 17, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Postby Mriin » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:44 pm

"I can't fucking believe this shit!" A chair flew across the MNL headquarters council room, and Vicky Lavoi was greatly regretting not making the trip to Petrovsky.

"Christ, Jeza, being a caricature of yourself isn't going to help things."

Jezabel Cotler dropped the next chair she'd grabbed and glared at the other owner. "That's really where you're taking this? After the travesty of having lost one of the best prospects to have come out of Maal?"

"We haven't lost anything, come off it." Vicky idly spun an Angels hat while she looked past her. "Mboge has said nothing about who he's going to declare for, and if he wanted to make a big deal of things he'd already have burned the bridge."

"How are you this thick?" Jezabel squared up and planted her hands on the table, really leaning into the glower. "First of all, having a top prospect flee the country because he can't break into any of the local academies is a monumentally shit look. We've been busting our asses to make the MNL look half as ramshackle as it actually is, to get some real fucking respect from the big FAs and international markets. This is a gigantic red flag that we have approximately none of our shit together for no good reason! They'll think that we can't handle our resources, they'll think that they can plunder our talent scot-free, and the thing is that they totally can if they try. We have t--"

"I never knew you were such a hypochondriac, Jeza," Vicky cut back in. "Seeing ghosts all over, these ridiculous scenarios. The system has been working fine for years, and we've got plenty enough talent coming up to sustain our high-level play--both in the World Cup and whatever international domestic championship eventually happens."

"What's gotten into you, Vicky? You're seriously telling me we're doing 'good enough?' That we can lose a little off the top and be fine? That's not how you built your fortune, and that's sure as hell not how we're going to win any silverware!"

Geraard Tavol let out a rough cough, successfully getting both stares to drift towards him off to the side. "Dare I bring up the fact that the youth system discriminates against human players is, in and of itself, Fucked?"

"There's no discrimination at work here," Vicky scoffed, "it's not our fault metahumans have an edge in this great sport. An inexcusable fact when you look at the unprecedentedly rapid success both Drawkland and ourselves had in the Cup! That humans are frailer and become quality players slower, that's none of our academy's concern. So this Banijan--"

"Mriinijan," Geraard growled.

"--this Banijan wasn't considered athletically up to par to his crop of satyrs, which is a completely understandable happenstance. That you're tossing out such a dangerous, libelous idea about the league--"

"That's horseshit and every single one of us knows it. Do you know what it's like walking through five blocks of Banijan markets and restaurants to get here, look over the pre-approved list of call-ups for the U21 team I've just been put in charge of, and see zero humans on it? I passed by at least three pickup games in the streets on the way. You're telling me absolutely none stuck with it long enough to get to the level of even getting a look in the DBC?" He snapped to standing, sending the chair clattering to the floor. "If I have to spin up a campaign and put this shit to vote, I will. And that's not going to help your precious 'optics' any. I'm already sickened that this is how I have to go about getting justice done."

Silence hung over the room as Geraard stomped his way out, punctuated by the slam of the door.

"...he's got a point, you know."

"Fuck off Jeza, you're just saying that because it happens to help your argument."
Last edited by Mriin on Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<Yuezhou> I am willfully ignoring the existence of boats

Pasarga
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 09, 2009
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Pasarga » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:46 pm

Torgos Tribune ~ Quizzical Results

Answers to last week's football quiz!

1. Stein-los Turkish and Baskita FC are both noted for having used The Eagles as a moniker at one time, though the former is more commonly known as Turkish.

2. Hellinic Rouge or Haslief both play in Evenfar, as well as Evenfar FC.

3. Ingþór Auðbjörnsson was commonly referred to as Thor, as the last part of his first name sounded like that and the way he struck the ball was thought to sound like thunder akin to the Norse god of the same name.

4. South Pargis Youth (and Reserve) League is generally considered the best youth league, despite not having Baskita's youth team in it, due the the depth of good youth teams in it, with; CAP, Turkish, Club Stein-los, Tani, Santos, and Paulinthal FC all having their youth teams (and reserve teams in the reserve leagues) in this division.

5. Seven former national team players are currently plying their trade in the managerial business, as both managers and assistant managers.

6. Baskita FC, Torgos City, Fetherdron United, Galatica, Avidë, and St. Galaxia all play in the nation's capital.

7. The oldest club in Pasarga is CA Paulinthal and the second oldest club is Club Stein-los, founded three years apart.

8. CA Paulinthal was founded in 1896.

9. The PFA was formed in April of 1899 and the first top division in Pasarga history kicked off in August of that year.

10. Club Stein-los would win the first title in Pasarga history, winning four of the first five titles contested in Pasarga.

From yesterday's RP

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:05 pm

We're now five days in! Cutoff time!
Here's some music that was requested as we wait.

Results
Last edited by Cassadaigua on Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Turori
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 03, 2004
Democratic Socialists

Post No Cocoabo

Postby Turori » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:29 pm

'No To Cocoabo' Posters in Unwanted Places

Almintora, Turori Controversy is brewing in the Turorian capital of Almintora as posters have been plastered throughout the city imploring the officials of the Football Association of Turori to say "No to Cocoabo" on the Turorian National Team.

After a time where it seemed the Cocoabo would be the future of Turorian Internationstatal sports thanks to a partnership between Tropicorp and the Cocoabo Preservation Society that saw Cocoabo skills refined to savant levels in many discipline, Turori's National Citizen squad stepped up to the challenge with their first ever appearance in the World Cup Final before losing to rival Vilita. Having single handedly brought Turori to the #2 spot in the World Rankings, the Turori National Team was the Citizen Squad's to lose and many Turorians were glad - due to the growing and healthy state of the Cocoabo Population, that the Citizens were not only getting their chance but taking advantage of it.

That was until the schedule was announced for World Cup 84 Qualifying with a marathon 22 matchdays of competition. To avoid fatigue heading into the World Cup Finals, the Football Association of Turori announced that Turori's National Cocoabo Squad would take the field for three of the Turori National Team's matches during the first half of qualifying, including the opening match of the campaign at Eel's Park against regional rival 95X.

The match didn't go well, however, with Turori dropping all three points to the potential qualification rival in a game that could come back to haunt the Turorians should they fail to advance to the World Cup Finals. Now, with the Cocoabo on the schedule for the upcoming even more important fixture against Cosumar, fans are split as to whether the Cocoabo should even be given a chance at redemption or if they should be wiped clean off the schedule with the Citizen Squad given full control of the team once more.

While most of the disagreements have been amicable in nature, the posters that have appeared throughout Almintora speaking out against Cocoabo in the National Team have caused controversy, not solely because of the split public opinion on whether or not the Cocoabo should be given a second chance, but because in many places the posters have found themselves in areas specifically marked as "POST NO BILLS". It is not yet known the origin of the posters nor whether the City of Almintora will be removing them in the days to come.

<Silexhera> Why does Turori make sense? :p

Ziwana
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 08, 2019
Anarchy

Postby Ziwana » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:40 pm

"Who Is the Better Player?"

Once again after a good performance against a higher ranked teamed in Vakolicci Haven and Celeria where they drew thanks to an outstanding performance from goalkeeper Ithier who kept the scoreline from raising above 4 goals and Jean-Marc Mourgine who scored a brace alongside Haqawi the question of who is the better player has been asked. Most Ziwani players have been comparing the young Western United and Ziwani keeper, Jean Kane to Ithier the Sandheight City and Ziwani goalkeeper. The same has been done for Sandheights and Ziwani teams mates, strikers Jean-marc Mourgine and Jean Wilder. First of all in all the discussions everyone has totally missed that most of the players who are being talked about have Jean as their first name and they play for Sandheights City with one Western United. This artice will be comparing the players to see how they fare against each other and if it is really neccessary to compare them. In this comparison we will not use national team stats or performances.
Jean Wilder
The 29 year old has been potent for Sandheights City, he has hit the target with 46 of his shots and scored 9 goals in 18 appearances. Apart from just scoring Wilder has assisted in 6 instances. When it comes to passing in 321 passes he has completed 222 which is 69% and of those passes 8 have been key passes leading up to 6 goals. These 6 goals he has set up have scored by his striking partner Jean-Marc Mourgine. Wilder is well known for dropping deep to get the ball in 17 tackles he has made he has completed 12 which is 71%.

Jean-Marc Mourgine
Jean-Marc has lead the league and club scoring chart with 13 goals in 20 matches not including 3 which he came of the bench. He has hit the target 44% of the time. In 485 passes, 384 passes have been successful. In 20 tackles, 12 have been successful which is 60%.

How do Mourgine and Wilder compare
Jean Wilder appeared less than Jean-Marc and even assisted in his goals whilst the latter doesn't have any assist. Jean Wilder had 6 player of the match awards anf Mourgine only 4. Mourgine did so 0.69 to Wilders 0.55 goals per 90 minute but this ignores the fact that Mourgine played more and that his goals were assisted by Wilder. Jean Wilder has a higher shots on target ratio, tackles won per 90 minutes and even tackles completed. To top it up he has a higher average rating of 7.45 to Mourgines 7.37. The stats show that Wilder has perfomed better but the difference is not that high. These players were striking partnership and whilst one scored more the other contributed to those goals aswell. Instead of comparing them we should all support their partnership and avoid breaking them apart. Wilder might take the cake in this comparision but lets also not forget he is at his peak whilst Mourgine is just 25 years old and starting to bloom. A fair comparison would have to be done in the future with a controlled criteria.
How does Itheir and Kane comapre against each other?
In this one I want bother going into detail into each one . Jean Kane played 30 games whilst Ithier 24 and in those games the first conceded 24 goals and the latter only 18. But this ignores the performance of the whole team leading to goals. Kane has 13 clean sheets to Ithier's 10 not a huge difference but that difference got Kane a golden glove. Kane has one man of the match and Ithier has zero. Ithier has an average rating of 7.13 whilst Kane has 6.96. Ithier is the better player of the two but Kane was able to edge it out by winning the golden glove. This got worse with Kanes performance on the international level as he begun being overhyped. Kane is talented but he is no Ithier, he may get better in the future.

CONCLUSION
I understand why it is hard to compare the players but as a Ithier and Wilder fan I prefar them and I hope I have said enough to make you guys love them. Please follow their performances on ZCOMM.

Lisander
Minister

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:15 pm

A game of heads for good hearts
In a dramatic end, Anders Michaelichen scores the victory goal in the last minute of the game against Appalachia
Lucas Novines, to TV5 Sports

The clock that would go up to 93' was showing 92:17 when the figure dressed in purple and fluorescent green ran. Anders Michaelichen crossed the field like a rocket to the box, when he realized that this could be the last chance to win the match. Higher than everyone else, his head was ready to push the ball into the goal after the throw-in. No one expected the victory to come from that head and even the bench players went crazy with that header. Lisander wins again after two defeats and the group is kind of messed now, with 8 teams tied with 6 points each. At this moment, It seems that below Valanora and Ethane, unarguably leading, both with 12 points, there's a parallel tournament. Kelssek defeated Lisander, Lisander defeated Ouna, Ouna defeated Kelssek. Seems like the top two will swim at large and leave the rest behind, playing for "a third-place consolation." Will the other teams be able to catch them.

Renouncing to midfield...
Putting the table aside, let's look at the match of last night. Lisander started with a different midfield, a 4-4-2 with Avila, Heretier, Camden, Nantel. Nicolas Walker and Tristan Walker in the attack. The passes were flowing, but the Appalachian defenders were too eager, and the twins had some difficult time evading fouls. The team started slow, with that known game of passing sideways, searching the space. Right around 30', Fox started to modify the positions. Nantel moved right and Camden moved left to make plays by the sides. Avila and Heretier would be responsible to deal with counterattacks, helping the defence if needed. Fox was renouncing midfield. He was probably trying to avoid injuries. His strategy worked. The attacks by the sides started to appear. 4 against 3 was the perfect scenario. Moving from the right, Nantel was able to cut-off the counterattacks and make it into counter-counterattacks. And in one of these, the advanced right midfielder found a good opportunity. He noticed Calvin Throckmorton in a bad position and kicked to his opposite side, with no save opportunity. The ball nearly missed the goalpost, luckily for the good side, the goal side. 1-0, at 40'. Yet the happiness didn't take too long. When Fox thought the team would secure the victory until halftime, to cool down the home team, William Robert advanced through the midfield and scored from outside the box. 1-1 in Halftime.

...and then retaking the midfield. I wonder if Andreas
Fox doesn't care about a cardiac arrest.
For the second half, Camden left and Potenza entered. The team turned back to 4-3-3 to avoid other individual play of Appalachia. Nantel took Camden original position (I imagine what a dispute between these two for the #10 if Lisander reaches WC Group Stage) and Potenza entered for its original position. Fox was retaking midfield. And this indeed worked. Lisander started to attack by midfield and sides. Seems like the problem was the lack of a strong hitter. "General" Potenza started a bombing against Appalachia, as he does when playing for AC Kasandora. From then on, shots happened in any way you could imagine. On the crossbar, at close range, from outside the box. Potenza didn't want to know, the order was to shoot until he could score the goal. The midfield was able to rover for counterattacks at the sides again, and then Lisander managed to establish 72% possession at 58'. At 63' the goal finally came. A mad cannonball to the right side of the goal. 2-1. I wonder if Throckmorton would get hurt if that ball hit his face. It was probably one of the strongest shots in this WCQ.

The emotion wasn't over. Mission "Scoring" Accomplished, now it was time to fortify the defence. The team cooled a little after the goal, and it wasn't really good, even more, if playing away. At 83' Appalachia equalized the game again. Bubba received a pass from Robert, and scored the second. 2-2 and "let's put the leg-guns back in action". Lisander cut the ceasefire and started to attack again. At 89' even defensemen were in the box to headers. At 92 no one remained at the defensive half. Luckily, Anders Michaelichen head was in the exact place it needed to be. 2-3. Pure madness. Lisander won with a goalkeeper's goal. Now someone please bring me some calmants. My blood pressure should have reach 190 per 120 in these last eight minutes of game.
Last edited by Lisander on Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Principality of Lisander, a sports loving, very highly developed nation in Astyria.
Disappointing people and missing deadlines since 2013.

Kelssek
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kelssek » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:59 pm

THE FOOTBALL ZINE ALL THE COOL KIDS ARE READING
BEANS BEANS BEANS SINCE 2006

Kelssek takes another loss on the chin with speculation on permanent manager still raging
François St-Louis has now clearly ruled himself out of the running as he faced the media after a shock home loss to Ouna. Emotions were still clearly raw after the manner of the defeat - conceding the vital goal in injury time - but a draw would not have been a recipe for happy thoughts either, and Kelssek already finds itself with a six-point deficit to make up if they hope to pip Ethane for the second place qualification spot.

It’s an open secret that St-Louis was always seen as a future permanent manager, and appointing him as an assistant was meant to be a step along that road. But despite his legendary status as a player, St.-Louis doesn’t have any experience in the hot seat himself, and he was always expected to spend some years in club management first. Perhaps quite wisely, with two out of five matches he's been interim manager for ending in quite horrid results, he's keen to emphasize that he's just a caretaker and this is no reflection on his actual managerial abilities, not at all.

So who is in the running, then? Here's a look at some likely names.

Darach Salthill
Salthill was a member of the Cup of Harmony-winning squad and now manages Latrobe AFC. While he’s not won a whole lot (read, nothing), Latrobe has been consistently pretty good the three years he’s been at the helm. He’s a low-risk appointment, but it wouldn’t be a very ambitious one.

Erin Camden
A big success at Northern Union, known as a master tactician and able to light a fire under players. Her achievements are remarkable, having just won a league and cup double and coming a penalty shootout away from a treble. She’s also known to be looking for a new challenge, but it’s unclear if managing Kelssek is the kind of thing she has in mind. Scrabbling for World Cup qualification might be a step down for a manager who’s been to the Champions Cup final.

Andrea Crowe
The manager of Ritter Town in Nephara’s second tier First Division (yeah, we know...) is not the highest-profile name being linked with the job. But she’s highly-regarded for having kept the team in the league after winning promotion, and taking them to the final of the NFA Cup. There are two reasons she’s reportedly in the running: Crowe’s technical approach is a good fit with the existing team, and some people at Football Kelssek board think someone who’s cut their teeth a rung or two below the top is well-placed to get the best out of a team at Kelssek’s level.

Jens Reiniger
The former Cranequin Wanderers and Pasarga manager, a two-time Copa Rushmori winner, is one of the favourites. One concern is that his possession-based, defensive style might be an awkward fit with the national team, or at least its current players. And would he leave his current job as an assistant with the Valanora national team?

Alexandre Tremblay
The CS Saint-Rémy manager would’ve been top of the list just a month ago, as a guy who won the KFL league championship, and has been in the top two three out of five years. But with his team now mired in the relegation zone and nothing seeming to be working, he’s more likely to be fired from his current job than to be offered the national team one.

Bliuji
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Bliuji 2-2 Filindostan

Postby Bliuji » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:19 pm

Bliuji had a positive mindset before heading into this challenge, a game against the 59th ranked team would not be easy. Filindostan a familiar team that beat Bliuji 3-1 last qualifier was going against them at home. The difficulties of both team's were not prevalent in this one; as both teams fulfilled there strength. Fans alike were satisfied with this result, they came for a good game and that's exactly what they had gotten.

First half started slow, there were a couple decent chances that either missed the net or got shut down by the goalkeepers. Eventually action took a turn with Filindostan striking first. All starting in the 34th minute when Bliuji defense-men Lenoid Ozerov made a pass that was intercepted by His Excellency who easily bolted around Ozerov, now only having to beat Lawrence Biryukov he decided to blast the shot from 40 feet out, Andriy Pyatov made a good effort but came up short - the ball was well aimed and went off the post and in. The very few Filindostan fans in attendance went crazy.

Despite the first half being rather slow and boring, the second half is where things went better for both sides. Subs were made in the 47th minute, Carl Mackwood and Xanderikek Miles went on for David Lyskov and Daniel Izmaylov. Which turned out to be the right choice for Bliuji. In the 56th minute Erik Belov made a good slide tackle to knock the ball loose from Muhammad SAFRI, was then swooped up by Xanderikek Miles who hit Carl Mackwood with a clean through ball to give him a breakaway. Now being all alone he yeeted this ball top right corner, making it a 1-1 game. Filindostan answered quickly. Bliuji on the rush in the 60th minute, Erik Belov passing the ball to Carl Mackwood who then channeled it to Xanderikek Miles, who had an angle but lost control of the ball. It was then taken by Kartio WEICI who then rushed up the field hitting forward Ina TETERISSA. Having two defenders to beat she evaded a slide tackle from Karp Yuriev by jumping over him. In mid-air she fired the ball that Andriy Pyatov got a piece of, her team mate Boris Choel was right there for the rebound and put it into the back of the net.

With time running out fans were doubtful for Bliuji. Starting in the 84th minute Bliuji's offense had complete control in Filindostan's defensive zone. Passing back and forth waiting for an opportunity Sviatoslav Vasiliev went right around two defenders and fired the ball pass the net, with the ball heading out of bounds defense-men Damaris CAMBO made an effort to keep it in bounds but fell on his face making contact with the ball. A corner kick in the 86th minute was their last chance to tie things up. Vitaly Aksakov was on the field to take the corner. Making hard and accurate contact with the ball it headed t words the box. It was cut off by Safrizal Bintang who made a clearing attempt that deflected off Gabriel Kolesnikov's foot and popped up 10 feet in the air. Was then fielded by Karp Yuriev who blasted one from mid range that went in to tie the game. Fans went absolutely insane at Domitia Stadium.

Following the unfortunate draw, Bliuji only obtained one point; which keeps them in third place right behind Ziwana and South Covello. The games won't get any easier though and Bliuji needs all the wins they can get, which is definitely harder against these better teams. The next three games are against Furby Island, SRS and Ziwana. If Bliuji can keep exceeding expectations they should have no problem qualifying.

Events
34' His Excellency
56' Carl Mackwood
60' Boris Choel
86' Karp Yuriev
National soccer team info: https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1212689

I know I suck

Chromatika
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Chromatika » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:27 pm

MD5: Lons 2-3 Chromatika
Goals: Sierra '29, '61, '88
Starting XI (4-2-3-1): Tioux; McBee - Will - Anderson - Austic; Dias - Limones; Thorben - Gail - Xe (C); Sierra.
Substitutes: Rowles -> Austic ('51), Avis -> Dias ('72), Croix-Pierre -> Xe ('80)
Projected Starting XI vs. Lons: Tioux; Xiao - Ken - Baugh - Nocturne; Ingalls - Kim, M.S.; Etienne (C) - Sterling - Reynolds; Non.

Football Part 6: @ Lons

Jillian Nier, Football Correspondent

Another game, another narrow victory for the Chromatik bench, with Rowena Sierra doing the heavy carrying. But instead of me explaining everything that happened to you - the two goals Tioux gave up, the slight ankle turn that Drew Limones suffered, or the hat trick that Rowena hung on Lons - let's go to the mailbag! I plan on doing this more often during the matches that the Chromatiks should have in the bag, to get some discourse going between me and you guys, the audience.

Frustrated from Felswyr writes:
"Why is it that this squad keeps having tight games? In a group with Busoga Islands, Mriin, and Main Nation Ministry, isn't it best to send out the best lineup every game and take all the points? Isn't the inexperience of the roster, and the lack of veteran presence on the field, the reason for such tight matches?"

Well, Frustrated, you aren't the only one that's saying such things. Even some pundits of the sport across our nation are claiming the same. But put yourself in Konrad Evans' shoes. You come in to a new team, not knowing much about the players or the country. Can't you see that by calling up fifty players, he's really analyzing each one's potential? Sure, there may be a few close calls and maybe an upset or two along the way, but the spirit of competition and fair play that this fosters, and the opportunity to see everyone on the pitch, will be invaluable for the years to come. Besides, if the Anomalies really need to, they can sub in players from the top two levels for a jump. Trust in the system, and give Evans and Everdeen a fair try - I know the players appreciate it. There's the rest factor, too - allowing the top players some off days will make sure that their bodies are rested and good to go for the future. A well-rested first string is important for the latter stages of the tournament.

Goat-weary from Gurshan chimes in:
"How do we beat the damn Mriis? Not even getting a goal past them? It's absurd! Scandalous! Sure, we have losing records against some teams, but to not even get a single score?"

I get you, Goat-weary. (By the way, they're Satyrs. Don't let them catch you calling them goats.) Mriin is good, very good. Their personnel match up well with mine, and now that they've beaten us a few times, there's a psychological nature to the matchup. Don't get me wrong, I think the squad will have their best chance when we host Mriin in the second leg - especially with the Mrii delegate in attendance and the election on the horizon - but if a team really matches up well against you, what more can you do? Definitely a storyline to keep an eye on.

Festive in Felswyr rounds out this first round of questions:
"Anyone you looking forward to seeing in these qualifiers that will definitely not make it to either the Proper nor the Cup of Harmony (hopefully not)? I'm high on Kristian Non and Derron Nocturne - loved them in the CCFA and looking forward to see what kind of players they can be for the Anomalies National Team."

Kristian Non and Derron Nocturne are intriguing, that's for sure. I have my eyes personally on Sylvie Reynolds - from the CCFA to being on the First Team All-League in the Pasargan SuperLiga? She warrants a deeper look, albeit at a position that the Chromatiks are already stacked at. The other intriguing prospects are the Kim twins. Mi-Jung and Min-Seok, both playing for FC Flen of Cosumar now. A defensive midfield - attacking midfield tandem isn't common, and I'm interested in seeing what happens when both of them are on the pitch at the same time. Does a twin connection carry over to football?

A tidbit on the lineup for the next match: It's Etienne and the kids. I mean, really. So many players making their first or second starts. A good look at the best of Chromatik youth.
Part 5: The Foreigners

Part 6: The Plot

It was a dark, dreary day with the rain pelting down on his face when Mattieu D'Zarconie walked into the abandoned warehouse in one of the more shadier districts of Chromatik City. The Cinders, they called the couple of blocks between Chromatik City College University and the government centre of the town. There, there was a half-razed building that used to belong to the Chromatik Party, and it was here that D'Zarconie went to, once a week, to get his next job, his cash, and his next hit. Oh, the wonders three ounces of that blue dust gave him. With that stuff, he didn't need much else - no, he didn't want anything else.

As he sidled in through the left entrance, making sure he wasn't followed - his contact, simply known as R, had been far more careful as of late - he already saw the sack of money that was unceremoniously on the floor. There was the customary little box of the blue dust, too. However, D'Zarconie noticed, there was another container on the floor, and it was this plastic bag containing the container that he found the most intriguing.

Also worth of note was that R was nowhere to be seen. Normally, he would be hiding in a corner, throw D'Zarconie a few phrases, and simply vanish. But no, this time, there was no shadow, no whisper, nothing.

Making sure to count the money - 20,000 NMS, per usual - and then the box was full - same amount, per usual - Mattieu decided to open the bag.

In it was a foul-smelling egg, wrapped in plastic. Next to that, a note. And besides that, an envelope.

His hands instinctively reached for the envelope. Inside, there was 100,000 NMS, in ten neat 10,000 bills!

Shivers ran down his spine - he had never seen so much money at once. Whatever needed to be done must be really important, or really dangerous.

He opened the note with trembling hands:

Code: Select all
M. D'Z,

R.P. has crossed the line. We are being invaded.

Delegates from B, M, C, and E are inbound from AO. They are unwelcome.

Throw this egg at one of the delegates. Make it someone we would not accept. Stain them with the disdain of those who will not be silenced.

Show the world that we aren't to be taken lightly.

We will protect you.

-R (C.P.)

Mattieu had already seen the pictures from the paper regarding the delegates that were inbound. He had one that he had his eyes on already.

Oh, this was going to be fun...
Rainbow League System Preview

5. Deprí Lanar
Nickname: Red Hawks
Fans: Falconeers, Nesters
Stadium: Hawk's Nest (112,000)
History:
League Chromatiks Season 1: 4th Premier Division
League Chromatiks Season 2: 6th Premier Division
League Chromatiks Season 3: 7th Premier Division
League Chromatiks Season 4: 12th Premier Division
League Chromatiks Season 5: 1st Second Division
Chromatik League Season 1: 7th Premier Division
Chromatik League Season 2: 5th Premier Division
Chromatik League Season 3: 5th Premier Division
Chromatik League Season 4: 11th Premier Division
Chromatik League Season 5: 4th Second Division
Manager: Hillary Stout, 36
Formation: (4-3-3)

Background: Located at the Western side of the Deprí district, Lanar was founded first, and is the older brother. Deprí Lanar is known for producing most of the nation's vehicles. Imhar Automotive is located there, being the only automotive maker of Chromatika. Being by the coast means a lot of foreign cars come through here as well. They're rabid about their Hawks, and used to underachieving as a team, but passionate nonetheless. The Red Hawks have been a yo-yo team in the past, but find themselves actually being ahead of their rivals, the Yellow Jackets, in the season to come.

Preseason Grading: brought to you by ChromatikBet.com

Fanbase: 7/10 - Deprí Lanar fans know about the team's tendency to be a bit unpredictable, yet love them anyway.
Manager: 4/10 - Stout will be the youngest Manager in the league by far. Rumors say Deprí Lanar's ownership gave her the job after hearing a solid pitch. Her previous occupation is that of a physio - will that help?
Keepers: N/A - Deprí Lanar is in need of a starting keeper.
Defenders: 7/10 - The Red Hawks have an experienced, but starting to age, line. Fe Etienne is the star, by far, and the Red Hawks will have to retain her.
Midfielders: 7.5/10 - The strength of this squad. Kimber Tracey will be a hot commodity in the market with the new import rules, and Illarion's leadership cannot be understated.
Strikers: N/A - Crossroads is in need of strikers.
Greatest Need: When the Chromatik League disbanded, all foreign players were let go. Deprí Lanar is in need of a few key positions. With their Manager being so young, she's unpredictable - will she be risk-averse, or a risktaker?

Next: Eyrods
Last edited by Chromatika on Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Former User of the Nations of Yesopalitha and Falconfar

Champion: WBC 52, NSCF 24, 26, 28, and CoH 82
Regional Tournaments: AOCAF 55 Champions, 52 & 63 Runners-Up
WC Proper Appearances: Second Place: 93 Semifinals: 76 Quarterfinals: 77, 78 Round of Sixteen: 79, 80, 87, 88, 92 Group Stage: 81, 83, 84, 86, 89
CoH Appearances: 77 (Ro16), 85 (Ro16), 90 (Champions), 91 (QF)
KPB Ranking: 5 (Pre 95)
RP Population: 22 million

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports