NATION

PASSWORD

Tales of Two Horizons OOC- OPEN

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Founded: May 17, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:15 am

Finland SSR wrote:
Generic Info
Nation Name: French Empire (Empire français), colloquially the Second French Empire

History updated.
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:01 am

The Surge Empire wrote:Nation Name: The Hungarian Empire

Alright so, just a few things:

• I think that you accidentally deleted the Brief Explanation of Government section, but it's alright - you should just add it back and add a short explanation of how your government is organized. Especially in a multi-ethnic state like Hungary, we really need to know how things work - is it centralized, decentralized, federal, confederal? Historically, the Kingdom of Hungary up until its defeat at Mohacs was pretty decentralized - Transylvania as an example, was an autonomous principality, led by an alliance of the Hungarian, Transylvanian Saxon, and Szekely nobility. You should decide how Hungary is organized, and if it has evolved from this vaguely feudal system of organization, you should add an event in your history that would explain it, either something big and sudden or a series of reforms.
  • As for your ethnic groups - I think that you should add the Transylvanian Saxons and the Szekelys, they are small groups, but important within Transylvania. You should also probably remove Bosnian - with no Islam, a distinct Bosniak identity probably never developed.
  • Now, as for your military, it would be nice if you could add a small explanation as for why it's organized that way. While I do understand from your history that concessions were given to the ethnic revolutionaries, having distinct ethnic armies would be a pretty important choice - even if said armies would be led by Hungarian officers, it would increase the risk of revolt and revolution. Even more so if they are unified like that. It's clear that Romanian and Slavic unionism would be a thing, but a good tactic to fight against it would be to emphasize the regional differences between different groups - So if you have unified ethnic armies, you should just add a few sentences to explain how they came to be.
  • As for your history, I'm not sure if it's finished, there is a point after the paragraph where a sentence seems to be just cut off? I know that you rushed your app, so it's no issue, but I had to ask. Now, about the history itself, the Ottomans being unable to expand further into the Balkans is probably because of Hungary, so while you don't have to come up with mentions of the countless Hungarian-Ottoman conflicts that probably happened even after Varna, just keep in mind that those existed.
    Moving on, there are two small mistakes. Janos could not have invaded Croatia - from 1102, Croatia was in a personal union with the Hungarian Crown, so while it had some autonomy, it was a part of Hungary. Historically speaking, Serbia wasn't very unified in this period, so its conquest would have most likely against multiple Serbian principalities, but the bigger issue is with Romania - there was no Romania. The concept of a unified Romania certainly existed, but it would have been close to impossible for the two Danubian Principalities - Wallachia and Moldova, to have been united at that point.
    And this brings me to something that is more of a concept, and what I personally think would have happened immediately after Varna. Ever since the Ottomans became a threat in real life, the Hungarian system of defense was focused on creating a series of vassal buffer states in the region. At the moment of the Battle of Varna, Wallachia was as an example, a Hungarian vassal state. So I personally think that the Hungarian monarchs would have tried to expand and maintain that system of vassal buffer states. Matthias Corvinus as an example invaded Moldova and you should probably change history from real life and have him defeat Stephen III at Baia, as before that, Moldova was a Polish vassal - to explain why Hungary has Moldova and Ruthenia doesn't.
    So back to the vassals, I think that Serbia, Bosnia, Wallachia, and Moldova would have remained as vassal states for a considerable period of time - Wallachia and Moldova have especially been historically difficult to directly control by Hungary due to the Carpathians. So in order to better explain why Hungary remained the bulwark of Christianity against the Ottomans, my personal advice is to keep the vassal states as buffers until later in your history (and then come up with a historical context in which they were assimilated - if you want to go for increased centralization, you could have a Sun-King type of monarch in the 1700's, you could have annexed them after the Napoleonic Wars or maybe even as soon as 1848, maybe there was a strong absolutist reaction like there was in the Austrian Empire of real life, there are a lot of options - or if you go for decentralization, they could still exist as autonomous provinces).
    That, and you should probably keep the Black Army around. It was a very competent army force, and it gave the Hungarian king a certain degree of power over the nobility - they could have slowly developed into a ceremonial force that was finally disbanded after the Napoleonic Wars or something.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Kahlenberg
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 04, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Kahlenberg » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:17 am

I'm working on my first IC post. Anyone else writing at the moment? I could use some inspiration for my start ;)..

-Russian Ssr-
Civilian

Founded: Mar 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby -Russian Ssr- » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:22 am

Wot’s dis eh?

The Industrial States of Columbia
Senator

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Mother Knows Best State

Postby The Industrial States of Columbia » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:58 am

Kahlenberg wrote:I'm working on my first IC post. Anyone else writing at the moment? I could use some inspiration for my start ;)..

I will be once the new hard drive is installed on my computer
Cobalt Network Signups-|-Cobalt Network Main Page
A Fan of Type II alternate history
-Dom Pedro II
-Queen Elizabeth I
-Our Current Pope
-Teddy Roosevelt
-Joan of Arc
-Giovanni Belzoni
-Nikola Tesla
Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished.

Rodez
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Rodez » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:31 pm

Kahlenberg wrote:I'm working on my first IC post. Anyone else writing at the moment? I could use some inspiration for my start ;)..

I should have one up this weekend, likely Sunday.
Formerly known as Mesrane (Mes), now I'm back
Joined April 2014

Go Cubs, Go!

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:24 am

Yeah, I am working on one - the German Confederation is going to put pressures on Denmark-Norway to return the Duchy of Holstein which it forcefully annexed during the Rhine Crisis and the Ausgleich.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Kahlenberg
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 04, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Kahlenberg » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:50 am

Tracian Empire wrote:

Yeah, I am working on one - the German Confederation is going to put pressures on Denmark-Norway to return the Duchy of Holstein which it forcefully annexed during the Rhine Crisis and the Ausgleich.

Ah, awesome. A great opportunity for me to find some love in the North ;).

Military Lands of the Scottish People
Senator

Founded: Jul 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:43 am

Generic Info
Nation Name: The Ruthenian Empire
Symbols: WIP (messing around with a few things)
Population: 92.5 Million
Capital City: Minsk, Bialapolska

Government Info
Government Type: Limited Constitutional Monarchy
Brief Explanation of Government: Abandoning most of the Commonwealths former government structure, the ideas of the nations persist. Governors manage and serve as advisors to the Emperor in the large number of provinces created from the divisions of Poland, Ukraine, Muscovy, and the Baltics. The capital city lies in Bialapolska, or White Poland (basically Belarus). They are elected by Male landowners, veterans of the Military, and those employed by the Church.

The Court system is managed almost entirely locally per province by the Governors of said province, with one large Supreme Court consisting of 40 people, chosen by the Ruthenian Senate, managing the largest cases. They also can determine whether or not a Law violates the Constitution or not. They elect a Supreme Justice, who oversees the Court System, can investigate without interference of the Senate, and serves as a part of the Emperors Advisory Council.

The Ruthenian Peoples Senate is elected by the people of Provinces of which they represent. There is a total of 200 seats. They create laws, supervise finances, elect members of the Ruthenian Justices, and manages the Secret Police and law enforcement of Ruthenia. The Senate, by the terms of the Constitution, cannot override directives from the Emperor, and the Emperor can impeach members of the Senate with the approval of the Ruthenian Justices. Like with Governors, only Male landowners, Members and veterans of the Military, and those employed by the Church can vote. The Prime Senator, elected by the Senate, leads the Senate. He deals with tied votes, if a tie breaker is required, manages debates, serves as a part of the Emperor's Advisory Council, and can remove members of the Senate from meetings. He can be impeached by the Senate.

The Emperor's Advisory Council consists of 30 people that are assigned by himself. There are 4 seats that cannot be assigned within the Council, being the Marshal of the Armies, the Admiral of the Fleets, the Prime Senator, and Supreme Justice. The Emperors Court also employs diplomats and helps the Emperor in ruling the Country.
Ideology: Pan Slavism, Reactionary, Pro Catholicism, Militarism, Capitalism, Imperialism.
Leader/s: Emperor Jozef Casimir Poniatowski (Executive Power), Prime Senator Borja Vladismov (Legislative Power), Supreme Justice Fyodor Trepov (Judicial Power)
Relations
Ruthenia maintains firm connections with the British Empire, Hungary, Scandinavia, the German Confederation, and Korea through the valuable trade deals made with these nations. The birth of a rivalry is starting slowly between the Germans and Ruthenians, but outright hostility is not present and current relations can be described as lukewarm. Ruthenia maintains close relations with France, and is likely to back them during international crisis's. Relations are also very supportive of Great Britain, considering the Heir Apparent is married to Princess Alice, Queen Victoria's daughter.

Population Info
Brief Description of your people: Ruthenia is an ethnically and culturally diverse nation, Poles, Jews, Russians, Lithuanians, Germans, Ukrainians, and so forth. The most industrialized region is Poland, with the Baltics coming in close second. The rest of the country is mostly agricultural based, though Muscovy maintains hotspots of industry along the Volga and major cities. The civil war made rivalries between cultures less intense, though there were obvious barriers between the people. The Government organizes and manages the people, the Emperor unifies and leads them. Ruthenia cannot exist without one.
Religion: The majority of the country is Orthodox with a very large Catholic minority. 34% is Catholic, 57% Orthodox, 6% Muslim, 3% Protestant.
Ethnicity: Ruthenia is a very ethnically diverse nation. The largest ethnicity would be the Russians, or Muscovites, followed by the Poles and then Ukrainians. Latvians, Estonians, Jews, Lithuanians, Germans, Cossacks, Kazakhs, Mongolians, Chinese, and the various Caucasus groups as well.
Main/Accepted Culture(s): Muscovite, Polish, Lithuanian, Ukrainian, Estonian, Latvian, German, Christian Caucasus Groups, Cossacks, Kazakh, Mongolian
Other Cultures: Jewish, Islamic Caucasus Groups, Chinese, Turks

Military Info
Army:
Provincial Guard of the East
Size: 25,000 Infantry, 5,000 Cavalry, 55 Guns
Commander: General of the Eastern Branch Yegor Tolstoy
Misc: Mostly consistent of Russian and Kazakh Infantry, with Mongolians making up the cavalry.

Army of the Steppe
Size: 45,000 Infantry, 55,000 Cavalry, 175 Guns
Commander: Field Marshal Hovhannes Davti Lazarian
Misc: Entirely consistent of Cossacks and Kazakhs.

Ruthenian Peoples Guard
Size: 24,000 Infantry, 2,000 Cavalry, 70 Guns
Commander: Major General Grigol Dadiani
Misc: A unit formed by the Parliament during the Civil War, it has dwindled in size compared to what it was during the war. Consists of Peasants foot soldiers and Nobility Officers. Likely to be merged with Army of the Steppe and the Provincial Guard.

Ruthenian Gendarmerie
Size: 45,000 Mounted Officers, 100 Guns
Commander: Lieutenant General Dmitry Alekseyevich Milyutin
Misc: Basically a sort if National Guard consisting of the middle/upper class designed to respond to domestic threats, mostly Muslim insurgents in the Caucasus.

Army of Muscovy
Size: 125,000 Infantry, 45,000 Cavalry, 350 Guns
Commander: Field Marshal Aleksandr Ivanovich Baryatinskiy
Misc: Consisting mostly or Light Infantry as to match the mobility required to traverse the vast forests and Mountains of Muscovy.

Army of Poland
Size: 150,000 Infantry, 30,000 Cavalry, 350 Guns.
Commander: Field Marshal François Rochebrune
Misc: Consisting mostly of shock attack units supported by light infantry "Zouaves", modeled after François idea.

Army of Saint Peter
Size: 100,000 Infantry, 35,000 Cavalry, 150 Guns
Commander: Emperor Jozef Casimir Poniatowski
Misc: The best equipped, best dressed, and best men. Consisting of loyal veterans during the years of the Civil War to well trained and experienced soldiers selected due to their duty in the Caucasus.

Army of Kiev
Size: 150,000 Infantry, 40,000 Cavalry, 250 Guns
Commander: Field Marshal Friedrich Wilhelm Rembert von Berg
Misc: Currently designated as a Reserve Army group in case of war with a great power, but designated to take care of Balkan affairs if needed.

Navy:

The Black Sea Fleet

Size:
3 Ironclad Third Rate Frigates
2 Fourth Rate Frigates
4 Third Rates Frigates
4 Fourth Rates Frigates
6 Fifth Rates Frigates
5 Sixth Rate Frigates
9 Ironclad Monitors
13 Screwboat Sloops
Compliment: 5,000 Marines
Commander: Admiral Nikolay Muravyov-Amursky
Misc: The fleet is currently in disrepair, and requires a major rehaul if it ever wishes to ever be a fighting force again.

Baltic Fleet

Size:
5 Ironclad Third Rate Frigate
6 Fourth Rate Frigate
9 Fifth Rate Frigate
10 Sixth Rate Frigate

Compliment: 10,000 Marines
Commander: Admiral Zinovy Petrovich Rozhestvensky
Misc: Ruthenias attempt at a fleet in being, it is a large fleet of old ships of the Commonwealth and Civil War era that have been updated.

The Pacific Squadron

Size:
1 Ironclad Fourth Rate Frigate
2 Fifth Rates Frigate
2 Fourth Rates Frigate
3 Fifth Rate Frigate
6 Ironclad Monitors
9 Screwboat Sloops

Compliment: 10,000 men
Commander: Captain Yevgeni Ivanovich Alekseyev
Misc: The fleet is held at Kamchatka for most of the year, the only purpose to defend the Ruthenian Naval Base of Kamchatka. It is small, feeble, but maneuverable.

Other Info
Brief Description of your Economy:
Ruthenias Economy is a rather diverse one, from the factories in Poland producing weapons, tools, machines, to the vast farms of Ukraine. The Baltics maintain a decent level of trade, with the ports only being quiet during the winter. In Muscovy, the Agricultural background conflicts with the attempts to modernize and exploit the land. Agriculture holds first in Ruthenia, though it is industrializing at a rapid pace.
Goals: Eliminate resistance in the Caucasus, dominate World Politics, Industrialize and exploit Muscovy
History: The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, throughout the 16th and 17th Centuries, creating the Commonwealth of Eastern Nations. This, however, was merely a foundation for what was to come, despite being a weak one.

As time continues on, the Commonwealth Decentralized, being practically a Confederacy held together by one monarch by the end of the 18th century. This would not help the nation as Napoleon scourged Europe with his brilliant tactics and his elite Army. During this, a faction of nobles and landowners saw this as a way to centralize the government and ascend to power, to create a powerful nation that cannot be contested. This started a civil war, lasting throughout the Napoleonic Wars. In the end, the ambitious faction failed, and decentralized the Commonwealth further. In 1821, the Emperor died and the Grand Hetman of Kiev was elected to become Emperor.

The Grand Hetman was a smart man, one who wanted to maintain the status quo. In this effort, he did so well, to his own detriment. Trying to preserve the balance of power and to ensure the longevity of the Commonwealth, he granted more rights to the Leaders of their nations, in order for them to deal and address their issues. This ended up backfiring as a large serf revolt broke out throughout Muscovy. The Grand Hetman, unwilling to deploy troops at the expense or Commonwealth defense and Muscovy Autonomy, he enraged the government. The Polish Heir Presumptive, a man named Jozef Poniatowski, went against the orders of the Grand Hetman to support the Muscovites and squash the rebellion. From 1860 to 1861, he and the Muscovites effectively ended the rebellions. By this time, the country was tearing itself apart and the Grand Hetman was ordering for Jozefs arrest. Jozef would return willingly, facing a rigged trial. In the end, he was sentenced to death. This caused a reaction among his supporters, who raided the prison he was held at and released him. The mob, then continuing with their rampage, sacked the Grand Hetmans palace, killing the Grand Hetman. Muscovy, seeing this as Jozef's fault, mobilized their troops and invaded both Poland and Ukraine to "restore order."

Jozef escaped to Warsaw a week before Muscovite forces united with Ukrainian ones. His uncle, the King of Poland, abdicated in favor of his Nephew. Jozef, the new King of Poland, saw his nation being invaded from Bialapolska and Ukraine. He grouped up what Polish units were present, repelling both army groups at the end of the year 1861. From there on out, factions broke out everywhere trying to seize power or independence. Jozef operated throughout the next year suppressing Republicans in Poland and retaking Lithuania. By 1862, Muscovy had lost Ukraine but taken the rest of the Baltics. Jozef, by now, had his army prepared for a campaign to Moscow. He first acted by moving in Ukraine to provoke Muscovy, which worked as they launched an offensive into Courland and Lithuania. Successfully falling for the bait, they were attacked on all sides, causing the Baltic Army to collapse, where the Polish then victoriously reached Tallinn by Christmas. In Ukraine, Jozef had successfully waddled down Ukrainian forces, enough to launch a small and precise attack down to Kiev from Bialapolska to Crimea, splitting Ukrainian command. He mopped up resistance about the same time the Polish armies reached Tallin.

In 1863, Jozef lost his first battle at Donetsk, with the Muscovites nearly encircling him. He retaliated by surrounding the town and starving it into submission. He then pushed into Tsarityn. His Northern Armies barely took Saint Petersburg, and were not ready for a push to Moscow. Jozefs Army wasn't either, and could barely feed his army. Luckily for him, Muscovy's army mutinied due to a lack of Salary and food, as well as horrible fighting conditions. Jozef, hearing the news, acted quickly. Moving into Muscovy like a hot blade through butter, he turned Mutineers into supporters, by paying their salaries and providing rations. Jozef brilliantly utilized Muscovys isolated position to his advantage, and slowly tore it into pieces. He reached Moscow by mid August with minimal resistance and the abdication of the Muscovite Tsar. He declared, in his Moscow address, that a new, centralized, equal, and efficient government is coming, and that a constitution was in the works. By Christmas, the Constitution was approved by a council of representatives from the Commonwealth. It recognized Jozef as Emperor, and he was crowned the next day. During this event, Jozef made a bold move. He named himself "Casimir of Ruthenia". When asked 3hat he meant, he explained that the days or separate governments are no more. That a new nation will be created. Going further into detail, the representatives slowly accepted it. By 1864, the Commonwealth was no more. Only Ruthenia.

For the next few years, Ruthenia recovered from its deadly civil war, and finished wiping up resistance in Siberia. Jozef Casimir married his son off to Princess Alice of Britain, and re organized the army. He began plans for the navy back in 1867 but lacked funds to do anything, as most of the money had to go the Army and the rebuilding process. By 1869, now, the Emperor is now the head of the most powerful Slavic nation to exist, and was determined to keep it that way

RP Sample: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=459554
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=440384
429 - Do not remove. This is for tracking purposes.

I gotta re read everything tomorrow when I wake up to ensure I explained everything properly, so consider this finished but not polished. Kind of suffering from sleep delirium right now, and needed to get this out, so here it is.
If you need to contact me, the best way is through either joining the Cobalt Network Discord or adding me on it. My username is Hollywood #6420. I get on NS once or twice a week on average.

I have been on here for a while and I have came and went but this Region, Cobalt Network, its full of great people. I recommend you try to join it.
Proud Cobaltian Citizen, November 13, 2017 - Present

Minister of Internal Affairs, March 23rd, 2018 - October 13th, 2018 (two terms)
Vice President, January 16th, 2019 - May 8th, 2019 (One Term)
Recipient of the Cobalt Iron Cross during 2018s N Day.
I do not put a lot of effort here, in regards to my signature, I hope that does not make you think any less of me <3

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:18 am

The Surge Empire wrote:Nation Name: The Hungarian Empire

accepted

The Baton Rouge Free State
Envoy

Founded: Nov 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Baton Rouge Free State » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:24 am

Generic Info
Nation Name: Hellenic Empire
Symbols:
Population: 5.5 Million
Capital City: Athens

Government Info
Government Type: Meritocratic Oligarchy
Brief Explanation of Government: (explain all the complex/unique stuff that can't be described in the type section)
Ideology: (Refer to this)
Leader/s: (Head of State, Head of Government, etc.)
Relations Likely Close to Russia/Ruthenia, and other Slavic countries, as well as France and/or UK. Very hostile to Egypt, Turkey, and Spain, the first two of which are historical enemies, whilst Spain holds Crete, an island largely considered and Greek core region. Mixed ideas about Austria and Italy.

Population Info
Brief Description of your people: Greeks, 'nough said
Religion: 75% Orthodox, 8% Catholic, 4% Muslim, 10% Atheist, 3% Other
Ethnicity: 69% Greek, 21% Slavic, 5% Turk, 2% Arab, 3% Other
Main/Accepted Culture(s): Greek, Southern Slavic
Other Cultures: Turkish, Arab, Mediterranean

Military Info
Army: (branches, number of troops, quality of army, etc,)
Navy: The Naval Section of the war ministry contains two branches, the Hellenic Navy, and the Hellenic Coast Guard. The Navy is lead by the Grand Admiralty, whose head is the Hellenic 1st Admiral. The Coast Guard is lead by the Helmsman Assembly, and its head is the High Admiral of the Coast Guard. The Navy contains the following ships:
Black Sea Fleet
- 2x 5th Rate Ship of the Line
- 6x 6th Rate Ship of the Line
- 8x Brigs
- 14x Sloops of War

Mediterranean Fleet
- 4x 4th Rate Ship of the Line
- 4x 5th Rate Ship of the Line
- 8x 6th Rate Ship of the Line
- 14x Brigs
- 20x Sloops of War
- 18x Artillery Ketchs

The Coast Guard contains the following Ships:
Patras Detachment
- 2x Brigs
- 4x Sloops
- 8x Cutters
- 20x Schooners

Kalmati Detachment
- 4x Sloops
- 6x Cutters
- 12x Schooners

Pireas Detachment
- 1x Sixth Rate Frigate
- 8x Brigs
- 12x Sloops
- 14x Ketchs
- 25x Cutters

Kavala Detachment
- 2x Brigs
- 4x Sloops
- 8x Cutters
- 20x Schooners

Constantinople Detachment
- 1x Sixth Rate Frigate
- 8x Brigs
- 10x Sloops
- 12x Ketchs
- 20x Cutters

Varna Detachment
- 2x Brigs
- 4x Sloops
- 8x Cutters
- 20x Schooners

The Navy contains around 110,000 Sailors.

Other Info
Brief Description of your Economy: Main sectors include Mining, Fishing, and Farming. The Main Mining Hub in the country is Plovdiv, and the country produces Iron, Steel, Coal, Copper, and Lead. Farming is quite variable, with its major products including Tree Crops, Wheat, Nuts, and Herbs. The Fishing industry is largely based out of Thessaloniki and encompasses most of the Aegean regions. Other smaller industries include Shipbuilding, Manufacturing, Food Processing/Canning, and Banking, mostly shared between Athens and Constantinople.
Goals:
History:
RP Sample: (required, send Telegram with a sample of what your post would be like if you have not participated in any previous RPs)

BIG WIP
Last edited by The Baton Rouge Free State on Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Da Klan
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Da Klan » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:53 pm

tag

Kazarogkai
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 27, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Kazarogkai » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:30 pm

Ohh an alt history RP. Hoping your still willing to accept a new guy in possibly. I was thinking about taking the Merina Kingdom Wondering if I could change that area up a bit though. Some type of vaguely pusuedo ancient indigenous military republic that has fallen on hard times after losing their hegemony to new powers.
Centrist
Reactionary
Bigot
Conservationist
Communitarian
Georgist
Distributist
Corporatist
Nationalist
Teetotaler
Ancient weaponry
Politics
History in general
books
military
Fighting
Survivalism
Nature
Anthropology
hippys
drugs
criminals
liberals
philosophes(not counting Hobbes)
states rights
anarchist
people who annoy me
robots
1000 12 + 10
1100 18 + 15
1200 24 + 20
1300 24
1400 36 + 10
1500 54 + 20
1600 72 + 30
1700 108 + 40
1800 144 + 50
1900 288 + 60
2000 576 + 80

Zhukovian
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Zhukovian » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:15 pm

Man Confederation is mine!
National Information
Leader - Grand Premier Jean-Baptiste Baillairgé
Capital - Zhukovia
Population - 10.7 billion
Currency - Mark
Roleplay Information
2024: AGE OF SUPERPOWERS - Republic of the Philippines
STATE OF ZHUKOVIAN
Ambassador of the New Western Empire
Est. 1089
Post Modern

Zhukovian
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Zhukovian » Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:15 am

Generic Info
Nation Name: The Man Confederation
Symbols: Man Confederate Flag | Confederate Seal
Population: Homeland: 15 million | Including colonies: WIP
Capital City: Fuzhuo

Government Info
Government Type: Constitutional Confederal Monarchy
By the name alone, the Man Confederation is a perpetual confederation the sub-states of the former Kingdom of Min. Though each member state retain their own monarch which are usually warlords, a confederal monarch is chosen from the most dominant state of the 5 members, Min. The member states have almost unlimited freedom to do with their respected internal affairs but their external, economic and military will be handled by the confederation. A confederate government is led by a Chancellor which is appointed by the Emperor, who is also a member and the immediate leader of the Court of Man. They have been delegated to do the duties of the king with each minister having their own role and leading their own ministry.

The legislative branch of the government would be the 'Confederal Diet' which is composed of elected representatives from all over the confederation, the number per state varies between their population and influence. Subsequently, a representative from each colony is also present. All legislation passed from here will be reviewed by the Chancellor before recommending it to the King for it to be either signed or vetoed.

Ideology: Neo-Confucianism, expansionist/free trade
Leader/s: Emperor Teng Feng, King of Min | Chancellor Lin Zexu
Relations As a nation whose economy is greatly attributed to its trade, the Confederation has a relative good relations with his neighbors, though they may had a war with Yuut for some colonies, time has somewhat improved the two nations' relation as the strive to keep the mainland in-check.

The Confederation also has decent relations with the western powers as a main supplier of Eastern goods to them. The Confederation has developed a warming relation with French and Germans.

Population Info
Brief Description of your people: Descended from the original Min Kingdom of the Ten Kingdom Period. Has similar attributes of Chinese, the main dialect here is Min.
Religion: Confucianism and Buddhism are what the original settlers practice. The monarchs however are devout followers of a unique religion which is a combination of Catholicism and Taoism called simply as Taoist Catholicism. Though freedom of belief if respected, the government has a passive-aggressive approach in spreading the religion to the colonies.
Ethnicity: Just like their Yut neighbors, the majority are Han chinese mixed with the original settlers.
Main/Accepted Culture(s): Min, Wu, Hui, Gan, Hakka
Other Cultures: Malay, Aetas, Austronesian, Somali

Military Info
Army: The main army would be around 125,000 men stationed at the homeland alone, of which given the terrain would mean that they will be mostly infantry and artillery; with numerous fortification on the borders. Another 25,000 men from the mainland are distributed all over the colonies to ensure that the Confederation's goals are to be upholded.

Each colony has their local military units and special corps that are sent to the mainland to serve as additional garrison. (Can't give the numbers without the population)

Navy: The most important branch of the Confederated Armed Forces, the second largest navy following only the Yut's.

The Confederal Navy uses the typical Chinese designed ships but are trying to incorporate Western design and technology. This however doesn't mean that the Man does not develop their own technology, the Ministry of War nevertheless is given ample funds to improve Man's naval capabilities.

The mainland contributes 50k men for the navy, which is further divided into the Brown and Blue Water divisions. The Brown water are those that focus on the internal water systems, while the Blue Water are those of the ocean and the coasts. With the obvious reason of maintaining the colonies, the Blue Water division is given more emphasis in military aspects.

They use the same category of their western neighbor: 30 ships of the line (15 ironclads), 100 frigates, and hundreds more of sloops (the majority of which are reinforced by iron but not full ironclads)

Other Info: Man was one of the first to have a joint military command which is embodied by the Confederated Armed Forces, whose leader entitled as the Chief of the Imperial Forces, is appointed by the Emperor himself who delegated his power in the first place. But the CAF is still under the Ministry of War and reports both to the Minister and the Emperor.

Other Info
Brief Description of your Economy: A major trading power, the top products from its colonies are tobacco, sugar, gold, pearl, tin, spices, porcelain, textile and even machinery. By consciously exhausting the possible agricultural potential of the mainland without greatly endangering themselves, Man chose to invest more i their colonies for a strong agricultural base. Ma-i (modern Philippines) has received the most investment for any colony of Man, this transformed it into a base for great infrastructure and raw materials.

Nevertheless, the homeland has been greatly urbanized with Confucianism or Taoism aspects being observed for aestheticism and balance with nature.
Goals: Expand colonially, improve the colonies and promote them into provinces, solidify the confederation into a full union.
History: The other Chinese applicants has told everything so I can say that we were founded after the fall of the Mongols, assisted the Song dynasty, improved ourselves, withstood our grounds against the Mings, Admiral Zhung He made great naval expeditions.
RP Sample:
2024: AGE OF SUPERPOWERS - China then the Philippines
National Information
Leader - Grand Premier Jean-Baptiste Baillairgé
Capital - Zhukovia
Population - 10.7 billion
Currency - Mark
Roleplay Information
2024: AGE OF SUPERPOWERS - Republic of the Philippines
STATE OF ZHUKOVIAN
Ambassador of the New Western Empire
Est. 1089
Post Modern

The Baton Rouge Free State
Envoy

Founded: Nov 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Baton Rouge Free State » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:47 am

Generic Info
Nation Name: Sultanate of Rum
Symbols:

Population: 8.4 Million
Capital City: Ankara

Government Info
Government Type: Absolute Monarchy
Brief Explanation of Government: Absolute Monarchy. The court system is devolved with an appeals system but its largely selected by the Sultan or his regional governors. A Legislative Council exists but its membership is closed off to everyone but Nobles, it largely follows the same rules as the British House of Lords.
Ideology: N/A (Abdulaziz is quite incompetant, his ministers and advisors hide behind an ideology of traditionalism and conservatism).=
Leader/s: Abdülaziz
Relations Hates Greece and Ruthenia. Bitter to the English and French for helping in the destruction of the Empire. Lukewarm with Spain. Would like to form closer ties with perhaps Hungary or Austria.

Population Info
Brief Description of your people: Turks, extremely homogeneous.
Religion: Islam 95%, 4% Christian, 1% Other
Ethnicity: Turkish 94%, Kurd 2%, 4% Other
Main/Accepted Culture(s): Turkish
Other Cultures: Kurds (but very small)

Military Info
Army: 100,000 Troops Active; 300,000 Reserve
Armaments:
-V.40 Musketoon (Rum reproduction of British Baker Rifle)
-Czr. Rumel Pistol (Muzzle Loading Pistol)
-Turkish Swords and Sabers
-Kly. 38 Battery (Rum reproduction of Parrot Rifle)

Navy: 40,000 Active; 80,000 Reserve
12x 5th Rates
18x 6th Rates
30x Brigs
25x Sloops of War

Other Info
Brief Description of your Economy: Largely in shambles, currently reliant on Agriculture for exports, internally produces textiles.
Goals: Current stated goals of the government are the modernization of infrastructure with several planned new rail lines, and a rejuvenation of economy.
History: Since the division of the Ottoman Empire in 1850, the new Sultanate of Rum has been largely a failure. Even without the ethnic tension of the previous ottoman empire, the government failed to quickly reassert its power following the division, allowing for a Liberal Rebellion to take over the country from 1851-1853, followed by a Religious Extremist rebellion from 1855-1856. Abdulmajid was a very capable leader and put forward reforms to introduce a house of lords known as the Legislative Council. However is reign was stifled by the constant rebellions and internal tension. He became very sick in 1857 and died of mysterious means (likely poisoned). His younger brother Abdulaziz left his position as head of the Sultan's Orchestra to become Sultan. Abdulaziz has become preocupied with building up a wealthy atmosphere for the European ambassadors which visit him. He had fallen in love with European culture and began favoring Italian and French culture and cuisine and culture over Turkish. He became involved in numerous scandals including embezzling money. His failure has led to the rise of a group known merely as the Young Turks, lead by Midhat Pasha, the Political Journalist; and Namik Kemal, the Playwright and Author. There books have continued circulating around the empire and has gained a lot of traction in the military. Almost everyone in Anatolia is ready for radical change and the time is ripe for change.
RP Sample: (required, send Telegram with a sample of what your post would be like if you have not participated in any previous RPs)
Last edited by The Baton Rouge Free State on Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kazarogkai
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 27, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Kazarogkai » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:53 am

Still a work in progress Ill keep it here as a placeholder for now.

Generic Info
Nation Name: The Second Shaxa Empire
Symbols: (ex. Flag, Coat of Arms, National Anthem, personifications, etc.)
Population:
Historical
- 0800 02.00 Beginning of First Empire
- 1000 04.00
- 1200 08.00
- 1300 12.00 Pre Confederate Wars/Fall of First Empire
- 1400 06.00 Post Confederate Wars, Beginning of Second Empire
- 1600 12.00
- 1800 24.00
Current
- Total 32.28 Million
- Voting Males 6,456,000
Capital City:
- Administrative: Yiweyiyi
- Spiritual: Mazalifoovuzima

Government Info
Government Type: Stratocratic Theocratic Federation
Brief Explanation of Government:
Born from the twin forces of Tribal Confederations and Monasticism derived City States the current government form that is seen today in the land of the Shaxa was born from amidst the chaos of the Confederate Wars and consecrated in the ruin and bloodshed that defined that dreaded era. Though the times have been long with a great many ups and downs the basic form largely has remained unchanged for the nearly 400 years since. From top to bottom the whole system is centered on the concept of dualism to a degree with the idea being the balancing of both religious and secular power, the Forums of Freemen and the quorums of the Monks.

Starting with the secular side from the bottom the most basic unit of government since time Immoral is the Round House. The role of the Round House within Shaxa Society is multifaceted and far to vast to speak of all at once but the important part is it serves as the most basic unit from which governance is performed. Within the Round House all adult males, this being a patriarchal society, of age from about 20 and over are both allowed and expected to take part in the governing of a clan in the House of Men which lies to the western edge of the Entire enclosure from here decrees are created and decisions are made that affect the entire clan. This body is known as the Munoye which is translated as Parliament. While major issues are decided upon by the clan''s men at large in a system of consensus day to day rule is done by a chosen group known as the Maraza or Council whose memberships consists of those known as the Patriarchs. The Patriarchs as they are known as are respected by and regarded as men of great wisdom within the clan they handle more or less the executive functions and tasks laid out for them from the greater body of the Parliament. These patriarchs usually serve for as long as they maintain the respect and consent of the clan and so long as they are needed. Some will serve as treasurer helping keep an eye on the finances and tax obligations of the clans members, another might help survey and delineate land to individual households when needed, some might even be chosen to head a large building project like say the creation of a new store house, the list goes on. Arguably the most important of these serves as a delegate chosen to represent the Clan in the next body up that being the Village. Just like the Clan, multiples of which compose it, the basic ruling body is the parliament composed of the aforementioned patriarchs and from among whose members a council is composed which in itself consists of ones known as Elders. Among these Elders one is chosen to serve as a delegate to the next unit of government and so on so on until one reaches the very top. The Elders who rule the villages choosing Big Men who rule the tribes, who in turn choose Headmen who rule the Boroughs who in turn choose Chiefs who rule the 12 Nations(historic political boundaries of the Shaxa) who in turn choose Commissioners who rule the nation in a system of tiered elections.

The top most body is known as the Grand Parliament consisting of the aforementioned Commissioners serves as the highest secular legislative/executive governmental head of the nation. From here legislation and decisions affecting the entire Union are made and debated upon. Prior to the Confederate Wars the Grand Parliament was primarily deliberative body whose goal was centered around discussion and the occasional conflict resolution in terms of domestic affairs. It main role was mostly in terms of directing foreign affairs from which it had primary jurisdiction. Since the Confederate Wars it's powers have become far more expansive and vast in the former with it leveraging it's position as the principal governing body of the nation.
Ideology: Conservative, Communal, Fundamentalist, Militant
Leader/s:
- Speaker of The Grand Parliament
- Director of War
- Director of Diplomacy
-
Relations (Trade agreements, existing military alliances, rivals, etc)

Population Info
Brief Description of your people:
Religion: Shaxaism
Ethnicity: Shaxa
Main/Accepted Culture(s): Muloo Shaxa, Nuyenu Shaxa, Nuyeuwe Shaxa, Shimani Shaxa, Neyusi Shaxa, Neno Shaxa
Other Cultures: Arabs, Bantus, Indians, SE Asiatic populations, etc. Small Minorities living in enclaves on the coast, remnants of their once vast empire.

Military Info
Army:
- Organization/Numbers: Divided into 522,000 Sazari organized into 87 Regiments themselves divided 4 broad "Divisions"; The 12 Banner Armies, The Artillery Banner, the Cavalry Banner, and finally the Capital Guard Banner. The Sazari, A Shaxa word for soldier, are in the simplest terms are a class of semi-professional soldiers derived from an allotment system which organizes the various census recognized voters and their households into lineage derived clans averaging about 10-15 households each. This organizational unit in addition to it's military purpose also serves as the most basic administrative unit and for allocation of taxes all of which is important for the former. Under the system each Clan is required to both produce and provide for the upkeep of a certain quota of Sazari from among their members, the number of which is based on the number of households. While in service the Sazari(s) and their households are tax exempt and receive compensation in the form of a wage and equipment in exchange for their service. The other households within the Clan in turn are required to provide taxes many of which are used to pay for the upkeep of the former. As a result of this system they are able to maintain a full time army that isn't tied to the seasons resulting in a decisive edge against local opponents especially. Said Clans are further organized into Boroughs centered around a city and which are required to provide a Regiments worth of men.

Regiments are themselves divided into 3 columns a Service Column consisting of the majority of it's support troops, a Field Column, and finally a Home Column. The Field Column as it's name implies serves as the field fighting force of the Regiment patrolling serving overseas and engaging in offensive operations in wartime while patrolling and training during peacetime, while in contrast the Home Column is sorta a reserve unit charged with garrison duty and training and recruiting new Sazari into the fold. Said units will over a 6 month period switch over with each other with the Field becoming the Home and vice versa to keep the troops within each fresh and rested and give them time to recoup their losses. The authorized field strength of a regiment is 5184 and in turn each column is composed of 1728 men.Counting men who technically serve outside of designated units of the regiment mostly in the administrative and political role this brings the total number of men in a regiment to about 6,000 in actually of which only around 2,400 bear arms.

In terms of the greater divisions The Banner Armies serve as the principal front line fighting units comprised of the vast majority of their forces in question. All together they consist of 72 regiments with each banner numbering around 24,000 men when put to the field of battle. The other divisions as somewhat explained in their names consist of the Artillery Banner being charged with the Military's heavy guns composed of 8 Regiments, the Cavalry Banner comprising it's cavalry consisting of 4 Regiments; and finally the Capital Guard composed of 3 regiments done on a rotational basis by Sazari from volunteers derived from each of the former 3 banners.

- Quality: The ground forces that comprise the Shaxa's military are since the fall of the empire but a shadow of former glory. Though the most favored of the Empire's since the Fall they have tried and tried again to try to catch up to their surrounding rivals but every time they do they simply get left in the dust. Their weapons are aging at best and ancient at worse with their once vaunted Sazari left looking like anachronisms of an older age. Clad In chain mail, old fashioned steel helmets and white uniforms look rather out of place in the modern world. In terms of armaments while firearms have long been a staple of combat within their campaigns older weapons namely spear and shield, swords and axes still hold sway due in part to the total lack of bayonets which seems to have missed them as a development. Firearms mostly consist of quartzlock and matchlock musket designs notably a locally produced double barrel Blunderbuss of sorts which while reasonably effective in the short tight chaotic combats present in jungle warfare is lacking in range. Though Artillery is present unlike in so many others within their region is mostly of the light type and of archaic composition due in no small part from the challenges present within the region, namely the poor infrastructure preventing them from being used to their greatest effect. The Largest guns used are 12lb wrought iron cannons but these are rare with 6lb cannons and even mortars comprising a far greater share. By and far the most unique and not only that the most common are various varieties of both Jingal Guns, a sorta wall gun esque piece mounted on a swivel, and their famed Elephant Guns, a small 3lb cannon mounted on a Howdah, both used as their primary field pieces supporting the infantry in battle. All this combined as mentioned before creates for a force in terms of weapons to be quite off pace of modern powers from a technological standpoint that even at their best seems to always be one step behind.

On the otherhand this is in part tempered by another facet namely the personnel which while their weapons are poor the men are not. The Sazari as mentioned before are a trained force of semi-professional professional standing soldiers present in a land where as needed call up troops and tribal levies are still the norm. Many of the advantages that the Pale Men might enjoy against local opponents are certainly not the case for the Shaxa and their Sazari who like the Pale Men's troops are not bound to the seasons for campaign, have an organized system of logistics that is widely recognized for it's efficiency, and disciplined and trained units capable of executing complicated and sophisticated maneuvers on a dynamic and wide battlefield. In many a case well drilled Sazari spear and musket lines proved more than a match for the Pale Men both of the east and the west and their industrial backed forces. In terms of training Boys from the age of 8-14 within the Shaxa homeland are inducted into the Monastic public school system whereby they are given an education mostly centered around Religious and scholastic instruction but also Martial Training. Martial arts relating toward the traditional weapons of gun, spear, blade, and fist taught primarily by aging Sazari veterans. Upon coming of age and establishing a household and getting chosen to be a Sazari most of their training post is on the job with other Senior Sazari. Hence Semi-professionals since they rely more on experience than proper formal training and when on home duty though they do some garrison duty they spend a good portion of the time at home resting. Equipment and wages, in form of rice, are provided directly from the central government resulting in a force loyal to it rather than to regional leaders like a feudal lords and tribal chiefs reducing the likelihood of internal divisions that could lead to another civil war.

Tactically the force has reoriented itself from it's historical reputation for aggression and offensive action being replaced with a more defensive focus centered around trying to negate the Pale Men's greater firepower. The key to this is the use of fortifications known as Fahaxi which similar to the Pa seen among the savages to the far eastern lands are composed of a mix of earthen terraces, palisades, and firing pits usually overlapping one another to allow for units to fire over top another's heads. typically situated atop hills and other strategic pieces of high ground they serve tactically as the nucleus from which their forces are centered around on the battlefield. The low cost and ability to be built in a rapid manner, sometimes in as little as 24hrs. The typical modus operandi involves drawing the enemy into attacking said Fahaxi and letting it absorb their firepower wasting time, resources, and manpower trying to assault the thing. At this point either A they quietly retreat regrouping in a new location and doing it all over again; or B draw the enemy into a direct assault where the enemies main firepower advantage might be partially negated compounded by the use of fast moving hidden field units to encircle the now committed enemy force forcing them into a close combat scenario where the Shaxa's superior numbers and melee prowess might allow them to win the day. This adds onto their overall grand strategy in terms of defending their territory which itself is centered on defense in depth. The idea being draw enemy invaders deep into the countryside to stretch their supply lines, forcing their assault into a sluggish crawl via the use of extensive conventional fieldworks, and making them bleed in occupied areas via the extensive use of both local miltia but also regular Sazari who bypassed their main force who focus on targeting their supply lines and reinforcements. When the enemy field units are finally bled white in the quagmire this is followed by the rapid regaining of territory via hard charging counter offensives typified by and the mass encirclement of enemy columns who are with time destroyed in detail. The Fahaxi as such is not surprisingly a major component of this. To summarize good and focused on the defense but offensively limited primarily due to a lack of industrial production capabilities and consequent tech issues.

Navy: (branches, number of troops, quality of navy, etc,)
- Organization/Numbers: Composed of approximately 120,000 men arranged into 20 Regiments manning approximately 240 ships of various sizes and types. Said Regiments similar to their land unit counterparts are organized into 3 columns. That being a service, field and home column albeit they operate somewhat differently with the Home units spending their time garrisoning coastal forts and resting while the Field units man the ships the Regiment is assigned to. They also of course use the system in a similar manner as the aforementioned making sure to periodically switch with each other to keep themselves fresh and to give time for both to rest and recuperate from losses of course. Those 240 Warships consist of as of now 12 Galleys, 36 Frigate sized ships, 72 Gun Boats and 120 War Canoes. These are divided up among the various Regiments with each being charged with the crew of said ships being derived from the field columns of the Regiments in question. Though the Galleys come somewhat close they lack any sort of significant ship of the line esque heavy ship design with their ships being composed as such of a varied and archaic mix of medium and light designs that haven't been new since the early modern period and would be hopelessly obsolete in any modern clash. The most basic Organizational unit after the Regiments are Fleets which are composed usually composed of a mixture of ships designed to compliment each other and best effect themselves for the mission at hand. Their are as of now 12 of these Fleets each composed of 10 Ships. These can be further organized into Task Groups known as Armadas but those are an adhoc thing created and used when necessary and then disbanded when unneeded.

- Quality: At one point this was the most favored of the branches being for much of the Shaxa's history the principle linchpin of their Thalassocractic empire that spanned the eastern coasts of Africa and southern Asia. When the empire fell it's fortunes went with it becoming little more than a ghost of what once was. At one point they were the preeminent force in the Indian ocean which was known as the "Shaxa Lake" due to said dominance for nearly an age. But when the Pale Man came he came with vastly greater weapons that swept their forces down and left them reeling. Today the Shaxa naval forces are primarily a brown water force with occasional green water duties centered around coastal defense and control of interior waterways. Like the Above Land Component it too is composed of the Sazari Units albeit unlike the formerly mentioned it's troops derive from coastal dwelling populations rather than the interior dwelling populations that are marshaled by the land based units. The general assumption is that in the event of a war the navy is mostly there to slow down the enemy until the land forces are able properly mobilize to face the threat. They in the name are honor are expected to provide the initial line of resistance with ships fighting at sea and it's members manning the ancient forts dotting the coast that while putting up a good and proper show will eventually crumble and be forced to make way at which point the defense will be taken up by the previously mentioned land units. Their fall from grace has been a sad one but not an unexpected one. The technical prowess of the Pale Men and consequently his great advantage in firepower and production quality are most pronounced at sea with no possible means to properly overcome. Hence far from it's position as the preeminent branch the Naval units of the Shaxa have now been relegated as little better than the ugly ducklings of the Military forces more kept for show and pride than anything else. All they can content themselves now with truly are defending ocean going trade routes and the occasional clandestine pirate raid on their ancient foes. The men are good and proud but their weapons are aging and their ships little better than relics of a bygone era, if one were to look into their future it seems all one would find is a dark tunnel with no light at the end.
Other:
War Staff 3600

Brief History: The current military force derive their collective origin from the Black Banner Army Units which served the Central Parliament during the Confederate Wars of yore. Previous armies of the past had been composed of a mix of as needed call up troops derived from tribal levies centered around a core of Professional Caste Warriors. In contrast what made the Black Banner Army Sazari different was there composition primarily of peasant conscripts who enticed with promises of land reform filled the ranks and provided a near endless supply of manpower. Despite the staggering losses they were always able to come back and replace their losses with new bodies and with that via raw attrition the Central Parliament was able to grind their opponents down one by over the course of a hard fought 60 year war in which they emerged victorious. Following the war the Black Banner Units were organized into the previous mentioned divisions.

During the war as a result of outside merchants hoping to capitalize on the chaos of the war the Shaxa acquired both the knowledge and eventually the possession of gunpowder weaponry which revolutionized warfare on the island and which were bought to devastating use against the enemies of the Central Parliament which was one of the first to recognize and acquire such weapons. With both these two innovations, conscription and gunpowder, the Shaxa were like many Gunpowder empires of the period were able to once again claim their place on the sun and establish a mighty empire greater than ever before. In the beginning they had to mostly trade for guns initially with ivory and other resources derived from their land but as the empire pushed onto territories far and wide this was largely replaced with slaves and gold taken from the land and sold to fund the war machine. By the time the Shaxa had acquired the ability to make guns domestically their brutality had already depopulated much of the nearby region. They grew high and large and the military by extension grew powerful with said empire becoming the most vaunted force within the region by far but they like Icarus of the tales might have gone to high. As their empire grew to it's greatest extent stretching across the coast of Africa and even peaking into southern Arabia they like so many others grew complacent with their place and their Military like the rest of the empire declined. A disastrous campaign into Southern India which while not suffering any known defeats on the field they ultimately were forced to withdraw from all but the coast and some surrounding island in what had become an expensive headache due to a mixture of disease and over extension. This was compounded by constant rebellions flaring up on their continental holdings from long oppressed peoples who had for generations chafed against their rule. All this and more began to wear away at the luster that had made the Second Empire so strong and sapped the Military's fighting abilities and morale. When the Pale faced Men of the east and the Pen of the west came they found a decaying empire and a military long past it's prime.

At the dawn of the arrival of the Pale Men they thought little for though this new arrival had nice shiny toys no enemy before had ever truly been able to defeat them on equal terms. Even the Campaigns in India had largely come down to and been blamed on the severe logistical hurdles of the region which proved nearly insurmountable. When the Pale Men came the Shaxa demanded they like so many others before submit to them if they so wished to enter and trade in their domains, pay tribute or face death for all who come. The Pale Men of both the East and West while initially cowed eventually came to realize the Shaxa military for what it was. A creaky house waiting to be blown away by a strong wind. When war broke out they came out swinging though admittedly the Shaxa achieved a surprising amount of initial success being able to overcome whatever tech advantage the enemy had via raw numbers, knowledge of the terrain, raw determination, and finally but not least the logistical hassles of operating so far from their own lands something that had itself caused problems for the Shaxa in previous times ironically enough. While behind technologically and in decline the well drilled spear and matchlock armed chain mail clad Sazari were still able to achieve victory against the would be conquerors saving the Shaxa from the jaws of defeat. With trial and error and patience though the Pale Men learned from their mistakes and with time learned of both the advantages and weaknesses of their enemy. After licking their wounds they were able to come back stronger than ever and over the course time they slowly began to Push the Shaxa back taking apart their Empire piece by piece until eventually all that remained was their homeland which is a fortress few dare to face.

Other Info
Brief Description of your Economy:
Goals:
History:
Last edited by Kazarogkai on Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:47 am, edited 4 times in total.
Centrist
Reactionary
Bigot
Conservationist
Communitarian
Georgist
Distributist
Corporatist
Nationalist
Teetotaler
Ancient weaponry
Politics