NATION

PASSWORD

The Montreal Winter Ball [OOC|OPEN|ALL TECH]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:12 am

Is my post getting replied to or should I continue further without waiting?
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Founded: Jul 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:15 am

A m e n r i a wrote:Is my post getting replied to or should I continue further without waiting?

You can continue further and assume you were checked in by a nameless policemen. Unfortunately, I couldn't make check-in posts for all the guests.
Last edited by Nouveau Quebecois on Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't talk to Moderators.
Don't associate with Moderators.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:55 am

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
A m e n r i a wrote:Is my post getting replied to or should I continue further without waiting?

You can continue further and assume you were checked in by a nameless policemen. Unfortunately, I couldn't make check-in posts for all the guests.

Noted.
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.

Eritei
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 22, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Eritei » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:17 am

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:also important:

the third post in this thread is now an announcement archive (viewtopic.php?p=36486676#p36486676). if you ever not feel like thralling through page after page of OOC dribble and just want to get to the important stuff, you can go there. The most recent event announcement is also up there.

1 more thing

I need a co-op pls

What would you need the co-op to do?
I shouldn’t bee to busy during the afternoon (note I’m in high school and work, so I’ll do what I can when I can)
If you want someone who’s more available or knows more, do look away from this. But hey, I hopefully don’t have much in the way (I’ll let you know if that changes tho)

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:24 am

Eritei wrote:What would you need the co-op to do?
I shouldn’t bee to busy during the afternoon (note I’m in high school and work, so I’ll do what I can when I can)
If you want someone who’s more available or knows more, do look away from this. But hey, I hopefully don’t have much in the way (I’ll let you know if that changes tho)

I just need a Co-Op to surpervise the vetting process and accept RSVPs. It's unpaid work though, so I don't think anyone would bite.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Eritei
Spokesperson

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Eritei » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:09 am

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Eritei wrote:What would you need the co-op to do?

I just need a Co-Op to surpervise the vetting process and accept RSVPs. It's unpaid work though, so I don't think anyone would bite.

vetting process?

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:11 am

Eritei wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:I just need a Co-Op to surpervise the vetting process and accept RSVPs. It's unpaid work though, so I don't think anyone would bite.

vetting process?

Vetting. Like border security for the event. Checking RSVP papers.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Eritei
Spokesperson

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Eritei » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:12 am

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Eritei wrote:vetting process?

Vetting. Like border security for the event. Checking RSVP papers.

ah
Yeah, I'd have to get back to you on that later, the week's kinda busy for me

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:15 am

Eritei wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:Vetting. Like border security for the event. Checking RSVP papers.

ah
Yeah, I'd have to get back to you on that later, the week's kinda busy for me

No problem.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Skyhooked
Senator

Founded: Mar 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyhooked » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:17 am

Ummm... I wanna participate, but leader's origins are non-MT. He is a scientific project, some sort of superhuman, created in vat. Should I make up a different character? Or just say, that "Shawn's origins are a topic of many speculations" or so?
Skyhooked is MT/PMT with a few FT elements. Military is factbook only. NS stats are mostly non canon.
If you wanna know more about this haven of sin: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=418281&start=1

Our country offers: Alcohol, guns, cigars, weed, gambling, beaches and tons of souvenirs. And our current special: PL-74 Plasma rifle 25% discount!

Refreshing News:
Skyhooked is at war with Octavia, still holding agaisnt endless hordes of robots, vampires and traitors of humanity!/Global Defense Council was formed to help Earth hold agaisnt invasion./Luckily, we survived long enough and forces of Mandate of Humanity have arrived. (https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=484352)

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:20 am

Skyhooked wrote:Ummm... I wanna participate, but leader's origins are non-MT. He is a scientific project, some sort of superhuman, created in vat. Should I make up a different character? Or just say, that "Shawn's origins are a topic of many speculations" or so?

Considering someone here took the civil liberties to host an impromptu fireworks bombing raid over my city, I think a little cyber-tronics won't hurt.

"Shawn's origins are a topic of many speculations" would suit just fine. As long as he appears and is mostly human, we're good.
Last edited by Nouveau Quebecois on Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:29 am

Lux Pulchrae wrote:11:30am, December 5th. Montreal, New Quebec

Having departed from the airport and on their way to the Hotel de Ville, Cleone and Cecile watched the city pass by. They looked on in somewhat of an awe, cities weren't so grand in Lux Pulchrae. Sure, they were modern, but they weren't congested with skyscrapers and traffic except for maybe the cities on the Spanish Coast, Firenze, and New Versailles.

"Quite a city." Cecile commented, speaking only ever in French "Not like home, or at least not where we live."

"A bit cold though no?"

"Nothing too bad. It can get like this in Dumont, at least it's not Alemania. Those people are stuck behind the mountains, I can't imagine what it's like for them in this season." Watching the streets, she noticed city hall looked to be in a bit of a commotion.

"They can deal with it, they're tough people. But you're right, this is a good looking city." Cleone agreed as the transport came to a stop in front of the hotel. Stepping out first, his attire was revealed; something simple, a gray overcoat with black pants and shoes and a pair of black leather gloves. He held Cecile's hand to help her out of the vehicle, herself wearing similar humble clothes with a long black overcoat that went down to her below her knees and had a short shoulder cape going around it. Since it was a short stay, they left security back home. They took their luggage out and headed to the reception desk.

Much to Cleone's dismay, he greeted the desk in French, which one could tell was not his first language "Bonjour, we are guests of the ball later this month, but we're on an early visit. We would like to get a room for a couple days, something with a nice view, the lady likes to look at the city."

Don't I have a meeting with you today?
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:55 am

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Skyhooked wrote:Ummm... I wanna participate, but leader's origins are non-MT. He is a scientific project, some sort of superhuman, created in vat. Should I make up a different character? Or just say, that "Shawn's origins are a topic of many speculations" or so?

Considering someone here took the civil liberties to host an impromptu fireworks bombing raid over my city, I think a little cyber-tronics won't hurt.

"Shawn's origins are a topic of many speculations" would suit just fine. As long as he appears and is mostly human, we're good.

This, and my vampire delegates :p

Eritei
Spokesperson

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Eritei » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:58 am

A m e n r i a wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:Considering someone here took the civil liberties to host an impromptu fireworks bombing raid over my city, I think a little cyber-tronics won't hurt.

I wonder how that's going to turn out

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:03 am

Eritei wrote:
A m e n r i a wrote:

I wonder how that's going to turn out

They're the neighborhood friendly kind, so approach them as you would any person.

Shikonjima
Diplomat

Founded: May 24, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Shikonjima » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:52 am

A m e n r i a wrote:
Eritei wrote:I wonder how that's going to turn out

They're the neighborhood friendly kind, so approach them as you would any person.

I'm considering taking the challenge. ^^
(I'm working at my first post, so this could indeed be a good moment for me to jump into this.)

Skyhooked
Senator

Founded: Mar 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyhooked » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:09 am

R.S.V.P

Basic Information
Full Name: Shawn Bjornson
Full Title: Great Khan of Skyhooked
Appearance:
(Of course, he will wear an appropriate suit, when the protocol requires to do so.) Shawn is a 191cm tall, tough looking man.
Marital Status: Single.
Date of Birth and Age: Officially he is 27 years old.
Personality/Biography: Sudden appearence and rise to power of Shawn is a subject to countless speculations and discussions in Skyhooked. This vat born human was almsot recently elected to be the leader of Skyhooked by a special referendum, and so far, proved to be an inexperienced yet capable leader. A cheerful and slightly immature man of many vices, he is patriotic and willing to put the necessary effort and take responsibility to lead and represent Skyhooked on international arena.
Date of Arrival: Immediately.
Length of Stay: Until Skyhooked needs him.
Do You Agree To Respect Quebecois Laws and Customs?: If it's necessary, yes.

National Information
Nationality: Skyhookedian.
Representing: The Commonwealth of Skyhooked.
National/Royal Anthem: Orchestra probably won't play this, but... can ya' try to play "Warriors of the world" by Manowar? Yes, our people have tried to make this our national anthem by vote.

Security Information
Security Detail: Ol' Shawn comes alone, ain't afraid of anything.
Security Armaments: Ceremonial weapons double as security ones. And a concealed Colt 1911.
Ceremonial Weapons: Silver "Vaquero" revolver. (A gift the hosting party) and a Khan's warclub. An exquisitely decorated baseball bat with silver spikes and "First Rifle", a custom made 5.56 assault rifle, created during the revolution by First Leader Seth.

Optional Information
Likes: Alcohol, ganja, freedom, wild parites, hot women/men, weapons, good fight, metal (music), being passionate, exotic and/or beautiful things and people, bigger cats, some poetry.
Dislikes: Fascism, uptight people, prudism, excessive restrictions,
Hobbies: Video games, extreme sports, gunslinging, exploring.
IC Thoughts On The Event: "Despite our differences, I am still honored to recieve an invitation for this unique event. If I play my cards right, I could forge several useful diplomatic connections for Skyhooked.
IC Reasons for Attending The Event: Establishment of diplomatic ties, spreading cultural influence and gatheirng intel.
OOC Thoughts On The Event: I didn't RP for so long...
OOC Reasons for Attending The Event: To add a new character some extra flavor.
Questions/Comments/Concerns: None so far, but may appear.
Last edited by Skyhooked on Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skyhooked is MT/PMT with a few FT elements. Military is factbook only. NS stats are mostly non canon.
If you wanna know more about this haven of sin: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=418281&start=1

Our country offers: Alcohol, guns, cigars, weed, gambling, beaches and tons of souvenirs. And our current special: PL-74 Plasma rifle 25% discount!

Refreshing News:
Skyhooked is at war with Octavia, still holding agaisnt endless hordes of robots, vampires and traitors of humanity!/Global Defense Council was formed to help Earth hold agaisnt invasion./Luckily, we survived long enough and forces of Mandate of Humanity have arrived. (https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=484352)

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:29 am

A m e n r i a wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:Considering someone here took the civil liberties to host an impromptu fireworks bombing raid over my city, I think a little cyber-tronics won't hurt.

Yeah, that, but please don't let it affect the RP in an unrealistic way in the future, ie; going around and biting Montrealers.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:32 am

Skyhooked wrote:
R.S.V.P

Basic Information
Full Name: Shawn Bjornson
Full Title: Great Khan of Skyhooked
Appearance: (Of course, he will wear an appropriate suit, when the protocol requires to do so.) Shawn is a 191cm tall, tough looking man.
Marital Status: Single.
Date of Birth and Age: Officially he is 27 years old.
Personality/Biography: Sudden appearence and rise to power of Shawn is a subject to countless speculations and discussions in Skyhooked. This vat born human was almsot recently elected to be the leader of Skyhooked by a special referendum, and so far, proved to be an inexperienced yet capable leader. A cheerful and slightly immature man of many vices, he is patriotic and willing to put the necessary effort and take responsibility to lead and represent Skyhooked on international arena.
Date of Arrival: Immediately.
Length of Stay: Until Skyhooked needs him.
Do You Agree To Respect Quebecois Laws and Customs?: If it's necessary, yes.

National Information
Nationality: Skyhookedian.
Representing: The Commonwealth of Skyhooked.
National/Royal Anthem: Orchestra probably won't play this, but... can ya' try to play "Warriors of the world" by Manowar? Yes, our people have tried to make this our national anthem by vote.

Security Information
Security Detail: Ol' Shawn comes alone, ain't afraid of anything.
Security Armaments: Ceremonial weapons double as security ones. And a concealed Colt 1911.
Ceremonial Weapons: Silver "Vaquero" revolver. (A gift the hosting party) and a Khan's warclub. An exquisitely decorated baseball bat with silver spikes and "First Rifle", a custom made 5.56 assault rifle, created during the revolution by First Leader Seth.

Optional Information
Likes: Alcohol, ganja, freedom, wild parites, hot women/men, weapons, good fight, metal (music), being passionate, exotic and/or beautiful things and people, bigger cats, some poetry.
Dislikes: Fascism, uptight people, prudism, excessive restrictions,
Hobbies: Video games, extreme sports, gunslinging, exploring.
IC Thoughts On The Event: "Despite our differences, I am still honored to recieve an invitation for this unique event. If I play my cards right, I could forge several useful diplomatic connections for Skyhooked.
IC Reasons for Attending The Event: Establishment of diplomatic ties, spreading cultural influence and gatheirng intel.
OOC Thoughts On The Event: I didn't RP for so long...
OOC Reasons for Attending The Event: To add a new character some extra flavor.
Questions/Comments/Concerns: None so far, but may appear.

Conditional Pass

All clear...ish. Montreal Police can't let you bring a 5.56 NATO-caliber rifle and a baseball bat to a formal ball. You can pass them as ceromonial weapons but police will confisticate them during the main ball.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:35 am

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Not to be outdone, the British decided to come in absolute splendour and style, showing off bright new (disarmed) military planes releasing firework missiles across the city, in the shape and colours of the British flag, as a large airshow began in Montreal, with James Hormet and his guards paratrooping in, wearing specially-made jackets to look like shooting stars. The show, whilst expensive, showed off both the power and wealth of the Empire to the international community. But that wasn't the end of it, no. To greet the Emperor at his site, the most esteemed musicians across the country formed an orchestra to create a truly ground-shaking, impressive composition, with a flotilla of golden and diamond cars to escort the Emperor to the palace, where he took off his airsuit to reveal a shining imperial coat wielding every gem from black diamond to alexandrite, each one cut to atomic perfection, shining the flood lights which had been placed atop the cars. Under it he wore an impressive suit, made of the finest fabric and linens of the day, with a Musgravite-plated watch on top as his left hand wielded one of the largest jewels in the world, known as the British benoite, a benoite able to shine a million times more than a diamond, atop a scepter as his right revealed a sharp greatsword with made from a mixture of every known gemstone in the world. It was truly glorious.

... Wow, um, I'm glad Quebecois authorities were notified in advance about this.

Oh come on, it's just a few fireworks and the Emperor paratrooping in.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:38 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:... Wow, um, I'm glad Quebecois authorities were notified in advance about this.

Oh come on, it's just a few fireworks and the Emperor paratrooping in.

Your post inspired me to draft up a protest event, where a few hundred Montrealers gather outside the residence to protest the decision of inviting foreign leaders to Quebec :lol2:
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Eritei
Spokesperson

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Eritei » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:42 am

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Oh come on, it's just a few fireworks and the Emperor paratrooping in.

Your post inspired me to draft up a protest event, where a few hundred Montrealers gather outside the residence to protest the decision of inviting foreign leaders to Quebec :lol2:

oh god, gotta get myself involved in that.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:43 am

Skyhooked wrote:

Yeah... I'll uh... I'll just add this to the Unceremonious Setlist...
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Eritei
Spokesperson

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Eritei » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:43 am

also, I hate how the ns forums times are in a certain time zone. It makes it so that 2am for me is 4am

Shikonjima
Diplomat

Founded: May 24, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Shikonjima » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:45 am

Eritei wrote:also, I hate how the ns forums times are in a certain time zone. It makes it so that 2am for me is 4am

User Control Panel -> Board preferences -> My timezone. ;)
Last edited by Shikonjima on Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates