NATION

PASSWORD

The Montreal Winter Ball [OOC|OPEN|ALL TECH]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Founded: Jul 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:34 pm

Shikonjima wrote:
R.S.V.P

Basic Information
Full Name: Princess Kyouko Yamura.
Full Title: Yamura no Kyouko Koushaku, Princess of Shikonjima, Viscountess of the Oui no Tochi, Highest Servant of the Four Souls, Highest Lady of the Kazoku.
Appearance:
Marital Status: Single.
Date of Birth and Age: February 15. (Age 26.)
Personality/Biography: Born as one out of six children of Prince (previously Emperor) Shinji Yamura and Ichiko Samban, Kyouko grew up in the Royal Palace of Nashinya, thus familiarized herself with the rights and duties of Shikonjimanese Royalty at a very early age. At the age of ten, she applied for the renowned Takaiie Academy in Toriyama, receiving the necessary education at History, Politics, Philosophy, as well as the Arts in order to qualify for a Monarch - who she eventually became at the age of 18 after Shinji-Koushaku's resign. Ever since then, she has been the Absolute Ruler of Shikonjima, her era being called Wakaijidai ('Younger Age').
While Kyouko does follow the etiquette expected from a Shikonjimanese Royal, she can also behave in a more 'natural' manner, if said etiquette doesn't require otherwise. She is usually quite calm and hard to upset. She is fluent at Shikonjimanese, English, German, and Sharulsi (Mongolian).
Date of Arrival: Immediately.
Length of Stay: Until December 26.
Do You Agree To Respect Quebecois Laws and Customs?: Yes.

National Information
Nationality: Shikonjimanese.
Representing: The Yamura House, the Royal House of the Principality of Shikonjima.
National/Royal Anthem: N/A (Shikonjima does not have an official anthem).

Security Information
Security Detail: None.
Security Armaments: None.
Ceremonial Weapons: One Shikonjimanese Katana, golden, with ornaments.

Optional Information
Likes: Music (both classical and modern, of all origins possible), Arts, spicy food, a good drop to drink, quality humor.
Dislikes: Needless superciliousness, dogmatism/insistence on being right, wastefulness.
Hobbies: Horseriding, katana swordfighting, watching all kinds of sports. (Rumors have it, that she enjoys videogaming as well, but this has remained unconfirmed so far.)
IC Thoughts On The Event: "This could be an excellent opportunity to make contact and to see a new place. And to have fun! But that only on a side note."
IC Reasons for Attending The Event: See above.
OOC Thoughts On The Event: This could be fun and interesting!
OOC Reasons for Attending The Event: I'm into character-based RPs of all sorts, including this one.
Questions/Comments/Concerns: None so far ...

Application Accepted

All clear.

Shikonjima wrote:
R.S.V.P

Basic Information
Full Name: Miyumi Kaneko.
Full Title: Kaneko Miyumi Saishou, State Secretary of the Foreign Office.
Appearance:
Date of Birth and Age: October 23. (Age 33.)
Personality/Biography: Kaneko was born into a family of workers, her parents, back in the day, having manufactored components for what would now be Morimoto Motorworks Ltd. Only due to hard work, she graduated from high school as one of the best of her year, studying International Relations at the University of Toriyama afterwards, finishing with a Master's Degree. She worked for Morimoto's sales department for a while and traveled to quite a couple of countries, until she decided to not only represent one Shikonjimanese company, but the entire country - which got her into the Foreign Office after a long, hard application process. As of now, she represents Foreign Minister Jitsuko Sageshima, who is currently busy with other negotiations.
She is generally friendly, open, and multilingual, speaking five languages fluently and three more at a level making her capable of getting her point across.

National Information
Representing: The Foreign Office of the Principality of Shikonjima.
National/Royal Anthem: N/A.

Security Information
Ceremonial Weapons: None.

Optional Information
Likes: Shoptalking (especially in and about foreign languages as well as economics), open-mindedness, food and drinks of basically all sorts.
Dislikes: Dogmatism, unreasonably strong expression of opinions, shoes on the sofa.
Hobbies: Reading, practicing foreign languages, car racing.
IC Thoughts On The Event: "This could be an excellent opportunity to make contact and to see a new place."
OOC Thoughts On The Event: See above.
OOC Reasons for Attending The Event: See above.
Questions/Comments/Concerns: Still none so far ...

Application Accepted

All clear. Is French one of her five languages?

Shikonjima wrote:
R.S.V.P

Basic Information
Full Name: Tolui Belgunot.
Full Title: Tolui Belgunot Sayd, Vizier of the Sharulsi Khanate, Royal Advisor to His Royal Majesty Atakheer Khan.
Appearance:
Date of Birth and Age: August 12. (Age 44.)
Personality/Biography: Tolui Belgunot is the son of Batu Belgunot and Altantsetseg Nergüi, born into a family of merchants. During an unassuming school career, he discovered horsearchery for himself and soon joined the Mangudai (a nowadays ceremonial horsearchery unit with centuries of tradition); in parallel, he started to study Economics and Philosophy at the University of Ulaanels, graduating with a Master's Degree. He spent a few years of work in the Ministry of Commerce of the State of Khoidzurvas Aimag, where he didn't only meet the local Beg ('Chief'), but also members of the family of the Ilkhans, who maintained good contacts into the Sharulsi leadership. Following their recommendation, Atakheer Khan finally admitted him into his Advisory Staff. He played a vital role during an international conference on the Territory of Elista Devseg, a former Shikonjimanese Colony.
From a superficial perspective, one would consider him cold and relentlessly scheming, but once one gets him to know, one will find, that he can also be friendly, and even funny at some point.

National Information
Nationality: Sharulsi.
Representing: The Sharulsi Khanate.

Security Information

Optional Information
Likes: Intellectuality, rationality, well-spiced meat, red wine, classical music.
Dislikes: Emotionally loaded debates, underspiced food, clinginess.
Hobbies: Horsearchery, chess, reading, drinking wine.
IC Thoughts On The Event: "This sounds like a promising event for possible diplomacy."
IC Reasons for Attending The Event: Sent by Atakheer Khan, in accordance with Kyouko-Koushaku.
Questions/Comments/Concerns: The Sharulsi Khanate is an NPC-Nation controlled by me and interconnected with Shikonjima at all levels (including Royalty). Puppethood can be confirmed, if wished.

Application Accepted

All clear.
Last edited by Nouveau Quebecois on Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't talk to Moderators.
Don't associate with Moderators.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:39 pm

Confederate American SU wrote:
R.S.V.P

Basic Information
Full Name: Casey Flannery Pickett
Full Title: Captain-General of the Confederate-Continental Armed Forces (None if non-Fallout)
Appearance: Same as in the factbook, except he has no beard. He'd be wearing a red, shin-length, and ruffled strapless dress that flares out and has a ribbon and detached sleeves. And, black stockings and lace gloves as well.
Marital Status: Single
Date of Birth and Age: March 15, over 250 years old. (25 if non-Fallout)
Personality/Biography: An eccentric, vulgar, and reclusive programmer for Mr. House, Pickett survived the bombs by putting his brain into vat and creating a bunker in Mount Jefferson in Oregon. From there, he initially impressed tribals into electing him as the leader of the 'Minutemen'. Using a war between the cruel Washington Brotherhood and Cause as a distraction, Pickett and his Democrats seized power in the Feburary and October Revolutions respectively. From there, he reunited America under the RCAS. His personality is best described as unfiltered and chaotic, shifting between extremes rather quickly. He is a good actor however, and his 'role' is being a 'lady'.

Alternatively: He could just be some American ultranationalist who happens to slip into the ball as a 'socialite'. Same personality though.
Date of Arrival: Immediately
Length of Stay: Until he gets bored.
Do You Agree To Respect Quebecois Laws and Customs?: Maybe. If he doesn't, he probably will just commit suicide. Though, maybe his very existence breaks Quebecois laws and customs. (Definitely yes if he is the non-Fallout version)
National Information
Nationality: American
Representing: The Republic of Confederate American States (Or, the National State's Rights Democratic Party if the Fallout lore is ignored.)
National/Royal Anthem: Star Spangled Cross (The Star Spangled Banner if non-Fallout)

Security Information
Security Detail: None
Security Armaments: N/A
Ceremonial Weapons: N/A

Optional Information
Likes: Games, technology, good food, MERICUH, Western cultures, stuffed animals, pranks
Dislikes: Gross things, boredom, prudishness, elitism, overly pious types, being restrained, racial minorities
Hobbies: Programming, video games, gun-slinging, war, reading
IC Thoughts On The Event: "Wow....So pretentious! And, done by super religious types... Welp, they must have some good food in there. Hehe"
IC Reasons for Attending The Event: Has nothing better to do. Wants to check the people who 'ruined Quebecois nationalism' out. Likes to explore other universes. (Non-Fallout version probably would just be trying to get Quebecois support for his group, as much as he hates it.)
OOC Thoughts On The Event: Just an opportunity to have fun.
OOC Reasons for Attending The Event: I like RPing as Pickett in wacky situations.
Questions/Comments/Concerns: Already asked those before. But, it is up to you whether you want him Fallout-flavored or more fitting to your universe.

Could you tell me a bit more about the difference between this "Fallout-Flavour" and the alternative?
Last edited by Nouveau Quebecois on Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Confederate American SU
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 29, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby Confederate American SU » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:42 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
R.S.V.P

Basic Information
Full Title: Captain-General of the Confederate-Continental Armed Forces (None if non-Fallout)
Appearance: Same as in the factbook, except he has no beard. He'd be wearing a red, shin-length, and ruffled strapless dress that flares out and has a ribbon and detached sleeves. And, black stockings and red lace gloves as well.
Personality/Biography: An eccentric, vulgar, and reclusive programmer for Mr. House, Pickett survived the bombs by putting his brain into vat and creating a bunker in Mount Jefferson in Oregon. From there, he initially impressed tribals into electing him as the leader of the 'Minutemen'. Using a war between the cruel Washington Brotherhood and Cause as a distraction, Pickett and his Democrats seized power in the Feburary and October Revolutions respectively. From there, he reunited America under the RCAS. His personality is best described as unfiltered and chaotic, shifting between extremes rather quickly. He is a good actor however, and his 'role' is being a 'lady'.

Alternatively: He could just be some American ultranationalist who happens to slip into the ball as a 'socialite'. Same personality though.
Do You Agree To Respect Quebecois Laws and Customs?: Maybe. If he doesn't, he probably will just commit suicide. Though, maybe his very existence breaks Quebecois laws and customs. (Definitely yes if he is the non-Fallout version)
National Information
Representing: The Republic of Confederate American States (Or, the National State's Rights Democratic Party if the Fallout lore is ignored.)
National/Royal Anthem: Star Spangled Cross (The Star Spangled Banner if non-Fallout)

Security Information

Optional Information
Likes: Games, technology, good food, MERICUH, Western cultures, stuffed animals, pranks
Dislikes: Gross things, boredom, prudishness, elitism, overly pious types, being restrained, racial minorities
IC Thoughts On The Event: "Wow....So pretentious! And, done by super religious types... Welp, they must have some good food in there. Hehe"
IC Reasons for Attending The Event: Has nothing better to do. Wants to check the people who 'ruined Quebecois nationalism' out. Likes to explore other universes. (Non-Fallout version probably would just be trying to get Quebecois support for his group, as much as he hates it.)
OOC Reasons for Attending The Event: I like RPing as Pickett in wacky situations.
Questions/Comments/Concerns: Already asked those before. But, it is up to you whether you want him Fallout-flavored or more fitting to your universe.

Could you tell me a bit more about the difference between this "Fallout-Flavour" and the alternative?

The Fallout-flavor has his entire backstory and him being from another universe. The alternative is him being a non-immortal 20 something in the same universe as Nouveau Quebecois. I hope neither is really game-breaking. I apologize if I'm not a good fit for this.
Last edited by Confederate American SU on Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
★★========★★
==★★====★★==
====
★★★★====
==
★★====★★==
★★========★★

★No, it is not the South. SU stands for 'States and Unions'. The right acronym is RCAS. Please read the Factbook.★

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:45 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:Could you tell me a bit more about the difference between this "Fallout-Flavour" and the alternative?

The Fallout-flavor has his entire backstory and him being from another universe. The alternative is him being a non-immortal 20 something in the same universe as Nouveau Quebecois. I hope neither is really game-breaking. I apologize if I'm not a good fit for this.

Hm... The Fallout-style sounds interesting, and I hate dull RPs. I'll let you choose whichever one you want. Player satisfaction comes first.

*As long as this doesn't become a problem for the RP or other users (ie; using alt-tech to rob people or something).
Last edited by Nouveau Quebecois on Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Confederate American SU
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 29, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby Confederate American SU » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:54 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:

Hm... The Fallout-style sounds interesting, and I hate dull RPs. I'll let you choose whichever one you want. Player satisfaction comes first.

*As long as this doesn't become a problem for the RP or other users (ie; using alt-tech to rob people or something).

Fallout version, it is.

The only RP-changing advanced tech is that he is 'immortal', but it wouldn't really matter. If he's dead, he's practically removed from the RP. He's not returning, since his new body is literally in another universe.
★★========★★
==★★====★★==
====
★★★★====
==
★★====★★==
★★========★★

★No, it is not the South. SU stands for 'States and Unions'. The right acronym is RCAS. Please read the Factbook.★

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:56 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:

Fallout version, it is.

The only RP-changing advanced tech is that he is 'immortal', but it wouldn't really matter. If he's dead, he's practically removed from the RP. He's not returning, since his new body is literally in another universe.

Alright, good to hear. I'll get through your application soon.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Hanoverian Great Britain
Envoy

Founded: Nov 20, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Hanoverian Great Britain » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:08 am

R.S.V.P

Basic Information
Full Name: {Alexandra Lauren Elizabeth William Hanover}
Full Title: {Alexandra the First, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain, Hanover and Northern Ireland, and of her other Realms and Territories Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith}
Appearance: {Image}
Marital Status: {Single}
Date of Birth and Age: {23}
Personality/Biography: {Alexandra I(born Alexandra Lauren Elizabeth William Hanover) is the current Queen of the United Kingdom, Hanover and other Commonwealth realms. She ascended to the throne upon the death of her father, William VI on 12 October 2017.
Alexandra was born on the 11th of May 1996 during the reign of her father, William VI. Her father was a British monarch while her mother, Rixa was a German princess from the House of Hohenzollern. Upon the conclusion of her baptism just a week later, she was named Alexandra Elizabeth William Hanover, with the names paying homages to the revered monarch Elizabeth I and her father William. Keeping in line with royal British tradition, as heir apparent, she was styled as Princess of Wales. Up until the age of 5, she and her later siblings, were placed under the care of their governess, Rose Watts. According to Watts, Alexandra was described as a "shy, necessarily timid but elegant in her manners and outlook".
Having been initially educated at the Primrose Hill Primary School up until the age of 7, she was described to had been at excellent student in the specific compulsory subjects of English, History and Music. However, despite having a size-able amount of friends there, reports and concerns over the stagnation of her social abilities led her to being switched to a more private education, back home at Buckingham Palace under their trusted governess.}
Date of Arrival: {Immediately}
Length of Stay: {5}
Do You Agree To Respect Quebecois Laws and Customs?: {Yes}

National Information
Nationality: {British}
Representing: {United Kingdom of Great Britain, Hanover and Northern Ireland. House of Hanover}
National/Royal Anthem: {God Save the Queen}

Security Information
Security Detail: {5}
Security Armaments: {Five L85A2 assault rifles}
Ceremonial Weapons: {N/A}

Optional Information
Dislikes: {Violence, Communism, Fascism}
Hobbies: {Shooting, Excercising, Travelling, Dancing}
IC Thoughts On The Event: {It will be fascinating like every other high-class parties}
IC Reasons for Attending The Event: {I can potentially further the interests and reputation of the United Kingdom}
OOC Thoughts On The Event: {Same as IC}
OOC Reasons for Attending The Event: {Looking for a new ball thread}
Questions/Comments/Concerns: {N/A}
Last edited by Hanoverian Great Britain on Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
United Kingdom of Great Britain, Hanover, and Northern Ireland
"By God and By the People"
HM ALEXANDRA

Imperivm Romanvm Sacrvm
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 18, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperivm Romanvm Sacrvm » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:01 am

R.S.V.P

Basic Information
Full Name: Charles IX Karling
Full Title: His Holiness Charles IX, Most August Emperor of the Romans, Vicar of Christ, Defender of Christendom, Supreme Pontiff of the Universal Church, Servant of the Servants of God
Appearance: Here
Marital Status: Married
Date of Birth and Age: 07/03, 63yo
Personality/Biography: Charles IX is the current Holy Roman Emperor and Supreme Pontiff of the Universal Church, having ascended to the position at the age of 37 following the death of the previous office-holder, Francis XII. He was selected by the Conclave of Elector-Cardinals due to his impeccable record on religious matters, his lengthy service within the Imperial Armed Forces, the prestigious history of his family line (being a direct descendent of Charlemagne) and his general popularity amongst the both the upper and lower classes of the Empire.

His lengthy reign has served as a notable period of stability within the oft-tumultuous history of the Empire, seeing little in the way of conflict both internal and external, with some commentators even referring to this period as a new golden age in Imperial history. However, some have criticised this position as one of weakness, accusing the Emperor of failing to take a stand against the Empire's enemies. It is certainly true that Charles is not a particularly violent man, and prefers to peaceably solve disputes rather than resort to violence.
Length of Stay: One Week
Do You Agree To Respect Quebecois Laws and Customs?: Of course.

National Information
Nationality: Holy Roman Imperial
Representing: Holy Roman Empire, Universal Catholic Church
National/Royal Anthem: Deus Salva Imperatore

Security Information
Security Detail: Four
Security Armaments: Basic small arms (Pistols, combat knives)
Ceremonial Weapons: Ceremonial Sabre

Optional Information
Hobbies:
IC Thoughts On The Event: The Emperor is keen to observe the culture and traditions of a fellow catholic state, even one located in another universe. He understands that his authority as Pontiff will likely not be recognised within Quebec, but respects that while he may be head of the Universal Church, such jurisdiction does not apply to other realities.
IC Reasons for Attending The Event: As above, he is curious to observe Quebecois customs and high culture, and is interested in meeting like-minded heads of state and foreign representatives with whom he can converse.
OOC Thoughts On The Event: Looks very well set up and rather interesting.
OOC Reasons for Attending The Event: Mostly to test out a few ideas for this nation and to work on developing the Emperor's character. I also haven't done a ball thread before, so this should be an interesting new experience.
Questions/Comments/Concerns: If you have any questions about the Empire, feel free to ask. The factbooks aren't exactly developed yet, but I do have a fair few ideas about how the Empire works.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:06 am

The Gristolian Imperium wrote:
R.S.V.P

Basic Information
Full Name: Edward Alexander Crofton Estermont
Full Title: The Rt Hon The Earl of Hollington
Appearance: https://i.imgur.com/CH39JPi.jpg?1
Date of Birth and Age: July 23rd, 24
Personality/Biography: The 12th Earl of Hollington, as known by friends as Lord Ed, is known better in high society as "The Emerald Earl". If not for his spectacular set of family jewels, then it is because of his reputation as vibrant socialite gracing all the major events throughout the Isles. From ballrooms to art galleries, Lord Ed has turned his extroverted lifestyle into something of a tabloid fantasy. As the only son of the 11th Earl of Hollington, who also sported quite a popular and public persona, it was no surprise when Lord Ed also began to forge his own reputation.

Unfortunately, even while seeming to live a joyous life, the Earl has already faced several challenging periods in life like the early death of his parents in a private plane accident, and almost facing personal bankruptcy. Regardless, the Emerald Earl has emerged mostly unscathed. He has befriended many well-known personalities, including none other than Prince Alexander, who is currently 3rd in line for the Imperial throne.

Thankfully due to wise investments in the last few years, Lord Ed now concerns himself with building his reputation in Gristolian high society and, as of last year, abroad as well.
Length of Stay: About four days
Do You Agree To Respect Quebecois Laws and Customs?: Yes

National Information
Nationality: Gristolian
Representing: The Gristolian Imperium, Unofficially for the ruling Imperial House of Ballantyne
National/Royal Anthem: N/A

Security Information
Security Armaments: None
Ceremonial Weapons: None

Optional Information
Likes: Socializing with friends, hosting gatherings, gossip, dancing (both modern and traditional), 19th and 20th Century Russian Peredvizhniki artwork, floral-patterned clothing and various types of wine and vodka
Dislikes: Those who fail to continue a conversation, spiders, beer and radical socialists
Hobbies: Event planning, art collecting, dancing, fashion, socializing and (sometimes) hunting
IC Thoughts On The Event: "Dancing, fine conversation and a glass of wine? In what condition would I ever say no to that!"
IC Reasons for Attending The Event: "I've heard Montreal is beautiful in the winter and I'm dying to travel. Perhaps these foreigners can provide better conversation than the bland aristocrats of Dunwall."
OOC Thoughts On The Event: I already love the background of the event and the wonderful way you've set up the OOC page. I can't wait to see how the event turns out!
OOC Reasons for Attending The Event: I've been wanting to find a nice NS RP to begin RPing this nation with. This seems perfect!
Questions/Comments/Concerns: I've been on NS for a few years now off and on so if you need other RP examples from a previous nation (while not amazing, it still shows I can do some basic RP) please ask!

Application Accepted

All clear.

R.S.V.P

Basic Information
Appearance: Same as in the factbook, except he has no beard. He'd be wearing a red, shin-length, and ruffled strapless dress that flares out and has a ribbon and detached sleeves. And, black stockings and lace gloves as well.

National Information

Security Information

Optional Information

Application Accepted

All clear. Just need some clarity for it's gender. Male or female?
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:26 am

Hanoverian Great Britain wrote:
R.S.V.P

Basic Information
Full Name: {Alexandra Elizabeth William Hanover}
Full Title: {Alexandra the First, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, and of her other Realms and Territories Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith}
Appearance: {(Image)}
Marital Status: {Single}
Date of Birth and Age: {23}
Personality/Biography: {Alexandra I(born Alexandra Elizabeth William Hanover) is the current Queen of the United Kingdom, Hanover and other Commonwealth realms. She ascended to the throne upon the death of her father, William VI on 12 October 2017.
Alexandra was born on the 11th of May 1996 during the reign of her father, William VI. Her father was a British monarch while her mother, Rixa was a German princess from the House of Hohenzollern. Upon the conclusion of her baptism just a week later, she was named Alexandra Elizabeth William Hanover, with the names paying homages to the revered monarch Elizabeth I and her father William. Keeping in line with royal British tradition, as heir apparent, she was styled as Princess of Wales. Up until the age of 5, she and her later siblings, were placed under the care of their governess, Rose Watts. According to Watts, Alexandra was described as a "shy, necessarily timid but elegant in her manners and outlook".
Having been initially educated at the Primrose Hill Primary School up until the age of 7, she was described to had been at excellent student in the specific compulsory subjects of English, History and Music. However, despite having a size-able amount of friends there, reports and concerns over the stagnation of her social abilities led her to being switched to a more private education, back home at Buckingham Palace under their trusted governess.}
Date of Arrival: {Immediately}
Length of Stay: {5}
Do You Agree To Respect Quebecois Laws and Customs?: {Yes}

National Information
Nationality: {British}
Representing: {United Kingdom of Great Britain, Hanover and Northern Ireland. House of Hanover}
National/Royal Anthem: {God Save the Queen}

Security Information
Security Detail: {5}
Security Armaments: {Five L85A2 assault rifles}
Ceremonial Weapons: {N/A}

Optional Information
Dislikes: {Violence, Communism, Fascism}
Hobbies: {Shooting, Excercising, Travelling, Dancing}
IC Thoughts On The Event: {It will be fascinating like every other high-class parties}
IC Reasons for Attending The Event: {I can potentially further the interests and reputation of the United Kingdom}
OOC Thoughts On The Event: {Same as IC}
OOC Reasons for Attending The Event: {Looking for a new ball thread}
Questions/Comments/Concerns: {N/A}

Application Accepted

Just be aware that your date of departure would mean you wouldn't be in Quebec for the actual main event. The Winter Ball (within the Winter Festival) takes place from December 20th through 23rd.

Imperivm Romanvm Sacrvm wrote:
R.S.V.P

Basic Information
Full Name: Charles IX Karling
Full Title: His Holiness Charles IX, Most August Emperor of the Romans, Vicar of Christ, Defender of Christendom, Supreme Pontiff of the Universal Church, Servant of the Servants of God
Appearance: Here
Marital Status: Married
Date of Birth and Age: 07/03, 63yo
Personality/Biography: Charles IX is the current Holy Roman Emperor and Supreme Pontiff of the Universal Church, having ascended to the position at the age of 37 following the death of the previous office-holder, Francis XII. He was selected by the Conclave of Elector-Cardinals due to his impeccable record on religious matters, his lengthy service within the Imperial Armed Forces, the prestigious history of his family line (being a direct descendent of Charlemagne) and his general popularity amongst the both the upper and lower classes of the Empire.

His lengthy reign has served as a notable period of stability within the oft-tumultuous history of the Empire, seeing little in the way of conflict both internal and external, with some commentators even referring to this period as a new golden age in Imperial history. However, some have criticised this position as one of weakness, accusing the Emperor of failing to take a stand against the Empire's enemies. It is certainly true that Charles is not a particularly violent man, and prefers to peaceably solve disputes rather than resort to violence.
Length of Stay: One Week
Do You Agree To Respect Quebecois Laws and Customs?: Of course.

National Information
Nationality: Holy Roman Imperial
Representing: Holy Roman Empire, Universal Catholic Church
National/Royal Anthem: Deus Salva Imperatore

Security Information
Security Detail: Four
Security Armaments: Basic small arms (Pistols, combat knives)
Ceremonial Weapons: Ceremonial Sabre

Optional Information
Hobbies:
IC Thoughts On The Event: The Emperor is keen to observe the culture and traditions of a fellow catholic state, even one located in another universe. He understands that his authority as Pontiff will likely not be recognised within Quebec, but respects that while he may be head of the Universal Church, such jurisdiction does not apply to other realities.
IC Reasons for Attending The Event: As above, he is curious to observe Quebecois customs and high culture, and is interested in meeting like-minded heads of state and foreign representatives with whom he can converse.
OOC Thoughts On The Event: Looks very well set up and rather interesting.
OOC Reasons for Attending The Event: Mostly to test out a few ideas for this nation and to work on developing the Emperor's character. I also haven't done a ball thread before, so this should be an interesting new experience.
Questions/Comments/Concerns: If you have any questions about the Empire, feel free to ask. The factbooks aren't exactly developed yet, but I do have a fair few ideas about how the Empire works.

Application Accepted

Just be aware of the same issue; that your date of departure would mean you wouldn't be in Quebec for the actual main event. The Winter Ball (within the Winter Festival) takes place from December 20th through 23rd.

Your lore also wouldn't deviate from our lore too much. Quebec is a sedevacantist nation, and you can read more about our breakaway church and it's relations with the Vatican here. It's quite possible many Quebecois will recognise you.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Shikonjima
Diplomat

Founded: May 24, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Shikonjima » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:56 am

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Shikonjima wrote:
R.S.V.P

Basic Information
Full Name: Princess Kyouko Yamura.
Full Title: Yamura no Kyouko Koushaku, Princess of Shikonjima, Viscountess of the Oui no Tochi, Highest Servant of the Four Souls, Highest Lady of the Kazoku.
Appearance:
Date of Birth and Age: February 15. (Age 26.)
Personality/Biography: Born as one out of six children of Prince (previously Emperor) Shinji Yamura and Ichiko Samban, Kyouko grew up in the Royal Palace of Nashinya, thus familiarized herself with the rights and duties of Shikonjimanese Royalty at a very early age. At the age of ten, she applied for the renowned Takaiie Academy in Toriyama, receiving the necessary education at History, Politics, Philosophy, as well as the Arts in order to qualify for a Monarch - who she eventually became at the age of 18 after Shinji-Koushaku's resign. Ever since then, she has been the Absolute Ruler of Shikonjima, her era being called Wakaijidai ('Younger Age').
While Kyouko does follow the etiquette expected from a Shikonjimanese Royal, she can also behave in a more 'natural' manner, if said etiquette doesn't require otherwise. She is usually quite calm and hard to upset. She is fluent at Shikonjimanese, English, German, and Sharulsi (Mongolian).

National Information
Representing: The Yamura House, the Royal House of the Principality of Shikonjima.
National/Royal Anthem: N/A (Shikonjima does not have an official anthem).

Security Information
Ceremonial Weapons: One Shikonjimanese Katana, golden, with ornaments.

Optional Information
Likes: Music (both classical and modern, of all origins possible), Arts, spicy food, a good drop to drink, quality humor.
Dislikes: Needless superciliousness, dogmatism/insistence on being right, wastefulness.
Hobbies: Horseriding, katana swordfighting, watching all kinds of sports. (Rumors have it, that she enjoys videogaming as well, but this has remained unconfirmed so far.)
IC Thoughts On The Event: "This could be an excellent opportunity to make contact and to see a new place. And to have fun! But that only on a side note."
OOC Thoughts On The Event: This could be fun and interesting!
OOC Reasons for Attending The Event: I'm into character-based RPs of all sorts, including this one.
Questions/Comments/Concerns: None so far ...

Application Accepted

All clear.

Shikonjima wrote:
R.S.V.P

Basic Information
Full Name: Miyumi Kaneko.
Full Title: Kaneko Miyumi Saishou, State Secretary of the Foreign Office.
Appearance:
Date of Birth and Age: October 23. (Age 33.)
Personality/Biography: Kaneko was born into a family of workers, her parents, back in the day, having manufactored components for what would now be Morimoto Motorworks Ltd. Only due to hard work, she graduated from high school as one of the best of her year, studying International Relations at the University of Toriyama afterwards, finishing with a Master's Degree. She worked for Morimoto's sales department for a while and traveled to quite a couple of countries, until she decided to not only represent one Shikonjimanese company, but the entire country - which got her into the Foreign Office after a long, hard application process. As of now, she represents Foreign Minister Jitsuko Sageshima, who is currently busy with other negotiations.
She is generally friendly, open, and multilingual, speaking five languages fluently and three more at a level making her capable of getting her point across.

National Information
Representing: The Foreign Office of the Principality of Shikonjima.

Security Information

Optional Information
Likes: Shoptalking (especially in and about foreign languages as well as economics), open-mindedness, food and drinks of basically all sorts.
Dislikes: Dogmatism, unreasonably strong expression of opinions, shoes on the sofa.
Hobbies: Reading, practicing foreign languages, car racing.
IC Thoughts On The Event: "This could be an excellent opportunity to make contact and to see a new place."
Questions/Comments/Concerns: Still none so far ...

Application Accepted

Shikonjima wrote:
R.S.V.P

Basic Information
Full Name: Tolui Belgunot.
Full Title: Tolui Belgunot Sayd, Vizier of the Sharulsi Khanate, Royal Advisor to His Royal Majesty Atakheer Khan.
Appearance:
Date of Birth and Age: August 12. (Age 44.)
Personality/Biography: Tolui Belgunot is the son of Batu Belgunot and Altantsetseg Nergüi, born into a family of merchants. During an unassuming school career, he discovered horsearchery for himself and soon joined the Mangudai (a nowadays ceremonial horsearchery unit with centuries of tradition); in parallel, he started to study Economics and Philosophy at the University of Ulaanels, graduating with a Master's Degree. He spent a few years of work in the Ministry of Commerce of the State of Khoidzurvas Aimag, where he didn't only meet the local Beg ('Chief'), but also members of the family of the Ilkhans, who maintained good contacts into the Sharulsi leadership. Following their recommendation, Atakheer Khan finally admitted him into his Advisory Staff. He played a vital role during an international conference on the Territory of Elista Devseg, a former Shikonjimanese Colony.
From a superficial perspective, one would consider him cold and relentlessly scheming, but once one gets him to know, one will find, that he can also be friendly, and even funny at some point.

National Information
Nationality: Sharulsi.
Representing: The Sharulsi Khanate.

Security Information

Optional Information
Likes: Intellectuality, rationality, well-spiced meat, red wine, classical music.
Dislikes: Emotionally loaded debates, underspiced food, clinginess.
Hobbies: Horsearchery, chess, reading, drinking wine.
IC Thoughts On The Event: "This sounds like a promising event for possible diplomacy."
IC Reasons for Attending The Event: Sent by Atakheer Khan, in accordance with Kyouko-Koushaku.
Questions/Comments/Concerns: The Sharulsi Khanate is an NPC-Nation controlled by me and interconnected with Shikonjima at all levels (including Royalty). Puppethood can be confirmed, if wished.

Application Accepted

All clear.

Oii,
Thank you! ^^
As for Miyumi Kaneko and her language skills, she will understand French and be able to speak it. (I left that part open in the App for this very purpose.)
OOC-wise, this will mean, that I'll have to write her part in English and put it in italics, like I always do when my characters are speaking a different language than English, for my own French skills are ... rather limited. ^^

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:12 am

Shikonjima wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Application Accepted

All clear.

Application Accepted

Application Accepted

All clear.

Oii,
Thank you! ^^
As for Miyumi Kaneko and her language skills, she will understand French and be able to speak it. (I left that part open in the App for this very purpose.)
OOC-wise, this will mean, that I'll have to write her part in English and put it in italics, like I always do when my characters are speaking a different language than English, for my own French skills are ... rather limited. ^^

Why not use font of a different colour?
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

Shikonjima
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Shikonjima » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:18 am

A m e n r i a wrote:Why not use font of a different colour?

Hm, the force of habit, maybe ... and because it has always worked wonderfully in the way I've done it (I always clearly state, which language they are speaking, if it isn't English, so this hasn't led to confusion so far) - I could try it the colorful way as well, but I'd have to decide which ones to use, and what for, first (and hope, it doesn't get confusing for myself ...) ^^
Last edited by Shikonjima on Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:21 am

Shikonjima wrote:
A m e n r i a wrote:Why not use font of a different colour?

Hm, the force of habit, maybe ... and because it has always worked wonderfully in the way I've done it (I always clearly state, which language they are speaking, if it isn't English, so this hasn't led to confusion so far) - I could try it the colorful way as well, but I'd have to decide which ones to use, and what for, first (and hope, it doesn't get confusing for myself ...) ^^

Don't worry, once you decided on a code, it'll stick. I use green for Chinese, blue for English, and default for Indonesian.
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.

Shikonjima
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Shikonjima » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:27 am

A m e n r i a wrote:
Shikonjima wrote:Hm, the force of habit, maybe ... and because it has always worked wonderfully in the way I've done it (I always clearly state, which language they are speaking, if it isn't English, so this hasn't led to confusion so far) - I could try it the colorful way as well, but I'd have to decide which ones to use, and what for, first (and hope, it doesn't get confusing for myself ...) ^^

Don't worry, once you decided on a code, it'll stick. I use green for Chinese, blue for English, and default for Indonesian.

Yeah, I think I've seen that already ... some people also use different formattings for different languages, like italics, bold, bold & italics, italics & underlined, etc., each for one language - that can work, too ...
Funnily enough, my characters spoke many different languages during this event (so yes, I also have ball experience, for anyone who wonders), and I managed to make it work well, too. ^^

Karevka
Envoy

Founded: Jan 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Karevka » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:31 am

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Karevka wrote:Is this RP currently ongoing? I'll check out the thread when I have time.

The IC thread will go up either later today or tomorrow. I will make sure there is ample notification in this thread. If you miss it, not to worry. The RP is open for it's entire duration.

Oh wonderful. I'll send my App sometime today.

Eritei
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 22, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Eritei » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:36 am

Shikonjima wrote:
A m e n r i a wrote:

Yeah, I think I've seen that already ... some people also use different formattings for different languages, like italics, bold, bold & italics, italics & underlined, etc., each for one language - that can work, too ...
Funnily enough, my characters spoke many different languages during this event (so yes, I also have ball experience, for anyone who wonders), and I managed to make it work well, too. ^^

I think I should create a code for the 8 languages my empress knows

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:39 am

Karevka wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:The IC thread will go up either later today or tomorrow. I will make sure there is ample notification in this thread. If you miss it, not to worry. The RP is open for it's entire duration.

Yes, IC thread is going up today. In fact, in a few hours.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Shikonjima
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Shikonjima » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:46 am

Eritei wrote:
Shikonjima wrote:Yeah, I think I've seen that already ... some people also use different formattings for different languages, like italics, bold, bold & italics, italics & underlined, etc., each for one language - that can work, too ...

I think I should create a code for the 8 languages my empress knows

Well, I have a code for all of them - italics. :D
Joking - yeah, that can get funny, especially since this isn't the only nation I run (I have six mains in total, and some of them are even multilingual). But it's a monarchy, so I picked it for this event. ^^

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Karevka wrote:

Nice! Looking forward!

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:32 am

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Karevka wrote:

Which means tomorrow, since it's 23:32 already.

Shikonjima
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Shikonjima » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:44 am

A m e n r i a wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:Yes, IC thread is going up today. In fact, in a few hours.

Which means tomorrow, since it's 23:32 already.

It's 16:44 where I am, so NQ has yet some time. ;)

Eritei
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 22, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Eritei » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:45 am

Shikonjima wrote:
Eritei wrote:I think I should create a code for the 8 languages my empress knows

Well, I have a code for all of them - italics. :D
Joking - yeah, that can get funny, especially since this isn't the only nation I run (I have six mains in total, and some of them are even multilingual). But it's a monarchy, so I picked it for this event. ^^

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:Yes, IC thread is going up today. In fact, in a few hours.

Nice! Looking forward!

I was thinking of doing that, and it'll probably be easier on everyone

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Founded: May 15, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:12 am

Umm, guys, it’s 11am.

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:22 am

R.S.V.P

Basic Information
Full Name: James-Alexander Borin Windsor-Hormet III of Britain
Full Title: Emperor of the Second British Empire
Appearance: There is a full picture.
Marital Status: Uhh...widowed?
Date of Birth and Age: 19th of September and 49.
Personality/Biography: INTJ. He has a factbook, anyway, so...
Length of Stay: A week and a half.
Do You Agree To Respect Quebecois Laws and Customs?: Yes

National Information
Nationality: British.
Representing: House of Windsor-Hormet and the Second British Empire.
National/Royal Anthem: Our official anthem is Marche Slave, but the generally used anthem for diplomacy is God Save the King.

Security Information
Security Detail: 5
Security Armaments: 2 with sniper rifles, 2 with assault rifles and 1 with a rocket launcher.
Ceremonial Weapons: A long, glossy greatsword made of a mix of gems, from ruby to amethyst.

Optional Information
Likes: In the factbook, very easy to locate. Fencing, golf, horse racing, wine, reading, tea with no sugar and with milk, royalty, inherited wealth, hierarchy, order and general intellectualism.
Dislikes: Beer, ale, the lower class, the nouveau riche, rugby and football (sees them as lower-class sports), green tea, herbal tea, tea with sugar, black tea, liberalism.
Hobbies: Fencing and reading.
IC Thoughts On The Event: "Seems very fine and royal. I think I'd rather enjoy this."
IC Reasons for Attending The Event: "International relations are very important, particularly in this trouble world."
OOC Thoughts On The Event: This RP looks interesting.
OOC Reasons for Attending The Event: This RP looks interesting.
Questions/Comments/Concerns: N/A
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:33 am

Question: Would it be ill advised for the Dancerians to arrive a few days prior to the celebration, if only to formally acquaint themselves with their hosts/the powers that be, and to tour Montreal?
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates