NATION

PASSWORD

Spoiler Help

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Fortitudinem
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Spoiler Help

Postby Fortitudinem » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:07 pm

I need help formatting spoilers, such as naming a spoiler, figuring what is IN the spoiler pop down, etc.
The FAQ button to the left was no help, so I come here as this seemed the correct place to post this topic.
"They that love beyond the world cannot be separated by it. Death cannot kill what never dies." ~William Penn
"Three for Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne,
In the land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One ring to rule them all, One ring to find them,
One ring to rule them all and in the darkness bind them,
"

You are you, and that's what makes you great. Never forget this and you won't lose hope.
I've been dating Mystle since February 3, 2015. <3
Fortitudinem has Magic!

Tsuntion
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tsuntion » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:52 pm

Spoiler tags go around the text you want hidden inside the spoiler, just like italic tags go around the text you want italicised. You can define spoiler= in the first tag to give it a custom message on the grey box. The custom message can't include all punctuation.

Demonstrations (code first, then the result):

Code: Select all
[spoiler]This is a basic spoiler. It says "Show Spoiler" or "Hide Spoiler" on the box, because we haven't told it to say anything else. Images and text between the spoiler tags will be hidden inside the box.[/spoiler]

This is a basic spoiler. It says "Show Spoiler" or "Hide Spoiler" on the box, because we haven't told it to say anything else. Images and text between the spoiler tags will be hidden inside the box.

Code: Select all
[spoiler=Clicky clicky]This spoiler has a custom message on the box. We made that custom message by manually adding "=Clicky clicky" (or any other message) inside the first spoiler tag. As before, images and text between the spoiler tags will be hidden inside the box.[/spoiler]

This spoiler has a custom message on the box. We made that custom message by manually adding "=Clicky clicky" (or any other message) inside the first spoiler tag. As before, images and text between the spoiler tags will be hidden inside the box.

And remember, if you're using spoilers in a post along with quotes, codes, boxes, and other stuff like that, always make sure it's symmetrical: open tag A (e.g. an opening spoiler tag), open tag B (e.g. an opening quote tag), close tag B, close tag A. Closing tag A before closing tag B will cause the post to mess with the forum.
I'm not a roleplayer, but check these out: The United Defenders League and The Versutian Federation.

The Emerald Dawn wrote:Jumpin' on the SOURCE-TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO MUFUKA! We be ridin' the rails, checkin' the trails, you get nothin' and your argument fails!

Fortitudinem
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 12, 2013

Postby Fortitudinem » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:08 pm

Thank you! That helped a a lot, I'm such a noob on these forums... :)
"They that love beyond the world cannot be separated by it. Death cannot kill what never dies." ~William Penn
"Three for Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne,
One ring to rule them all, One ring to find them,
One ring to rule them all and in the darkness bind them,
"

You are you, and that's what makes you great. Never forget this and you won't lose hope.
I've been dating Mystle since February 3, 2015. <3
Fortitudinem has Magic!

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Mousebumples » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:15 pm

Fortitudinem wrote:Thank you! That helped a a lot, I'm such a noob on these forums... :)

If you check out the Technical FAQ sticky atop this forum, there are more coding tricks in there. (ordinarily, I'd link it up for you, but I'm on my phone. :-\)
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

OuterGalactic Banking Clan
Civilian

Founded: Nov 24, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby OuterGalactic Banking Clan » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:30 pm

CODE: SELECT ALL
This is a basic spoiler. It says "Show Spoiler" or "Hide Spoiler" on the box, because we haven't told it to say anything else. Images and text between the spoiler tags will be hidden inside the box.

CODE: SELECT ALL
This spoiler has a custom message on the box. We made that custom message by manually adding "=Clicky clicky" (or any other message) inside the first spoiler tag. As before, images and text between the spoiler tags will be hidden inside the box.

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Lamoni » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:26 pm

DO NOT GRAVEDIG THREADS. Especially those which have been inactive for SIX YEARS.
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Return to Technical