NATION

PASSWORD

The Iron Curtain: A Cold War RP (OOC, Reboot, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Hoosier Alliance
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hoosier Alliance » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:01 am

Is a Discord going to be created for this?
I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery
- Thomas Jefferson
What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms
- Thomas Jefferson
Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it
-Mark Twain
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
- Benjamin Franklin
To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them
-George Mason
I ask who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people.
-George Mason

The Hoosier Alliance
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hoosier Alliance » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:59 am

Also, FYI, the reason there is and will continue to be brutal repression and mass murder is because that’s what happened IRL.
- Thomas Jefferson
What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms
- Thomas Jefferson
-Mark Twain
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
- Benjamin Franklin
-George Mason
-George Mason

New Finnish Republic
Minister

Founded: Mar 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Finnish Republic » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:40 am

Started on a post, will hopefully have it done tonight.
Known mostly as Finn, but also known as a few other things I can't put in a signature by those who know me.

American who got left too long in the sauna.

Proud to spread Spurdo Nationalism from sea to shining sea.

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:46 am

Asardia wrote:
Union Princes wrote:Eh, Communist China is not my kind of thing.

Probably just do what Finland had done and do the Blue Shirt Movement in the National China

If you don't mind me asking, what were you planning on doing for China?

Nothing too special, I suppose. I was thinking of a fascist China in the cold war after the Blue Shirt Society gain enough popularity during the second sino-Japanese war to establish Chiang as a fascist dictator. Making China an anti-communist and anti-colonialist power in East Asia
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

Asardia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 25, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Asardia » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:32 pm

The Hoosier Alliance wrote:Is a Discord going to be created for this?

I'll put a poll up, although I don't think we really need one.

The Hoosier Alliance wrote:Also, FYI, the reason there is and will continue to be brutal repression and mass murder is because that’s what happened IRL.

Ok. This was the first time I heard of the Guatemalan Revolution, so I wasn't too familiar with it. I appreciate the historical accuracy

New Finnish Republic wrote:Started on a post, will hopefully have it done tonight.

No pressure. With the IC being made late last night, you guys have plenty of time for a post.

Union Princes wrote:
Asardia wrote:

Nothing too special, I suppose. I was thinking of a fascist China in the cold war after the Blue Shirt Society gain enough popularity during the second sino-Japanese war to establish Chiang as a fascist dictator. Making China an anti-communist and anti-colonialist power in East Asia

Hmm I see. So basically a nationalist victory in the civil war huh. Does anything else interest you to RP as?

And while we're on the topic of divergences, I was asked about Finland possibly being a communist state if a coup in 1948 succeeded.
Last edited by Asardia on Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If money is where you find happiness you'll always be poor
Often its not the driver but the passengers that find the right path

North German Realm wrote:Cantello. HE's empire looks like a Persian rug more than a flag, ngl

5pb wrote:"I'm cutting it off," Ayano raised an axe above her head

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:36 pm

Asardia wrote:
The Hoosier Alliance wrote:Is a Discord going to be created for this?

The Hoosier Alliance wrote:Also, FYI, the reason there is and will continue to be brutal repression and mass murder is because that’s what happened IRL.

Ok. This was the first time I heard of the Guatemalan Revolution, so I wasn't too familiar with it. I appreciate the historical accuracy

New Finnish Republic wrote:Started on a post, will hopefully have it done tonight.

No pressure. With the IC being made late last night, you guys have plenty of time for a post.

Union Princes wrote:

Hmm I see. So basically a nationalist victory in the civil war huh. Does anything else interest you to RP as?

And while we're on the topic of divergences, I was asked about Finland possibly being a communist state if a coup in 1948 succeeded.

Again, China either needs to be communist or split. No unified China unless its commie
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Confederate American SU
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 29, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby Confederate American SU » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:50 pm

Goodness sakes, we already agreed on a map for China. The South and West are KMT-controlled. The Communists control the Northern and East-Central parts of the country.

Seriously, we shouldn't have to wait for a fortnight just to resolve arguments over China.

Honestly, the rule that I have in my head is that the smaller and more obscure the nation is, the more you can diverge from history. The Great Powers should be at least mostly OTL, but smaller nations can be different. This would actually incentivize players to actually pick smaller countries over major powers, and generally make things more 'realistic'. It is easier to start a revolution or coup in a smaller nation over a large superpower.

Alternatively, you can just play the Blueshirts as a pro-KMT faction. I guess they can be the ones who control the Nationalist movement post-WW2, but you might find yourself lacking in support from anywhere. (And, you're don't have the benefit of geographic isolation and raw military superiority like South Africa.)
Last edited by Confederate American SU on Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
★★========★★
==★★====★★==
====
★★★★====
==
★★====★★==
★★========★★

★No, it is not the South. SU stands for 'States and Unions'. The right acronym is RCAS. Please read the Factbook.★

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:05 pm

Dentali wrote:
Asardia wrote:

Again, China either needs to be communist or split. No unified China unless its commie

Confederate American SU wrote:Goodness sakes, we already agreed on a map for China. The South and West are KMT-controlled. The Communists control the Northern and East-Central parts of the country.

Seriously, we shouldn't have to wait for a fortnight just to resolve arguments over China.

Honestly, the rule that I have in my head is that the smaller and more obscure the nation is, the more you can diverge from history. The Great Powers should be at least mostly OTL, but smaller nations can be different. This would actually incentivize players to actually pick smaller countries over major powers, and generally make things more 'realistic'. It is easier to start a revolution or coup in a smaller nation over a large superpower.

Alternatively, you can just play the Blueshirts as a pro-KMT faction. I guess they can be the ones who control the Nationalist movement post-WW2, but you might find yourself lacking in support from anywhere. (And, you're don't have the benefit of geographic isolation and raw military superiority like South Africa.)

I thought we already agreed on it. Dentali's most recent map was how China would be split. I was just curious as to what UP wanted to do since he was really interested in being China.

I agree with that rule on country's divergences. I still think the communists splitting is unrealistic though, but we can still do it. Just waiting for UEN to get the app done. I'll add that rule to the list
Last edited by Asardia on Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

North German Realm wrote:Cantello. HE's empire looks like a Persian rug more than a flag, ngl

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Totally Not OEP
Minister

Founded: Mar 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Totally Not OEP » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:44 pm

Union Princes wrote:
Asardia wrote:

This is actually pretty accurate to what likely would've happened in a KMT-ruled China.
We shoot .223's
We'll take your life
We out with the gang
You know we gon' slide

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:03 pm

I posted. Asardia, I summoned the Soviet ambassador to the GDR in the very last line.
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:23 pm

My plan for China was to simply be a fascist country that would split the Cold War between three ideologies.

The anti-communism and anti-colonialism the Blue Shirt Society preaches would be attractive to the French, British, and Dutch colonies in Asia.

Spreading Fascism to Korea, Indochina, Malaysia and maybe Japan to form a fascist bloc.

Though I doubt I would care about Japan since it's firmly occupied by US forces at this time
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:39 pm

Union Princes wrote:My plan for China was to simply be a fascist country that would split the Cold War between three ideologies.

The anti-communism and anti-colonialism the Blue Shirt Society preaches would be attractive to the French, British, and Dutch colonies in Asia.

Spreading Fascism to Korea, Indochina, Malaysia and maybe Japan to form a fascist bloc.

Though I doubt I would care about Japan since it's firmly occupied by US forces at this time

Make a rebel group in one nation if you want, but you arent making a fascist chinese state end of conversation

New Finnish Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Finnish Republic » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:03 pm

Finally got a post up. Fingers crossed it ends well.
Known mostly as Finn, but also known as a few other things I can't put in a signature by those who know me.

Confederate American SU
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 29, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby Confederate American SU » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:15 pm

Union Princes wrote:My plan for China was to simply be a fascist country that would split the Cold War between three ideologies.

Reading on the Blue-Shirts, they seem to be more of just a paramilitary organization for the Chiang Kai Shek regime than a legitimately fascist organization. They can definitely survive past WW2, but it'd be as Chiang Kai Shek's paramilitary organization. They also wouldn't call themselves overt fascists, and instead promote Chiang Kai Shek to follow the route of leaders like Franco and Salazar.

Basically, they'd just be radical KMT supporters and just another part of the Chiang Kai Shek regime. Even if they go rogue, they'd probably just take over the KMT and promote their own leader. It'd just be a slightly more radical Nationalist China. They WOULDN'T create a Fascist bloc, especially in Japan. Considering what Japan did to China, they're probably going to let Japan stay under Allied control.
Last edited by Confederate American SU on Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
★★========★★
==★★====★★==
====
★★★★====
==
★★====★★==
★★========★★

★No, it is not the South. SU stands for 'States and Unions'. The right acronym is RCAS. Please read the Factbook.★

Sarenium
Senator

Founded: Sep 18, 2015

Postby Sarenium » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:31 am

Country Name: Imperial State of Iran
Head of State/Government: His Imperial Majesty, Reza Pahlavi, Shah of Iran (Head of State) | Mohammed Mossadegh, Prime Minister of Iran (Appointed May, 1950)
Type of Government:Autocratic Governance by Shah with minor input by Majlis (Legislature)
Capital: Tehran, Iran
Map/location (an actual map or description is fine here); (Iran of 1950?)
Population: ~16 million residents
Faction: None
History:
What remains of the ancient Persian Empire is incarnated today as the Imperial State of Iran. After the 1946 eviction of the Soviet Union, the nation's politics has been uprooted by three factions. The Democratic parties angling for greater Parliamentary authority, the Communists whose grip has eroded since the '46 Eviction of the Soviets and the Royalists who have enjoyed public support for decades as the party of status quo. This all changed in the 1949 'enghelab-eh-koochik' (Little Revolution) in which spontaneous strikes blockaded the railways into and out of Tehran demanding greater political rights. The negotiations were successfully handled by career politician, Mohammed Mossadegh who brought the Unionists and the Shah to the table after which a commitment to greater political representation was made. Since then, Iran has removed land requirements for the ability to vote and lowered the minimum income a modest degree, Mossadegh has called it 'Compromise for now' implying that he would push for a further political reorganization than one which the Shah has thus far permitted. Enter 1950, the first election for Majlis resoundingly ended the grip of the Royalists, and Mossadegh's 'National Front' united with the 'New Iran' and 'Liberal Democrats' parties of the Majlis to form the first democratically elected, Majority Government in Iranian history. He promptly became Prime Minister amid an era of remarkable opportunity and political turbulence. Mossadegh himself has promised to renegotiate the contractual bindings of AIOC, a sentiment that has received silent glares from the British Embassy and absolute silence from the American; he has coupled this with a pledge to expand public services and make the Majlis more democratic. These promises are broad and how many of them the Shah acquiesces to will be the first test of the Mossadegh Government.
...I'd like to do you slowly...
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Just be Ben Shapiro: Debate your wife into an orgasm; "hypothetically say I moved my hand to..."

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:43 am

Puertollano wrote:I posted. Asardia, I summoned the Soviet ambassador to the GDR in the very last line.

Vyshinsky has left for the GDR. He can appear in your next post if you want

Sarenium wrote:
Country Name: Imperial State of Iran
Head of State/Government: His Imperial Majesty, Reza Pahlavi, Shah of Iran (Head of State) | Mohammed Mossadegh, Prime Minister of Iran (Appointed May, 1950)
Type of Government:Autocratic Governance by Shah with minor input by Majlis (Legislature)
Capital: Tehran, Iran
Map/location (an actual map or description is fine here); (Iran of 1950?)
Population: ~16 million residents
Faction: None
History:
What remains of the ancient Persian Empire is incarnated today as the Imperial State of Iran. After the 1946 eviction of the Soviet Union, the nation's politics has been uprooted by three factions. The Democratic parties angling for greater Parliamentary authority, the Communists whose grip has eroded since the '46 Eviction of the Soviets and the Royalists who have enjoyed public support for decades as the party of status quo. This all changed in the 1949 'enghelab-eh-koochik' (Little Revolution) in which spontaneous strikes blockaded the railways into and out of Tehran demanding greater political rights. The negotiations were successfully handled by career politician, Mohammed Mossadegh who brought the Unionists and the Shah to the table after which a commitment to greater political representation was made. Since then, Iran has removed land requirements for the ability to vote and lowered the minimum income a modest degree, Mossadegh has called it 'Compromise for now' implying that he would push for a further political reorganization than one which the Shah has thus far permitted. Enter 1950, the first election for Majlis resoundingly ended the grip of the Royalists, and Mossadegh's 'National Front' united with the 'New Iran' and 'Liberal Democrats' parties of the Majlis to form the first democratically elected, Majority Government in Iranian history. He promptly became Prime Minister amid an era of remarkable opportunity and political turbulence. Mossadegh himself has promised to renegotiate the contractual bindings of AIOC, a sentiment that has received silent glares from the British Embassy and absolute silence from the American; he has coupled this with a pledge to expand public services and make the Majlis more democratic. These promises are broad and how many of them the Shah acquiesces to will be the first test of the Mossadegh Government.

Accepted

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

United Elemental Nations
Attaché

Founded: Sep 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby United Elemental Nations » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:59 am

I think I will do a unified Communist China as in the OTL.

The Hoosier Alliance
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hoosier Alliance » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:02 am

Proxy war in Guatemala? Could be fun...
- Thomas Jefferson
- Thomas Jefferson
-Mark Twain
- Benjamin Franklin
-George Mason
-George Mason

United Elemental Nations
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby United Elemental Nations » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:05 am

Country Name:People's Republic of China
Head of State/Government:Chairman Mao Zedong
Type of Government:Communist Dictatorship
Capital:Beijing
Map/location (an actual map or description is fine here)all modern Chinese territory except Tibet and Taiwan
Population:551,000,000
Faction:United Asian Federation
History:same as IRL
Last edited by United Elemental Nations on Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

United Elemental Nations
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby United Elemental Nations » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:17 am

Name of faction:United Asian Federation
Leader:China
Influence (number of members and power)For now just China
Base of operations:Shanghai
Goals:To be a counter against both the Warsaw Pact and NATO also seeks to prevent any Asian country from falling into the American or Soviet Sphere of influence.
History:Formed in December 1949 as a military alliance to counter balance both the Warsaw Pact and NATO and will allow any Asian nation to join.

The Hoosier Alliance
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hoosier Alliance » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:11 am

I'm learning so much about Central America due to all the research I'm doing into Guatemala. Looks like I have a claim to British Honduras (Belize). Can't wait for the sixties....
- Thomas Jefferson
- Thomas Jefferson
-Mark Twain
- Benjamin Franklin
-George Mason
-George Mason

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:28 am

United Elemental Nations wrote:
Country Name:People's Republic of China
Head of State/Government:Chairman Mao Zedong
Type of Government:Communist Dictatorship
Capital:Beijing
Map/location (an actual map or description is fine here)all modern Chinese territory except Tibet and Taiwan
Population:551,000,000
Faction:United Asian Federation
History:same as IRL

Accepted

United Elemental Nations wrote:
Name of faction:United Asian Federation
Leader:China
Influence (number of members and power)For now just China
Base of operations:Shanghai
Goals:To be a counter against both the Warsaw Pact and NATO also seeks to prevent any Asian country from falling into the American or Soviet Sphere of influence.
History:Formed in December 1949 as a military alliance to counter balance both the Warsaw Pact and NATO and will allow any Asian nation to join.

Accepted.

The Hoosier Alliance wrote:I'm learning so much about Central America due to all the research I'm doing into Guatemala. Looks like I have a claim to British Honduras (Belize). Can't wait for the sixties....

I had the same experience with the USSR. Politics is quite interesting, and I'm glad you're enjoying this.

Also, the UK having 50,000 troops in Belize???

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

The Hoosier Alliance
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hoosier Alliance » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:57 am

Asardia wrote:
The Hoosier Alliance wrote:I'm learning so much about Central America due to all the research I'm doing into Guatemala. Looks like I have a claim to British Honduras (Belize). Can't wait for the sixties....

I had the same experience with the USSR. Politics is quite interesting, and I'm glad you're enjoying this.

In 1948, Guatemala threatened to forcibly annex Belize (well, right now it's "British Honduras") and the coup that happened in 1954 (1950 in our timeline) only inflamed that sentiment. However, 50,000 does seem excessive at this point, but not really my decision lol
- Thomas Jefferson
- Thomas Jefferson
-Mark Twain
- Benjamin Franklin
-George Mason
-George Mason

New Finnish Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Finnish Republic » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:10 pm

The Hoosier Alliance wrote:
Asardia wrote:

In 1948, Guatemala threatened to forcibly annex Belize (well, right now it's "British Honduras") and the coup that happened in 1954 (1950 in our timeline) only inflamed that sentiment. However, 50,000 does seem excessive at this point, but not really my decision lol

I think the British would appreciate some good old Kraut boys, the Good Kind, to assist them. Totally not in effort to reearm.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:10 pm

The Hoosier Alliance wrote:
Asardia wrote:

Supply limits are just numbers...

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse