NATION

PASSWORD

Origin of your people

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Voxija
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:00 pm

The Viñaks, the native people of Voxija, first came from the island of Sumatra. They moved to the island of Voxija and became a trading nation.

Then the Basques, who didn't like the Spanish Inquisition or Queen Isabella in general, came to Voxija. The Viñak greeted them peacefully and sexually. The two peoples interbred enough that now there isn't Basque or Viñak, but one people, the
Voxijan people.

And that is the origin(s) of our people. I might link this to anyone who thinks Voxija is merely "Basque Philippines".
The Republic of Voxija (pronounced: Voshiya)
I'm a woman. Some weird Jew. Trying to learn French and failing. An American who wishes the US would switch to the metric system. Part of a giant conspiracy. Secret pyromaniac? I will never make an OOC factbook!

my politics are confused and muddled
Most of my grammar errors are on purpose. Sppeling errors, tho...
I'd rather be fishing. | Author of Issues 1324 and 1346.
Generic MT liberal democracy Meh. | I think that by now I've created more lore for my nation than most real-world nations have.
Disclaimer: the views of my characters do not necessarily represent the views of the author.

State of Turelisa
Diplomat

Founded: May 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby State of Turelisa » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:27 am

The State of Turelisa was established in the unification of three semi-independent dominions whose citizens were descendants of English Puritans, French Hugenots and Italian Waldenssians who settled there to escape the religious persecutions of the seventeenth century. The three other racial groups in order of ethnic density are black, Polynesian and Aboriginal.

Ivory Coasts
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Ivory Coasts » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:34 pm

Ivorians diverged from Homo sapiens around 200,000 years with the spread of the Σ haplogroup around Timbuktu. Compared to Homo sapiens sapiens, Ivorians experienced considerably less interbreeding with archaic humans. They were driven out of southern Africa by expanding Homo sapiens sapiens around 160,000 years ago and displaced in North Africa by Cro-Magnons 20,000 years. Around 16,000 years ago, Ivorians domesticated the first crops and plants and established the world's first known civilization in 7,000 BCE. The species experienced its first and only major wave of interbreeding with Homo sapiens around 2,000 BCE. Over the next few millennia, the Ivorians gradually expanded eastwards into what is now known as the Chad Region.
EMPIRE of the IVORY COASTS
ꦚꦗꦠꦱꦚꦼꦧꦏ | Nyajatasa nyogbaka
     OVERVIEW   GOVERNMENT   HISTORY    CONLANG    COVID-19    CONTACT        Dispatches       

Previous

Return to Factbooks and National Information