NATION

PASSWORD

World Cup 84 Bid- Cassadaigua and Baker Park

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

World Cup 84 Bid- Cassadaigua and Baker Park

Postby Cassadaigua » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:58 pm

Bid For World Cup 84
-
Cassadaigua and Baker Park

Hello, ladies and gentleman of the World Cup Committee! It is that exciting time again where we prepare for the next World Cup, as the 84th edition is on the horizon. The Cassadagan Association for Soccer Excellence and the Football Association of the Commonwealth of Baker Park would be honored and privileged to be your hosts in our respective nations for this upcoming tournament!

I) About The Nations

Cassadaigua is a long-time resident of the region of Rushmore that has become known for its unique culture. Cassadaigua’s society is different then what is seen throughout most of the world. In our nation, the female is the dominant gender and is superior to the male (though there has been a lot of progress in recent years towards gender equality). There are some groups who feel that men are greatly oppressed in our nation, but that is not really the case. If you are a man, and you are visiting Cassadaigua, as long as you are aware of our somewhat different culture, you should not have a tough time fitting in. After all, Cassadagan men that play by the rules here and respect their role can be very successful themselves. As long as you respect our culture, you should be fine while you are here. If you act disrespectful, then don’t be surprised if you are soon put in your place. You are expected to follow all Cassadagan laws, even if it is not a law in your own country.

Cassadaigua is no more or no less safe then any other nation. Socially, Cassadaigua is open to members of all faiths, and we respect your right to worship your respective deity in the way you see fit; or to not worship one at all. Homosexuality is accepted in the country, though we can’t promise that some random drunk in the stands or on the streets won’t make offensive comments.

As far as drinking is concerned, the legal age is 18, though many get away with underage drinking as it is not as aggressively policed as it may be in other lands. However, do not drink and drive. If you are caught, you will have a greater jail sentence then you might be expecting, and if you kill anyone by drunk driving, you will receive the death penalty.

Smoking anywhere in public is banned, but legal in your own home. This applies to both cigarettes and marijuana. All other recreational drugs are banned.

Cassadaigua has several well known, tried and true stadiums that are able to host the event. The final would be held at the Dagan Airways Stadium in Concord Heights. Several of our stadiums are sponsored by foreign companies, so the nations that this applies to can be assured that the stadium that they agreed to sponsor will be prominently featured in World Cup 84, gaining maximum exposure for the applicable entity.

Centrally located within Atlantian Oceania, Baker Park is one of the top tourist destinations in the region, welcoming nearly 1.9 million visitors per year. Especially in the northern third of the country, outdoor pursuits are most popular among visitors. We have a mostly temperate climate, with autumn and early winter the times of the year when precipitation is heaviest.

The engine that drives the country's economy is the industrial conglomerate that was founded by the family that established the nation, the Baker International Corporation. Known by citizens as "The Company" or BI, at one time it was responsible for close to 50% of the nation's GDP; over the past 30 years it has divested itself from many of the companies that dominated the economy, opening up opportunities for more investment and growth for both those entities and competitors alike.

Baker Park prides itself on the array of civil liberties it offers. Cannabis is legal for use and purchase, and prostitution is not illegal, but not technically legal either. By law, prostitution arrests can be charged as no more than minor misdemeanors, although in some places it is not a criminal offense at all.

Violent crime is extremely rare in the Commonwealth. There is a higher chance you will fall off a subway platform than be assaulted or robbed with a firearm, and we take pride in the safety of our subways systems.

The Football Association of the Commonwealth is proud to join with Cassadaigua's governing body for the sport, CASE, to submit a bid for World Cup 84. The FAC has impressed upon the government the need to improve sports infrastructure with the nation, and towards that goal, Parliament have pledged upwards of CBP$ 650 million (NS$ 500m) to a program which will see the expansion of 2 of the nation's prospective host venues, in addition to the work on the new National Stadium in downtown Belle Haven; when completed, this state of the art venue will become the Commonwealth's largest, with a seating capacity of approximately 74,000.

II) Experience
– Now that you know who we are, let’s talk about experience!

Cassadaigua- The matriarchy has been successful in all major sports, being the only nation to win the World Bowl, World Cup, World Baseball Classic, World Cup of Hockey, and International Basketball Championships. Completed in calendar year 2013, this remains true today. The nation has not only won titles, but it has hosted or co-hosted a large variety of tournaments, including:

Soccer/Football: World Cup 54 and 67, BoF 47, Cup of Harmony 57 & 73, and Copa Rushmori 30.
Also: World Baseball Classics 18, 26, 40, 43, & 45; World Bowl 16; World Lacrosse Championships 7 & 30, and conferences within the NSCAA Basketball tournament. Smaller events, as well.

Cassadaigua should be seen as the senior partner in the bid.

Baker Park- In a short time, the Commonwealth of Baker Park has become a highly respected nation by virtue of excellent roleplay in tournaments they had participated in, and has made their mark within the football landscape on the field.

The nation is not short of experience, successfully hosting the Baker Park Open Cup twice. The first edition saw 12 teams, and thanks to the smooth nature of the tournament, expanded to 20 teams during the second campaign. They also successfully hosted AOCAF LVIII, with Banija, and hosted World Lacrosse Championships 31.

Baker Park now looks to take their experience to the next level, having been proven to be a reliable and trustworthy host. Alongside Cassadaigua, who is also known for reliable and dependable cutoffs, it figures to be a great pairing for one another, and for the entire World Cup community.

III) Format, Scorination, and RP bonus

Ah yes, the nuts and bolts of any bid. Let’s get to it! Don’t worry, there won’t be anything unconventional here!

Format- Right now, we don’t know what the actual signup numbers will be, so a specific format cannot be spelled out. Ideally, we will have 15 groups that will allow for the top two teams to qualify out of each group without the need for any playoff system. If 15 groups does not end up being possible, we will use a playoff system if need be, but our efforts will be strongly focused on having the 15 groups.

Scorination- We will be using xkoranate, with the NSFS formula. Additive style modifiers ranging from -5 to +5 will be used.

RP Bonus- Cumulative RP bonus will be applied from the beginning to the end of the qualifiers. After the qualifiers, 20% of a nation’s cumulative RP bonus will be retained into the World Cup itself. This figures to be more a retention then a single matchday’s worth of RP bonus. The roster bonus in which one gets will not be reduced or eliminated for the World Cup itself. In judging RP, quality is preferred over quantity.

Tiebreakers- H2H Results, then GD, Wins, Goals For, and the "Coin Flip". (Coin flip winner will be the nation with highest cumulative RP bonus).

IV) Additional Information

The sponsorships thread, which successfully was run in the last tournament, will again reappear for World Cup 84 if we are successful.

OOC- We can’t think of a catchy name for the bid, sorry. And we’re not artists, but if someone wants to create a logo for the bid, let me know!
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Commonwealth of Baker Park
Minister

Founded: Jan 10, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:17 pm

I approve this message.
Rugby World Cup 36 Champions/ AOCAF 62 & 66 Champions
2x Under-18 World Cup (SWC 5&9) Champions
DBC 53/74th U21 World Cup Champions
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Baptism of Fire 67 Runner-Up
AOCAF LVIII (co-hosts), LX Third Place
World Cup 85, AOCAF LXIII, Women's World Cup 15 Fourth Place
World Cup 90 Quarterfinals (Co-hosts)
World Cup 81/82/83/84(co-hosts)/86/87/88/94 Round of 16
World Cup 80/89/91/92/93 Group Stage
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
NSCF 5x Mineral Conference Champions (18/19/20/21/23)
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 30/31(host)/32/33/35/36/37 (host)/39 Quarterfinal
WLC 29 Playoff Round

Rugby 7's AORC 1&2 Champions
AO Twenty20 Runner-up

Union of Quincy
Secretary

Founded: Aug 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Union of Quincy » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:33 pm

why is H2H being used as the first tiebreaker, isn’t it usually GD besides that a fw the bid
call me razen.

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:48 pm

Union of Quincy wrote:why is H2H being used as the first tiebreaker, isn’t it usually GD besides that a fw the bid

Both H2H and GD have been used as the first tiebreaker in the past, but look no further back then World Cup 83 to see H2H being used before GD. It is our preference that it comes first. Thank you for your consideration!
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Alasdair I Frosticus
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Alasdair I Frosticus » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:09 am

Posting this in both bid threads for the sake of fairness; apologies for cross-posting.

In RL I prefer goal difference.

However, in the NSWC, goal difference potentially penalises teams that choose a defensive scorination modifier and therefore score fewer goals.

Does either bid know of any statistical modelling on this point?
Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?

Commonwealth of Baker Park
Minister

Founded: Jan 10, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:20 am

Alasdair I Frosticus wrote:Posting this in both bid threads for the sake of fairness; apologies for cross-posting.

In RL I prefer goal difference.

However, in the NSWC, goal difference potentially penalises teams that choose a defensive scorination modifier and therefore score fewer goals.

Does either bid know of any statistical modelling on this point?

I don't know if there is a definitive NS trend, but three of the last four WC winning bids had H2H as the first tiebreak and the last four AOCAF winning bids also were H2H (which is the region I'm in and the one I did a quick review of bids)

Personally, OOCly I believe that if I beat you, I'm better than you on that day, so I should always be rated above you in any realistic determination. In a situation where there is a home & home scenario, if there is a win and a draw, the team that won should be above.

If they draw in both matches & have the same record, the overall GD is logical--but it is Not the first tiebreaker.

If I'm 10-2 and you're 10-2, and both my losses are to you, but I have an overall goal difference of +25, because the other matches I didn't lose I beat people 6-0 or 5-1, and you have a GD of +8, because 2 other teams beat you, and the other matches you played were 1-0 or 2-1, should I get to advance ahead of you? :eyebrow:
Rugby World Cup 36 Champions/ AOCAF 62 & 66 Champions
2x Under-18 World Cup (SWC 5&9) Champions
DBC 53/74th U21 World Cup Champions
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Baptism of Fire 67 Runner-Up
AOCAF LVIII (co-hosts), LX Third Place
World Cup 85, AOCAF LXIII, Women's World Cup 15 Fourth Place
World Cup 90 Quarterfinals (Co-hosts)
World Cup 81/82/83/84(co-hosts)/86/87/88/94 Round of 16
World Cup 80/89/91/92/93 Group Stage
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
NSCF 5x Mineral Conference Champions (18/19/20/21/23)
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 30/31(host)/32/33/35/36/37 (host)/39 Quarterfinal
WLC 29 Playoff Round

Rugby 7's AORC 1&2 Champions
AO Twenty20 Runner-up

Zwangzug
Issues Editor

Founded: Oct 19, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zwangzug » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:35 am

The use of additive style mod settings usually ameliorates this in xkoranate, ie two attacking teams could see a 3-1 result modified to 4-2 but that wouldn't change their goal differences. There is an issue with shutouts, because a 2-0 could become 1-0 and potentially reduce the GD of a winning defensive side, but overall additive settings are better for avoiding this issue than multiplicative ones. Which is probably why it's so popular.
Factbook
IRC humor, (self-referential)
My issues
...using the lens of athletics to illustrate national culture, provide humor, interweave international affairs, and even incorporate mathematical theory...
WARNING: by construing meaning from this sequence of symbols, you have given implicit consent to the theory that words have noncircular semantic value and can be used to encode information about an external universe. Proceed with caution.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports