NATION

PASSWORD

does the clock-counter show the correct time ?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Lone survivers
Envoy

Founded: Jul 14, 2019
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

does the clock-counter show the correct time ?

Postby Lone survivers » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:38 am

When I am participating in an auction and want to raise my bid on a card (with the intention to get this card), there is a clock-counter shown (which, in this special case, showed remaining 8 seconds); my altered bid was already set, and all I would have to do is to click the button (for which, I´d say, are 8 seconds more than enough time). Nevertheless, before I could click the button (6 to 7 seconds left) the auction was ended and the card sold.
How could that be ? Either the clock doesn´t show the remaining auction time correct, or my "adversary" (no names named) on the auction (kind of known for "last second bids") maybe has found a way to "outwit the system" ?!

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:44 pm

Adding a bid or ask at the last minute is supposed to add a minute to the countdown ... but sometimes it doesn't. I'd say this happens no more than 1% of the time, and probably a whole lot less than 1%. This is not the action of a player, but more likely a minor bug in the auction timing system.

Lone survivers
Envoy

Founded: Jul 14, 2019
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Lone survivers » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:26 am

A maybe minor, but nevertheless embarassing bug...
Thank you for clearing.

Return to Technical