NATION

PASSWORD

⭐ HUNTERS ⭐ Urban Fantasy / Academy / Superhero ⭐ OPEN OOC ⭐

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Forest State
Senator

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:00 am

Skyggeheim wrote:snip

Bio looks good. Planestep should be increased to about 50, Condemn probably should too, other than that looks fine.

EDIT: Accepted with the changes.
Last edited by Forest State on Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
don't tread on me

Kita-Hinode
Diplomat

Founded: May 03, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kita-Hinode » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:14 am

Alright, let's give this thing a try.

SANTA MARINA HUNTER ACADEMY - STUDENT FILE
The following file has been approved for viewing by APPROVED PERSONNEL.

Collin de Haan

Name: Collin de Haan
Appearance: Blonde, pale skinned with blue eyes. Lean build.

Build: 172 cm, 63 kg.
Species: Human

Magic Category/Categories: At the moment, he's only really a Physical user.

Mana Count: 150

Known Spells/Abilities:
Heal [20] - In order to back himself up during a fight, survive the process of learning new martial arts or just to mess with a monk that is just too interested in beating him up whenever he messes up a move, Collin often uses self-healing to cover for the damage delivered to him, bringing him back to a passable level.
Physical Buff [50] - An enchantment of sorts to boost the power he can deliver in each hit for the next twelve hours. Can also be used to boost others. Should be used sporadically.
Limb Restoration [100] - The most taxing of Collin's skills, it's the process of fixing the joints of a limb back together to make it work again. It's not usable however if said limb has been turned into dust, burnt or sliced into minuscule pieces.
Quick Learning [0] - A diligent student above all else, Collin takes pride in learning and has picked up several small-time skills via simply learning and practicing it non-stop.
Xing Yi Quan [0] - Collin's main fighting style, something he honed in different parts of the world. As a style, it's known for its' aggressive moves that also pack a massive punch.
Bajiquan [0] - His secondary style, somewhat similar in its' effects but relying much more on strikes via shoulder and elbow instead of the usual fist moves from Xing Yi Quan.
Taekwondo [0] - One of the major contributions of Korea to the world, Collin picked it up during his time there. It did help build up the resistance on his feet.
Judo [0] - One of Japan's most notorious fighting styles, Collin has some prominence with it after spending a year and a half in Japan.
Tai chi [0] - Mostly known as a practice for health and meditation, Collin actually found out he could heal himself while practicing this. He still does it time to time and actually did manage to win a fight once using it. It's the third martial arts that he actually mastered.
Multilingual [0] - He's able to speak a variety of languages as a result of his travelling throughout the world: English, French, Japanese, Chinese and Korean.
Equipment: A pair of horn knives from his training days, a pretty fancy cellphone he got as a gift from his relatives and a pair of prized earphones.

Class: First Year

Nationality: Canadian

Hometown: Kitchener, Ontario

Sexuality: Male, straight.

Personality: Born in a rather rich family, Collin could've easily been born as a pampered prick. Instead, however, he chose to be laborious, believing that hard work is important. Even at his more frivolous pursuits like being a great fighter, his goal in life, he chose to dwell deep into fighting, showing respect to his teachers and colleagues. His new step in life might be a bit unusual to himself (it was the first time he never even heard of what he was going to study before his parents told him), but he wishes to be as good as a schoolmate as he can be. He's also somewhat gullible, something that shows up rather fast in him as well.

Biography: The de Haan family is a curious sight to those who aren't aware of their true nature. Timothy de Haan (the family's grandfather) was a refugee himself, fleeing from the Netherlands during the Second World War to Canada, where he made himself into a somewhat rich man, rising his own chain of businesses. Grandpa Tim had twelve kids, who then kept on the family lineage by making their own moves into the fray of the world. One played hockey, one played Canadian Football, one worked the import business. Overall, all did common stuff that they found success in. They're also capable of magic. Turns out that Timothy's wife, Miriam, had some sort of magic in her blood and the family kept their training going behind his back.

Amidst this bloodline, lays Collin de Haan. Collin would be aware of the family's magic skills from birth but in a twist, turned out to be rather unamused about everything. Believing he'd eventually grow into the arts, his parents sent him on all sorts of trips, living under his many relatives while picking up martial arts from all corners of the globe. During his training, he touched into his magical side, although it's hard to tell if he's aware of it or not. Now, he's looking into being a student at Santa Marina Hunter Academy. To him, this is where he'll learn something called Honoka Fu... which was probably made up by his parents.

#HAcademy
Let the sun burn my eyes / Let it burn my back
At the beach / In my dreams / But you still
Champion: WC 75 and 76, CoH 74, U-15 WC 4 and 6, DBC 29 and 41, CE 21 and 24
hinodezenbaitai.co.hi/sports

The IC follow-up to Northern Sunrise Islands / Demonym: Hinodejin (singular, plural)

Revlona
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:11 pm

Oooh this looks good, I wonder, maybe a holy fire character? Hope to get an app up relatively soon!
Lover of doggos

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:27 pm

Revlona wrote:Oooh this looks good, I wonder, maybe a holy fire character? Hope to get an app up relatively soon!

Given what happened last time Rev and how that went in general, I'd wait for OP to get on before starting on apps.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:31 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:
Revlona wrote:Oooh this looks good, I wonder, maybe a holy fire character? Hope to get an app up relatively soon!

Given what happened last time Rev and how that went in general, I'd wait for OP to get on before starting on apps.

Yeah just realized who the OP of this RP is, I’ll wait for forest to decide on that, thankfully I haven’t started it yet
Lover of doggos

Arktic
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Arktic » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:53 pm

Tag.

Can someone explain how Astral magic works? Or link me to an explanation?

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:23 pm

Arktic wrote:Tag.

Astral magic is a broader field, focusing primarily around the manipulation of astral energy to create offensive or defensive spells, the creation of astral projections of one's self or other objects, reading the astral auras of others, that type of thing.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Arktic
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Arktic » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:27 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:
Arktic wrote:Tag.

Astral magic is a broader field, focusing primarily around the manipulation of astral energy to create offensive or defensive spells, the creation of astral projections of one's self or other objects, reading the astral auras of others, that type of thing.
I see, thank you!

Uh, hypothetically speaking, I was wondering if a magician of the poison school could use their synthesis abilities to produce recreational and/or medicinal drugs?

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:40 pm

Arktic wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:
I see, thank you!

Uh, hypothetically speaking, I was wondering if a magician of the poison school could use their synthesis abilities to produce recreational and/or medicinal drugs?

That type of thing falls under alchemy rather than poison, poison/toxic normally involves the creation and manipulation of toxic clouds and the like with only debilitating effects while the creation of magical substances to be stored would fall under alchemy.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:45 pm

Kita-Hinode wrote:snip

Accepted.
Revlona wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:

Yeah just realized who the OP of this RP is, I’ll wait for forest to decide on that, thankfully I haven’t started it yet

I'm not necessarily against it but I'd ask for things to be taken seriously this time I.E. no chaotic evil character that breaks the rules and starts fights because it would be funny. Also with magic you'll have to stick strictly to what's listed on your app unless you learn more with progression over time.
don't tread on me

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:50 am

Chapter two of the story has begun. If you have any interactions on the 21st you can still finish them. If your character is trying out for the combat team, you'll have to show up at the arena on the 28th, the date of my most recent IC post.

EDIT: And for that matter, who is actually trying out?
Last edited by Forest State on Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
don't tread on me

Castelia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 04, 2015
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Castelia » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:58 am

Forest State wrote:EDIT: And for that matter, who is actually trying out?

YAY! MAGIC COMBAT TEAM TRYOUTS!

Uhhh, maybe the Karate Club. At least, Archie definitely will.
"They say I'm insane, but take a look at the world and tell me the pleasures of sanity."
My IRL politics are simple: anti-Chinese Communist Party. If a view is anti-CCP, no matter how bad it is, that's my view.

Welcome to the Casteliaverse! | Factbook Repository
A 10.125 civilization, according to this index, and a Class 1 Civilization according to this index.
I DO NOT USE NS STATS. This nation does not represent my IRL views.
This spoiler is a tribute to Vanquaria, whose level of based I aspire to achieve one day.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:16 am

Olympia is trying out, not that she expects much from herself, Gabriella isn't because ew combat sports.

The Cross and Davids Star
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cross and Davids Star » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:32 am

Samantha may try out simply to see how far she can get.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:42 am

The Cross and Davids Star wrote:Samantha may try out simply to see how far she can get.

Healing's not much of a thing in magical combat. Not the sport kind anyway. Mainly because everyone is already protected by the protection spells they're given before the match starts.
don't tread on me

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cross and Davids Star » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:10 am

Forest State wrote:
The Cross and Davids Star wrote:Samantha may try out simply to see how far she can get.

Healing's not much of a thing in magical combat. Not the sport kind anyway. Mainly because everyone is already protected by the protection spells they're given before the match starts.

Shes got her Nerve Strikes, which combined with her Speed Form can make her a very decent close quarters fighter.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:11 am

The Cross and Davids Star wrote:
Forest State wrote:Healing's not much of a thing in magical combat. Not the sport kind anyway. Mainly because everyone is already protected by the protection spells they're given before the match starts.

Shes got her Nerve Strikes, which combined with her Speed Form can make her a very decent close quarters fighter.

She does have to actually last long enough to stay in close quarters though.

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:13 am

Forest State wrote:
Kita-Hinode wrote:snip

Accepted.
Revlona wrote:

I'm not necessarily against it but I'd ask for things to be taken seriously this time I.E. no chaotic evil character that breaks the rules and starts fights because it would be funny. Also with magic you'll have to stick strictly to what's listed on your app unless you learn more with progression over time.

Of course
Lover of doggos

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cross and Davids Star » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:20 am

Lunas Legion wrote:
The Cross and Davids Star wrote:Shes got her Nerve Strikes, which combined with her Speed Form can make her a very decent close quarters fighter.

It's a necessary risk to take.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:24 am

The Cross and Davids Star wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:

It's a necessary risk to take.

She also has to have enough attacking ability to get into the 8 man lineup over others with more offensive magic...

Not necessarily impossible with hard work, though.
don't tread on me

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:25 am

What sort of magics haven't been covered...?
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:26 am

Danceria wrote:What sort of magics haven't been covered...?

In terms of categories and what people have picked so far?

The categories are pretty broad, you can probably do something original without needing to do something new.
don't tread on me

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:48 am

SANTA MARINA HUNTER ACADEMY - STUDENT FILE
The following file has been approved for viewing by APPROVED PERSONNEL.

Robert Samuel Sevilia

Name: Samuel
Appearance:

Build: 6'3, 200 pounds
Species: Human

Magic Category/Categories: Fire

Mana Count: 150

Known Spells/Abilities:
Lesser Fireball[5]: A ball of fire the size of a baseball that can be thrown and explodes on contact
Greater Fireball [15]: A ball of fire the size of a soccerball that can be thrown and explodes on contact
Flashbang [5]: A baseball sized ball of fire the explodes with a blinding flash
Heatwave [10]: Waves of extreme heat that can go as far as 100 feet
Wall of Fire Lesser [20]: A moveable wall of fire 5 feet wide and 10 feet tall and 1 foot thick, this is a concentration spell
Wall of Fire Greater [40]: A moveable wall of fire 10 feet wide and 20 feet tall and 1 foot thick, this is a concentration spell
Flamethrower [10]: A torrent of flames shoots out of hands at a range of 10 feet
Fiery Whip [20]: 10 foot long whip of fire
Greater Fiery Weapon [10]: Able to imbue any larger melee weapon like a sword or an axe with flames without harming the weapon
Lesser Fiery Weapon: Able to imbue any smaller weapon like a tomahawk or a dagger with flames without harming the weapons
Smoke Screen[5]: Oily Black smoke appears in a circle with a 20 foot diameter
Melt[1 per second ]: Able to melt most things by placing hands on the item, only the parts touched will melt
Burn[15]:Sam reaches his hand out and mentally wills an object to burn without fire, flesh sizzles and wood chars
Overheat[10]: Sam can touch a person and make them immediately feel ill as their body begins to overheat
Equipment: Clothing, Two daggers worn on the hip

Class: First Year

Nationality: American

Hometown: Savanah, Georgia

Sexuality: Straight

Personality: Samuel is a generally friendly person, quick to smile and to make friends while also quick to trust people. He is extremely loyal to those he counts as his friends and hates to let people down. This does not make him weak though as he is extremely intelligent and fiercely hates those people he feels are fake or are trying to play him. First to smile and last to hate, he unconsciously tries to make people happy.

Biography: Samuel, born Robert, is the third born child of his family. His father is a dentist so he never grew up wanting as he could afford all their needs with a bit left over for wants. Though his family has never been known for magical prowess, this does not mean they are without power as both his sister and his brother can use magic, though they are lacking in power.

As a small boy, Samuel witnessed a hunter squad wipe out a nest of criminal vampires on TV, it was at this moment that he knew he wanted to be a Hunter, and he knew he could be due to his power in magic. After that day his room was covered with endless posters of his favorite hunters and his bookshelves filled with magical textbooks. Samuel nearly burned down the family house in an attempt to train himself in magic and failing to dissuade him of being a hunter, his father hired him a tutor. Samuel enrolled into Santa Marina at the age of 19.

#HAcademy
Last edited by Revlona on Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:55 am, edited 5 times in total.
Lover of doggos

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:34 am

Forest State wrote:
Danceria wrote:What sort of magics haven't been covered...?

In terms of categories and what people have picked so far?

The categories are pretty broad, you can probably do something original without needing to do something new.

I mean, I'm not really sure what to do as far as a character goes...maybe someone who's trying to bring the world of Magic and Mundane together?
V A N Q U A R I A wrote:
V A N Q U A R I A wrote:Sex magic

Thanks Vanqie-tankie, very cool.
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:43 am

Danceria wrote:
Forest State wrote:In terms of categories and what people have picked so far?

I mean, I'm not really sure what to do as far as a character goes...maybe someone who's trying to bring the world of Magic and Mundane together?
V A N Q U A R I A wrote:

Thanks Vanqie-tankie, very cool.

Not sure how separate they are in the first place. Magic is kind of a different class but on the other hand magic isn't a secret thing by any means, the Hunters Association is a pretty public organization.
don't tread on me

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse