NATION

PASSWORD

⭐ HUNTERS ⭐ Urban Fantasy / Academy / Superhero ⭐ OPEN OOC ⭐

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Forest State
Senator

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:17 pm

In other news, as far as early arcs go... We have a magical combat team to face off against other colleges. We could make team tryouts and training (and of course, events) a thing if there was interest in it. Or we could focus on something else for the early RP. Suggestions/opinions on that idea, anyone? Not everyone would have to join it, of course. Just those who want to work on their fighting/seek a little fame.

Kwadai wrote:So I’m definitely interested. I’ve been looking for a new RP to get involved in. It’s been a while.

Before I do anything though I want to ask about darkness and infernal magic, what exactly would these include and why are they frowned upon?

Darkness magic involves physical darkness and it also includes things such as dark energy, which can be manifested in a number of ways, stealth can also be a part of it. Infernal magic deals more strictly with the demonic world and involves more specialized things such as demonic weapons, armor, attack spells, and more things along that lines. Generally if a spell is demonic there's a high chance it's in the infernal category.

They're frowned upon in universe because both are associated with demons who tend to have a predatory relationship with humans.
don't tread on me

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:38 pm

V A N Q U A R I A wrote:Bu can start up the Santa Marina Philosophy Club and explore the mysteries of the cosmos from a conceptual framework

Bu's not going to join in with beating the hell out of rival magical fighters to secure the bag for our school?
don't tread on me

Lessoni
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lessoni » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:09 pm

It'll be good to get back into another Forest RP. I also feel I owe a bit of an apology for my RPing in the past, what with the reckless decision making and all that. It's mostly worked out, but call me out for being an ass if I'm being one. Anyway, tag
Pebis

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:12 pm

Lessoni wrote:It'll be good to get back into another Forest RP. I also feel I owe a bit of an apology for my RPing in the past, what with the reckless decision making and all that. It's mostly worked out, but call me out for being an ass if I'm being one. Anyway, tag

It's good to have you back, it was mostly tonal stuff that was the issue last time really but that was the fault of multiple individuals, myself included to a degree.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:15 pm

Lessoni wrote:It'll be good to get back into another Forest RP. I also feel I owe a bit of an apology for my RPing in the past, what with the reckless decision making and all that. It's mostly worked out, but call me out for being an ass if I'm being one. Anyway, tag

Nah there was a lot wrong with HoT Redux, I laid things out badly from the top and there were worse decisions. Jack learned a bit at least.
don't tread on me

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:38 pm

V A N Q U A R I A wrote:Bu gets exposed to Western entrepeneurship and tries to start the Santa Marina Philosophical Karate Club. By teaching others martial arts through giving them killer techniques and having them try to kill Bu via close combat, Bu hopes to understand the ethical implications of violence with intent to kill and apply that understanding in his path as a Hunter. Meanwhile, other chars get the best karate lesson they could hope for.

They say Santa Marina's a dangerous place... Lots of potential clients.

Maybe we'll finally get to go to the Murderville part of the map we never went to in FAF.
don't tread on me

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:46 pm

Been a while since I got into a Forest RP... I'll consider throwing an app up, if you'll have me.
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:50 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:Been a while since I got into a Forest RP... I'll consider throwing an app up, if you'll have me.

Fitting that this is the second one where we visit Santa Marina. And yeah feel free, your characters were fun last time.
don't tread on me

Lessoni
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lessoni » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:58 pm

SANTA MARINA HUNTER ACADEMY - STUDENT FILE
The following file has been approved for viewing by APPROVED PERSONNEL.

Jack Dredd

Name: Jack Dredd
Appearance:
An Asian-American, Jack is quite handsome and perhaps the most striking aspect of Jack is his incredibly well toned physique, more akin to a swimmer than a bodybuilder

Build: 6'8 (185 cm), 275 lbs (125 kg)
Species: Human

Magic Category/Categories: Earth
Mana Count: 150

Known Spells/Abilities: Stonewall: Summons a 7 by 5 foot wall made of stone roughly a foot thick, 1 minute cooldown (35 mana)
Shield: Create a shield roughly the size of a buckler capable of blocking most small arms projectiles, though capable of being penetrated by AP shots or magic (20 mana)
Armor: Creates a full body suit of stone armor that has the same shielding capacity as the shield. Noticeably thinner and weaker at the joints, also incredibly heavy and restricts movement (100 mana)
Greatclub: Creates a 5 foot stone greatclub that does noticeably more damage than it should logically, capable of hitting an individual target as hard as a truck, it nonetheless has a durability limit and will break after extended use, usually roughly 25 swings, at which point another
Equipment: Generally, Jack relies on his magical abilities, but does carry a few select weapons
Breaching shotgun: Sawed of Mossberg 500 mostly used in close quarters combat where the club is too large to be effective
Combat knife: Just in case

Class: First year

Nationality: American

Hometown: Chicago

Sexuality: Bi

Personality: Perhaps Jack's greatest flaw is that he cares too much. On the outside, he's more than a bit hot headed, and can often come off as mean or immature, but on the inside, he's got an iron moral compass and a great loyalty to those he calls friends. Even when faced with death, he'll choose to save his friends with no hesitation. Of course, he also has somewhat of a mischievous side, and isn't above petty rivalries and taunting.

Biography: Jack was born unlucky. Sure, he was born into a decently comfortable existence, never having to wonder where his next meal was coming from, but it came at the cost of rarely having any interaction with his parents. This, coupled with his rather large size for his age and slightly below average iq, led him to deep insecurity. He quickly gained a reputation at school as a trouble maker prone to fighting. He was 15 when he netted his first suspension, and 16 when he was expelled. After that, his parents hired a private tutor to teach him, one of the few people he ever really connected with. Unfortunately, he connected with her because of he encouragement of his fighting as a means of releasing energy. Needless to say, she wasn't a very good teacher.
Now roaming the streets of Chicago whenever he finished his school work, which he admittedly got pretty good at, he randomly picked fights with kids his age, something augmented when one pulled a gun after being handed a particularly brutal beatdown, at which point he summoned a shield out of instinct. Now fighting much less, and more exploring the depths of his magic, he quickly discovered the extent of his abilites. Deciding he was wasted in street brawls and unfair fights, at 17 he became a Chicago vigilante, tangling for the most part, an ass whooping from a vampire that nearly left him dead before the cops arrived made him think he needed some proper training. He applied for the Santa Marina Hunter Academy, and the rest, as they say, is history.

#HAcademy
Last edited by Lessoni on Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pebis

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:11 pm

Lessoni wrote:snip

Lacks a pic or description, otherwise accepted.
don't tread on me

Lessoni
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lessoni » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:13 pm

Forest State wrote:
Lessoni wrote:snip

Lacks a pic or description, otherwise accepted.

Oh heck, knew I was forgetting something
Pebis

Kita-Hinode
Diplomat

Founded: May 03, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kita-Hinode » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:18 pm

I'm interested. Gonna do my applicant form in just a second.
Let the sun burn my eyes / Let it burn my back
At the beach / In my dreams / But you still
Champion: WC 75 and 76, CoH 74, U-15 WC 4 and 6, DBC 29 and 41, CE 21 and 24
hinodezenbaitai.co.hi/sports

The IC follow-up to Northern Sunrise Islands / Demonym: Hinodejin (singular, plural)

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:33 pm

V A N Q U A R I A wrote:
Forest State wrote:They say Santa Marina's a dangerous place... Lots of potential clients.

Maybe we'll finally get to go to the Murderville part of the map we never went to in FAF.

He'll experience the dark side of the American underworld and understand how cutthroat capitalism really is. While his peers play sports, Bu learns the hard way about how to manage a business and recognizes the ethics of his business practice and the importance of teaching the rigjt students.

He'll contend with rival businesses and attempt to promote host as a sole run proprietory despite moves by subversive elements of society to cooerce an agreement of 'protection' from Bu.

Having taken out a bank loan as capital, he'll face the challenge of paying back money with interest and in the process, experience a 'normal' lifes hardship.

We should do this plot but unironically. :^)
don't tread on me

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:45 pm

V A N Q U A R I A wrote:
Forest State wrote:We should do this plot but unironically. :^)

Yeah, no joke. Since magic and nonmagic worlds are supposedly quite separate, itd be a good character development arc for transformative maturation.

Itll be open for PCs via becoming students or co owners of the karate club. Since Bu has no reliable credit history itll be from a shady shark loan company run by the mob lmfao

Santa Marina had the Russian mafia in FAF. There's a part of town called Little Russia. Aside from that I think there's some old school Italian type mob members around due to the big European influence, as well as a Jamaican mob or two (FAF had a Jamaicatown in Santa Marina).
don't tread on me

Durmatagno
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Durmatagno » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:09 pm

Victoria Aurelia Fawn

Name: Victoria Aurelia Fawn
Appearance:

Build: 6'6", 184 lbs
Species: Quarter Angel

Magic Category/Categories: Light, Metal, Electricity (New)

Mana Count: 200

Known Spells/Abilities:
  • Dazzle [5] - A very weak attack that is little more than a flash of light into a persons eyes. Can cause retinal burns if multiple attacks land in succession, but is mostly useful for blinding.
  • Rust [5] - While it won't do so to a great deal, Rust weakens the structure of small amounts of metal, making it more brittle and prone to fracture.
  • Reforge [5] - While reinforce the makeup of a small amount of metal, or even seal small amounts of damage.
  • Spark [5] - Creates a short ranged (20 - 30 feet) spark of electricity. Barely does any damage, but is painful and causes spasms near the affected area.
  • Pulse [10] - A more advanced version of dazzle, can cause permanent eye damage, and minor (1st degree) burns.
  • Create Temporary Ingot [10] - Creates a lump of metal big enough to be shaped or forged into weapons, disappears after a time.
  • Shape Metal [10 initial, .5 a second] - While a slow and time consuming spell, shape metal can shape any available metal, including temporary ingots.
  • Pulse Laser [15] - A quick, focused pulse of light that is good at piercing materials. Causes comparatively minor damage to soft tissue, but it's painful and can be debilitating.
  • Temper Metal [15] - Tempers a moderate amount of metal, strengthening it and sealing or replacing small to moderate amounts of damage.
  • Undermine Metal [15] - Weakens a moderate amount of metal, making it more prone to fracture and damage.
  • Foundry (Temporary) [15] - Creates a moderate amount of metal, this metal disappears after a time.
  • Blast [20] - This is Victoria's first true damaging the attack, while it's rare it will cause serious injury, burns are painful, and it can dazzle their eyes, or cause other detriments.
  • Create Permanent Ingot [20] - A literal copy of her weaker spell, but the metal does not fade away.
  • Iron works (Temporary) [20] - Creates a large amount of metal (enough for a full suit of armor, or other use), though this metal fades after a time.
  • Foundry (Permanent) [30] - Does the same as its weaker cousin, but the metal is here to stay.
  • Pulse Blast [40] - An area of effect attack designed to both blind, and burn a large group of enemies. Does serious damage if it detonates on top of a target.
  • Solar Flare[40] - A large beam of light comes down from the sky, causing serious damage over a small area. While it can only catch a few opponents, it is difficult to avoid.
  • Iron Works (Permanent) [40] - Following the same pattern, this creates a large amount of permanent metal.
  • Dart Swarm [40] - Creates and launches at Short to Medium range, a swarm of 10 darts. Causes significant soft tissue damage, but has low armor penetration.
  • Light Barrier[60] - A shimmering barrier made of light surrounds Victoria or one of her allies (Touch only) for a few minutes. While almost useless against solid attacks, it is effective at turning away energy, especially Light and Darkness.
  • Solar Wind [75] - While Victoria's name for this spell may be somewhat misleading, it is a beam extending from her hand outward in a line. Highly lethal to anything caught up in beam, and capable of melting armor, and rock alike.
  • Summon Sparking Golem [125] - Summons a medium sized Golem of Metal and Lightning. Resistant to physical attacks, and capable at both melee and ranged, it packs a surprising punch into it's smaller frame. It is particularly vulnerable to metal and fire magic.

Equipment: An FN Five-seveN, and a combat knife (Victoria hopes to never have to fall back on the knife). Currently has no magical equipment.

Class: Second

Hometown: Los Angeles, California

Sexuality: Bisexual (But heavily prefers women)

Personality: Cold, generally distant, and intelligent. Victoria has a sharp mind, and generally doesn't do well with people. If she cares for you, be it as friend or more, she will stand by you through almost anything. Is a hard worker, and focuses hard on her tasks and interests, often to the detriment of her health, or social life. Still, she is also known to be able to relax, and enjoys gaming in her spare time.

Biography: Born into a strict family, with strict guardians (Her Guardians are her Aunt and Uncle) do to the carefree nature of her own mother. While she is unaware of both her genetic parents, she often balked under the pressure of her guardians, who had a distaste for magic. Probably born from Victoria's own mother Winter being a mage with little desire to raise a kid, or settle down. She was pushed hard in school, kept isolated from 'bad influences', and 'volunteered' for many after school activities, notably in scientific areas. Eventually she cracked under the pressure, and ran away from home for several months before being dragged back. Now sporting piercings, though she rarely wears them anymore, and tattoos (though well hidden), her guardians realized their hopes for her were shattered. Her final year in High School was her first taste of any real social freedom.

Once she decided to pursue magic, both to spite her family, make her mother proud, and get away from the things she hated of her upbringing, she found she had a few...not so common abilities. While she isn't overly concerned where they come from, she has put them to good use to advance herself in Santa Marina. With her vacation spent mostly relaxing, and visiting her half-sister, she now prepares herself for another tough year. Now though, now she has chosen the work load, and is enjoying the freedom of being on her own. If her guardians knew half the things she did, they would go pale, and balk at the very idea.

#HAcademy
Last edited by Durmatagno on Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When we lose one we love, our bitterest tears are called forth by the memory of hours when we loved not enough. - Maurice Maeterlinck

There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. - Washington Irving

It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get. - Confucius

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:14 pm

This is heavily WIP because I don't have much time to write a bio right now, but I would appreciate feedback on the design and abilities :)

Bryn Heath

Name: Bryn Heath
Appearance:

Build: 5'3", 130 pounds (160 cm and 59 kilo for everyone else in the world)

Magic Category/Categories: Alchemy. She might pursue other schools for backup options at some point, but she is an alchemist through and through.

Known Spells/Abilities: These are things she's come up with on her own, but I expect her repertoire will drastically expand as she spends time at the academy. She's intentionally not very combat-effective to start off. Let me know if Panacea is too strong for just starting out, I just wanted to come up with a themed ability for the name.
(Most of her things have to be prepped ahead of time, so I've elected to include the amount she typically carries rather than mana costs for such items)
Greek Fire (but magical), x5: Flasks of green flame that explode violently when shattered, leaving a fire that will extinguish on its own over time, but otherwise can only be put out with magical water sources.
Invisibility Potion, x1: The name's on the tin. A vial of invisibility, but it only lasts around 5 minutes. Meant for quick escapes, not extended hiding.
Healing Potion, x10 (or as many as she gets around to making): Again, does what it says. Pour on wound to apply, or ingest for internal wounds (less effective). Minor healing, wound closure, the like.
[150] Panacea: Saves the life of another, by fulling exhausting her own power. Can bring someone back from near death, if used immediately and without hesitation. Bryn could be out for days after using this ability, her magic fully tapped.

Equipment: A handgun that she intends to alchemically empower, and a combat knife. Typical alchemist's equipment, though most of that stays in her dorm or lab.

Class: First Year

Hometown: Los Angeles

Sexuality: Bisexual

Personality: (Aim for a paragraph.)

Biography: (At least two paragraphs.)

#HAcademy
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:28 pm

Victoria is accepted.

As for Bryn, the spells look fine, Panacea won't have a large window to work however. Potions should have a number for how much mana they cost to create, also.
don't tread on me

Skyggeheim
Envoy

Founded: Apr 30, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyggeheim » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:12 pm

Tag. Will have an app up tomorrow.

Cappuccina
Minister

Founded: Jun 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cappuccina » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:23 pm

Making an app. Btw, what exactly is "force" magic?
Muslim, Female, Trans, Not white..... oppression points x4!!!!
"Latinx" isn't a real word. :^)
Automobile & Music fan!!! ^_^
Also, an everything 1980s fan!!!
Left/Right: -5.25
SocLib/Auth: 2.46

Apparently, I'm an INFP

Theyra
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Theyra » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:26 pm

Tavian Arcos

Name: Tavian Arcos
Appearance:

Build: 5'8, 156lbs, above average build

Magic Category/Categories: Holy and Lightning

Mana Count: 200

Known Spells/Abilities:
  • Holy Protection [30] - Able to shield a single target from incoming damage from either mundane or magical attacks. Able to withstand up to five medium-strength attacks before breaking. Can be overwhelmed by a strong attack and break instantly.
  • Divine Heal [25] - Tavian uses holy magic to heal a single target of physical and magical wounds. Can be cast at a distance but, is stronger the closet Tavian is to the target.
  • Divine Cleanse [35] - Tavian is able to cleanse a single target of a mundane or magical affliction.
  • Group Heal [50] - Able to heal up to three to five targets at once but, it requires about ten seconds to be cast. Also, the targets generally have to be in the same area in order to be healed.
  • Electric Touch [10] - Tavian charges his hands to give off a low-strength shock that can stun someone. Only works with a physical touch and can be used to resuscitate someone.
  • Lightning Bolt [25] - Casts out a lightning bolt at a single target, the bolt is medium strength and does not work well against armor.
  • Chain Lighting [45] - Tavian is able to send out a lightning bolt that strikes up to three targets and medium strength. The targets have to be near each other in order for the bolt to move between targets.
  • Thunderstorm [80] - Creates a large electrical storm that extends over a big area. However, while it is his strongest attack, Tavian can not control the lighting strikes only gulde them if he focuses on controlling the storm, Even then there is a chance of a random lightning strike in an area he does not want. Thus, he only uses this in a desperate situation.

Equipment: Glock 17M which he uses sparely and uses enchanted gauntlets to help cast his spells.

Class: Second Year(Transfer Student)

Nationality: Romanian

Hometown: Cluj-Napoca

Sexuality: Straight

Personality: Tavian can be described as a quiet person that while he enjoys spending time with friends, he values his alone time. After what happened with his uncle, Tavian had developed a strong sense of justice and holds grudges. Though Tavian can be easygoing and go with the flow, he can be stubborn to the point that once he makes a decision that he considers important, it is hard to dissuade him. Also, he is hesitant about talking about his family as he does not want people to know about his uncle.

Biography: The first of three, Tavian comes from an old Romanian mage family, the Arcos family. His family is one of the leading magic families in Romania and once enjoyed a prestigious reputation for producing noble mages. Then scandal hit the family when Tavian was eight when the family's head, Tavian's uncle Marku had been exposed as a criminal. He used his access to the family's funds to fuel his criminal ventures without the rest of the family's knowledge. Tavian's uncle managed to escape capture from authorities but, not before taking most of the family's wealth in the process. This turned Tavian's life upside down as the family was in danger of becoming bankrupt and worked endlessly to salvage the situation. Leaving little time for Tavian and his younger siblings. A friend of the family offered to look after Tavian and his siblings while the family fixes their financial situation. His parents agreed to this and Tavian, and his siblings flew over to the United States to live in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.

Tavian adapted well to living in the States, learning English fast and eventually got used to his new home. The friend of his family, the Leths, treated him and his siblings well though Tavian would his parents. He made few friends in America and learned much from the Leths. Making him feel like he was with a second family and the Leths even taught him the family's specialty, lighting magic. When he was fourteen, his family situation became stable enough where he could go home, Tavian and his siblings went back to Romania. Things were very different for him when he returned, while his family was able to keep the estate, he found that the house was left a shadow of what it once was. Nothing was spared bearing the family's magical weapons, for Tavian it felt like going into a hollow husk. It took time for him to become to use the house and slowly over the years, his family started to buy back what they had to sell. Tavian never did forget about his uncle, and after seeing what it cost the family, he grew to resent his uncle and hate criminals.

When Tavian was nineteen was able to enroll at Hunter Academy in Dubrovnik and did well for himself there. Earning good grades and having a pleasant school life for a while. Until someone found out about his uncle and started to spread it around the school, rather than deal with the newfound attention, he choose to keep a low profile. When it came to the second year, Tavian heard about the foreign exchange program and partly to get away and remembering his good time in America. He applied and was accepted; he was sent to the Hunter Academy in Santa Marina. Now with a fresh slate, Tavian hopes to have a good time in the States see what the American school has to offer.

#HAcademy

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:54 pm

Cappuccina wrote:Making an app. Btw, what exactly is "force" magic?

Basically not all that far from what it sounds like, it's physical force - forcefields, telekinesis, that type of thing.
Theyra wrote:snip

Accepted.
don't tread on me

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:46 pm

Not sure if character or NPC but this is someone you'll be seeing in the story once the IC goes up.

Freya Jung

Name: Freya Jung
Appearance:

Build: 5'9", 123 lbs

Magic Category/Categories: Alchemical / Blood

Mana Count: [̠̲̲͇͇̘R̨͍͉̥͚͔̲̣̘E̸̴͇͔͕͠D̡̠̮̦͙̩͚̹̩̥A̵̶͈̝͢ͅC̴͉̟̠͎̩̟̻͘ͅT͈͎͍̖̞̘ͅE̴̡̤̗̲̬̖͞D̜̲̦̠͍͎͜͝ͅ]̭͚̘͍

Known Spells/Abilities:

• Absorb [25] - Freya can absorb nearby blood from other people to replenish her own health to an extent. Up to 75% of her health can be healed with this spell, but the blood must already be exposed, I.E. through an open wound.
  • Smoke [10] - A cheap to create alchemical potion which when exposed to air creates thick black smoke in the surrounding area, making it hard to see and target those within.
  • Fire [20] - A slightly more mana consuming potion which creates fire when exposed to the air. This fire will burn for five to ten seconds before going out, but will burn intensely for the time which it's around.
  • Blood Homing [40] - This spell is applied to another attack and will cause the weapon to chase after the enemy's blood, allowing Freya to target an enemy which has already been dealt an open wound.
  • Blood Whip [30] - Freya can form a whip out of blood which will stay around for a short period of time, and can be manipulated by her. This whip is capable of causing damage despite its liquid nature.
  • Stagger [40] - Freya can stagger an enemy for a few moments by pulling on the blood within their body, also causing a bit of pain for a short time.
  • Throw [60] - A stronger version of stagger, Freya can attempt to send an enemy off their feet and onto their back by manipulating their blood, something which isn't necessarily guaranteed to succeed - this move will stagger the enemy at the least, however.
  • Dizzying Smoke [50] - This potion disorients those who breathe it in and spreads on contact with the air - the effects aren't the strongest, but they can provide an edge in an intense fight where every inch matters.
  • Path Perception [50] - The effects of this potion cause the user to see the paths where objects have recently moved, translucently. For example, if someone swings a weapon, it will leave a translucent and invisible trail. The potion lasts for five minutes and allows the user to better predict the movements of an enemy.
  • Enhanced Movement [50] - This potion also lasts for five minutes and allows the user to move and react quicker to incoming threats as well as attack quicker themselves with faster muscle twitch and physical reactions.
  • Vision [60] - Lasting for five minutes, this potion displays to the user the veins of all nearby people as well as spots where they appear to be injured or weak, allowing for these points to be taken advantage of in combat.

Equipment: Typically in combat, Freya wields an enchanted spear which folds down into a knife, with the enchantment giving the spear a bonus against magical protections, especially the holy type. It is believed that the weapon is, for whatever reason, infernal in nature.

Hometown: Chicago, Illinois

Sexuality: ???

Personality: Freya is generally a relatively calm and calculating person who, rather than acting emotionally, analyzes situations and people and takes time to come to a proper decision. Her personality is, interestingly enough however, somewhat idealistic to an extent - she's essentially the type of mage who focuses on what magic can do for people rather than how magic can be advanced in secret laboratories and closed door meetings between high ranking but inaccessible professionals. This idealism is perhaps the reason why Freya became a Hunter, but her distant and quiet nature makes it hard to read her entirely, including her motives and her background.

Biography: [̠̲̲͇͇̘R̨͍͉̥͚͔̲̣̘E̸̴͇͔͕͠D̡̠̮̦͙̩͚̹̩̥A̵̶͈̝͢ͅC̴͉̟̠͎̩̟̻͘ͅT͈͎͍̖̞̘ͅE̴̡̤̗̲̬̖͞D̜̲̦̠͍͎͜͝ͅ]̭͚̘͍

#HAcademy
don't tread on me

Castelia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 04, 2015
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Castelia » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:57 pm

Featuring the return of, to everyone's annoyance, Archie Lawson!

Also featuring the return of Castelia's notorious inability to judge power levels, so help in fixing the ability levels will be greatly appreciated!

Archibald "Archie" Lawson

Name: Archibald "Archie" Lawson
Appearance:

Build: 5'9'', 60 kg (Slightly athletic build, but not muscular).

Magic Category/Categories: Water

Known Spells/Abilities:
  • Tap Water [5] - Shoots a pressurized blast of water that causes no damage on impact. At this level of power, it merely feels like being tapped with a finger, and is often used for distraction rather than for offensive power.
  • Drink Punch [10] - Shoots a pressurized blast of water that causes minor damage on impact. Archie's standard offensive spell, getting hit by a minor water blast feels like being punched by a regular human.
  • Water Blast [25] - Shoots a pressurized blast of water that causes some damage on impact. Somewhat more powerful than the last tier of water blast, getting hit by this spell is usually enough to knock someone over.
  • Aqua Gun [50] - Shoots a pressurized blast of water that causes somewhat major damage on impact. At this level of power, getting hit by this attack feels like being shot by a pistol. While it won't penetrate standard body armor, Aqua Gun's attack can penetrate unarmored targets and soft-skinned vehicles.
  • Liquidizer [75] - Shoots a pressurized blast of water that causes major damage on impact. At this level of power, the attack is usually enough to penetrate through the body armor used by military personnel. As such, some compare getting hit by this spell to being hit by an anti-materiel rifle.
  • Hydro Cannon[100] - Shoots a pressurized blast of water that causes extreme damage on impact. At this level of power, Water Blast is able to cut through 600 mm of armor, the standard frontal armor protection of an M1 Abrams MBT, with ease.
  • Hydrokinetic Weapon Construct [15] - Allows Archie to create constructs made of water that last for a minute, or until destroyed. His preferred construct is a sword, though he is capable of making other constructs as well. The limitation of this ability is that Archie can only construct melee weapons and armor, but not anything else.
  • Hydrokinetic Flight [15] - Allows Archie the ability to hover off the ground through the use of water, though only for a height of 15 meters. Lasts for a minute only.
  • Hydrokinetic Movement [15] - Allows Archie to use water to boost his maneuverability for one minute, granting him increased movement and agility.
  • Whirlpool: A Dancing Dervish of Death [150] - Archie's trump card. Using Whirlpool allows Archie to summon a powerful whirlpool on land for 3 minutes, trapping anyone within 10 square meters inside. Anyone trapped inside can die either by drowning or by being crushed by the powerful pressure contained within the water, which is enough to crush metal like a tin can. As a side effect of using it, though, Archie completely drains his mana and renders him unable to charge mana at all for 12 hours even with external help, rendering him helpless. Archie is also unable to control who gets trapped inside, making it extremely dangerous for both enemies and allies.

Equipment: A water-enchanted long sword, a Heckler & Koch USP Expert chambered in .40 S&W (16 rounds per magazine), 2 spare magazines.

Hometown: San Jose, California

Sexuality: Asexual

Personality: Archie is loud, energetic, and hyperactive. Always seemingly on the verge of exploding, Archie does everything with energy and passion. This extends even into combat, painting Archie as your stereotypical hot-blooded teenage protagonist. He is friendly and trusting to those he has gotten to know, and is relatively happy-go-lucky. He will always look out for his comrades, and will willingly put himself in great danger in order to save people. At the same time, though, Archie has a massive disdain for authority and hierarchy. He prefers to treat everyone as his equals rather than with the respect and deferment expected in a highly traditional magical society. Archie does not care at all about tact and etiquette, and in most cases will be blunt and outright disrespectful. He also disregards authority whenever he feels it is an obstruction to his goals. Despite this, Archie is one of the friendliest people around, and if treated right, will treat others right in return.

Biography: Archibald, or Archie as his parents called him, comes from a family of renowned mages from North California. Though not as well known as many other mage families, the Lawsons are a somewhat famous name, being responsible for the development of magic culture in North California for at least 200 years. Unlike many other mage families however, who thrived in tradition and hierarchy, the Lawsons promoted a culture of liberalism and equality, allowing the members of their family to study and develop their own forms of magic and earning them the disdain of most other mage families. Despite this, the Lawsons continued to thrive in their area, culminating in the establishment of numerous Lawson family branches in the West Coast. Archie was born into the main branch of the family, who were also members of the Hunters Association and were in charge of protecting the city of San Jose, California.

From a young age, Archie thrived under his family's training, easily learning the family's traditional school of water magic. Archie was also widely traveled in his youth, having been sent to other branches of the family to meet them and learn their ways and knowledge. It was during these travels that Archie became exposed to the ways of other mage families. Having been used to being treated as an equal within his own family, Archie was surprised and chafed at the expected deferment he was expected to show to mages of "higher class and station" of his own. This eventually grew into his present disdain for authority.

As part of his training, Archie was educated in the ways of the Hunters Association, as it was expected one day that he too would eventually join the Hunters as his family members had done. Accepting his family's wishes, as it just so happened to coincide with his own, Archie began training with his family to become a Hunter. He witnessed first hand his family's efforts to keep San Jose safe, both the good and the bad. As he grew up, witnessing the glory and death involved in his family's dangerous craft, Archie only became ever more resolved to help his own family.

Thus, with no illusions in his mind about the danger of the world he was about to enter, Archie entered The Santa Marina Hunter Academy for further training, with the goal of one day helping his family in their dangerous line of work.

#HAcademy
Last edited by Castelia on Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"They say I'm insane, but take a look at the world and tell me the pleasures of sanity."
My IRL politics are simple: anti-Chinese Communist Party. If a view is anti-CCP, no matter how bad it is, that's my view.

Welcome to the Casteliaverse! | Factbook Repository
A 10.125 civilization, according to this index, and a Class 1 Civilization according to this index.
I DO NOT USE NS STATS. This nation does not represent my IRL views.
This spoiler is a tribute to Vanquaria, whose level of based I aspire to achieve one day.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:52 pm

Castelia wrote:snip

Accepted but the water blast power should probably be split into different spells based on strength, with more specific mana counts rather than a vague 10-100.
don't tread on me

Castelia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 04, 2015
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Castelia » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:06 am

Forest State wrote:-snip-

Fixed it!
"They say I'm insane, but take a look at the world and tell me the pleasures of sanity."
My IRL politics are simple: anti-Chinese Communist Party. If a view is anti-CCP, no matter how bad it is, that's my view.

Welcome to the Casteliaverse! | Factbook Repository
A 10.125 civilization, according to this index, and a Class 1 Civilization according to this index.
I DO NOT USE NS STATS. This nation does not represent my IRL views.
This spoiler is a tribute to Vanquaria, whose level of based I aspire to achieve one day.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse