NATION

PASSWORD

A Strange World: Civilization's Dawn [Revival] [OOC|Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:31 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Honestly it's a tempting offer, but I don't think I can live with have the community glaring down my neck.

Edit: Well, I thought about it more and decided what the hell. The natural resources you have would indeed provide for my character nicely, so I should and will go for it.

Dear lord... Honestly if this goes how I think it will I may just quit once we advance to the next phase. It's not worth my time.

Your not close to the coast. I may just jump ship as well.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:32 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Honestly it's a tempting offer, but I don't think I can live with have the community glaring down my neck.

Edit: Well, I thought about it more and decided what the hell. The natural resources you have would indeed provide for my character nicely, so I should and will go for it.

Dear lord... Honestly if this goes how I think it will I may just quit once we advance to the next phase. It's not worth my time.

Don't guilt trip me! I don't want to ruin anyone experience; I just want a fun IC experience.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Olthenia
Senator

Founded: Oct 03, 2009
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Olthenia » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:34 am

Nuxipal wrote:
Olthenia wrote:Oh, damn. I lost another turn.

TG me your actions and I'll throw it onto the update. This one was for sunday/monday, so we all had a couple of days and even I almost didn't make it.

Much obliged. I'll put together a TG forthwith.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:36 am

Ralnis wrote:
The GAmeTopians wrote:Dear lord... Honestly if this goes how I think it will I may just quit once we advance to the next phase. It's not worth my time.

Your not close to the coast. I may just jump ship as well.

Mate I'm literally on the coast...

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
The GAmeTopians wrote:Dear lord... Honestly if this goes how I think it will I may just quit once we advance to the next phase. It's not worth my time.

Don't guilt trip me! I don't want to ruin anyone experience; I just want a fun IC experience.

I'm not trying to guilt trip you, I'm just being honest. Being massacred by massively advanced vikings isn't worth my time.
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Ostnea
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ostnea » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:38 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:

I mean, G has no ranged weapons or armor. Or a reason to develop them either. He's more advanced in metallurgy but that's not everything.

I still don't like that RNGsus has blessed G so much, though. I spent a few years trying to figure out how to make an Atl-atl and have a few kids, and he's already in the Chalcolithic.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:43 am

Ostnea wrote:

I mean, G has no ranged weapons or armor. Or a reason to develop them either. He's more advanced in metallurgy but that's not everything.

I still don't like that RNGsus has blessed G so much, though. I spent a few years trying to figure out how to make an Atl-atl and have a few kids, and he's already in the Chalcolithic.

But the fact that he got basic techs so quickly means he has a massive advantage on all future techs as well. It's a snowball of death.

Ostnea
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ostnea » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:04 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:
Ostnea wrote:

But the fact that he got basic techs so quickly means he has a massive advantage on all future techs as well. It's a snowball of death.

True, though I don't see how copper working would help with the discovery of domestication or agriculture, unless the knowledge of metal just inherently gives you a tech boost.

Plus, this isn't (to my knowledge) actual metallurgy, more casting metal next to a fire. It's probably full of impurities and pretty weak compared to actual furnace fired and smithed metal.

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Empire of Tau » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:13 am

Question, who's doing the next update and will it be today?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:22 am

Ostnea wrote:
The GAmeTopians wrote:But the fact that he got basic techs so quickly means he has a massive advantage on all future techs as well. It's a snowball of death.

True, though I don't see how copper working would help with the discovery of domestication or agriculture, unless the knowledge of metal just inherently gives you a tech boost.

Plus, this isn't (to my knowledge) actual metallurgy, more casting metal next to a fire. It's probably full of impurities and pretty weak compared to actual furnace fired and smithed metal.

Oh yes. Right now the metallurgy the Sea-Blessed possess is melting copper ore into a sand-mold, and the fastening the crudely shaped lump onto the end of a stick.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:15 pm

The Empire of Tau wrote:Question, who's doing the next update and will it be today?

Probably me, and probably yes. If its not this evening, I'll have it done overnight.
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:41 pm

Olthenia wrote:
Nuxipal wrote:
TG me your actions and I'll throw it onto the update. This one was for sunday/monday, so we all had a couple of days and even I almost didn't make it.

You have been added to the previous year's account.

Olthenia
Senator

Postby Olthenia » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:36 pm

Nuxipal wrote:
Olthenia wrote:

You have been added to the previous year's account.

So I have. Many thanks.

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:30 pm

Not sure we'll get an update tonight. Lots of people have yet to post, so there will be an update tomorrow afternoon (US Eastern time)

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:04 pm

Fairly quiet day, that's unusual around here.

I'm running out of event ideas, so if you guys want to suggest some positive and negative ones, that'd be great.

Olthenia
Senator

Postby Olthenia » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:50 am

Did someone say 'random events'?

1) A migration of wild animals drive new herds into new areas, along with the predators that prey upon them.

2) An unknown cataclysm in the ocean drives shoals of confused marine mammals onto the nearby shores. Ample food to many, perhaps - but what becomes of those that eat the glistening flesh?

3) A series of terrible earthquakes have uncovered a network of subterranean caves - along with their hideous inhabitants. What horrors await in the dark below? And what treasures?

4) Strange fungal blooms blanket the skies with intoxicating spores, forcing their dazed victims to wander west, towards the rising sun. But to what end?

5) A queer, flower-faced lizard-terror stalks the land, feasting on children and stalking lone hunters! Fight it, or flee before its flowery might!

6) The night throbs with insect-rhythms, and the air is silver-bright. All efforts towards occult and magical ends are surely aided by such circumstances. But be warned - look not too closely, for that way lies madness.

7) A terrible hailstorm wreaks havoc on nearby woodlands. By the time it clears, a windfall of broken trees and scattered branches provide ample opportunity for foraging.

8) Your hunters spy a majestic creature cavorting in a moonlit glade, its fur as white as snow. What glorious secrets can be gleaned by listening to its unearthly song?

9) A vast nest of strange, gleaming eggs is spied by your hunters - far up in some lonely crag. Can they be hunted for food? And where are their parents?

10) A lone child wanders into your camp - pale of skin and yellow of eye. Emaciated and fearful, she will surely be lost without you. How long has she survived upon the plains?
Last edited by Olthenia on Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:32 am, edited 5 times in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:04 am

I 100% endorse the flower-faced lizard terror.

That said, if you’re running low on RNG, I would just chill out on events. I only ran 2-4 for a dozen tribes in a given year, and if anything I got hassled about too many events, not too few.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:37 pm

Thanks for your submissions! We will deffo use many of those events. Also! Update is LIVE! Happy birthday everyone!
"When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?"

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:45 pm

Erm, my post appears to be missing a few things... any progress on distilling salt? Results from my scout's expedition?

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:15 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Erm, my post appears to be missing a few things... any progress on distilling salt? Results from my scout's expedition?

pffffft I.... dont know what youre talking abou! hah!

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:22 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Erm, my post appears to be missing a few things... any progress on distilling salt? Results from my scout's expedition?

You.... rolled very interesting on that... 20, 20, 18. 0_o your rng luck is rly creepy. ((For the scouting))
Last edited by Saxony-Brandenburg on Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:27 pm

Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:

You.... rolled very interesting on that... 20, 20, 18. 0_o your rng luck is rly creepy. ((For the scouting))

Thanks much :P

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2016

Postby The Empire of Tau » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:15 pm

Do I have now the sharp-edges of flint to use now?

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:13 pm

The Empire of Tau wrote:Do I have now the sharp-edges of flint to use now?

yes

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:22 pm

Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:

... :shock:

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:30 pm

Hmm. Gold. That’s probably good for... making runes?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse