NATION

PASSWORD

Rock Discussion Thread.

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.
Anarcho-Syndicalist Unions
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 07, 2019
Ex-Nation

Rock Discussion Thread.

Postby Anarcho-Syndicalist Unions » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:13 am

I noticed there wasn't really any active rock discussions, so I'm making my own.
My favourite types of rock are:
Psychedelic Rock
Funk Rock
Alt-rock
Grunge
Punk Rock
Blues Rock
Shoegaze
And everything in between.
My favourite bands are:
Pearl Jam
Stone Temple Pilots
U2
Tame Impala
The Doors
Led Zeppelin
Red Vox
Pink Floyd
The Jimi Hendrix Experience
Radiohead
Blur from the self-titled album onwards
The White Stripes
And a few more.

So what are your opinions on rock music?

Comus Eleutherios
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 03, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Comus Eleutherios » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:08 pm

Punk rock is my favourite genre after Medieval church hymns so I'm happy to see another fan on NS!

The Dead Kennedys.
Propagandhi.
Schmekel.
Against Me!.
Limp Wrist.
The Clash.
Crass.

I like other rock, obviously. Queen, Led Zeppelin, Devo, Rage Against the Machine, System of a Down. A lot of metal, but that's another thread. I've started listening to King Crimson recently, in part because of Mandy and in part because of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.
Last edited by Comus Eleutherios on Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Comus Eleutherios, a commune of free peoples.
No privilege, no injustice, no slavery, no brutality.
comus eleutherios says trans rights!
Antifascist, et al.
Any pronouns are okay.
baby, i'm an anarchist
Comus Eleutherios' politics are not wholly representative of my own.

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:11 pm

you know for a sec I thought it was about these rocks https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/c6f843fdda180babd74837f505bc2832a449f9e7/c=0-82-2163-1304/local/-/media/2018/03/23/PAGroup/YorkDailyRecord/636574183580750063-GettyImages-668685016.jpg?width=3200&height=1680&fit=crop
but I have a few songs from Rammstein, Lordi, and some Gothic rock songs from Repo the Genetic Opera
Last edited by Gig em Aggies on Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Anarcho-Syndicalist Unions » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:39 pm

Gig em Aggies wrote:you know for a sec I thought it was about these rocks https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/c6f843fdda180babd74837f505bc2832a449f9e7/c=0-82-2163-1304/local/-/media/2018/03/23/PAGroup/YorkDailyRecord/636574183580750063-GettyImages-668685016.jpg?width=3200&height=1680&fit=crop
but I have a few songs from Rammstein, Lordi, and some Gothic rock songs from Repo the Genetic Opera

:p

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:23 am

I love classic rock. Led Zeppelin is probably my favorite band, although I like a lot of other bands/artists as well.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Anarcho-Syndicalist Unions » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:55 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:I love classic rock. Led Zeppelin is probably my favorite band, although I like a lot of other bands/artists as well.

I think Led Zeppelin is a pretty good band too. My favourite song would either be When the Levee Breaks or Kashmir.

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:04 pm

Anarcho-Syndicalist Unions wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:I love classic rock. Led Zeppelin is probably my favorite band, although I like a lot of other bands/artists as well.

I think Led Zeppelin is a pretty good band too. My favourite song would either be When the Levee Breaks or Kashmir.

What are your thoughts on Rammstein and the music from Repo the Gentic Opera?
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

Chrigonia
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Chrigonia » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:10 pm

I love classic rock. Queen and The Rolling Stones are my favorite bands.

Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Anarcho-Syndicalist Unions » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:39 am

Gig em Aggies wrote:
Anarcho-Syndicalist Unions wrote:I think Led Zeppelin is a pretty good band too. My favourite song would either be When the Levee Breaks or Kashmir.

What are your thoughts on Rammstein and the music from Repo the Gentic Opera?

I'll have to listen to some of their songs.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:24 am

Anarcho-Syndicalist Unions wrote:

It's been forever since I listened to When the Levee Breaks. I always forget how good it is. I personally like The Battle of Evermore and Communication Breakdown.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Vashty
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Vashty » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:37 pm

here is the single my band did a few months back

tell me what you think

https://youtu.be/sPcHX43rQZc
|| Formerly Vashtanaraada

Manners cost nothing because they're worthless

I play drums. https://youtu.be/mhRsiHRQOHE

Fedel
Minister

Founded: Mar 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:06 pm

Pink Floyd's my favorite band though I believe Zeppelin embodies rock and roll in its purest form.
Last edited by Fedel on Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction