NATION

PASSWORD

The Royal Baptism (IC, Open, MT)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Founded: May 15, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:18 am

Camelone wrote:"I am in a rather unique position within the Church hierarchy as the Basilica is one of the, if not the most, important of the Camelonean churches. My Patriarch is my direct superior and spiritual guide, I have also been freed from any duties or loyalties to abbots. I am still a member of my order but outside of it. It gets rather complicated because the Basilica is of such great importance that no one but the Patriarch is the superior. As for how I was decided on, well the vicar of the Basilica is chosen by lot from among the monks appointed by the bishops. Each bishop writes the name of their choice on a sheet of paper and place it within a jug at the foot of the altar in the Cathedral in front of everyone. Than the Patriarch draws the name out and they are appointed the vicar of the Basilica. I had the burden thrusted upon me by such a system. It is the only parish which is done so in Camelone. I am unaware if it is done elsewhere in the Apostolic Church though." Father Augustine said as he sat down across from Neromari. "As for the Apostolic Catholic Church we aren't that different except we didn't have to suffer through the modern iconoclasm of your Novus Ordus Mass and Vatican 2. I trust you are one of the good prelates left in your Church. We also are a sacramental and experiential Church focusing on both while from what I can gather Rome is more along the lines of sacramental and scholastic." He continued as he looked at the paintings around the room. The classical arts never truly died in Camelone and all the paintings were of a more romanticist persuasion of all aspects of human life.

“Ah, so that is how it all came to be.” He nodded as he took a sip of water from his glass half smiling “Per favore, do not mention the laughable ‘new order’. Believe me, I will accept the Second Vatican Council. However, what I will not accept is the practice of that ‘mass’ in any parish wherever my influence has anything to say about it.”

As the two spoke, Cleone made his way down after his quick shower. His dark blue suit changed to a black suit with a white shirt under. A medal or two shone on his chest ear his heart, apart from them was his medal of the Order of the Sacred Heart, which resembled the Sacred Heart of Jesus. “Sorry to keep you all waiting. Now we have a baptism to get to, and royals to meet. It’s not very day I meet my own kind.”

”’Your kind’? I’m your kind” Neromari got up from his couch with a groan “We’ll talk more later, yes?” They all mad etheir way back to the vehicle, heading to the cathedral.

Previous

Return to NationStates