NATION

PASSWORD

How do we manage the incel epidemic?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:18 am

Grapasia wrote:
Araraukar wrote:

Answer. Is it not usual over there for women to settle down with a guy a couple of years older than them?

If your original study had five-year cohorts of reproduction starting from 20 years of age, then it might be more indicative of something, than merely "turning 30", especially given that average age for women to have their first child is 29.1 years currently.

Yeah, a 2 year age difference is great for explaining why over a third of these surplus children exist. JFL
Maybe hypergamy isn't taking off as fast as I think it is (kind of sad because less men will do anything about being cucked if the sky isn't falling, it's like a frog being boiled), but it's getting there. I'd love to see a bell curve chart on the age of parents, I bet my life on it being not nearly enough to explain the majority of that whopping more than a third of kids being born in surplus to women. Plus, the majority of Finnish children are born out of wedlock according to your stats, plenty of room for dicking down single mothers with their 3rd child from a different man while the government and Melvin pays for it. It's over for many men.

As to children being born out of wedlock, I believe that's also including long term cohabitating partners who merely haven't gotten married - getting married is not terribly popular in the Nordic countries among young people.
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Gaba Land
Civilian

Founded: Jun 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gaba Land » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:20 am

Kill them noob beta male incel virgins so they cant complain no more //ez

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:22 am

Cekoviu wrote:As to children being born out of wedlock, I believe that's also including long term cohabitating partners who merely haven't gotten married - getting married is not terribly popular in the Nordic countries among young people.

Yeah, especially as there's a... cba look up the English term, but like "registered cohabiting partners" thing, that gives you most of the benefits of civil marriage without being as cumbersome to undo as marriage.

EDIT: Also, for anyone actually interested, that site I linked to? Explore to your heart's contents. It's Finland's national database for statistics.
Last edited by Araraukar on Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:28 am

Gaba Land wrote:Kill them noob beta male incel virgins so they cant complain no more //ez

Hi, I see you're new here, stranger. Take a look at the Rules. Follow them and you'll have fun. Ignore them and your fun will be had somewhere else.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:29 am

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:Show us your legs.

Very well...

OooOOOoo
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Grapasia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Grapasia » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:31 am

Absolute ropefuel
Cekoviu wrote:Sorry to hear that.

Nonchalant af and I'm not even gonna take it personally because it's that way for a reason.
Cekoviu wrote:You don't have to be a menial worker just because you're not a supermodel. There are plenty of high-status people who are not particularly attractive - for example, the richest man in the world, Jeff Bezos.

Just be lucky enough to take advantage of an energing industry by developing an idea hundreds of people are developing at the same time and be lucky enough to be the one guy that gets an oligopoly or monopoly over the whole thing so you can betabuxx theory.
If this ever happens to me, I swear on my mothers life that I'll telegram you with the QR code of a plane ticket from Sweden to my house so I can snort coke off your tits. Spoiler alert, there's no way this is happening, the whole concept is fucking ridiculous. Also tall men earn more on average than manlets, look it up. why hasn't the body positivity movement stood up for short men who can't change their height when it constantly stands up for the morbidly obese who spend too few minutes a day standing themselves? Short men are at least as disadvantaged as blacks in the USA, except instead of a legacy of slavery it's the nitrogen bases in our DNA.
Cekoviu wrote:I don't get turned on by watching men bully people, wtf. That's sociopath-tier stuff.
It's only hot when they do it to me.

More ropefuel. It is incredibly saddening to see zoomer foids constantly parrot "daddy please abuse me" stuff because you just know it's something they want to be done to them by attractive or ultra-masculine looking men. You want David Gandy to spank you, you want anyone less attractive than him that looks at you like he wants to do that to be put in a prison cell for 20 to life.I would be arrested if I tried something that is supposedly hot with any woman that has eyes and the ability to feel. I'm pretty sure even Helen Keller would catch onto my manletism eventually and dial the cops on her braille-buttoned nokia. It's also incredibly trashy and skanky, but unfortunately only Chad is allowed to express desire for a woman like a wet rag and cuddle her in 2019. I have to get cancer-causing viruses through disgusting cunnilingus while she screams Chad's name, sentient realdolls can't come soon enough I swear to God.

Cekoviu wrote:I don't necessarily not want you here, but what I don't want here is incel ideology.
Maybe a therapist specializing in depression would be a good start?

"You can be subhuman around me just don't make it too obvious so it doesn't make me uncomfortable teehee"
Unironically, what will therapy do to make my life better?

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:31 am

Grapasia wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:I don't even know if you're ugly, nor do I want you to disappear to an "atemporal realm." You are very good at deriving subtext when there isn't any.

I have been told I look "Jewy", and not in a good way, despite only having a couple of Jewish ancestors from the 19th century. Celebslike.me says I look like Nat Wolff, and I have also been told I look like a young Richard Feynmann, but I am more brachycephalic than both and about as much of a prettyboy as Feynmann despite being closer to Wolff. I am 99% sure I'm norwooding at 19 and I am seriously considering going on fin. I am 5'8 but only with rounding. I have Asperger's Syndrome, and women generally notice something is off with my mannerisms after only a few hours of interacting with me even though they don't try to speak with me like a child (uncanny valley of retardation, too NT to be treated as brain-dead but too autistic to be treated as a non-weirdo, but I the diagnosis is legit because my hand-eye coordination is nonexistent). I've been told you could land a plane on my philtrum (due to length, not smoothness, thank you for being responsible while pregnant mom) because my overbite gives me a worse philtrum to chin ratio than I would have otherwise. I have what another person has called "German cheeks", which is a codeword for my complete lack of facial bone definition that predictably gives me poor undereye support and eye bags. I have small hands, although I'm 16 cm bone-pressed (which is odd because they say that correlates with hand size) and have ok frame. All of my issues are bone and malformed brain tissue that can never be fixed by any amount of showering or cbt.

I come onto this forum and point out that men who are like me and worse off than me have a hard time fulfilling their natural urge to reproduce or, at the very least, find a partner. From you, along with "just b urself", I get a completely unjustified reaction of disgust and a vibe that shows you are aware of my subhumanity. I've been beaten down and relegated to the cuck wageslave role my entire life subconsciously by everyone around me because of the bones in my face, my height and my frame. I don't look handsome, I don't look beautiful. I don't look high fighting success. I would look high trust if my bones were marginally better, but instead I'm "creepy" because I look unattractive without looking like an ogre. I look 12. I look like men taller than me, more attractive than me, with more money and higher status than me, would call me a homophobic expletive and slap me around just because of the way I look and because I'm an easy target due to my stature, and you would enjoy watching them do it (you might even be aroused by it). There's a certain style of speech for every kind of person, you can spot a redditor, you can spot an imageboard user, you can spot a male, you can spot a female, you can spot a kid, you can spot a boomer, you can spot a preppy rich kid, you can spot somebody from a rough neighbourhood and you can spot an ugly man. You can smell my subhumanity subconsciously in the way I type, I know for a fact you're doing it right now.

You certainly don't want me here. Where would you rather I be?

Tldr

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Grapasia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Grapasia » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:33 am

Gaba Land wrote:Kill them noob beta male incel virgins so they cant complain no more //ez

There was an article done a bit ago on the air force doing presentations on incels to recruits. Maybe if WW3 starts there'll be intermittent camps for us and they'll either work us to death, forget to feed us when they start losing or eventually just dispose of us, who knows.

Crockerland
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Crockerland » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:33 am

Araraukar wrote:I have all the normal sexual urges, but I have toys that help deal with them

Oh my...
Araraukar wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:It's a vital part of human wellbeing.

I miss cuddles more than I miss sex. Sex isn't necessary for wellbeing. Physical closeness is.

Physical intimacy is vital for human wellbeing, and sex is an extension of physical intimacy. I'm gonna go ahead and say there aren't many incels who have girlfriends they regularly kiss, hug, and hold hands with, but just happen to be abstaining from premarital sex.
Free Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Tibet.
Gay not Queer / Why Abortion is Genocide / End Gay Erasure
PROUD SUPPORTER OF:
National Liberalism, Nuclear & Geothermal Power, GMOs, Vaccines, Biodiesel, LGBTIA equality, Universal Healthcare, Universal Basic Income, Constitutional Carry, Emotional Support Twinks, Right to Life

Grapasia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Grapasia » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:34 am

Cekoviu wrote:
Grapasia wrote:Yeah, a 2 year age difference is great for explaining why over a third of these surplus children exist. JFL
Maybe hypergamy isn't taking off as fast as I think it is (kind of sad because less men will do anything about being cucked if the sky isn't falling, it's like a frog being boiled), but it's getting there. I'd love to see a bell curve chart on the age of parents, I bet my life on it being not nearly enough to explain the majority of that whopping more than a third of kids being born in surplus to women. Plus, the majority of Finnish children are born out of wedlock according to your stats, plenty of room for dicking down single mothers with their 3rd child from a different man while the government and Melvin pays for it. It's over for many men.

As to children being born out of wedlock, I believe that's also including long term cohabitating partners who merely haven't gotten married - getting married is not terribly popular in the Nordic countries among young people.

Of course, and the amount of kids born out of wedlock is greater than the surplus of kids born to ghost men, but this number and the fact that it's shooting up leaves plenty of wiggle room for the mystery men to be slayers blessed by their genes.

Grapasia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Grapasia » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:36 am

Crockerland wrote:there aren't many incels who have girlfriends

I'm pretty sure this is a quote from Einstein actually

The Emerald Legion
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 18, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Emerald Legion » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:36 am

Grapasia wrote:

There was an article done a bit ago on the air force doing presentations on incels to recruits. Maybe if WW3 starts there'll be intermittent camps for us and they'll either work us to death, forget to feed us when they start losing or eventually just dispose of us, who knows.

Ha! America losing. Right.
"23.The unwise man is awake all night, and ponders everything over; when morning comes he is weary in mind, and all is a burden as ever." - Havamal

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:41 am

Grapasia wrote:Absolute ropefuel

I've mostly been able to keep up with the incel terminology so far, but I'll admit that you've lost me here.
Cekoviu wrote:Sorry to hear that.

Nonchalant af and I'm not even gonna take it personally because it's that way for a reason.

Kinda feels like you're trying to force the square peg of my post into the round hole of nonchalance because you don't want to admit that foids are capable of some degree of empathy.
Cekoviu wrote:You don't have to be a menial worker just because you're not a supermodel. There are plenty of high-status people who are not particularly attractive - for example, the richest man in the world, Jeff Bezos.

Just be lucky enough to take advantage of an energing industry by developing an idea hundreds of people are developing at the same time and be lucky enough to be the one guy that gets an oligopoly or monopoly over the whole thing so you can betabuxx theory.

Obviously you're probably not going to be the next Bezos, but my point is that unattractive people are not immediately disqualified from success. It can be harder, yes, but not impossible.
If this ever happens to me, I swear on my mothers life that I'll telegram you with the QR code of a plane ticket from Sweden to my house so I can snort coke off your tits.

I'm a Pepsi girl, no can do.
Spoiler alert, there's no way this is happening, the whole concept is fucking ridiculous. Also tall men earn more on average than manlets, look it up. why hasn't the body positivity movement stood up for short men who can't change their height when it constantly stands up for the morbidly obese who spend too few minutes a day standing themselves? Short men are at least as disadvantaged as blacks in the USA, except instead of a legacy of slavery it's the nitrogen bases in our DNA.

Dear god.
Cekoviu wrote:I don't get turned on by watching men bully people, wtf. That's sociopath-tier stuff.
It's only hot when they do it to me.

More ropefuel. It is incredibly saddening to see zoomer foids constantly parrot "daddy please abuse me" stuff because you just know it's something they want to be done to them by attractive or ultra-masculine looking men. You want David Gandy to spank you, you want anyone less attractive than him that looks at you like he wants to do that to be put in a prison cell for 20 to life.I would be arrested if I tried something that is supposedly hot with any woman that has eyes and the ability to feel.

I mean... if you dishonestly rope someone into that, yes?
I'm pretty sure even Helen Keller would catch onto my manletism eventually and dial the cops on her braille-buttoned nokia. It's also incredibly trashy and skanky, but unfortunately only Chad is allowed to express desire for a woman like a wet rag and cuddle her in 2019. I have to get cancer-causing viruses through disgusting cunnilingus while she screams Chad's name, sentient realdolls can't come soon enough I swear to God.

You don't get "cancer-causing viruses" from cunnilingus, dude. I've also never denied being a skank, as you so eloquently put it.
Cekoviu wrote:I don't necessarily not want you here, but what I don't want here is incel ideology.
Maybe a therapist specializing in depression would be a good start?

"You can be subhuman around me just don't make it too obvious so it doesn't make me uncomfortable teehee"

See the peg cliché above.
Unironically, what will therapy do to make my life better?

I know it doesn't sound useful to depressed people (I took the same position when I was having issues with depression), but it does help. Or at least get some Prozac/Zoloft/whatever.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:48 am

Crockerland wrote:
Araraukar wrote:I have all the normal sexual urges, but I have toys that help deal with them

Oh my...

Just wanted to specify that my voluntary celibacy isn't based on being asexual. :P

Physical intimacy is vital for human wellbeing, and sex is an extension of physical intimacy. I'm gonna go ahead and say there aren't many incels who have girlfriends they regularly kiss, hug, and hold hands with, but just happen to be abstaining from premarital sex.

Extension of, yes. A necessity, no. And neither is kissing. Huggable pets (cats and dogs mostly) are as popular as they are, because they give a good enough facsimile to satisfy the actual psychological need for contact that humans have as a species. (Specifying it as a species-level thing, because there always are some people who don't like being touched at all.)

Teach all incels to masturbate and get them a cat or dog, and you will have solved their actual needs. The rest is all wanting something.

Cekoviu wrote:You don't get "cancer-causing viruses" from cunnilingus, dude.

Actually you can.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Crockerland
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Crockerland » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:03 am

Araraukar wrote:
Crockerland wrote:Oh my...

Just wanted to specify that my voluntary celibacy isn't based on being asexual. :P

Extension of, yes. A necessity, no. And neither is kissing. Huggable pets (cats and dogs mostly) are as popular as they are, because they give a good enough facsimile to satisfy the actual psychological need for contact that humans have as a species.

No, they don't. Stop telling people who have horrible lives that their problems aren't real just because you don't experience them.
Free Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Tibet.
Gay not Queer / Why Abortion is Genocide / End Gay Erasure
PROUD SUPPORTER OF:
National Liberalism, Nuclear & Geothermal Power, GMOs, Vaccines, Biodiesel, LGBTIA equality, Universal Healthcare, Universal Basic Income, Constitutional Carry, Emotional Support Twinks, Right to Life

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:05 am

Crockerland wrote:Stop telling people who have horrible lives that their problems aren't real just because you don't experience them.

Are you one of them? I was answering posts on this forum and making a distinction between a need and a want, nothing more, nothing less.

Shaggtopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Shaggtopia » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:07 am

Legalize and regulate sex work.
1.) It makes sex work safer for the sex worker
2.) It enables sex workers to report abuses such as human trafficking
3.) Incels can shut the hell up about nobody wanting to have sex with them.
Educate young men that they are not entitled to another persons body. Focus on self improvement, building confidence and cultivating desirable qualities. Being a nice guy doesn't entitle you to sex, and the feeling of being entitled to sex is a pretty massive turn off if you stop to think about it. I think it just really comes down to encouraging Incels to focus on personal growth. They really seem like their own problem but the really sad bit is these dudes are super vulnerable to reactionary radicalization. It's really easy for incels to feel like they aren't at fault for nobody wanting to do the do with them, it's the feminists! It's the hypersexualization of media males! It's gaslighting abusive "bad boys!" No dude, that's not your problem. The problem is you creep out women, you say and do and believe things that make them drier than death valley. But even if everything else doesn't work maybe maybe we can make them believe that having sex isn't the bar by which they should be determining their self worth! Go out and cure cancer! Invent some new awesome technology! Figure out how to clean up the oceans and empty the land fills! DO SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE THAT IMPROVES THE LIVES OF OTHERS! I promise you from somebody that spent time in your shoes that being a genuinely good and nice person is more fulfilling emotionally, spiritually and physically than sex. Seriously getting your dick wet is fun but it's highly overrated and really they hype doesn't measure up to the actual experience. Even the really kinky stuff.
From the Desk of The Speaker
Loyal Face of The Grand Nobody
John LeGrand III
Shaggtopia, Apathy

Grapasia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Grapasia » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:15 am

Araraukar wrote:
Teach all incels to masturbate and get them a cat or dog, and you will have solved their actual needs. The rest is all wanting something..

wow thanks I didn't know all I needed was JOI videos and mittens screeching at me for more kibble, all my problems are now solved thanks

Cekoviu wrote:Kinda feels like you're trying to force the square peg of my post into the round hole of nonchalance because you don't want to admit that foids are capable of some degree of empathy.

You said you were ugly in another post in this thread, please describe what the implications of that are to you.
Neither of us can empathise with Martians because I don't truly know how bad weather is on the red planet.

Cekoviu wrote:I know it doesn't sound useful to depressed people (I took the same position when I was having issues with depression), but it does help.

How though? I was talking to a guy with experience as a psychologist about CBT today, and when I asked him the same question he told me it was about altering thought patterns and ways of perceiving things around you. How are you supposed to perceive genes,bones and centimetres differently?

Cekoviu wrote: Or at least get some Prozac/Zoloft/whatever.

Please don't tell me you're on SSRIs. I spoke to another woman who I assume is close to your age (16-18?) and is on that shit, and it really upsets me to know that a pretty normally neurotic, indoorsy young woman has been put on brain-altering numbing pills so the people who manufacture and distribute them can make a quick buck. When I hear about drinking, daddy shit, their orbiters, et cetera it's trashy and I want to vomit, but when it's SSRIs I just get sad and the only people I feel revulsion towards are the dealers. I know a dude who ripped his toenail off from SSRI withdrawl, he was like 15 and did it completely nonchalantly but he ended up ok in the end, I think you'll be fine if you just stop taking them.

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:15 am

Araraukar wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:You don't get "cancer-causing viruses" from cunnilingus, dude.

Actually you can.

Oh alright, fair enough. I'd forgotten that HPV can also cause cancer.

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:19 am

Grapasia wrote:Please don't tell me you're on SSRIs. I spoke to another woman who I assume is close to your age (16-18?) and is on that shit, and it really upsets me to know that a pretty normally neurotic, indoorsy young woman has been put on brain-altering numbing pills so the people who manufacture and distribute them can make a quick buck. When I hear about drinking, daddy shit, their orbiters, et cetera it's trashy and I want to vomit, but when it's SSRIs I just get sad and the only people I feel revulsion towards are the dealers. I know a dude who ripped his toenail off from SSRI withdrawl, he was like 15 and did it completely nonchalantly but he ended up ok in the end, I think you'll be fine if you just stop taking them.

SSRI's are shit in their brain altering mechanisms.

But so is the Incel ideology you apparently have adopted. It is altering your thought patterns and world perception as bad as any of those shitty pills would.

Honest and straightforward: Drop that stuff and get it out of your system.
Last edited by Nakena on Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:22 am

Crockerland wrote:
Araraukar wrote:Just wanted to specify that my voluntary celibacy isn't based on being asexual. :P

Extension of, yes. A necessity, no. And neither is kissing. Huggable pets (cats and dogs mostly) are as popular as they are, because they give a good enough facsimile to satisfy the actual psychological need for contact that humans have as a species.

No, they don't. Stop telling people who have horrible lives that their problems aren't real just because you don't experience them.

Nah, they have horrible lives because they put themselves there. I dont have a lot of sympathy for that.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:22 am

Grapasia wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:Kinda feels like you're trying to force the square peg of my post into the round hole of nonchalance because you don't want to admit that foids are capable of some degree of empathy.

You said you were ugly in another post in this thread, please describe what the implications of that are to you.
Neither of us can empathise with Martians because I don't truly know how bad weather is on the red planet.

I didn't say I was ugly, but I did say I was somewhat below average in attractiveness. Those are extremely different.
I can't empathize with what it's like to be a lonely man, but I absolutely can empathize with the depression aspects, because I also had pretty severe depression 4 years ago.
Cekoviu wrote:I know it doesn't sound useful to depressed people (I took the same position when I was having issues with depression), but it does help.

How though? I was talking to a guy with experience as a psychologist about CBT today, and when I asked him the same question he told me it was about altering thought patterns and ways of perceiving things around you. How are you supposed to perceive genes,bones and centimetres differently?

You don't necessarily perceive them differently unless you're actually to the point where you're seeing flaws that aren't there rather than just placing extra focus on them. What you do perceive differently is your ability to succeed, and you become more balanced in your self-image so that you're also able to see good things.
Cekoviu wrote: Or at least get some Prozac/Zoloft/whatever.

Please don't tell me you're on SSRIs. I spoke to another woman who I assume is close to your age (16-18?) and is on that shit, and it really upsets me to know that a pretty normally neurotic, indoorsy young woman has been put on brain-altering numbing pills so the people who manufacture and distribute them can make a quick buck. When I hear about drinking, daddy shit, their orbiters, et cetera it's trashy and I want to vomit, but when it's SSRIs I just get sad and the only people I feel revulsion towards are the dealers. I know a dude who ripped his toenail off from SSRI withdrawl, he was like 15 and did it completely nonchalantly but he ended up ok in the end, I think you'll be fine if you just stop taking them.

I started taking them when I was suicidally depressed and they almost immediately helped, and I don't experience any negative withdrawal symptoms when I'm out and waiting for them to be filled (I'm just somewhat more easily startled and anxious, which is because of my anxiety and not the medication). You can chill.

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:24 am

Cekoviu wrote:I started taking them when I was suicidally depressed and they almost immediately helped, and I don't experience any negative withdrawal symptoms when I'm out and waiting for them to be filled (I'm just somewhat more easily startled and anxious, which is because of my anxiety and not the medication). You can chill.

Well theres certain indications where they are helpful, but they are generally overprescribed and given to patients like skittles those days.

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:24 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
Crockerland wrote:No, they don't. Stop telling people who have horrible lives that their problems aren't real just because you don't experience them.

Nah, they have horrible lives because they put themselves there. I dont have a lot of sympathy for that.

That's somewhat reductive imo. They often ended up in shitty situations beyond their control and then forced themselves further into them rather than trying to deal with them. The initial stimulus is usually not something that can be controlled for this, just the reaction.

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:25 am

Nakena wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:I started taking them when I was suicidally depressed and they almost immediately helped, and I don't experience any negative withdrawal symptoms when I'm out and waiting for them to be filled (I'm just somewhat more easily startled and anxious, which is because of my anxiety and not the medication). You can chill.

Well theres certain indications where they are helpful, but they are generally overprescribed and given to patients like skittles those days.

That may or may not be true, but they were justified for me, and I think they could possibly help Grape.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General