NATION

PASSWORD

[R] Flaming

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

[R] Flaming

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:59 pm

Pleasure wrote:
Pacomia wrote:*cough* Middle Ages Europe *cough*

was middle ages europe a developed country? correct me if i'm wrong. i don't think you can read.

Is this actionable?
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:04 pm

This "can't read" comment also appears to be somewhat baity, here:
Pleasure wrote:
La Paz de Los Ricos wrote:
Middle-ages Europe was terrible and disease-ridden BECAUSE of the mixing of waste and water! It bred cholera everywhere. Old London was an absolutely disgusting place to live because people just threw shit into the water!

you again can't read. i specifically mentioned not developing countries, only developed. middle ages europe wasn't a developed country by modern standards

This whole thread doesn't seem to be going anywhere positive.
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:04 pm

Pleasure wrote:
Heloin wrote:Letting people shit freely would actively harm society. Just because you keep saying no to everyone telling you so doesn't make you right. And I really don't know why you keep bringing up retirees.

you don't know what senior pranks are. search it up, you must not live in the u.s. i'm not talking about old people. and i'm giving logical reasons actually if you read them. maybe people just have comprehension issues like you don't know what a senior prank is.

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:06 pm

And random-letter spam:
viewtopic.php?p=35812109#p35812109
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:12 pm

Flaming addressed and topic mercy flushed.

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:14 pm

Thanks, Luna!

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:15 pm

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=466464
Pleasure duplicated the thread
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:16 pm

Thanks Luna! *leaves cookies*

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:17 pm

Double locked. Sometimes it takes more than once to get it down.

Pleasure
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Pleasure » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:30 pm

Flame/Threats: Personal attacks against other players, expressed via OOC (out-of-character) comments; insults, swearing and anything posted with intent to offend. In-character remarks can be interpreted this way as well; watch what you post if other posters are unaware you're not serious. Erudite slams while maintaining a veneer of politeness can also be considered flaming. Repeated instances of flaming directed at the same player can be considered harassment, a more serious offense.

I am sorry if a player felt personally attacked. I was just requesting them to read again something I had already mentioned in the debate, as I was overly repeating my arguments. I request to know another way of asking people to reread something I have already posted as an argument in a forum meant for debate without having to be reported. Thank You.

several people have also posted similar comments to me, the forum is yours to see for proof, or I will gladly bring proof of other people "attacking" me in a similar manner.
Last edited by Pleasure on Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pleasure
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Pleasure » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:37 pm

Luna Amore wrote:Double locked. Sometimes it takes more than once to get it down.

I just am politely wanting to understand my mistakes so it is not repeated in the future. Feces is definitely pg-13, correct me if I'm wrong. It is in fact a G topic, appearing in several Disney movies. The discussion was leading somewhere in my opinion with instances of letter spamming, in my opinion, although I may be wrong, because of a lack of a concrete counter to my arguments.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:37 pm

Pleasure wrote:Flame/Threats: Personal attacks against other players, expressed via OOC (out-of-character) comments; insults, swearing and anything posted with intent to offend. In-character remarks can be interpreted this way as well; watch what you post if other posters are unaware you're not serious. Erudite slams while maintaining a veneer of politeness can also be considered flaming. Repeated instances of flaming directed at the same player can be considered harassment, a more serious offense.

I am sorry if a player felt personally attacked. I was just requesting them to read again something I had already mentioned in the debate, as I was overly repeating my arguments. I request to know another way of asking people to reread something I have already posted as an argument in a forum meant for debate without having to be reported. Thank You.

several people have also posted similar comments to me, the forum is yours to see for proof, or I will gladly bring proof of other people "attacking" me in a similar manner.

Please, report them. I just read through the thread and didn't see anything that seemed actionable. It seemed to me to be mostly you going "It's a good idea! Freedom! Philosophical discussion!" and most everyone else going "No! Yuck! Germ, disease, infection!" But sure, post some links and we'll take a look at them. The thread remains locked.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Ganglangl
Civilian

Founded: Jun 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Ganglangl » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:16 am

I admit I had not looked at the rules carefully, unaware of flaming.

"You know what? This makes so little sense that it actually transcends space and time to take away sense from other arguments. It's like a logic vacuum. A sense black hole that sucks up reason."

This is also an insult to my knowledge by La Pas de Los Ricos.

"The conclusion doesn't follow the premise." This is flamebaiting, provoking me as an indirect insult to my knowledge (in this case linking the premise and conclusion).

"Trying to rule lawyer your way with a shitty topic (no pun intended) isn't a sound strategy to keep that topic up."
by Heloin. Just because my topic is taboo, people have said offensive comments, treating the debate like a joke. It makes me feel bad that my topic was "shitty".

"this is why god left us" is also a flame, as I am religious and althought I didn't respond, as it was irrelevant to the topic, it was flame nonetheless.

"Choosing a topic because it's "taboo" is a petter weak reason matey." That's another attack on my knowledge.

Again, if you look at most threads you would find these. Althought I was offended, I did not find a reason to report them, as they did me. The topic once again is PG-13 and was leading somewhere. If you want, I can explain why your comment that "you going "It's a good idea! Freedom! Philosophical discussion!" and most everyone else going "No! Yuck! Germ, disease, infection!" is not actually a full representation of the debate, I hope I did not offend you by that, but as an OP fully immersed in it, my belief was that it was being debated like it should have, without the flaming, which I agains admit is a fault of mine. The discussion was closed however for

" If it were just once, that'd be one thing, but to consistently insult other poster's intelligence gets you a *** Warning for flaming ***.

Considering the quality of this topic, I'm gonna go ahead and flush it."

by Luna Amore, the flaming was not the reason of closure, the "quality of the [PG-13] topic" was, which was unjust. I believe that that judgement was more of an opinion, that is only my belief, I am sorry if I am wrong.

Discussion should not be locked for the sake of it.
Thank You

PS. Is removing a nation for flaming actionable?

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:19 am

We're not going to reopen the scat threads.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:21 am

USS Monitor wrote:We're not going to reopen the scat threads.

And anyway, he's a returnee DOS.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Qwertyuioplkjhgfd
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Qwertyuioplkjhgfd » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:24 am

where is removing nations a rule? also on what rule is that judgement based "not reopening the scat threads"

Qwertyuioplkjhgfd
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Qwertyuioplkjhgfd » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:24 am

it's very easy to make a new account, in case you didn't realize

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:28 am

We're not reopening the scat threads. You are not allowed to post new ones. Don't spam Moderation about it.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation