NATION

PASSWORD

GAMA: Redux [OOC] [SEMI-CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Minroz
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Minroz » Mon May 13, 2019 7:06 am

Tag for interests...

If I'm able to join in, I'm thinking whether I should play as Chinese, spiritual Thai who enjoys battle, Malaysian or Turkish. Whether one or more than one charas.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Mon May 20, 2019 11:44 am

If we're all ready, I'll get up another post soon.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Vacif
Senator

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Mon May 20, 2019 10:55 pm

No resistance from me.
Looking for help on Pub-lishing your RP? Come check us out!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Nation name pronounced Vuh-sea-f, sometimes shortened to Vac, or 'Cif.

Sraelyn
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby Sraelyn » Tue May 21, 2019 10:42 am

Sounds good to me
That God's name is Abraxas

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Wed May 22, 2019 7:38 pm

Alright I'll get caught up and make a post. Fair warning, this whole past week has been spent getting shit together to fix my car so I've been trying to work through all that shit. Spoiler alert: Car still isn't fix but it's driveable now.
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Forest State
Senator

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Wed May 22, 2019 7:42 pm

I seem to have missed the most recent burst of posts so I'll wait for whatever the next set of orders is and reply.
don't tread on me

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Wed May 22, 2019 7:43 pm

Forest State wrote:I seem to have missed the most recent burst of posts so I'll wait for whatever the next set of orders is and reply.

It would be better to keep up than wait.

Achievement

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Wed May 22, 2019 7:46 pm

Monfrox wrote:
Forest State wrote:I seem to have missed the most recent burst of posts so I'll wait for whatever the next set of orders is and reply.

It would be better to keep up than wait.

I'll see what I can do tonight/tomorrow in that case.
don't tread on me

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sat May 25, 2019 2:11 pm

I want to apologize because it’s been a long week for me and I promised a post, so I’ll be working on one as soon as I get home from work tonight.

Achievement

Kilel
Envoy

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kilel » Fri May 31, 2019 9:42 pm

Good evening fellow dweebs. I come bringing a different sort of pilot. I have already talked it over with the GM's.
I stole the format for my app from someone else. idr who and I cba to look.
Nice.

Nationstates Name: Kilel

Character Name: Felix Wright (Image was the best thing I could get)
Character Age: 16
Physical Description:
Felix is a rather skinny and small child, a result of poor nutrition and even poorer routine. His blond hairy is dirtied and greasy, his face is typically covered in some small amount of mud or oil, depending on what he was doing that day, and his clothes are disheveled. He wears a tattered green windbreaker that has seen more than its fair share of scraps, a pair of jeans with more than a few holes and tears, and a nondescript pair of work boots a size too big for him. He barely stands 5’6” and that’s with the boots on.. His poor diet, resultant of his growing up in this half-destroyed world, has left him without much energy to emote properly, and he does so rarely for this reason. This leaves him looking perpetually bored, though one should not be so easily fooled. He typically emotes most when working in the garage.

Character Nationality: American

Character Short Bio: Felix was born several months after the world turned upside down and inside out, his parents having barely escaped the carnage in Baltimore, Maryland with their lives and his. His parents had holed up in a service garage in the Gypsum Hills of Kansas, fortified by a Prepper for years just in case something happened. Unfortunately, after a short period, his father never returned from a supply run and his mother died in childbirth due to the stress shortly after. The mechanic, crazy though he may have been, was still a compassionate man. And so, he named the child, orphaned at birth, after his late father; Felix. Felix ultimately grew up in the garage with the mechanic, Isaiah as his father-figure, and a few other survivors who happened to make their way to the place after everything went haywire.

Growing up under Isaiah’s wing, Felix learned the ins and outs of vehicle maintenance, but his mind craved more of a challenge. Making use of what little internet access still remained after the EMP attacks, to research… other avenues of engineering. What little information he was able to find from servers that still survived flowed into him like a raging river into an empty lake. Programming languages, mechanical and electrical engineering, blueprints and designs for all sorts of robotics, vehicles, etc. All of these things were as water to a sponge for him. He soaked up every bit of information he could, until he could find nothing more. Much of the internet had died when the EMP attacks fried servers world-wide, so information was, sadly, limited to him, and becoming more scarce as time dragged on..

What Felix had learned, however, helped him to design and build and refine and improve all manner of weapons, defensive measures and vehicles, allowing the small holdout to flourish into a small haven for the battered remains of mankind…. Or at least for those who were able to find it. The people who inhabit this small settlement, the Junkyard, call themselves VB’s. VagaBonds. And every now and then, crews can be seen heading out into the wilds in heavy duty tow trucks, collecting bits and pieces for Felix’s greatest project.

Finally, early in the year 2047, Felix’s dream was realized. See… one day while on a supply run, he had seen something in the distance. He couldn’t quite make it out, but it resembled a giant robot to him. As such, he, with Isaiah’s permission, had salvage crew collect parts of old vehicles, machinery, what he could only imagine were “Mecha parts” and whatever else they could find. Eventually they had gathered enough supplies and weapons that Felix was able to build, to completion, a mech of his own through some creative use of machinery that had made its way into the Junkyard. Dubbed the “Junkyard Dog,” this machine was fitted with what few useful components the salvage crews were able to find in the wastes.

Together with the Junkyard Dog, Felix operates as the chief defender of the VB Settlement, usually from atop one of the nearby hills. Though he may yet have a higher calling than even that.

Felix has a very bright, albeit slightly dimmed, personality. His spirits are high, but he is so poorly nourished, due to the nature of the food even available to him since his birth, that he is unable to properly exhibit that personality. Virtually unconcerned with what happened to his biological parents, Felix’s outlook on life is fairly optimistic, despite the attitudes of some of his fellow VagaBonds. He always has jokes to crack with a half-assed smile, and a healthy attitude towards other people… when he knows he can trust them, anyway. He is prone to dozing off whenever he doesn’t have a task to keep his mind occupied, however.

Felix’s Mech, the JD-1X Junkyard Dog, is a Modern Marvel of Engineering literal Frankenstein machine, patched together from pieces of other MACE’s that have been lost (fully or partially) in the field, welded together with chunks ripped off of vehicles and broken down machinery found by the salvage crews. It’s held together with duct tape operated by a system of hydraulic pumps that are linked to the cockpit so that pilot input can ultimately manipulate the machine. This has been known to fail, but failure is usually attributed to worn out parts rather than design flaw.

The cockpit is supported by a number of cameras mounted on the exterior of the JD-1X Chassis, and is linked to screens within the cockpit to provide the pilot with a visual link to the outside world. These cameras only support the forward 180 Degrees of view, with a single, smaller screen within the cockpit being dedicated to a rear camera, much like a rear view mirror.

Due to its design nature, the JD-1X is unable to move quickly. It can slowly march forward and backwards, and it can slowly turn. Its survival relies on early detection, poor adversarial equipment, or the complete lack thereof, and careful spacing mixed with the crowd-controlling power of the machine’s 20mm Chaingun and 80mm Mortar.

RP Sample: I, unfortunately, have nothing that I deem suitable to provide at present.
    Theme Song:
    Basic: Lament Over the Howling Age
    Garage Work: The Perfect Rose
    Combat: Demolition
    Desperate Situation:Vulture
    Overcoming the Odds:Stain

MACE Model Name: Junkyard Dog JD-1X

MACE Nickname/Reporting Name: Jay-Dee
    Height: 6 meters / 19.7 Feet
    Weight(approx.): 18 tons
    Equipment:
    • Hydraulic-Operated Joint System
    • Multi-Directional Camera System
    • Rudimentary Cockpit with Screens linked to MDCS
    • A Single Free Hand
    • 1x handheld VHF Radio
    • 1x CD Player with headphones (For when Felix gets bored)
    • 1x Upside-Down Desk Fan
    Weaponry:
    • 1x 20mm Chaingun (Typically)
    • 1x 30mm Chaingun (Loadout Swap at Base)
    • 1x Shoulder-Mounted 80mm Fragmentation Mortar
    Defensive measures:
      As the Junkyard Dog was not designed for sustained combat with enemy combatants of equal or greater technological capacity, its defensive measures consist simply of a rudimentary ejection system for the pilot and thick armor plating. It can take a hit, but not many. As such, Felix should avoid engaging with hostile factions capable of heavily damaging MACE’s whenever possible.

Design Philosophy:

The Junkyard Dog was designed with two objectives in mind.
      1: Long range suppression of infected hordes making their way to the junkyard from an elevated vantage point.
      2: Guaranteed survival of the pilot based on strong protective construction surrounding the cockpit in the event of being overwhelmed by infected. While this would almost certainly immobilize the Junkyard Dog and render it combat ineffective, the pilot would at least survive until help could arrive. Or until the Infected gave up and moved on.

While this may not exactly hold up in MACE-on-MACE combat, it functions well enough when engaging hordes of infected.
    Last edited by Kilel on Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
    I don't even play this game anymore lol

Monfrox
    Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:20 am

When my soul returns, along with my co-op, we'll look over this together.

For now, we're still going so y'all gotta get posting.

Achievement

Vacif
    Senator

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
    Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:03 am

So I been rereading the IC, and I seem to have confused myself. Is Bravo Mendoza, Gray and Kenora , and Alpha Durant, Corvin and Klemetti? We have like 16 people, but I've only seen a few names mentioned. Where exactly are people on map? Who's north and south of the Missouri? What path is the convoy taking?
    Looking for help on Pub-lishing your RP? Come check us out!
    Member of Task Force Atlas
    Nation name pronounced Vuh-sea-f, sometimes shortened to Vac, or 'Cif.

Kilel
    Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Kilel » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:25 pm

Oh-ho, by the way. For anyone acknowledging the rather convenient placement of my little Felix's home in Kansas, being rather close to the crews current AO...

Totally coincidental. I actually wrote this app up before the briefing even happened lol

Monfrox
    Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:44 pm

Vacif wrote:So I been rereading the IC, and I seem to have confused myself. Is Bravo Mendoza, Gray and Kenora , and Alpha Durant, Corvin and Klemetti? We have like 16 people, but I've only seen a few names mentioned. Where exactly are people on map? Who's north and south of the Missouri? What path is the convoy taking?

The convoy is taking the highway in, specifically I-29. Being the city as it is, there are a lot of places for ambush.

I'll be going through the roster in some time to figure out who hasn't posted yet, but I'm generally keeping this a moderately paced RP

Achievement

Forest State
    Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:16 am

Monfrox wrote:
    Vacif wrote:So I been rereading the IC, and I seem to have confused myself. Is Bravo Mendoza, Gray and Kenora , and Alpha Durant, Corvin and Klemetti? We have like 16 people, but I've only seen a few names mentioned. Where exactly are people on map? Who's north and south of the Missouri? What path is the convoy taking?

The convoy is taking the highway in, specifically I-29. Being the city as it is, there are a lot of places for ambush.

I'll be going through the roster in some time to figure out who hasn't posted yet, but I'm generally keeping this a moderately paced RP

Speaking of pacing I think I've gotta drop out officially, got more behind than I thought and, while this isn't a criticism of the RP but just my own circumstances, it's a bit harder to keep track of without Discord as everything else I'm in uses that and I generally plan posts on there.
    don't tread on me

Kassaran
    Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 16, 2013
    Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:56 am

I mean, generally that's the purpose of the OOC, but it's still a shame to see you go.
    Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
    Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

"Put that down, Mr. Eric." He said. "She's obviously not a chicken."
    The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
    The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.
    that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.

Monfrox
    Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:31 pm

I tried to not make a discord because I wanted to avoid people talking and not playing as I've seen so often.

Anyway, I'll have your character transferred out. If you come back, they'll be here.

Kilel, I can't find anything wrong about the app so unless my co-op says otherwise you're accepted.

Achievement

Kilel
    Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Kilel » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:28 pm

Monfrox wrote:I tried to not make a discord because I wanted to avoid people talking and not playing as I've seen so often.

Anyway, I'll have your character transferred out. If you come back, they'll be here.

Kilel, I can't find anything wrong about the app so unless my co-op says otherwise you're accepted.

Yeet, let's-a gooo.

Now the question becomes, how will the crew come across my boys in bumfuck nowhere :eyebrow:

Towers
    Diplomat

Founded: May 05, 2012
    Ex-Nation

Postby Towers » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:33 pm

Genuinely very sorry for how late this is folks, I've been ill and travelling but that's no excuse the radio silence. Sorry again.
    Every day until you like it.

Fear our mighty Tower-based society!

Monfrox
    Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:29 am

Kilel wrote:
    Monfrox wrote:I tried to not make a discord because I wanted to avoid people talking and not playing as I've seen so often.

Yeet, let's-a gooo.

Now the question becomes, how will the crew come across my boys in bumfuck nowhere :eyebrow:

Well, sound carries rather far for high-caliber weapons. That could be reason to investigate.

Also, I am fine with the slow pace we're going at but communication is key.

Achievement

The Great Swedish Empire
    Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 05, 2019
    Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Swedish Empire » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:20 am

Ooooh. This look really interesting. Don't mind a tag. I kinda want to do a Nordic themed mech.
    Stuff. Just stuff.

The Great Swedish Empire
    Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Swedish Empire » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:52 am

What age should our characters be?
    Stuff. Just stuff.

Kilel
    Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Kilel » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:55 pm

Monfrox wrote:
    Kilel wrote:Yeet, let's-a gooo.

Well, sound carries rather far for high-caliber weapons. That could be reason to investigate.

Also, I am fine with the slow pace we're going at but communication is key.

Well, that would be a good idea, but Sioux City is rather far from Gypsum Hills...
    Unless Felix and the boiz happened to be out hauling the Junkyard Dog on some sort of clearing run in an effort to scavenge what's left of the city. :eyebrow: Thankfully flatbed trucks can haul things heavier than the Junkyard Dog. However, I don't know if that idea really makes sense. That would probably be the fastest way of getting Felix into the thick of things, but I would prefer cohesion over convenience. What about say... The thing they've got going ends and their transport flies over Gypsum Hills while the VagaBonds are fighting off a horde and they detect the action somehow? idunno. And then they send a liaison to check things out the next day or something?

https://youtu.be/hopeFgwApCM?t=145
    Last edited by Kilel on Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Monfrox
    Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:57 am

Post coming up before the weekend is done. Also gonna make rounds on whoever still hasn't posted and notified me.

Achievement

The Great Swedish Empire
    Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Swedish Empire » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:00 am

The Great Swedish Empire wrote:What age should our characters be?
    Stuff. Just stuff.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse