NATION

PASSWORD

[APPEAL] Locking of Washington RP Threads

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

[APPEAL] Locking of Washington RP Threads

Postby Prolieum » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:08 pm

Good evening,

As the OP of the Washington RP, I am appealing the locking of several of the roleplay's threads, found here.

In brief, the Washington RP has, due to both its size, and the nature of the roleplay, operated with several threads in addition to the standard IC and OOC threads, specifically, a Special Events thread, a Congress thread, and a White House thread. The roleplay will, as of July 3rd, have been in operation for three years, a time period in which the number of threads in operation did not appear to be considered an issue, and the roleplay progressed without incident. In both the One Stop Rules Shop, and the Welcome to P2TM threads, no mention is made on a limit on the number of threads a P2TM roleplay may have. The closest mention appears to be a reference that additional threads for character applications are not necessary, and we have not operated such a thread, having not continued to update our Archive.

I do not believe the threads that we currently operate to be superfluous, or spam, which appear to be the primary concern at hand. Two of our threads, Congress and Special Events, have been in operation for three years. The third, the White House thread, has operated for two. None were created spuriously, and all three have been active and highly useful to the roleplay, with both Special Events and Congress exceeding three hundred pages of activity, and the White House exceeding eighty. Any of the threads, independently, would seem to to exceed the totality of the average roleplay. I would make the case that, from both activity and longevity, they should not be considered spam. We have done our best through our run to comply fully with all NS rules, and hope to continue to do so.

I am aware that, at present, a discussion is ongoing on the topic. We will, of course, abide by whatever ruling is ultimately made on the subject, but I would request that, given the circumstances, that we be allowed to continue with the Washington RP as we have in previous years, and that, if possible, the threads be unlocked until a formal conclusion on policy is reached.

Thank for your time.

-Prolieum
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lamoni » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:26 pm

Appeal denied. The Washington RP threads exceeded the limit on the number of threads per RP in P2TM as they currently stand, giving moderation full authority to lock the excess threads. This might or might not change in the future, when the rules on P2TM are clarified, but the ruling stands until then.
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:31 pm

If that is the case, could I please be directed to the noted rules regarding the number of threads?
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Nov 12, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:43 pm

After a bit of discussion behind the scenes, given the policy is currently under discussion and arises from this ruling, though my colleague has denied, I'm over-turning my own ruling regarding their locking.

Please note: this may change, depending on circumstances of our ongoing discussion.
[KYRU]
old. roleplayer. the goat your parents warned you about.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:49 pm

Kyrusia wrote:After a bit of discussion behind the scenes, given the policy is currently under discussion and arises from this ruling, though my colleague has denied, I'm over-turning my own ruling regarding their locking.

Please note: this may change, depending on circumstances of our ongoing discussion.

An honest thank you. If there are any changes to the rule in the future, or anything that I or we can do to better comply, I will be happy to do whatever we can.

Thank you, again.
Male.

Return to Moderation