NATION

PASSWORD

Right Wing Discussion Thread XV: A New Hoppe

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

To what ethical philosophy do you subscribe?

Ethical Egoism
11%
Act Utilitarianism
6%
Rule Utilitarianism
6%
Kantian Ethics
5%
Virtue Ethics
17%
Nihilism/YOLO
16%
Radical Subjectivism
2%
Cultural Relativism
3%
Divine Command Theory
16%
Natural Law Theory
18%

Total votes : 112

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:48 am

Yusseria wrote:
Greater Westralia wrote:For me it was quite the opposite actually. Rome is overhyped and overcrowded.

Greece however... ahh, now that's civilisation.

Spoken like someone who's never visited Palatine Hill.

It is in really bad shape and much of it you cannot access.
Rome is not that glorious anymore after a very long time of mismanagement and neglect.
Last edited by Novus America on Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Greater Westralia
Envoy

Founded: Nov 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Westralia » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:51 am

Novus America wrote:It is in really bad shape and much of it you cannot access.
Rome is not the glorious anymore after a very long time of mismanagement and neglect.

Athens is without question the superior Classical city.

The city and the sights are beautiful and steeped with history, and Greek cuisine beats Italian any day of the week. Not to forget that it's only a bus tour away from Olympus and Thermopylae, to mention two examples.
Unapologetic WA Supremacist

We did it once, we'll do it again!

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:29 am

Greater Westralia wrote:
Novus America wrote:It is in really bad shape and much of it you cannot access.
Rome is not the glorious anymore after a very long time of mismanagement and neglect.

Athens is without question the superior Classical city.

The city and the sights are beautiful and steeped with history, and Greek cuisine beats Italian any day of the week. Not to forget that it's only a bus tour away from Olympus and Thermopylae, to mention two examples.

I have never been to Athens. I did go to Crete but much of the main city was pretty run down too. Greece has been through some pretty rough times and horrible governance as well.

Neither country has properly maintained most of its classical sites unfortunately and both countries are very mismanaged.
Last edited by Novus America on Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Totally Not OEP
Minister

Founded: Mar 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Totally Not OEP » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:23 am

Novus America wrote:
Yusseria wrote:Spoken like someone who's never visited Palatine Hill.

Rome is not that glorious anymore after a very long time of mismanagement and neglect.

A metaphor for the West at large.
We shoot .223's
We'll take your life
We out with the gang
You know we gon' slide

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:31 am

Totally Not OEP wrote:
Novus America wrote:

That'll happen when the right wing comes a-knockin.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Totally Not OEP
Minister

Founded: Mar 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Totally Not OEP » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:36 am

Valrifell wrote:
Totally Not OEP wrote:

Vengeance comes with blades of steel covered in the blood of the enemies.
We shoot .223's
We'll take your life
We out with the gang
You know we gon' slide

The Supreme Magnificent High Swaglord
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Supreme Magnificent High Swaglord » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:42 am

Totally Not OEP wrote:
Valrifell wrote:

Oh dear, I believe that I cut myself by mistake on all of that edge. :p
< THE HIGH SWAGLORD | 8VALUES | POLITISCALES >
My NS stats are not indicative of my OOC views. NS stats are meant to be rather silly. My OOC political and ideological inspirations are as such:
The Republic, by Plato | Leviathan, by Thomas Hobbes | The Confucian civil service system of imperial China | The "Golden Liberty" elective
monarchy system of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth | The corporatist/technocratic philosophy of Henri de Saint-Simon | The communitarian
ideological framework of the Singaporean People's Action Party | "New Deal"-style societal regimentation | Kantian/Mohist/Stoic philosophy

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:45 am

The Supreme Magnificent High Swaglord wrote:
Totally Not OEP wrote:

Oh dear, I believe that I cut myself by mistake on all of that edge. :p

That means the fash is winning!
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

The Feylands
Envoy

Founded: Jul 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Feylands » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:49 am

Benuty wrote:So this woman made an opinion piece so stupid I simply had to make a thread on it.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/20 ... 36076.html

by Clémence Michallon

Seriously. You see this and the first thing you react to is the fact that she's a woman? She's a goddamn FRENCH woman. :o :roll: What did you expect? :p

The French have since long had hubris. They wanna stay relevant and pretend they're still a global power. Which they thankfully, are not. :)

Last edited by The Feylands on Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:50 am, edited 3 times in total.

Hey there u! I'm Fey - the Celestial Fairy Princess! "Mᴀᴋɪɴɢ NS ᴄᴏsɪᴇʀ sɪɴᴄᴇ 2017!"® (◕‿◕)
, Vegetarian, Crazy Cat Lady, Dharmic Pagan, Metal, Fantasy, Elf/Fairy, Chinaboo, Yogi etc.
How can I be so cuddly and huggable? ♥♥♥ Because I exist to ease the suffering of this world! (⌒▽⌒) #TheBuddhaRocks
Little secret: I have a superpower called "ADHD". (^̮^)
♥Her Radiance's Celestial Thought♥
Neat: Essentialism, Monarchy, Difference Feminism, Animal rights, Green Conservatism, 中国, Beauty, Dignity of all life
ಠ~ಠ: Passive aggressive dorks, Abrahamic/Antropocentric world-view(s), the EU, celebrating ugliness..
I support Israel and everyone who suffer needlessly because of their own compassion.♥ (ಥ﹏ಥ)

The Feylands
Envoy

Founded: Jul 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Feylands » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:15 am

Just read a bunch of stories about the founder of the "Silk road" black cybermarket... who is currently serving a life sentence.

https://www.wired.com/2015/02/read-transcript-silk-roads-boss-ordering-5-assassinations/

https://www.thewhig.com/2013/10/06/in-my-mind-he-also-murdered-my-son/wcm/c70c0f87-e45f-80f1-3c0b-aaacc23ae53c

In my eyes, FriendlyChemist is a liability and I wouldn't mind if he was executed, but then you'd be out your $700k. I don't think he is going to come up with the money because he seems very desperate. I'm not sure how much you already know about the guy, but I have the following info and am waiting on getting his address: [bunch of doxx]

The drugs that killed Edwards — cocaine, heroin, ecstasy and the hallucinogen DMT — were bought from Silk Road, a website that operates in a shadowy area of the Internet that thrives on anonymity.

Federal Bureau of Investigation officers in San Francisco Tuesday arrested Ross William Ulbricht, 29, known as “Dread Pirate Roberts,” who allegedly runs Silk Road.

Federal prosecutors in New York charged Ulbricht with one count each of narcotics trafficking conspiracy, computer hacking conspiracy and money laundering conspiracy.

Ulbricht is accused of trying to hire a hitman to kill someone who was threatening to expose the identities of thousands of users of the website.

For Smith, the arrest was a personal victory.

“In my mind, he also murdered my son,” she said.

Edwards had been diagnosed with a series of mental illnesses, including psychosis, bipolar, social anxiety and personality disorders, ADD and Asperger’s syndrome.

Eight years of living with a changing mental illness diagnosis and treatment, left Edwards depressed.

He became a shut in and turned to an underground area of the Internet known as the Dark Web or Deep Web to buy illegal drugs.

Okay.. now I feel like I sympathize with having capital punishment for drug trafficking. What a **** psychopath, that dude. >:(

I mean I'm still kinda impressed by the heavy handed way American justice handed the guy but it feels like no one in the west actually seriously wants to take a firm stance to get rid of this... like they do in China and in Singapore, for instance. :(

In this instance, just like on the issue of religious cults, it really feels like China cares more about the most vulnerable in society that most western countries following the stupid ideology of all people being "rational individuals", ever do. >:( :(

Hey there u! I'm Fey - the Celestial Fairy Princess! "Mᴀᴋɪɴɢ NS ᴄᴏsɪᴇʀ sɪɴᴄᴇ 2017!"® (◕‿◕)
, Vegetarian, Crazy Cat Lady, Dharmic Pagan, Metal, Fantasy, Elf/Fairy, Chinaboo, Yogi etc.
How can I be so cuddly and huggable? ♥♥♥ Because I exist to ease the suffering of this world! (⌒▽⌒) #TheBuddhaRocks
Little secret: I have a superpower called "ADHD". (^̮^)
♥Her Radiance's Celestial Thought♥
Neat: Essentialism, Monarchy, Difference Feminism, Animal rights, Green Conservatism, 中国, Beauty, Dignity of all life
ಠ~ಠ: Passive aggressive dorks, Abrahamic/Antropocentric world-view(s), the EU, celebrating ugliness..
I support Israel and everyone who suffer needlessly because of their own compassion.♥ (ಥ﹏ಥ)

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:26 am

Germanic Templars wrote:For those wondering, new imperial era will start on May 1st and will be called the Reiwa (令和) era.
https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-asia-47769566

Reiwa 令和
Reiwa 令和

Nation name in proper language: 花降岳|पुष्पद्वीप
Theravada Buddhist
李贽 wrote:There is nothing difficult about becoming a sage, and nothing false about transcending the world of appearances.
Suriyanakhon's alt, finally found my old account's password

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:55 am

Hanafuridake wrote:
Germanic Templars wrote:For those wondering, new imperial era will start on May 1st and will be called the Reiwa (令和) era.
https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-asia-47769566

Reiwa 令和
Reiwa 令和

Did I goof on the kanji? :unsure:

• INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

I support Capitalism do you? If so, put this in your sig.

XY = Male, XX = Female

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:59 am

Germanic Templars wrote:
Hanafuridake wrote:
Reiwa 令和
Reiwa 令和

No, she sometimes goes by Rei.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:24 am

Novus America wrote:
Germanic Templars wrote:

Different character but it's a homonym with my RL name.

But that's not going to stop my ego. :p
Theravada Buddhist
李贽 wrote:There is nothing difficult about becoming a sage, and nothing false about transcending the world of appearances.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:28 am

Hanafuridake wrote:
Novus America wrote:

All Hail Empress Hana?

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:39 am

Genivaria wrote:
Hanafuridake wrote:

All Hail Empress Hana?

Seriously though, if the Japanese Emperor is supposedly descended from the Sun Goddess, excluding women makes zero sense.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:48 am

Novus America wrote:
Genivaria wrote:All Hail Empress Hana?

Seriously though, if the Japanese Emperor is supposedly descended from the Sun Goddess, excluding women makes zero sense.

It's also killing the House of Yamato. Since the New Constitution became a thing the Imperial Family have gone from 12 branches to 1 and women are being excluded upon their marriage on a regular basis. With 3 females and 1 male in the next generation there's going to be a time where HIH Prince Hisahito will be the last member to be legally allowed to propagate the House. Shit started with Meiji really, what with the Salic Law thing in a country where most newborns are female and excluding concubines.
Last edited by Austria-Bohemia-Hungary on Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:53 am

Genivaria wrote:
Hanafuridake wrote:

All Hail Empress Hana?

Chronicles of RWDT wrote:Because her conduct was virtuous and her spirit empty, 白髪天皇's reign penetrated through the four directions and subdued the barbarians from other lands.

Novus America wrote:

Because the imperial line is patrilineal, being traced back to Emperor Jimmu, and through him, Ninigi-no-Mikoto.

Bear in mind, back when women became emperors, there were less strict views about incest, and a lot of the wives of emperors were their half-sisters, aunts, or nieces. No one wants to bring that back, therefore it's best that the succession remains male.
Last edited by Hanafuridake on Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Theravada Buddhist

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:58 am

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:
Novus America wrote:

It's also killing the House of Yamato. Since the New Constitution became a thing the Imperial Family have gone from 12 branches to 1 and women are being excluded upon their marriage on a regular basis. With 3 females and 1 male in the next generation there's going to be a time where HIH Prince Hisahito will be the last member to be legally allowed to propagate the House. Shit started with Meiji really, what with the Salic Law thing in a country where most newborns are female and excluding concubines.

The simplest and most traditional solution is to restore the imperial cadet branches which would mean that the pool of candidates would be considerably expanded. The problem isn't the Meiji Period, it's the fact that the constitution whittled the imperial household down into a nuclear family which made succession unsustainable. Perhaps an intentional act.
Theravada Buddhist

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:09 am

Hanafuridake wrote:

Chronicles of RWDT wrote:Because her conduct was virtuous and her spirit empty, 白髪天皇's reign penetrated through the four directions and subdued the barbarians from other lands.

Novus America wrote:

Because the imperial line is patrilineal, being traced back to Emperor Jimmu, and through him, Ninigi-no-Mikoto.

Bear in mind, back when women became emperors, there were less strict views about incest, and a lot of the wives of emperors were their half-sisters, aunts, or nieces. No one wants to bring that back, therefore it's best that the succession remains male.

This is a total non sequitur. Having a woman on the throne does in no way mean they would start banging their brothers or something. It does not have to be patrilineal, and if it stays so there may be no Japanese imperial family left.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:30 am

Novus America wrote:
Hanafuridake wrote:

This is a total non sequitur. Having a woman on the throne does in no way mean they would start banging their brothers or something. It does not have to be patrilineal, and if it stays so there may be no Japanese imperial family left.

It does because the imperial throne cannot pass to a child who is not a member of the male line, this has been an enshrined commandment for 2000 years of the imperial household's history, and while you might not care, those of us who actually care about the monarchy do. The same law that would need to be changed to allow female inheritors of the throne would just as easily be changed to reinstate former members of the imperial household, and I've already explained why that is more viable.
Theravada Buddhist

Fahran
Forum Moderator

Founded: Nov 13, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Fahran » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:42 am

Novus America wrote:Entering with good intentions does not mean no casualties will occur, and the occurrence of casualties does not mean intentions are bad.

Essentially, this.

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:48 am

If you could go back in time and live in any country as a member of any social class, which would you pick?
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

El-Amin Caliphate
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby El-Amin Caliphate » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:50 am

Bear Stearns wrote:If you could go back in time and live in any country as a member of any social class, which would you pick?

Khilaafatur-Raashidah
Kubumba Tribe's sister nation. NOT A PUPPET! >w< In fact, this one came 1st.
Proud Full Member of the Council of Islamic Cooperation!^u^
I'm a (Pan) Islamist ;)
CLICK THIS
https://americanvision.org/948/theonomy-vs-theocracy/ wrote:God’s law cannot govern a nation where God’s law does not rule in the hearts of the people

Democracy and Freedom Index
Plaetopia wrote:Partly Free / Hybrid regime (score 4-6) El-Amin Caliphate (5.33)

The Galactic Liberal Democracy
Minister

Founded: Jun 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:53 am

Bear Stearns wrote:If you could go back in time and live in any country as a member of any social class, which would you pick?

Multi billionaire overlord of Antarctica who has generously paid employees.
NOT STORMTROOPERS
Cossack Khanate wrote:This shall forever be known as World War Sh*t: Newark Aggression. Now if I see one more troop deployed, I will call on the force of all the Hindu gods to reverse time and wipe your race of the face of the planet. Cease.

The Black Party wrote:(TBP kamikaze's into all 99999999999 nukes before they hit our territory because we just have that many pilots ready to die for dah blak regime, we also counter-attack into your nation with our entire population of 45 million because this RP allows it.)

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Galatic Liberal Democracy short-circuits all of NS with FACTS and LOGIC

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General