NATION

PASSWORD

2019-2020 US Elections Megathread I- It Begins

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Which Candidate do you support?

Bernie
102
33%
Beto
3
1%
Biden
15
5%
Buttigieg
27
9%
Harris
4
1%
Warren
17
6%
Yang
24
8%
Trump
88
29%
Weld
3
1%
Other
25
8%
 
Total votes : 308

User avatar
Mystic Warriors
Minister
 
Posts: 3180
Founded: May 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mystic Warriors » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:42 pm

Hediacrana wrote:
Mystic Warriors wrote:

Twisting everything I post won't won you any points. I put nothing on her.

Then why on Earth did you talk about her age and her being 'easily creeped out'?



Because she is 13 and 13 year olds are easily creep out. :eyebrow:

No blame, just a statement of fact.
Last edited by Mystic Warriors on Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Trump Hater. Ban Fascism in all its forms. Disagreeing with a comment because you hate who said it is childish.

User avatar
Ngelmish
Minister
 
Posts: 3159
Founded: Dec 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ngelmish » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:42 pm

Mystic Warriors wrote:
Hediacrana wrote:
She was obviously creeped out by the interaction with Biden - and you admitted so much. In your post, you put the responsibility for that on her. Does that really seem fair to you?



Twisting everything I post won't won you any points. I put nothing on her.


I mean, you did write this

Mystic Warriors wrote:
Hediacrana wrote:
It's real enough. Check Blargoblarg's video link above. You can see the entire creepy scene in it.



You mean him whispering something to her? She 13 and easily creeped out.


And the bolded is, at best, dismissive of the girl's reaction. Calling it victim blaming is not really a stretch, especially considering your first stated opinion on the subject.

Mystic Warriors wrote:
Hediacrana wrote:So Joe Biden is under scrutiny for his documented history of inappropriately touching women.

That's bound to not be great for his chances in the Democratic primaries, if he still chooses to run.



I dont care about this political assassination attempt.


The generous interpretation of this is not that you dismiss the feelings and reactions of women who feel that Biden has inappropriately touched them, but that you question the good faith of third parties arguing that it reflects badly on him. Of course, you didn't go on to make that argument, you went on to handwave a different particular incident

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar
 
Posts: 48138
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:51 pm

Thank god we're finally getting to the important issues like parsing out the emotional state of a five second interaction with a single kid and exactly where one poster stands on it.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

User avatar
Hediacrana
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1225
Founded: Nov 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hediacrana » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:58 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:Thank god we're finally getting to the important issues like parsing out the emotional state of a five second interaction with a single kid and exactly where one poster stands on it.

As I've said from the start of this conversation, the problem is Biden's well-documented long-standing habit of touching women (many women) inappropriately - not just this particular case. But this is the case that Mystic Warriors chose to set their teeth in and make exonerating, though ill-substantiated statements about, so that's what we are discussing now.
'If you're not anti-war, then you're not fiscally conservative, and you're certainly not pro-life.'
Parent, spouse, leftist Christian and suspected witch.
She/her.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar
 
Posts: 48138
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:01 pm

Hediacrana wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:Thank god we're finally getting to the important issues like parsing out the emotional state of a five second interaction with a single kid and exactly where one poster stands on it.

As I've said from the start of this conversation, the problem is Biden's well-documented long-standing habit of touching women (many women) inappropriately - not just this particular case. But this is the case that Mystic Warriors chose to set their teeth in and make exonerating, though ill-substantiated statements about, so that's what we are discussing now.

It's not my fault I'm belaboring this single issue!
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

User avatar
United Dependencies
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13677
Founded: Oct 22, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby United Dependencies » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:07 pm

Man fuck the 2020 presidential election. We should be shortening the presidential campaign season. Let the government govern for a moment.
Alien Space Bats wrote:2012: The Year We Lost Contact (with Reality).

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Obamacult wrote:Maybe there is an economically sound and rational reason why there are no longer high paying jobs for qualified accountants, assembly line workers, glass blowers, blacksmiths, tanners, etc.

Maybe dragons took their jobs. Maybe unicorns only hid their jobs because unicorns are dicks. Maybe 'jobs' is only an illusion created by a drug addled infant pachyderm. Fuck dude, if we're in 'maybe' land, don't hold back.

This is Nationstates we're here to help

Are you a native or resident of North Carolina?

User avatar
Hediacrana
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1225
Founded: Nov 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hediacrana » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:08 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Hediacrana wrote:As I've said from the start of this conversation, the problem is Biden's well-documented long-standing habit of touching women (many women) inappropriately - not just this particular case. But this is the case that Mystic Warriors chose to set their teeth in and make exonerating, though ill-substantiated statements about, so that's what we are discussing now.

It's not my fault I'm belaboring this single issue!

So which of the people Biden was creepy with would you rather discuss than the one we've been talking about?
'If you're not anti-war, then you're not fiscally conservative, and you're certainly not pro-life.'
Parent, spouse, leftist Christian and suspected witch.
She/her.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar
 
Posts: 48138
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:08 pm

United Dependencies wrote:Man fuck the 2020 presidential election. We should be shortening the presidential campaign season. Let the government govern for a moment.

Preach
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

User avatar
Hardholm
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 121
Founded: Mar 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Hardholm » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:10 pm

HoR are rendered useless by having to campaign and fundraise as soon as they win, Senate was never meant to represent "the people", they're supposed to represent the states, and this political cycle hasn't ended since the last presidential election. Groan.
Name: The Free Land of Hardholm
Government Type: Stratocratic Republic
Era: Medieval High Fantasy
Anthem: Deep Roots
Pro: Cultural Nationalism, Traditionalism, Reactionary, Stratocracy, Theonomy, Hobbes
Neutral: Monarchy, Distributism, Economic Liberalism, Dominionism, Fascism, Israel
Anti: Leftism, Anarchism, Secularism, Islamism, Racialism, Theocracy, Democracy

Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 7
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 7

Politiscales
https://imgur.com/GvnTatV

8values
https://imgur.com/3Xt7VmB
Wiki | Leader | Signature Banner | Anthem
I will not discuss my beliefs with someone who inquires in bad faith
I will take as much time as I can to discuss my beliefs with someone who inquires in good faith

User avatar
United Dependencies
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13677
Founded: Oct 22, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby United Dependencies » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:12 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:
United Dependencies wrote:Man fuck the 2020 presidential election. We should be shortening the presidential campaign season. Let the government govern for a moment.

Preach

I will say that, unlike other countries that have defined campaign seasons, the primary system here in the US does kind of screw things up. I think the best resolution would be to tighten up the primary election season and then push it closer to the conventions. Primaries, at the earliest, should begin in mid-late May and the Convention should happen in late August-Early September. I could also be convinced that mid September would be a good date as well.
Alien Space Bats wrote:2012: The Year We Lost Contact (with Reality).

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Obamacult wrote:Maybe there is an economically sound and rational reason why there are no longer high paying jobs for qualified accountants, assembly line workers, glass blowers, blacksmiths, tanners, etc.

Maybe dragons took their jobs. Maybe unicorns only hid their jobs because unicorns are dicks. Maybe 'jobs' is only an illusion created by a drug addled infant pachyderm. Fuck dude, if we're in 'maybe' land, don't hold back.

This is Nationstates we're here to help

Are you a native or resident of North Carolina?

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar
 
Posts: 48138
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:14 pm

Hediacrana wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:It's not my fault I'm belaboring this single issue!

So which of the people Biden was creepy with would you rather discuss than the one we've been talking about?

Yeah, that was the goal.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

User avatar
United Dependencies
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13677
Founded: Oct 22, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby United Dependencies » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:19 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
United Dependencies wrote:I will say that, unlike other countries that have defined campaign seasons, the primary system here in the US does kind of screw things up. I think the best resolution would be to tighten up the primary election season and then push it closer to the conventions. Primaries, at the earliest, should begin in mid-late May and the Convention should happen in late August-Early September. I could also be convinced that mid September would be a good date as well.

Well, it does make it hard for younger, less known candidates to win.

Yeah that would be the balancing act that we would have to make. I think a great deal of that can be resolved by cutting out the empty time between the end of the primary and the nominating convention and pushing the nominating convention closer to the election. At that point we could try to arrange the primaries from smallish states to largish states. Or at least put enough time between primary elections so that a candidate could reasonably traverse Texas or California.
Alien Space Bats wrote:2012: The Year We Lost Contact (with Reality).

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Obamacult wrote:Maybe there is an economically sound and rational reason why there are no longer high paying jobs for qualified accountants, assembly line workers, glass blowers, blacksmiths, tanners, etc.

Maybe dragons took their jobs. Maybe unicorns only hid their jobs because unicorns are dicks. Maybe 'jobs' is only an illusion created by a drug addled infant pachyderm. Fuck dude, if we're in 'maybe' land, don't hold back.

This is Nationstates we're here to help

Are you a native or resident of North Carolina?

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar
 
Posts: 48138
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:20 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
United Dependencies wrote:I will say that, unlike other countries that have defined campaign seasons, the primary system here in the US does kind of screw things up. I think the best resolution would be to tighten up the primary election season and then push it closer to the conventions. Primaries, at the earliest, should begin in mid-late May and the Convention should happen in late August-Early September. I could also be convinced that mid September would be a good date as well.

Well, it does make it hard for younger, less known candidates to win.

Part of it has to come with campaign finance reform. Even with our endless campaign cycle moneyed candidates have a built in advantage. Insurgent candidacies have upset the cart, particularly in cases like the last couple of democratic primaries. Though it's worth noting that both Obama and Sanders didn't make their mark this far out. Obama emerged closer to the actual primaries, at this point in the 2008 cycle all we were talking about is the clearly inevitable general election match up of Clinton v Giuliani.

A part of me wants to say "Well, if you want to get that name recognition don't do it fundraising, accomplish some shit instead." But I know that's uneven as well. But I do think some finance reform would temper that to a degree.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar
 
Posts: 48138
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:22 pm

United Dependencies wrote:
Eternal Lotharia wrote:Well, it does make it hard for younger, less known candidates to win.

Yeah that would be the balancing act that we would have to make. I think a great deal of that can be resolved by cutting out the empty time between the end of the primary and the nominating convention and pushing the nominating convention closer to the election. At that point we could try to arrange the primaries from smallish states to largish states. Or at least put enough time between primary elections so that a candidate could reasonably traverse Texas or California.

Candidates only ever come to Cali to hit the ATM.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

User avatar
United Dependencies
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13677
Founded: Oct 22, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby United Dependencies » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:33 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:Candidates only ever come to Cali to hit the ATM.

I'm sure you're aware of all of this, but I'll say it anyway just for the sake of itself:

The large size of Cali makes it hard to put it early in the process, but it is unfair to California voters that they have to wait to vote in a primary. It diminishes their ability to decide who the party nominee is. Combined with the fact that CA votes pretty reliably D and it kinda shuts out Californians from actually getting to decide who the president could be.

There was a proposal that put the primary elections on a rotating basis. I don't think CA could get to the front, but it might be able to get closer every now and again.
Last edited by United Dependencies on Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alien Space Bats wrote:2012: The Year We Lost Contact (with Reality).

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Obamacult wrote:Maybe there is an economically sound and rational reason why there are no longer high paying jobs for qualified accountants, assembly line workers, glass blowers, blacksmiths, tanners, etc.

Maybe dragons took their jobs. Maybe unicorns only hid their jobs because unicorns are dicks. Maybe 'jobs' is only an illusion created by a drug addled infant pachyderm. Fuck dude, if we're in 'maybe' land, don't hold back.

This is Nationstates we're here to help

Are you a native or resident of North Carolina?

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar
 
Posts: 48138
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:41 pm

United Dependencies wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:Candidates only ever come to Cali to hit the ATM.

I'm sure you're aware of all of this, but I'll say it anyway just for the sake of itself:

The large size of Cali makes it hard to put it early in the process, but it is unfair to California voters that they have to wait to vote in a primary. It diminishes their ability to decide who the party nominee is. Combined with the fact that CA votes pretty reliably D and it kinda shuts out Californians from actually getting to decide who the president could be.

There was a proposal that put the primary elections on a rotating basis. I don't think CA could get to the front, but it might be able to get closer every now and again.

It's an issue we grouse about every primary. We represent 12 percent of the US population and by the time they get around to us most of the time the matter is settled. We don't need to be first, but we'd like a say. I think we moved up two or three elections ago, but so did everyone.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

User avatar
Mystic Warriors
Minister
 
Posts: 3180
Founded: May 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mystic Warriors » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:57 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:
United Dependencies wrote:Yeah that would be the balancing act that we would have to make. I think a great deal of that can be resolved by cutting out the empty time between the end of the primary and the nominating convention and pushing the nominating convention closer to the election. At that point we could try to arrange the primaries from smallish states to largish states. Or at least put enough time between primary elections so that a candidate could reasonably traverse Texas or California.

Candidates only ever come to Cali to hit the ATM.



The Democrats could ignore us for 20 years and still win by 12 points.
Proud Trump Hater. Ban Fascism in all its forms. Disagreeing with a comment because you hate who said it is childish.

User avatar
Page
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18963
Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Page » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:21 am

My state doesn't have a Senate race this time around. But generally I speaking I always vote for Democrats and then feel annoyed about there being no realistic third party alternative.
Antifa Astartes | Ave Luigi | Trans Rights or I Bites | Abolish ICE | Certified 100% Hasbara-proof

In a world ruled by Epsteins and Eichmanns, anarchism is a moral imperative.

User avatar
Page
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18963
Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Page » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:28 am

United Dependencies wrote:There was a proposal that put the primary elections on a rotating basis. I don't think CA could get to the front, but it might be able to get closer every now and again.


I favor open primaries in every state + a completely randomized primary schedule every election. Put all the names of the states in a hat and draw them randomly, so maybe the next time instead of Iowa, New Hampshire, and Nevada you get Alabama, Hawaii, and Montana. That would surely shake things up.
Antifa Astartes | Ave Luigi | Trans Rights or I Bites | Abolish ICE | Certified 100% Hasbara-proof

In a world ruled by Epsteins and Eichmanns, anarchism is a moral imperative.

User avatar
Valrifell
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31643
Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Valrifell » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:05 am

Cannot think of a name wrote:
United Dependencies wrote:I'm sure you're aware of all of this, but I'll say it anyway just for the sake of itself:

The large size of Cali makes it hard to put it early in the process, but it is unfair to California voters that they have to wait to vote in a primary. It diminishes their ability to decide who the party nominee is. Combined with the fact that CA votes pretty reliably D and it kinda shuts out Californians from actually getting to decide who the president could be.

There was a proposal that put the primary elections on a rotating basis. I don't think CA could get to the front, but it might be able to get closer every now and again.

It's an issue we grouse about every primary. We represent 12 percent of the US population and by the time they get around to us most of the time the matter is settled. We don't need to be first, but we'd like a say. I think we moved up two or three elections ago, but so did everyone.


You're on Super Tuesday now, iirc. At least you're not a June state ;-;

Also, primary season won't move down but move further up as states clamour for more representation and Iowa has it enshrined in law that they go first always and forever. Not to mention a party challenging an incumbent is at even more of a disadvantage if they can't start their national campaign before September whereas the sitting President was all over the place.
T H E U N I O N O F F R A T E R N A L S O C I A L I S T L A B O R C O L L E C T I V E S
Perpetually haunted by the futures that never were and tortured by the futures that may yet be

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar
 
Posts: 48138
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:14 am

Valrifell wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:It's an issue we grouse about every primary. We represent 12 percent of the US population and by the time they get around to us most of the time the matter is settled. We don't need to be first, but we'd like a say. I think we moved up two or three elections ago, but so did everyone.


You're on Super Tuesday now, iirc. At least you're not a June state ;-;

Also, primary season won't move down but move further up as states clamour for more representation and Iowa has it enshrined in law that they go first always and forever. Not to mention a party challenging an incumbent is at even more of a disadvantage if they can't start their national campaign before September whereas the sitting President was all over the place.

Honestly, Super Tuesday is about where we belong. We're a big prize but I don't know that we need to be all special and separate. It sort of means you have to spend time with us because of our size but if you just spend time with us to the detriment of the other states you'll shoot yourself in the foot. It's a fair compromise.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

User avatar
Cerinda
Diplomat
 
Posts: 770
Founded: Feb 18, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Cerinda » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:20 am

I am the senate.
Nation does not represent irl views.
Christian and Patriot
Title: The People's Socialist Republic of Cerinda
Leader: Andrei Kamriov
Population: 55 Million
Government: Unitary Marxist-Leninist One-Party Socialist Republic
Capital: Kovograd

User avatar
San Lumen
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 98887
Founded: Jul 02, 2009
New York Times Democracy

Postby San Lumen » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:43 am

Cerinda wrote:I am the senate.

Not yet

User avatar
Adad Civilization
Envoy
 
Posts: 210
Founded: Jun 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Adad Civilization » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:49 am

N/A, Can't vote xd

Would vote Libertarian if I could though
Last edited by Adad Civilization on Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
IC Year: 5278 BCE
Were NSstats even invented yet in 5000 BC?
Inspired by Haja-Mishu (but I am not a puppet of him) and Mesopotamian Kingdoms of the early bronze age
Heavily retconned, ignore everything before 2021
Proud member of the >50K gang | My Q&A | My Discord: BimmyTheGreat#2883, HMU
Hamatu and Haja-Mishu are both cool people

User avatar
Zurkerx
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 15428
Founded: Jan 20, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:53 am

I feel that every State should hold their Primary/Caucus on the same day and then used a runoff or rank voting system. It's kind of dumb that a few States in the beginning can decide whether one succeeds or not, especially among States that have few electoral votes. My brief rant of the day /r
Accountant, Author, History Buff, Political Junkie, Retired Admin in NSGS & NS Parliament

NFL Picks League
A Golden Civic: Pragmatically Ambitious
"The government you elect is the government you deserve." ~ Thomas Jefferson
"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ~ Albert Einstein

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Armeattla, Ci Arovannea, Dumb Ideologies, DutchFormosa, Eieryn, Fjolmidlum, Google Adsense [Bot], Greater Britannian Realm, Hermitland, Hwiteard, Inevitable Poverty, KauviSzav Forever, Korbalis, Kurgao, Marenmia-Ocasia, Might Delete Later, Nautilo, Nonconformity, Port Carverton, Rhodevus, Ross Commonwealth, Rudge Ramos, The Notorious Mad Jack, Tuel, Uan aa Boa, Ulania, Unogonduria, Valrifell, Valyxias, Washington Resistance Army, Yorsa II

Advertisement

Remove ads