NATION

PASSWORD

Quidditch Tournament Sign ups(closed)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
The Vally Vuus
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 15, 2018
Ex-Nation

Quidditch Tournament Sign ups(closed)

Postby The Vally Vuus » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:42 pm

I have always wanted to see a quidditch tournament and here I present you the quidditch world cup.

Rules
go here https://hobbylark.com/fandoms/How-to-Play-Quidditch-from-Harry-Potter

Scorinator works like this:
After reading in all of the input files, the scorinator determines the ratio between the skill of the 2 teams. That information is then used to determine the ranges that random numbers must fall in for teams to score points. The scorinator then enters an indefinite loop where it first generates a random number to determine if the snitch is caught. If it determines that the snitch has been caught, it then generates another random number to determine which team caught the snitch and moves on to the next match. If the snitch is not caught, the scorinator provides each team with an "attack" where the team attempts to score a goal, generating a random number to determine if the first team scored a goal and then a second random number to determine if the second team scored on goal. Upon concluding this process, it repeats the entire cycle starting with the check to see whether the snitch has been caught. After every snitch in every single match has been caught, The scorinator outputs the results of all of the matches.

Matches
we will have 6 qualification rounds to determine seed going into the tournament.

Schedule(hopefully)
March 22 to 24 is sign-ups

Q1 3/25
Q2 3/26
Q3 3/27
Q4 3/28
3/28 to 4/2 I'm on vacation sorry
Q5 4/2
Q6 4/3

Bracket(single elimanation)
D1 4/5 1v16 2v15 3v14 4v13 5v12 6v11 7v10 8v9
D2 4/6
D3 4/7
D4 4/8
Last edited by The Vally Vuus on Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:42 pm

The Quidditch World Cup is an established tournament and given that the previous edition was open to host bidding, I am going to request that the next one should also be open to host bidding. This was the most recent edition: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=442798 and this was the corresponding sign-up thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=441954
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.
Alternate IC names: Sherpaland, Pharak

Velestria
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Velestria » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:03 am

Hi! As the lastt person to organize a Quidditch World Cup what I think you’re doing is great, that said I was planning to open signups for the next one at a similar time in April as this begins the downtime to the end of the school year for a lot of people not sure if you intend to follow through with this but if you want you could wait till I open the signups for the official 9th edition?
CROWN FEDERATION OF VELESTRIA & THE JA'BARILANDS & GRIERWOOD & THE LOTUS KEYES
Sporting World Cup 6 champion
Trigram: VLZ | Demonym: Lotish | Capital: Southampshire | Leader: Statminister Winfrey Godsend | Newswire

Banija
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2015
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:47 am

Velestria wrote:Hi! As the lastt person to organize a Quidditch World Cup what I think you’re doing is great, that said I was planning to open signups for the next one at a similar time in April as this begins the downtime to the end of the school year for a lot of people not sure if you intend to follow through with this but if you want you could wait till I open the signups for the official 9th edition?

I like this plan.
Former champion of quite a few things. Former President of even more things.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince
Waziri = Foreign Minister
Katikkiro = Prime Minister
Omugabe/Omugaba= Prince/Princess
Banija Domestic Sports | Map of Banija
NSCF 14 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 17 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 19 CHAMPIONS(Northern Moravica), NSCF 21 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria)
Sporting World Cup 8. WBCs 47 & 51. Di Bradini Cup 47. World Cup 86. IBC 30, 31, 32, 33. National Trophy Cabinet.
Does your country need public transit? Contact the RTC!
If you see this, assume you have an embassy in my country and we have an embassy in yours!

The Vally Vuus
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 15, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Vally Vuus » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:45 pm

I like it to but may I host it in the vally vuus

Return to NS Sports