NATION

PASSWORD

Aquilifer Naval Engineering [ PT ]

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
Amalfi
Secretary

Founded: Oct 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Aquilifer Naval Engineering [ PT ]

Postby Amalfi » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:24 am

ImageImageImageImage

The histories of Amador and Amalfi are of a kind: proud seafaring nations whose livelihoods and very existence has always depended on trade and control of the sea. For centuries, Amalfitan and Amadorian naval power have been the envy of Nocturnalya, and no one has been more important in making them so than us. Aquilifer is the leading builder of warships of all description: from biremes to battleships and dromonds to dreadnoughts, history has been dominated by our vessels.

This storefront is a multi-period affair, catering to customers from a variety of possible timelines and timeframes.¹ We are the only storefront which sells caravels alongside cruisers, which is why Aquilifer should be your one-stop shop for all of history.

Disclaimer: Aquilifer Naval Engineering Ltd. is a privately owned corporation of Amalfi and Tiami. Permission to confirm or deny orders and other correspondence is the sole right of Aquilifer's representatives in Aquilifer Amalfi and Aquilifer Amador. Orders and other correspondence may be either confirmed or denied with or without reason, valid or otherwise, at the discretion of Aquilifer's designated sales and correspondence representatives. Aquilifer Naval Engineering Ltd. exists in multiple dimensions and temporal realities simultaneously; this is intentional and should not be a cause of alarm for physicists or string theorists. Aquilifer Naval Engineering Ltd. is a historical entity protected under the Amalfitan constitution and the Charter on Time Travel for Commerce and may not be held responsible for any resulting damage to the space-time continuum. A degree of realism is advised, despite other discrepancies. Refusal to adhere strictly to these terms and conditions may result in abrupt and spontaneous combustion. Unless specified otherwise, batteries are included.

¹ - This raises more questions than it answers. Please, don't let's go there.
Last edited by Amalfi on Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:50 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Amalfi
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Amalfi » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:24 am

For more than 2500 years there have been shipbuilders in Saruvia, the home of the fleets of the modern Amalfitan republic. The most prestigious has always been Aquilifer, once called the Auctores Navium Corylanes, which historically provided the largest triremes for the navies of the Saruvian princes. In the Battle of Avallia (pictured right), fought at sea against the neighbouring city of Talox, Saruvia achieved a great victory and utterly destroyed its rival's fleet. It was a ship from the Auctores Navium Corylanes that sank the Talocian flagship and captured its standard, the aquila, and brought it back to port. On its return, the ship and its shipyard were given the honorary title of Aquilifer by the prince. We bear that name to this day, the Aquilifer of Saruvia, ever the source of the principality's flagships.

Aquilifer first began building ships for what was to become Amalfi in the 600s AD, when Saruvia joined the Triple Federation with Marvisia and Trasiminium. Envious of Saruvian naval might, the lords of Trasiminium begged Aquilifer to supply them with ships, and we gave them the finest galleys ever to sail the seas. When the Triple Federation became the Republic of Amalfi, Aquilifer was given the first commission from the new Senate. In 862, Aquilifer took possession of Trasiminium's old dockyard: the company's first yard outside Saruvia. Our ships spearheaded the expansion of Amalfi's empire and ushered in a new era of maritime prosperity. We laid down the first cogs in Amalfi, and continued this innovation with the construction of the republic's first carrack, caravel, galleon and man-o'-war.

Closer to modern times, Aquilifer's preeminence in naval engineering had become so well-established that nations from all over Nocturnalya sought out our ships. In friendship with the people of Amador, a city of the greatest sailors and merchants outside Amalfi, Aquilifer began working closely with Amadorian shipwrights. By the turn of the 20th century we had set up a shipyard there; today it is one of our most important yards, and Aquilifer is proud to call Amador its second home - after our first yard in Saruvia, the oldest dockyard in Nocturnalya. It was at home in Saruvia that we first began to lay down the steel battleships that began the modern age, from our ironclads to our dreadnoughts to our battlecruisers.
Last edited by Amalfi on Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:13 am, edited 4 times in total.

Amalfi
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Amalfi » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:25 am

Ships are listed chronologically by period of production. Further information on all products is available in our main catalogue.

ImageZephyra-class light caravel [ view | Export: 45,000 ducats ]
ImageAegatic-class dreadnought battleship [ view | Export: $ 7,500,000 | DPR: $ 450,000,000 ]
Last edited by Amalfi on Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Amalfi
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Amalfi » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:12 pm

Reserved, just in case.

Cedric ap Mordan
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cedric ap Mordan » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:05 pm

/OOC)Hmm,. Only caravels eh?

Barisea
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Barisea » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:20 pm

I would like to buy 20 caravels
Barisea is a Napoleonic Era to WW2 Scandinavia nation.
A 18.4 civilization, according to this index.

Cedric ap Mordan
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Cedric ap Mordan » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:01 am

Barisea wrote:I would like to buy 20 caravels

OOC Nah fam, don't buy Carvels, they mad slow

Barisea
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Barisea » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:04 am

Cedric ap Mordan wrote:

OOC Nah fam, don't buy Carvels, they mad slow

OOC: I will do what I wish, but thank you for your opinion
Barisea is a Napoleonic Era to WW2 Scandinavia nation.
A 18.4 civilization, according to this index.

Cedric ap Mordan
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Cedric ap Mordan » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:30 am

Barisea wrote:
Cedric ap Mordan wrote:OOC Nah fam, don't buy Carvels, they mad slow

OOC: I will do what I wish, but thank you for your opinion

OOC U Right, u Right

Cedric ap Mordan
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Naval Ships

Postby Cedric ap Mordan » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:36 am

(IC)

Aquilifer Naval Engineering,

Seeing as you are a very capable company and able of the most advanced engineering of this age I would like to put ina request for 50 Roman style triremes for the Gwyneddian Navy, you may deliver them at our main port Fuil Bàgh, northwest GB. THANK YOU

Amalfi
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Amalfi » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:31 pm

O esteemed representative of the nation of Barisea,

On the behalf of Aquilfer Naval Engineering, verily the foremost shipwrighting guild in the Amalfitan republic, I am bid thank thee for thy recent missive. It would bring us great joy to fulfill thy request for twenty of our caravels constructed to the likeness of the Zephyra archetype. We trust that this is the form of the craft that would be deemed most pleasing and most complementary to thine own nautical needs. Should thy requirements lie elsewhere we would exhort thee to correct us with all due alacrity, lest we fruitlessly expend our resources on an avenue unsatisfactory to all parties.

Presuming the Zephyra model to be that most pleasing to thine interests, we hold the obligation of notifying thee of the price for thine accounts; namely, that such a purchase should cost thy purse no less than the sum of nine hundred thousands of Amalfitan ducats. We do acknowledge the oft-encountered difficulty of amassing so great a sum of coinage for a single purchase, and by His will we shall force no man to render himself destitute to meet our demands. As the production of twenty caravels is no mean feat, thou art given 'til the completion of thine order to complete the monetary transaction. We shall relinquish no craft but the first to thine authority without first receiving satisfactory payment for the vessel. Should the mode of payment be deemed inconvenient, alternative means may be contrived with our prior consent.

We call to mind again our appreciation for thy patronage and assure thee that thy needs are foremost in our minds as we strive to complete thine order. If thou shouldst, by chance, require any alterations to the order, or request any elucidation, thou art bid write to us once more without delay.

With sincere gratitude,

Tredius Quilmus Aphiniax
Guildmaster

Amalfi
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Amalfi » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:15 pm

Cedric ap Mordan wrote:(IC)

Aquilifer Naval Engineering,

Seeing as you are a very capable company and able of the most advanced engineering of this age I would like to put ina request for 50 Roman style triremes for the Gwyneddian Navy, you may deliver them at our main port Fuil Bàgh, northwest GB. THANK YOU

Carissime amice,

Pelitus Cunus Trivlix writes to the Gwyneddian Navy. You wrote to our company some days ago requesting the construction of a small fleet of triremes built to a "Roman style." My heart is stricken by sadness as I relate to you that we know not what is the Roman style to which you refer. However, confident in the expertise we hold in our craft, I wish to allay your own concerns and assure that, as a proud Saruvian company, we will construct a fleet of ships unmatched in maritime ability to the "Saruvian style." We shall immediately lay down keels and set about the work of delivering your order, for a sum no less than one hundred and seventy thousands of Amalfitan sestertii, acknowledging of course that, just as we cannot assemble fifty ships in an instant, you may make payment over a period of time rather than all at the same time. Alternative modes of payment to raw coinage may be negotiated.

I exhort you to apprise us with all due haste if your request should differ in the specifics from the generic format we produce. Your patronage is deeply appreciated and we urge you to be not bashful, as our foremost aspiration is the satisfaction of your needs.

Pelitus Cunus Trivlix
Guildmaster

New Equestria
Envoy

Founded: Jul 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby New Equestria » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:10 pm

Excuse me, terribly sorry, but what website or program did you use to acquire these graphics?
INTP Personality
Owner of... | Gracefield Shipyard | Imperial Armoury Company | East Imperial Company |
GENERATION 9: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Conservative

Amalfi
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Amalfi » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:27 pm

New Equestria wrote:Excuse me, terribly sorry, but what website or program did you use to acquire these graphics?

[OOC: Hi, thanks for your query. I'd rather you'd asked on the main storefront thread and will request that a mod move these posts there. To answer your question, I used Paint.NET, which is a free raster editor, to draw the images using the line, pencil and fill tools almost exclusively; I make sure to disable antialiasing when doing any lineart because you don't want it to blur. I obviously used images found on Google etc. as references when drawing.

To get into ship lineart in general, the best resource is Shipbucket, which is a repository of lineart of real-world (and some fictional) ships produced by that site's community. I often use (well, used; it's been a while) Shipbucket linearts as a reference as well, but I always make a point of drawing all my lineart, including elements like cranes, turrets and anchors, myself; see my MT shipwright storefront for more.]

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:35 pm

OOC: I will order a dreadnought eventually, to link up with IC canon of my nation trying and failing to create a navy in the early 1900s. Im posting to tag, and to remember to write a detailed IC letter.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade