NATION

PASSWORD

Your opinion on a interesting fact about the AN (II)

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:30 am

Still better than OTL America, I guess.

Heavenly Emperor Cheonsa's real name is a secret. The handful of those who know it, including his wives, his children, his mother, and the leader of Ascion, wouldn't reveal it because the fallout would cause chaos at a global stage. With all the theories about his past, even trying to trace it with history would be difficult, let alone guess it correctly.
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

The Great-German Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Great-German Empire » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:19 am

Hee hee. Secrets so dark that even his name must be hidden? Sorry, my characters can't relate.

It is comparatively easy to kill a German politician. This is because they all prefer to live free lives rather than overly guarded ones, and thus there are few police procedures for protecting them. Even the Chancellor walks the streets alone as he would if it were the 1850s. The Emperor and his family have guards present with them in all public outings, but very few in number and unbound, while most actual security is hidden in the crowds that inevitably form around them. Retired Imperial guards also note that the Emperor in particular sees his bodyguards as small-talk acquaintances rather than protectors.
IC Name: Empire of Germany
Just your friendly neighborhood Weltmacht. Und Doch Gang | NS Stats are not used. Q&A if you need it!
Pro/Anti, 8Values and other tests: Here
Unapologetic libertarian populist monarchism

Vossische Zeitung: The Chancellor, Baron Hartmann, announced in a rally that he will 'work tirelessly against the formation of a society of control' | Hungary edges out Germany 4-3 in Euro Cup final; Kaiser personally congratulates Hungarians for an 'exceptional' game | According to survey, 73% of Germans oppose an introduction of speed limits on major Autobahns

Kyneland
Envoy

Founded: Apr 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kyneland » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:11 pm

That’s a rather unique way of going about things. Can’t say I’m complaining, though. I wish more politicians were like that.
The Alþing, Kyneland’s legislative body, is unicameral. It has 200 seats with a proportional representative system. The Ríkskansler (Realm Chancellor) is appointed by the Sovereign from the leadership of the largest or ruling party; in coalitions, the largest party’s leader becomes Ríkskansler.

The cabinet candidates are chosen from amongst the coalition parties, suggested/appointed by the Ríkskansler and formalised in their positions by the Sovereign.

In order for a bill to become law, 75% of the Alþing must agree with it and the Sovereign must sign it for it to become law. However, the Sovereign is not obliged to sign it into law, and thus the Sovereign can effectively veto bills.
Last edited by Kyneland on Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blóð ok Bróðurleikr ~ Blood & Brotherhood
Pro: Norse revivalism, pan-Scandinavianism, linguistic purism.
Anti: Abrahamism, multiculturalism, consumerism.

Leader ❚ Q&A ❚ Embassy ❚ The Kynish Language

Achsenland
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Achsenland » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:00 am

I prefer bicameral parliaments, personally. Also, I'm curious as to why it has to be 75% instead of the usual >50%. Besides that, though, it sounds like a typical democratic legislature for a constitutional monarchy.

The state-sanctioned religion of the Kingdom of Achsony is the creatively named [#sarcasm] Church of Achsony (Teutonian: Kirche von Achsenland). It is a denomination of the broader Yggdraist faith, a polytheistic human religion prevalent in northern Evropia. While it shares many gods, practices, texts, and traditions with the other Yggdraist churches, its primary figures of worship are the Goddess Freyja and the Archangel Azrael. Despite having a state religion, Achsony practices a policy of religious freedom. According to the 1815 census, 86.8% of the mainland population, or 29,089,116 people, identify as adherents of the church. Overall, it has around 50 million members worldwide.

Freyja and Azrael, who were companions of King James, were instrumental in the formation of the Kingdom of Achsony 58 years ago. Freyja is praised as the bringer of life, protection, and prosperity, while Azrael, a figure unique to the Church of Achsony, represents both the guidance of souls onto the afterlife and retribution against evil. Other Yggdraist deities, like Woden, Thunor, Frige, and Snotra, are worshipped as well. Like most faiths in the world, it acknowledges the existence of figures from other religions, although doesn't worship them.

It is headed by the Ecclesiastical Governor of the Church of Achsony, currently the Archbishop of Trott, Johann von Pirkstein, who is the third person to hold this position after his accession in 1779. This position is held for life or until the resignation of the holder, and is elected by the 17 archbishops in Achsony among themselves. Its clergy operates a hierarchy with the Governor as its head and under him/her, in descending order, the Archbishops, Bishops, and Priests/Priestesses.

(author's note: the familiar figures mentioned above are different, although analogous, to their RL versions; also, "gods" exist in this universe, although souls and afterlives don't)
 | ♔ | Kingdom of Achsony | ♔ | Königreich Achsenland | ♔ | 
Terra Britania's PT/FanT puppet in a different universe. IC year 1819 (not AD or BC). NS stats not used, as always.
Factbooks - Overview - News
Jamesburg Telegram: Holy Alexandrian Realm falls to chaos and civil war; major cities fall to far-right and far-left extremists with supplies and volunteers from Habsburg and Muscovia | Royal Achson Armed Forces announces new M1819 semi-automatic service rifle to replace current bolt-action models | Free Stead of Reiga, threteaned by Muscovian aggression, becomes newest member of the Avalon Concordat
100% certified: Weeaboo, Britanniaboo, Kaiserboo, and France-hater | Reichsmusik 96.3 FM | Current flag waifu: Jeanne d'Arc (Alter), from Fate/Grand Order

Afghanystan
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 08, 2018
Corporate Police State

Postby Afghanystan » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:09 am

It sounds like AN is in need of conversion. Not to worry. Someday we will conquer Europe and impose Islam upon them.

I just found out that Pakistan also has the Markhor as its state animal. Some people say I should simply change the national animal to the Camel Spider, but this is unacceptable. I am declaring war. We will liberate the Pashtuns of the FATA region, annex the port of Karachi, and save the Markhor.

ستره بريا

Skyhooked
Senator

Founded: Mar 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyhooked » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:11 pm

How about we just raid ya' and put an end to your regime? Like we did with North Korea. And no Markhor will be hurt in proccess.

Skyhookedian love for guns, alcohol, drugs, sex and deliquent behaviour can be explained by deep mental scars in survivors, which were left by 15 years of theocratic fascist regime, which killed almost quarter of population and then a bloody civil war, which ended in widespread devastation. It's culture suffered the most, as it was actively attacked by the regime and took damage during the civil war, both things reuslted in culture was thrown a few centuries back.

So basically Skyhooked suffers a nation wide PTSD, now it's not too severe.

Such is one of the theories on Skyhookedian (in)famous hedonism.
Last edited by Skyhooked on Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skyhooked is MT/PMT with a few FT elements. Military is factbook only. NS stats are mostly non canon.
If you wanna know more about this haven of sin: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=418281&start=1

Our country offers: Alcohol, guns, cigars, weed, gambling, beaches and tons of souvenirs. And our current special: PL-74 Plasma rifle 25% discount!

Refreshing News:
Skyhooked is at war with Octavia, still holding agaisnt endless hordes of robots, vampires and traitors of humanity!/Global Defense Council was formed to help Earth hold agaisnt invasion./Luckily, we survived long enough and forces of Mandate of Humanity have arrived. (https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=484352)

Omonros
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Omonros » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:30 pm

So Skyhooked is the embodiment of what Jagermeister does to people, then. Starts bad, gets worse, but at least now you can see.
---
Omonros is fully capable of colonizing other worlds-including our fertile and appetizing moon-but incessant raids from interstellar Pirate factions and an issue with Smugglers has made such far too expensive and difficult to achieve-not to mention the possibility of Pirates simply taking over any of our colonies we create.
Last edited by Omonros on Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
THE BENNUR'AR OF OMONROS
ٮّں࣮ٔرܔار ړم٘ںر٘صܔارَ

May the Sun's Light Guide You

New Transeurasia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New Transeurasia » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:58 pm

Dammit johnny depp

In the 1950s and 1960s, most large NT corporations dominated cities against other corporations, so that if a corporation dominated a city, a competing corporation that was from another city that tried to open a store in the corporation's city would be where its stores within a city would fail within a year. Strangely enough, this did not affect small companies and mom-and-pop stores. An example of this is Čita. In 1960 its retail market was dominated by the retail giant "Ivanovič Supermarkets". Another retail giant "Banaš Market", part of the Banaš group, which dominated Yakutsk and some other cities across NT, tried to open 2 stores in the city. By 1961, 1 of the Banaš stores had closed and the other had become an Ivanovič store.
EurasiaЕвразия欧亜ユーラシア
LIBERATE THE WORLD / DEMOCRACY AND PROSPERITY / FORGED BY MAN THEMSELF
Welcome to 2035. Tenth-light-speed spacecraft, overpopulation, abundance of resources, the tripolar cold war, and catgirls await.

ENN 欧亜囯家通訊社 Eurasian National News: S7 Airlines flight 661 makes emergency landing in Miiriney, RU after failed hijacking | CTVN 长春広播电視集団 Chángchūn Television Network: President Kuzma makes speech on plans for her 2nd term after re-election
MT-PMT gang
2k10s scenemo nation lol - honestly have no idea what to do with this anymore
NStats imprisoned on Proteus
trans rights! ♀ she/they
Background Music

Thedeny
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 20, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Thedeny » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:17 am

I don’t really like that, personally. I lack any trust in corporations and really don’t think they should exist except state ones.
Due to the Queen’s mother being a Nipponese royal, Inga II is closely related to the Emperor of Nippon, Asahito. She is the Emperor’s great-niece, and he is her great-uncle.
⠀†⠀ĠEMǢNESWELA ÞĒODLAND⠀†⠀

Hwær cwóm meah? Hwær cwóm mago? Hwær cwóm horn blówende?
Hwær cwóm helm? Hwær cwóm byrne? Hwær cwóm feax flówende?

Achsenland
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Achsenland » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:02 am

That sounds like a juicy opportunity for a potential personal union. Kidding aside, in a similar case, the our own Royal House of Nero is closely acquainted with the Imperial House of Yamato, the ruling house of the Empire of Hinomoto. There have also been rumours that Empress Himiko, the current empress, and King James, Achsony's first king, were once lovers around 50 years ago, although both parties have neither denied nor accepted that claim.

Repeating previous fact because my brain won't work properly

The state-sanctioned religion of the Kingdom of Achsony is the creatively named [#sarcasm] Church of Achsony (Teutonian: Kirche von Achsenland). It is a denomination of the broader Yggdraist faith, a polytheistic human religion prevalent in northern Evropia. While it shares many gods, practices, texts, and traditions with the other Yggdraist churches, its primary figures of worship are the Goddess Freyja and the Archangel Azrael. Despite having a state religion, Achsony practices a policy of religious freedom. According to the 1815 census, 86.8% of the mainland population, or 29,089,116 people, identify as adherents of the church. Overall, it has around 50 million members worldwide.

Freyja and Azrael, who were companions of King James, were instrumental in the formation of the Kingdom of Achsony 58 years ago. Freyja is praised as the bringer of life, protection, and prosperity, while Azrael, a figure unique to the Church of Achsony, represents both the guidance of souls onto the afterlife and retribution against evil. Other Yggdraist deities, like Woden, Thunor, Frige, and Snotra, are worshipped as well. Like most faiths in the world, it acknowledges the existence of figures from other religions, although doesn't worship them.

It is headed by the Ecclesiastical Governor of the Church of Achsony, currently the Archbishop of Trott, Johann von Pirkstein, who is the third person to hold this position after his accession in 1779. This position is held for life or until the resignation of the holder, and is elected by the 17 archbishops in Achsony among themselves. Its clergy operates a hierarchy with the Governor as its head and under him/her, in descending order, the Archbishops, Bishops, and Priests/Priestesses.

(author's note: the familiar figures mentioned above are different, although analogous, to their RL versions; also, "gods" exist in this universe, although souls and afterlives don't)
 | ♔ | Kingdom of Achsony | ♔ | Königreich Achsenland | ♔ | 
Terra Britania's PT/FanT puppet in a different universe. IC year 1819 (not AD or BC). NS stats not used, as always.
Factbooks - Overview - News
Jamesburg Telegram: Holy Alexandrian Realm falls to chaos and civil war; major cities fall to far-right and far-left extremists with supplies and volunteers from Habsburg and Muscovia | Royal Achson Armed Forces announces new M1819 semi-automatic service rifle to replace current bolt-action models | Free Stead of Reiga, threteaned by Muscovian aggression, becomes newest member of the Avalon Concordat
100% certified: Weeaboo, Britanniaboo, Kaiserboo, and France-hater | Reichsmusik 96.3 FM | Current flag waifu: Jeanne d'Arc (Alter), from Fate/Grand Order

Frievolk
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Frievolk » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:39 am

This is... actually pretty interesting. The idea of a dual-faith between two god-heroes of Life and Death is, in its nature, interesting. Though it is also pretty funny how like, there are people who knew these two individuals before they were to become gods (that is to say, if they became gods, rather than only manifested on Achsony to help King James in his so-called crusade).

(Continuing with the fact expressed in this post)
Zweikampf is an important enough element in Nederstjil -and in larger context Frievolker- culture that its achievements are seen equal to military or civil orders of merit. Friestillkampf (Freestyle Combat) in particular is obsessed over to a degree of reverence: Nine out of every ten Military officer and Seven out of every ten person from the Upper Class practice it extensively, approximately three out of every ten doing so professionally. The Zweikampf uniform is identical to the ceremonial Frievolker Military uniform, which means that soldiers often use their own military uniforms instead, and actually put the medals they receive from victories on Zweikampf on their uniform as they would a military or civil decoration, which means it's not very uncommon to see two individuals in Freestyle combat who's uniforms is filled with medals and decorations, especially on higher level competitions.
OOC
Libertarian Constitutionalist
Part-time Anarchist
Anti-Monotheist
Iranian Nationalist
Templates
♔ The Frievolker Empire || Frievolker Kaiserreik
♔ The Realm in the Sun || De Reik in de Sonne
♔ Led by Kaiser Johann, Part of the Erstwelt
Never forget that the Muslims literally made up a new meaningless name for him when they forgot the name of Adam's Firstborn.

Metamen
Secretary

Founded: Nov 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Metamen » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:32 am

"Physical Medals and Decorations on Uniforms went out of style long before the Republic ever existed. Nowadays we just utilize holograms when such extravagances are required.

Not like anyone could tell the difference."

"I am a Clone forged on Solaris Terra, or Earth as you know it. I was made on one of the very first Clone Facilities ever made by the Republic, officially speaking I was never destined to amount to very much, my biological code was written for desk work, I was predetermined to be a sufficient leader in the workforce, acquire a mate at a specific time period if possible, gestate offspring and more than likely die of one of the many possible mysterious diseases that could be contracted across the galaxy, either by acquiring the illness from another, or by creating one, there are a collection of chemical weapons that the Republic have yet to test.

I would be a viable test subject when the time came.

Of course, the universe being what it is a fickle thing, by chance or by destiny either one is unimportant to me, I came upon an Old World Textbook.

The book spoke of Old World Technology, Scientific Theory, Military Strategy, and most Importantly... Magic.

Or more exactly Sound Based Magic.

It was then that my life gained meaning, and my road to becoming Imperator began."

-Imperator Ordea
Other Worlds: *Exist*
Republic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNxPVj0hejg
OOC: "Remember, if you lower your standards just enough to reach the very center of the planet... the Universe still finds away to disappoint you. That's why we should stop having standards."
Please Note that this Nation does NOT use NS stats.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:40 am

Ooo, sounds powers. Good choice; it's versatile, rare, and awesome at the same time.

Yin and Yang, or rather the philosophy of combining dualities has a strong influence on the concepts and ideas behind Amenria, including its leader, Cheonsa. Among the simplest examples are the fact that his wings are of opposite colours and provide him with opposite powers, one being light-based and the other being dark-based. Another example is Amenria's theocratic leanings, despite its anti-fundamentalist policies in arts and law enforcement.
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

The Great-German Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Great-German Empire » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:19 am

There's something to be said for combining opposites. It's an opportunity to breed new concepts which possess the strength of both sides of old arguments. This is one of the few things I actually respect in YN.

The German Television Office (DFA) was a major state corporation in Germany starting with 1966, under the Imperial Office of the Interior. Its many channels and subsidiaries provided the German population with news (Including minority-language), entertainment and education for over half a century. It doubled as a licensing and regulation authority for Germany's private networks. Following the Civil War, the DFA retained its place as a German cultural icon, however it started to outgrow its purpose and, according to some, grow out of touch. The Conservative government's strict cultural policies exacerbated that, culmination with the Babelsberg Fiasco of 2011 - when the DFA was implicated in outright censorship. It was established that DFA officials had blackmailed production crews of motion pictures they considered unsavory into cancelling the films since around 2006.

The DFA's then-45% share of TV viewership then plummeted following a mass boycott, and it limped on for 7 years before being formally partitioned and privatized by the new Chancellor Hartmann to mixed public response.
IC Name: Empire of Germany
Just your friendly neighborhood Weltmacht. Und Doch Gang | NS Stats are not used. Q&A if you need it!
Pro/Anti, 8Values and other tests: Here
Unapologetic libertarian populist monarchism

Vossische Zeitung: The Chancellor, Baron Hartmann, announced in a rally that he will 'work tirelessly against the formation of a society of control' | Hungary edges out Germany 4-3 in Euro Cup final; Kaiser personally congratulates Hungarians for an 'exceptional' game | According to survey, 73% of Germans oppose an introduction of speed limits on major Autobahns

Provostock
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 20, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Provostock » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:50 am

TV is best privatized, really. So good job.

In Provostock, criminal justice is similar to Singapore's system. You get a fair trial, and then an extraordinarily harsh punishment. There is a single facility, called the Criminal Justice Complex, that is about the size of a very large urban hospital. It administers corporal and capital punishments, all while holding pre-trail detainees and long-term convicts. It has four buildings joined by several skyways above the city streets it spans. The first building acts as a courthouse, and houses all appeals, civil, and criminal courts. The second building is the short-term detention facility for those awaiting trial or serving less than a year in jail. The third building is the main prison complex, which houses all inmates that have a year or more on their sentence. Finally, the fourth building houses high-security inmates, solitary confinement cells, and death row.
The player behind Knessniet presents
The Most Serene Republic of Provostock
La Serenissima Repubblica di Provossa

A city-state republic based on the mercantile republics of Italy and the player's political views.

Frievolk
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Frievolk » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:52 am

I personally disagree with the concept of punitive justice in general. Capital Punishment and corporal punishment even moreso. imo, any person who needs to be held in a prison longer than a year (in a fair legal system) should just be booted out of the country. But I suppose your version goes with your idea of "firm but fair" (which is also something I disagree with)

Zweikampf is an important enough element in Nederstjil -and in larger context Frievolker- culture that its achievements are seen equal to military or civil orders of merit. Friestillkampf (Freestyle Combat) in particular is obsessed over to a degree of reverence: Nine out of every ten Military officer and Seven out of every ten person from the Upper Class practice it extensively, approximately three out of every ten doing so professionally. The Zweikampf uniform is identical to the ceremonial Frievolker Military uniform, which means that soldiers often use their own military uniforms instead, and actually put the medals they receive from victories on Zweikampf on their uniform as they would a military or civil decoration, which means it's not very uncommon to see two individuals in Freestyle combat who's uniforms is filled with medals and decorations, especially on higher level competitions.
OOC
Part-time Anarchist
Anti-Monotheist
Iranian Nationalist
Templates
Never forget that the Muslims literally made up a new meaningless name for him when they forgot the name of Adam's Firstborn.

Hystaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hystaria » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:17 pm

Frievolk wrote:I personally disagree with the concept of punitive justice in general. Capital Punishment and corporal punishment even moreso. imo, any person who needs to be held in a prison longer than a year (in a fair legal system) should just be booted out of the country. But I suppose your version goes with your idea of "firm but fair" (which is also something I disagree with)

That seems nearly identical what happens in duals and the such with less guns.

There is a 3 page auto biography of the current king of the nation being written.
Also, we use vats rarely and only at events of our neighbors having so much radioactivity that we would become infertile. and it still includes two people wanting children and using their DNA.
(OOC: im doing it irl, lol)
A [Tier:9 Level:1 Type:9
Power Comparator: (see below)5.2, according to this index.

(Please quote me in forums to find your response, please, that would be nice.)
Trade with me, trade without Idelogys harming us, Money doesn't care what side you are on.
i swear my eternal service to the lasaga lord and wish to spread it to all i meet .
[spoiler= Official Allies]Bolkenia
Kowani wrote:Hystaria. They’re both edgy, but only one of them is a special kind of edgy.

I dont use NS states, I use factbooks.

Nu-Cascadia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Nu-Cascadia » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:02 pm

For such a small project, you would be better off making a monolith or memorial. Otherwise, it'd look downright pathetic.

----------------------

Cascadia's criminal underground is essentially operating as unfettered private enterprise; in return for a much higher tax rate. Indeed, criminal assets that work against Corporate's interests tend to be found dead soon after.
STRENGTH THROUGH SECURITY

THE FUTURE IS NOW

SEQUERE PECUNIAM

A nation set in the year 2049, owned entirely by one corporate entity with an indisputable head. Factbooks before NS stats. NS stats generally supplement crappier factbooks.

I'm always open to collaborate, RP, and answer IC/OOC questions!
IC/OOC telegrams always open!

Hystaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Hystaria » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:15 pm

Nu-Cascadia wrote:For such a small project, you would be better off making a monolith or memorial. Otherwise, it'd look downright pathetic.

----------------------

Cascadia's criminal underground is essentially operating as unfettered private enterprise; in return for a much higher tax rate. Indeed, criminal assets that work against Corporate's interests tend to be found dead soon after.

Where do you live. To need something as primitive as a monolith, i never said it would be in my glory. You imbecile. A small book is just an autobiography, not the massive crowds i draw. I don't need your pathetic and inefficient structures from ancient Ethiopia to prove my worth. It is merely informational.
/skip

Trade with me, trade without Idelogys harming us, Money doesn't care what side you are on.
i swear my eternal service to the lasaga lord and wish to spread it to all i meet .
Kowani wrote:Hystaria. They’re both edgy, but only one of them is a special kind of edgy.

Borgevia
Secretary

Founded: Dec 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Borgevia » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:38 am

Nu-Cascadia wrote:For such a small project, you would be better off making a monolith or memorial. Otherwise, it'd look downright pathetic.

----------------------

How dystopian, the free flow of commerce should be held sacrosanct.

Borgovia and Korea are the two most hated entertainment nations in the world. Korea is hated for exporting Kpop and K Drama, Borgovia is hated for exporting Hardcore Punk and Telenovelas. It's got the point where in the USA, Suicide Girls are termed 'Borgovian Girls' because the Punk/Goth/Alt aesthetic is very popular in this South American country.

Borgovia's large East Asian population also produces Latino style Asian drama (chiefly Latinized Chinese), which is at least less dramatic and more tolerable albeit not as popular abroad.
Last edited by Borgevia on Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Was once a ruthless capitalist Corporate State in South America (1800s - 1950s), but has since reformed into a Social Democratic, Federal, Parliamentary Republic whose politics is 90% of my irl views. We're Italo-Spanish-Chinese influenced and thus there's a lot of Chinese and Greco-Roman cultural references.

The world in this nation is changing for the better, current year is 2042.

Call us "Borgovia".

Zandovia
Attaché

Founded: Apr 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Zandovia » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:41 am

Borgevia wrote:

----------------------

Borgovia and Korea are the two most hated entertainment nations in the world. Korea is hated for exporting Kpop and K Drama, Borgovia is hated for exporting Hardcore Punk and Telenovelas. It's got the point where in the USA, Suicide Girls are termed 'Borgovian Girls' because the 'Hardcore Punk' aesthetic is very popular in this South American country.

Borgovia's large East Asian population also produces Latino style Asian drama (chiefly Latinized Chinese), which is at least less dramatic and more tolerable albeit not as popular abroad.

Battle to the death, nonetheless interesting.

I PUT MUSTARD ON MY PRETZELS
Pineapple Pizza is Delicious

The Republic of Zandovia

Proud Oklahoman
University of Oklahoma Alum, 2016

Vaeruio
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Vaeruio » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:44 am

Zandovia wrote:
Borgevia wrote:

Borgovia and Korea are the two most hated entertainment nations in the world. Korea is hated for exporting Kpop and K Drama, Borgovia is hated for exporting Hardcore Punk and Telenovelas. It's got the point where in the USA, Suicide Girls are termed 'Borgovian Girls' because the 'Hardcore Punk' aesthetic is very popular in this South American country.

ok.

Vaeruio has over 500 different types of sloths. The most famous is the Green Toed Sloth which lives in the lush forests throughout Vaeruio.

Alvaro Republic
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Alvaro Republic » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:50 am

Zandovia wrote:
Borgevia wrote:

I like drinking fermented corn dough liquid with ice and Chile and lime

Frievolk
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Frievolk » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:30 am

Vaeruio wrote:
ok.

Vaeruio has over 500 different types of sloths. The most famous is the Green Toed Sloth which lives in the lush forests throughout Vaeruio.

That's actually an interesting tidbit about fauna diversity in your geography. Good to know!

Immediately after the second World War ended, The Continent of Africa was effectively divided between France, Germany, and Britain.

Germany had Four colonies (later, Oversees Dominions): Togoland, South West Africa, West Africa, and Mittelafrika (which was carved out of French and British Colonies prior to the first world war). Originally, the latter three were all parts of Mittelafrika, but they were separated from it for better administration. Germany lost all of its dominions other than Togoland in the Decolonization, though it holds a very large influence on the Mittelafrika even now (Those regions of the African Union have closer ties to the German Empire than the Brotherhood of Nations)

Britain had Egypt, Somali (Seized from Rome after ww2), Mozambique, and British West Africa, which was formed by taking some French and Spanish colonies in the Area. Britain lost Mozambique to Orange Free State during the Decolonization, and only holds Somali now, though Egypt is also part of its informal Empire.

France had Algeria, Morocco, North and West Africa, the latter two each a federation of smaller components. France lost all of its dominion and has failed to hold a cordial relations with the post-colonial states, even though one of them (The North African Federation) is one of its allies in the Entente.

Spain, and Netherlands each held a small dominion (Spanish Morocco had been larger prior to the second world war, but most of that was seized by France), while New England effectively took over the American Colony of Liberia. In truth, the only Independent state in Africa until the African Decolonization had been the Orange Free State, which had established an Apartheid on most of South Africa.

All this changed, of course, once the Decolonization reared its head upon Africa, and despite the harsh colonial and imperial policies of Germany, France, and (to a lesser degree) Britain, when the springtime of Africa started, none of them could hold the waves of liberation back.
OOC
Part-time Anarchist
Anti-Monotheist
Iranian Nationalist
Templates

Hystaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Hystaria » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:34 am

Frievolk wrote:
Vaeruio wrote:
ok.

That's actually an interesting tidbit about fauna diversity in your geography. Good to know!

Immediately after the second World War ended, The Continent of Africa was effectively divided between France, Germany, and Britain.

Germany had Four colonies (later, Oversees Dominions): Togoland, South West Africa, West Africa, and Mittelafrika (which was carved out of French and British Colonies prior to the first world war). Originally, the latter three were all parts of Mittelafrika, but they were separated from it for better administration. Germany lost all of its dominions other than Togoland in the Decolonization, though it holds a very large influence on the Mittelafrika even now (Those regions of the African Union have closer ties to the German Empire than the Brotherhood of Nations)

Britain had Egypt, Somali (Seized from Rome after ww2), Mozambique, and British West Africa, which was formed by taking some French and Spanish colonies in the Area. Britain lost Mozambique to Orange Free State during the Decolonization, and only holds Somali now, though Egypt is also part of its informal Empire.

France had Algeria, Morocco, North and West Africa, the latter two each a federation of smaller components. France lost all of its dominion and has failed to hold a cordial relations with the post-colonial states, even though one of them (The North African Federation) is one of its allies in the Entente.

Spain, and Netherlands each held a small dominion (Spanish Morocco had been larger prior to the second world war, but most of that was seized by France), while New England effectively took over the American Colony of Liberia. In truth, the only Independent state in Africa until the African Decolonization had been the Orange Free State, which had established an Apartheid on most of South Africa.

All this changed, of course, once the Decolonization reared its head upon Africa, and despite the harsh colonial and imperial policies of Germany, France, and (to a lesser degree) Britain, when the springtime of Africa started, none of them could hold the waves of liberation back.

Nice, so in your nation, there are more gemeran speaking africans, interesting.

Hystaria recently made major tax cuts, rooting out bureaucracy and in general be more efficient and transparent with no reason for there change, but it is seen as good. It also it means it has smaller but more aggressive government.
Last edited by Hystaria on Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives